Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

How much a golf simulator cost ?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 jmaubert

jmaubert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27808
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:15 PM

I will be very interrested in buying a golf simulator as you see in mamy local golf shop...
If anybody have a price idea ,that would be great

Thanks

Edited by jmaubert, 11 February 2008 - 08:16 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 andersi

andersi

swing hard and look up

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15110
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:32 PM

I believe simulators for homes are built on a custom basis, so the cost varies. I saw a "What's in the Bag" episode that had a feature about them on the Golf Channel and they mentioned that one of these installations was between $48,000 and $60,000.
Titleist 910 D3 9.5* w/Project X-7C3
Titleist 906f4 15.5* w/VS Proto 80-S
Titleist 906f4 18.5* w/VS Proto 80-S
Ping i20 4-UW w/CFS S Cushin
Cleveland 588 Forged RTG 54*/58*
Ping Scottsdale TR ZB S

#3 jmaubert

jmaubert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27808

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:39 PM

thanks  a lot for your price idea

#4 mizunodude

mizunodude

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24671

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:52 PM

projector $1200.00  - 9 ft screen $245.00 -laptop $ 650.00-  mesh net surround $ 175.00  - Dancin Dog simulator pad $350.00    
  HOME SIMULATOR ALL MY BUDDIES WISH THEY HAD  P.R.I.C.E.L.E.S.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and the tiger woods game that came with the dancin dogg

#5 Les

Les

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19004
  • Ebay ID:elephant_shoes

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:59 PM

I looked into this when building my new home this year.  Check these guys out www.p3proswing.com

#6 chris777

chris777

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 248 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37792
  • Handicap:6.0
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:07 PM

knew someone who was looking into getting one. here is what i remember.

there are two different options for a golf simulator like you see in golf shops.

one "custom built" into your house will cost between 40 and 60 thousand. alternatively you can get one that fits into a room but is not built into the room. the one he got, from a company called dead solid golf is of this type. it was still alot, like 30-40 thousand, but less than a custom built one. it came with a projector, computer, big screen, and cage. The cage is just sitting in the middle of a big room.

one more thing, i know he couldnt get a few different ones because of the dimension requirements. some require 11' high ceilings.
PING G25 9.5 AD-DI6
Titleist 910 D RIP Alpha
Titleist 910 H Diamana
PING i20 4-PW PX
RTX CB 52*, Vokey SM 56*, EYE2 XG 60*
PING Scottsdale TR B60 w/ SS 3.0

#7 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

Hall of Fame

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,548 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
GolfWRX Likes : 557

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:12 PM

The company I work for owns two of them, they cost over $40K each.  You could probably save some money putting together the hitting bay yourself, but the software will cost you some $$$$.  Also upgrading the premium courses such as Pebble  etc. will cost you another $2K++.    Also plan on a little R and M along the way, for projector bulbs etc.  

They are pretty cool but I think the novelty wears off pretty quick for the price.  I think you would need to have a lot of disposible income to justify getting one.  JMO.
Titleist 910 10.5
Nike Covert 3 wood,Ping I20 5 wood
Titleist 910 H 21*
Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 4-P
SC Bullseye Flange
Miura 53* Y grind, SM2 58.12

#8 Roughneck

Roughneck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18646

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:42 AM

I think for a home simulator, the pro-swing would be great.  That "Eagle" sim is no more than a high quality pool table or half-decent hot tub.  And i think you could get it much cheaper by going piece-meal.  really all you need from those guys is the mat and sensor.  I'm sure a better and cheaper projector could be had from somewhere like Dell, and a HomeDepot probably has some heavy canvas that you can use as a screen so you don't need the net.

#9 hkgolf

hkgolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46038

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:56 AM

My friend just got one of these:  http://www.dancindogg.com/  Much cheaper than conventional simulators

#10 DaWiZZinAUS

DaWiZZinAUS

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48409
  • Ebay ID:Wicka27

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:16 AM

Is this dancin dogg thing legit.  As in are the reading for real etc because i am abotu to build a new house and this thing looks pretty cool for such a cheap price

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 Southern Ca Boy

Southern Ca Boy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34311
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:26 PM

Full Swing is the brand that is at PGA Tour events.

Said to be the best out there.

#12 hbear

hbear

Major Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,127 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3507
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:38 PM

About Golf is a good one.
About $50k.
Taylormade SLDR 430 10.5* w/ Ahina 70x
Callaway XHot Pro 15* w/ Ahina 80x
Callaway XHot Pro Hybrid w/ Ahina 80x
Mizuno MP60 3-PW w/ DG X100
Odyssey ProType #2
Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 60*, Vokey 64*

#13 gdsgolf

gdsgolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57772

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:16 PM

Get a good used Full Swing unit. It will run you around $20K but will last forever and be $35K less than new.

#14 VRGolfGuy

VRGolfGuy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67684

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:59 PM

Hey All,

My specialty is golf simulators & swing analyzers. I have had years of experience and have done tonnes of research.

There are multiple systems out there with several different technologies. The three best systems (in each price category) are the Dancin' Dogg at $449 CDN (for basic portable use, no real simulation), the P3ProSwing at $1,095 CDN (my personal favorite as it is the best bang for the buck), and the GolfTek System at about $39,000 CDN (for luxury homes and major commercial installs) - oh yeah, there is also a GolfTek home practice center version that costs about $15,000 CDN.

The Dancin' Dogg features an turf covered infrared sensor pad with basic swing analytics and a course with overhead only view. It interfaces with Tiger Woods and is good for a gaming / basic system. A computer is required and you can add stance mats and nets/impact screens. You can use any club in your bag, but sole tape is required on the bottom of your woods & putter. The unit must be used indoors and in a light-controlled area. The turf is nice, but it needs to be replaced if used too much. You only need enough room to swing a club and you can take this anywhere.

The P3ProSwing features an extremely durable 70 durometer rubber (one grade above tire rubber) sensor pad with 65 infrared sensors with 12-point swing analytics, a driving range, putting green, full 18-hole golf course and a Tiger Woods interface. The system is 99.9% accurate, is a PGA Learning Center Technology Partner, and is backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. The basic system can be setup and taken down within minutes and is really easy to operate. The graphics are great and can really make you feel like you are on the course. This system can be used with your computer and your projector to give you the full simulation. You can add stance mats, nets/impact screens, games, video capture, launch angle, and more. You can use any club in your bag, but sole tape is required on the bottom of your woods & putter. The unit must be used indoors and in a light-controlled area. The surface of the pad looks fragile, but is incredibly durable - I have abused mine for over 2 years and it still looks like new. You only need enough room to swing a club and you can take this anywhere.

The GolfTek system is very similar to the About Golf and Full Swing Systems, just at a better price. GolfTek was the first company to develop golf simulators and they have perfected the technology. This system has multiple sensors and requires a large area along with overhead lights. The system is extremely accurate, has all the analytics you can imagine, and includes 12 courses based on real courses. The graphics are so real that you may never want to go out again, ok, maybe not that great, but you get the idea. There are over 50 courses in total available as well as extra features such as video capture. The analytics are intense and can be used for instruction, clubfitting or just self improvement. The requirements of the system make it only suitable for permanent installs, but if you are serious, there is no other system that compares to it.

I am the Canadian Reseller for all three of these systems and I have full stats on almost every feature of almost every system out there, so if you want to know more, just visit my website at www.par2pro.com, email or phone me.

My goal is to match the right system with each golfer... even if I don't sell my own systems :)

Take care & keep your eye on the ball!
Cory

Edited by VRGolfGuy, 15 October 2008 - 10:04 PM.

#15 boatrightgolf7

boatrightgolf7

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150389
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:30 AM

right here is the best of the best!

#16 russc

russc

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113539
GolfWRX Likes : 279

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:43 PM

andersi, on 11 February 2008 - 08:32 PM, said:

I believe simulators for homes are built on a custom basis, so the cost varies. I saw a "What's in the Bag" episode that had a feature about them on the Golf Channel and they mentioned that one of these installations was between $48,000 and $60,000.

You have got to be an addict to spend $60,000.

Edited by russc, 11 December 2011 - 07:49 PM.

#17 Birdiefinish

Birdiefinish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63097
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:05 PM

Guys, there's a new kid on the block...

Ever since the late 1990's I had a dream to have my own Indoor golf facility. I did a lot of research and what I found out was these two things:
1) They all say they are the best and the most accurate
2) They all still are exactly the same as they were 10 years ago. No progress. Nothing new. Very inaccurate short game...

Last spring I got a call from X Golf simulator and went to see one in CA. I was sold immediately! This simulator, hands down, is the most exciting and realistic golf simulator in the world. Their XPlate changes the lie according to the lie on the golf course, they have totally automatic ball feed, you dont have to go collect the balls anymore and it's the most accurate golf simulator out there. Even the most difficult part, short game, is spot on.

Immediately I bought one to our driving range and it's been a riot! The near by golf simulator sports bar lost its customers and now you have to book your teetimes well in advance to get to play this bad boy. I'd need to buy another one soon...

Its practice mode and course selection (80 courses for free!) make this even better product.

Check out there youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkK-BBZ5GMs

They cost from $40k up

#18 needmorepars

needmorepars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147337

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:35 PM

This is the one I'm thinking about getting. One of the few companies that will let you build your own system.

Pro Tee 2.0

#19 russc

russc

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113539
GolfWRX Likes : 279

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:40 PM

I recently read some info  about a new golf  analyzer ,Eswinggolf.com

Edited by russc, 19 December 2011 - 10:07 PM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors