Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 1 votes

Spider Tour Black Reviews?

Putter Spider Tour Taylormade

68 replies to this topic

#61 edryer3

edryer3

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 167449
  • Handicap:0.4
GolfWRX Likes : 210

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:29 AM

I've only had my tour black for a few days. I changed the weights and added 8g weights to it and it feels so much better. I'm still not sure on the grip. Has anyone changed their grip on it. If you added the straight SNSR 104cc or the super stroke pistol GT 1.0, how was the feel? Did you have to order a heavier weight?

Tour Issue TM M2 9.5deg w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
TM M3 15deg w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX
​TM P790 3i w/ SPX Recoil Proto 125X
TM P790 4i w/ Nippon 125X
Srixon 765 5-PW w/ Nippon 125X
TM Milled Grind 50deg, 54deg, and 58deg High Toe w/ Nippon 125X
TM Spider Tour Black

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 niccisjl

niccisjl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15659
  • Ebay ID:jlandniccidavis
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:07 AM

I bought a 34" black in a local store and I'm very happy with the purchase. I have been waiting for a slant neck spider since the Ghost spider slant neck. I didn't buy one of those because I hate the plastic insert that was in it. I am not the biggest fan of the insert in the spider tour as it is the same plastic but it seems firmer and not as hollow sounding. It still feels hollow but not as much. I would love to replace the insert with the og. AGSI insert then this thing would really shine. Mine sits square and flows really nice back and through. I got the plane sole plate that doesn't say tour just itsy bitsy. I agree though it is over priced at 299 tops 250 but if your military you can use ID on Taylor Mades website and get it for 254 with discount.

#63 Vonex586

Vonex586

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 445666
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

has anyone tested both putters? tour plate and itsy  bitsy plate? if so, what is your comparison? open, closed, etc....

#64 weisse12

weisse12

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 436540
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:19 AM

View Postmasterssunday, on 20 February 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

I absolutely love the look and the head size, and that I can change weights.  The feel is awesome with the firmer insert too. I just installed a Superstroke GT and I think that combo will be very successful.

can you please tell me which weights you used when changing the stock ones out? Where can I purchase them? Thanks!

#65 jeffrey r

jeffrey r

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83556
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 292

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:33 AM

View Postweisse12, on 20 June 2017 - 07:19 AM, said:

can you please tell me which weights you used when changing the stock ones out? Where can I purchase them? Thanks!

The Spider Tour uses the same weights that TM has been using for years.  You can pull weights from older TM clubs like R7 and Supertri drivers, or purchase standard TM weights off of ebay.  I have two 4g weights in mine (stock is 2g weights), and it feels very well balanced to me.  Some people go with 6g or 8g weights, and seem to like that as well.  Any heavier, you'd really need  to want/like a heavy putter.

Ping G400 Max Driver 10.5*, Ping Tour 65 R
Callaway Great Big Bertha 3 Wood and Heavenwood, Kuro Kage 50 S
Callaway Big Bertha OS 4 and 5 Hybrids, UST Mamiya Recoil ES 460 S
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro Irons 6-AW, TT XP 105 S300
Cleveland CBX 54* and 58* Wedges, DG 115 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Circle T Concept 2.5 Putter 34"

#66 getitdaily

getitdaily

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479556
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 731

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:47 PM

I putted with one today in a SAM puttlab session. I prefer a sbst stroke but I tend to take it away slightly outside thinking I'm sb. The SAM numbers on the spider tour black were phenomenal. Stroke was slightly inside and my usual 4 degree left path was .1 degree left. Seems the toe hang helped me bring the putter back better and thru better. I aimed it better than my gamer too. My aim was .2 degrees right, my gamer is .6 right.

But the numbers on the sigma g kushin were nearly identical to the spider so I'm going with the ping since I wanted to go back to a blade style, the ping is much cheaper, and the ping suits my eye better.

#67 Double Mocha Man

Double Mocha Man

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 232183
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 140

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:51 AM

View Postjjr, on 04 March 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

Just received my 34" DJ Spider Tour it's sits square, not sure what you guys are seeing. Haven't had it on the course yet but it feels awesome.

I've used a TaylorMade TP driver for years.  It sits about 2 degrees open.  Anytime I pick up other drivers with square faces they seem closed.
3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

#68 hennesy

hennesy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28958
  • Ebay ID:3puttmd
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:42 PM

I like the tour black, but still love the original ghost spider. Face balanced suits me better and like the larger size. Tour black is a great putter, firmer insert fella better to me and the black is sharp looking.

#69 blue 22 golf

blue 22 golf

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139470
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:01 AM

View PostZBUCK, on 27 February 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

View PostJdavenp3, on 27 February 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

View PostZBUCK, on 22 February 2017 - 10:04 AM, said:

This thread has a lot of the answers everyone is looking for:

http://www.golfwrx.c...y-any-one-know/

I have the black Spider Tour with the Itsy Bitsy sole plate, not the Tour sole plate (apparently there is a difference in the way it sits because the sole plates are shaped differently), and I have to say that I think this is going to be my gamer for a while. I've gotten in 4 full rounds and a few practice sessions with it and I love the firmer feel (used with a Pro V1x or Srixon XV), it's not a click, it's just a solid feeling. I have had very little trouble with the ball skidding, even with lag putts on a shaggy green. The slant neck seems to fit my eye very well and it may not be for everyone but it definitely is for me. I like not having a sight line because I am more of a feel putter and tend to manipulate my stroke when I have any sort of alignment aid on the putter or the ball.

From 5 feet and in, this putter is deadly for me. It is extremely stable because of the perimeter weighting and high MOI. The fact that it has changeable weights is a huge benefit as now I have been able to dial in the exact weight I want. There are few putters I've felt this confident with in the past and I've always reluctantly sold them - I won't make that mistake again. This thing is point and shoot.

For what it's worth - I have a SBST stroke and the 38* of toe hang is negligible.

I have the same putter and sole plate. There were different ones made?

Yes - there are two different models of the Spider Tour Black. There was a version that was released in November that was limited release, which has this sole plate:

And the model that is currently being sold has this sole plate:

Those seem to be the only differences between the two. They are mostly cosmetic but I've read that the 2nd image I just posted sits different due to those indents.

I have the bottom one
I, too, have had excellent results with my lag putting; making a surprising number from 25 to 35 feet range  
10 feet and in - I have alignment issues without sight lines - so I am using car striping tape and making my own multiple sight lines
When done, it is going in my bag.

Also tagged with Putter, Spider, Tour, Taylormade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors