Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Srixon is coming up.


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 tincup_jeff

tincup_jeff

    Rookie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 407318
  • Joined: 01/01/2016
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:tincup_jeff
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:40 PM

I gotta say that I'm impressed with Srixon.  Quality club for a great price.  These feel 10x better than Miura's at 1/3rd of the price (maybe not the tight spec tolerance Miura has).  

I was looking on eBay for a used (second set) of 965 irons, and all thats on there are new club build auctions.  I gotta say you know your clubs are doing well when there are not a lot of auctions for your clubs (used) on eBay.

Anyways, just my .03 cents!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 nitram

nitram

    Take Dead Aim

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,633 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28973
  • Joined: 05/15/2007
  • Location:WestOK, on the South Canadian Riviera
  • Handicap:+1.2
  • Ebay ID:fmrtrp
GolfWRX Likes : 887

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:48 PM

View Posttincup_jeff, on 15 January 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

I gotta say that I'm impressed with Srixon.  Quality club for a great price.  These feel 10x better than Miura's at 1/3rd of the price (maybe not the tight spec tolerance Miura has).  

I was looking on eBay for a used (second set) of 965 irons, and all thats on there are new club build auctions.  I gotta say you know your clubs are doing well when there are not a lot of auctions for your clubs (used) on eBay.

Anyways, just my .03 cents!

Woah there Jeff.

I went to Srixon last year after a decade or so of playing Miura. Not because they felt 10 times better but because they performed twice as well for my game.

Edited by nitram, 15 January 2017 - 12:49 PM.

M2 ('17 T.I.) 10.5* TP6HD X
M2 ('17 T.I.) 3HL Veylix Rome 988X
Sonartec Md-19* Veylix Rome 988X
Miura CB57 4-P KBS Tour V 120X
Chikara V1 Proto 51, 54, & 60 Nippon SP Blue
Bettinardi DASS 3.0 Tour Proto MiNOvai

2

#3 Sir Stymie

Sir Stymie

    Rookie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128822
  • Joined: 05/16/2011
  • Location:BC, Canada
  • Handicap:Wife
  • Ebay ID:jostoforov
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:26 PM

Indeed great clubs! Having played Miura and Epon...and few other JDM offerings...plus Mizuno and Titleist blades/MB's...the Srixon's are top notch...likely the easiest iron I have ever hit, and pretty forgiving...I would say on par with a players CB!

3

#4 tincup_jeff

tincup_jeff

    Rookie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 407318
  • Joined: 01/01/2016
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:tincup_jeff
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:04 PM

View Postnitram, on 15 January 2017 - 12:48 PM, said:

View Posttincup_jeff, on 15 January 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

I gotta say that I'm impressed with Srixon.  Quality club for a great price.  These feel 10x better than Miura's at 1/3rd of the price (maybe not the tight spec tolerance Miura has).  

I was looking on eBay for a used (second set) of 965 irons, and all thats on there are new club build auctions.  I gotta say you know your clubs are doing well when there are not a lot of auctions for your clubs (used) on eBay.

Anyways, just my .03 cents!

Woah there Jeff.

I went to Srixon last year after a decade or so of playing Miura. Not because they felt 10 times better but because they performed twice as well for my game.

Noy picking on Miura specifically just using them as an example of a high end JDM ...  �

4

#5 3woodvt

3woodvt

    Zero days

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 365369
  • Joined: 03/06/2015
  • Location:Rocky Mount VA
  • Handicap:+0.5
GolfWRX Likes : 721

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:30 PM

I remember last year reading all thy hype on the Srixon's and just laughed it off.  Since buying my new Srixons (although 2 year old model), I have to say they are incredible blades that simply perform.  I'm a long time Mizuno user and I'm not going to say anything bad about mizuno in terms of performance or feel but Srixon is every bit as good in feel and perform better for me.  Why I don't know, maybe it's because they are so damn beautiful or there technology is good.  Anyway I've always hit the center of clubface on irons or slightly toward inner part of face with my irons and these babies are perfect.  I read the 965's they moved weight and slight change to sole and leading edge to help more 10'o clock strikes.  I'm glad I went in the 45's but the 65's should be good for the majority I'm guessing.  Anyway your title is correct, Srixon is definitely on the upward move.  I know their ball has more patents than any other mfg out there, don't know if that makes it better but shows these guys make quality stuff and affordable prices.  Don't know much about their wood lineup but I'm not in that market anyway as I've been sold on Ping series since the G20.

Ping G LS 9* Graphite Design AD-GP 7X D3 44 3/4
Srixon F65 13.5* Miyazaki 6X  D2 43
Srixon F45 16* Graphite Design AD-GP 7X D2 42
Srixon Z945 4-PW KBS TourS 120 D1
Cleveland 2.0 50,**54**,59* D3
Ping Zing TR 35" Lamkin Deep Etched Chord
Srixon Z Star.
Lamkin Wrap Tech Midsize

5

#6 flopshot99

flopshot99

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 304529
  • Joined: 03/30/2014
  • Location:Moving to florida
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 109

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:29 PM

They don't feel 10x better then miuras..why even say that. They are endo forged...yamaha..epon..many others endo forged. Prgr endo and feels better then srixons. I agree they feel and perform top notch..but let's not make them 10x better then miura.

6

#7 tincup_jeff

tincup_jeff

    Rookie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 407318
  • Joined: 01/01/2016
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:tincup_jeff
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:29 PM

I'm currently gaming the Mizzy 900 JPX tours, and they are phenomenal....But I also want a set of 965's combo'd in 765 (4&5 iron).  Currently Saving up for a second set.  That way when my Gemini kicks in, in about a week I can switch back and forth...lol

Its just amazing that there are currently NO used sets on eBay (from private sellers) for sale...thats when you know people are keeping your product, and its good!

7

#8 tincup_jeff

tincup_jeff

    Rookie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 407318
  • Joined: 01/01/2016
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:tincup_jeff
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:32 PM

View Postflopshot99, on 15 January 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

They don't feel 10x better then miuras..why even say that. They are endo forged...yamaha..epon..many others endo forged. Prgr endo and feels better then srixons. I agree they feel and perform top notch..but let's not make them 10x better then miura.

I don't get why everyone says Miura feels so good.  They feel no better than a PING cast iron.  They are not the softest iron, by any means.  Just because they are Endo forged doesn't mean that they are goods gift to softness (HIGH QUALITY NO DOUBT).

My opinion, and I'm a decent iron player.  My handicap is a 7 because I hit balls out of bonds on the tee box... :busted_cop:

To each their own.

8

#9 3woodvt

3woodvt

    Zero days

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 365369
  • Joined: 03/06/2015
  • Location:Rocky Mount VA
  • Handicap:+0.5
GolfWRX Likes : 721

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:35 PM

View Posttincup_jeff, on 15 January 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

I'm currently gaming the Mizzy 900 JPX tours, and they are phenomenal....But I also want a set of 965's combo'd in 765 (4&5 iron).  Currently Saving up for a second set.  That way when my Gemini kicks in, in about a week I can switch back and forth...lol

Its just amazing that there are currently NO used sets on eBay (from private sellers) for sale...thats when you know people are keeping your product, and its good!
Goop point.  I'll never sell these.  I may give them away to a H.S. golfer after I wear the grooves down in 2-3 years.  I'd almost like to get a second set to have ready when these wear out.  Think their perfect in this model.  Don't worry about the 4 and 5 iron going into the cavity back.  I've hit my best shots thus far with the 4-6 irons and are wonderful.  Measure the grooves and you will find the hitting area's are identical.  It's just in your head.   Enjoy them.
Ping G LS 9* Graphite Design AD-GP 7X D3 44 3/4
Srixon F65 13.5* Miyazaki 6X  D2 43
Srixon F45 16* Graphite Design AD-GP 7X D2 42
Srixon Z945 4-PW KBS TourS 120 D1
Cleveland 2.0 50,**54**,59* D3
Ping Zing TR 35" Lamkin Deep Etched Chord
Srixon Z Star.
Lamkin Wrap Tech Midsize

9

#10 SBH9458

SBH9458

    Go Army! Beat Navy!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 337505
  • Joined: 09/01/2014
  • Location:WV
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:07 PM

Not attacking or defending any other brands (I've been a Mizzy/Titleist guy for a long time), but I'm appreciating my 965s as much as any irons I've ever owned.  Everyone will have their opinion....that's just mine. Fairways and greens in 2017!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Sir Stymie

Sir Stymie

    Rookie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128822
  • Joined: 05/16/2011
  • Location:BC, Canada
  • Handicap:Wife
  • Ebay ID:jostoforov
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:08 PM

View Posttincup_jeff, on 15 January 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

View Postflopshot99, on 15 January 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

They don't feel 10x better then miuras..why even say that. They are endo forged...yamaha..epon..many others endo forged. Prgr endo and feels better then srixons. I agree they feel and perform top notch..but let's not make them 10x better then miura.

I don't get why everyone says Miura feels so good.  They feel no better than a PING cast iron.  They are not the softest iron, by any means.  Just because they are Endo forged doesn't mean that they are goods gift to softness (HIGH QUALITY NO DOUBT).

My opinion, and I'm a decent iron player.  My handicap is a 7 because I hit balls out of bonds on the tee box... :busted_cop:

To each their own.

FYI...Miura's aren't Endo forged.

11

#12 flopshot99

flopshot99

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 304529
  • Joined: 03/30/2014
  • Location:Moving to florida
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 109

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:19 PM

The majority of players who have Miura wedges rave about there feel. The cb 57s Miura were given rave raves on this forum. Pretty much agreed that the top 2 iron offerings are epon and miura.

12

#13 GolfCrazy303

GolfCrazy303

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117300
  • Joined: 11/10/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:55 AM

I've demo'd the srixon line up and I'm pretty impressed.

13

#14 Rosales

Rosales

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6947
  • Joined: 10/20/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:03 AM

I love my 745's.  However Golf Galaxy is the only Store around and they no longer carry Srixon clubs.

Edited by Rosales, 21 January 2017 - 01:04 AM.

9.5 Ping G20 Pink Bubba Edition
13.0 Tour Edge Exotic XCG-4-Oban Devoution Shaft
16.5 Tour Edge Exotic E8
21Tour EdgeCB PRO U HYBRID LE
25 Tour Edge Exotic E9-Recoil F4 Shaft
Srixon 745 6-PW
50 Ben Hogan TK
54-Vokey SM5 M Grind Indigo-S400 Black Onyx Shaft
58-Vokey SM5 K Grind
64-Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind-S400 Black Onyx Shaft
Scotty Cameron 1.5 Select Tour COA# A30182

14

#15 3woodvt

3woodvt

    Zero days

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 365369
  • Joined: 03/06/2015
  • Location:Rocky Mount VA
  • Handicap:+0.5
GolfWRX Likes : 721

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:04 AM

http://www.cleveland...en/careers.html

Looks like Srixon/Cleveland is spending some money to grow market share in US markets.  9 open positions in field sales is pretty significant.  If you're in this industry and live in these major markets here is an opportunity.

Ping G LS 9* Graphite Design AD-GP 7X D3 44 3/4
Srixon F65 13.5* Miyazaki 6X  D2 43
Srixon F45 16* Graphite Design AD-GP 7X D2 42
Srixon Z945 4-PW KBS TourS 120 D1
Cleveland 2.0 50,**54**,59* D3
Ping Zing TR 35" Lamkin Deep Etched Chord
Srixon Z Star.
Lamkin Wrap Tech Midsize

15

#16 3woodvt

3woodvt

    Zero days

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 365369
  • Joined: 03/06/2015
  • Location:Rocky Mount VA
  • Handicap:+0.5
GolfWRX Likes : 721

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:19 PM

Anyone know anything about the F45 3 wood?  Got 1 coming in tomorrow after getting a good deal on a used one with a Speeder 757 X shaft in it.  Not overly crazy about my Ping G 3wood I've played for the last year.   Had been playing the G5 3 wood from 2004 for the last decade and can't quite find another one I love.  Hoping this club is a performer as I'm looking for consistency and set up appearance over distance.  Use occasionally off the tee but pretty confident with the Driver. Anyway I was looking to try something different and got this one pretty cheap.  2 years old but we will see.  Any thoughts is appreciated.

PS.  If the F45 goes in the bag that will make 12 Srixon/Clevelands in the bag and 2 pings.  Never thought I'd say that but I'm absolutely crazy about the Z945's as they are so easy to hit and feel simply amazing.  Only had them since mid Dec and handicap has already dropped from a 2.0 to 1.2 and mostly due to really consistent and accurate iron improvements.  also they are just fun to hit and look amazing as almost everytime I play with someone who hasn't seen them in action grabs one during the round and comments really favorably.
Ping G LS 9* Graphite Design AD-GP 7X D3 44 3/4
Srixon F65 13.5* Miyazaki 6X  D2 43
Srixon F45 16* Graphite Design AD-GP 7X D2 42
Srixon Z945 4-PW KBS TourS 120 D1
Cleveland 2.0 50,**54**,59* D3
Ping Zing TR 35" Lamkin Deep Etched Chord
Srixon Z Star.
Lamkin Wrap Tech Midsize

16

#17 cz13X4

cz13X4

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,222 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79464
  • Joined: 04/07/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 1019

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:28 PM

View Postflopshot99, on 15 January 2017 - 10:19 PM, said:

The majority of players who have Miura wedges rave about there feel. The cb 57s Miura were given rave raves on this forum. Pretty much agreed that the top 2 iron offerings are epon and miura.

It's all subjective. No right or wrong. I don't care for how Miuras feel either.

17

#18 MJisGOAT

MJisGOAT

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,186 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264420
  • Joined: 07/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1640

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:51 AM

View Postcz13X4, on 07 February 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

View Postflopshot99, on 15 January 2017 - 10:19 PM, said:

The majority of players who have Miura wedges rave about there feel. The cb 57s Miura were given rave raves on this forum. Pretty much agreed that the top 2 iron offerings are epon and miura.

It's all subjective. No right or wrong. I don't care for how Miuras feel either.

Yep, if you're not hitting the sweep spot on a Miura, then they feel like shat.
Cali
TailorMaid
t****
Apex
v
@thereal#7

18

#19 3woodvt

3woodvt

    Zero days

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 365369
  • Joined: 03/06/2015
  • Location:Rocky Mount VA
  • Handicap:+0.5
GolfWRX Likes : 721

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:54 AM

View PostMJisGOAT, on 08 February 2017 - 05:51 AM, said:

View Postcz13X4, on 07 February 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

View Postflopshot99, on 15 January 2017 - 10:19 PM, said:

The majority of players who have Miura wedges rave about there feel. The cb 57s Miura were given rave raves on this forum. Pretty much agreed that the top 2 iron offerings are epon and miura.

It's all subjective. No right or wrong. I don't care for how Miuras feel either.

Yep, if you're not hitting the sweep spot on a Miura, then they feel like shat.
Agree.  Whatever your longest iron is no matter the brand is the sweetest feeling when perfectly struck I promise.
Ping G LS 9* Graphite Design AD-GP 7X D3 44 3/4
Srixon F65 13.5* Miyazaki 6X  D2 43
Srixon F45 16* Graphite Design AD-GP 7X D2 42
Srixon Z945 4-PW KBS TourS 120 D1
Cleveland 2.0 50,**54**,59* D3
Ping Zing TR 35" Lamkin Deep Etched Chord
Srixon Z Star.
Lamkin Wrap Tech Midsize

19

#20 morgan1819

morgan1819

    Official Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 227651
  • Joined: 02/08/2013
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:2.1
GolfWRX Likes : 336

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:48 AM

I was a registered iron flipper for a few years, until I got my 545/745 combo.  They put and end to that.  Top marks in all categories that matter.

Nothing has seriously challenged the irons mentioned above for the first spot in the rotation.  Back-ups get winter and mud play only.

This doesn't mean Srixon is the best for everyone, but they are darn good, and worth a demo for sure.

...


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 cz13X4

cz13X4

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,222 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79464
  • Joined: 04/07/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 1019

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:53 PM

View PostMJisGOAT, on 08 February 2017 - 05:51 AM, said:

View Postcz13X4, on 07 February 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

View Postflopshot99, on 15 January 2017 - 10:19 PM, said:

The majority of players who have Miura wedges rave about there feel. The cb 57s Miura were given rave raves on this forum. Pretty much agreed that the top 2 iron offerings are epon and miura.

It's all subjective. No right or wrong. I don't care for how Miuras feel either.

Yep, if you're not hitting the sweep spot on a Miura, then they feel like shat.

I don't care for how they feel hit in the middle or otherwise. I don't think they feel bad, it is just a feel that I prefer less than others.

21

#22 Tzoid

Tzoid

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5124
  • Joined: 08/14/2005
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:twallermizman
GolfWRX Likes : 155

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:05 AM

Feel is so subjective and most have a preference that relates to their own personal experience with a particular set of iron or manufacturer. I have been gaming
OnOff Kuro Irons for a few years that are forged by Endo of S20C and feel very soft . I recently grabbed a set of Srixon Z765 Irons that are also forged by Endo but use 1020 Carbon steel. The head design of each makes the "feel" vary so the jury for me is still out because the Srixon's don't get much play due to the OnOff's being that good and weather sucks in the North East.

  I was a Mizuno player for over 15 years and the OnOff's got them out of my bag but I will never sell my two sets of Tzoid Pro II's.   I also have owned Miura irons for a short period of time and will say that they are not soft but very dense and solid feeling. I had a set of CB-2007's built that I ended up selling to a friend that's a +2 golfer and he says they are the best performing irons he's ever played. The finish on the CB-2007 has held up extremely well and no visible bag chatter.

  Us club Ho's are so lucky to have all these choices :)
Texan raised in Maryland
ONOFF Kuro 4-PW Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120S
Ping G Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 60
Ping Anser 3 & 5 Wood  G25 Hybrid
Scratch 50, 54 & 58 degree wedges
Scotty Cameron & Crown 33" Newport 2

22

#23 3woodvt

3woodvt

    Zero days

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 365369
  • Joined: 03/06/2015
  • Location:Rocky Mount VA
  • Handicap:+0.5
GolfWRX Likes : 721

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:25 AM

View PostTzoid, on 10 February 2017 - 10:05 AM, said:

Feel is so subjective and most have a preference that relates to their own personal experience with a particular set of iron or manufacturer. I have been gaming
OnOff Kuro Irons for a few years that are forged by Endo of S20C and feel very soft . I recently grabbed a set of Srixon Z765 Irons that are also forged by Endo but use 1020 Carbon steel. The head design of each makes the "feel" vary so the jury for me is still out because the Srixon's don't get much play due to the OnOff's being that good and weather sucks in the North East.

  I was a Mizuno player for over 15 years and the OnOff's got them out of my bag but I will never sell my two sets of Tzoid Pro II's.   I also have owned Miura irons for a short period of time and will say that they are not soft but very dense and solid feeling. I had a set of CB-2007's built that I ended up selling to a friend that's a +2 golfer and he says they are the best performing irons he's ever played. The finish on the CB-2007 has held up extremely well and no visible bag chatter.

  Us club Ho's are so lucky to have all these choices :)
My TZoid ProII's are still in the basement.  I won quite a few tournaments with those babies.  Lost the 9 iron (or the kids did).
Ping G LS 9* Graphite Design AD-GP 7X D3 44 3/4
Srixon F65 13.5* Miyazaki 6X  D2 43
Srixon F45 16* Graphite Design AD-GP 7X D2 42
Srixon Z945 4-PW KBS TourS 120 D1
Cleveland 2.0 50,**54**,59* D3
Ping Zing TR 35" Lamkin Deep Etched Chord
Srixon Z Star.
Lamkin Wrap Tech Midsize

23

#24 Tzoid

Tzoid

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5124
  • Joined: 08/14/2005
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:twallermizman
GolfWRX Likes : 155

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:19 PM

View Post3woodvt, on 10 February 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

View PostTzoid, on 10 February 2017 - 10:05 AM, said:

Feel is so subjective and most have a preference that relates to their own personal experience with a particular set of iron or manufacturer. I have been gaming
OnOff Kuro Irons for a few years that are forged by Endo of S20C and feel very soft . I recently grabbed a set of Srixon Z765 Irons that are also forged by Endo but use 1020 Carbon steel. The head design of each makes the "feel" vary so the jury for me is still out because the Srixon's don't get much play due to the OnOff's being that good and weather sucks in the North East.

  I was a Mizuno player for over 15 years and the OnOff's got them out of my bag but I will never sell my two sets of Tzoid Pro II's.   I also have owned Miura irons for a short period of time and will say that they are not soft but very dense and solid feeling. I had a set of CB-2007's built that I ended up selling to a friend that's a +2 golfer and he says they are the best performing irons he's ever played. The finish on the CB-2007 has held up extremely well and no visible bag chatter.

  Us club Ho's are so lucky to have all these choices :)
My TZoid ProII's are still in the basement.  I won quite a few tournaments with those babies.  Lost the 9 iron (or the kids did).

I bought a set when they were 1st launched and had them re-shafted by Mizuno in Georgia .  I was contacted by someone at Mizuno asking if I would be interested in a set off the Tour Van that they acquired with a satin finish opposed to the standard chrome and I jumped at the opportunity especially at the ridiculous price ( sub 300 bucks from what I recall) anyway I played them for 5- 6 years and they aren't going anywhere.  I recently picked up another set off Craigslist for 80 bucks in very good condition, I won't play them but they are a good memory so I keep them for Nostalgic value.
Texan raised in Maryland
ONOFF Kuro 4-PW Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120S
Ping G Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 60
Ping Anser 3 & 5 Wood  G25 Hybrid
Scratch 50, 54 & 58 degree wedges
Scotty Cameron & Crown 33" Newport 2

24

#25 3woodvt

3woodvt

    Zero days

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 365369
  • Joined: 03/06/2015
  • Location:Rocky Mount VA
  • Handicap:+0.5
GolfWRX Likes : 721

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:20 PM

View PostTzoid, on 10 February 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

View Post3woodvt, on 10 February 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

View PostTzoid, on 10 February 2017 - 10:05 AM, said:

Feel is so subjective and most have a preference that relates to their own personal experience with a particular set of iron or manufacturer. I have been gaming
OnOff Kuro Irons for a few years that are forged by Endo of S20C and feel very soft . I recently grabbed a set of Srixon Z765 Irons that are also forged by Endo but use 1020 Carbon steel. The head design of each makes the "feel" vary so the jury for me is still out because the Srixon's don't get much play due to the OnOff's being that good and weather sucks in the North East.

  I was a Mizuno player for over 15 years and the OnOff's got them out of my bag but I will never sell my two sets of Tzoid Pro II's.   I also have owned Miura irons for a short period of time and will say that they are not soft but very dense and solid feeling. I had a set of CB-2007's built that I ended up selling to a friend that's a +2 golfer and he says they are the best performing irons he's ever played. The finish on the CB-2007 has held up extremely well and no visible bag chatter.

  Us club Ho's are so lucky to have all these choices :)
My TZoid ProII's are still in the basement.  I won quite a few tournaments with those babies.  Lost the 9 iron (or the kids did).

I bought a set when they were 1st launched and had them re-shafted by Mizuno in Georgia .  I was contacted by someone at Mizuno asking if I would be interested in a set off the Tour Van that they acquired with a satin finish opposed to the standard chrome and I jumped at the opportunity especially at the ridiculous price ( sub 300 bucks from what I recall) anyway I played them for 5- 6 years and they aren't going anywhere.  I recently picked up another set off Craigslist for 80 bucks in very good condition, I won't play them but they are a good memory so I keep them for Nostalgic value.
They were some good blades!

Ping G LS 9* Graphite Design AD-GP 7X D3 44 3/4
Srixon F65 13.5* Miyazaki 6X  D2 43
Srixon F45 16* Graphite Design AD-GP 7X D2 42
Srixon Z945 4-PW KBS TourS 120 D1
Cleveland 2.0 50,**54**,59* D3
Ping Zing TR 35" Lamkin Deep Etched Chord
Srixon Z Star.
Lamkin Wrap Tech Midsize

25

#26 Sir Hitalot

Sir Hitalot

    HitAlot

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 440758
  • Joined: 09/16/2016
  • Location:UK
GolfWRX Likes : 197

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:34 PM

View Posttincup_jeff, on 15 January 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

I'm currently gaming the Mizzy 900 JPX tours, and they are phenomenal....But I also want a set of 965's combo'd in 765 (4&5 iron).  Currently Saving up for a second set.  That way when my Gemini kicks in, in about a week I can switch back and forth...lol

Its just amazing that there are currently NO used sets on eBay (from private sellers) for sale...thats when you know people are keeping your product, and its good!

Much as i don't like to pee on your bonfire, there could be another reason. And it's quite a valid one......

No one sells them, because no one has them, to sell them.

Not enough supply, not enough marketing.

Shame.

Just give me a place to demo, big box store, i'd be there.

Never mind play them, i'd EAT them they look so good.
Err, signature....

26

#27 3woodvt

3woodvt

    Zero days

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 365369
  • Joined: 03/06/2015
  • Location:Rocky Mount VA
  • Handicap:+0.5
GolfWRX Likes : 721

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:31 PM

View PostSir Hitalot, on 10 February 2017 - 03:34 PM, said:

View Posttincup_jeff, on 15 January 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

I'm currently gaming the Mizzy 900 JPX tours, and they are phenomenal....But I also want a set of 965's combo'd in 765 (4&5 iron).  Currently Saving up for a second set.  That way when my Gemini kicks in, in about a week I can switch back and forth...lol

Its just amazing that there are currently NO used sets on eBay (from private sellers) for sale...thats when you know people are keeping your product, and its good!

Much as i don't like to pee on your bonfire, there could be another reason. And it's quite a valid one......

No one sells them, because no one has them, to sell them.

Not enough supply, not enough marketing.

Shame.

Just give me a place to demo, big box store, i'd be there.

Never mind play them, i'd EAT them they look so good.
I do agree with you.  They are very difficult to find to demo these wonderful clubs.  I saw on the Srixon careers website they were hiring 9 outside salesman to do a better job of getting the equipment more visible in the US market.  Wonderful clubs but I agree Srixon has done a woeful job at putting this in people's faces more.  I for one am so sick of seeing 5 Callaway and 4 TM versions of irons and Drivers in BB Stores.  I for one avoid TM and Callaway like the plague even though both make good product.
Ping G LS 9* Graphite Design AD-GP 7X D3 44 3/4
Srixon F65 13.5* Miyazaki 6X  D2 43
Srixon F45 16* Graphite Design AD-GP 7X D2 42
Srixon Z945 4-PW KBS TourS 120 D1
Cleveland 2.0 50,**54**,59* D3
Ping Zing TR 35" Lamkin Deep Etched Chord
Srixon Z Star.
Lamkin Wrap Tech Midsize

27

#28 Sir Hitalot

Sir Hitalot

    HitAlot

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 440758
  • Joined: 09/16/2016
  • Location:UK
GolfWRX Likes : 197

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:05 AM

View Post3woodvt, on 10 February 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

View PostSir Hitalot, on 10 February 2017 - 03:34 PM, said:

View Posttincup_jeff, on 15 January 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

I'm currently gaming the Mizzy 900 JPX tours, and they are phenomenal....But I also want a set of 965's combo'd in 765 (4&5 iron).  Currently Saving up for a second set.  That way when my Gemini kicks in, in about a week I can switch back and forth...lol

Its just amazing that there are currently NO used sets on eBay (from private sellers) for sale...thats when you know people are keeping your product, and its good!

Much as i don't like to pee on your bonfire, there could be another reason. And it's quite a valid one......

No one sells them, because no one has them, to sell them.

Not enough supply, not enough marketing.

Shame.

Just give me a place to demo, big box store, i'd be there.

Never mind play them, i'd EAT them they look so good.
I do agree with you.  They are very difficult to find to demo these wonderful clubs.  I saw on the Srixon careers website they were hiring 9 outside salesman to do a better job of getting the equipment more visible in the US market.  Wonderful clubs but I agree Srixon has done a woeful job at putting this in people's faces more.  I for one am so sick of seeing 5 Callaway and 4 TM versions of irons and Drivers in BB Stores.  I for one avoid TM and Callaway like the plague even though both make good product.

Just can't understand it.

I can almost imagine the directors at Srixon sitting round the table thinking up clever new ploys to sell the clubs......

"Guys, lets HIDE the clubs, so no one can see them. Jeez they look so pretty someone's bound to find em and when they do, OMG, they'll be a riot"

We have a similar situation in the UK with regard to golf balls.

No Volvik UK supplier. Gutted.

No Snell UK supplier.

Over the pond you guys get all sorts of funky colours. We get Yellow. And white.

Just put the things on a boat, get them in the stores and we will buy them. Simple.
Err, signature....

28

#29 3woodvt

3woodvt

    Zero days

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 365369
  • Joined: 03/06/2015
  • Location:Rocky Mount VA
  • Handicap:+0.5
GolfWRX Likes : 721

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:47 PM

Srixon's recent 6 pack Z and XV promotion is an outstanding marketing deal.  I've made a significant purchase and will be returning to this brand of ball after a 2 year absence.  Thank you Srixon for the opportunity to try out the 2017 ball at a great price point.  I'm back to playing the XV again.
Ping G LS 9* Graphite Design AD-GP 7X D3 44 3/4
Srixon F65 13.5* Miyazaki 6X  D2 43
Srixon F45 16* Graphite Design AD-GP 7X D2 42
Srixon Z945 4-PW KBS TourS 120 D1
Cleveland 2.0 50,**54**,59* D3
Ping Zing TR 35" Lamkin Deep Etched Chord
Srixon Z Star.
Lamkin Wrap Tech Midsize

29

#30 ssfranny

ssfranny

    Major Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77345
  • Joined: 03/13/2009
  • Location:Omaha,Ne
  • Ebay ID:sfranny
GolfWRX Likes : 296

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:18 AM

View PostSir Hitalot, on 10 February 2017 - 03:34 PM, said:

View Posttincup_jeff, on 15 January 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

I'm currently gaming the Mizzy 900 JPX tours, and they are phenomenal....But I also want a set of 965's combo'd in 765 (4&5 iron).  Currently Saving up for a second set.  That way when my Gemini kicks in, in about a week I can switch back and forth...lol

Its just amazing that there are currently NO used sets on eBay (from private sellers) for sale...thats when you know people are keeping your product, and its good!

Much as i don't like to pee on your bonfire, there could be another reason. And it's quite a valid one......

No one sells them, because no one has them, to sell them.

Not enough supply, not enough marketing.

Shame.

Just give me a place to demo, big box store, i'd be there.

Never mind play them, i'd EAT them they look so good.


I've seen multiple sets of lefty 765 recently on Lefty BST.  Don't know why other than us Lefties are OCD.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors