Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Brooks Koepka WITB: 2017 Farmers Insurance Open


53 replies to this topic

#31 swizbeatz

swizbeatz

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,090 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137276
  • Joined: 08/22/2011
  • Handicap:+.6
GolfWRX Likes : 1191

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:20 AM

What's the deal with that 60, M grind but says 60L?

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 DaBears

DaBears

    Captain Hook

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 344119
  • Joined: 10/10/2014
  • Location:Niagara On The Lake
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:55 PM

wouldn't be surprised if out of no where he signs to PXG. Impressed with the mizuno irons tho.

Edited by DaBears, 31 January 2017 - 08:55 PM.


2

#33 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 1,964 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1437

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:14 AM

View PostDaBears, on 31 January 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

wouldn't be surprised if out of no where he signs to PXG. Impressed with the mizuno irons tho.

I think Brooks wants to win and begin to fulfill his potential, and having to play those woods would handicap that to some degree.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

3

#34 endy

endy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 166935
  • Joined: 02/29/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 450

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:27 PM

View PostTollBros, on 01 February 2017 - 04:14 AM, said:

View PostDaBears, on 31 January 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

wouldn't be surprised if out of no where he signs to PXG. Impressed with the mizuno irons tho.

I think Brooks wants to win and begin to fulfill his potential, and having to play those woods would handicap that to some degree.

Such an EPIC response 😂
Taylormade M1 440 9.5* w/ Rogue Silver 60X
Taylormade AB YB w/ Diamana Prototype 83X
Titleist 585H 19* w/ ADDI 95X
Srixon Z945 4-PW w/ S300
Fourteen RM-22 RAW w/ TI S400 52/56/60
Taylormade Spider S
Srixon Z-Star XV

4

#35 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 1,964 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1437

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:30 AM

View Postendy, on 01 February 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 01 February 2017 - 04:14 AM, said:

View PostDaBears, on 31 January 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

wouldn't be surprised if out of no where he signs to PXG. Impressed with the mizuno irons tho.

I think Brooks wants to win and begin to fulfill his potential, and having to play those woods would handicap that to some degree.

Such an EPIC response 😂

Haha. Not one single player on any tour is using a PXG wood by choice. Only staffers. That says everything.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

5

#36 andrieddle

andrieddle

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 414694
  • Joined: 03/07/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 133

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:40 AM

Does he bag a PW and a 48 vokey? That's confusing.....
Callaway XR (11)
Ping G 3W (15)

TaylorMade M1 3H (19)
TaylorMade R15 4H (22)
Ping G (5-W)

Bridgestone M Forged (50)
Callaway MD2 (56,60)
Odyssey MXM Versa #7

6

#37 Ash1974

Ash1974

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151103
  • Joined: 12/14/2011
  • Location:Newport, South Wales. UK
GolfWRX Likes : 65

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:43 AM

View Postandrieddle, on 19 June 2017 - 03:40 AM, said:

Does he bag a PW and a 48 vokey? That's confusing.....

Was thinking that myself, thought it might be a weak GW but he has a 52 Vokey as well?
Posted Image M2 12° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff

Posted Image
M2 Tour 3i - PX PXi - 5.5

Posted Image M2 Tour 4-AW - TT XP95 - S300

Posted Image Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge

Posted Image Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

7

#38 ifc202

ifc202

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 463998
  • Joined: 04/18/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:03 AM

Will he stick with Mizuno irons or go to TM, Calloway, PXG etc. once the offers start rolling in?
ifc202
Woods - Taylormade Stage 2
Irons - Mizuno JPX 900 Tour
Putter - Taylormade Spider

8

#39 Oliver Klozoff

Oliver Klozoff

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214403
  • Joined: 12/04/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:19 AM

View PostAsh1974, on 19 June 2017 - 04:43 AM, said:

View Postandrieddle, on 19 June 2017 - 03:40 AM, said:

Does he bag a PW and a 48 vokey? That's confusing.....

Was thinking that myself, thought it might be a weak GW but he has a 52 Vokey as well?

I play the JPX 900 Tours and do the same thing.   PW, 48, 52.   I bent the PW 1 degree stronger and the 52 1 degree weaker.  The Vokey wedges don't go very far IMO.  So it's nice gapping from my experience.

Mizuno messed this one up.  He's totally outfitted in Nike.  He has a Nike bag.  TM already has his win up on their website for their Driver.   Nobody outside golfwrx types know he even plays MIzuno irons.  

Mizuno USA Golf webpage?  Still got a nice Chris Woods recommends page:(

Edited by Oliver Klozoff, 19 June 2017 - 07:20 AM.


9

#40 Tzoid

Tzoid

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5124
  • Joined: 08/14/2005
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:twallermizman
GolfWRX Likes : 151

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:55 AM

View PostOliver Klozoff, on 19 June 2017 - 07:19 AM, said:

View PostAsh1974, on 19 June 2017 - 04:43 AM, said:

View Postandrieddle, on 19 June 2017 - 03:40 AM, said:

Does he bag a PW and a 48 vokey? That's confusing.....

Was thinking that myself, thought it might be a weak GW but he has a 52 Vokey as well?

I play the JPX 900 Tours and do the same thing.   PW, 48, 52.   I bent the PW 1 degree stronger and the 52 1 degree weaker.  The Vokey wedges don't go very far IMO.  So it's nice gapping from my experience.

Mizuno messed this one up.  He's totally outfitted in Nike.  He has a Nike bag.  TM already has his win up on their website for their Driver.   Nobody outside golfwrx types know he even plays MIzuno irons.  

Mizuno USA Golf webpage?  Still got a nice Chris Woods recommends page:(


Mizuno USA's Website sucks so bad it's ridiculous....  Mizuno Europe Website is great in contrast.

Seems as if the Mizuno USA Web content folks are lazy or just terrible at their jobs.

   Europe has it on the home page http://golf.mizunoeurope.com/

and    http://golf.mizunoeurope.com/blog/mizuno-jpx900-tour-irons-played-by-2017-us-open-winner/

Edited by Tzoid, 19 June 2017 - 08:02 AM.

Texan raised in Maryland
ONOFF Kuro 4-PW Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120S
Ping G Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 60
Ping Anser 3 & 5 Wood  G25 Hybrid
Scratch 50, 54 & 58 degree wedges
Scotty Cameron & Crown 33" Newport 2

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 ifc202

ifc202

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 463998
  • Joined: 04/18/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:12 AM

I play tours also. My set-up is PW-45  GW-50  SW-55  LW-60.  Maybe a bit unusual but works ok for me. I too am baffled that Chris Wood and Luke Donald are the face of Mizuno. Not inspiring to say the least. BK would be great but I'm afraid he will be switching soon. Don't blame him. He'll need the money to keep that girlfriend happy! Oh, ummm.... I mean new girlfriend! (Thanks for pointing that out FOX)
ifc202
Woods - Taylormade Stage 2
Irons - Mizuno JPX 900 Tour
Putter - Taylormade Spider

11

#42 retrogolfrl

retrogolfrl

    Rookie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 296163
  • Joined: 02/09/2014
  • Location:MA
  • Handicap:18
  • Ebay ID:retrogolfrl
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:27 AM

Is his 60* SN4 conforming?

12

#43 hollowgram

hollowgram

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 388128
  • Joined: 07/27/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:30 AM

Cool article written by Jonathan Wall at PGATour.com on Brooks' winning bag and the backstory to him switching to the Mizuno irons.  

http://www.pgatour.c...erin-hills.html

A couple interesting takeaways..
1.  They designed the JPX Tour with Brooks in mind while he was STILL at Titleist staffer and before he switched to Nike?  
2.  Mentions that there is a new Mizuno item coming that will replace the Nike Vapor Fly Pro driving 3 iron he has.  What could this be!?  Mizzy's approach to a the TMB / UDI  or other utility irons?  Replacement for MP H5?

I understand that Mizzy tends to introduce new products around the British Open with retail release in September so hopefully we will get an official overview of the MP18 very soon..
WITB

TM M2 2016 9.5 deg (set 1.5 deg low), 44", Kuro Kage Silver Tini XT 70 TX
TM M1 2016 15 deg (set 1.5 deg low), 42.5" Kuro Kage Silver Tini XT 80X
Mizuno MPH5  2, 3, Project X 6.5
Mizuno MP15 4, 5, 6 Project X 6.5
Mizuno MP5 7 - PW Project X 6.5
Vokey 52 and 58 Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 35"

13

#44 apex523

apex523

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1761
  • Joined: 06/19/2005
  • Location:Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:12 AM

The JPX900 Tour's look amazing.  I've owned previous JPX Pro line irons and never liked the look, but these awesome with the satin finish.  May be the ones to replace the ap2's.
Titleist 917 D3 - 8.5* - MRC Diamana Whiteboard 63
Nike Covert 2.0 - 15* - Fujikura Rombax P95
Titleist 816 H2 - 19* - Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 TS / NIke Vr-S Forged Iron - 20* - PXI
Titleist 714 AP2 - (4 - 9) - TT DG S300
Vokey - SM5 - 46* - SM6 - 50*, 55*, 60* - TT DG S300
Taylormade Spider Blade 12 tour milled insert / Scotty Cameron Select - Newport 2
Titleist Prov1x / KSig

14

#45 madasing

madasing

    MattyIce

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 335745
  • Joined: 08/23/2014
  • Location:Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:47 AM

Obviously, it's an awesome win. I find it interesting that his irons have X100 and his wedges have S400. According to True Temper's scale, the S400 is much stiffer than the X100. The difference is greater than R300 to S300. Must be working for him...


15

#46 mwink822

mwink822

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62954
  • Joined: 08/11/2008
  • Location:Delaware
GolfWRX Likes : 275

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:55 AM

View Posthollowgram, on 19 June 2017 - 09:30 AM, said:

Cool article written by Jonathan Wall at PGATour.com on Brooks' winning bag and the backstory to him switching to the Mizuno irons.  

http://www.pgatour.c...erin-hills.html

A couple interesting takeaways..
1.  They designed the JPX Tour with Brooks in mind while he was STILL at Titleist staffer and before he switched to Nike?  
2.  Mentions that there is a new Mizuno item coming that will replace the Nike Vapor Fly Pro driving 3 iron he has.  What could this be!?  Mizzy's approach to a the TMB / UDI  or other utility irons?  Replacement for MP H5?

I understand that Mizzy tends to introduce new products around the British Open with retail release in September so hopefully we will get an official overview of the MP18 very soon..

Hopefully the new Mizuno driving iron is something like the old MP Fli-Hi driving irons.
Titleist 915D2 8.5* Diamana Kai'li 70X
Titleist 915 Fd 13.5* Diamana S+ 80X
3-P Mizuno JPX 900 Tour Nippon Modus 3 105X
White Satin Mizuno MP T7 51-08 Modus 3 105X
Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 55-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 59-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback 1

16

#47 BirdieBob

BirdieBob

    Member of the 1 Iron Club

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12966
  • Joined: 03/03/2006
  • Location:The Course
GolfWRX Likes : 474

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:57 AM

View Postmadasing, on 19 June 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

Obviously, it's an awesome win. I find it interesting that his irons have X100 and his wedges have S400. According to True Temper's scale, the S400 is much stiffer than the X100. The difference is greater than R300 to S300. Must be working for him...

http://www.golfwrx.c.../#entry12819602

The x100 is stiffer in flex than the S400, BUT the S400 is heavier.
PXG 0811X 9* Driver, Limited Edition 2016 Basileus AAA, 60X
PXG 0341X 15* 3 wood, Basileus Leggero, 75X
PXG 0341X 18* 5 wood, Graphite Design Tour AD BB, 8X
PXG 0317X 19* Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Black, 6.0
PXG 0311X, 3 & 4, Xtreme Dark Driving Irons, UST Recoil Proto, 95 F5
PXG 0311T, 5 & 6, Xtreme Dark Irons, DG TI AMT, x100
PXG 0311T, 7-P, Xtreme Dark Irons, DG TI 120, x100
VOKEY SM4 50*, 54* & 58* Custom "BIRDIEBOB" wedges, DG TI 120, x100
PXG Gunboat, "Darkness" Putter
PXG "Classic" Black Stand Bag

17

#48 BirdieBob

BirdieBob

    Member of the 1 Iron Club

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12966
  • Joined: 03/03/2006
  • Location:The Course
GolfWRX Likes : 474

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:13 PM

View PostTollBros, on 02 February 2017 - 01:30 AM, said:

View Postendy, on 01 February 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 01 February 2017 - 04:14 AM, said:

View PostDaBears, on 31 January 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

wouldn't be surprised if out of no where he signs to PXG. Impressed with the mizuno irons tho.

I think Brooks wants to win and begin to fulfill his potential, and having to play those woods would handicap that to some degree.

Such an EPIC response ��

Haha. Not one single player on any tour is using a PXG wood by choice. Only staffers. That says everything.



Perhaps because PXG isn't issuing Driver contracts like Taylormade...now that says everything!


I tried the PXG 0811X (9*) and 2017 TM M1 both 8.5 and 9.5 heads on a Full Swing simulator.
AD-DI and GP shafts in the M1's; different shaft in the PXG..see sig.
Distance was a little better with the PXG and lower spin.
PXG 0811X 9* Driver, Limited Edition 2016 Basileus AAA, 60X
PXG 0341X 15* 3 wood, Basileus Leggero, 75X
PXG 0341X 18* 5 wood, Graphite Design Tour AD BB, 8X
PXG 0317X 19* Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Black, 6.0
PXG 0311X, 3 & 4, Xtreme Dark Driving Irons, UST Recoil Proto, 95 F5
PXG 0311T, 5 & 6, Xtreme Dark Irons, DG TI AMT, x100
PXG 0311T, 7-P, Xtreme Dark Irons, DG TI 120, x100
VOKEY SM4 50*, 54* & 58* Custom "BIRDIEBOB" wedges, DG TI 120, x100
PXG Gunboat, "Darkness" Putter
PXG "Classic" Black Stand Bag

18

#49 kevin1826

kevin1826

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3607
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:05 PM

Is the Diamana D+ Limited TX that Brooks is playing different than the retail version found in the Titleist drivers. How does it compare to the Kuro Kage Dual Core XT and Tensei Pro White?

19

#50 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 1,964 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1437

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:05 AM

View PostBirdieBob, on 19 June 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 02 February 2017 - 01:30 AM, said:

View Postendy, on 01 February 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 01 February 2017 - 04:14 AM, said:

View PostDaBears, on 31 January 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

wouldn't be surprised if out of no where he signs to PXG. Impressed with the mizuno irons tho.

I think Brooks wants to win and begin to fulfill his potential, and having to play those woods would handicap that to some degree.

Such an EPIC response ��

Haha. Not one single player on any tour is using a PXG wood by choice. Only staffers. That says everything.



Perhaps because PXG isn't issuing Driver contracts like Taylormade...now that says everything!


I tried the PXG 0811X (9*) and 2017 TM M1 both 8.5 and 9.5 heads on a Full Swing simulator.
AD-DI and GP shafts in the M1's; different shaft in the PXG..see sig.
Distance was a little better with the PXG and lower spin.

If you're honestly saying PXG drivers are better than Taylormade at Tour level swing speeds, I don't even know how to respond to that except by saying again, not one single non staffer on Tour is playing one, and not one single free agent put one in the bag when nobody was paying.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 easylittle5wood

easylittle5wood

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63149
  • Joined: 08/13/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 169

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:03 PM

View PostAsh1974, on 19 June 2017 - 04:43 AM, said:

View Postandrieddle, on 19 June 2017 - 03:40 AM, said:

Does he bag a PW and a 48 vokey? That's confusing.....

Was thinking that myself, thought it might be a weak GW but he has a 52 Vokey as well?

I agree it does seem odd and not anything I've seen in other WITB. Why carry to PWs?

If he bends his Mizuno JPX 900 Tours (stock 46 degree) one degree strong that's still only a 3 degree gap.

Edited by easylittle5wood, 14 August 2017 - 01:03 PM.


21

#52 Pepe8714

Pepe8714

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1202
  • Joined: 05/29/2005
  • Location:CA
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted Yesterday, 06:11 PM

View Posteasylittle5wood, on 14 August 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

View PostAsh1974, on 19 June 2017 - 04:43 AM, said:

View Postandrieddle, on 19 June 2017 - 03:40 AM, said:

Does he bag a PW and a 48 vokey? That's confusing.....

Was thinking that myself, thought it might be a weak GW but he has a 52 Vokey as well?

I agree it does seem odd and not anything I've seen in other WITB. Why carry to PWs?

If he bends his Mizuno JPX 900 Tours (stock 46 degree) one degree strong that's still only a 3 degree gap.

I do the exact same thing. 4-PW (45* PW), 48/54/60 vokeys. The distance gap is perfect.

22

#53 breakfree40

breakfree40

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 481 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136037
  • Joined: 08/11/2011
  • Location:Cary, NC
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:breakfree40
GolfWRX Likes : 138

Posted Yesterday, 08:48 PM

He probably likes the grinds but wanted more bounce.  48* bent to 50 and 52* bent to 54/55*.  Then the 60*.
2017:
9* Epic S/D setting; 45" Attas Punch 7s tipped 1"
15* Adams Tight Lies Ti; 43" Aldila Tour Blue VooDoo (tour only) 7x
19* Nike Vapor Pro 3i; Aldila 2kxv Blue 95x
23* Adams Pro hybrid; Aldila 2kxv Orange 95x
5 - PW Raw Bridgestone J15CB; Accra 100i x 2*up +3/4"
52* Fourteen RM-21; 1* up
56* Callaway PM Grind ; 1* up
60* Callaway PM Grind; 1* up
Bettinardi Something Fishy Prototype BB0; Registry #RJB2821; 2* loft; 71* lie

Backup:
Cobra LTD 9* D; JDM Speeder Platinum SPD6x 45.5"
Cobra f6 baffler 16.5* weight back; 83x OG blueboard +2"
18* Yonex Z01 Driving Iron; Matrix Program 95 6.5; 2*up
4-GW Titleist TMB; 2* up +3/4"; Matrix Program 130 6.5;
54* Vokey TVD K 2* up; 1* weak DGS400
60* Vokey TVD K 2* up; DGS400


Just in Case:
Scotty Cameron Custom Welded Plumbers Neck Golo 5, 36" 2* loft, 71* lie
Byron Morgan DH89 Sink or Swim; 2* loft, 71* lie
4 - PW Titleist 2016 VG3; Fujikura MCI 100S +1/2" 2*up 1* weak
50* Vokey SM6 F 2* up; DGS400

23

#54 ZachSvec

ZachSvec

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 444648
  • Joined: 10/24/2016
  • Location:New Berlin, Wisconsin
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted Yesterday, 08:54 PM

Great to see Brooks mixed bag is still bringing him success, would be interesting to see what tour players would play with no equipment contracts. Sadly not a real possibility.

24



1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors