Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 10 votes

#TheWRX: The EPIC Event at Callaway Golf. 8 Members are treated to TheWRX

callaway Callaway thewrx giveaway new driver

2511 replies to this topic

#31 J13

J13

    60% of the time, every time.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 12,218 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76984
  • Joined: 03/08/2009
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:+1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 4810

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:09 PM

View Postswanry30, on 08 December 2016 - 12:27 PM, said:

View PostQMany, on 08 December 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

I just want to start by saying thank you to GolfWRX and Callaway for this incredible opportunity. I think I speak for all of us when I say we are beyond excited for this experience.

If anyone has any questions for us or Callaway, just let us know! I'll do my best to provide updates and content during this jam-packed trip.

i still want someone to legitimately answer my question on mixed materials...

callaway nearly pioneered it - made if successful - went away from it - moved back to it (after another OEM made it popular again).  why move away from it?  why move back into it?

When we went on CallaWrx 1 the new CEO Chip Brewer was just taking over.  We had a meeting where they said the previous CEO didn't even play golf and cut costs everywhere and clubs suffered.  It's why they went away from the white hot insert as well then when back to it after Chip took over.  So the answer we got for why a lot of things changed was $$$$$.  I also believe improvements in how heads are constructed got better and more reliable.

Edited by J13, 08 December 2016 - 01:10 PM.

Callaway Epic GBB 9* (playing 8*) w/ Xphlexxx Agera) : 45.25" SW D4
Callaway Epic SZ 13.5 w/ Veylix Rome 888: 42.75" SW D3.5
Callaway 815 Alpha hybrid 20* (Veylix Rome 988X)
Srixon 745's 4-PW (Modus Tour 120 TX)
Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 Modus3 125 wedge shaft
Odyssey #2 PT Protype

WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1

#32 Pure745

Pure745

    The surgery was a success, but the patient died.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35341
  • Joined: 07/23/2007
  • Location:Orange County, CA
  • Handicap:+1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 7995

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:25 PM

View Postscratchswinger, on 08 December 2016 - 11:11 AM, said:

For the record Qmany is so excited because this will be his first time to ever see the ocean :taunt: ! Congrats to everyone going, have fun!

Quoting this just so we have a record of how excited QMany is  :tongue:

Anyways, super excited for those picked, very glad some friends and familiar names got chosen to go.  Excited to hear about your guys' trip!  Hopefully Callaway has the Madison Club dialed up for your round  :drinks: :partytime2:

Edited by Pure745, 08 December 2016 - 01:26 PM.

Callaway GBB TC 7˚ or Epic ECPC modified 8.5˚ - Fuji Atmos Black 7TX
Callaway Epic SZ 14˚ - Fuji Atmos Black 8TX
Honma 737 Tour World Vn 3-PW - DG Tour X7
Honma 737 Tour World 51˚, 55˚, 59˚ - DG Tour S400
Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box

Instagram: @pure745 https://www.instagram.com/pure745/

2

#33 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,561 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 17640

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:31 PM

This should be a lot of fun,  not just for the Callaway experience but also to meet the other guys going. Being in Montreal I don't get to meet a ton of real life WRX guys.

As others have said thanks to golfwrx for the opportunity,  and thanks to callaway for accommodating a Canadian (not always eligible for stuff) a lefty (not always eligible for stuff) and some other generous stuff too with travel

Look forward to updating you guys
Callaway Epic SubZero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 52, 56 w/S200
Callaway MD3 Milled 60/9 w/S300
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

3

#34 Pure745

Pure745

    The surgery was a success, but the patient died.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35341
  • Joined: 07/23/2007
  • Location:Orange County, CA
  • Handicap:+1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 7995

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:34 PM

View PostMtlJeff, on 08 December 2016 - 01:31 PM, said:

This should be a lot of fun,  not just for the Callaway experience but also to meet the other guys going. Being in Montreal I don't get to meet a ton of real life WRX guys.

As others have said thanks to golfwrx for the opportunity,  and thanks to callaway for accommodating a Canadian (not always eligible for stuff) a lefty (not always eligible for stuff) and some other generous stuff too with travel

Look forward to updating you guys

^^ bolded part can be a major.. or I should say, major, wildcard  :tongue:
Callaway GBB TC 7˚ or Epic ECPC modified 8.5˚ - Fuji Atmos Black 7TX
Callaway Epic SZ 14˚ - Fuji Atmos Black 8TX
Honma 737 Tour World Vn 3-PW - DG Tour X7
Honma 737 Tour World 51˚, 55˚, 59˚ - DG Tour S400
Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box

Instagram: @pure745 https://www.instagram.com/pure745/

4

#35 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,561 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 17640

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:43 PM

View PostPure745, on 08 December 2016 - 01:34 PM, said:

View PostMtlJeff, on 08 December 2016 - 01:31 PM, said:

This should be a lot of fun,  not just for the Callaway experience but also to meet the other guys going. Being in Montreal I don't get to meet a ton of real life WRX guys.

As others have said thanks to golfwrx for the opportunity,  and thanks to callaway for accommodating a Canadian (not always eligible for stuff) a lefty (not always eligible for stuff) and some other generous stuff too with travel

Look forward to updating you guys

^^ bolded part can be a major.. or I should say, major, wildcard  :tongue:

Well out of the 8 of us I can't yet identify the inevitable weird guy that everyone will secretly not like

Oh crap.  I think I heard a saying about that once

Callaway Epic SubZero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 52, 56 w/S200
Callaway MD3 Milled 60/9 w/S300
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

5

#36 Roadking_6

Roadking_6

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 405706
  • Joined: 12/14/2015
  • Location:Ohio
  • Ebay ID:Roadking_6
GolfWRX Likes : 970

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:47 PM

View PostMtlJeff, on 08 December 2016 - 01:43 PM, said:

View PostPure745, on 08 December 2016 - 01:34 PM, said:

View PostMtlJeff, on 08 December 2016 - 01:31 PM, said:

This should be a lot of fun,  not just for the Callaway experience but also to meet the other guys going. Being in Montreal I don't get to meet a ton of real life WRX guys.

As others have said thanks to golfwrx for the opportunity,  and thanks to callaway for accommodating a Canadian (not always eligible for stuff) a lefty (not always eligible for stuff) and some other generous stuff too with travel

Look forward to updating you guys

^^ bolded part can be a major.. or I should say, major, wildcard  :tongue:

Well out of the 8 of us I can't yet identify the inevitable weird guy that everyone will secretly not like

Oh crap.  I think I heard a saying about that once
Well, as you said....you are Canadian. :stop:

All in jest. Have fun and enjoy your time. I am sitting here jealous of the opportunity.

6

#37 Chomper

Chomper

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 895 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 304871
  • Joined: 03/31/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 289

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:48 PM

Have a great time - I will be following, see what is up w the folks in Carlsbad. Great town, btw, might be the only place in CA that I would move to.

7

#38 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

    Goodie Bags or Death

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,438 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 285110
  • Joined: 11/22/2013
  • Location:Las Vegas, NV
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 2698

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:17 PM

Have to echo Pure745, it's great to see that WRX selected guys who are a consistently positive addition to the site, instead of just a random draw.  Very jealous of you all, but I hope you have a blast, and I'll be following with serious interest!
SLDR 10.5* (UST VTS Silver 6x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue 70x)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-PW (KBS Tour S)
Cleveland 588 RTX 51* and 56* (S300) Vokey SM5 60 M Grind (wedge flex)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x/Snell MTB/ProV1x/B330

https://instagram.com/hurryupgolf/

8

#39 J13

J13

    60% of the time, every time.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 12,218 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76984
  • Joined: 03/08/2009
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:+1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 4810

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:29 PM

Look forward to following along with this  trip and glad for those who got chosen.  Have a great time fella's and don't worry about posting while there.  Trust me there won't be much time :D Really curious to see how the gamers vs Epic stats turn out.

Edited by J13, 08 December 2016 - 03:28 PM.

Callaway Epic GBB 9* (playing 8*) w/ Xphlexxx Agera) : 45.25" SW D4
Callaway Epic SZ 13.5 w/ Veylix Rome 888: 42.75" SW D3.5
Callaway 815 Alpha hybrid 20* (Veylix Rome 988X)
Srixon 745's 4-PW (Modus Tour 120 TX)
Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 Modus3 125 wedge shaft
Odyssey #2 PT Protype

WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

9

#40 chickenpotpie

chickenpotpie

    #TeamJetSpeed

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,387 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63615
  • Joined: 08/19/2008
  • Location:The Mitten
  • Handicap:5.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1249

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:56 PM

Enjoy it!  Looks like a good crew....

And don't worry about posting here until you get back.  Soak it all in while you are there.

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

10

#41 bruinsPATSirish

bruinsPATSirish

    Golf is hard.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,116 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205445
  • Joined: 10/02/2012
  • Location:Southeast US
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 3303

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:27 PM

View Postswanry30, on 08 December 2016 - 12:27 PM, said:

View PostQMany, on 08 December 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

I just want to start by saying thank you to GolfWRX and Callaway for this incredible opportunity. I think I speak for all of us when I say we are beyond excited for this experience.

If anyone has any questions for us or Callaway, just let us know! I'll do my best to provide updates and content during this jam-packed trip.

i still want someone to legitimately answer my question on mixed materials...

callaway nearly pioneered it - made if successful - went away from it - moved back to it (after another OEM made it popular again).  why move away from it?  why move back into it?

Great question, I will also like to hear their explanation on that one.

I am going to guess cost and materials. Price on carbon fiber production and material tech has dropped a lot in just the last 8 years or so.
bruinsPATSirish WITB!
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

11

#42 Boricua Golf

Boricua Golf

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137445
  • Joined: 08/23/2011
  • Location:Fredericksburg, VA
  • Handicap:4.1
  • Ebay ID:luisito11*11
GolfWRX Likes : 1109

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:36 PM

View PostHot Rod 71, on 08 December 2016 - 10:09 AM, said:

Hello everyone! I just wanted to stop in and say thanks to GolfWRX and to Callaway for this once in a lifetime trip. I'm super excited.

The eight of us have been communicating through PM for the last few weeks and everyone is pumped about the trip. We've exchanged phone numbers and email addresses in an effort to stay connected and provide everyone with updates without repetitious posting.

I will do my best to provided objective, unbiased reporting on the process and the outcome.

Rodney

We should get together and play a round once the weather gets better, I live in Fredericksburg and was part of the Gear Trials crew, congratulations btw, GolfWRX always does it big you will enjoy it to the max...
Driver---------------Ping G LS Tec 10.5*, Ping Alta 55 X Flex, tipped 1", 44.5"
FW Wood----------Ping G 15*, Diamana Whiteboard D+ 82X, tipped .5", 42.5"
Hybrid---------------Ping G 19*, Tour AD-DI 105X
Irons-----------------Ping iBlade 4-P, True Temper Tour Issue X100
Wedges-------------Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58* with X100s
Putter----------------Ping Oslo (Ping Nome TR as backup), 33.25" with SS Pistol GT Tour 1.0
Golf Ball-------------2017 Pro V1, K-Sigs and Chrome Soft X

12

#43 Forged4ever

Forged4ever

    Go Huge or GetTF Back On The Porch .....

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 13,123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183106
  • Joined: 05/26/2012
  • Location:The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene pool
GolfWRX Likes : 21967

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:01 PM

View PostHot Rod 71, on 08 December 2016 - 10:09 AM, said:

Hello everyone! I just wanted to stop in and say thanks to GolfWRX and to Callaway for this once in a lifetime trip. I'm super excited.

The eight of us have been communicating through PM for the last few weeks and everyone is pumped about the trip. We've exchanged phone numbers and email addresses in an effort to stay connected and provide everyone with updates without repetitious posting.

I will do my best to provided objective, unbiased reporting on the process and the outcome.

Rodney
Bro, I'm so glad that you got the nod!!

None more deserving on this board and I know there won't be any stoneless sugar coating from you, lol

Truth be told, THAT is why I'm glad that you're included in this little get together, haha

Stay well Bro, have fun and God Speed :)

My Best,
Richard
~ Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely pretty and with a well preserved body but to skid in broad side, thoroughly used up and totally worn and out loudly proclaiming "WOW, what a fackin ride!!!"

Remember.....

There ain't no mulligans Gents 🍻


GHIN: Beefeater 24

13

#44 Forged4ever

Forged4ever

    Go Huge or GetTF Back On The Porch .....

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 13,123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183106
  • Joined: 05/26/2012
  • Location:The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene pool
GolfWRX Likes : 21967

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:09 PM

View PostbruinsPATSirish, on 08 December 2016 - 03:27 PM, said:

View Postswanry30, on 08 December 2016 - 12:27 PM, said:

View PostQMany, on 08 December 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

I just want to start by saying thank you to GolfWRX and Callaway for this incredible opportunity. I think I speak for all of us when I say we are beyond excited for this experience.

If anyone has any questions for us or Callaway, just let us know! I'll do my best to provide updates and content during this jam-packed trip.

i still want someone to legitimately answer my question on mixed materials...

callaway nearly pioneered it - made if successful - went away from it - moved back to it (after another OEM made it popular again).  why move away from it?  why move back into it?

Great question, I will also like to hear their explanation on that one.

I am going to guess cost and materials. Price on carbon fiber production and material tech has dropped a lot in just the last 8 years or so.
I've still gotta RAZR Hawk TI that was a beast though I'll never be able to take advantage of that again but that was a saweeet driver!

Fairways & Greens 4ever,
RP
~ Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely pretty and with a well preserved body but to skid in broad side, thoroughly used up and totally worn and out loudly proclaiming "WOW, what a fackin ride!!!"

Remember.....

There ain't no mulligans Gents 🍻


GHIN: Beefeater 24

14

#45 Forged4ever

Forged4ever

    Go Huge or GetTF Back On The Porch .....

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 13,123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183106
  • Joined: 05/26/2012
  • Location:The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene pool
GolfWRX Likes : 21967

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:22 PM

Great group overall!!

WRX got it right with this one!

Enjoy the trip :)

All the Best,
RP

~ Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely pretty and with a well preserved body but to skid in broad side, thoroughly used up and totally worn and out loudly proclaiming "WOW, what a fackin ride!!!"

Remember.....

There ain't no mulligans Gents 🍻


GHIN: Beefeater 24

15

#46 Forged4ever

Forged4ever

    Go Huge or GetTF Back On The Porch .....

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 13,123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183106
  • Joined: 05/26/2012
  • Location:The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene pool
GolfWRX Likes : 21967

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:25 PM

View Postdrewtaylor21, on 08 December 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

Have to echo Pure745, it's great to see that WRX selected guys who are a consistently positive addition to the site, instead of just a random draw.  Very jealous of you all, but I hope you have a blast, and I'll be following with serious interest!
Yep, You and Tai nailed it as these Guys represent the best of WRX

Well, I'd throw you two in that group but with your Little Guys, you've go your hands full, lol

I hope you both are well as are your Little Men :)

Always,
Richard

Edited by Forged4ever, 08 December 2016 - 04:31 PM.

~ Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely pretty and with a well preserved body but to skid in broad side, thoroughly used up and totally worn and out loudly proclaiming "WOW, what a fackin ride!!!"

Remember.....

There ain't no mulligans Gents 🍻


GHIN: Beefeater 24

16

#47 Hot Rod 71

Hot Rod 71

    #TheWRX

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,540 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108037
  • Joined: 05/15/2010
  • Location:RVA
  • Handicap:low
GolfWRX Likes : 5317

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:34 PM

View PostBoricua Golf, on 08 December 2016 - 03:36 PM, said:

We should get together and play a round once the weather gets better, I live in Fredericksburg and was part of the Gear Trials crew, congratulations btw, GolfWRX always does it big you will enjoy it to the max...

I'd love to get together. Let's make it happen!

View PostForged4ever, on 08 December 2016 - 04:01 PM, said:

Bro, I'm so glad that you got the nod!!

None more deserving on this board and I know there won't be any stoneless sugar coating from you, lol

Truth be told, THAT is why I'm glad that you're included in this little get together, haha

Stay well Bro, have fun and God Speed :)

My Best,
Richard

Thanks, Richard, that means a lot to me.  You're one of my favorite GolfWRXers.
Callaway EPIC 9* - Diamana W Series 60X
Callaway XR16 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X
Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* - Diamana Blueboard 80X
Srixon Z765 4-PW - Nippon Pro Modus 120X
Cleveland RTX3 50, 54, 58 - Nippon Pro Modus 125X
Odyssey O-Works #1 Wide WBW
Srixon Z-Star XV
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Srixon Z-Star Series Test Panel 2013
Tensei CK Blue Test Panel 2015

#TheWRX 2016

17

#48 mackepa

mackepa

    #TheWRX

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38775
  • Joined: 09/04/2007
  • Location:Cincinnati, Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 1694

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:16 PM

View Postdrewtaylor21, on 08 December 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

Have to echo Pure745, it's great to see that WRX selected guys who are a consistently positive addition to the site, instead of just a random draw.  Very jealous of you all, but I hope you have a blast, and I'll be following with serious interest!

Thank you. Your post means a lot. When I got the invite and saw the guys I was going with a couple days later I was really floored. We've got a great group of guys and I've gotten to know them more over txt and PM. I'm even more excited to meet them in person.

#TheWRX 12/11/16

Fujikura Atmos Testing 3/17


Callaway WITB

EPIC SubZero  8* w/ AD TP 6s 44.75"

EPIC SubZero 14* w/ AD TP 7s 42.5"

Apex Hybrid 18* w/ AD-DI 85 stiff 1* flat

Apex UT 21* w/ Recoil 110 F5

Apex Pro 16 5-PW w/ Recoil 110 F5

MD Forged Raw 50,56,60 w/ Recoil 110 F4

Toulon Garage Austin 35.5"

18

#49 ZAP

ZAP

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,161 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 165699
  • Joined: 02/23/2012
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 789

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:24 PM

Can't wait to hear the stuff that happens.  It snowed here today and temps are supposed to be in the 20s for highs the next few days.  I'll need some entertainment.

19

#50 sethdavidsdad

sethdavidsdad

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105964
  • Joined: 04/07/2010
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 278

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:30 PM

Congrats guys! Can't wait to follow along

TM HL Jetspeed, Tour AD DI 6s
TM Mini driver 14*
TM Jetspeed 5 wood, TM 4 Hybrid
Mizuno MP5 P-5 Nippon 120x
Ping Ketsch slight arch
Ping Glide Wedges 52,56,60
WITB Link
@golfingasu

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 kekoa

kekoa

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,230 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Joined: 10/02/2008
  • Location:in the hole
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 1246

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:48 PM

Congrats guys.  Many good players got chosen for this one.  Looking forward to see if Callaway can put something together that will replace current sticks.

21

#52 ryldawg

ryldawg

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44298
  • Joined: 12/21/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:50 PM

You guys are going to have so much fun!  I got to hit he new stuff yesterday!  It is awesome and you get to try it with some awesome folks and way better weather than I did!

22

#53 Brizam

Brizam

    #theWRX

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 627 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117043
  • Joined: 11/04/2010
  • Location:Houston, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 448

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:02 PM

i said it in our group message to the other guys.

I'm really looking forward to spending a few days with people that are as into golf as I am. I'm a total club junkie so this is going to be a really good time.

Instagram

23

#54 tdk8180

tdk8180

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77908
  • Joined: 03/20/2009
  • Location:Parts Unknown
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 653

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:38 PM

Congrats to the people going on the trip.  I'm not jealous, that would be weak on my part.  Stay thristy my friends...for knowledge, that is.

Send us many, many, many pics.

I hate all of you...so...so much

I'm jealous



24

#55 hhems10

hhems10

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 286733
  • Joined: 12/04/2013
  • Location:Western Massachusetts
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:41 PM

Congrats guys.  Really looking forward to hearing all about the trip.  It'll be a lot of fun reading about it next week, hope you all have a blast.

Cobra King LTD   w/ UST elements chrome
Cobra King LTD 3 wood w/stock rogue
Callaway xhot 19* hybrid w/stock Callaway
Cobra fly z+/ pro irons  4-pw w/ Steelfiber i110's
Scor wedges 50-55-60 w/ stock kbs firm
Odyssey Versa #7
Snell MTB

25

#56 rileyprather

rileyprather

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 428664
  • Joined: 06/10/2016
  • Location:Northeast Connecticut
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:46 PM

You guys are going to have an absolute blast! Say hi to the ZooCrew for me!
WITB:
Callaway EPIC SZ - HZRDUS T800 6.0
Adams Speedline 15 - flavor of the month shaft
Titleist 913h 19 - Diamana blue
Bridgestone J15cb - DG Pro S300
Callaway MD3 - 52 - 56 - 60
O-Works 2 Ball

26

#57 GC70

GC70

    What's Next?

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,351 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62144
  • Joined: 08/02/2008
  • Location:State of Hockey
  • Handicap:7.1
GolfWRX Likes : 2209

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:48 PM

Come on let's see pictures already!!
Epic 9* HZRDUS T800 65 6.0
'17 M2 Tour 3HL Kiyoshi Tour LTD 70s
'17 M1 5-19* Kiyoshi Tour LTD 70s
P770 4-AW SteelFiber i95 S
SM6 54*/58* M
NIKE 006 Paul Casey Proto
TP5x/TP5/1X

WITB Link

27

#58 Sean2

Sean2

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 25,023 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 11647

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:55 PM

I too offer my sincere thanks to Callaway and GolfWRX for this wonderful opportunity. You could have knocked me over with a very small feather when I was asked if I wanted to go. This will be my first golf trip.

I started playing at 50 and am now 61. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have an opportunity like this. I'm still a bit in a state of shock.

Callaway GBB Epic 11º / Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana M+ 40 R
Callaway GBB Epic 16º / 20º / 24º /Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana M+ 50 S

Callaway CF16 / 6--AW / UST Recoil ES 460 F4
Callaway 54/10 MD Forged / UST Recoil ES 460 F4
Callaway 58/10 MD PM / UST Recoil ES 460 F4

Callaway 62/12 MD PM / UST Recoil ES 460 F4
Callaway Odyssey O-Works Tank #7

28

#59 PeanutsDaddy

PeanutsDaddy

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,591 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133046
  • Joined: 07/14/2011
  • Location:ON, Canada ('South Detroit')
GolfWRX Likes : 19507

Posted 08 December 2016 - 07:10 PM

I hope the experience is enjoyable for all.  Safe travels.
Cobra King F7
Wishon 929hs 16.5* + 21*
Wishon 775hs 4 - 5
Wishon 560 - 6 - 7
Wishon 575mmc 8 - PW
Mac Custom Grinds (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Betti, Machine, Mannkrafted, Scotty, Xenon

29

#60 Dscvrr St Louis

Dscvrr St Louis

    #CALLAWRX 12/12/12 & HOGAN Ft Worth

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,090 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105250
  • Joined: 03/23/2010
  • Location:St. Louis
  • Handicap:7.2
GolfWRX Likes : 1188

Posted 08 December 2016 - 07:46 PM

View PostSean2, on 08 December 2016 - 06:55 PM, said:

I too offer my sincere thanks to Callaway and GolfWRX for this wonderful opportunity. You could have knocked me over with a very small feather when I was asked if I wanted to go. This will be my first golf trip.

I started playing at 50 and am now 61. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have an opportunity like this. I'm still a bit in a state of shock.

Well Deserved....nuff said!! Enjoy!!

Callaway GBB SZ 2017 8.0(9.0-N/-1), XPHLEXXX Agera Red Stripe Stiff, Veylix Rome 788
BB Alpha 816 FW 14*(set to 15*) Xphlexxx Agera 70s, Rickie Pro 82X, Diamana BF 80 S, Veylix Rome 888S
BB Alpha 815 Hybrid 20*(Set to 19*)Veylix Rome 988 S
Srixon U45 UT Nippon Modus Tour 120 S
Srixon 565/765 Modus 3 Tour 120s , Apex Pro 16 Modus 3 Tour 120 X
Toulon Garage Long Island
Callaway MD3 50/54/58 Modus 120s/ Vega 50/54/58 Modus 115 Limited Blue


WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30




Also tagged with callaway, Callaway, thewrx, giveaway, new driver

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users


    BCULAW

GolfWRX Sponsors