Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Fess up: Your worst golf shot ever.

289 replies to this topic

#241 fillwelix

fillwelix

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 249866
GolfWRX Likes : 654

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:32 PM

All right here we go. In high school I was never a great golfer, or even what you would call a "competent" golfer. Coach put me in the first group going out, in front of everyone, coaches, the good players, etc.. I hit a ball so high on the face crown and it goes straight up in the air, and falls on my freaking coach's shoulder.

WITB
Taylormade M2 2016 9.5*       Fuji Speeder Evolution IV 589 X
Taylormade M2 2016 3HL       PX HZRDUS Black 75g S
Taylormade M2 2017 3 h         MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 80g S
Taylormade P770 4i-5i             Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
Taylormade P730 6-PW           Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
Vokey SM6 50 57                     True Temper Dynamic Gold S200
Taylormade Hi-Toe 64               KBS Hi Rev Wedge
Byron Morgan DH89

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#242 cjblake09

cjblake09

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,302 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15860
GolfWRX Likes : 121

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:41 PM

Well my first round at Pebble Beach i thought i was hot sh!t 25 year old and decided to hit 3 iron off the 1st tee and shanked it into the hotel hallway down the right.  Heard to bouncing off the walls all the way down...  The starter could not hold a straight face and just turned around.  I ended up shooting 79 but man it was embarrassing.

#243 jpking17

jpking17

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 240887
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:27 PM

Played in a golf league with a buddy and his average drive off the 1st tee in two consecutive weeks was 6 inches.

#244 Lou04380

Lou04380

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 303993
  • Handicap:7.1
  • Ebay ID:Lou04380
GolfWRX Likes : 143

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:14 PM

There's so many to choose from but I'll go with the one that was the scariest.  This was when I was fairly new to the game, a friends wife worked at a resort where you had to stay to play at the time, so he had her set a tee time up for us for free through her boss.  I was the only one of us who had played golf more than 3 times I think, so the other two guys were really bad, but for some reason they thought I knew what I was doing.  We were on a shorter par 4, probably around 300, and they were egging me on to try and drive the green since I swung fairly hard.  I proceeded to swing out of my shoes and absolutely snap hook the ball through a few trees and into the fairway next to us and directly into an occupied cart about 80 yards from us.  I didn't even have a chance to yell fore, it happened so fast.  I of course hurried over to see the damage and apologize, and luckily I didn't hurt anyone.  The kicker of the story is, unbeknownst to me or my friends, the friends wife's boss was driving that cart!  So I nearly killed the guy who allowed us to play for free, I think he had some regrets after that incident.

#245 jamesg.nz

jamesg.nz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 491794
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:09 PM

Teeing off in front of a water hazard and hitting the ball straight in to the water.  This is the hole..

Posted Image

"If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball."

#246 596

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122006
GolfWRX Likes : 1448

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:38 PM

Honest.....this was not me.

Yesterday, the worst 5 shots I've ever seen from this guy.  He normally shoots high 70s, mid 80's.

Tee shot - 100% topped driver.  Ball went 30 feet straight up and forward about 10 yards
2nd shot - 3 wood - snake raper dead right about 50 yards into the trees
3rd shot - 3 wood - worm burner straight ahead about 100 yards  still in the trees
4th shot - 5 iron - sculled no more then 10 yards high and over the green 15 yards
5th shot - p wedge - sculled worm burner going about 200 mph ON the green, hits the stick dead solid, sounding like a bomb went off and dropped in for a bogey!

#247 Leo's Caddy

Leo's Caddy

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 492372
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:33 AM

played with my new girlfriend's dad for the first time. Short par 4 318 yards. I literally say "easiest hole on the course. driveable green" and proceed to top one about 30 yards. I haven't topped a driver in probably five years. Of course....no one ever believes that after you just did it.
Driver : Taylormade m2 9.5 w/ Kuro Kage TiNi 70x
Fairway: Titleist 915 f2 16.5 w/ Diamana blueboard 80x
Hybrid : Titleist 816 h2 21 w/ Diamana blueboard 90x
Irons : Titleist 718 TMB 3/4/5 and Titleist 718 CB 6-P
Wedges : Titleist sm6 50/54/58
Putter : Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m

#248 GolfChannel

GolfChannel

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25488
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:41 AM

Not my worst, but I was apart of my most memorable "worst shot".

The first time going out to golf with friends in high school (who weren't remotely golfers) one of my friends Brett didn't understand anything at all (such as when and when not to take shots and other basic rules of etiquette). So, we successfully managed 2 holes and thought we were good. We get to the third and he is measuring up his second shot. So he proceeds to hit his shot, nothing horrible for someone who has literally never golfed before it was a carpet burner down the left side of the fairway. So, all of us seemingly started driving our golf carts to the next shot assuming he was good, but Brett decided to drop another ball in frustration and have a go one more time. None of us in the other 2 cards knew he was doing this. The shot he took this time went directly through our golf cart between myself and my friend as we were facing each other talking.

That is also the closest I ever came to dying.
Driver: Who needs that kind of negativity in their life...
3 Wood: Callaway BB Alpha 816 w/Aldila Rogue 95MSI 70 Stiff
5 Wood: Callaway BB Alpha 816 w/Aldila Rogue 95MSI 70 Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Tech V4 22 Degrees
Irons: 716 AP2 Dynamic Gold AMT Tour S300
Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and 58
Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Bridgestone RXS

#249 mylo

mylo

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73135
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:12 PM

I've got 2.

My very first year of golf in 1997 when I was 19, I was a baseball player all my life had the baseball grip with a massive banana slice with the driver, the kind of slice that if you aim it 30 degrees left you might hit the fairway.
Playing a twilight round with a buddy at Lakeview in Mississauga, Ontario we come to 18, this is probably my 3-4th time playing. Its a long par 4 with the parking lot running down the left side of the fairway starting about 100 yards out. With my slice I aim just right of the parking lot as I'd never missed a drive left before. I hit the purest drive I'd ever hit, dead straight with a little draw right at the parking lot. I was a long hitter for a beginner due to baseball. I waited for what seemed like an eternity for the ball to some down hoping not to hear a bang, sure enough I do hear a bang but could not see what I hit as I had no idea where the ball ended up, lost it in the setting sun. I take a drop and finish up and head to the parking lot. Ended up hitting the passenger door of a New Mustang.
Second one was about 5-6 years ago, I was a 5 cap at that point. Was playing number 10 at Sheridan Park in Buffalo, a straight away 420yard par 4, parking lot runs down almost the entire right side but well out of play. I was playing well and wanted to take trouble out of play so I hit a 3 wood leaving myself about 180. Pulled a 5 iron and hit a 45 degree shank that rocketed into the parking lot, right over the roof of a car, bounced over another right into a large picnic area with tons of kids running around, the ball was still moving pretty well at this point. I literally froze praying I wasn't gonna hit a little kid in the head. Thankfully the ball went right through a volleyball game and passed all the kids and never hit anything.

#250 NPVWhiz

NPVWhiz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11443
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 338

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:14 PM

I recall it just like it was yesterday.  Back in the early 2000's at Publinx qualifying, first tee on a course I'd played many times.  I had never in my life been better prepared to be on the course in tournament form, more ready, more excited.  The first hole on that nine was not even that long from the tips.  I was well-warmed up from the range.  I was ready to get it done.  

I hit a slinging hook from nowhere that didn't end up out of play but put me in no shot territory.  Opening bogey, like so many other tourney rounds.  It wounded me deeply.  It was a shot that shouldn't have been within the realm at that stage and time, but there it appeared anyway.  It still bothers me today, but now at 51, I'm in the senior ranks, so I'll be looking for some redemption in the local tourney scene this year.  Just one ripped right down the pipe opening tee shot might salve that wound.

It wasn't Ian Baker-Finch bad...but it was bad enough.

Taylormade r11s 9 Penley Stealth 70x 44.5" D-3   ------> Taylormade 16 M1 8.5 GD AD TP6x 44.0" D3 PX Hzrdus Black 75 6.0 44.5" D-3
Nickent 3DX Pro 14 MRC Diamana WB 83s                
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 18 Grafalloy CNote ProtoX   
Mizuno MP62 DG x-100 Sensicore D-4 3-pw ---------> Ping i200 DG120 S3 D-3 +1/4" Red 4-U.  
Vokey  SM6 56-14/60-04M DG x-100 Sensicore 1xss D-5 ------------> Vokey SM6 56/10 60/4M DG 120 S300 35" D-5
Scotty Golo

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#251 Merkury10

Merkury10

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 492464
  • Ebay ID:Kccomet
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:25 PM

First tee banana slice straight into the parking lot one hop up and on to the driving range tees. Yes I went and got my ball.

#252 fsusp

fsusp

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95166
  • Ebay ID:fsusp
GolfWRX Likes : 133

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:59 PM

Iíve had many, I am sure.

But I just had one an hour ago.

Played poorly the last few days. So, I decided to go to the range this afternoon to work on some things. I had no intention of playing. Long story short, I play a quick 9 from the tips with some guys from the range.

1st hole is a 570 par 5. I go for it in two and knock it to 10 feet. I burn the edge for a tap in birdie. I essentially doubled my birdie output for the last two rounds. Again, I thought it was pretty lucky and just decide to goof around.

To shorten this, Iím still 1 under while standing on the 9th tee. One guy says, ďMan, you need to finish strong!Ē  So, I commence to cold top my drive and it rolls 20 feet. I ended up doubling the hole. Solid finish.
Cobra F8+ w/Rogue Silver extra stiff
Cobra F8+ w/Rouge Silver extra stiff
TM SLDR 5 wood Diamana 80 gram extra stiff.
Srixon U45 4 iron w/Rouge Silver 70 gram stiff.
Srxion 565 5-7 irons, 765 8-PW irons w/PX LZ 6.0
                           OR
United SSB1s. 4-PW. Shimada tour mid stiff.
Vega wedges, 50, 54.
Titleist Vokey 58/12 D grind.
Xenon Kutlass or SGC Norwood or Edel or Dave Curry Big Oak Havana

#253 golfduckyRT

golfduckyRT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 493224
  • Handicap:+3.7
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:18 AM

I’m a long hitter off the tee. And around the club I work at everybody know it and brings it up constantly. Last fall during our member-guest our golf staff was RAGING carts and bags for the members and guests after the practice round day while they were down on the first tee drinking and having the annual long drive contest.

The head pro, on the PA system calls me down to the tee to get me to launch a couple. “How’d y’all like to see some clubhead speed?” he says to everyone. He whispered to me that I had two chances. The longest drive of the competition to this point was probably 275. I made a couple of practice swings, everyone got quiet, and I proceed to DUCK HOOK the heck out of the ball. Snapped it like a twig. At least the HAMMERED drunk members and guests held their laughter back.

Teed up another, mortified and shaking, couldn’t get the ball to stay on the peg, but when I did- another violent snaphook. I was so embarrassed. I wasn’t leaving the tee like that though. As I teed up the third of my two allotted tee balls the pro heckled me but I hardly heard it, I was gonna rip one. Even if it took the whole bucket. I took the most outside to inside slice swing I could in the moment and pounded a little draw(I was that out of sync, I couldn’t not draw it) right down the middle. Measured out at 342. I put my head down and got back to the bagroom and didn’t speak another word for the rest of the day. Thanks to the alcohol in their systems, I never did hear about it again though.

TLDR- I snap hooked two balls in front of 70+ blackout drunk members and guests after the head pro talked me up like I was a Dustin Johnson even though I was cleaning carts like 45 seconds before I did it. Completely mortified.

#254 DON SVO

DON SVO

Hacker in progress...

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99396
GolfWRX Likes : 650

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:09 AM

View PostgolfduckyRT, on 12 February 2018 - 12:18 AM, said:

I’m a long hitter off the tee. And around the club I work at everybody know it and brings it up constantly. Last fall during our member-guest our golf staff was RAGING carts and bags for the members and guests after the practice round day while they were down on the first tee drinking and having the annual long drive contest.

The head pro, on the PA system calls me down to the tee to get me to launch a couple. “How’d y’all like to see some clubhead speed?” he says to everyone. He whispered to me that I had two chances. The longest drive of the competition to this point was probably 275. I made a couple of practice swings, everyone got quiet, and I proceed to DUCK HOOK the heck out of the ball. Snapped it like a twig. At least the HAMMERED drunk members and guests held their laughter back.

Teed up another, mortified and shaking, couldn’t get the ball to stay on the peg, but when I did- another violent snaphook. I was so embarrassed. I wasn’t leaving the tee like that though. As I teed up the third of my two allotted tee balls the pro heckled me but I hardly heard it, I was gonna rip one. Even if it took the whole bucket. I took the most outside to inside slice swing I could in the moment and pounded a little draw(I was that out of sync, I couldn’t not draw it) right down the middle. Measured out at 342. I put my head down and got back to the bagroom and didn’t speak another word for the rest of the day. Thanks to the alcohol in their systems, I never did hear about it again though.

TLDR- I snap hooked two balls in front of 70+ blackout drunk members and guests after the head pro talked me up like I was a Dustin Johnson even though I was cleaning carts like 45 seconds before I did it. Completely mortified.

Welcome to GolfWRX. You're gonna fit right in.
A bag of left-handed junk.

Driver: 2016 Taylormade M2, Kai'li 70x
3W: Callaway 3deep, PX blue 6.5
3H: Adams Super XTD, Aldila Proto 95x
4-PW: Mizuno MP-32, satin PX 6.5
59, 56, 53: Callaway Mack Daddy, PX 6.0

#255 kmay__

kmay__

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 493118
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:37 AM

Tough to narrow it down lol, had one near the end of this season, I was about 20 yards from the hole, just right in some mild rough. Took out my 60 which I have a decent feel for, and gave a good half swing to pop up a nice floater. Thinned it, went over the green about 10 feet off the deck at mach speed, across the road which was behind the green, and into the trees still 10 feet up going ballistic speeds. We laughed our heads off. Wrote an 8 on the card and proceeded to the next tee box.

Wilson Staff Triton
Cobra Baffler 3W
Cobra Baffler 3H / TaylorMade RAC LT 3 Iron
Cobra S3 5-SW
MD3 PM Grind 60 (the greasy Phil)
Odyssey Works Versa #7 / Never Compromise GM2 exchange / Acushnet Bullseye standard

#256 TigerWoodsIV

TigerWoodsIV

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8669
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:28 PM

I don't count warming up on the range, because the first shot or 2 can always be ridiculous on a cold morning.

I have a habit of duck hooking my first shot without warming up on the first tee every time.  But the worst shot was probably just a dead shank.

The worst shot I've ever seen was someone hit a ball in some way I still don't understand off a tee with a driver, that went just forward but then spun back to about 3 yards behind where he was.  I don't even know how it's physically possible.  He followed it up by topping a hybrid to where he teed off from.  Lying 2 on the tee without hitting it OB is pretty impressive lol.

#257 ago33

ago33

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117034
  • Ebay ID:svenanole
GolfWRX Likes : 732

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:11 PM

Worst shot Iíve ever hit was on thunder hawk in Chicago hole 18, par 5 during a company outing. I was even par in the front green side bunker in 2. Standard bunker shot, should be easy to get close and shoot under and I blade it 50 yards over the green into the woods. Make a bogey on the hole. Still upset about it.
-----Current Gamers-----

Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9............................PX HZRDUS T1100 65 6.5
Tour Edge CBX 15........................................PX HZRDUS T1100 85 6.5
Taylormade UDI 2.........................................KBS Tour V 125
Mizuno MP-25 4-9........................................KBS Tour V 125
Vokey SM4 46, 52, 56..................................KBS 610 120
Vokey WedgeWorks 60V..............................KBS 610 120
Bettinardi BB1..............................................Grip Master Perf

#258 gdb99

gdb99

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12032
  • Handicap:3.3
  • Ebay ID:burrdie99
GolfWRX Likes : 202

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:07 PM

I hit a 5 wood off a tee one time, hit the inside of the hosel. Ball hit my ankle, and went backwards. 👍🏼
Cobra King LTD, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 stiff
Titleist 917F 16.5, Aldila Rogue Black 70 stiff
Cleveland DST 3 hybrid, Diamana Redboard regular
Titleist 712 AP1ís
Vokey SM7 56M
Vokey SM7 60D
Odyssey #2

#259 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

Legend

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 22,764 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
GolfWRX Likes : 23568

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:10 PM

View Posthobbes928, on 09 January 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

I remember seeing this on reddit.

https://i.imgur.com/uLGg1Zr.gifv

Why does that ball look like it changes color???

#260 vaca22

vaca22

Commander In Beef

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46965
GolfWRX Likes : 156

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:18 PM

View Postjamesg.nz, on 07 February 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

Teeing off in front of a water hazard and hitting the ball straight in to the water.  This is the hole..

Posted Image

This is exactly me.  I was #5 man as a freshman during a high school match against 3 other teams.  There was a wait on the 9th tee.  When I saw that the group behind us was a 5-person group of all the coaches and an assistant, I lost it.

Topped 3 straight into the little pond in front, just like that picture, before taking out an 8 iron.  All in front of the coaches and other players.  What a jacka$$.

I've seen friends miss 6" putts.

Worst shot I have ever seen - my friend had this Wilson Killer Whale driver that his father bought him because he loved John Daly.   The kid somehow must have come so crazy over the top with it that the hosel end of the driver just knicked the farthest edge of the ball - it went straight between his legs and tagged the side of a car in the parking lot.

It was unreal.

Edited by vaca22, 28 February 2018 - 04:24 PM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#261 zmrobertson

zmrobertson

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 253292
GolfWRX Likes : 169

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:26 AM

Idk, probly one of the many skulled wedges from inside 100.  Maybe a chunked putt.  

Worst series of shots.  Hit 6 balls in a row into the water on a peninsula par 3.  It was only 115 yards to the pin and green is not too small.  I decided after the 3rd ball that I was going to run out of balls or hit dry land (f the green at that point).
Ping G25 9*
Ping G25 4w
TM R9 TP 3-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52*
Cleveland CG12 56*, 60*
SC GoLo 5

#262 cvhookem63

cvhookem63

HOOK 'EM

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 307989
GolfWRX Likes : 4359

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:31 AM

In my early playing days I was on the tee hitting driver with another hole running parallel to us. Their tee box was a little ahead of ours to the right. I hit a massive snap-slice that headed straight towards them with some serious speed behind it. Our whole group yelled FORE and they all jumped out of the way. I don't remember anything from the rest of the round.
WITB Link
TaylorMade Tour Issue M1 440 8.5* Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 8X
NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
NIKE Satin VR Pro 5-9 TI S400
NIKE OVEN Engage 46* or VR Pro PW | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
NIKE Custom Copper Insert B2-05 | SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback or Pro Platinum Mid Sur 35"/375g

#263 fillwelix

fillwelix

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 249866
GolfWRX Likes : 654

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:07 PM

Got an opportunity to play a very nice, prestigious club, and on the first tee I duck hooked one so bad it hit the range hut (probably 50 yards ahead and 20 yards left) with a loud bang, everyone in the vicinity immediately turned and looked at me and I wanted to crawl in a hole and just give up then and there
WITB
Taylormade M2 2016 9.5*       Fuji Speeder Evolution IV 589 X
Taylormade M2 2016 3HL       PX HZRDUS Black 75g S
Taylormade M2 2017 3 h         MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 80g S
Taylormade P770 4i-5i             Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
Taylormade P730 6-PW           Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
Vokey SM6 50 57                     True Temper Dynamic Gold S200
Taylormade Hi-Toe 64               KBS Hi Rev Wedge
Byron Morgan DH89

#264 Jskiser

Jskiser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 472678
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:31 PM

Not mine but the worst I have personally witnessed. My close friend, dad, and another we’re on 9 at our country club. I pull up to my good friends ball with the cart about 5 feet away from it. He dead shanks the ball into the hub can knocking it off. My dad calls him “Hub” to this day lol. Had me in tears.

#265 ceejay81

ceejay81

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 492284
GolfWRX Likes : 1306

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:45 PM

Once, I barely hit the top of the ball and it popped straight up and went behind me.  Pretty proud of that moment.

Hive Tour Titles: 1

#266 WinKiePie

WinKiePie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 473688
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:17 PM

Played in Bangkok, Thailand. Dressed up head to toe in Ricky Fowler's style Puma's. I was looking sharp(or like a d*ck lol). All eyes were on me at the first tee. Hit the ugliest worm killer in my life. Needless to say i spent all my money on beer that faithful day :fie:

Edited by WinKiePie, 01 March 2018 - 09:18 PM.

#267 mbs_59

mbs_59

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 429122
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:09 PM

Last spring, playing a college tournament and I'm several under par through 13 holes on a somewhat difficult course.  The first day got rained out and this is now the only round counting.  I'm playing as an individual because I hadn't sniffed par that semester.  My coach catches word and pulls up as I'm about to hit a wedge in from the middle of the fairway on 14.  COLD SHANK from the middle of the fairway.  Certainly have hit shots I might consider worse but not many more demoralizing than that.

#268 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

Serial Shanker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 2429

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:12 PM

Shanked on that went through the golf cart that my buddies were sitting in.  Like the ball flew under the roof but inside the windshield.  Could have really hurt someone.
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
23* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
5-PW Yururi Flat Back Raw (Black) - DGTI X100s
GW, SW Royal Collect Dual Bite - DGTI S400s
Lob Wedge - SM6 MGrind - DGTI S400
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

#269 Pulledabill

Pulledabill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 478786
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:04 PM

New Years day at least 20 years ago with a slight hangover or maybe still drunk on about 2 hours sleep...5th hole I totally toed one at about a 80 degree angle and hit a huge dining room window. Whiie it only took a second ti get there, it seemed like an eternity in slow motion waiting to see the damage. Had visions of meeting the homeowner but nobody seemed to be home and no damage waa done. I was surprised the windiw seemed to shake for 30 seconds after the strike.

#270 Ryan3773

Ryan3773

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 494220
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:21 AM

1 over through nine, which is a huge deal for me. Got to ten and blocked a drive 30 yards wayyyyy right into a tree, bounced OB. Took a 7. Wouldíve been my first and only round under par without it

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors