Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Comparison-- Tensei Orange V2, Kuro Kage Dual Core XT, Tensei Pro White

67 replies to this topic

#1 TollBros

TollBros

Overseer of the Test Range

• Sponsors
  • 2,240 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
GolfWRX Likes : 1629

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:25 PM

Full disclosure, I am part of a test panel for OEM's on prototype and pre production product. We test and hit the mass majority of high end and name product in the market place before most of you ever see it. We offer feedback and data to the manufacturers, presumably so they can make alterations or final decisions on shaft profiles, wedge or iron designs, driver cg's, etc. The perk of this job is that we get to hit, and often times have access to products long before they ever hit store shelves. The negative is lots of blisters and a sore back. :) I get questions on prototype shafts a lot, so I figured I would help clarify on some of the hottest current profiles. Because I am employeed, I have cleared this post with my boss, and have also been told that I cannot supply a lot of raw data, because honestly, that's why we still have jobs doing this. :)

Shaft Name: Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Orange V2

Launch + Spin Characteristics: Tensei Orange V2 launches very much like the Tensei Pro Blue model, however the spin rate is very much like Tensei Pro White. For those of you who have not hit white or blue, blue is similar to blueboard profile and white is simliar to whiteboard profile. Tensei White is considered one of the top 2-3 lowest spinning shafts on the market, and Tensei Blue is considered to be one of the smoothest shafts on the market. Orange V2 combines those attributes.

Load Characteristics: V2 is very tip stiff, but because of the kevlar butt section, feels very very smooth without ever feeling demanding or as if it will not turn over. It has, what I have read called a linear load property, which I think perfectly describes it. It's as if the entire shaft is working in concert, not disconnected, as in overly tip stiff, overly loose in the mid section, etc. It's a very connected feeling shaft.

Balance Characteristics: V2 is slightly more counterbalanced than Tensei White, about 4 grams or so to achieve the same swingweight, but this offers two advantages. One is, more weight in the handle generally means slightly more swing speed, and more weight in the head means higher MOI and marginally higher ball speed. Nearly every player seems to pick up ball speed with this shaft.

Intended Player: The only player precluded from using this profile would be those with a very quick tempo or violent transition. For example, I doubt Nick Price or Jason Day would much like V2 orange. You don't have to velvet smooth to play V2, but it does tend to work best for players with an even tempo and load, regardless of swing speed.

Overall Analysis: If high launch, low spin, and increased ball speed are what you are after, you won't find a better shaft than Orange V2. As long as you aren't shotgun fast in transition, it is very accurate, easy to work both ways, and never feels as if you need to stand on it to get maximum results. If there is a definition of the shaft working for the player, this is it. One other great thing is that almost every tester seems to pick up 3-5 mph in ball speed with this shaft.

Shaft Name: Kuro Kage Dual Core XT

Launch + Spin Characteristics: Dual Core XT is the new version of XT that will come out some time in the summer of 2017. Launch and spin with this shaft can really be altered with tipping. It gets stiff very quickly the more you tip it. Moreso than most other profiles. At like tipping, compared to current model XT, it is a similar launch and as much as 500rpm less spin. It is also lower spin than Tensei Pro White, which was the previously lowest spin profile our group had tested. Launch is pretty similar overall to Tensei White, maybe ½ degree lower on average. If you struggle with very high spin, this shaft is the beginning and the end for you.

Load Characteristics: This shaft is a shaft that almost any player can play because of the smooth feel of the profile, but even the most aggressive of players won't find this shaft to get loose on them. It is, what my boss calls, an attack profile. Meaning you can go at it as hard as you want and it will stand up to whatever you deliver. There is a reason Rory McIlroy, Jason Day, and Brooks Koepka have been testing and in some cases playing this exact profile for the last couple of months.

Balance Characteristics: Dual Core XT is very similar to the current model in terms of balance, which is a bit more tip heavy than the Tensei Pro profiles. It will appeal to the player who likes more of a HZRDUS black type balance, ie more tip heavy.

Intended Player: Any player struggling with high spin, or a very aggressive player looking for shaft that he can absolutely stand on without worry.

Overall Analysis: A great shaft, similar in performance to Tensei Pro White, but with a different type of feel and balance. Ultra low spin without being ultra low launch. One of our guys first comment was, “this thing is going to make M2 a bigger monster than it already is.”

Shaft Name: Tensei Pro White

Launch + Spin Characteristics: Tensei White is what I would call a mid launch, low spin product. Before Dual Core XT, it was the lowest spin shaft we had ever tested.

Load Characteristics: The kevlar butt section of the Tensei line really takes a shaft that should feel stiff and hard to swing, and turns it into a very connected and managable feel. Some guys still feel it is a bit stiff to flex, but these players tend to not load the shaft very much at all. Quick transition guys can use Tensei Pro White, but a little more tipping is in order when compared to Dual Core XT.

Balance Characteristics: Tensei Pro White is pretty neutrally balanced, with maybe a hint toward being butt heavier than Dual Core XT, but not much. It will swingweight a couple points heavier than Tensei Pro Orange, with a very similar profile overall.

Intended Player: Well, Justin Rose, Tiger Woods, and Gary Woodland were the guys most famous for putting this shaft in play. All swing 120+ but without super violent transition. That said, all load the shaft pretty hard. It really is a shaft for a guy who brings some speed or is steep and generates a ton of spin.

Overall Analysis: Tensei Pro White is sort of the midline between Dual Core XT and Pro Orange. The feel is sort of in the middle, spin is in the middle as well, although Orange is within 100 or 200 rpm for most players. It is a great profile for those who feel the Orange is too smooth and the Dual Core XT is too tight, but still want massively low spin.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 TollBros

TollBros

• Sponsors
  • 2,240 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:29 PM

Hope this post helps you guys on what can be a confusing choice at times.

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

#3 gioguy21

gioguy21

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2415

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:30 PM

Thank you! very informative -- appreciate it!

G400 9* / X-Torsion Green 70TX

2017 M2 Tour 3HL / HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.0 Tipped 3/4"

BioCell+ 5W / Project X 8A4

Custom TM Blades ('14 TP MBs) 4-PW /  Modus 105X

MD Forged 52 (10), 58 (8)  /  DG TI S200

SC Adam Scott Modded Chromatic Bronze Futura 6M / 35.5"

TP5x OR ProV1

*Testing thanks to Aldila & GolfWRX* Aldila X-Torsion Copperhead 70TX

Aldila X-Torsion Black Mamba 70TX

#4 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,417 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
GolfWRX Likes : 5867

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:31 PM

Nice work and thank you :drinks:

#5 jokerusn

jokerusn

nice shoes

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,808 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447
  • Handicap:yes
  • Ebay ID:jokerusn
GolfWRX Likes : 630

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:38 PM

Very cool.  Thanks!  How would you compare the HZRDUS Black in performance to these?

M1(460) HZRDUSF7/F6Baffler Tour BlueR15 8.8 TS • UDI PX HB6J40/TP /DG/Kingston GSS KP1/SeeMore Mini-Giant DF
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WITB Link

#6 farmer

farmer

Hall of Fame

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,290 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70095
GolfWRX Likes : 2226

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:41 PM

Very interesting insight on how shafts come to the market.  When you test them, are they in full retail form, ie paint and graphics, or just labeled P1, P2?

#7 halfsumo

halfsumo

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 210503
GolfWRX Likes : 116

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:42 PM

Well now I have to get the Orange even though I didn't know it existed 5 minutes ago. Thanks.....?
G400 9* Speeder Evo ii 757 S
M2 Tour 3HL, Kuro Kage 70x
Apex Hybrid 18* Tour AD DI 85x
Apex UT 21* Recoil Prototype 110 F5
PING i200 5-PW Steelfiber i95s
Vokey SM5 50F, 54S, 58K
PING Ketsch

#8 Roadking_6

Roadking_6

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 405706
  • Ebay ID:Roadking_6
GolfWRX Likes : 1203

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:42 PM

Are you guys hiring?

#9 TollBros

TollBros

• Sponsors
  • 2,240 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:04 PM

jokerusn, on 08 December 2016 - 01:38 PM, said:

Very cool.  Thanks!  How would you compare the HZRDUS Black in performance to these?

HZRDUS Black is even tip heavier and lower launching than these. I don't want to get in trouble for giving too much data but dual core xt will launch higher (1-1.5 degrees) and spin less with similar balance.

#10 TollBros

TollBros

• Sponsors
  • 2,240 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:06 PM

farmer, on 08 December 2016 - 01:41 PM, said:

Very interesting insight on how shafts come to the market.  When you test them, are they in full retail form, ie paint and graphics, or just labeled P1, P2?

We test simultaniously with the Tour. Often times products have no, or very simple graphics early on, but as they become Tour ready, as in allowed to be put into actual tournament play, the oems always like to have a tv recognized graphic or color scheme.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 TollBros

TollBros

• Sponsors
  • 2,240 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:09 PM

halfsumo, on 08 December 2016 - 01:42 PM, said:

Well now I have to get the Orange even though I didn't know it existed 5 minutes ago. Thanks.....?

It really is a great shaft. Rickie Fowler just put a version into play this past week.

#12 tigercolt77

tigercolt77

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125743
  • Handicap:6.2
  • Ebay ID:tigercolt77
GolfWRX Likes : 172

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:11 PM

I want an Orange v2 soooooo bad! Thanks for sharing
Callaway GBB Epic Tensei Orange V2
Callaway GBB Epic 3W Rogue M
Callaway 815 Alpha 3h UST IROD 85
Srixon z965, z765, z565 4-PW PX LZ
Miura Custom BB Grind 50
Titleist Vokey SM5 Indigo 54v 58m
Scotty Cameron SS Newport 2.7

#13 getair23

getair23

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66377
GolfWRX Likes : 540

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:28 PM

Great reviews, thank you.

#14 starsail85

starsail85

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2663
GolfWRX Likes : 906

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:15 PM

Explain to me how a shaft can launch it higher without spinning it more ?
M1 440 9.5/ Oban hb 65x 43.5"
M2 Tour 15/ Oban hb 75x 42.5"
M1 19/ Oban Kiyoshi Gold 85x 41"
MP4 4-9 / Modus 3 105 x
MPt7 4808/5209/5715/6111
Ping Sigma Derby 33"

Iron specs 61.5 57 52.5 48 43.5 39 34.5 30 25.5 21
     "        35 2/8 35 7/8 36 4/8 37 1/8 37 6/8 38 3/8 39

#15 Harob11

Harob11

Harob11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76902
  • Ebay ID:harob111
GolfWRX Likes : 81

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:20 PM

TollBros, on 08 December 2016 - 01:25 PM, said:

Full disclosure, I am part of a test panel for OEM's on prototype and pre production product. We test and hit the mass majority of high end and name product in the market place before most of you ever see it. We offer feedback and data to the manufacturers, presumably so they can make alterations or final decisions on shaft profiles, wedge or iron designs, driver cg's, etc. The perk of this job is that we get to hit, and often times have access to products long before they ever hit store shelves. The negative is lots of blisters and a sore back. :) I get questions on prototype shafts a lot, so I figured I would help clarify on some of the hottest current profiles. Because I am employeed, I have cleared this post with my boss, and have also been told that I cannot supply a lot of raw data, because honestly, that's why we still have jobs doing this. :)

Shaft Name: Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Orange V2

Launch + Spin Characteristics: Tensei Orange V2 launches very much like the Tensei Pro Blue model, however the spin rate is very much like Tensei Pro White. For those of you who have not hit white or blue, blue is similar to blueboard profile and white is simliar to whiteboard profile. Tensei White is considered one of the top 2-3 lowest spinning shafts on the market, and Tensei Blue is considered to be one of the smoothest shafts on the market. Orange V2 combines those attributes.

Load Characteristics: V2 is very tip stiff, but because of the kevlar butt section, feels very very smooth without ever feeling demanding or as if it will not turn over. It has, what I have read called a linear load property, which I think perfectly describes it. It's as if the entire shaft is working in concert, not disconnected, as in overly tip stiff, overly loose in the mid section, etc. It's a very connected feeling shaft.

Balance Characteristics: V2 is slightly more counterbalanced than Tensei White, about 4 grams or so to achieve the same swingweight, but this offers two advantages. One is, more weight in the handle generally means slightly more swing speed, and more weight in the head means higher MOI and marginally higher ball speed. Nearly every player seems to pick up ball speed with this shaft.

Intended Player: The only player precluded from using this profile would be those with a very quick tempo or violent transition. For example, I doubt Nick Price or Jason Day would much like V2 orange. You don't have to velvet smooth to play V2, but it does tend to work best for players with an even tempo and load, regardless of swing speed.

Overall Analysis: If high launch, low spin, and increased ball speed are what you are after, you won't find a better shaft than Orange V2. As long as you aren't shotgun fast in transition, it is very accurate, easy to work both ways, and never feels as if you need to stand on it to get maximum results. If there is a definition of the shaft working for the player, this is it. One other great thing is that almost every tester seems to pick up 3-5 mph in ball speed with this shaft.

Shaft Name: Kuro Kage Dual Core XT

Launch + Spin Characteristics: Dual Core XT is the new version of XT that will come out some time in the summer of 2017. Launch and spin with this shaft can really be altered with tipping. It gets stiff very quickly the more you tip it. Moreso than most other profiles. At like tipping, compared to current model XT, it is a similar launch and as much as 500rpm less spin. It is also lower spin than Tensei Pro White, which was the previously lowest spin profile our group had tested. Launch is pretty similar overall to Tensei White, maybe ½ degree lower on average. If you struggle with very high spin, this shaft is the beginning and the end for you.

Load Characteristics: This shaft is a shaft that almost any player can play because of the smooth feel of the profile, but even the most aggressive of players won't find this shaft to get loose on them. It is, what my boss calls, an attack profile. Meaning you can go at it as hard as you want and it will stand up to whatever you deliver. There is a reason Rory McIlroy, Jason Day, and Brooks Koepka have been testing and in some cases playing this exact profile for the last couple of months.

Balance Characteristics: Dual Core XT is very similar to the current model in terms of balance, which is a bit more tip heavy than the Tensei Pro profiles. It will appeal to the player who likes more of a HZRDUS black type balance, ie more tip heavy.

Intended Player: Any player struggling with high spin, or a very aggressive player looking for shaft that he can absolutely stand on without worry.

Overall Analysis: A great shaft, similar in performance to Tensei Pro White, but with a different type of feel and balance. Ultra low spin without being ultra low launch. One of our guys first comment was, "this thing is going to make M2 a bigger monster than it already is."

Shaft Name: Tensei Pro White

Launch + Spin Characteristics: Tensei White is what I would call a mid launch, low spin product. Before Dual Core XT, it was the lowest spin shaft we had ever tested.

Load Characteristics: The kevlar butt section of the Tensei line really takes a shaft that should feel stiff and hard to swing, and turns it into a very connected and managable feel. Some guys still feel it is a bit stiff to flex, but these players tend to not load the shaft very much at all. Quick transition guys can use Tensei Pro White, but a little more tipping is in order when compared to Dual Core XT.

Balance Characteristics: Tensei Pro White is pretty neutrally balanced, with maybe a hint toward being butt heavier than Dual Core XT, but not much. It will swingweight a couple points heavier than Tensei Pro Orange, with a very similar profile overall.

Intended Player: Well, Justin Rose, Tiger Woods, and Gary Woodland were the guys most famous for putting this shaft in play. All swing 120+ but without super violent transition. That said, all load the shaft pretty hard. It really is a shaft for a guy who brings some speed or is steep and generates a ton of spin.

Overall Analysis: Tensei Pro White is sort of the midline between Dual Core XT and Pro Orange. The feel is sort of in the middle, spin is in the middle as well, although Orange is within 100 or 200 rpm for most players. It is a great profile for those who feel the Orange is too smooth and the Dual Core XT is too tight, but still want massively low spin.

What a fantastic post, thanks very much!

Drive 400 - Swing Faster. Drive Further. www.puredistancegolf.com/drive400

#16 Oldboy

Oldboy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30613
GolfWRX Likes : 485

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:38 PM

thanks for this