Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 6 votes

SuperSpeed Golf training system


594 replies to this topic

#571 seve1972

seve1972

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124438
  • Joined: 03/13/2011
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:39 PM

View PostPomps, on 09 January 2018 - 09:09 PM, said:

A quick update with the key intention of encouraging others and keeping folks engaged. For the last few years, my swing speed on GC2 HMT has consistently averaged about 110mph. Bad days average around 108 and good days 112. On SSR, numbers are a little higher like 112/113 on average days. Good swings would be 115. I started super speed on 12/29 so I've been at for only five sessions. I must admit, I have also been doing a lot of heavy squats and deadlifts (heavy for me), core and flexibility at the gym the last few months. Nevertheless, hitting balls with my gamer M2 tonight, which again is typically 111-113 on SSR, I hit 120 a few times in a row. I'll be the first to admit SSR numbers may be a little high, but the key takeaway is that my speed has increased. I'm about to turn 39 in a few weeks, so I would just be happy with at least maintaining and maybe a little increase. How much of it is the working out and other training vs the overspeed? That's difficult to say, but even my super speed training numbers have increased steadily. In my first session, the average of my last three swings with light/green was 118 and max was 120. Tonight average of the last three was 126 with 127 max. Every drill from both sides has seen gains, with more gains on the left handed to the point in which the speeds are getting very close right handed, my natural side.The point, stick with it people. If you stay committed, make sure you're warming up and make sure you're working out, improvement can happen. The key for me now is to go even harder and make sure these gains stick!

Nice....I think this perfectly illustrates what power is.....strength(gym) + speed (overspeed training) gives you power.     It takes work but well worth it!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#572 jah7838

jah7838

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76786
  • Joined: 03/05/2009
  • Ebay ID:jah7838
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:55 AM

So I was a good 12 weeks into the Super Speed training, and due to extreme stress and anxiety issues, I had to take about 6 weeks off.  It was mainly due to me pushing myself to much both physically and at work, without adequate rest.  So I just started working out again, and started at the beginning of the program.

Before I had to stop, I did notice a difference with distance, even in the colder weather that I was playing and practicing in.  I didn't feel like I was swinging any harder, but the ball would definitely travel farther, especially off the driver.  Irons were probably 1/2 club longer, which isn't much, but it's still something.  It's a great training tool and program for any golfer.

2

#573 flushem

flushem

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39708
  • Joined: 09/21/2007
  • Location:SoCal
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:14 PM

I am sure many agree that combination of workout (warm-up, weight lifting, flexing and stretching) and SSG is crucial.  Now I put more effort on developing and conditioning my body than SSG not to get back injury.  Also, I am less tired after a round.   Over holiday weekend, I went clubbing with my wife and other couples till 3 am after a round, which I have not done for ages.

It may sound like a simple overload but....  there is way more effort to make it happen and sustain.  

guys, isn't it fun to watch your buddies' jaws drop?

3

#574 ZAP

ZAP

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,226 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 165699
  • Joined: 02/23/2012
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 841

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:38 AM

Going to order this to use with my HS team.   I seem to remember getting an email with a 10% off code at some point but I cannot seem to find it.  Anyone know anything?

Oh yeah I'm going to do it too.

4

#575 PorscheFan

PorscheFan

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 483074
  • Joined: 09/28/2017
  • Location:Midwest
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 92

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:03 PM

View PostZAP, on 12 January 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

Going to order this to use with my HS team.   I seem to remember getting an email with a 10% off code at some point but I cannot seem to find it.  Anyone know anything?

Oh yeah I'm going to do it too.

The Golf Strategy School podcast interviewed the owners (Mike and Kyle) and had a promo code of 'Golf Strategy' for 15% off.  No idea if it's still valid.

It's definitely worth listening to that interview to get a fuller understanding of the product and the principles behind it.


5

#576 flushem

flushem

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39708
  • Joined: 09/21/2007
  • Location:SoCal
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:37 PM

View PostZAP, on 12 January 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

Going to order this to use with my HS team.   I seem to remember getting an email with a 10% off code at some point but I cannot seem to find it.  Anyone know anything?

Oh yeah I'm going to do it too.

It would be gnarly to watch your HS kids blow off their SS.  Maybe 160+ SS?

6

#577 Wardonation

Wardonation

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107035
  • Joined: 04/28/2010
  • Handicap:+2.8
GolfWRX Likes : 119

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:22 PM

sho second round of this dealio. Last year went 103 to 107... My question should I swing my a$$ off like last year or stay in balance?

7

#578 flushem

flushem

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39708
  • Joined: 09/21/2007
  • Location:SoCal
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:26 PM

I just noticed that all SSG videos in Youtube are gone.

Thank God I memorized the warm-up session that I do twice a day as stretch.

8

#579 PorscheFan

PorscheFan

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 483074
  • Joined: 09/28/2017
  • Location:Midwest
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 92

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:45 PM

That's funny... I literally went there one hour ago because I'd bought a white board specifically to write down a list of the warmup exercises and noticed the same thing.  The warm-up exercise is also down on their site!

I went to the Tyler Parsons warmup on YouTube and wrote down those exercises instead.  Very different warmup,  but the dude knows what he's doing so it'll work for me.

9

#580 flushem

flushem

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39708
  • Joined: 09/21/2007
  • Location:SoCal
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:33 PM

View PostPorscheFan, on 12 January 2018 - 05:45 PM, said:

That's funny... I literally went there one hour ago because I'd bought a white board specifically to write down a list of the warmup exercises and noticed the same thing.  The warm-up exercise is also down on their site!

I went to the Tyler Parsons warmup on YouTube and wrote down those exercises instead.  Very different warmup,  but the dude knows what he's doing so it'll work for me.

Tyler's warmup is addition to the SSG warmup.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#581 PorscheFan

PorscheFan

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 483074
  • Joined: 09/28/2017
  • Location:Midwest
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 92

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:43 PM

View Postflushem, on 12 January 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

View PostPorscheFan, on 12 January 2018 - 05:45 PM, said:

That's funny... I literally went there one hour ago because I'd bought a white board specifically to write down a list of the warmup exercises and noticed the same thing.  The warm-up exercise is also down on their site!

I went to the Tyler Parsons warmup on YouTube and wrote down those exercises instead.  Very different warmup,  but the dude knows what he's doing so it'll work for me.

Tyler's warmup is addition to the SSG warmup.

Thanks.  Until they put it back up I'll have to go by memory.  I hope when they repost it that they update the music.  It was weird.

11

#582 flushem

flushem

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39708
  • Joined: 09/21/2007
  • Location:SoCal
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:53 PM

LOL. i agree.  So stupid it got stuck in my head.

12

#583 PorscheFan

PorscheFan

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 483074
  • Joined: 09/28/2017
  • Location:Midwest
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 92

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:14 AM

View Postflushem, on 13 January 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

LOL. i agree.  So stupid it got stuck in my head.

Yep, I can't remember the exercises, but I can't forget the music.  Go figure.

13

#584 SuperSwede28

SuperSwede28

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 428684
  • Joined: 06/11/2016
  • Location:Gulfcoast, FL
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:56 PM

Figured I'd share some of my results so far.  I stayed with the program pretty well at the start, but then had a pretty long break (as you can see in the graphs) and haven't gotten back into it quite yet.  My goal is to get back in Protocol 1 with the kneeling swings and do it twice a week.  Also get back into a gym routine twice a week, 2017 was not a good gym year for me.  Obviously not all muscle, but went from low to mid 160 lbs to 150 lbs.  I have been working some on flexibility and trying to max my shoulder rotation which I think have allowed me to somewhat keep up my SS.    

Graph values are max per set only, not averages.  First few weeks was three swings per set only, then I started doing 5 swings each set even though I was in the intro protocol, three just didn't seem like enough to progress.

Note that I did have my SS radar on baseball mode the first one or two sessions and it appears that this produces lower SS values, so the initial gains are a bit exaggerated.

I only posted my standing right handed and left handed swings, step-ins have a similar tendency, in general a few mph higher.  I got 9 sessions in with the kneeling-swings, saw a pretty big jump from the first to the second time, likely from getting the technique and balance figured out a bit better, after that pretty steady.

When I had a lesson with a Trackman early 2017 my driver SS was 108-110 mph.  With the SS radar I have been between 110-121 mph, most commonly 112-116 mph.  Pretty sure my SS radar is touch high on the readings as I haven't seen any major gains in my driver carry distance.  

RH Standing.png

LH Standing.png
Titleist 915D4 9.5 deg. - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Orange (V3) 70TX
Ping G30 15 deg. - Aldila Tour Blue 80TX
Titleist 915H 2H - UST Attas International 100X
Srixon 765 4i-6i - Nippon Modus 120X
Srixon 965 7i-PW - Nippon Modus 120X
Miura K-grind 51 deg. - Nippon Modus 120S
Titleist SM4 56 deg. - Nippon 125 Wedge
Edel Driver grind 58 deg. - KBS High Rev. 2.0
Byron Morgan 612 GSS

14

#585 SuperSwede28

SuperSwede28

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 428684
  • Joined: 06/11/2016
  • Location:Gulfcoast, FL
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:39 PM

View PostPorscheFan, on 15 January 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

View Postflushem, on 13 January 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

LOL. i agree.  So stupid it got stuck in my head.

Yep, I can't remember the exercises, but I can't forget the music.  Go figure.

https://www.youtube....h?v=l8fFFCtYEDg

Is this the one, dynamic warm-up, or did they have a static one? Might have been re-posted because it doesn't have many views.  That is a weird song for a warm-up session.  With that music and some of the moves it makes me think of something Napoleon Dynamite would do :D

Titleist 915D4 9.5 deg. - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Orange (V3) 70TX
Ping G30 15 deg. - Aldila Tour Blue 80TX
Titleist 915H 2H - UST Attas International 100X
Srixon 765 4i-6i - Nippon Modus 120X
Srixon 965 7i-PW - Nippon Modus 120X
Miura K-grind 51 deg. - Nippon Modus 120S
Titleist SM4 56 deg. - Nippon 125 Wedge
Edel Driver grind 58 deg. - KBS High Rev. 2.0
Byron Morgan 612 GSS

15

#586 RITZ

RITZ

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 491026
  • Joined: 01/15/2018
  • Location:Crown Point Indiana
  • Handicap:18
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:23 PM

View Post3 Jack Par, on 08 January 2018 - 07:43 PM, said:

Wow, the second stage of this SSG program is a big increase in activity! Adding the kneeling, plus bumping up the reps to 5 makes it seem almost like a workout.  
I ended up ordering this pad, and it worked well. I wish it was a little wider, but it seems like it'll do the job for this program.
https://www.amazon.c...ef=yo_pop_mb_pd

Hey all I'm new here first post!  I like the forum.  Lots of interesting discussions.  

3 Jack Parr- I'm just about right with you on the start on Protocol 1from 12-17 and you are right, this is a tough demanding workout. I do a treadmill walk every day to get my Fitbit 10k steps goal but this is all out go hard type exercise.  I have been very good in sticking with the program even though it was 12 degrees in my garage last week where I need to do this program.
Don't want to bore everyone with my stats especially as I am starting out way slow with my last summer 180 yards drives 75mph senior swing speed, so this is really exciting if I can get to increase up to an 85-90 swing speed mph for 220 yard drives.  No more 3 and 5 woods in hand for long par 4's would be super.

Edited by RITZ, 15 January 2018 - 03:25 PM.


16

#587 trippdudley

trippdudley

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 451690
  • Joined: 01/15/2017
  • Location:Chicago
  • Handicap:3.5
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted Yesterday, 11:11 AM

It's been a while since I've posted here - didn't realize this forum had been getting so much activity!  Excited to catch up.

I'm almost a year in to SS training, with less frequent use during the summer.  Would love to compare notes or get advice from other folks that have been doing the training for a while.  Here's a summary of where I've been..

On the course...
- There's little doubt I was longer in general during this past season.  That was definitely noticed by guys I played with.  

With the Training...
- I jumped up about 20% on my dominant side in the first few weeks.  While there were no doubt gains, I think the spike is exaggerated by just being more comfortable swinging inside.   Way up on the left side.  I peaked a bit last spring, but mostly, I've pretty much plateaued since that first spike.  

On trackman...
- I've been surprised (and a little bummed) that I haven't seen larger gains when I'm on a trackman.  I pretty much have lived 105-107, 110+ if I step on it, which isn't all that different from before training.  As is the case with most people, though, I'm pretty sure my swing is faster out on the course.

In Summary...
So, from a pure numbers perspective, while I'm 15% faster with the SS training, that has translated to about 1-3% in terms of club head speed.  Using more context though, I definitely think the gains are more than that.  

Curious if anyone else has had a similar experience, and any advice for getting over this plateau.

Attached Thumbnails

  • SS Chart 1.16.png
  • SS Table 1.16.jpg


17

#588 Hondabuff

Hondabuff

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15882
  • Joined: 07/03/2006
  • Location:PA
GolfWRX Likes : 425

Posted Yesterday, 11:34 AM

Looking at my averages from my Flightscope sessions, My gains while swinging a club were roughly +3.6 mph more with the driver. What I noticed was the more spikes of +110mph on the charts vs. earlier in the year where there were only a few that ticked 105mph. The speed sticks have a lot less wind resistance and my what is a 117mph swing with the blue club is probably my 110mph swing with the driver. I still yielded a lot of drives that were my personal best last season.
Titleist 915D2 9.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 85X
Titleist 716 AP2 Project X 6.0
Titleist Vokey SM4 50/54/58 Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M
Titleist Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x 2015
Bushnell Tour Z6

18

#589 HidekiWoods

HidekiWoods

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 360445
  • Joined: 01/31/2015
  • Location:South
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted Yesterday, 12:37 PM

View Posttrippdudley, on 16 January 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

It's been a while since I've posted here - didn't realize this forum had been getting so much activity!  Excited to catch up.

I'm almost a year in to SS training, with less frequent use during the summer.  Would love to compare notes or get advice from other folks that have been doing the training for a while.  Here's a summary of where I've been..

On the course...
- There's little doubt I was longer in general during this past season.  That was definitely noticed by guys I played with.  

With the Training...
- I jumped up about 20% on my dominant side in the first few weeks.  While there were no doubt gains, I think the spike is exaggerated by just being more comfortable swinging inside.   Way up on the left side.  I peaked a bit last spring, but mostly, I've pretty much plateaued since that first spike.  

On trackman...
- I've been surprised (and a little bummed) that I haven't seen larger gains when I'm on a trackman.  I pretty much have lived 105-107, 110+ if I step on it, which isn't all that different from before training.  As is the case with most people, though, I'm pretty sure my swing is faster out on the course.

In Summary...
So, from a pure numbers perspective, while I'm 15% faster with the SS training, that has translated to about 1-3% in terms of club head speed.  Using more context though, I definitely think the gains are more than that.  

Curious if anyone else has had a similar experience, and any advice for getting over this plateau.

I am having similar experience. However I am caution to commit completely to the program with the fear of developing bad swing habits. I am probably on average doing the training program once per week.

I guess I am using the program as maintenance, but am I am also working to improve my flexibility and strength. I have also started doing drive 400 swing speed drills and after the first 2 weeks I feel an increase. Hopefully I will be able to confirm soon once the weather clears up.
Epic Sub Zero: Tensei PO 70 TX 8.0 deg
Steelhead XR 4+: D+ 70 X
Apex Hybrid: Kuro Kage X 18, 20, 23
Srixon Z965  5 - PW : TI S400
MD3 50, 54, 58, and PM Grind 64 S400
SeeMore Nashville

19

#590 Cicero

Cicero

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41303
  • Joined: 10/24/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 349

Posted Yesterday, 02:34 PM

View PostHondabuff, on 16 January 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

Looking at my averages from my Flightscope sessions, My gains while swinging a club were roughly +3.6 mph more with the driver. What I noticed was the more spikes of +110mph on the charts vs. earlier in the year where there were only a few that ticked 105mph. The speed sticks have a lot less wind resistance and my what is a 117mph swing with the blue club is probably my 110mph swing with the driver. I still yielded a lot of drives that were my personal best last season.

I wonder if you’re subconsciously holding back in order to make solid contact?  If that’s the case, then maybe hitting the ball as hard as you can for 10 balls or so for a few practice sessions can help remove that internal governor and allow some more of those gains to show up when you’re hitting a ball?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#591 flushem

flushem

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39708
  • Joined: 09/21/2007
  • Location:SoCal
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted Yesterday, 03:59 PM

View PostSuperSwede28, on 15 January 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

View PostPorscheFan, on 15 January 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

View Postflushem, on 13 January 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

LOL. i agree.  So stupid it got stuck in my head.

Yep, I can't remember the exercises, but I can't forget the music.  Go figure.

https://www.youtube....h?v=l8fFFCtYEDg

Is this the one, dynamic warm-up, or did they have a static one? Might have been re-posted because it doesn't have many views.  That is a weird song for a warm-up session.  With that music and some of the moves it makes me think of something Napoleon Dynamite would do :D

yes the warm-up video on Youtube is back in business.  I am glad so.  I did it with my daughters yesterday.. They like the simplicity of stretch.

On Sunday, I started Level 1.  I thought kneeling was dreadful but it was not actually.  I will report the progress in a week of two.  I continue to break records here and there.  But like you guys, I am concern with swing on course.  Yesterday, I had a round with my buddies; my upper body rotated way too fast and completely was out of sync.  Two good drives only (one, I outdrove everyone and the other, my 3 wood drive was fat as their driver drive).   It was my lower body rotating too fast before.

Another issue was that my new (heavier) driver felt too light.  Does anyone have the same issue?    

Anyways, time for me to slow down and sync.

21

#592 northgolf

northgolf

    Pork

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,979 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79459
  • Joined: 04/07/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 1172

Posted Yesterday, 06:54 PM

View Postflushem, on 16 January 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

View PostSuperSwede28, on 15 January 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

View PostPorscheFan, on 15 January 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

View Postflushem, on 13 January 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

LOL. i agree.  So stupid it got stuck in my head.

Yep, I can't remember the exercises, but I can't forget the music.  Go figure.

https://www.youtube....h?v=l8fFFCtYEDg

Is this the one, dynamic warm-up, or did they have a static one? Might have been re-posted because it doesn't have many views.  That is a weird song for a warm-up session.  With that music and some of the moves it makes me think of something Napoleon Dynamite would do :D

yes the warm-up video on Youtube is back in business.  I am glad so.  I did it with my daughters yesterday.. They like the simplicity of stretch.

On Sunday, I started Level 1.  I thought kneeling was dreadful but it was not actually.  I will report the progress in a week of two.  I continue to break records here and there.  But like you guys, I am concern with swing on course.  Yesterday, I had a round with my buddies; my upper body rotated way too fast and completely was out of sync.  Two good drives only (one, I outdrove everyone and the other, my 3 wood drive was fat as their driver drive).   It was my lower body rotating too fast before.

Another issue was that my new (heavier) driver felt too light.  Does anyone have the same issue?

Anyways, time for me to slow down and sync.

Don't slow down to sync, speed up the slow part.  The step in swings should be helping your lower body sync, maybe you try that with a faster step.
If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun.  - Zippy the Pinhead

22

#593 gretch

gretch

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424868
  • Joined: 05/12/2016
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 537

Posted Yesterday, 07:39 PM

Well, that really sucks.


Just went out for a quick session.  Was doing the right handed step through when my kid opened the sliding glass door and said something to me, I looked up and still did the full swing through..........BAM!!  I just exploded my radar.  Faceplate went the farthest at about 30 yds.  The rest of the pieces scattered between me and there.  I beat the kid of course as it was clearly his fault, but my unit is still exploded.  :(

I am somewhat impressed that SSG's blue club took the hit pretty well.  At least I didn't break that as well.....

Edited by gretch, Yesterday, 07:44 PM.


23

#594 bluedot

bluedot

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,796 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85265
  • Joined: 06/10/2009
  • Handicap:6.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1091

Posted Yesterday, 09:20 PM

I could be wrong, of course, but I don't think the point of this is to preserve and protect the swing that you are going to use when you play golf.  I think the point is to train your body to swing faster, period.

And I don't think you're likely to hurt your "real" swing with the number of reps that the SuperSpeed program calls for, either; it's not even a small bucket of balls at the range.  If I do a good job of getting set at the top and then really turning it loose on the downswing, then it's hard to imagine what harm I could be doing to my swing.

24

#595 swizbeatz

swizbeatz

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,327 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137276
  • Joined: 08/22/2011
  • Handicap:+.6
GolfWRX Likes : 1302

Posted Yesterday, 11:28 PM

View Posttrippdudley, on 16 January 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

It's been a while since I've posted here - didn't realize this forum had been getting so much activity!  Excited to catch up.

I'm almost a year in to SS training, with less frequent use during the summer.  Would love to compare notes or get advice from other folks that have been doing the training for a while.  Here's a summary of where I've been..

On the course...
- There's little doubt I was longer in general during this past season.  That was definitely noticed by guys I played with.  

With the Training...
- I jumped up about 20% on my dominant side in the first few weeks.  While there were no doubt gains, I think the spike is exaggerated by just being more comfortable swinging inside.   Way up on the left side.  I peaked a bit last spring, but mostly, I've pretty much plateaued since that first spike.  

On trackman...
- I've been surprised (and a little bummed) that I haven't seen larger gains when I'm on a trackman.  I pretty much have lived 105-107, 110+ if I step on it, which isn't all that different from before training.  As is the case with most people, though, I'm pretty sure my swing is faster out on the course.

In Summary...
So, from a pure numbers perspective, while I'm 15% faster with the SS training, that has translated to about 1-3% in terms of club head speed.  Using more context though, I definitely think the gains are more than that.  

Curious if anyone else has had a similar experience, and any advice for getting over this plateau.

Youll see 3 Jack has started this, might be a problem for you going forward as you play with him a few times a year 😆.  

Stick with doing it 2-3 times a week, or close to?  Miles just put out a blog piece on this (what up Dom), mentions 2-3 times a week and everyone picked up 5-10 mph in a month or two, which is right around when you peaked.  Id be curious to know if the next step is to hit the gym along with the program, or maybe look into the long drive set which I assume inlcudes some different weights on each end of the spectrum.  Id imagine gym, lots of stretching, and keeping up with these would be the standard advice to continue getting faster.  

Im starting it up later this week, wanted to get in a good gym routine before hand that Ill now add this into.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

25



1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


    DJ Aus

GolfWRX Sponsors