Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Thinking about a GPS watch

34 replies to this topic

#31 Big Ben

Big Ben

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,252 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14306
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 760

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:39 PM

Anybody try the Voice Caddy vc300se? Love the simplicity don't even need to look at the thing. BB

Irons: Ping iBades
Drivers: Pink Ping G
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 850
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge WRX
Putter: STX Xform 2
Balls: Snell MTB

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 Stumpnav

Stumpnav

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 428448
  • Handicap:2.4
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:29 PM

I had the original Garmin S1 and loved it...until the band broke. The design does not allow for replacement of the band. All I really want is distance to F/M/B and maybe a hazard. I can calculate everything else with the yardage book. I also like to use a LRF.
I just ordered the Bushnell NEO ION because it was relatively cheap, provides the basic info I want and has great reviews.
I would like to try the Garmin S60 but that thing is dang expensive.
Epic 9.5 HZRDUS Black
Callaway 816 3W
Mizuno MP-53 3-PW
Callaway JAWS 52, 56
Callaway MD3 Forged 60
Odyssey RSX001
Chrome Soft

#33 jpcortese

jpcortese

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69656
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:22 PM

View PostStumpnav, on 06 January 2018 - 09:29 PM, said:

I had the original Garmin S1 and loved it...until the band broke. The design does not allow for replacement of the band. All I really want is distance to F/M/B and maybe a hazard. I can calculate everything else with the yardage book. I also like to use a LRF.
I just ordered the Bushnell NEO ION because it was relatively cheap, provides the basic info I want and has great reviews.

I'm having trouble selecting a GPS watch to replace my s1.  The s1 has been great and I'm looking for a Garmin (partial to Garmin) with FCB and hazards.  Don't need or want all the other activity and other stuff.  I play with a group of guys who have Bushnell and they are not too crazy about them.  Problem is that I can't find a Garmin golf watch without all those other features.

#34 Dpavs

Dpavs

OverWRX'ed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133444
GolfWRX Likes : 1698

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:48 PM

View Postjpcortese, on 08 January 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

I'm having trouble selecting a GPS watch to replace my s1.  The s1 has been great and I'm looking for a Garmin (partial to Garmin) with FCB and hazards.  Don't need or want all the other activity and other stuff.  I play with a group of guys who have Bushnell and they are not too crazy about them.  Problem is that I can't find a Garmin golf watch without all those other features.

Maybe you already saw my previous post but if you do not mind using a bag or belt clip the G10 maybe just what you are looking for.

Edited by Dpavs, 08 January 2018 - 03:52 PM.

#35 jpcortese

jpcortese

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69656
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:54 PM

View PostDpavs, on 08 January 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

View Postjpcortese, on 08 January 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

Maybe you already saw my previous post but if you do not mind using a bag or belt clip the G10 maybe just what you are looking for.

Thanks.  I'll look into it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors