Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Game Golf Live + Apple Watch

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 raynorfan1

raynorfan1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119065
GolfWRX Likes : 878

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:58 PM

Is anybody using Game Golf Live with an Apple Watch?

To what degree do you need to keep your iPhone nearby for the whole thing to work? My understanding is that it uses the GGL box as the GPS receiver, but is the GGL box paired directly to the watch, or is it paired to the iPhone which is paired to the watch?

My issue is that I usually leave my phone in my bag, and there are a bunch of places on my home course where you tend to drop the bag off and take a couple of clubs on a walk to the tee.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 tourbrassie

tourbrassie

Rookie

• Sponsors
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 451942
  • Handicap:Pro
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:35 AM

Apple Watch had no GPS. It uses the GPS Signal from the phone.
Without the GG Device you won't get shot identified. But the device got an own GPS.

In the former days I always left my phone in my pocket, but today I put in the back pocket of my trouser and use the phone like a birdie book. Of course I use my own software ;-)
bebrassie - golf tracking performance software and app
www.bebrassie.com

bebrassie in the AppStores: iOS or Android

Free 30 days trial
$ 4,99 per month or $ 49,99 per year

tourbrassie - on stop platform for professional golf scores
www.tourbrassie.com

#3 Nick081974

Nick081974

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 380028
  • Ebay ID:08bullittstang
GolfWRX Likes : 59

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:42 PM

If you have the Apple Watch series 2 you are good and can leave your phone in the bag as it has its own GPS.  Series 1 Apple watches do not have GPS.
- Taylormade M2 9.5
- Taylormade M2 3W
- Taylormade M2 3h
- Taylormade M2 4-PW
- Vokey SM6 50*, 56*, & 60*
- Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.5
- TM Tour Preferred X

#4 cpouley

cpouley

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 213181
  • Ebay ID:cpouley
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:37 AM

I have played a couple rounds using the Apple Watch Series 2 and the Game Golf App.  It worked very well.  However I had my phone in my pocket as I like to look at it as well to get some carry distances for bunkers and such.  Because It was in my pocket I can't answer whether you need to have the phone close by.  I can however say that this combination allows for shot tracking just like a game golf devise.  Just no tapping of the club.  Love this combo.  Will keep using.  Can someone confirm that the watch isn't needed to be close by with a  Series 2?

#5 PixlPutterman

PixlPutterman

Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish)

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,421 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24110
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:MikesChevelle
GolfWRX Likes : 894

Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:17 PM

View Postcpouley, on 28 January 2017 - 01:37 AM, said:

I have played a couple rounds using the Apple Watch Series 2 and the Game Golf App.  It worked very well.  However I had my phone in my pocket as I like to look at it as well to get some carry distances for bunkers and such.  Because It was in my pocket I can't answer whether you need to have the phone close by.  I can however say that this combination allows for shot tracking just like a game golf devise.  Just no tapping of the club.  Love this combo.  Will keep using.  Can someone confirm that the watch isn't needed to be close by with a  Series 2?

Trying to send you a PM on R Flex shafts and your inbox is full

SLDR TP 8.5° - Attas 5 GoGo
Srixon zU65 18° - ADDI 95
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 24° - C Taper
Adams MB2 Torched - C Taper
Cobra Tour Trusty 50° - S300
Cobra Tour Trusty 55° - S300
Nike Engage DS 60° - S300
ProType 2-Ball

My WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c...e/#entry2280019

#6 redrover69

redrover69

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 471454
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:56 AM

View Postcpouley, on 28 January 2017 - 01:37 AM, said:

I think you need to keep the phone within bluetooth distance of the watch in order for the gamegolf app to function properly.

The app worked great for a few holes until my buddy dropped me off I walked to the other side of the green and my watch lost connection with my iphone. From that point on the app on my watch locked up and was useless. I couldnt get the watch to work at all properly. I messaged tech support they told me to re-sync with bluetooth and that SHOULD work.

Otherwise I guess Ill need to put my iphone 7 plus in my pocket when I know I wont be in bluetooth range of it.

Anyone buy the game golf live device?

Thoughts??? I kinda dont want to be carrying around my phone in my pocket when I play...UGH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors