Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 3 votes

2017 M2 Tour Fairway!!!


801 replies to this topic

#31 jleduc2200

jleduc2200

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 259240
  • Joined: 06/26/2013
  • Location:Minneapolis, MN
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:51 PM

View Postadam2883, on 06 December 2016 - 11:55 AM, said:

View PostAThompson_3, on 06 December 2016 - 10:58 AM, said:

It's not adjustable which frustrates me. I don't like the m1 fairways. Is it possible they will come out with a 13 or 14 degree version or is it even possible to have a non adjustable hosel club to be taken down a degree or 2? I almost pulled the trigger on a m2 last year but I just didn't like that they aren't adjustable.

Yes it is possible. I was playing a M1 3 wood, then switched to the tour issue M2 head. Had one made for me, 15* head that was bent to 14, which also opened the face a little and a little hot melt. Just find a good club fitter who is capable of doing it and knows what they are doing.

The current M2 tour issue fairways are absolutely sick.  I'm not sure if TM could really improve upon it to make it worth purchasing.  I too have a 15* head bent to 14.2 as well as a 16.5HL deep face bent to 16.2.  I also have a tour issue M2 5 wood.  They are absolute beasts - easy to hit, deep, workable.  Combined with the project x Hzrdus shaft and it doesn't get much better in my opinion.  

Hoping the new release will drop prices for existing stock so maybe I can find a 5 HL deep face tour issue or back up driver head for cheap.

WITB
TaylorMade Tour Issue 2017 M1 10.5*-  Tensei Orange V2 70 TX
Taylormade Tour issue 2016 M2 16.5 HL 3wood - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 85g 6.5
Taylormade Tour issue 2016 M2 18* 5 wood - Project X Hzrdus Black 95g 6.5
Mizuno MP 25 - 4-PW KBS C-Taper 120 S
Vokey SM6 50*, 54* and 58* - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Scotty Cameron 009
Titleist Pro V1x

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 R19lax

R19lax

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63737
  • Joined: 08/20/2008
  • Location:Washington, D.C.
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:42 PM

View PostSbrooks, on 06 December 2016 - 03:03 PM, said:

View Posteldog-in-the-hizouse, on 06 December 2016 - 10:20 AM, said:

LOVE IT! 4* flatter lie angle than the standard model. Done deal.
YES!!!
With such a flat lie angle it will be anti- left.
I was fitted last week for the m2 tour 3hl with hzrdus yellow75 but release date is soo far away!!
It sounds much nicer then the current M2 and the 2017 m2.
What did they give you for a release date?
TM M1 10.5* GD Tour Ad-di 6
TM M1 15* (14.25) GD Tour ad-mt 7
TM M1 19* (17.5) Fuji pro tour spec 73

TM Udi 20* kbs custom tour black
Bridgestone j15 cb 4-pw
TM TP Ef 50, 54, 60
TM Spider tour dj  35"

2

#33 Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,787 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221885
  • Joined: 01/15/2013
  • Location:Cincinnati, Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 2971

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:54 PM

1/27/17.  Pre-order starts 1/12/17.

Edited by Lord Helmet, 06 December 2016 - 07:55 PM.

LTD Pro - Chrome+ 6f4
G25 3w - UST Silver 7s
RBZ 19* - UST Silver 8s
Apex CF16 5i - Project X 5.5
Srixon 565 6-PW - Project X 5.5
RTX3 CB 50 - Project X 5.5
RTX3 54, 58 - S400
SM5 62 - S400
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS

3

#34 TMBob

TMBob

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,187 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21998
  • Joined: 11/20/2006
  • Location:P Northwest
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 590

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:03 PM

These look great and love the specs except I would love to see a 13 degree version. I hope the Yellow HZRDUS is offered.

It will be hard to knock out my RBZ 13 degree, but my 16.5 HL 2016 M1 has been on and off. Really sensitive to shaft selections it seems. Tried 3  different shafts and only one seemed to work and that shaft should have never worked....GO figure.

4

#35 adam2883

adam2883

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 404670
  • Joined: 12/03/2015
  • Location:Virginia
  • Handicap:+4
  • Ebay ID:stumpy2883
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:14 PM

View Postjleduc2200, on 06 December 2016 - 03:51 PM, said:

View Postadam2883, on 06 December 2016 - 11:55 AM, said:

View PostAThompson_3, on 06 December 2016 - 10:58 AM, said:

It's not adjustable which frustrates me. I don't like the m1 fairways. Is it possible they will come out with a 13 or 14 degree version or is it even possible to have a non adjustable hosel club to be taken down a degree or 2? I almost pulled the trigger on a m2 last year but I just didn't like that they aren't adjustable.

Yes it is possible. I was playing a M1 3 wood, then switched to the tour issue M2 head. Had one made for me, 15* head that was bent to 14, which also opened the face a little and a little hot melt. Just find a good club fitter who is capable of doing it and knows what they are doing.

The current M2 tour issue fairways are absolutely sick.  I'm not sure if TM could really improve upon it to make it worth purchasing.  I too have a 15* head bent to 14.2 as well as a 16.5HL deep face bent to 16.2.  I also have a tour issue M2 5 wood.  They are absolute beasts - easy to hit, deep, workable.  Combined with the project x Hzrdus shaft and it doesn't get much better in my opinion.  

Hoping the new release will drop prices for existing stock so maybe I can find a 5 HL deep face tour issue or back up driver head for cheap.

Yes, hands down the best 3wood I have ever played. For a long time I was hesitant to bring whatever 3 wood I had at the time out of the bag, but with this I'm just looking for reasons to hit it. I have a Tensei Pro Blue in mine.

Driver: 2017 Tour Issue Taylormade M1 8.5 w/ Tour AD TP 7X
3 Wood: 2016 Tour Issue Taylormade M2 w/ Tensei Pro Blue 70TX
Hybrid: PXG 0317 17* w/ GD Tour AD DI 95x
Irons: Taylormade UDI 3 iron w/ GD Tour AD DI 105x
   Taylormade P770 4-9 w/Project X 6.5
Wedges: Vokey SM6 46-52-58 w/Project X 6.5
Putter: Taylormade DJ Tour Spider


Short games don't matter if you hit better approach shots

5

#36 bjno1300

bjno1300

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139099
  • Joined: 09/13/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:09 PM

How does this head compare to the deep faced tour issue m2 that guys are loving? Also saw that the m1 2017 has 6 score lines , would that be similar to the deep faced m2 tour issue?

Edited by bjno1300, 06 December 2016 - 09:12 PM.


6

#37 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,424 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
  • Joined: 08/15/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 5898

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:21 PM

View Postbjno1300, on 06 December 2016 - 09:09 PM, said:

How does this head compare to the deep faced tour issue m2 that guys are loving? Also saw that the m1 2017 has 6 score lines , would that be similar to the deep faced m2 tour issue?

Looks like it's bigger and not as deep as the M2 DF which I play.

7

#38 jetmech879

jetmech879

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44927
  • Joined: 01/02/2008
  • Location:Lexington, NC
  • Ebay ID:jetmech879
GolfWRX Likes : 252

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:05 PM

View Postscratchswinger, on 06 December 2016 - 09:21 PM, said:

View Postbjno1300, on 06 December 2016 - 09:09 PM, said:

How does this head compare to the deep faced tour issue m2 that guys are loving? Also saw that the m1 2017 has 6 score lines , would that be similar to the deep faced m2 tour issue?

Looks like it's bigger and not as deep as the M2 DF which I play.

At 156cc, thats rather small for a 3 wood. I just hope it has a deeper face than the current version. If so its as good as in the bag for me!
Taylormade M1 430 TI 8 GD Tour AD M9003 6x
Taylormade M2 TI 14.2 DF GD Tour AD GT 8x
Titleist 718 CB 2 iron PX 6.5
Mizuno MP 18 SC 3-6, blade 7-pw PX 6.5
Vokey SM5 blue 53m-09, 59m-09 DG TI S400
Mizuno MP A-308 Putter

8

#39 Zach Heusser

Zach Heusser

    #insideTMAG

  • Marshals
  • 4,284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77
  • Joined: 04/19/2005
  • Location:Pacifica CA
  • Handicap:pro

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:34 PM

💩 After looking at the TM website  I might not get my wish!  I don't see a tour 5 wood listed, only a 3 and Hl 3

Attached Thumbnails

  • IMG_8558.PNG

Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course

Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2016

Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012

Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur University

My WITB



http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/
@Zheusser on twitter

9

#40 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,548 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1802

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:13 AM

A definite must try.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 BearQ

BearQ

    Golf, I will see you again. But not yet, not yet.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238387
  • Joined: 03/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1035

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:31 AM

View PostZach Heusser, on 06 December 2016 - 10:34 PM, said:

�� After looking at the TM website  I might not get my wish!  I don't see a tour 5 wood listed, only a 3 and Hl 3

Im upset with this. Will be a bunch of tour issue release (5) versions that cost double...

Also strange they wouldn't release a strong 3 (13.5), again will probably be tour issue

These are really solid, but they could have offered more
Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 8.5*  --  Tour AD TP 7TX
3W: Callaway XR 3Deep 14*  --  Tour AD TP 8X

3-iron: Bridgestone J15 DF 19*  --  Nippon SPB X
4-P: Srixon Z945  --  Nippon SPB X

Wedges: Titleist SM4 raw | 48F  53M  58M  --  Nippon SPB X
Putter: TM Spider Black

Swap | 5W: Titleist 915FD 18* -- Tour AD TP 8X


  



  
  

     
  

11

#42 TTT

TTT

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44269
  • Joined: 12/21/2007
  • Location:rehabbing my shoulder
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:00 AM

View Postjetmech879, on 06 December 2016 - 10:05 PM, said:

View Postscratchswinger, on 06 December 2016 - 09:21 PM, said:

View Postbjno1300, on 06 December 2016 - 09:09 PM, said:

How does this head compare to the deep faced tour issue m2 that guys are loving? Also saw that the m1 2017 has 6 score lines , would that be similar to the deep faced m2 tour issue?

Looks like it's bigger and not as deep as the M2 DF which I play.

At 156cc, thats rather small for a 3 wood. I just hope it has a deeper face than the current version. If so its as good as in the bag for me!

Thats the same CC as the 2016 M2 3w according to TM website. 17' M2 3w has ballooned to 175cc and 177cc in the 3HL while tour is 156cc. I really hope it is more deep faced but not getting my hopes up. Would expect it to be similar dimensions to 16' M2 with flatter lie/open face angle but you never know TM could surprise us

Edited by TTT, 07 December 2016 - 08:00 AM.

TAYLORMADE M1 430 9.5* GD TOUR AD-GP 7X BLACK EDITION
TITLEIST 915 Fd 13.5* V2 96X
TITLEIST 712U 2i DG X100
TITLEIST 716 CB 4-PW KBS C-TAPER X
VOKEY SM6 JET BLACK 50* BENT TO 51* KBS C-TAPER X

VOKEY SM6 JET BLACK 56*/60* KBS C-TAPER S+
ODYSSEY O-Works Black 7S

12

#43 mixxedbag

mixxedbag

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 294866
  • Joined: 02/02/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 392

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:46 AM

^

Umm, the comparison pictures are in the 2017 M2 Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids/Irons pictures thread.
2017 Bag
TaylorMade M1 2017 460 9.5 Rogue Silver 70X/Callaway Epic SubZero 10.5/Titleist 917D3
TaylorMade M1 2017 15 Graphite Design DI-8X/Callaway Epic SubZero 15/Titleist 917F3
TaylorMade M1 2017 19 Graphite Design BB-8X
Mizuno MP-5 4-PW Project X 6.5/Srixon Z965 4-PW Project X LZ 6.5/Titleist 716 MB 4-Pw Dynamic Gold AMT X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50F, 54S, 58K
Odyssey O-Works 1 Wide 34"/Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5/Scotty Cameron GoLo 7

13

#44 TTT

TTT

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44269
  • Joined: 12/21/2007
  • Location:rehabbing my shoulder
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:20 AM

View Postmixxedbag, on 07 December 2016 - 08:46 AM, said:

^

Umm, the comparison pictures are in the 2017 M2 Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids/Irons pictures thread.

Thanks for that, just checked em out. No comparison to the 16' M2 but to my eye the 17' M2 & M2 Tour look to have the same face size albeit with 5 and 6 scoring lines respectively. The M2 tour looks more compact but doesn't seem have a deeper face to my eye, could be wrong though. Also not sure how it compares to this years M2, for all we know 17's could be deeper faced.
TAYLORMADE M1 430 9.5* GD TOUR AD-GP 7X BLACK EDITION
TITLEIST 915 Fd 13.5* V2 96X
TITLEIST 712U 2i DG X100
TITLEIST 716 CB 4-PW KBS C-TAPER X
VOKEY SM6 JET BLACK 50* BENT TO 51* KBS C-TAPER X

VOKEY SM6 JET BLACK 56*/60* KBS C-TAPER S+
ODYSSEY O-Works Black 7S

14

#45 elcgolf

elcgolf

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7149
  • Joined: 10/27/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:37 AM

The '17 M2 tour looks nothing like the '16, more circular than the pear shape of its predecessor. Honestly it looks identical to the stage 2 RBZ tour (albeit with carbon fiber), which maybe was intentional as it's still popular on tour.

Edited by elcgolf, 07 December 2016 - 09:38 AM.


15

#46 ignitewvu

ignitewvu

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3869
  • Joined: 07/30/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 249

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:22 PM

View Postelcgolf, on 07 December 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

The '17 M2 tour looks nothing like the '16, more circular than the pear shape of its predecessor. Honestly it looks identical to the stage 2 RBZ tour (albeit with carbon fiber), which maybe was intentional as it's still popular on tour.

It's MUCH smaller than the Stage 2 Tour.

S2T was like 175cc
M2T is like   156cc

I think the new M2Tour is going to end up being very similar to the 2016 M2 Tour Issued.
M1 440 9.5 Diamana W60S
M2 DF Proto (2016) 16.5 Diamana S+ Limited 80S
TI Adams Pro Hybrid 18 Matrix Altus HY S
TM SLDR 4i @ 39" DGSLS300
TourStage X-Blade 707's 5-PW Modus 120S
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 TG 52, 56 & 60 DGS300
Scotty Cameron Studio M2 34"
Bridgestone B330S (2014)

16

#47 IHFN

IHFN

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12257
  • Joined: 02/19/2006
  • Location:Huntsville, Al
GolfWRX Likes : 453

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:38 PM

Anyone have any compare pics now between the '16 Tour Issue and '17 Tour?  

For the ones wanting a 13 degree, I'm not sure if you hit the '16 version of the M2, but it was a very low launching fairway wood.  It launches like the old 13 degree RBZ's did.  I get some may still need 13, but just wanted to make sure everyone knew that.  

I used to play 12 and 13 degree 3 woods until the last year or two.  They've made them launch lower at 15 degrees where I actually needed the 16.5 in the M2.
TM '17 M1 440 Aldila NV 2KXV Green Stiff tipped 2 inches
TM '17 M1 15 degree Hzrdus Black 6.5 75 tipped 2 inches
TM '17 M1 19 degree Hzrdus Red 6.5 75 tipped 2 inches

TM P790 4-PW Project X 6.0

Vokey SM6 50 S200 Black
Vokey SM6 54 (Bent to 53) S200 Steel Gray
Wedge Works V Grind 58 (Bent to 59) S200 Oil Can

Scotty TEI3 Newport

17

#48 TaylorMadeLuv

TaylorMadeLuv

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 175538
  • Joined: 04/16/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 224

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:50 PM

View Postignitewvu, on 12 January 2017 - 09:22 PM, said:

View Postelcgolf, on 07 December 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

The '17 M2 tour looks nothing like the '16, more circular than the pear shape of its predecessor. Honestly it looks identical to the stage 2 RBZ tour (albeit with carbon fiber), which maybe was intentional as it's still popular on tour.

It's MUCH smaller than the Stage 2 Tour.

S2T was like 175cc
M2T is like   156cc

I think the new M2Tour is going to end up being very similar to the 2016 M2 Tour Issued.

It's bigger.  Deeper face.
New Bag in the making...

18

#49 LONG&STR8

LONG&STR8

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28371
  • Joined: 04/29/2007
  • Location:So Cal
GolfWRX Likes : 184

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:09 AM

Does anyone know if the weight will be interchangeable?  The flatter lie angle sounds great as that's the reason by current tour issue M2 FW is benched right now for a tour issue Jetspeed Proto.

19

#50 TG_343

TG_343

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194816
  • Joined: 07/26/2012
  • Location:Ohio
  • Handicap:3
  • Ebay ID:lefty343
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:32 PM

Little disappointing that TM listed the M2 Tour as being available left handed then when the page became live yesterday for pre-orders, it flipped, and now they state it will not be offered.  Horrible tease :(

2016 TaylorMade M2 Tour Issue - 9.2 deg Tensei Pro Orange 60-TX - 44.75"

Adams XTD TI - 2 hybrid (16.5deg) - Matrix HM3 95g X

TaylorMade P790  3, 4, 5  -  Adams MB2:  6 - P  -   KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)

Titleist Vokey SM4: 49 F Grind - Dynamic Gold TI x-100, SM5 - 53 F Grind , SM4 - 59 S Grind - Dynamic Gold TI s400

Odyssey #9:  ProType Black - 33.75in

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 jleduc2200

jleduc2200

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 259240
  • Joined: 06/26/2013
  • Location:Minneapolis, MN
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:36 PM

It'll be interesting to see if TM offers Tour Only variants of the "tour" fairway woods they are offering now.... if they'll do shallow face or deep face variants like in the past.  Hoping some options come out, even if tour only.  The DF M2 3 wood is one of the best fairway woods in my opinion.
WITB
TaylorMade Tour Issue 2017 M1 10.5*-  Tensei Orange V2 70 TX
Taylormade Tour issue 2016 M2 16.5 HL 3wood - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 85g 6.5
Taylormade Tour issue 2016 M2 18* 5 wood - Project X Hzrdus Black 95g 6.5
Mizuno MP 25 - 4-PW KBS C-Taper 120 S
Vokey SM6 50*, 54* and 58* - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Scotty Cameron 009
Titleist Pro V1x

21

#52 jay65

jay65

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 206889
  • Joined: 10/12/2012
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 1417

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:09 PM

View PostTG_343, on 13 January 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

Little disappointing that TM listed the M2 Tour as being available left handed then when the page became live yesterday for pre-orders, it flipped, and now they state it will not be offered.  Horrible tease :(

Yes, I mentioned that issue on another thread only yesterday. Huge disappointment for Lefties. However, as I also said at the time, TM's loss is Callaways gain. Looks like a SZ Fairway will be heading my way instead, so the disappointment is taken away pretty quickly! :taunt:

22

#53 TG_343

TG_343

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194816
  • Joined: 07/26/2012
  • Location:Ohio
  • Handicap:3
  • Ebay ID:lefty343
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:17 PM

View Postjay65, on 13 January 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

View PostTG_343, on 13 January 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

Little disappointing that TM listed the M2 Tour as being available left handed then when the page became live yesterday for pre-orders, it flipped, and now they state it will not be offered.  Horrible tease :(

Yes, I mentioned that issue on another thread only yesterday. Huge disappointment for Lefties. However, as I also said at the time, TM's loss is Callaways gain. Looks like a SZ Fairway will be heading my way instead, so the disappointment is taken away pretty quickly! :taunt:


Hah good call!  I agree with you there.  Just so disheartening :swoon2: , I got all excited to get in there for a pre-order then had the rug pulled out from under me.  Although I'm sure my wallet and wife would applaud TM's decision.
2016 TaylorMade M2 Tour Issue - 9.2 deg Tensei Pro Orange 60-TX - 44.75"

Adams XTD TI - 2 hybrid (16.5deg) - Matrix HM3 95g X

TaylorMade P790  3, 4, 5  -  Adams MB2:  6 - P  -   KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)

Titleist Vokey SM4: 49 F Grind - Dynamic Gold TI x-100, SM5 - 53 F Grind , SM4 - 59 S Grind - Dynamic Gold TI s400

Odyssey #9:  ProType Black - 33.75in

23

#54 jay65

jay65

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 206889
  • Joined: 10/12/2012
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 1417

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:27 PM

View PostTG_343, on 13 January 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

View Postjay65, on 13 January 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

View PostTG_343, on 13 January 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

Little disappointing that TM listed the M2 Tour as being available left handed then when the page became live yesterday for pre-orders, it flipped, and now they state it will not be offered.  Horrible tease :(

Yes, I mentioned that issue on another thread only yesterday. Huge disappointment for Lefties. However, as I also said at the time, TM's loss is Callaways gain. Looks like a SZ Fairway will be heading my way instead, so the disappointment is taken away pretty quickly! :taunt:


Hah good call!  I agree with you there.  Just so disheartening :swoon2: , I got all excited to get in there for a pre-order then had the rug pulled out from under me.  Although I'm sure my wallet and wife would applaud TM's decision.

There, there! Seriously though, there's some great stuff out there, and if you're in the market for a good Fairway for 2017, I reckon there will be a plethora of options to get excited about as a lefty. Mizunos' JPX 900 is another strong candidate as well as the Callaway Epics, and Cobra F7's, and Srixon Z F65's. And remember that the TM M1 is still a great Club to try too. I truly believe that when you've had the chance to go out and try a few of the other offerings, you'll be equally excited about ordering, as you were about the TM M2 Tour.

24

#55 bennicholls8

bennicholls8

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 400410
  • Joined: 10/22/2015
  • Location:England
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:bwn_999
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:23 PM

I've ordered one of these in 3HL with Hazrdus but I don't even know when the release date is? I've heard it's later than the standard M1/M2 stuff which is released on 27th??

Anyone know more?

Titliest 917D3 9.5* - Diamana Whiteboard 70 X

Titliest 917F3 15* - Diamana Whiteboard 83 X

Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 Iron

Taylormade P770/P750 Combo 4-9 - PX6.5

​Titliest Vokey SM6 - 46/52/56/60 Jet Black DG TI S400

TM Spider Tour Black / Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Tei3 & Newport Longneck Tei3 / Odyssey Protype #9

Ping 4 Series Tour Edition

@bennicholls8

25

#56 ignitewvu

ignitewvu

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3869
  • Joined: 07/30/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 249

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:36 PM

View PostLONG&STR8, on 13 January 2017 - 01:09 AM, said:

Does anyone know if the weight will be interchangeable?  The flatter lie angle sounds great as that's the reason by current tour issue M2 FW is benched right now for a tour issue Jetspeed Proto.

I don't know for certain but I can almost guarantee you there will be aftermarket weights available for the M2 Driver & M2 Tour Fairways.
M1 440 9.5 Diamana W60S
M2 DF Proto (2016) 16.5 Diamana S+ Limited 80S
TI Adams Pro Hybrid 18 Matrix Altus HY S
TM SLDR 4i @ 39" DGSLS300
TourStage X-Blade 707's 5-PW Modus 120S
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 TG 52, 56 & 60 DGS300
Scotty Cameron Studio M2 34"
Bridgestone B330S (2014)

26

#57 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,306 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2608

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:39 PM

View Postbennicholls8, on 18 January 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

I've ordered one of these in 3HL with Hazrdus but I don't even know when the release date is? I've heard it's later than the standard M1/M2 stuff which is released on 27th??

Anyone know more?
website says 3/1/2017...

G400 10.5* / Synergy PROTO 65TX

2017 M2 Tour 3HL / HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.0 Tipped 3/4"

UDI 20 / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX

Custom TM Blades ('14 TP MBs) 4-PW /  Modus 105X

MD Forged 52 (10), 58 (8)  /  DG TI S200

Zombee Stinger BBZero F.I.T. (limited run) / 35.5"

TP5x OR ProV1


27

#58 Green in Reg

Green in Reg

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 292757
  • Joined: 01/21/2014
  • Location:Scottsdale, Az
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 81

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:21 AM

View Postgioguy21, on 18 January 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

View Postbennicholls8, on 18 January 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

I've ordered one of these in 3HL with Hazrdus but I don't even know when the release date is? I've heard it's later than the standard M1/M2 stuff which is released on 27th??

Anyone know more?
website says 3/1/2017...

I was just wondering the exact same thing. I haven't seen any in stores either. I have been to several stores too LOL...
GBB Epic SZ 10.5*- Diamana blue board
TEE E8 Beta 15*
Adams a12 hybrids 19* and 22*
Callaway Apex CF16 5-PW
Titleist Vokey 50* 55* and 60*
Spider Tour (JD- Red) 33"

28

#59 markjinc

markjinc

    Major Winner

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52194
  • Joined: 03/25/2008
  • Location:Illinois
GolfWRX Likes : 225

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:41 AM

When will these manufacturers get it? Only 1 80g+ shaft offering and it's a poor fwy shaft in the Black Tie. Why can't these companies offer more options in the 80-90g range? Guess I'm sticking with Cobra.

29

#60 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,306 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2608

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:46 AM

View Postmarkjinc, on 25 January 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

When will these manufacturers get it? Only 1 80g+ shaft offering and it's a poor fwy shaft in the Black Tie. Why can't these companies offer more options in the 80-90g range? Guess I'm sticking with Cobra.
my honest suggestion?

find a fairway shaft that you love -- buy 3 of them. go out and test new heads on sims at your local fitter when they come out - and put your tried and true shaft in it. buy them for the heads, not the shafts.

G400 10.5* / Synergy PROTO 65TX

2017 M2 Tour 3HL / HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.0 Tipped 3/4"

UDI 20 / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX

Custom TM Blades ('14 TP MBs) 4-PW /  Modus 105X

MD Forged 52 (10), 58 (8)  /  DG TI S200

Zombee Stinger BBZero F.I.T. (limited run) / 35.5"

TP5x OR ProV1


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors