Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Rich Beem, Callaway's Equipment Specs

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mikal

mikal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13980
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:15 PM

Hi Guys,

Thought it was interesting seeing the exact equipment specs on the Golf.com website that Callaway keeps on file for Rich Beem.

link: http://www.golf.com/...09252-6,00.html

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 muxi87

muxi87

muxi87

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,076 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32234
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:01 PM

I was about to post that...

here's the image in case golf.com takes it down for some reason:
Posted Image

45.5* PW!!!  33.5* 7 iron...

Now we're getting the truth on some of these pros...you can call me skeptical, but I've seen a lot of the Tracman data, and I know some of the specs are a bit off.  I've seen guys with modest swing speeds hit some gorilla irons, and now I can see why.  I couldn't believe it when I saw the Beemer's name at the top of the excel sheet on that computer!!!

Here are Richard Johnson's specs if anyone is interested...he's also playing his irons a bit strong:
Posted Image

Edited by muxi87, 04 February 2008 - 05:03 PM.

#3 golfernut78

golfernut78

BOOMER SOONER

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 161
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:21 PM

View Postmuxi87, on Feb 4 2008, 04:01 PM, said:

Here are Richard Johnson's specs if anyone is interested...he's also playing his irons a bit strong:
Posted Image

those are the stock lofts for the pro combo tours, pro combo os, and cci forged - and compared to many irons these days, they are towards the weak side

#4 tourguytoo

tourguytoo

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20927

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:47 PM

View Postmuxi87, on Feb 4 2008, 02:01 PM, said:

I was about to post that...

here's the image in case golf.com takes it down for some reason:
Posted Image

45.5* PW!!!  33.5* 7 iron...

Now we're getting the truth on some of these pros...you can call me skeptical, but I've seen a lot of the Tracman data, and I know some of the specs are a bit off.  I've seen guys with modest swing speeds hit some gorilla irons, and now I can see why.  I couldn't believe it when I saw the Beemer's name at the top of the excel sheet on that computer!!!

Posted Image

Do you think that just becasue Rich Beem has 45.5 PW is why players hit it so much farther then you?  46/47 is fairly standered these days on blades.  That only .5/1.5 degress different.  Now with only that much of a difference does that mean tour players hit a PW 140 becasue of the loft and you dont cause your pw is 47, its only 2-3 yards per degree.  Sorry to break it to everyone the average player isnt as long as an average tour tour player.

#5 JHoward2010

JHoward2010

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 248
  • Ebay ID:JHoward2010

Posted 04 February 2008 - 08:11 PM

PING says that 1* change in loft equals 1/4 club, and 2* equals 1/2 club.  So if you use that, 45.5* compared to 47* equals roughly 5.625 yards.  That's a pretty big difference if you're a really good player in terms of dialing in the yardages you want to hit each iron and obtain a desired trajectory.  However, like Tourguytoo said, the PGA pros hit their irons as high and as far as they do because they hit the center of the clubface with a descending blow, hit the ball first and not the ground, and compress the ball into the turf.  Hitting off super firm and super tight fairways like they do helps to accomplish a good ball compress, but the basic reason is because they are the best in the world.

#6 Tighthead

Tighthead

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26143
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 04 February 2008 - 08:16 PM

Didn't Beem used to have some bizarre set up with two five irons or something?

#7 RunOfTheDill

RunOfTheDill

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34684
  • Ebay ID:RunOfTheDill

Posted 04 February 2008 - 08:19 PM

I think hes playing the hyper x now too.

#8 flavaflave

flavaflave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41620

Posted 04 February 2008 - 08:57 PM

View PostTighthead, on Feb 4 2008, 09:16 PM, said:

Didn't Beem used to have some bizarre set up with two five irons or something?

Yes. In the PGA in 2002 (the year he won), he carried a strong 4 iron, a weak 4 iron, and a 7 wood.

#9 scs1070

scs1070

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23195
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:33 PM

I guess you can look at lofts in one of 2 ways:

1.  You play the lofts the way they are and learn you distances.
2.  Adjust you lofts to play to the lofts you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors