Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Srixon 765 - Perhaps the most underrated player's iron??


123 replies to this topic

#61 PeterSanto29

PeterSanto29

    Auburn Class of 2021

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 377078
  • Joined: 05/22/2015
  • Location:Boston
  • Handicap:4.7
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:27 PM

Just pulled the trigger on 765s with modus 120 stiff. Can't wait for warmer weather

WAR EAGLE

Callaway Rogue driver with Fujikura Pro 53 stiff
Callaway XR 3 wood 15 degree with Oban ISAWA 03 flex 65g
Ping G 3 Hybrid with stock Alta shaft
Callaway Big Bertha OS 4H with Fujikura 73H stiff
Srixon Z565 Irons with Modus 120 stiff 5-PW
Titleist Vokey SM6 50 degree F grind
Titleist Vokey SM5 54 degree M grind
Titleist Vokey SM5 58 degree M grind
2014 Scotty Cameron Newport 2 with Jordan Spieth Masters Champion headcover

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 therealjonzone

therealjonzone

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212011
  • Joined: 11/19/2012
  • Location:Canada
  • Handicap:2.9
GolfWRX Likes : 682

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:48 PM

View Postspecimania, on 13 December 2016 - 09:29 PM, said:

GT does carry srixzon but the ones I go to do not have a cart. I ordered mine from GT. I got them in about 3 weeks and all spot on from what I looked at. I off'd 716 AP2 to get em and am not looking back. These are a very complete set of irons that have everything you could desire from top to bottom. There are few irons on sale that are better

What set makeup did you order? Combo, straight 765? etc.

2

#63 hurricanes7

hurricanes7

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72127
  • Joined: 01/07/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 754

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:05 AM

View PostPeterSanto29, on 18 December 2016 - 06:27 PM, said:

Just pulled the trigger on 765s with modus 120 stiff. Can't wait for warmer weather

seems like this is a very popular combo
DRIVER-  Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
3 WOOD- GBB Epic  Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
HYBRID-  Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
IRONS- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
GAP- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
SAND- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
LOB- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
PUTTER-  Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
BALL-   Callaway Chrome Soft X

3

#64 trumb1mj1

trumb1mj1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 184080
  • Joined: 06/01/2012
  • Location:Chicago, IL
GolfWRX Likes : 261

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:18 AM

Where are you guys going for the free shaft/grip upgrades?  I'm not seeing that on their site..?
TM '16 M2 10.5*  ---------------   Diamana Blueboard 63g
TM '16 M1 15* --------------------   Diamana Blueboard 83g
TM RBZ 19* -----------------------  Diamana Blueboard 83g
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 4i ----------------   Modus3 Tour 120S
Srixon 565 5i   -------------------   Modus3 Tour 120S
Srixon 765 6-PW  --------------- Modus3 Tour 120S
RTX 2.0 50, 54, 60* 2 dot   ------  Modus3 Tour 120S
Bettinardi Studio #28

4

#65 KingKong

KingKong

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14285
  • Joined: 04/20/2006
  • Location:Spartanburg, SC
  • Ebay ID:newport2s4me
GolfWRX Likes : 204

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:32 AM

View Posttrumb1mj1, on 30 December 2016 - 09:18 AM, said:

Where are you guys going for the free shaft/grip upgrades?  I'm not seeing that on their site..?
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:3551066]

Here you go.

F8+ 8.5* w/ KK XT 70TX
F8+ 15* w/ Pro White 80TX
F8+ 19* w/ Pro White 80TX
X Forged UT 4 w/ Modus 120 X
5-PW X Forged w/ Modus 120 X
SM7 Raw 50/54/58 w/ TI S400
Copper DH89

5

#66 theshadow1971

theshadow1971

    Shadow

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 375724
  • Joined: 05/13/2015
  • Location:Chonburi, Thailand
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:36 AM

View Postghromas, on 01 December 2016 - 03:56 PM, said:

Can anyone compare the 765 to Titleist 716 CB?

I really like the way these Srixon's look.

I wouldn't think they are comparable given the Srixon 745/765s are a muscle back cavity design.
Srixon (asian specs)

Z545 10.5* Driver
Z F45 15* 3W
Z H45 19* 3 Hybrid
Z745 3-PW

Z745 AW@51* & SW@57*

Cleveland Classic HB 2 Black Pearl Putter
Bridgestone B330RXS

6

#67 trumb1mj1

trumb1mj1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 184080
  • Joined: 06/01/2012
  • Location:Chicago, IL
GolfWRX Likes : 261

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:37 AM

View PostKingKong, on 30 December 2016 - 09:32 AM, said:

Here you go.

Thanks Kong.  Is there a shop online?  Or do you have to call them?
TM '16 M2 10.5*  ---------------   Diamana Blueboard 63g
TM '16 M1 15* --------------------   Diamana Blueboard 83g
TM RBZ 19* -----------------------  Diamana Blueboard 83g
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 4i ----------------   Modus3 Tour 120S
Srixon 565 5i   -------------------   Modus3 Tour 120S
Srixon 765 6-PW  --------------- Modus3 Tour 120S
RTX 2.0 50, 54, 60* 2 dot   ------  Modus3 Tour 120S
Bettinardi Studio #28

7

#68 theshadow1971

theshadow1971

    Shadow

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 375724
  • Joined: 05/13/2015
  • Location:Chonburi, Thailand
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:42 AM

View Posthurricanes7, on 01 December 2016 - 09:16 AM, said:

im definitely a lower ball flight guy. where do u get one to demo?
so basically the 965 compare to titleist mb
the 765 compare to ap2
the 565 compare to 565 in terms of looks and forgiveness?

I found the 765 is comparable AP2, MP66, Tour Pride M2's
565 comparable to the Cleveland CG Black Forged or AP1 Forged.
Srixon (asian specs)

Z545 10.5* Driver
Z F45 15* 3W
Z H45 19* 3 Hybrid
Z745 3-PW

Z745 AW@51* & SW@57*

Cleveland Classic HB 2 Black Pearl Putter
Bridgestone B330RXS

8

#69 trumb1mj1

trumb1mj1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 184080
  • Joined: 06/01/2012
  • Location:Chicago, IL
GolfWRX Likes : 261

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:51 AM

Ahh I see now you can customize when ordering.
TM '16 M2 10.5*  ---------------   Diamana Blueboard 63g
TM '16 M1 15* --------------------   Diamana Blueboard 83g
TM RBZ 19* -----------------------  Diamana Blueboard 83g
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 4i ----------------   Modus3 Tour 120S
Srixon 565 5i   -------------------   Modus3 Tour 120S
Srixon 765 6-PW  --------------- Modus3 Tour 120S
RTX 2.0 50, 54, 60* 2 dot   ------  Modus3 Tour 120S
Bettinardi Studio #28

9

#70 theshadow1971

theshadow1971

    Shadow

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 375724
  • Joined: 05/13/2015
  • Location:Chonburi, Thailand
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:55 AM

View PostKingKong, on 30 December 2016 - 09:32 AM, said:

View Posttrumb1mj1, on 30 December 2016 - 09:18 AM, said:

Where are you guys going for the free shaft/grip upgrades?  I'm not seeing that on their site..?


Here you go.

Thats interesting on the shaft options.  Stock Iron shaft in Asia is the NsPro 980 GH DST.  The 950GH in Asia comes in a R, SR & S Flex - the SR being Stiff Regular.
The NsPro 950 have several series as follows : 950 GH, 950 GH HT, 950 GH WF (Weight Flow), 950 GH (Utility), 950 GH FW (Fairway Way)

Srixon (asian specs)

Z545 10.5* Driver
Z F45 15* 3W
Z H45 19* 3 Hybrid
Z745 3-PW

Z745 AW@51* & SW@57*

Cleveland Classic HB 2 Black Pearl Putter
Bridgestone B330RXS

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 hurricanes7

hurricanes7

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72127
  • Joined: 01/07/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 754

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:02 PM

View Posttheshadow1971, on 30 December 2016 - 09:42 AM, said:

View Posthurricanes7, on 01 December 2016 - 09:16 AM, said:

im definitely a lower ball flight guy. where do u get one to demo?
so basically the 965 compare to titleist mb
the 765 compare to ap2
the 565 compare to 565 in terms of looks and forgiveness?

I found the 765 is comparable AP2, MP66, Tour Pride M2's
565 comparable to the Cleveland CG Black Forged or AP1 Forged.

which one is more forgiving the ap2 or 765, and which one feels better
DRIVER-  Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
3 WOOD- GBB Epic  Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
HYBRID-  Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
IRONS- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
GAP- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
SAND- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
LOB- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
PUTTER-  Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
BALL-   Callaway Chrome Soft X

11

#72 mooseman76

mooseman76

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92403
  • Joined: 08/20/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:17 PM

I know these haven't been out long enough (so 745's would do), but does anyone have a pic of what these clubs look like after a season or more of play?  I've never owned forged irons,except for a very very short amount of time with j15cb's, and I'm not sure what to expect. I see some used forged irons at golf galaxy that look like they've been through a wood chipper. I take it that isn't normal, but not sure what is.

12

#73 scottaz

scottaz

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,674 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 217197
  • Joined: 12/22/2012
  • Location:Pa.
GolfWRX Likes : 940

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:12 PM

View Postmooseman76, on 07 January 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

I know these haven't been out long enough (so 745's would do), but does anyone have a pic of what these clubs look like after a season or more of play?  I've never owned forged irons,except for a very very short amount of time with j15cb's, and I'm not sure what to expect. I see some used forged irons at golf galaxy that look like they've been through a wood chipper. I take it that isn't normal, but not sure what is.



I wondered this myself since my last two sets were Pings. I have about 25 rounds or more in them (65's) so far, many in temps in the teens with frozen grounds. Lots of range time with rock hard balls and I walk every round. So far they holding up as well or better than my Pings did in the same amount of rounds. I'll try to get up some pics later.
Ping G400 LST 8.5 TPT 14 proto
Testing fw's
Callaway Apex 20 Fuji 115i tour spec x-flex
Ping i200 Fuji 115i tour spec x-flex
Vokey 50*, 55* DG TI S400
TM Hi Toe 64* DG TI S400
Piretti Cortino 2
Srixon 2017 xv's

13

#74 mooseman76

mooseman76

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92403
  • Joined: 08/20/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:21 PM

View Postscottaz, on 07 January 2017 - 01:12 PM, said:

View Postmooseman76, on 07 January 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

I know these haven't been out long enough (so 745's would do), but does anyone have a pic of what these clubs look like after a season or more of play?  I've never owned forged irons,except for a very very short amount of time with j15cb's, and I'm not sure what to expect. I see some used forged irons at golf galaxy that look like they've been through a wood chipper. I take it that isn't normal, but not sure what is.


I wondered this myself since my last two sets were Pings. I have about 25 rounds or more in them (65's) so far, many in temps in the teens with frozen grounds. Lots of range time with rock hard balls and I walk every round. So far they holding up as well or better than my Pings did in the same amount of rounds. I'll try to get up some pics later.

That would be awesome. My last 4 sets have been Pings so it would be a good comparison for me. Thanks.

Edited by mooseman76, 07 January 2017 - 01:22 PM.


14

#75 MrWolf

MrWolf

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,411 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41616
  • Joined: 10/31/2007
  • Location:O-Town, ON
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 6589

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:28 PM

View Postmooseman76, on 07 January 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

I know these haven't been out long enough (so 745's would do), but does anyone have a pic of what these clubs look like after a season or more of play?  I've never owned forged irons,except for a very very short amount of time with j15cb's, and I'm not sure what to expect. I see some used forged irons at golf galaxy that look like they've been through a wood chipper. I take it that isn't normal, but not sure what is.

I can only speak for the 745's but the durability on them is outstanding. I've had mine since they came out and have used them a fair bit and they still look great. Contrast this with irons from other manufacturers that looked awful after a few range sessions.

///OGA Member #13 - 'The Man from Blighty'///

15

#76 eddiebigeddie

eddiebigeddie

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 296925
  • Joined: 02/15/2014
  • Location:South Central Ky
  • Handicap:17
  • Ebay ID:eddiebigeddie
GolfWRX Likes : 369

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:56 PM

View Posthurricanes7, on 07 January 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

View Posttheshadow1971, on 30 December 2016 - 09:42 AM, said:

View Posthurricanes7, on 01 December 2016 - 09:16 AM, said:

im definitely a lower ball flight guy. where do u get one to demo?
so basically the 965 compare to titleist mb
the 765 compare to ap2
the 565 compare to 565 in terms of looks and forgiveness?

I found the 765 is comparable AP2, MP66, Tour Pride M2's
565 comparable to the Cleveland CG Black Forged or AP1 Forged.

which one is more forgiving the ap2 or 765, and which one feels better
765 all day long and twice on Saturdays. ;)

Edited by eddiebigeddie, 07 January 2017 - 01:57 PM.

Cobra F8+ Volition (10.5d)……….Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 6s
Cobra F6 Baffler (17.5)..................Project X HZRDUS Red 75s
Cobra F7 Hybrid (22)...............…..Aldila Tour Blue 85s

PXG 0311XF (6-Gw)………………
SM6 (54/14)............……………….Nippon Modus 115
Taylormade Hi-Toe (60/10)............KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Mannkrafted MA/66 (Carbon)

Bennington LQO-9
GRINT...eddiebigeddie

16

#77 scottaz

scottaz

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,674 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 217197
  • Joined: 12/22/2012
  • Location:Pa.
GolfWRX Likes : 940

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:59 PM

View Postmooseman76, on 07 January 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

View Postscottaz, on 07 January 2017 - 01:12 PM, said:

View Postmooseman76, on 07 January 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

I know these haven't been out long enough (so 745's would do), but does anyone have a pic of what these clubs look like after a season or more of play?  I've never owned forged irons,except for a very very short amount of time with j15cb's, and I'm not sure what to expect. I see some used forged irons at golf galaxy that look like they've been through a wood chipper. I take it that isn't normal, but not sure what is.


I wondered this myself since my last two sets were Pings. I have about 25 rounds or more in them (65's) so far, many in temps in the teens with frozen grounds. Lots of range time with rock hard balls and I walk every round. So far they holding up as well or better than my Pings did in the same amount of rounds. I'll try to get up some pics later.

That would be awesome. My last 4 sets have been Pings so it would be a good comparison for me. Thanks.

I took pics of the 4, 9 and A since they looked the worst to me. The A got himself a cool scar recently.

Attached Thumbnails

  • thumbnail_IMG_0092.jpg
  • thumbnail_IMG_0098.jpg
  • thumbnail_IMG_0097.jpg
  • thumbnail_IMG_0094.jpg
  • thumbnail_IMG_0096.jpg
  • thumbnail_IMG_0095.jpg
  • thumbnail_IMG_0093.jpg
  • thumbnail_IMG_0100.jpg
  • thumbnail_IMG_0099.jpg

Ping G400 LST 8.5 TPT 14 proto
Testing fw's
Callaway Apex 20 Fuji 115i tour spec x-flex
Ping i200 Fuji 115i tour spec x-flex
Vokey 50*, 55* DG TI S400
TM Hi Toe 64* DG TI S400
Piretti Cortino 2
Srixon 2017 xv's

17

#78 SwooshLT

SwooshLT

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,358 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5901
  • Joined: 09/09/2005
  • Location:Loxahatchee,FL
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 1330

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:08 PM

View Postscottaz, on 07 January 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

View Postmooseman76, on 07 January 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

View Postscottaz, on 07 January 2017 - 01:12 PM, said:

View Postmooseman76, on 07 January 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

I know these haven't been out long enough (so 745's would do), but does anyone have a pic of what these clubs look like after a season or more of play?  I've never owned forged irons,except for a very very short amount of time with j15cb's, and I'm not sure what to expect. I see some used forged irons at golf galaxy that look like they've been through a wood chipper. I take it that isn't normal, but not sure what is.


I wondered this myself since my last two sets were Pings. I have about 25 rounds or more in them (65's) so far, many in temps in the teens with frozen grounds. Lots of range time with rock hard balls and I walk every round. So far they holding up as well or better than my Pings did in the same amount of rounds. I'll try to get up some pics later.

That would be awesome. My last 4 sets have been Pings so it would be a good comparison for me. Thanks.

I took pics of the 4, 9 and A since they looked the worst to me. The A got himself a cool scar recently.

Just love the chrome/satin split. ...small little bonus with bling in bag looks and non-glare satin at address

18

#79 mooseman76

mooseman76

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92403
  • Joined: 08/20/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:12 PM

Thanks for the pics. They look great. I'm assuming you do not use iron covers and they still look this good?  What kind of bag are you using for your walking rounds?  I've been using a sun mountain sync and push cart but want to start carrying this year.

19

#80 scottaz

scottaz

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,674 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 217197
  • Joined: 12/22/2012
  • Location:Pa.
GolfWRX Likes : 940

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:16 PM

View Postmooseman76, on 07 January 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

Thanks for the pics. They look great. I'm assuming you do not use iron covers and they still look this good?  What kind of bag are you using for your walking rounds?  I've been using a sun mountain sync and push cart but want to start carrying this year.

No covers. I use the Sun Mountain Zero G. Very cool bag. I walked over 120 rounds with it this year. My home club is a great walking course.

Edited by scottaz, 07 January 2017 - 02:16 PM.

Ping G400 LST 8.5 TPT 14 proto
Testing fw's
Callaway Apex 20 Fuji 115i tour spec x-flex
Ping i200 Fuji 115i tour spec x-flex
Vokey 50*, 55* DG TI S400
TM Hi Toe 64* DG TI S400
Piretti Cortino 2
Srixon 2017 xv's

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 hurricanes7

hurricanes7

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72127
  • Joined: 01/07/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 754

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:14 PM

120 rounds, how did u do that? the sticks looks great
DRIVER-  Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
3 WOOD- GBB Epic  Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
HYBRID-  Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
IRONS- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
GAP- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
SAND- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
LOB- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
PUTTER-  Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
BALL-   Callaway Chrome Soft X

21

#82 3woodvt

3woodvt

    Zero days

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 365369
  • Joined: 03/06/2015
  • Location:Rocky Mount VA
  • Handicap:+0.5
GolfWRX Likes : 727

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:10 PM

Mizuno player made the switch and couldn't be happier.  Nothing bad to say about Mizuno but like the Srixon's better.  I also like the old TA 6s from Cleveland and thought Cleveland was always an underrated company.

Edited by 3woodvt, 07 January 2017 - 07:12 PM.

Ping G LS 9* Graphite Design AD-GP 7X D3 44 3/4
Srixon F65 13.5* Miyazaki 6X  D2 43
Srixon 20* KBS V driving iron D2
Srixon Z945 4-PW KBS TourS 120 D1
Cleveland 2.0 50,**54**,59* D3
Ping Zing TR 35" Lamkin Deep Etched Chord
Srixon Z Star.
Lamkin Wrap Tech Midsize

22

#83 jah7838

jah7838

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76786
  • Joined: 03/05/2009
  • Ebay ID:jah7838
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:07 PM

So I know this is an old thread, but I wanted some input on a mixed set.

I currently have the Fly Z+ irons with S400 shafts, and I do like them. Plenty forgiving and feel great. The only thing I don't like is the lower irons are harder for me to flight down. They launch high, and can sometimes be harder for me to control, especially on windy days. That's the main reason I'm looking at a mixed set of 565/765/965 irons.

I was originally thinking of getting the 965 in the 9 iron and pw, but after taking a closer look at them in the store, I think the 765s will be just fine down to the pw. There doesn't seem to be as much weight lower in the club, so they should launch lower than the Fly Z+ irons.

I've played Adams CB1 irons in the past and hit them pretty well, so I'm not too worried about forgiveness of the 765s. I would probably for 565s in the 5 & 6 iron, and 765s in the 7-pw. I demoed the 765 6 iron in the store yesterday, and hit it just fine. Wasn't a fan of the Modus 125 in it, so I'll be getting the same s400 shafts in the mixed set.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
WITB
Driver: 9.5* M3 Proforce V2 7F4
Fairway: Adam 15* Super LS Attas Elements Earth 80s
Hybrids: 19* Adams XTD Super Hybrid Fujikura Rombax 115i, 23 Adams Super 9031 S300
Irons:  5-PW Fly Z+ DGTI S400
Wedges: 50*, 54*, 58* TM Milled Grind Standard Bounce
Putter: Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish

23

#84 aawebb1

aawebb1

    Snap chunk

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119040
  • Joined: 12/17/2010
  • Location:Nashville ,Tennessee
  • Ebay ID:aawebb8895
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:16 PM

I have a set of 565(5,6) and 765 (7-Aw) w/ modus 120's. Without a doubt the best irons for the money that I have owned. Long, forgiving , great feel. Since I tend miss  a little heavy, the v sole is amazing. You can really get away with a poor shot. I've owned and hoe'd many sets of irons, these are my favorite.

24

#85 Shilgy

Shilgy

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,345 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 235237
  • Joined: 03/07/2013
  • Location:Phoenix
  • Handicap:3.1
GolfWRX Likes : 6971

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:31 PM

Ditto for me. I thought I liked the Nike Vapor Pro Combo that I played for a couple years. The 765's are just longer and straighter. Nippon 125s in mine. Just picked up a U65 2 iron as well.
  Oops, gotta fix the profile! :)

TM M3 440 10* Graphite Design AD IZ 6x
TM M1 3w 14*  Graphite Design BB7s
TM M2  5w 18* Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8S or Srixon U65 18° Atmos Red 7s
Adams A12 UST Silver S 21°
Srixon Z765 5-AW Nippon Pro Modus3 125S
Titleist Vokey 54*F  58*S
Toulon Garage Rochester/ Toulon Rochester

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened .  :)

25

#86 jah7838

jah7838

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76786
  • Joined: 03/05/2009
  • Ebay ID:jah7838
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:31 AM

View Postaawebb1, on 17 September 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

I have a set of 565(5,6) and 765 (7-Aw) w/ modus 120's. Without a doubt the best irons for the money that I have owned. Long, forgiving , great feel. Since I tend miss  a little heavy, the v sole is amazing. You can really get away with a poor shot. I've owned and hoe'd many sets of irons, these are my favorite.

Thanks for the input.  My miss is a little heavy as well, so knowing this helps a lot.  I'm still a few weeks away from ordering them.  I don't really have a lot of time to play right now, but as soon as I get some more free time, I'll be getting the 565/765 mixed set.  I may even get a U65 4 iron...still debating that one.  I have a Super 9031 4 hybrid in the bag, and that club is just a tough one to beat out.
WITB
Driver: 9.5* M3 Proforce V2 7F4
Fairway: Adam 15* Super LS Attas Elements Earth 80s
Hybrids: 19* Adams XTD Super Hybrid Fujikura Rombax 115i, 23 Adams Super 9031 S300
Irons:  5-PW Fly Z+ DGTI S400
Wedges: 50*, 54*, 58* TM Milled Grind Standard Bounce
Putter: Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish

26

#87 73monte

73monte

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3106
  • Joined: 07/19/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 90

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:49 AM

View Postjah7838, on 18 September 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

View Postaawebb1, on 17 September 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

I have a set of 565(5,6) and 765 (7-Aw) w/ modus 120's. Without a doubt the best irons for the money that I have owned. Long, forgiving , great feel. Since I tend miss  a little heavy, the v sole is amazing. You can really get away with a poor shot. I've owned and hoe'd many sets of irons, these are my favorite.

Thanks for the input.  My miss is a little heavy as well, so knowing this helps a lot.  I'm still a few weeks away from ordering them.  I don't really have a lot of time to play right now, but as soon as I get some more free time, I'll be getting the 565/765 mixed set.  I may even get a U65 4 iron...still debating that one.  I have a Super 9031 4 hybrid in the bag, and that club is just a tough one to beat out.

I've also gamed the 9031 for a couple of years, and your so right in it being very tough to replace. I did in fact replace it with a U-65 20d. though. Absolutely fantastic utility iron. Extremely soft feel, and great off the tee, or fairway.

My dream set right now if I was looking, would be a blended  765 7-pw, 565 5-6, and U-65 3-4.
Titleist 917D3 9.5  
Titleist 917F2 13.5d
Titleist 818H2 17d. hybrid
Mltizuno JPX-850 forged 4-pw
Scratch 8620 53d..
Odyssey white hot tour #2

27

#88 theshadow1971

theshadow1971

    Shadow

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 375724
  • Joined: 05/13/2015
  • Location:Chonburi, Thailand
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:55 AM

View Post73monte, on 18 September 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

View Postjah7838, on 18 September 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

View Postaawebb1, on 17 September 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

I have a set of 565(5,6) and 765 (7-Aw) w/ modus 120's. Without a doubt the best irons for the money that I have owned. Long, forgiving , great feel. Since I tend miss  a little heavy, the v sole is amazing. You can really get away with a poor shot. I've owned and hoe'd many sets of irons, these are my favorite.

Thanks for the input.  My miss is a little heavy as well, so knowing this helps a lot.  I'm still a few weeks away from ordering them.  I don't really have a lot of time to play right now, but as soon as I get some more free time, I'll be getting the 565/765 mixed set.  I may even get a U65 4 iron...still debating that one.  I have a Super 9031 4 hybrid in the bag, and that club is just a tough one to beat out.

I've also gamed the 9031 for a couple of years, and your so right in it being very tough to replace. I did in fact replace it with a U-65 20d. though. Absolutely fantastic utility iron. Extremely soft feel, and great off the tee, or fairway.

My dream set right now if I was looking, would be a blended  765 7-pw, 565 5-6, and U-65 3-4.

The U65 is great , it is a shame for the 65 series that Srixon didn't make the "Tour" hybrids and fairway woods as they did for the 45series.   It seems a lot of players in USA/NA would have probably loved these options in addition to the utility irons.
Srixon (asian specs)

Z545 10.5* Driver
Z F45 15* 3W
Z H45 19* 3 Hybrid
Z745 3-PW

Z745 AW@51* & SW@57*

Cleveland Classic HB 2 Black Pearl Putter
Bridgestone B330RXS

28

#89 jah7838

jah7838

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76786
  • Joined: 03/05/2009
  • Ebay ID:jah7838
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:45 AM

View Posttheshadow1971, on 18 September 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

View Post73monte, on 18 September 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

View Postjah7838, on 18 September 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

View Postaawebb1, on 17 September 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

I have a set of 565(5,6) and 765 (7-Aw) w/ modus 120's. Without a doubt the best irons for the money that I have owned. Long, forgiving , great feel. Since I tend miss  a little heavy, the v sole is amazing. You can really get away with a poor shot. I've owned and hoe'd many sets of irons, these are my favorite.

Thanks for the input.  My miss is a little heavy as well, so knowing this helps a lot.  I'm still a few weeks away from ordering them.  I don't really have a lot of time to play right now, but as soon as I get some more free time, I'll be getting the 565/765 mixed set.  I may even get a U65 4 iron...still debating that one.  I have a Super 9031 4 hybrid in the bag, and that club is just a tough one to beat out.

I've also gamed the 9031 for a couple of years, and your so right in it being very tough to replace. I did in fact replace it with a U-65 20d. though. Absolutely fantastic utility iron. Extremely soft feel, and great off the tee, or fairway.

My dream set right now if I was looking, would be a blended  765 7-pw, 565 5-6, and U-65 3-4.

The U65 is great , it is a shame for the 65 series that Srixon didn't make the "Tour" hybrids and fairway woods as they did for the 45series.   It seems a lot of players in USA/NA would have probably loved these options in addition to the utility irons.

Thanks for the input on the U65.  It looks really easy to hit as well.  I have a couple of 19* Adams Hybrids (Super XTD & VTS) that I really like, so the 20* probably isn't going to happen, but the 23* is something I'm really considering just because of how good lit looks.  In my mind I'm going with the 565s in the 5 & 6 irons, and the 765s in the 7-PW.  I have my Milled Grind Wedges in 50, 54, & 58 that I'm pleased with as of now.
WITB
Driver: 9.5* M3 Proforce V2 7F4
Fairway: Adam 15* Super LS Attas Elements Earth 80s
Hybrids: 19* Adams XTD Super Hybrid Fujikura Rombax 115i, 23 Adams Super 9031 S300
Irons:  5-PW Fly Z+ DGTI S400
Wedges: 50*, 54*, 58* TM Milled Grind Standard Bounce
Putter: Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish

29

#90 m5power

m5power

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52647
  • Joined: 03/31/2008
  • Location:socal
  • Handicap:2.4
GolfWRX Likes : 144

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:07 PM

are these srixons 1/2" longer than most standard lengths? I picked up a set that is "standard" length but found them to be 1/2" longer than every other set that I have.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors