Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Conex FAZ-FIT

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 BigLeftyinAZ

BigLeftyinAZ

Major Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8850
  • Ebay ID:clnconcpts
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 15 February 2008 - 01:51 PM

Club Conex FAZ-FIT Hosel/Shaft Connectors

Attached Images

• ma0201b.jpg

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 thewitt

thewitt

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7126
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:00 PM

They have not shipped yet - so no one has used them...

Middle of next month.

-t

#3 muniman1

muniman1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48987
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 15 February 2008 - 07:16 PM

Here are some pics for more info go to www.clubconex.com

Attached Images

• All__3__pcs_335_Vertical.JPG
  • Cool_Cover_Shot.jpg

#4 clubshack

clubshack

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48636

Posted 15 February 2008 - 07:47 PM

Tim

How is the natural flex of the shaft affected by these devices. An additional 1.25" is quite a lot of 'tipping'. In other forums, you comment that the shaft flex is a relation to the distance from the insertion depth to the floor. I guess one could make up the additional 2 swing weight points the device will add, but won't the playing characteristics of the club be altered. A device like this sure will complicate a clubmakers ability to make the 'right' set and give a distorted view of the nature of a clubs performance when auditioned by a client.
I use the older Club Conex and they are quite a lot of work to get near right. Irons have different hosel lengths and they end up with different shaft lengths and weights. I have figured out how to counterbalance my demos but the overall weight goes up.
It almost seems cheaper and better, certainly more accurate to build the demo club for the customer than to use the new devices.
As always, I look forward to your reply. Thanks for  the CS Jr. Got it today.

#5 muniman1

muniman1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48987

Posted 15 February 2008 - 07:54 PM

Even though you have to tip an additional 1.25" it should not affect playability unless you are using shafts that have a parallel tip section of 2.5" of under. As far as the hosel lengh varying it can be fixed by grinding all your hosels to the same length.

#6 thewitt

thewitt

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2008 - 08:22 PM

If you use the connectors as a fitting system with the intent of replacing the connector with a shaft that you epoxy into the head, you will have to match the playing characteristics of the fully inserted shaft with the shaft trimmed for the connector.

This will be different on a shaft by shaft basis.  For shafts with very stiff butt sections, or very active tip sections, some experimenting will be needed.  For shafts with stiff tips or very soft butt sections, the differences will be minimal if you tip to what would be the insertion depth of the shaft.

For some shaft and head combinations, this simply will not be a practical solution (deep bore, long hosel and limited PTS).

If you are going to go with the connectors as a way to play multiple shafts on the same clubhead - or use multiple clubheads with the same shaft - then this is not really interesting.

The "fitted" shaft and clubhead are simply tightened down and you play the club with the connector installed.

There will be a swingweight increase - 8g for the connector minus the amount of shaft tip that would have normally been inserted, so 4-6g typical for a 2-3 sw point increase - but the playing characteristics of the shaft attached to the head at the top of the hosel will be what you "fit" for - tipped or not per your own requirements.

Either way I think this is going to be very interesting this year.

-t

#7 clubshack

clubshack

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48636

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:11 PM

Thank you Tim

I believe we're in for an interesting set of challenges, trying to create an accurate representation of a shaft/head combination's properties. The most difficult thing to 'build' for a customer is a feel. I want my finished clubs to feel like my demo clubs.

I do like the connectors so that a client can audition different heads in the same shaft. That helps them get into the right head for them. Then I'll build a demo for them to test, then tweak it when they come back.

I know I will get golfers that want to play 2 shafts in one head. That seems pretty straight forward. 2 heads, one shaft? We'll see.

Edited by clubshack, 15 February 2008 - 09:12 PM.

#8 thewitt

thewitt

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:47 PM

I'm a two head - three shaft guy myself...

I'll be building my own three club combination with the FAZ-FIT connectors as soon as they are shipping so I can get a feel for how this works with the combinations of heads and shafts that are my "gamers" now.

-t

#9 titleistnutter

titleistnutter

Tour Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34487
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 16 February 2008 - 01:17 PM

finally! why has it taken so long?!

#10 jacksonlui

jacksonlui

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9823

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:47 PM

any updates or reviews for the 4-play system?
it's really unfortunate they don't make a lighter adapter (<5g) and also allows a deeper insertion, similar to the R9 that's out.
I would be  interested in using several shafts and several heads with the same bbgm/hosel length.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 thewitt

thewitt

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:23 PM

The 4-Play system is virtually identical to the FAZ-FIT system, it's simply USGA legal because you cannot hand tighten the connector and play the club.

-t

#12 daMANiack

daMANiack

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39438
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:47 AM

View Postthewitt, on Mar 23 2009, 06:53 AM, said:

The 4-Play system is virtually identical to the FAZ-FIT system, it's simply USGA legal because you cannot hand tighten the connector and play the club.

-t

Hi,

Yep, the 4-Play system connector has some loctite smeared on the thread during manufacture so that when it's installed, it stays put unless you use heat and spanner to remove.

4_play.jpg

Cheerz :) :D ;)

#13 barkleybuff

barkleybuff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44491

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:43 PM

Any word on how durable the "4 Play" components are?  I am just worried it will come unscrewed and they advise you not to over tighten.  Anyone ran into trouble?

#14 thewitt

thewitt

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:34 AM

They will not come unscrewed during play.  No worries.

-t

#15 jhigdon

jhigdon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5229
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:11 AM

View Postthewitt, on Mar 22 2009, 03:23 PM, said:

-t

Ignoring for a second whether or not it will be conforming, can you use a 4-Play shaft adapter in an Faz-Fit head?  The shaft adapters look almost identical on the website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors