Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 4 votes

SuperSpeed Golf training system


455 replies to this topic

#61 Wesquire

Wesquire

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431610
  • Joined: 07/05/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:46 AM

I was only interested in one ~10% less weight than my driver. Ended up just buying a used Cleveland XL270 w/ a 65g shaft for $35, which puts it at 295g total weight. I can adjust from there. Anyone know the total weight of a Ping G driver with a 75g shaft and tour velvet grip? I'm guessing around 335.

Edited by Wesquire, 31 January 2017 - 11:02 AM.

Driver - Ping G 9° (PX HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5 Tipped 1")
3 Wood - Ping G30 14.5° (PX HZRDUS Black 75g 6.5 Tipped 1.5")
3 Crossover - Ping G 18° (PX HZRDUS Black 85g 6.5 Tipped 0.5")
4-W - Ping i200 (PX 6.5)
Wedges - Cleveland RTX 2.0 52° (PX 6.5), 56° (PX 6.5), and 60° (PX 6.0)
Putter - Odyssey Works Versa #7 SuperStroke
Ball - Snell MTB

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 The Chicken Connoisseur

The Chicken Connoisseur

    The Pengest Munch

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,436 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39894
  • Joined: 09/25/2007
  • Location:Chicken Shops
GolfWRX Likes : 755

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:03 PM

I have a question for anyone who actually owns the real thing:

If you put the sticks down so that the are grips lined up straight, do the heads look like this?

Posted Image

Basically, I am making a DIY set, and I want to know whether these should be make to the same TOTAL length, or rather if they should be made so that the CENTER OF MASS of each weight should be at the same length. So the lightest weight would be a slightly shorter club

Edited by Kabir, 31 January 2017 - 02:04 PM.


2

#63 Pomps

Pomps

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 358777
  • Joined: 01/20/2015
  • Location:Boston
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 125

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:53 PM

I have a very make-shift version but it seems like the weights are close to where they should be. My gamer M2 weighs 332 grams. Because I'm such a tinkerer, I have a ton of Titleist, scotty cameron, M1 and other weights sitting around. I took an old R11 Fujikura Motore shaft, put enough weights in a baggy and tightly duct taped it to the end. It weighs 282 grams, about 15% less than the gamer. I also have an old hogan persimmon speed slot driver with an apex 4 steel shaft. In its natural form, it conveniently weighs 376 grams, so 13% more than my gamer. Both close enough. I should be more consistent with the speed drills and should follow a routine, but I usually just take about 8-10 swings with the light, then the gamer, then the heavy, then repeat. I may do a few extra sets with the light to put an emphasis on speed.

I have been doing a lot of golf focused gym work for legs, core, flexibility as well as power moves like ball slams. My gamer is 44.5" and comes in at D3. My avg ss with this has typically been 108-110 measure on a GC2 HMT. It used to be a touch higher but I was also playing my driver at 45". My ss last session average about 111. It's a positive sign given that the speed avg is up by about 2 mph. I should also point out, I not been trying to swing any harder but actually smoother and more in balanced which cal also have a positive effect.  It's hard to tell whether it's from the leg/core strength training, flexibility, or speed drills, but something is having a positive impact. Going to stay with it, hopefully get more consistent with it as well and see what other gains can be made.

At this point, I just turned 38, so maintaining speed is the real goal going forward but if gains can be made, even better!

Edited by Pomps, 31 January 2017 - 02:54 PM.

Titleist 917 D3 9.5 - Project X Hzrdus Black 62g 6.5
Titleist 915f 15* - Project X Hzrdus Black 85g 6.5
Titleist 915hd 20.5* - Kuro Kage 100x Prototype
Titleist 712U 18* - Project X Hzrdus Black 105g 6.5; 2* flat
Titleist 716CB 3-p - DG Tour Issue x100, 2* flat  (D4)
Vokey SM6 51* (D4); Vokey TVD V-Grind 55* (D5) & Vokey TVD M-Grind 59*  (D5) - DG Tour Issue s400; 51* 2* flat, 55* 1.5* flat; 59* is 1* flat
Scotty Cameron Select Squareback 34"
WITB Link

3

#64 augustgolf

augustgolf

    Golf with dignity

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438244
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
  • Location:Coastal NC
  • Handicap:0
  • Ebay ID:augustgolf
GolfWRX Likes : 2193

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:00 PM

View Postnikegal, on 31 January 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

HaHa, Richard just won a set of these  in a cancer charity drawing, lol. He can't even swing so I think that I'm going to try them out. Apparently they have a choice between "Mens" and "Seniors" systems and Richard got all offended when the guy asked him if he emotes the senior's set, lolol. In his mind he's still 36yo, haha. That's a good thing I guess :) Madison

Hope ya"ll are doing well. Saw Richard's new avatar. He looks like a pirate! (Meant that as a compliment)

Be good ya'll
Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
or is it 1514...
I don't remember exactly

4

#65 nikegal

nikegal

    Golf...A Club, A Ball, A Divot, Ball Flight & A Target.....

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 414844
  • Joined: 03/08/2016
  • Location:I'm a Yunzer
  • Handicap::-)
GolfWRX Likes : 2610

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:32 PM

View Postaugustgolf, on 31 January 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

View Postnikegal, on 31 January 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

HaHa, Richard just won a set of these  in a cancer charity drawing, lol. He can't even swing so I think that I'm going to try them out. Apparently they have a choice between "Mens" and "Seniors" systems and Richard got all offended when the guy asked him if he emotes the senior's set, lolol. In his mind he's still 36yo, haha. That's a good thing I guess :) Madison

Hope ya"ll are doing well. Saw Richard's new avatar. He looks like a pirate! (Meant that as a compliment)

Be good ya'll
That Priest in his avatar and Richard grew very close over the last three years as he was a patient of Richard's father and he just passed Sunday morning. His name is Father Carlos and he sat with me when they gave Richard Last Rites and Richard's father asked Father Carlos to perform the Last Rites due to their relationship but he declined because he said "God has plans for Richard here on earth." It was incredible and I was a mess and don't really remember much except Richard lashing out with his arm and knocking the cross out of the Priest's hand and Father Carlos kept saying, "I told you, I told you....". Richard is crushed and I was going to do a little story in Richard's cancer thread. Thanks so much for your kind thoughts :) Fondly, Madison

Edited by nikegal, 31 January 2017 - 09:41 PM.


5

#66 Cwing

Cwing

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,937 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37012
  • Joined: 08/10/2007
  • Location:Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals,
  • Handicap:12.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1123

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:51 PM

View PostAlbatross85, on 29 January 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

For anyone wondering more info on the build. I bought 3 calibration weights 150,200,300.

After drilling them 1.25" with a 9.1mm bit (Amazon) they each lost exactly 15grams of weight. So I ended up with 135/185/285 weights.

I ordered 3 graffaloy pro blue 75 gram .350 shafts off RBG for $12 a piece after coupons. I tipped them each 1.5" to help keep them stiff. They have 4" of parallel tip in case anyone is wondering.

I shafted them with Brampton 20/20 Epoxy (strongest stuff on earth) and Brampton shafting beads. I left some extra epoxy coming out of top where it meets the ferrule in an attempt to make sure the shaft was protected and wouldn't snap against the steel. I'd recommend using collared ferrules if you have them but I just went with what I had on hand.

My normal driver is 347 grams total weight.

My speed sticks came out at

266  77%
316   91%
408   117%

My heavy one I used a grip that was 10grams lighter than the others but it still came out a little heavy. I may have to drill out some weight in the future.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Anything you would do differently?
Callaway Fusion 10.5* w/44.5" Recoil 450ES
Callaway XR 4 wood
Callaway Big Bertha 19* hybrid
PING k15 23* 4 hybrid
PING G25 5-U w/DG XP s300
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
PING Ketsch
Garmin g6/Caddytek V2
http://www.golfwrx.c...ings-witb-2013/

6

#67 Forged4ever

Forged4ever

    Putting is 98%+ Mental...Numbers & Mechanics? Yea Right€

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 13,650 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183106
  • Joined: 05/26/2012
  • Location:The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene pool
GolfWRX Likes : 23105

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:11 PM

View Postago33, on 07 January 2017 - 01:33 AM, said:

Posted Image

So once cylinder of washers and then add washers. Epoxy them onto the shaft and then add additional washers to get it to the right weight.

180-200-220

10% lighter, even weight, 10% heavier

The -10 will be quicker than gamer speed, even weight will be slightly faster and the +10 will be slightly slower

The 136 is an attempt at a passive brag with the lightest one
Ain't no braggin Bro, ya did it, just fact :)

Thanks for taking the time to explain and posting  the pics👍

As Maddie said, I just won a set though it may be a while before I can swing em

The very best to all of you!!

Fairways Greens & Pins 4ever⛳️
RP

Edited by Forged4ever, 31 January 2017 - 09:24 PM.

I Love Her Not For The Way That She Dances With My Angels~

But For The Way That The Sound Of Her Voice Can Silence My Demons....



GHIN: Beefeater 24

7

#68 Forged4ever

Forged4ever

    Putting is 98%+ Mental...Numbers & Mechanics? Yea Right€

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 13,650 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183106
  • Joined: 05/26/2012
  • Location:The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene pool
GolfWRX Likes : 23105

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:35 PM

View PostWardonation, on 29 January 2017 - 08:09 PM, said:

Why did this topic go off on making these at home to save $90? THe set is only $200.. SS up 4mph after 3 weeks...
Like a lot of topics, if it stayed true to the subject or question asked, it would be half of a page and 9-12 posts/responses, if that.

I think it's pretty cool for guys to share their DIY projects and their experiences, like Albatross, Ago and Kabir.

$90 is a lot to some guys-

That's 2-3 rounds of golf

"Only" $200???

That's a driver for some guys and for others a putter and even a set of used irons....

Congratz on a the 4mph pick-up!!

Nicely Played👍

All the Best,
RP

Edited by Forged4ever, 01 February 2017 - 09:37 AM.

I Love Her Not For The Way That She Dances With My Angels~

But For The Way That The Sound Of Her Voice Can Silence My Demons....



GHIN: Beefeater 24

8

#69 The Chicken Connoisseur

The Chicken Connoisseur

    The Pengest Munch

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,436 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39894
  • Joined: 09/25/2007
  • Location:Chicken Shops
GolfWRX Likes : 755

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:15 PM

View PostForged4ever, on 31 January 2017 - 09:35 PM, said:

View PostWardonation, on 29 January 2017 - 08:09 PM, said:

Why did this topic go off on making these at home to save $90? THe set is only $200.. SS up 4mph after 3 weeks...
Like a lot of topics, if it stayed true to the subject or question asked, it would be half of a page and 9-12 answers, if that.

I think it's pretty cool for guys to share their DIY projects and their experiences, like Albatross, Ago and Kabir.

$90 is a lot to some guys-

That's 2-3 rounds of golf

Congratz on a the 4mph pick-up!!

Nicely Played��

All the Best,
RP

My total spend is gonna be around $75. Would be even cheaper if I used washers. I've probably spent $500 on all of my clubs together, so that is significant!

Edited by Kabir, 31 January 2017 - 10:35 PM.


9

#70 swhogan35

swhogan35

    Teaching Professional

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 331989
  • Joined: 08/06/2014
  • Location:Chicago, IL
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:22 PM

View PostCenCalGolfer, on 04 January 2017 - 12:36 AM, said:

I've been seeing a lot of Instagram posts of this training system. Thoughts? What's the difference between this and an Orange Whip or a SKLZ Gold Flex  besides the 3 different weighted clubs?!

Visited the guys at Superspeed a couple of weeks ago, their base is down the street from me, and they explained to me some of why the system works.  I thought it was great because I did get more speed, I got up to about 113MPH (not bad for an old man).  But the key is the weighting of the system for the brain to pick up and understand the ability to go faster.  A couple of things, is you need to be healthy to do it.  Any injuries and it's not a good idea.  Also it requires a lot of other really good mechanics (use of the ground, etc...) to make it happen, or I could see it being detrimental.  The number one things that worries me with any speed training is the body accepts forces and torques in certain ways, and while trying to go crazy fast, people will lose these correct motions and end up getting hurt.  But definitely worked for me on that day, although I will also say it didn't translate to yards, because i lost control of the club.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 t-bone

t-bone

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9141
  • Joined: 12/29/2005
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:03 AM

Curious if anyone used solid round bar stainless to make tips rather than calibration weights? Can't find 150gram calibration weights for a half reasonable price in U.K. There's a custom fitter/clubfitter here in Ireland that makes and sells his own for a very reasonable price, it's more that I would just like to make them myself as I've no problem with the shafts and clubmaking side of it.. I was thinking of a frequency tip weight but they're expensive and my suppliers start at 205g so need something lighter..

Edited by t-bone, 01 February 2017 - 05:07 AM.


11

#72 The Chicken Connoisseur

The Chicken Connoisseur

    The Pengest Munch

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,436 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39894
  • Joined: 09/25/2007
  • Location:Chicken Shops
GolfWRX Likes : 755

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:59 AM

View Postt-bone, on 01 February 2017 - 05:03 AM, said:

Curious if anyone used solid round bar stainless to make tips rather than calibration weights? Can't find 150gram calibration weights for a half reasonable price in U.K. There's a custom fitter/clubfitter here in Ireland that makes and sells his own for a very reasonable price, it's more that I would just like to make them myself as I've no problem with the shafts and clubmaking side of it.. I was thinking of a frequency tip weight but they're expensive and my suppliers start at 205g so need something lighter..

Could always use washers. It's actually the easiest way. I think I'm gonna do the calibration weight just so the final product looks cooler. But then again, they are going to end up needing grinding and maybe even lead tape, so may not look so cool after all that

12

#73 t-bone

t-bone

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9141
  • Joined: 12/29/2005
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:02 AM

View PostKabir, on 01 February 2017 - 05:59 AM, said:

View Postt-bone, on 01 February 2017 - 05:03 AM, said:

Curious if anyone used solid round bar stainless to make tips rather than calibration weights? Can't find 150gram calibration weights for a half reasonable price in U.K. There's a custom fitter/clubfitter here in Ireland that makes and sells his own for a very reasonable price, it's more that I would just like to make them myself as I've no problem with the shafts and clubmaking side of it.. I was thinking of a frequency tip weight but they're expensive and my suppliers start at 205g so need something lighter..

Could always use washers. It's actually the easiest way. I think I'm gonna do the calibration weight just so the final product looks cooler. But then again, they are going to end up needing grinding and maybe even lead tape, so may not look so cool after all that

I was asking for the same reason rather than washers ha. Purely worried about how they'll look aesthetically even though they'll never leave the garage haha

13

#74 ago33

ago33

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117034
  • Joined: 11/04/2010
  • Ebay ID:svenanole
GolfWRX Likes : 507

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:18 AM

I had the washers and grips lying around so mine were $20 out of pocket. 90% discount
-----Current Gamers-----

Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9............................Kubuki J 70 X
Callaway Epic Sub Zero 13.5.......................Kubuki J 80 X
Adams DHY 18...........................................Fuji 904HB X
Callaway Apex CF16...................................Project X 6.5
Vokey SM4 46, 50, 56, 62...........................KBS 610 125
Odyssey Works #7 CH................................GP SNSR

14

#75 ago33

ago33

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117034
  • Joined: 11/04/2010
  • Ebay ID:svenanole
GolfWRX Likes : 507

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:19 AM

The electrical tape on the outside serves as a form of protection if you hit the ground etc

-----Current Gamers-----

Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9............................Kubuki J 70 X
Callaway Epic Sub Zero 13.5.......................Kubuki J 80 X
Adams DHY 18...........................................Fuji 904HB X
Callaway Apex CF16...................................Project X 6.5
Vokey SM4 46, 50, 56, 62...........................KBS 610 125
Odyssey Works #7 CH................................GP SNSR

15

#76 Hondabuff

Hondabuff

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15882
  • Joined: 07/03/2006
  • Location:PA
GolfWRX Likes : 410

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:03 AM

View Postago33, on 01 February 2017 - 07:19 AM, said:

The electrical tape on the outside serves as a form of protection if you hit the ground etc

The Calibration weights I have are Chrome plated brass alloy. Holy cow do they spark if you strike the pavement accidently. It sent my dog running in a panic with all the sparks. I was working on the drill that requires a squat then legs open and then you drive hard down with your lead leg to get the extra whip at the bottom. Think I remember it being called the Tiger squat or something. Either way my 315 weight has some battle scars. You guys using the washers should try that plastidip used for tool handles. Might come out kinda cool or really dumb. Not sure until someone tries it.

Edited by Hondabuff, 01 February 2017 - 09:08 AM.

Titleist 915D2 9.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 85X
Titleist 716 AP2 Project X 6.0
Titleist Vokey SM4 50/54/58 Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M
Titleist Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x 2015
Bushnell Tour Z6

16

#77 Trap Junior

Trap Junior

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118836
  • Joined: 12/13/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:26 AM

What's the point of the heavier club when overspeed training is using lighter clubs only.

17

#78 Albatross85

Albatross85

    The straightest hitters in golf don't hit it straight

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 268050
  • Joined: 08/02/2013
  • Location:St. Louis, MO
  • Handicap:+2.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1289

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:33 AM

View PostCwing, on 31 January 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

View PostAlbatross85, on 29 January 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

For anyone wondering more info on the build. I bought 3 calibration weights 150,200,300.

After drilling them 1.25" with a 9.1mm bit (Amazon) they each lost exactly 15grams of weight. So I ended up with 135/185/285 weights.

I ordered 3 graffaloy pro blue 75 gram .350 shafts off RBG for $12 a piece after coupons. I tipped them each 1.5" to help keep them stiff. They have 4" of parallel tip in case anyone is wondering.

I shafted them with Brampton 20/20 Epoxy (strongest stuff on earth) and Brampton shafting beads. I left some extra epoxy coming out of top where it meets the ferrule in an attempt to make sure the shaft was protected and wouldn't snap against the steel. I'd recommend using collared ferrules if you have them but I just went with what I had on hand.

My normal driver is 347 grams total weight.

My speed sticks came out at

266  77%
316   91%
408   117%

My heavy one I used a grip that was 10grams lighter than the others but it still came out a little heavy. I may have to drill out some weight in the future.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Anything you would do differently?
besides using collared ferrules if i had them, no not really. I'm very happy with the result. When my broken wrist is healed (march 1) ill be training with these bad boys every day hopefully.
Cobra LTD Pro 9.5* Tensei Pro White 70TX proto 44.25"
TM M2 Tour 16.5 HL Veylix Rome 888 X 42.5"
Cobra King Utility Iron 19.5* Hzrdus Black 85X
Titleist 712U 4i PX LZ 6.5 +1/4"
Wilson FG Tour V6 PX LZ 6.5 +1/4"
Vokey SM6 50.12F, 55.07M Raw, TVD M grind 61*, DG TI S400 +1/4"
Odyssey Milled RSX 7 35" Superstroke Flatso 1.0
TM TP5x
WITB Link

18

#79 Hondabuff

Hondabuff

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15882
  • Joined: 07/03/2006
  • Location:PA
GolfWRX Likes : 410

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:01 AM

View PostTrap Junior, on 01 February 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

What's the point of the heavier club when overspeed training is using lighter clubs only.

It will teach your muscles that they can swing a heavier object just as fast as the light object just that the duration will not be as long. There is a relationship between the weight percentages though. SuperSpeed golf talks about all the research they did to discover the weights then post it clearly on their website. good for us and bad for them I guess. More you practice the longer you can sustain the higher speeds. I posted a video on another thread showing how your fast twitch muscles will make the speeds go up then plateau then dip. Your goal is to make the plateau last longer before you fatigue. My speeds go from 108 to 115 then come back down around 110 mph. I can usually get 6 to 8 swings at 115 before it starts coming back down. That's coming from 105 to 110 to 107 when I started. I have peaks with the 315gr club hit 122mph and the lightest club hit 171mph. Its cool to see the peaks but the plateau speeds are where the money is at. At the end of my work out I will swing 5 times with the super lite club then 3 times with my Blue 315 gram club. If I rest a few minutes and hit balls with my 915 I can expect to see the same speeds as my last set. The heavy club will make your driver feel crazy lite and fast.

Edited by Hondabuff, 01 February 2017 - 10:14 AM.

Titleist 915D2 9.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 85X
Titleist 716 AP2 Project X 6.0
Titleist Vokey SM4 50/54/58 Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M
Titleist Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x 2015
Bushnell Tour Z6

19

#80 dam276

dam276

    I shoulda yelled two

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28591
  • Joined: 05/04/2007
  • Location:FL
  • Handicap:5.2
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:07 PM

Placed my SuperSpeed order today so we'll see how it goes. Customer service so far has been great - they even have a bundle option for the radar and men's trainer for $299. If you use code PGA it drops down 10%. Looking forward to testing it out!

Edited by dam276, 01 February 2017 - 01:08 PM.

GBB Epic 9* (Accra FX260 M4)
TM RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3W HL (Kaili 80X)
TM Rescue 11 3 & 4 (NV 85X)
Mizuno MP 15 (PX 5.5)
Mizuno T5 52* (DG W)
Callaway MD2 Tour 58* (DG W)
Cleveland 588 Forged 64* (DG TC)
Lajosi XP3

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 Hondabuff

Hondabuff

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15882
  • Joined: 07/03/2006
  • Location:PA
GolfWRX Likes : 410

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:39 PM

View Postdam276, on 01 February 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

Placed my SuperSpeed order today so we'll see how it goes. Customer service so far has been great - they even have a bundle option for the radar and men's trainer for $299. If you use code PGA it drops down 10%. Looking forward to testing it out!

$281.13 out the door isn't too bad. PGA coupon saves you $30. Good Find!

Edited by Hondabuff, 01 February 2017 - 01:42 PM.

Titleist 915D2 9.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 85X
Titleist 716 AP2 Project X 6.0
Titleist Vokey SM4 50/54/58 Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M
Titleist Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x 2015
Bushnell Tour Z6

21

#82 R-Kid

R-Kid

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132177
  • Joined: 07/02/2011
  • Location:St.Petersburg , Fl
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:27 PM

Is the radar necessary? I am interested in this . I was just going to buy the men's training set but I just did the bundle and with the coupon it's $269.98 before tax   It's sitting in my cart waiting for checkout

Thanks

22

#83 Hondabuff

Hondabuff

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15882
  • Joined: 07/03/2006
  • Location:PA
GolfWRX Likes : 410

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:01 PM

You can use it without a Radar but you will never really able to tell if your progressing. You can get a Bel Swingmate on eBay for $30 but the SSR is better.

Edited by Hondabuff, 01 February 2017 - 07:04 PM.

Titleist 915D2 9.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 85X
Titleist 716 AP2 Project X 6.0
Titleist Vokey SM4 50/54/58 Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M
Titleist Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x 2015
Bushnell Tour Z6

23

#84 R-Kid

R-Kid

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132177
  • Joined: 07/02/2011
  • Location:St.Petersburg , Fl
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:36 PM

Thanks , a lot of good info on this site.

24

#85 EntourageLife

EntourageLife

    EntourageLife

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 393990
  • Joined: 08/31/2015
  • Location:Tampa, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 339

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:30 PM

View PostR-Kid, on 01 February 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

Thanks , a lot of good info on this site.

"HondaBuff" is the man.  Very positive attitude and willing to pass knowledge to others.  He's sticking with program and anyone who's tried it knows how truly difficult it can be to trick your body and swing fast over and over.  It does work!


25

#86 i*windows

i*windows

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26638
  • Joined: 03/13/2007
  • Location:Bavaria
  • Handicap:12.3
GolfWRX Likes : 608

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:49 AM

View Postt-bone, on 01 February 2017 - 05:03 AM, said:

Curious if anyone used solid round bar stainless to make tips rather than calibration weights? Can't find 150gram calibration weights for a half reasonable price in U.K. There's a custom fitter/clubfitter here in Ireland that makes and sells his own for a very reasonable price, it's more that I would just like to make them myself as I've no problem with the shafts and clubmaking side of it.. I was thinking of a frequency tip weight but they're expensive and my suppliers start at 205g so need something lighter..

I "think" you could really use almost anything to bring the tip weight up, washers, nuts and lead tape would work ok - with the added benefit that you don't need to drill out the weight.
Just hit the damn ball.
TM R1
Steelhead III 4+7
Cleveland Mashie 5h
Nike Covert Forged 2, 6-PW
Cleveland 588 Tour Action 51*
MD Golf Seve Sedona 58*
Yes Sandy.

26

#87 MooreMikeA

MooreMikeA

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 380758
  • Joined: 06/15/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:45 PM

View PostR-Kid, on 01 February 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

Is the radar necessary? I am interested in this . I was just going to buy the men's training set but I just did the bundle and with the coupon it's $269.98 before tax   It's sitting in my cart waiting for checkout

Thanks
I have been doing a modified version of this over the last few weeks and, at least for me ,the radar is a necessity.   There have been so many times I felt a swing was really fast and look down at the radar and it is relatively slow.  Without that feedback it is hard to train your body to know what fast feels like.

27

#88 EntourageLife

EntourageLife

    EntourageLife

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 393990
  • Joined: 08/31/2015
  • Location:Tampa, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 339

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:12 PM

View PostMooreMikeA, on 02 February 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

View PostR-Kid, on 01 February 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

Is the radar necessary? I am interested in this . I was just going to buy the men's training set but I just did the bundle and with the coupon it's $269.98 before tax   It's sitting in my cart waiting for checkout

Thanks
I have been doing a modified version of this over the last few weeks and, at least for me ,the radar is a necessity.   There have been so many times I felt a swing was really fast and look down at the radar and it is relatively slow.  Without that feedback it is hard to train your body to know what fast feels like.

^^^ this.  I agreed 100%. Don't make one swing until you have the radar.  You need a barometer to gauge and also push yourself.  I use the radar a lot to experiment with different feels and swing keys.  Try it.

28

#89 Ray Jackson

Ray Jackson

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69784
  • Joined: 11/25/2008
  • Location:Bay Area
  • Handicap:2
  • Ebay ID:3471ray
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:23 PM

View PostEntourageLife, on 02 February 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

View PostMooreMikeA, on 02 February 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

View PostR-Kid, on 01 February 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

Is the radar necessary? I am interested in this . I was just going to buy the men's training set but I just did the bundle and with the coupon it's $269.98 before tax   It's sitting in my cart waiting for checkout

Thanks
I have been doing a modified version of this over the last few weeks and, at least for me ,the radar is a necessity.   There have been so many times I felt a swing was really fast and look down at the radar and it is relatively slow.  Without that feedback it is hard to train your body to know what fast feels like.

^^^ this.  I agreed 100%. Don't make one swing until you have the radar.  You need a barometer to gauge and also push yourself.  I use the radar a lot to experiment with different feels and swing keys.  Try it.

I have the cheaper red and white colored SS radar, but anyone know what might be causing the fact that my radar is consistently 7-8mph faster than a trackman reading of swing speed?
I can obviously still use it to benchmark where I am at now and the differential/progress, and just continue to subtract 8mph to get to an actual reading but anyone else experience this?

29

#90 EntourageLife

EntourageLife

    EntourageLife

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 393990
  • Joined: 08/31/2015
  • Location:Tampa, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 339

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:00 PM

View PostRay Jackson, on 02 February 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

View PostEntourageLife, on 02 February 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

View PostMooreMikeA, on 02 February 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

View PostR-Kid, on 01 February 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

Is the radar necessary? I am interested in this . I was just going to buy the men's training set but I just did the bundle and with the coupon it's $269.98 before tax   It's sitting in my cart waiting for checkout

Thanks
I have been doing a modified version of this over the last few weeks and, at least for me ,the radar is a necessity.   There have been so many times I felt a swing was really fast and look down at the radar and it is relatively slow.  Without that feedback it is hard to train your body to know what fast feels like.

^^^ this.  I agreed 100%. Don't make one swing until you have the radar.  You need a barometer to gauge and also push yourself.  I use the radar a lot to experiment with different feels and swing keys.  Try it.

I have the cheaper red and white colored SS radar, but anyone know what might be causing the fact that my radar is consistently 7-8mph faster than a trackman reading of swing speed?
I can obviously still use it to benchmark where I am at now and the differential/progress, and just continue to subtract 8mph to get to an actual reading but anyone else experience this?

Red/White Radar is just fine.  I've had this debate regarding swing speed on several other threads.  Just remember Trackman "calculates" swing speed it doesn't "measure" it like a radar.  Many things can influence Trackman, ie color of your driver or backlighting.

Don't worry about any other methods of measurement.  Use the Red/White Radar as your benchmark.  It'll read +/- 2 of your actual speed.  Don't pay attention to anything else...


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors