Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

How do you usually travel on the golf course?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Modes of travel (21 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you travel by?

1. Cart (3 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. Pull buggy (5 votes [23.81%])

Percentage of vote: 23.81%

3. Carry (12 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

4. Other (1 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 tanj

tanj

Tour Winner

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1397
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 29 December 2005 - 01:01 AM

With Dan (Goose) asking me whether I have a carry bag other than just my staff bag, I began to wonder that maybe things are different over in the states. I usually use my staff bag with a pull buggy when I play in a competition whether it is just a club competition or a big event. When I'm practicing or it's raining or if there is not enough space in the car, I'll use the carry bag but still on a pull buggy. I hardly ever carry my bag unless I'm on the range, at the practice green, at the short-game area or just feel like saving the money from the pull buggy. I look forward to your replies.

Josh

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 simmoboy

simmoboy

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 29 December 2005 - 03:47 AM

I know what its like in Australia with very few people carrying there bag. Most of the clubs comps i play in I will carry my bag unless its really hot and i want to carry heaps of water. Im usually the only player there with the bag on my back.

When i go away to play in a big event there is usually more carry bags but most of them will still be on a pull buggy.

I think most juniors these days like the carry bag because its easy to put in the car because you dont need to worry about a buggy and its also alot easier to take down the practice fairway and for the quick 9 holes.

#3 handz98

handz98

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5911
  • Ebay ID:handz98
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:47 AM

I always walk if I can.  I started using the Sun Mountain Speed Cart this year and couldn't be happier with it.  All of the advantages of walking and I don't get near as tired especially on hot days in the summer.

#4 SCameron009

SCameron009

~WRX~!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6118
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 29 December 2005 - 10:26 AM

I always use a stand/carry bag. I have a Cleveland Staff Bag that I just throw my clubs in during the winter, but it will never see a course. I enjoy walking, so I do it. Sure if I am going to go squeeze in a quick nine holes right before it gets dark, I will just throw my carry bag on the back of a cart and whip around.

Cheers, Bryan

#5 sync71

sync71

Major Winner

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7769
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 29 December 2005 - 11:29 AM

Since my club won't let juniors rent or drive carts. I always walk and carry my bag unless it's very hot. I do have 2 cheap pull carts but I just don't like using them for some reason.

#6 animalistic

animalistic

7th Hole Ballybunion !!

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9000
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 29 December 2005 - 01:34 PM

always use electric trolley cos back problems and its kinda like havin a caddy[a bad one!}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors