Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 6 votes

Tales From The Tour, Part II.....

A Has Been And A Never Was

673 replies to this topic

#61 rangersgoalie

rangersgoalie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 290733
GolfWRX Likes : 2079

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:48 AM

My brother was caddying at Bay Hill
I was playing Callaway Great Big Bertha 7.5 degree with a 7.5 fibrematch shaft

Amazing to look back and realize how far off the driver was from what I know now!!!

Edited by rangersgoalie, 26 December 2016 - 03:00 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 agatha

agatha

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 308263
GolfWRX Likes : 1316

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:57 AM

Love this thread..

Best highlight of your career?
Biggest disappointment of your career?
How long did it take you initially to get to the tour?
When you were on the tour did you enjoy all of the travel,  are you someone who is okay hanging alone or did you ever find the travel isolating and lonely?

#63 agatha

agatha

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:01 AM

View Postnikegal, on 25 December 2016 - 04:46 PM, said:

Merry Christmas Patrick :) Many thanks to you and the guys for entertaining Richard today. I have been with both of our families and am heading to the hospital in a bit to celebrate with him. I was dreading today for him but as always, you all were his friends and shrinks, lolol. Thank you :) fondly, Maddie

Merry Christmas to you and Richard.. I found this thread because I didn't get my daily bitmoji from Richard got all worried so I went on here to see if he had made any posts..  Thankfully he did and I found this.  Richard, you always have the best ideas..  you should be major of WRX..    xoxo

#64 Hstead

Hstead

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,310 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95600
GolfWRX Likes : 2668

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:17 AM

Awesome thread, thanks Richard

Patrick, you played with the balatas and the current balls and equipment etc.  Did you change the way you played when the ball changed?  Did you work the ball both directions back with the balata and do you now with the Urethane balls?  Really curious because there is another thread discussing if Pros work it both ways on each shot or if they stick to a stock pattern most of the time and rarely move it against that pattern?

What did you do and was it different with the old balatas?  What do the other guys do mostly too?  Thanks

Edited by Hstead, 26 December 2016 - 02:18 AM.

Taylormade M2 Matrix White Tie 70X 10.5
Ping G30 3 Wood Miyazaki Black X
Titleist 915Hd Rogue Black X Flex
PIng i e 3-PW CFS
Ping Glide 54* SS and 58* TS
Directed Force
Bridgestone Tour B330

#65 prorobo

prorobo

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 191834
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 1658

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:31 AM

Here's a question, what's the story behind your screen name?

Go Devils!

#66 rangersgoalie

rangersgoalie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:36 AM

View Postagatha, on 26 December 2016 - 01:57 AM, said:

Love this thread..

Winning in Australia in 1994.  I love Australia, the golf courses and the people.  As a foreign player I was treated incredibly.  There is an honesty and no BS quality about Australians that I was very comfortable with, and they play the best courses in the world.

I blew a tendon off in my right wrist in 1997.  I believed I was figuring it out, and getting close to reaching some big goals, including winning on tour.  I did not reach my main goals, and sometimes feel I didn't accomplish as much as I should have
I was a weird case.  Grew up in golf with two parents that were club professionals.  Whole family are golf pros in fact.  But my parents got screwed in a golf course deal, and I pretty much went to work full time, working as a foreman and asst superintendent on a golf course at 19/20.  I didn't play much, was working and trying to survive, and fell for the woman who became my wife.  At 22 I went back to school to try and get a degree, I really did t want to cut grass the rest of my life.  Played small school golf for three years with some success, and was ready to transfer to a new school and quit playing, when one of my dads members offered to sponsor me.played a year of mini tour golf and in Australia for one season, and got my card in my first q school finals in 1989 for the 90 season.
I really hadn't planned on turning pro until I was given the opportunity from a sponsor.  I didn't have the funds, and to be honest, I didn't know if I was good enough.  Hell my older brother played for one year on tour and went to work, and he regularly whipped my butt!

When you were on the tour did you enjoy all of the travel,  are you someone who is okay hanging alone or did you ever find the travel isolating and lonely?
I'm a mix.  Ok with being alone at times, but I made a deal with my wife when I started professional golf that we wouldnt be apart more than two weeks.  Only one time did we not keep that deal on a five week Australia trip after we had our daughter.  My wife worked very hard to help me do all this, and we were a very good team when it came to keeping things in our relationship straight.  
On the road I'm pretty boring.  I don't drink, don't like clubs, and really was happy finding good solid food and televised hockey games.

#67 rangersgoalie

rangersgoalie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:40 AM

View Postprorobo, on 26 December 2016 - 02:31 AM, said:

Go Devils!

Well, Go Devils precludes me from answering this question!

I grew up a fan of the Rangers.  My parents had season seats, and were friends with a number of 1970's Rangers players.  In fact, one of the people that screwed my parents in the business deal was a former Ranger player!
I was a goalie growing up, and realized pretty quickly that 5'5" goalies weren't going anywhere.  I switched out to forward, and was decent, but was always a better goalie.
Huge fan of Eddie Giacomin and Henrik Lunquist

#68 rangersgoalie

rangersgoalie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:54 AM

View Postagatha, on 26 December 2016 - 01:57 AM, said:

Love this thread..

View PostHstead, on 26 December 2016 - 02:17 AM, said:

Patrick, you played with the balatas and the current balls and equipment etc.  Did you change the way you played when the ball changed?  Did you work the ball both directions back with the balata and do you now with the Urethane balls?  Really curious because there is another thread discussing if Pros work it both ways on each shot or if they stick to a stock pattern most of the time and rarely move it against that pattern?

What did you do and was it different with the old balatas?  What do the other guys do mostly too?  Thanks

Go Devils!

View PostHstead, on 26 December 2016 - 02:17 AM, said:

When I blew up my wrist in 1997, I basically missed three years.  When I came back in 2000, the game ahead changed a lot.
My old woods were many generations behind, and when I started testing, I was looking for a totally different driver ball flight.  Basically about 2.5 to 3 degrees more launch, and much less spin.  I played the spinniest ball Bridgestone made to keep some control with my irons and wedges.  I still worked the ball, though I had to work it more to move it.

When I tried Champions Q School in 2011, I had been basically playing less than a dozen rounds a year and with my old equipment.
It was a last second decision to enter, really at the insistence of a member at my club.  I thought he was crazy, I just had t played a competitive round in 10 years, and didn't even own legal irons and wedges.  Two weeks before first stage, I borrowed a set of irons for q school.  By this time, it was a different sport to me.  I played a pro v1 and it had zero spin for me.  It was hard to control it with my new, non square groove clubs, and the ball moved a lot in crosswinds for me, I assume because the lack of spin.
It took a while to make the adjustments to the new equipment.  I launch it higher now, have less shaft lean, and hit it a little further than I did when I as on the regular tour.  I worked with David Leadbetter to make these changes, and he was a huge help.  I know he's a lightning rod in here, but he has been a huge influence on my swing, and a better friend.

Sorry...edit.  I still work the ball, but I kind of have to.  I fly it about 265 stock, and need to work longer clubs into tournament greens.  I feel like bombers don't need to work it as much, their goal is to get a launch and spin rate that can take a straighter flight right at a target.  My 80 foot high 170 yard six iron needs to fit into targets more than a 120 foot height 200  yard six iron!

Edited by rangersgoalie, 26 December 2016 - 02:58 AM.

#69 prorobo

prorobo

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 191834
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 1658

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:59 AM

View Postrangersgoalie, on 26 December 2016 - 02:40 AM, said:

Go Devils!

I grew up a fan of the Rangers.  My parents had season seats, and were friends with a number of 1970's Rangers players.  In fact, one of the people that screwed my parents in the business deal was a former Ranger player!
I was a goalie growing up, and realized pretty quickly that 5'5" goalies weren't going anywhere.  I switched out to forward, and was decent, but was always a better goalie.

Awesome! Well except for the business-screwing part. I was a Leetch fan growing up and saw the Cup when he brought it home in '94.

Here's a follow up question. Who is the best NHLer you've teed it up with and how badly did you spank them?

#70 rangersgoalie

rangersgoalie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:09 AM

View Postprorobo, on 26 December 2016 - 02:59 AM, said:

View Postrangersgoalie, on 26 December 2016 - 02:40 AM, said:

Go Devils!

Awesome! Well except for the business-screwing part. I was a Leetch fan growing up and saw the Cup when he brought it home in '94.

Here's a follow up question. Who is the best NHLer you've teed it up with and how badly did you spank them?

Best NHL player I played with has been Teemu Selanne.  Best Hockey player, and maybe the best golfer too!  He's about a 4, and I typically have frustrated him.  He's a first ballot Hall of Famer that still looks like he could play, and I'm a fat little bastxxx that hits it almost as far as him and will beat him pretty regularly.
I actually went to Teemus Stanley Cup party, and it was a special night.  Hockey is easily my first love, and though I do t drink, I did drink some McAllan out of the a Cup that night!!  Total thrill!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#71 nikegal

nikegal

Golf...A Club, A Ball, A Divot, Ball Flight & A Target.....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 414844
  • Handicap::-)
GolfWRX Likes : 2610

Posted 26 December 2016 - 09:06 AM

View Postagatha, on 26 December 2016 - 02:01 AM, said:

View Postnikegal, on 25 December 2016 - 04:46 PM, said:

Merry Christmas Patrick :) Many thanks to you and the guys for entertaining Richard today. I have been with both of our families and am heading to the hospital in a bit to celebrate with him. I was dreading today for him but as always, you all were his friends and shrinks, lolol. Thank you :) fondly, Maddie

Merry Christmas to you and Richard.. I found this thread because I didn't get my daily bitmoji from Richard got all worried so I went on here to see if he had made any posts..  Thankfully he did and I found this.  Richard, you always have the best ideas..  you should be major of WRX..    xoxo
Hi Aggs :) Merry Christmas!! Richard's phone went down and his provider was closed for the day. When I got there last night he was asleep so I let him be or he'd have been up all night. I think Patrick would be an amazing mentor for Matthew. Please give him a hug from us :) Love You, Madison

Edited by nikegal, 26 December 2016 - 09:07 AM.

#72 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

Go Hawks!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 11,651 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
GolfWRX Likes : 7576

Posted 26 December 2016 - 09:14 AM

Happy Boxing Day all in here! Obviously not a subject of the Queen but wanted to be the first to say it!

#73 gussie

gussie

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117053
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:15 PM

Great thread lads love the honesty Patrick
My question is did you ever get to play with any of the great European players
Specifically Seve and both Irish Christy's senior and junior

#74 naval2006

naval2006

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 265866
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 211

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:27 PM

This thread is unbelievable.  Keep it rolling Ranger.

I have a question if I may.

How much were you able to control the ball in your prime? Is there a way to gauge that among top rated pros playing every week the toughest courses?

#75 rangersgoalie

rangersgoalie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:48 PM

View Postgussie, on 26 December 2016 - 01:15 PM, said:

Unfortunately didn't get to play with Seve.  Had lunch a couple times with him, and watched him a lot on the range.  My daughter is a musician, and watching Seve practice was like watching a talented musician play.

Neve r got to play with either senior or junior O'Conner

Played with Faldo when he was at his peak, and was one of the few times I was really impressed by a player controlling the flight and distance of his shots.

#76 straightshot7

straightshot7

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66294
GolfWRX Likes : 854

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:50 PM

Thanks Richard and Patrick, great thread.

Patrick I hurt my wrist playing golf (hit it fat from a muddy lie in the woods)...not to the degree that you did...but I couldn't swing a club without pain for several months...

Starting to play again and want to prevent that from ever happening again...I do intend never to hit it fat again : ) but not likely...

Anyways care to share your recommendation on strengthening exercises or just general findings/wisdom on that issue?

Thanks so much for sharing. God bless.

#77 rangersgoalie

rangersgoalie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:54 PM

View Poststraightshot7, on 24 December 2016 - 08:31 PM, said:

Leadbetter over-complicates and takes a player too far from their natural tendencies in my opinion. Confidence is very fragil and you can't try to fit everyone into a cookie cutter swing without risking the loss of their feel and confidence.

View Postnaval2006, on 26 December 2016 - 03:27 PM, said:

How much were you able to control the ball in your prime? Is there a way to gauge that among top rated pros playing every week the toughest courses?

View Postnaval2006, on 26 December 2016 - 03:27 PM, said:

I felt comfortable moving the ball both directions,mand was pretty good at flighting the ball in windy conditions.  Some of my biggest moves up a leaderboard were in very hard winds.  It was fun to hit shots like that, but sometimes I would over complicate a straight forward shot trying to "create" something

As far as gauging that now, I'm really not sure.  I certainly believe the ability to shape a shot under the gun can be a huge advantage.  Tiger was pretty underrated in that regard I think.  The ability to go vertical with shots has probably taken place of curving it into tight pins.  When I started in the dark ages, there weren't to many guys that could hit it up an elevator shaft.  Now everyone it seems can go vertical when needed.  That ability to launch it when needed is shotmaking IMO, just different than curving it

Edited by rangersgoalie, 26 December 2016 - 06:55 PM.

#78 JonnyKrasnodar

JonnyKrasnodar

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 440224
GolfWRX Likes : 372

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:06 PM

View Postrangersgoalie, on 26 December 2016 - 06:48 PM, said:

Unfortunately didn't get to play with Seve.  Had lunch a couple times with him, and watched him a lot on the range.  My daughter is a musician, and watching Seve practice was like watching a talented musician play.

Played with Faldo when he was at his peak, and was one of the few times I was really impressed by a player controlling the flight and distance of his shots.

What was Faldo at his peak like as a person? Might have been an off day but recently had the displeasure of being in his company and was thoroughly disappointed with his attitude and so called advice.

He doesn't have a great rep these days but has he always been that way?

#79 cardoustie

cardoustie

haha, we don't play for 5's

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65255
  • Handicap:3.6
GolfWRX Likes : 4930

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:08 PM

Pls pass along you tips for two weaknesses ..

Fairway bunker shots

15-40 yard pitches off of dead wet dormant Bermuda
TaylorMade '16 m2 11* Fuji Motore TS 6.2x
TaylorMade '17 m1 15* 3HL Fuji TS 8.2s
Callaway GBB '16 3w 17* Fubuki Tour 73x
Callaway Apex 4h & 5h Kuro Kage 80s
PIng s55 6 - PW Nippon Tour 1150GH x
Vokey SM2 50* & 54*M TVD s400
Vokey SM5 58*M & 62*T s400
Titleist Scotty Cameron X7m

#80 MattyO1984

MattyO1984

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59978
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 1987

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:08 PM

Hi Rangersgoalie

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions on here.

On your travels did you ever make it over to the UK? If you did what courses did you enjoy playing?

Also when it came to equipment, what brands did you use whilst on tour? Did you ever have to use a club or clubs or a ball that you knew wasn't the best for your game? How much difference did it make if you did?

Thank you.

Titleist 917D2 9.5 Stiff Speeder Pro 74
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
Titleist 712U 3 Iron Stiff KBS Tour
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
Titleist Vokey SM5 52.08 and 56.10
Titleist Vokey SM6 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#81 cardoustie

cardoustie

haha, we don't play for 5's

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65255
  • Handicap:3.6
GolfWRX Likes : 4930

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:16 PM

No more mamby pambying .. you and RP .. Oakmont .. US open conditions and tees .. give us the results and how you came to this conclusion ?  A good am vs tour pro debate IMO
TaylorMade '16 m2 11* Fuji Motore TS 6.2x
TaylorMade '17 m1 15* 3HL Fuji TS 8.2s
Callaway GBB '16 3w 17* Fubuki Tour 73x
Callaway Apex 4h & 5h Kuro Kage 80s
PIng s55 6 - PW Nippon Tour 1150GH x
Vokey SM2 50* & 54*M TVD s400
Vokey SM5 58*M & 62*T s400
Titleist Scotty Cameron X7m

#82 rangersgoalie

rangersgoalie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:54 PM

View PostJonnyKrasnodar, on 26 December 2016 - 07:06 PM, said:

What was Faldo at his peak like as a person? Might have been an off day but recently had the displeasure of being in his company and was thoroughly disappointed with his attitude and so called advice.

I probably have a different approach to Faldo due to my relationship with Leadbetter.  Faldo was distant and quiet, but actually very courteous.  Played in the last group with him on a Saturday in Asia, and he was quiet, but very nice.  Could see how he'd put some people off though, like I said, being around those guys in the lake Nona days probably made him a little more comfortable with me.  Plus, I didn't really care if anybody liked me or not.  I would definitely tell you if he treated my poorly, he did not

#83 rangersgoalie

rangersgoalie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:57 PM

View PostJonnyKrasnodar, on 26 December 2016 - 07:06 PM, said:

View Postcardoustie, on 26 December 2016 - 07:08 PM, said:

Fairway bunker shots

View Postcardoustie, on 26 December 2016 - 07:08 PM, said:

Fairway bunker shots

1) don't hit it in fairway bunkers!  I was not very good at them to be honest.  I think being short hurt, only because Norman and dan Forsman hit better fairway bunker shots than anyone I personally witnessed and the were tall...my excuse...too short
What basically worked for me was quieting my legs a lot, and basically play more draw.  But I was borderline bad at it.  If the sand was very firm, I was fine, soft, I was pretty bad

2) on the pitches, I had wedges with two pretty different bounce angles
My 55 degree was had 9 degrees of bounce, and my 59 had 4 degrees.  In the dormant, I would open the face more and use the 56 with more bounce.  I had a lot of forward lean at impact, and the bounce was my friend

Edited by rangersgoalie, 26 December 2016 - 08:00 PM.

#84 JonnyKrasnodar

JonnyKrasnodar

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 440224
GolfWRX Likes : 372

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:58 PM

Thanks for taking the time to reply again. Interesting stuff.

#85 rangersgoalie

rangersgoalie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:02 PM

View Postcardoustie, on 26 December 2016 - 07:16 PM, said:

No more mamby pambying .. you and RP .. Oakmont .. US open conditions and tees .. give us the results and how you came to this conclusion ?  A good am vs tour pro debate IMO

I never played Oakmont, so I really can't make an honest smart assed comment about this....unfortunately.
On the current Oakmont, it certainly looks like my 265 straight would leave me a hell of a long day on approach shots though

Edited by rangersgoalie, 26 December 2016 - 08:03 PM.

#86 rangersgoalie

rangersgoalie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:09 PM

View PostMattyO1984, on 26 December 2016 - 07:08 PM, said:

Hi Rangersgoalie

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions on here.

On your travels did you ever make it over to the UK? If you did what courses did you enjoy playing?

Also when it came to equipment, what brands did you use whilst on tour? Did you ever have to use a club or clubs or a ball that you knew wasn't the best for your game? How much difference did it make if you did?

Thank you.

Played 95 Open at St Andrews.  When more time have a pretty long good story for that week.  
Played Carnoustie in 1996 Scottish and got my a** thoroughly kicked missing th cut
Played Old Links at St Anne's trying to qualify fort he Open.  Missed by one or two

I played Cleveland Tour Action 588s most of my regular tour career until continental airlines lost them...a very sad day
Played Taylor mades,for a bit after that

When I started playing after 50 I started with Srixons and for I shed up with TM blades when I got injured

I never signed with club companies unless I was already playing the club.  Mostlyndid corporate deals so I could play whatever I liked

#87 Forged4ever

Forged4ever

Putting is 98%+ Mental...Numbers & Mechanics? Yea Right€

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 13,654 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183106
GolfWRX Likes : 23107

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:46 PM

Bro, an Elite Am beat me by 6 under those conditions(and I Played well, haha) and he couldn't even make the cut at a Web.com event, lol

Next question :)

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend⛳️
RP
I Love Her Not For The Way That She Dances With My Angels~

But For The Way That The Sound Of Her Voice Can Silence My Demons....

GHIN: Beefeater 24

#88 rangersgoalie

rangersgoalie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:42 AM

View Poststraightshot7, on 26 December 2016 - 06:50 PM, said:

Thanks Richard and Patrick, great thread.

Patrick I hurt my wrist playing golf (hit it fat from a muddy lie in the woods)...not to the degree that you did...but I couldn't swing a club without pain for several months...

Starting to play again and want to prevent that from ever happening again...I do intend never to hit it fat again : ) but not likely...

Anyways care to share your recommendation on strengthening exercises or just general findings/wisdom on that issue?

Thanks so much for sharing. God bless.

Best advice was my hand surgeon.  If you ask yourself if you should be hitting the shot you're about to, or asking yourself if something is the right thing to do with the wrist, the answer is NO!
Don't just strengthen the worst and hand.  Make certain to do forearm, upper arm and shoulder work as well.  The weakest link will likely bite you if you jam a shot or get hung up in deep grass.  No specific exercises though, doing general strength, flexibility, and stabilizing stuff is huge

#89 rangersgoalie

rangersgoalie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:46 AM

View PostForged4ever, on 26 December 2016 - 11:46 PM, said:

Bro, an Elite Am beat me by 6 under those conditions(and I Played well, haha) and he couldn't even make the cut at a Web.com event, lol

Next question :)

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend⛳️
RP

Us open conditions and tees, I would likely need to play well to beat 76 or 77.  And that's WITHOUT that US Open sign officially in play!!

#90 agatha

agatha

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:46 AM

Best advice was my hand surgeon.  If you ask yourself if you should be hitting the shot you're about to, or asking yourself if something is the right thing to do with the wrist, the answer is NO!
Don't just strengthen the worst and hand.  Make certain to do forearm, upper arm and shoulder work as well.  The weakest link will likely bite you if you jam a shot or get hung up in deep grass.  No specific exercises though, doing general strength, flexibility, and stabilizing stuff is huge

Im no expert but when my son had a wrist injury in high school the PT told him for strengthening to fill a container with dry rice (enough to put your hand in and move it around freely). the rice acts as a slight resistance and helps to strengthen the wrist slowly.  At least thats what I got out of it.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors