Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Tour AD-GP or Tour AD-TP??


144 replies to this topic

#121 SC-TX 88

SC-TX 88

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 258742
  • Joined: 06/25/2013
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 195

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:58 PM

Any long term reviews between the TP and GP?  Been playing the GP in Driver and 3wd. Building a new 3wd and wanting to give the TP a go.

TC GBB 8.5 (turned down to 7.5) w/Black Mamba 70TX & 2017 TI M2 8.5 (8.8 actual) with KK DC XT 70TX  tipped 0.5
M2 2017 TI T3 (actual 13.7) w/GD AD TP 8X tipped 0.5
M2 2016 TI18 w/ Fujikura 93X Pro Spec tipped 0.5
TM UDI 2 w/Aldila RIP 115 S / TM UDI 1 w/Aldila RIP 115X
TM 770 3-5, TM 750 6-PW w/Nippon SPB X
Raw SM6 50.08F, Raw SM6 54.08M, Wedge Works SM6 V Gring or Raw 60K Links (50 Nippon SPB X, 54/60 DGTI S400)
Toulon Atlanta
Rotate between gap wedge, 5 wood and 1/2/3 irons depending on course

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#122 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,483 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 1836

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:05 PM

View PostSC-TX 88, on 12 February 2018 - 09:58 PM, said:

Any long term reviews between the TP and GP?  Been playing the GP in Driver and 3wd. Building a new 3wd and wanting to give the TP a go.

Still have never tried the TP.  Overall, I've been pretty happy with my GP.  I feel like I can swing out of my shoes and the shaft is still there with me.  A week or two ago PXG was at my club so I tried one of their drivers with the Tensei White and Orange.  They felt so much softer in the handle than the GP it got me to wondering if I'd like that feeling... Idk.  Just a thought.
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
Ping G15 - Looking to replace
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
23* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
5-PW Yururi Flat Back Raw (Black) - DGTI X100s
GW, SW Royal Collect Dual Bite - DGTI S400s
Lob Wedge - SM6 MGrind - DGTI S400
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

2

#123 SC-TX 88

SC-TX 88

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 258742
  • Joined: 06/25/2013
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 195

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:41 PM

View Postebrasmus21, on 12 February 2018 - 10:05 PM, said:

View PostSC-TX 88, on 12 February 2018 - 09:58 PM, said:

Any long term reviews between the TP and GP?  Been playing the GP in Driver and 3wd. Building a new 3wd and wanting to give the TP a go.

Still have never tried the TP.  Overall, I've been pretty happy with my GP.  I feel like I can swing out of my shoes and the shaft is still there with me.  A week or two ago PXG was at my club so I tried one of their drivers with the Tensei White and Orange.  They felt so much softer in the handle than the GP it got me to wondering if I'd like that feeling... Idk.  Just a thought.

Funny you say that, Tensei White was another shaft I was thinking of looking into.
TC GBB 8.5 (turned down to 7.5) w/Black Mamba 70TX & 2017 TI M2 8.5 (8.8 actual) with KK DC XT 70TX  tipped 0.5
M2 2017 TI T3 (actual 13.7) w/GD AD TP 8X tipped 0.5
M2 2016 TI18 w/ Fujikura 93X Pro Spec tipped 0.5
TM UDI 2 w/Aldila RIP 115 S / TM UDI 1 w/Aldila RIP 115X
TM 770 3-5, TM 750 6-PW w/Nippon SPB X
Raw SM6 50.08F, Raw SM6 54.08M, Wedge Works SM6 V Gring or Raw 60K Links (50 Nippon SPB X, 54/60 DGTI S400)
Toulon Atlanta
Rotate between gap wedge, 5 wood and 1/2/3 irons depending on course

3

#124 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,483 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 1836

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:54 PM

View PostSC-TX 88, on 12 February 2018 - 10:41 PM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 12 February 2018 - 10:05 PM, said:

View PostSC-TX 88, on 12 February 2018 - 09:58 PM, said:

Any long term reviews between the TP and GP?  Been playing the GP in Driver and 3wd. Building a new 3wd and wanting to give the TP a go.

Still have never tried the TP.  Overall, I've been pretty happy with my GP.  I feel like I can swing out of my shoes and the shaft is still there with me.  A week or two ago PXG was at my club so I tried one of their drivers with the Tensei White and Orange.  They felt so much softer in the handle than the GP it got me to wondering if I'd like that feeling... Idk.  Just a thought.

Funny you say that, Tensei White was another shaft I was thinking of looking into.

The feel between the GP and the White was surprisingly different.  I'm not a shaft-whisperer so there are many others with more expertise than I but with that said I was amazed how different the White felt to me.  Not in a bad way, it just felt like it had some life in the handle.  Tip was quite stiff.
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
Ping G15 - Looking to replace
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
23* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
5-PW Yururi Flat Back Raw (Black) - DGTI X100s
GW, SW Royal Collect Dual Bite - DGTI S400s
Lob Wedge - SM6 MGrind - DGTI S400
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

4

#125 gambit

gambit

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120529
  • Joined: 01/14/2011
  • Location:Bay Area
GolfWRX Likes : 830

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:57 PM

I hated the GP. Felt harsh and dead. TP is a really good shaft. DI on steroids with lower spin. That said I'd take the Pro White over both...pro orange if you like counterbalance and lighter wallet.

Ping G400 LST w/ Tensei Orange v3 60TX
Ping G400 3w w/ KK XT 70TX
Titleist 818 H1 19* w/ Tensei Pro White 90X
Titleist 718 T-MB 4i / AP2 5-9 w/ PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 Raw 48F, 52F. 56S, 60M (all bent 1* strong) w/ PX LZ 6.5
Byron Morgan DH89 or 612 or  Epic Day

5

#126 SC-TX 88

SC-TX 88

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 258742
  • Joined: 06/25/2013
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 195

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:10 PM

View Postgambit, on 13 February 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

I hated the GP. Felt harsh and dead. TP is a really good shaft. DI on steroids with lower spin. That said I'd take the Pro White over both...pro orange if you like counterbalance and lighter wallet.

Do they make the Pro White 80 only in TX?  I see those keep popping up on the bay but no X. I usually like an X tipped slightly in my 3wd instead of a TX.
TC GBB 8.5 (turned down to 7.5) w/Black Mamba 70TX & 2017 TI M2 8.5 (8.8 actual) with KK DC XT 70TX  tipped 0.5
M2 2017 TI T3 (actual 13.7) w/GD AD TP 8X tipped 0.5
M2 2016 TI18 w/ Fujikura 93X Pro Spec tipped 0.5
TM UDI 2 w/Aldila RIP 115 S / TM UDI 1 w/Aldila RIP 115X
TM 770 3-5, TM 750 6-PW w/Nippon SPB X
Raw SM6 50.08F, Raw SM6 54.08M, Wedge Works SM6 V Gring or Raw 60K Links (50 Nippon SPB X, 54/60 DGTI S400)
Toulon Atlanta
Rotate between gap wedge, 5 wood and 1/2/3 irons depending on course

6

#127 Gtyler14

Gtyler14

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 442830
  • Joined: 10/08/2016
  • Location:Va
  • Handicap:+2.2
  • Ebay ID:Repsol_rr
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:59 PM

View PostSC-TX 88, on 13 February 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

View Postgambit, on 13 February 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

I hated the GP. Felt harsh and dead. TP is a really good shaft. DI on steroids with lower spin. That said I'd take the Pro White over both...pro orange if you like counterbalance and lighter wallet.

Do they make the Pro White 80 only in TX?  I see those keep popping up on the bay but no X. I usually like an X tipped slightly in my 3wd instead of a TX.

Just a TX in the 80
Nike vapor flex 9.5 fubuki j 70x tipped 3/4 44" Diamana limited D+70 tipped 1
Tour issue M1 9.5 w/ Kuro Kage 70xts tipped 1 or atmos blue 8x tipped 1
16 Tour issue M1 T3 14.3 Kuro Kage 90xts tipped 1 42.5
Tour issue TM m1 3HL 17.8 fujikura p95x tipped 1 41.75
TM UDI 2 w/ hzrdus 105x 40.25 or TM 790 UDI x100 39.75
TM 750 tour Proto 3-pw tour issue x100
TM MG AB 54 Tour issue  x100
TM MG AB 60 tour issue x100
Nike method 001
Scotty Cameron select Newport 2
Change setup based on course

7

#128 Peanut191

Peanut191

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 299122
  • Joined: 02/27/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 585

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:13 PM

View Postgambit, on 13 February 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

I hated the GP. Felt harsh and dead. TP is a really good shaft. DI on steroids with lower spin. That said I'd take the Pro White over both...pro orange if you like counterbalance and lighter wallet.

Gambit, what did you think of the feel difference and performance difference between the AD TP and the Pro White?
M2 10.5, set to 9.75, D5, KK XT 70s
M2 Tour 16.5, Diamana Thump 85s
Titleist 913 21* Kiyoshi White 95 04 flex
Srixon 745 4-PW, Dynamic Gold 115s
Vokey 56F 14 bounce, Vokey Wedgeworks 60K 6 bounce
Scotty Newport 1.5

8

#129 SC-TX 88

SC-TX 88

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 258742
  • Joined: 06/25/2013
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 195

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:43 PM

View PostGtyler14, on 13 February 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

View PostSC-TX 88, on 13 February 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

View Postgambit, on 13 February 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

I hated the GP. Felt harsh and dead. TP is a really good shaft. DI on steroids with lower spin. That said I'd take the Pro White over both...pro orange if you like counterbalance and lighter wallet.

Do they make the Pro White 80 only in TX?  I see those keep popping up on the bay but no X. I usually like an X tipped slightly in my 3wd instead of a TX.

Just a TX in the 80

Is the TX too much for a 3wd?  I used to be 113-118 max with the driver, but have been going through some changes to get shallower and dont quite have that speed back yet.
TC GBB 8.5 (turned down to 7.5) w/Black Mamba 70TX & 2017 TI M2 8.5 (8.8 actual) with KK DC XT 70TX  tipped 0.5
M2 2017 TI T3 (actual 13.7) w/GD AD TP 8X tipped 0.5
M2 2016 TI18 w/ Fujikura 93X Pro Spec tipped 0.5
TM UDI 2 w/Aldila RIP 115 S / TM UDI 1 w/Aldila RIP 115X
TM 770 3-5, TM 750 6-PW w/Nippon SPB X
Raw SM6 50.08F, Raw SM6 54.08M, Wedge Works SM6 V Gring or Raw 60K Links (50 Nippon SPB X, 54/60 DGTI S400)
Toulon Atlanta
Rotate between gap wedge, 5 wood and 1/2/3 irons depending on course

9

#130 gambit

gambit

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120529
  • Joined: 01/14/2011
  • Location:Bay Area
GolfWRX Likes : 830

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:46 PM

View PostPeanut191, on 13 February 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

View Postgambit, on 13 February 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

I hated the GP. Felt harsh and dead. TP is a really good shaft. DI on steroids with lower spin. That said I'd take the Pro White over both...pro orange if you like counterbalance and lighter wallet.

Gambit, what did you think of the feel difference and performance difference between the AD TP and the Pro White?

The pro white will definitely be lower flight and spin. Both are super smooth. I think the white is a bit lore stable as far dispersion goes.

Ping G400 LST w/ Tensei Orange v3 60TX
Ping G400 3w w/ KK XT 70TX
Titleist 818 H1 19* w/ Tensei Pro White 90X
Titleist 718 T-MB 4i / AP2 5-9 w/ PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 Raw 48F, 52F. 56S, 60M (all bent 1* strong) w/ PX LZ 6.5
Byron Morgan DH89 or 612 or  Epic Day

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#131 gambit

gambit

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120529
  • Joined: 01/14/2011
  • Location:Bay Area
GolfWRX Likes : 830

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:47 PM

View PostSC-TX 88, on 13 February 2018 - 06:43 PM, said:

View PostGtyler14, on 13 February 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

View PostSC-TX 88, on 13 February 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

View Postgambit, on 13 February 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

I hated the GP. Felt harsh and dead. TP is a really good shaft. DI on steroids with lower spin. That said I'd take the Pro White over both...pro orange if you like counterbalance and lighter wallet.

Do they make the Pro White 80 only in TX?  I see those keep popping up on the bay but no X. I usually like an X tipped slightly in my 3wd instead of a TX.

Just a TX in the 80

Is the TX too much for a 3wd?  I used to be 113-118 max with the driver, but have been going through some changes to get shallower and don’t quite have that speed back yet.

TX is their X designation for the pro series. It’s not any stiffer than an X
Ping G400 LST w/ Tensei Orange v3 60TX
Ping G400 3w w/ KK XT 70TX
Titleist 818 H1 19* w/ Tensei Pro White 90X
Titleist 718 T-MB 4i / AP2 5-9 w/ PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 Raw 48F, 52F. 56S, 60M (all bent 1* strong) w/ PX LZ 6.5
Byron Morgan DH89 or 612 or  Epic Day

11

#132 WHC888

WHC888

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107191
  • Joined: 04/30/2010
  • Location:Houston & Tulsa
  • Handicap:7.9
GolfWRX Likes : 2573

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:52 PM

I switched from M2 w/ GP 6s to M3 w/ TP 6s.
Like many other have said already, TP feel much smoother than GP (due to softer tip??) and it produces better numbers for me.
After I'm done with my driver testing I'll then give the new IZ shaft a try as well.
Taylormade M3 440 9* w/  Tour AD TP 6s (-3/4")
Taylormade M4 Tour 3 Wood 15* w/ Tour AD IZ 6s
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons KBS FLT
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons KBS C Taper Lite
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons KBS $ Taper

NIKE OVEN  Engage Wedges 46*/51*/55* Mike Taylor Specials
NIKE OVEN  Prototype 1/1 Long Slant Neck 006  
NIKE OVEN  Long Slant Neck Origin B2-05

Callaway Rogue SZ 9* w/  Tour AD TP 6s (-3/4")







Posted Image

12

#133 Peanut191

Peanut191

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 299122
  • Joined: 02/27/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 585

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:11 PM

View Postgambit, on 13 February 2018 - 06:46 PM, said:

View PostPeanut191, on 13 February 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

View Postgambit, on 13 February 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

I hated the GP. Felt harsh and dead. TP is a really good shaft. DI on steroids with lower spin. That said I'd take the Pro White over both...pro orange if you like counterbalance and lighter wallet.

Gambit, what did you think of the feel difference and performance difference between the AD TP and the Pro White?

The pro white will definitely be lower flight and spin. Both are super smooth. I think the white is a bit lore stable as far dispersion goes.

So the TP feels a bit more soft?
M2 10.5, set to 9.75, D5, KK XT 70s
M2 Tour 16.5, Diamana Thump 85s
Titleist 913 21* Kiyoshi White 95 04 flex
Srixon 745 4-PW, Dynamic Gold 115s
Vokey 56F 14 bounce, Vokey Wedgeworks 60K 6 bounce
Scotty Newport 1.5

13

#134 SC-TX 88

SC-TX 88

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 258742
  • Joined: 06/25/2013
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 195

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:13 PM

View Postgambit, on 13 February 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

View PostSC-TX 88, on 13 February 2018 - 06:43 PM, said:

View PostGtyler14, on 13 February 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

View PostSC-TX 88, on 13 February 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

View Postgambit, on 13 February 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

I hated the GP. Felt harsh and dead. TP is a really good shaft. DI on steroids with lower spin. That said I'd take the Pro White over both...pro orange if you like counterbalance and lighter wallet.

Do they make the Pro White 80 only in TX?  I see those keep popping up on the bay but no X. I usually like an X tipped slightly in my 3wd instead of a TX.

Just a TX in the 80

Is the TX too much for a 3wd?  I used to be 113-118 max with the driver, but have been going through some changes to get shallower and dont quite have that speed back yet.

TX is their X designation for the pro series. Its not any stiffer than an X

Ah, I had no idea. Thanks!
TC GBB 8.5 (turned down to 7.5) w/Black Mamba 70TX & 2017 TI M2 8.5 (8.8 actual) with KK DC XT 70TX  tipped 0.5
M2 2017 TI T3 (actual 13.7) w/GD AD TP 8X tipped 0.5
M2 2016 TI18 w/ Fujikura 93X Pro Spec tipped 0.5
TM UDI 2 w/Aldila RIP 115 S / TM UDI 1 w/Aldila RIP 115X
TM 770 3-5, TM 750 6-PW w/Nippon SPB X
Raw SM6 50.08F, Raw SM6 54.08M, Wedge Works SM6 V Gring or Raw 60K Links (50 Nippon SPB X, 54/60 DGTI S400)
Toulon Atlanta
Rotate between gap wedge, 5 wood and 1/2/3 irons depending on course

14

#135 SC-TX 88

SC-TX 88

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 258742
  • Joined: 06/25/2013
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 195

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:21 PM

View PostPeanut191, on 13 February 2018 - 07:11 PM, said:

View Postgambit, on 13 February 2018 - 06:46 PM, said:

View PostPeanut191, on 13 February 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

View Postgambit, on 13 February 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

I hated the GP. Felt harsh and dead. TP is a really good shaft. DI on steroids with lower spin. That said I'd take the Pro White over both...pro orange if you like counterbalance and lighter wallet.

Gambit, what did you think of the feel difference and performance difference between the AD TP and the Pro White?

The pro white will definitely be lower flight and spin. Both are super smooth. I think the white is a bit lore stable as far dispersion goes.

So the TP feels a bit more soft?

Im building a M2 T3 (13.7 actual loft), do you think the pro white would be too low launch?  For me the 3wd is mainly a tee club, if I cant get there with my 5 wood off the deck its not worth me going for.  In theory it seems like the TP would be more versatile but Im curious on others thoughts who have hit either.  I have no problem elevating the GP 8X I have in my M2 currently (14.2 loft). Thanks.

TC GBB 8.5 (turned down to 7.5) w/Black Mamba 70TX & 2017 TI M2 8.5 (8.8 actual) with KK DC XT 70TX  tipped 0.5
M2 2017 TI T3 (actual 13.7) w/GD AD TP 8X tipped 0.5
M2 2016 TI18 w/ Fujikura 93X Pro Spec tipped 0.5
TM UDI 2 w/Aldila RIP 115 S / TM UDI 1 w/Aldila RIP 115X
TM 770 3-5, TM 750 6-PW w/Nippon SPB X
Raw SM6 50.08F, Raw SM6 54.08M, Wedge Works SM6 V Gring or Raw 60K Links (50 Nippon SPB X, 54/60 DGTI S400)
Toulon Atlanta
Rotate between gap wedge, 5 wood and 1/2/3 irons depending on course

15

#136 Komarms

Komarms

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 273593
  • Joined: 08/29/2013
  • Location:Canada/Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 135

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:48 PM

I’ve got the TP 60x in my driver. Great driver shaft, smooth and tight dispersion. I thought it might play soft at my ss but that wasn’t the case at all. Would be interested in trying the 60TX just to compare
Taylormade Tour Issue M2 9.5 - Tour AD TP 6X
Taylormade Tour Issue M2 3 wood - Blueboard 83X
Taylormade Tour Issue M2 5 wood - Blueboard 83X
Taylormade P790 3 iron - Dynamic Gold x100
Srixon Z745 4-9 - Dynamic Gold x100
Titleist SM6 48, 54, 60 - S400
Scotty Cameron & Crown Newport 2

16

#137 gambit

gambit

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120529
  • Joined: 01/14/2011
  • Location:Bay Area
GolfWRX Likes : 830

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:06 PM

View PostPeanut191, on 13 February 2018 - 07:11 PM, said:

View Postgambit, on 13 February 2018 - 06:46 PM, said:

View PostPeanut191, on 13 February 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

View Postgambit, on 13 February 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

I hated the GP. Felt harsh and dead. TP is a really good shaft. DI on steroids with lower spin. That said I'd take the Pro White over both...pro orange if you like counterbalance and lighter wallet.

Gambit, what did you think of the feel difference and performance difference between the AD TP and the Pro White?

The pro white will definitely be lower flight and spin. Both are super smooth. I think the white is a bit lore stable as far dispersion goes.

So the TP feels a bit more soft?

Not soft, but just smoother. The GP is really butt stiff. I like a firm butt as much as anyone, but she has to be hot lol. Seriously, if you're deciding between these two shafts then TP all day everyday and twice on Sunday.
Ping G400 LST w/ Tensei Orange v3 60TX
Ping G400 3w w/ KK XT 70TX
Titleist 818 H1 19* w/ Tensei Pro White 90X
Titleist 718 T-MB 4i / AP2 5-9 w/ PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 Raw 48F, 52F. 56S, 60M (all bent 1* strong) w/ PX LZ 6.5
Byron Morgan DH89 or 612 or  Epic Day

17

#138 gambit

gambit

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120529
  • Joined: 01/14/2011
  • Location:Bay Area
GolfWRX Likes : 830

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:08 PM

View PostSC-TX 88, on 13 February 2018 - 07:21 PM, said:

View PostPeanut191, on 13 February 2018 - 07:11 PM, said:

View Postgambit, on 13 February 2018 - 06:46 PM, said:

View PostPeanut191, on 13 February 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

View Postgambit, on 13 February 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

I hated the GP. Felt harsh and dead. TP is a really good shaft. DI on steroids with lower spin. That said I'd take the Pro White over both...pro orange if you like counterbalance and lighter wallet.

Gambit, what did you think of the feel difference and performance difference between the AD TP and the Pro White?

The pro white will definitely be lower flight and spin. Both are super smooth. I think the white is a bit lore stable as far dispersion goes.

So the TP feels a bit more soft?

I'm building a M2 T3 (13.7 actual loft), do you think the pro white would be too low launch?  For me the 3wd is mainly a tee club, if I can't get there with my 5 wood off the deck it's not worth me going for.  In theory it seems like the TP would be more versatile but I'm curious on others thoughts who have hit either.  I have no problem elevating the GP 8X I have in my M2 currently (14.2 loft). Thanks.

Why not try the Tensei Pro Blue 80TX? I have it in my 4w and 5w (set to play at 20*) and it's a great shaft. It's like the best version of a Blueboard I've ever hit. This is going by never seeing you hit a ball obviously.
Ping G400 LST w/ Tensei Orange v3 60TX
Ping G400 3w w/ KK XT 70TX
Titleist 818 H1 19* w/ Tensei Pro White 90X
Titleist 718 T-MB 4i / AP2 5-9 w/ PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 Raw 48F, 52F. 56S, 60M (all bent 1* strong) w/ PX LZ 6.5
Byron Morgan DH89 or 612 or  Epic Day

18

#139 SC-TX 88

SC-TX 88

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 258742
  • Joined: 06/25/2013
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 195

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:42 PM



Ive played a OG Blueboard in the past, I have a pretty quick/aggressive transition (former hockey player, still too much hit in my swing Im trying to work out) and it wasnt a great fit for me. The 8.2 TS and GP have both performed well, and for no other reason I just want to try something new.
TC GBB 8.5 (turned down to 7.5) w/Black Mamba 70TX & 2017 TI M2 8.5 (8.8 actual) with KK DC XT 70TX  tipped 0.5
M2 2017 TI T3 (actual 13.7) w/GD AD TP 8X tipped 0.5
M2 2016 TI18 w/ Fujikura 93X Pro Spec tipped 0.5
TM UDI 2 w/Aldila RIP 115 S / TM UDI 1 w/Aldila RIP 115X
TM 770 3-5, TM 750 6-PW w/Nippon SPB X
Raw SM6 50.08F, Raw SM6 54.08M, Wedge Works SM6 V Gring or Raw 60K Links (50 Nippon SPB X, 54/60 DGTI S400)
Toulon Atlanta
Rotate between gap wedge, 5 wood and 1/2/3 irons depending on course

19

#140 gambit

gambit

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120529
  • Joined: 01/14/2011
  • Location:Bay Area
GolfWRX Likes : 830

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:49 PM

View PostSC-TX 88, on 13 February 2018 - 10:42 PM, said:


I’ve played a OG Blueboard in the past, I have a pretty quick/aggressive transition (former hockey player, still too much “hit” in my swing I’m trying to work out) and it wasn’t a great fit for me. The 8.2 TS and GP have both performed well, and for no other reason I just want to try something new.

The Tensei Pro Blue is more stable than the OG Blueboard. If the 8.2 was a good fit have you thought about the Atmos black or blue?

Ping G400 LST w/ Tensei Orange v3 60TX
Ping G400 3w w/ KK XT 70TX
Titleist 818 H1 19* w/ Tensei Pro White 90X
Titleist 718 T-MB 4i / AP2 5-9 w/ PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 Raw 48F, 52F. 56S, 60M (all bent 1* strong) w/ PX LZ 6.5
Byron Morgan DH89 or 612 or  Epic Day

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#141 SC-TX 88

SC-TX 88

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 258742
  • Joined: 06/25/2013
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 195

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:56 PM

View Postgambit, on 13 February 2018 - 10:49 PM, said:

View PostSC-TX 88, on 13 February 2018 - 10:42 PM, said:


Ive played a OG Blueboard in the past, I have a pretty quick/aggressive transition (former hockey player, still too much hit in my swing Im trying to work out) and it wasnt a great fit for me. The 8.2 TS and GP have both performed well, and for no other reason I just want to try something new.

The Tensei Pro Blue is more stable than the OG Blueboard. If the 8.2 was a good fit have you thought about the Atmos black or blue?

Tried the Blue in a driver, could not get along with it. The black might be a good option I havent hit that yet.
TC GBB 8.5 (turned down to 7.5) w/Black Mamba 70TX & 2017 TI M2 8.5 (8.8 actual) with KK DC XT 70TX  tipped 0.5
M2 2017 TI T3 (actual 13.7) w/GD AD TP 8X tipped 0.5
M2 2016 TI18 w/ Fujikura 93X Pro Spec tipped 0.5
TM UDI 2 w/Aldila RIP 115 S / TM UDI 1 w/Aldila RIP 115X
TM 770 3-5, TM 750 6-PW w/Nippon SPB X
Raw SM6 50.08F, Raw SM6 54.08M, Wedge Works SM6 V Gring or Raw 60K Links (50 Nippon SPB X, 54/60 DGTI S400)
Toulon Atlanta
Rotate between gap wedge, 5 wood and 1/2/3 irons depending on course

21

#142 adam2883

adam2883

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 404670
  • Joined: 12/03/2015
  • Location:Virginia
  • Handicap:+3
  • Ebay ID:stumpy2883
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:44 PM

View PostSC-TX 88, on 13 February 2018 - 10:56 PM, said:

View Postgambit, on 13 February 2018 - 10:49 PM, said:

View PostSC-TX 88, on 13 February 2018 - 10:42 PM, said:

I've played a OG Blueboard in the past, I have a pretty quick/aggressive transition (former hockey player, still too much "hit" in my swing I'm trying to work out) and it wasn't a great fit for me. The 8.2 TS and GP have both performed well, and for no other reason I just want to try something new.

The Tensei Pro Blue is more stable than the OG Blueboard. If the 8.2 was a good fit have you thought about the Atmos black or blue?

Tried the Blue in a driver, could not get along with it. The black might be a good option I haven't hit that yet.

I was playing the Pro White 70TX for a while in 2016, tried the Pro Blue 70TX but didn't care for it and went back to the white, few months later went to the Pro Orange V2. But picked up a tour issue m2 3 wood head and in a pinch right before a tournament I just threw the Pro Blue into it and it hasn't left the bag. I get a good mid launch off the deck and mid/high off the tee with it, and low spin.

I am currently playing the TP 7x in my driver, as said above the shaft is very smooth but stable feeling. Outside of the hybrid shaft, I was never a big fan of GD shafts but this thing won me over pretty quickly. Put it on trackman and up against the Pro White, V2 orange, and the T1100 and it easily gave me my best numbers. Having said that, after the good results I did try it in my 3 wood and did not like it at all so I went back to the Pro blue.
Driver: 2017 Tour Issue Taylormade M1 8.5 w/Tour AD TP 7X
3 Wood: 2016 Tour Issue Taylormade M2 w/ Tensei Pro Blue 70TX
Hybrid: PXG 0317 17* w/ HC Project X Even Flow Black 85g 6.5
Irons: Taylormade UDI 3 iron w/ GD Tour AD DI 105x
          Mizuno MP-18 MMC 4-9 iron w/Project X 6.5
Wedges: Vokey SM7 RAW 46-52-58 w/Project X 6.0
Putter: Custom made Slighter Protoype


Short games don't matter if you hit better approach shots

22

#143 scottleo

scottleo

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52725
  • Joined: 04/01/2008
  • Handicap:5.6
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:30 PM

How does the TP & GP compare to the Di and the new IZ?  I'm looking for driver and 3 wood shaft to increase my launch, but keep spin low.

Edited by scottleo, 14 February 2018 - 04:28 PM.

Rogue 10.5 GD IZ 6s
Titleist H1 21* & 25* GDHY 85s
Srixon 565/765 5-AW N.S. Pro Modus 105s
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M N.S.Pro Modus Wedge 115
Bettinardi Queen B6/B8
Taylormade TP5X

23

#144 taylormade4life

taylormade4life

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14766
  • Joined: 05/13/2006
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:2.5
GolfWRX Likes : 128

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:14 PM

View Postscottleo, on 14 February 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

How does the TP & GP compare to the Di and the new IZ?  I'm looking for driver and 3 wood shaft to increase my launch, but keep spin low.

I have tried all of these and can share my experience.

Originally got fit between the GP and the TP. I originally tried a DI6 in S and X and a 7S but didn't like any of them. Very high launch and no control. I swing about 105 avg but have a quick load and aggressive release.

Fast forward to trying the TP 6 and GP 6 but both in stiff because they are both more mid/low launch with low spin. I hit a low spin ball (1900ish) so I don't want to be too little spin.

The GP was great, a little boardy but was just too low. I averaged 10-10.5* LA with 1800ish spin and was not able to get the optimal carry. The TP was about 12.5* LA at 1950ish spin and carry was 8-10 yards longer because of the launch. I hit a few longer with the GP but if it was a carry only hole, I would be in trouble.

I ended up settling on a TP 6 and love it. I put it against an IZ and found the IZ to be between the DI and the TP, which was still too tip soft for me. It launched close to the same as the TP (13* LA) but 2500ish spin.

In terms of high to low launch and spin
DI/IZ/TP/GP

I just worried the GP would be too demanding at the end of the day. I highly recommend the TP.

Also, in regards to driver and 3 wood.. I currently play a TP6S in my driver and a DI8S in my 3 wood. The DI8 was a phenomenal shaft for me in my 3/5 woods... Totally opposite experience than I had with it in the driver. I picked up a hzrdus yellow 76 6.0 to try with the 3 wood to try and get a little more distance to gap it better. The DIs are great in fairways, but if I had the extra coin I would be curious to try a TP7 in my 3 wood.

Edited by taylormade4life, 17 February 2018 - 09:17 PM.


24

#145 scottleo

scottleo

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52725
  • Joined: 04/01/2008
  • Handicap:5.6
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:15 PM

View Posttaylormade4life, on 17 February 2018 - 09:14 PM, said:

View Postscottleo, on 14 February 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

How does the TP & GP compare to the Di and the new IZ?  I'm looking for driver and 3 wood shaft to increase my launch, but keep spin low.

I have tried all of these and can share my experience.

Originally got fit between the GP and the TP. I originally tried a DI6 in S and X and a 7S but didn't like any of them. Very high launch and no control. I swing about 105 avg but have a quick load and aggressive release.

Fast forward to trying the TP 6 and GP 6 but both in stiff because they are both more mid/low launch with low spin. I hit a low spin ball (1900ish) so I don't want to be too little spin.

The GP was great, a little boardy but was just too low. I averaged 10-10.5* LA with 1800ish spin and was not able to get the optimal carry. The TP was about 12.5* LA at 1950ish spin and carry was 8-10 yards longer because of the launch. I hit a few longer with the GP but if it was a carry only hole, I would be in trouble.

I ended up settling on a TP 6 and love it. I put it against an IZ and found the IZ to be between the DI and the TP, which was still too tip soft for me. It launched close to the same as the TP (13* LA) but 2500ish spin.

In terms of high to low launch and spin
DI/IZ/TP/GP
Thanks for the feedback....

I just worried the GP would be too demanding at the end of the day. I highly recommend the TP.

Also, in regards to driver and 3 wood.. I currently play a TP6S in my driver and a DI8S in my 3 wood. The DI8 was a phenomenal shaft for me in my 3/5 woods... Totally opposite experience than I had with it in the driver. I picked up a hzrdus yellow 76 6.0 to try with the 3 wood to try and get a little more distance to gap it better. The DIs are great in fairways, but if I had the extra coin I would be curious to try a TP7 in my 3 wood.
Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by scottleo, 23 February 2018 - 12:15 PM.

Rogue 10.5 GD IZ 6s
Titleist H1 21* & 25* GDHY 85s
Srixon 565/765 5-AW N.S. Pro Modus 105s
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M N.S.Pro Modus Wedge 115
Bettinardi Queen B6/B8
Taylormade TP5X

25



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors