Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Yeti on sale


76 replies to this topic

#61 Nick081974

Nick081974

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 380028
  • Joined: 06/10/2015
  • Location:Virginia Beach, VA
  • Ebay ID:08bullittstang
GolfWRX Likes : 59

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:04 PM

DAMN GOOD PRICE HERE!!!  Really wish I would have seen this thread before Christmas and they still had the fog instead of tan color as that is what the wife wanted.  And the sidekick for the hopper is even on sale!!!  Oh well such as life, weird because I have watched yeti coolers for a while and they never came down in price that is why I just bit the bullet!!  DAMN!!

- Taylormade M2 9.5
- Taylormade M2 3W
- Taylormade M2 3h
- Taylormade M2 4-PW
- Vokey SM6 50*, 56*, & 60*
- Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.5
- TM Tour Preferred X

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 Dr.Frankenputz

Dr.Frankenputz

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426654
  • Joined: 05/25/2016
  • Location:Wisconsin
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 144

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:15 PM

Can anyone with a yeti hopper 20 or rtic 20 comment on how they fit in the back of a cart?

2

#63 thevaporz

thevaporz

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151963
  • Joined: 12/22/2011
  • Location:San Diego
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 399

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:39 AM

All this cooler talk for golf is overkill. You guys don't support your cart girls? A lot of my local courses stock varieties of 16oz micro brew cans for like $6, which I don't mind springing for maybe up to 4 per round plus they give you a bag of ice if requested. I bring my own beers sometimes too and never have a problem getting ice if needed. Even for water a couple buddies bought hydroflasks and I laugh at them like they think the course water jugs or drinking fountains are poison water.

3

#64 Yanki01

Yanki01

    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58157
  • Joined: 06/17/2008
  • Location:Corpus Christi, TX
  • Handicap:5.3
GolfWRX Likes : 1746

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:24 AM

View Postthevaporz, on 04 January 2017 - 12:39 AM, said:

All this cooler talk for golf is overkill. You guys don't support your cart girls? A lot of my local courses stock varieties of 16oz micro brew cans for like $6, which I don't mind springing for maybe up to 4 per round plus they give you a bag of ice if requested. I bring my own beers sometimes too and never have a problem getting ice if needed. Even for water a couple buddies bought hydroflasks and I laugh at them like they think the course water jugs or drinking fountains are poison water.

??

not every course has cart girls. i play at nothing but muni's and the one CC i do play at doesn't either. I can't speak for those who take the cooler on the course, i'll throw a few beers in my bag and buy the rest at the course. i'll take my Yeti 30oz cup and get ice there, not a big a$$ cooler that can't fit in the basket. regarding drinking fountains, google "corpus christi water issues" and you'll know why i won't drink my local water.
915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 52.08F, 56.08M & 60.10S grind w/ DGx100 (8i shafts)
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 34/350G


WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec

4

#65 Yanki01

Yanki01

    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58157
  • Joined: 06/17/2008
  • Location:Corpus Christi, TX
  • Handicap:5.3
GolfWRX Likes : 1746

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:07 PM

I still won't bring the big coolers to the course nor do i own any yeti cooler, saw this small one today at a local mailing store. fairly new? $279 though they had it on "sale" for $259. looks small enough to fit into the basket of the cart but tall and wide to take up all the room. http://yeti.com/hopper-flip-12-cooler

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Yanki01, 05 January 2017 - 02:11 PM.

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 52.08F, 56.08M & 60.10S grind w/ DGx100 (8i shafts)
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 34/350G


WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec

5

#66 thevaporz

thevaporz

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151963
  • Joined: 12/22/2011
  • Location:San Diego
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 399

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:46 PM

$260 too keep 6 beers cold that will be consumed, still cold on their own, over a few hours of golf? No, thank you. I'll stick to free swag koozies.

6

#67 Yanki01

Yanki01

    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58157
  • Joined: 06/17/2008
  • Location:Corpus Christi, TX
  • Handicap:5.3
GolfWRX Likes : 1746

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:09 PM

View Postthevaporz, on 05 January 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

$260 too keep 6 beers cold that will be consumed, still cold on their own, over a few hours of golf? No, thank you. I'll stick to free swag koozies.

it can hold more but i'm with ya. though i'd store my Blue Bell Ice Cream sammiches in there.
915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 52.08F, 56.08M & 60.10S grind w/ DGx100 (8i shafts)
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 34/350G


WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec

7

#68 thevaporz

thevaporz

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151963
  • Joined: 12/22/2011
  • Location:San Diego
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 399

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:16 PM

Haha. Or for those times I am transporting a heart transplant and need to squeeze in a quick 18.

8

#69 chris975d

chris975d

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 797 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 404098
  • Joined: 11/27/2015
  • Location:Georgia
  • Ebay ID:jscott8307
GolfWRX Likes : 658

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:47 PM

View PostYanki01, on 04 January 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

View Postthevaporz, on 04 January 2017 - 12:39 AM, said:

All this cooler talk for golf is overkill. You guys don't support your cart girls? A lot of my local courses stock varieties of 16oz micro brew cans for like $6, which I don't mind springing for maybe up to 4 per round plus they give you a bag of ice if requested. I bring my own beers sometimes too and never have a problem getting ice if needed. Even for water a couple buddies bought hydroflasks and I laugh at them like they think the course water jugs or drinking fountains are poison water.

??

not every course has cart girls. i play at nothing but muni's and the one CC i do play at doesn't either. I can't speak for those who take the cooler on the course, i'll throw a few beers in my bag and buy the rest at the course. i'll take my Yeti 30oz cup and get ice there, not a big a$$ cooler that can't fit in the basket. regarding drinking fountains, google "corpus christi water issues" and you'll know why i won't drink my local water.

Yes to the part about course water coolers.  As a course operator myself, please...please...never drink from course "water jugs".  Way too many issues in the industry with sanitation of hand filled coolers, unless the course is putting forth the money for the in-cooler filtration systems (most don't...they are a hassle).  I did that for a few years, and then realized it was more cost effective to just install water fountains on the course.

9

#70 socied

socied

    GameCocks2011

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56957
  • Joined: 05/31/2008
  • Location:Wilmington NC
GolfWRX Likes : 478

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:59 AM

View PostDr.Frankenputz, on 03 January 2017 - 11:15 PM, said:

Can anyone with a yeti hopper 20 or rtic 20 comment on how they fit in the back of a cart?

Have the yeti (non flip) it does not fit in the back of the cart well. It will stuff in there, but it will come out of the top and you can't get much else in there. Ok...I'll just say it. You def cannot "hide" it in the basket :)


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 masegolf1978

masegolf1978

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18007
  • Joined: 08/17/2006
  • Location:Atlanta
  • Ebay ID:masegolf1978
GolfWRX Likes : 104

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:08 PM

Didn't want to start a new thread.  So I won a yeti hopper 40 today at a tournament.  I've always thought about getting a yeti, but probably a hopper 20.  The 40 is gigantic.  My question is, what should I do with it?  Obviously eBay is an option, but could I exchange it or return it to a retailer?
Bio cell pro set to 8.5 with stock red tie stiff
Titleist 970 4 wood (17 degree) with TF ei-70 stiff
585h 19 aldila nv 85
titleist 710 mb
Cleveland 588 53
Vokey 56
Tons of putters

11

#72 nitram

nitram

    Take Dead Aim

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,768 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28973
  • Joined: 05/15/2007
  • Location:WestOK, on the South Canadian Riviera
  • Ebay ID:fmrtrp
GolfWRX Likes : 960

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:30 PM

Return it to a retailer and get what you want.
M2 ('17 T.I.) 10.5* Kiyoshi Black 65-04
M2 ('17 T.I.) 3WD Veylix Rome 888X
Sonartec Md-19* Veylix Rome 988X
Srixon 745 4-7/945 8-P KBS Tour V 120X
Miura 1957 51, 55, & 59 Nippon SP Blue
Cameron 009 Prototype (A010656)

12

#73 Rory4Pres

Rory4Pres

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 363997
  • Joined: 02/25/2015
  • Location:Kansas City
  • Handicap:+0.1
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:53 PM

Keep it and drink 40 beers at a time.

For the record, my RTIC sucks. Very disappointed, ice lasts 36-48 hrs tops. My old "free" cooler lasts just about as long.

13

#74 FiveSixAce

FiveSixAce

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107824
  • Joined: 05/12/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 106

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:25 PM

View PostRory4Pres, on 10 October 2017 - 11:53 PM, said:

Keep it and drink 40 beers at a time.

For the record, my RTIC sucks. Very disappointed, ice lasts 36-48 hrs tops. My old "free" cooler lasts just about as long.

Strange.  I used my RTIC 45 during Hurricane Irma and it was awesome.  Still had ice in it after 7+ days.

14

#75 Dr.Frankenputz

Dr.Frankenputz

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426654
  • Joined: 05/25/2016
  • Location:Wisconsin
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 144

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:37 PM

I like my rtic stuff (2 soft coolers & cup/mug 20oz) as much as my yeti stuff. Seems to be similar quality. Less overpriced with rtic.


15

#76 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 10,561 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50335
  • Joined: 03/01/2008
  • Location:Euharlee, GA
GolfWRX Likes : 1859

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:45 AM

They're on sale because they've changed the hopper design. If you want the Yeti name, buy the new one and thank me later. I have the hopper. It's a pain in the butt to get ice and drinks in and out of. The new one has a flip top instead of the zipper up top.

I've got a hopper 30 because they gave us one at work. I have a tundra because I bought it before there were alternatives. I also have 2 RTIC's and they're every bit as good at holding ice and keeping stuff cold. Have Yeti and RTIC cups both. Both work well. It's a name is all it is

Edited by RookieBlue7, 12 October 2017 - 11:47 AM.


16

#77 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 10,561 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50335
  • Joined: 03/01/2008
  • Location:Euharlee, GA
GolfWRX Likes : 1859

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:47 AM

View PostYanki01, on 05 January 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

I still won't bring the big coolers to the course nor do i own any yeti cooler, saw this small one today at a local mailing store. fairly new? $279 though they had it on "sale" for $259. looks small enough to fit into the basket of the cart but tall and wide to take up all the room. http://yeti.com/hopper-flip-12-cooler

Posted Image

Posted Image

Get the RTIC lunch box. It's the same size. Works every bit as well. And is $80. I've got one and it's perfect for the course

17



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors