Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Srixon Z Four Stand Bag

Srixon Z Four stand bag

77 replies to this topic

#1 Dakeys06

Dakeys06

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 448392
  • Joined: 12/08/2016
  • Location:Atlanta
  • Ebay ID:Dakeys06
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:17 PM

Recently started thinking about this bag after my old Nike stand bag took its last breath.

Anyone on the forum have the Srixon Z Four stand bag that could offer a review? I searched and didn't find any threads on it.

The 11" top is enticing as my old bag only had an 8.5" top.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 Nixhex524

Nixhex524

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,066 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 305437
  • Joined: 04/03/2014
  • Handicap:4.3
  • Ebay ID:Nixhex524
GolfWRX Likes : 1408

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:53 PM

I'm looking at this one, too.... Only thing is I don't carry much, if at all, just use a ClicGear 3.5+ so as long as it fits on that fine, I think I will be pulling the trigger on one.  Would love to hear some input though!

EDIT:  Put an order in for the white one, should have it by the end of the week.  I will hopefully do a little review then.

Edited by Nixhex524, 13 December 2016 - 01:15 PM.

Ping G400 9*
Ping G400 14.5*
Srixon Z745 3-P
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/58
Taylormade Spider Tour red

2

#3 Nixhex524

Nixhex524

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,066 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 305437
  • Joined: 04/03/2014
  • Handicap:4.3
  • Ebay ID:Nixhex524
GolfWRX Likes : 1408

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:18 PM

Got the Z four today, looks great, has tons of pockets, more than I need really... I like having a stand/carry bag even though I use a Clicgear 3.5+ when I walk.  This way when I go to the range I am not lugging something bigger around and I really don't carry much more than tees, balls, rangefinder, the little tools, and some other little things.  Clubs fit nicely in the 4 way top which I have been really unsure of but it is true, they do not rattle as much with fewer dividers.  For me, the best thing about this bag is the bottom and the hidden leg mechanism.  My Three5 did not fit well on my Clicgear because of this design and was really the driving factor in getting rid of it, otherwise, it's a great bag, too.  The bottom of this one is like a mini staffer so it should fit nicely on the push cart.  I should get it out this week so I will see how things go while I am on the course....

Few shots...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sorry for the terrible photos, planning on getting more soon...
Ping G400 9*
Ping G400 14.5*
Srixon Z745 3-P
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/58
Taylormade Spider Tour red

3

#4 Marks23

Marks23

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3600
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 59

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:00 PM

 Nixhex524, on 17 December 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

Got the Z four today, looks great, has tons of pockets, more than I need really... I like having a stand/carry bag even though I use a Clicgear 3.5+ when I walk.  This way when I go to the range I am not lugging something bigger around and I really don't carry much more than tees, balls, rangefinder, the little tools, and some other little things.  Clubs fit nicely in the 4 way top which I have been really unsure of but it is true, they do not rattle as much with fewer dividers.  For me, the best thing about this bag is the bottom and the hidden leg mechanism.  My Three5 did not fit well on my Clicgear because of this design and was really the driving factor in getting rid of it, otherwise, it's a great bag, too.  The bottom of this one is like a mini staffer so it should fit nicely on the push cart.  I should get it out this week so I will see how things go while I am on the course....

Few shots...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sorry for the terrible photos, planning on getting more soon...
Any issues with club tangling?

4

#5 Nixhex524

Nixhex524

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,066 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 305437
  • Joined: 04/03/2014
  • Handicap:4.3
  • Ebay ID:Nixhex524
GolfWRX Likes : 1408

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:17 PM

 Marks23, on 18 December 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

 Nixhex524, on 17 December 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

Got the Z four today, looks great, has tons of pockets, more than I need really... I like having a stand/carry bag even though I use a Clicgear 3.5+ when I walk.  This way when I go to the range I am not lugging something bigger around and I really don't carry much more than tees, balls, rangefinder, the little tools, and some other little things.  Clubs fit nicely in the 4 way top which I have been really unsure of but it is true, they do not rattle as much with fewer dividers.  For me, the best thing about this bag is the bottom and the hidden leg mechanism.  My Three5 did not fit well on my Clicgear because of this design and was really the driving factor in getting rid of it, otherwise, it's a great bag, too.  The bottom of this one is like a mini staffer so it should fit nicely on the push cart.  I should get it out this week so I will see how things go while I am on the course....

Few shots...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sorry for the terrible photos, planning on getting more soon...
Any issues with club tangling?

Doesn't seem to be but I haven't had it out on the course yet.  I should know this week...

Ping G400 9*
Ping G400 14.5*
Srixon Z745 3-P
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/58
Taylormade Spider Tour red

5

#6 Marks23

Marks23

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3600
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 59

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:40 PM

 Nixhex524, on 18 December 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

 Marks23, on 18 December 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

 Nixhex524, on 17 December 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

Got the Z four today, looks great, has tons of pockets, more than I need really... I like having a stand/carry bag even though I use a Clicgear 3.5+ when I walk.  This way when I go to the range I am not lugging something bigger around and I really don't carry much more than tees, balls, rangefinder, the little tools, and some other little things.  Clubs fit nicely in the 4 way top which I have been really unsure of but it is true, they do not rattle as much with fewer dividers.  For me, the best thing about this bag is the bottom and the hidden leg mechanism.  My Three5 did not fit well on my Clicgear because of this design and was really the driving factor in getting rid of it, otherwise, it's a great bag, too.  The bottom of this one is like a mini staffer so it should fit nicely on the push cart.  I should get it out this week so I will see how things go while I am on the course....

Few shots...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sorry for the terrible photos, planning on getting more soon...
Any issues with club tangling?

Doesn't seem to be but I haven't had it out on the course yet.  I should know this week...
I look forward to hearing about the on-course results.

6

#7 Nixhex524

Nixhex524

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,066 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 305437
  • Joined: 04/03/2014
  • Handicap:4.3
  • Ebay ID:Nixhex524
GolfWRX Likes : 1408

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:41 PM

 Marks23, on 18 December 2016 - 05:40 PM, said:

 Nixhex524, on 18 December 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

 Marks23, on 18 December 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

 Nixhex524, on 17 December 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

Got the Z four today, looks great, has tons of pockets, more than I need really... I like having a stand/carry bag even though I use a Clicgear 3.5+ when I walk.  This way when I go to the range I am not lugging something bigger around and I really don't carry much more than tees, balls, rangefinder, the little tools, and some other little things.  Clubs fit nicely in the 4 way top which I have been really unsure of but it is true, they do not rattle as much with fewer dividers.  For me, the best thing about this bag is the bottom and the hidden leg mechanism.  My Three5 did not fit well on my Clicgear because of this design and was really the driving factor in getting rid of it, otherwise, it's a great bag, too.  The bottom of this one is like a mini staffer so it should fit nicely on the push cart.  I should get it out this week so I will see how things go while I am on the course....

Few shots...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sorry for the terrible photos, planning on getting more soon...
Any issues with club tangling?

Doesn't seem to be but I haven't had it out on the course yet.  I should know this week...
I look forward to hearing about the on-course results.

Went to the range today and did notice some minor club tangle.  I use GP Tour Wrap midsize grips and a couple hung up and wouldn't go back in the back all that easily but nothing I can't live without.  The bag feels comfortable and light with 14 clubs while carrying and seems to hang pretty level on my back.  The legs function really well and open easily but stay closed while walking. I wouldn't say its the most perfect bag ever but it seems to do what my three5 did only it has a more pushcart friendly bottom.  So far I am happy with it.  Will report back after a full round.
Ping G400 9*
Ping G400 14.5*
Srixon Z745 3-P
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/58
Taylormade Spider Tour red

7

#8 Nixhex524

Nixhex524

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,066 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 305437
  • Joined: 04/03/2014
  • Handicap:4.3
  • Ebay ID:Nixhex524
GolfWRX Likes : 1408

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:22 PM

Few rounds on this bag now, one in the pouring rain, too.  So far, I LOVE it.  The storage is great and the clubs have not given me any real issues in or out. One of my favorite things besides the bottom design in the 3 handles at the top of the bag.... it is so easy to pick the bag up and go.  I find the straps to be more comfortable than my 3.5 straps which is really surprising.  I am sure the bag will get dirty but overall function, I love it.
Ping G400 9*
Ping G400 14.5*
Srixon Z745 3-P
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/58
Taylormade Spider Tour red

8

#9 Fairways_and_Greens

Fairways_and_Greens

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16577
  • Joined: 07/19/2006
  • Location:Washington State
GolfWRX Likes : 347

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:35 PM

 Nixhex524, on 27 December 2016 - 03:22 PM, said:

Few rounds on this bag now, one in the pouring rain, too.  So far, I LOVE it.  The storage is great and the clubs have not given me any real issues in or out. One of my favorite things besides the bottom design in the 3 handles at the top of the bag.... it is so easy to pick the bag up and go.  I find the straps to be more comfortable than my 3.5 straps which is really surprising.  I am sure the bag will get dirty but overall function, I love it.

Did you have the 3.5 with the separate straps or the harness style?
Rogue Sub Zero 9° Kuro Kage Dual Core tx
917 F2 15° Diamana S+ 80x
917 F2 18° ATX Blue 85x
915H.d 20.5° Modus3 105x
Z765 Modus3 125x
Z765 51° Modus3 125x
X-Forged 56° Super Peening Blue
Hi Toe 60° Super Peening Blue
EvnRoll 8
Z Star XV

9

#10 Nixhex524

Nixhex524

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,066 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 305437
  • Joined: 04/03/2014
  • Handicap:4.3
  • Ebay ID:Nixhex524
GolfWRX Likes : 1408

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:40 PM

 Fairways_and_Greens, on 03 January 2017 - 11:35 PM, said:

 Nixhex524, on 27 December 2016 - 03:22 PM, said:

Few rounds on this bag now, one in the pouring rain, too.  So far, I LOVE it.  The storage is great and the clubs have not given me any real issues in or out. One of my favorite things besides the bottom design in the 3 handles at the top of the bag.... it is so easy to pick the bag up and go.  I find the straps to be more comfortable than my 3.5 straps which is really surprising.  I am sure the bag will get dirty but overall function, I love it.

Did you have the 3.5 with the separate straps or the harness style?

I believe it had the harness style, I forgot what the design is actually called though... The 3.5 is a great bag but there are a few things about the Z Four I find to be better.  But my favorite it the bottom design which I noticed is the same as the Titleist stand staff which makes it great for my clicgear.

Ping G400 9*
Ping G400 14.5*
Srixon Z745 3-P
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/58
Taylormade Spider Tour red

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Nixhex524

Nixhex524

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,066 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 305437
  • Joined: 04/03/2014
  • Handicap:4.3
  • Ebay ID:Nixhex524
GolfWRX Likes : 1408

Posted 29 January 2017 - 12:34 AM

UPDATE:  I moved on from the Z Four to the Titleist Stand Staff bag...  I was hesitant at first since a lot of people complained about club tangle in the Titleist bag.  I found the bottom most divider in the Z four to be a pain.  While everything else about the bag was nice, really nice, the bottom divider was tough with the leg mechanism and club grips fitting in easily.  The stand staff is a lot easier than I thought it would be and has a simple storage layout which I like since I do not carry much anyway.  It is heavier than the Z Four, but material seems to be much stronger.  I am sure I would have been very happy with the Z Four, but getting the Titleist bag in a trade made me choose... Z Four is great, though, don't sleep on it!
Ping G400 9*
Ping G400 14.5*
Srixon Z745 3-P
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/58
Taylormade Spider Tour red

11

#12 J_Birdie

J_Birdie

    LOFT Issue

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 386108
  • Joined: 07/15/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 711

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:49 AM

These are $120 on eBay vs $220 for the 5.5 SM. Would love to see more opinions on this bag
What's in my bag:
Srixon Z785 9.5* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 70TX 45.25"
Cobra Fly-Z+ 3W w/ Aldila Tour Blue 75X  42.75"
Taylormade P790 UDI 2i HZRDUS Black 6.0 85g 1* Up 18* loft
Cobra Forged Tour 4-PW Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X 1* Up
Cleveland RTX3 2-Dot 50* & 54* (bent to 55*) Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X
Callaway MD3 PM Grind 60* Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X
Odyssey O-Works 7S Black with Superstroke GT 2.0 Pistol Grip 35"

12

#13 LOOK1979

LOOK1979

    RunFast1979

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 385016
  • Joined: 07/08/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:55 PM

got this bag a few months back in Black

I had a Titleist Black Ultralight stand bag for 4 years. Never could find a bag better than it until the Z Four.

I tried the Ping 4 Series, a newer Titleist, I thought I would use that bag until it fell apart.

I switched to Srixon Irons and got the bag. Love it.

13

#14 LOOK1979

LOOK1979

    RunFast1979

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 385016
  • Joined: 07/08/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:21 AM

Update: Ended up taking the Srixon back and had to go back to my Titleist Lightweight. I am too attached to that bag. I'm done looking at bags.

 Nixhex524, on 19 December 2016 - 08:41 PM, said:

 Marks23, on 18 December 2016 - 05:40 PM, said:

 Nixhex524, on 18 December 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

 Marks23, on 18 December 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

 Nixhex524, on 17 December 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

Got the Z four today, looks great, has tons of pockets, more than I need really... I like having a stand/carry bag even though I use a Clicgear 3.5+ when I walk.  This way when I go to the range I am not lugging something bigger around and I really don't carry much more than tees, balls, rangefinder, the little tools, and some other little things.  Clubs fit nicely in the 4 way top which I have been really unsure of but it is true, they do not rattle as much with fewer dividers.  For me, the best thing about this bag is the bottom and the hidden leg mechanism.  My Three5 did not fit well on my Clicgear because of this design and was really the driving factor in getting rid of it, otherwise, it's a great bag, too.  The bottom of this one is like a mini staffer so it should fit nicely on the push cart.  I should get it out this week so I will see how things go while I am on the course....

Few shots...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sorry for the terrible photos, planning on getting more soon...
Any issues with club tangling?

Doesn't seem to be but I haven't had it out on the course yet.  I should know this week...
I look forward to hearing about the on-course results.

Went to the range today and did notice some minor club tangle.  I use GP Tour Wrap midsize grips and a couple hung up and wouldn't go back in the back all that easily but nothing I can't live without.  The bag feels comfortable and light with 14 clubs while carrying and seems to hang pretty level on my back.  The legs function really well and open easily but stay closed while walking. I wouldn't say its the most perfect bag ever but it seems to do what my three5 did only it has a more pushcart friendly bottom.  So far I am happy with it.  Will report back after a full round.

Setup looks really clean

14

#15 xjohnx

xjohnx

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75904
  • Joined: 02/23/2009
  • Location:NH
  • Ebay ID:xedgep90x
GolfWRX Likes : 1010

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:53 AM

Just got this bag yesterday and I'm amazed that it doesn't get more attention than it does. First off, it's really good looking in my opinion. It also seems to have all the right pockets in all the right places. Everything has a home, which makes my crazy mind happy. The straps also seem incredibly comfortable and the stand mechanism is the smoothest I've ever felt. Wish I bought this sooner.

Posted Image


15

#16 Mike Jamieson

Mike Jamieson

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446240
  • Joined: 11/11/2016
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:56 AM

have one for sale in the BST

16

#17 brew4eagle

brew4eagle

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12175
  • Joined: 02/18/2006
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:jdbrewer
GolfWRX Likes : 689

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:55 PM

I looked at one and thought it looked great.  Just can't beat a SM Three 5 in any functional category though.
PING 4 Series
PING i20 10.5*
Adams a7 19*
Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 3-P
Titleist Vokey SM6 52.08F*, 58.08M*
Cameron Newport
Srixon Q Star Tour

17

#18 ws6

ws6

    Pacific Dunes

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15560
  • Joined: 06/18/2006
  • Location:Seattle and Oregon
GolfWRX Likes : 571

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:48 PM

I use a Z Four Stand.  I think the Srixon is a just as good as any lightweight stand bag I have ever owned and prefer it to my last SM.

18

#19 Tommyj

Tommyj

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40570
  • Joined: 10/08/2007
  • Location:Toronto, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:04 AM

 J_Birdie, on 29 January 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

These are $120 on eBay vs $220 for the 5.5 SM. Would love to see more opinions on this bag
SM4.5 is probably the better comp to the Z-Four and you can currently pick up the 2017 version of those from DG for $130.

I bought the Z-Four and returned it after a couple of days.  It's a great looking bag, lots of space with the 11" top and the bottom makes it much better than a SM if you sometimes put it on a pull cart.  But I opened and closed a couple of the zippers and I just had the feeling that it wouldn't stand up long term.  Also didn't like the pads on the carry straps, I think its some sort of memory foam and just found they compressed down too much.  Overall I just don't think this bag is anywhere close to SM in quality.

19

#20 xjohnx

xjohnx

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75904
  • Joined: 02/23/2009
  • Location:NH
  • Ebay ID:xedgep90x
GolfWRX Likes : 1010

Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:18 AM

 Tommyj, on 31 October 2017 - 07:04 AM, said:

 J_Birdie, on 29 January 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

These are $120 on eBay vs $220 for the 5.5 SM. Would love to see more opinions on this bag
SM4.5 is probably the better comp to the Z-Four and you can currently pick up the 2017 version of those from DG for $130.

I bought the Z-Four and returned it after a couple of days.  It's a great looking bag, lots of space with the 11" top and the bottom makes it much better than a SM if you sometimes put it on a pull cart.  But I opened and closed a couple of the zippers and I just had the feeling that it wouldn't stand up long term.  Also didn't like the pads on the carry straps, I think its some sort of memory foam and just found they compressed down too much.  Overall I just don't think this bag is anywhere close to SM in quality.

Not disrespecting your opinion but in case people come looking at this thread later on, I want to point out that I disagree. I've only used this bag for one round but, to be fair you also pointed out you had your for a couple days. I purposely walked my round this weekend and found the straps very nice and the bag to be comfortable and well distributed all day. I also think the stand mechanism is the smoothest I've had in a long time and pops out perfectly every time. There is NOTHING about this bag to me that seems lesser quality in any way to any golf bag I've seen. So far I feel quite the opposite and think it's a more solid bag than most. I don't mean this about you personally but I also think some people hold Sun Mountain on a pedestal a little bit. I'm not denying they make incredible bags but, the cult seems to take it too far sometimes. It's like the guys who swear any forged iron that isn't stamped Mizuno is somehow inferior in every way.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 ws6

ws6

    Pacific Dunes

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15560
  • Joined: 06/18/2006
  • Location:Seattle and Oregon
GolfWRX Likes : 571

Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:28 AM

My last Sun Mountain was a 3.5, I don't like the 14 way tops.  I like the Srixon bag is better - the top is nicer, the legs are crisper, and the pockets are equal.

Edited by ws6, 31 October 2017 - 08:29 AM.


21

#22 xjohnx

xjohnx

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75904
  • Joined: 02/23/2009
  • Location:NH
  • Ebay ID:xedgep90x
GolfWRX Likes : 1010

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:16 AM

I think I want a second one. Just can't decide which color. I was leaning towards the charcoal/cyan blue?

22

#23 Nixhex524

Nixhex524

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,066 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 305437
  • Joined: 04/03/2014
  • Handicap:4.3
  • Ebay ID:Nixhex524
GolfWRX Likes : 1408

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:37 PM

I wound up buying another one off the BST here a few months back.... I will most likely never get rid of my 745s even if I don't play them and there were a lot of things I liked about the Z Four... Got the same white one I originally had... the weight of this bag is fantastic when loaded up, straps are comfortable, the amount and placement of pockets are perfect.  The ONLY complaint I would have about the bag is the zipper tags.... had one break on me and now have to figure out a way to make it easy to use again.  Other than that, it's a fantastic bag.
Ping G400 9*
Ping G400 14.5*
Srixon Z745 3-P
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/58
Taylormade Spider Tour red

23

#24 Tommyj

Tommyj

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40570
  • Joined: 10/08/2007
  • Location:Toronto, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:51 PM

View PostNixhex524, on 12 November 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

I wound up buying another one off the BST here a few months back.... I will most likely never get rid of my 745s even if I don't play them and there were a lot of things I liked about the Z Four... Got the same white one I originally had... the weight of this bag is fantastic when loaded up, straps are comfortable, the amount and placement of pockets are perfect.  The ONLY complaint I would have about the bag is the zipper tags.... had one break on me and now have to figure out a way to make it easy to use again.  Other than that, it's a fantastic bag.
You're not the first reviewer to mention zipper issues on this bag.  I've heard that others have contacted Srixon and gotten replacements.

24

#25 xjohnx

xjohnx

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75904
  • Joined: 02/23/2009
  • Location:NH
  • Ebay ID:xedgep90x
GolfWRX Likes : 1010

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:29 AM

It's nice to have options.

Posted Image


25

#26 Nixhex524

Nixhex524

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,066 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 305437
  • Joined: 04/03/2014
  • Handicap:4.3
  • Ebay ID:Nixhex524
GolfWRX Likes : 1408

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:56 PM

View Postxjohnx, on 14 November 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

It's nice to have options.

Posted Image

LOL... Repsect.  

The color combos are nice on these bags... I actually really like your black with red accents... but part of me wants to go with the green and white one, too!!  I like my Titleist stand staff but its so heavy in comparison to the Z Four.   You have any issues with the zipper pulls?  I put an email in to Srixon today about it, hopefully I will hear back about a solution.  Using a plastic bag tie isn't gonna cut it for too long...
Ping G400 9*
Ping G400 14.5*
Srixon Z745 3-P
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/58
Taylormade Spider Tour red

26

#27 xjohnx

xjohnx

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75904
  • Joined: 02/23/2009
  • Location:NH
  • Ebay ID:xedgep90x
GolfWRX Likes : 1010

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:59 PM

View PostNixhex524, on 15 November 2017 - 09:56 PM, said:

View Postxjohnx, on 14 November 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

It's nice to have options.

Posted Image

LOL... Repsect.  

The color combos are nice on these bags... I actually really like your black with red accents... but part of me wants to go with the green and white one, too!!  I like my Titleist stand staff but its so heavy in comparison to the Z Four.   You have any issues with the zipper pulls?  I put an email in to Srixon today about it, hopefully I will hear back about a solution.  Using a plastic bag tie isn't gonna cut it for too long...

Canít comment on the zipper pulls yet. I have one round with one and zero with the other. I guess I wonít know until next year at this point.

27

#28 Nixhex524

Nixhex524

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,066 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 305437
  • Joined: 04/03/2014
  • Handicap:4.3
  • Ebay ID:Nixhex524
GolfWRX Likes : 1408

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:40 PM

View PostTommyj, on 13 November 2017 - 06:51 PM, said:

View PostNixhex524, on 12 November 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

I wound up buying another one off the BST here a few months back.... I will most likely never get rid of my 745s even if I don't play them and there were a lot of things I liked about the Z Four... Got the same white one I originally had... the weight of this bag is fantastic when loaded up, straps are comfortable, the amount and placement of pockets are perfect.  The ONLY complaint I would have about the bag is the zipper tags.... had one break on me and now have to figure out a way to make it easy to use again.  Other than that, it's a fantastic bag.
You're not the first reviewer to mention zipper issues on this bag.  I've heard that others have contacted Srixon and gotten replacements.

Shot an email over to Srixon about the zippers and they are not replacing the bag, but they ARE sending me a dozen Z stars.  The broken zipper is not the end of the world and the fact that they are willing to do anything is pretty cool.  They said they have had multiple complaints regarding the zipper pulls and will be looking to upgrade this feature on the next bag design.  I actually like the way they look and function, they just need to be stronger.
Ping G400 9*
Ping G400 14.5*
Srixon Z745 3-P
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/58
Taylormade Spider Tour red

28

#29 Tommyj

Tommyj

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40570
  • Joined: 10/08/2007
  • Location:Toronto, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:09 AM

View PostNixhex524, on 16 November 2017 - 10:40 PM, said:

View PostTommyj, on 13 November 2017 - 06:51 PM, said:

View PostNixhex524, on 12 November 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

I wound up buying another one off the BST here a few months back.... I will most likely never get rid of my 745s even if I don't play them and there were a lot of things I liked about the Z Four... Got the same white one I originally had... the weight of this bag is fantastic when loaded up, straps are comfortable, the amount and placement of pockets are perfect.  The ONLY complaint I would have about the bag is the zipper tags.... had one break on me and now have to figure out a way to make it easy to use again.  Other than that, it's a fantastic bag.
You're not the first reviewer to mention zipper issues on this bag.  I've heard that others have contacted Srixon and gotten replacements.

Shot an email over to Srixon about the zippers and they are not replacing the bag, but they ARE sending me a dozen Z stars.  The broken zipper is not the end of the world and the fact that they are willing to do anything is pretty cool.  They said they have had multiple complaints regarding the zipper pulls and will be looking to upgrade this feature on the next bag design.  I actually like the way they look and function, they just need to be stronger.

The reviewer who mentioned getting his bag replaced had the actual zipper break, might actually have been several zippers, not just the pull.

Don't you think if Srixon admits that they've had numerous complaints about the issue that they might offer to pay your shipping to send in the bag and have the broken zipper pull replaced?

29

#30 Nixhex524

Nixhex524

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,066 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 305437
  • Joined: 04/03/2014
  • Handicap:4.3
  • Ebay ID:Nixhex524
GolfWRX Likes : 1408

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:10 AM

I am sure that would be quite costly for them, and I think by offering a dozen balls, at least they are willing to do something for the customer.  I just hope they stand by their word and make the next bag better.  I guess we will see....

Ping G400 9*
Ping G400 14.5*
Srixon Z745 3-P
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/58
Taylormade Spider Tour red

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors