Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

The 2016-2017 NBA basketball thread


788 replies to this topic

#61 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,410 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
  • Joined: 08/15/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 5849

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:58 PM



Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,958 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 18454

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:47 AM

Wonder if the Mavs tank this year and trade everyone.  They kinda suck... Cuban has long hinted at not wanting to do a long process when it's finally done...

Barnet,  Bogut,  dirk.... All these guys could help someone

Could the clippers figure out a way to get Barnes?  Maybe the Spurs could grab Bogut etc
Ping G LS Tec 9 w/Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Ping G20 Hybrid 17 w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S200
Odyssey Works Versa 1W Tank

2

#63 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,410 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
  • Joined: 08/15/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 5849

Posted 05 November 2016 - 08:35 AM

Clippers really need a wing player, they have needed one for years now. If the Clippers don't make it past the second around again, what do they do? Trade Blake or CP3? Doc doesn't take me as a guy that wants to reload great players for younger players and flexibility.

Jeff their was so much talk on here the prior years about Westbrook and Durants relationship, lots of us talked about the red flags. What are your thoughts on that now after hearing some of these stories over the last few months about how close they actually were?

Also- did you watch the Laker game last night? D'Angello looked like the best guard on the floor, he was turning Curry around (which isn't that hard) so they put Klay on him and D'Angello put his eye out more than once. Not sure how much you watched Ingram at all this year but he has some crazy potential on D and we all know he can score.

3

#64 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,958 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 18454

Posted 05 November 2016 - 01:29 PM

With regards to Westbrook and Durant it's hard to say....I mean they said all the right things for years, but clearly weren't that close in the end. We seem to be fairly sure that Durant didn't call him or speak to him before leaving, we seem to also be fairly sure that Russ was also pissed that Durant left

So maybe Russell felt there was at least some kind of mutual respect or shared goal even if they weren't "close friends", like they were still in it together. Otherwise Westbrook wouldn't be so pissed right now. I mean he didn't talk to Durant the other night, won't even answer questions about it in the media. It's not like when Harden turned down the contract and got traded, they all seemed friendly whenever they played Houston.

So my guess would be that Russ still thought of Durant as a partner in arms of some sort. I mean if Russ didn't like/respect Durant he wouldn't be pissed now. If a girl you hate breaks up with you , you aren't bitter about it for months...And if Westbrook really wanted it to be "his team" he also wouldn't be this mad. Durant doesn't seem to dislike Westbrook either FWIW, he did say a lot of nice stuff about him after leaving...maybe he just didn't think he owed him an explanation since they weren't buddies....who knows really

In the end it's quite possible that they just were teammates who were somewhat friendly and nothing more than that

Edited by MtlJeff, 05 November 2016 - 01:37 PM.

Ping G LS Tec 9 w/Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Ping G20 Hybrid 17 w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S200
Odyssey Works Versa 1W Tank

4

#65 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,958 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 18454

Posted 05 November 2016 - 03:47 PM

Scratch.....Just FYI this trade works in the trade machine but due to Rivers new deal would need to be after January 15th

Dallas gets: Deandre Jordan and Austin Rivers
Clippers get: Andrew Bogut and Harrison Barnes

Dallas wanted Deandre....And the Clips could play Paul/Redick/Barnes/Griffin/Bogut in what would be a great 2-way team

Clips would also have 3 ex warriors who would be really motivated!

Ping G LS Tec 9 w/Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Ping G20 Hybrid 17 w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S200
Odyssey Works Versa 1W Tank

5

#66 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,410 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
  • Joined: 08/15/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 5849

Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:32 PM

I don't think they would trade Jordan, he is probably the best rim protector in the league, he's wrapped up for a while, good contract with the new cap, and might still have his best years ahead of him. I think they are more likely to trade CP3 or Blake, but I honestly don't think Doc is interested in "revamping" they will just continue to be the Clippers.

6

#67 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,958 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 18454

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:56 PM

There's an unwritten rule in OKC that all white dudes must have massive amounts of facial hair.  I'm sure of it

The wolves should be better than this.  Still a lot of talent which is evident... But no system or flow. They look like streetball team too much.  I mean they'll figure it out.... But Wiggins is 3rd year now,  can't go 20-62 here

Edited by MtlJeff, 05 November 2016 - 06:57 PM.

Ping G LS Tec 9 w/Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Ping G20 Hybrid 17 w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S200
Odyssey Works Versa 1W Tank

7

#68 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,958 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 18454

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:24 PM

Well obviously it's not the same Thunder, but OKC is still really fun. I am happy to maintain my homer status with them.

They are a unique team, it's Westbrook and a bunch of bruisers pretty much. Their young bigs are very impressive, though varying levels of rawness obviously. Kanter shows flashes of being dominant, i said last year he probably has the best hands of any big man in the league. He catches anything thrown his way, he can dribble, he can put the ball on his hip and double pump it through traffic. He's the type of guy that can carry you through a quarter when he has it going. Defensively he is trying. Adams has the highest ceiling, he's throwing no look passes tonight, he has a soft touch...You'd think HE was Arvydas's kid....But Adams will still bumble the ball away a few times or try to dribble around a guard and lose it. They love Sabonis too and he is another active skilled big guy.

A lot of what they do is Westbrook or Oladipo barreling to the basket and throwing it up, and then crashing the boards like crazy. As far as weird systems go....it kinda works. They are a physically dominant team. Especially when you add that Andre Roberson is probably the best rebounder for a 6'7 guy in the league. This was a guy who finished 3rd in the NCAA in rebounding as a SF. Westbrook is one of the top rebounding guards. This team will crush you on the glass

They are straight outta 1965 baby

Edited by MtlJeff, 05 November 2016 - 07:26 PM.

Ping G LS Tec 9 w/Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Ping G20 Hybrid 17 w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S200
Odyssey Works Versa 1W Tank

8

#69 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,958 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 18454

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:35 PM

Interestingly just kind of a fun stat, Kawhi Leonard was probably the preseason MVP favorite, and is leading the NBA in PER through 6 games. If he were to win the award he would tie Steve Nash for the lowest draft pick to win MVP basically of the modern era

Both he and Nash were picked 15th overall
Ping G LS Tec 9 w/Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Ping G20 Hybrid 17 w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S200
Odyssey Works Versa 1W Tank

9

#70 Judge440

Judge440

    Titleist will always have my heart.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,513 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11997
  • Joined: 02/15/2006
  • Location:Cleveland, OH USA
  • Handicap:4.4
GolfWRX Likes : 375

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:51 AM

View PostMtlJeff, on 05 November 2016 - 07:24 PM, said:

Well obviously it's not the same Thunder, but OKC is still really fun. I am happy to maintain my homer status with them.

They are a unique team, it's Westbrook and a bunch of bruisers pretty much. Their young bigs are very impressive, though varying levels of rawness obviously. Kanter shows flashes of being dominant, i said last year he probably has the best hands of any big man in the league. He catches anything thrown his way, he can dribble, he can put the ball on his hip and double pump it through traffic. He's the type of guy that can carry you through a quarter when he has it going. Defensively he is trying. Adams has the highest ceiling, he's throwing no look passes tonight, he has a soft touch...You'd think HE was Arvydas's kid....But Adams will still bumble the ball away a few times or try to dribble around a guard and lose it. They love Sabonis too and he is another active skilled big guy.

A lot of what they do is Westbrook or Oladipo barreling to the basket and throwing it up, and then crashing the boards like crazy. As far as weird systems go....it kinda works. They are a physically dominant team. Especially when you add that Andre Roberson is probably the best rebounder for a 6'7 guy in the league. This was a guy who finished 3rd in the NCAA in rebounding as a SF. Westbrook is one of the top rebounding guards. This team will crush you on the glass

They are straight outta 1965 baby

I still don't get Roberson.  I know he's a glue guy and plays hard and probably gets tough defensive assignments but averaging 5 points and 5 boards a game with bad shooting percentages...I just don't get it.  They could use someone to space the floor at that spot.

Callaway Epic SZ 9.5* - UST Elements Chrome 7S
Callaway Epic SZ 15* - UST Elements Chrome 7S
TM R15 Tour Issue 19* - Veylix Rome 988 S
PXG 0311T - ProjectX LZ 6.0
Titleist Vokey SM6 50*F/54*V/60*V - TI S400
Bettinardi DASS BBZero Tour Dept


WITB Link

https://www.instagram.com/justincle/

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,958 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 18454

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:16 AM

They should trade him to your guys or the clippers.  I don't think OKC wants to pay him 10m+... So let the clips or Cavs rent him on the cheap to add a Durant defender who can play 20 mins a night


Ping G LS Tec 9 w/Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Ping G20 Hybrid 17 w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S200
Odyssey Works Versa 1W Tank

11

#72 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,410 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
  • Joined: 08/15/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 5849

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:41 AM

Luke has been incredible so far.... The effort between this years Lakers team and last years has been night and day.... He turned Swaggy P from the end of the bench to a starter and the best on the ball defender that the Laker's have. He also played a role in Clarkson taking on the bench role. The Laker's have the number one scoring bench in the league, they have beaten three playoff teams and are undefeated at home.

Edited by scratchswinger, 07 November 2016 - 05:28 PM.


12

#73 Ironman2010

Ironman2010

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 444370
  • Joined: 10/20/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:26
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:41 PM

View PostMtlJeff, on 05 November 2016 - 07:35 PM, said:

Interestingly just kind of a fun stat, Kawhi Leonard was probably the preseason MVP favorite, and is leading the NBA in PER through 6 games. If he were to win the award he would tie Steve Nash for the lowest draft pick to win MVP basically of the modern era

Both he and Nash were picked 15th overall

I bet that would make the 14 teams feel really silly for passing up Kawhi in the draft...

13

#74 F171615

F171615

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86740
  • Joined: 06/26/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:26 PM

View PostMtlJeff, on 05 November 2016 - 01:29 PM, said:

With regards to Westbrook and Durant it's hard to say....I mean they said all the right things for years, but clearly weren't that close in the end. We seem to be fairly sure that Durant didn't call him or speak to him before leaving, we seem to also be fairly sure that Russ was also pissed that Durant left

So maybe Russell felt there was at least some kind of mutual respect or shared goal even if they weren't "close friends", like they were still in it together. Otherwise Westbrook wouldn't be so pissed right now. I mean he didn't talk to Durant the other night, won't even answer questions about it in the media. It's not like when Harden turned down the contract and got traded, they all seemed friendly whenever they played Houston.

So my guess would be that Russ still thought of Durant as a partner in arms of some sort. I mean if Russ didn't like/respect Durant he wouldn't be pissed now. If a girl you hate breaks up with you , you aren't bitter about it for months...And if Westbrook really wanted it to be "his team" he also wouldn't be this mad. Durant doesn't seem to dislike Westbrook either FWIW, he did say a lot of nice stuff about him after leaving...maybe he just didn't think he owed him an explanation since they weren't buddies....who knows really

In the end it's quite possible that they just were teammates who were somewhat friendly and nothing more than that

I don't think it's fair to paint Westbrook as the spurned lover sort in this scenario.  I think Westbrook did get exactly what he wanted.  He wanted the team to be his, he made no effort to keep Durant around, and he wasn't good buddies with Durant.  I think in every way he got what he wants.  But I also think Westbrook's personality is that he likes to be angry.  His anger is what seems to motivate is effort on the court.  It's just the way some people's personalities are, they prefer to be mad, even when they get what they want.

14

#75 F171615

F171615

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86740
  • Joined: 06/26/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:29 PM

View Postscratchswinger, on 07 November 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

Luke has been incredible so far.... The effort between this years Lakers team and last years has been night an day.... He turned Swaggy P from the end of the bench to a started and the best on the ball defender that the Laker's have. He also played a role in Clarkson taking on the bench role. The Laker's have the number one scoring bench in the league, they have beaten three playoff teams and are undefeated at home.

Luke has absolutely been incredible.  That last season with the way the Lakers handled that Kobe situation was terrible.  I thought it would have long lasting detrimental effects for the young players on the team.  But the team's attitude and culture seems to have legitimately changed.  And having early success certainly adds credibility in the players eyes to buy into what Luke is selling.


15

#76 Judge440

Judge440

    Titleist will always have my heart.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,513 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11997
  • Joined: 02/15/2006
  • Location:Cleveland, OH USA
  • Handicap:4.4
GolfWRX Likes : 375

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:32 PM

View Postscratchswinger, on 05 November 2016 - 08:35 AM, said:

Clippers really need a wing player, they have needed one for years now. If the Clippers don't make it past the second around again, what do they do? Trade Blake or CP3? Doc doesn't take me as a guy that wants to reload great players for younger players and flexibility.

Jeff their was so much talk on here the prior years about Westbrook and Durants relationship, lots of us talked about the red flags. What are your thoughts on that now after hearing some of these stories over the last few months about how close they actually were?

Also- did you watch the Laker game last night? D'Angello looked like the best guard on the floor, he was turning Curry around (which isn't that hard) so they put Klay on him and D'Angello put his eye out more than once. Not sure how much you watched Ingram at all this year but he has some crazy potential on D and we all know he can score.

The Lakers are refreshing.  Good stuff going on out there.
Callaway Epic SZ 9.5* - UST Elements Chrome 7S
Callaway Epic SZ 15* - UST Elements Chrome 7S
TM R15 Tour Issue 19* - Veylix Rome 988 S
PXG 0311T - ProjectX LZ 6.0
Titleist Vokey SM6 50*F/54*V/60*V - TI S400
Bettinardi DASS BBZero Tour Dept


WITB Link

https://www.instagram.com/justincle/

16

#77 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,958 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 18454

Posted 07 November 2016 - 07:01 PM

View Postscratchswinger, on 07 November 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

Luke has been incredible so far.... The effort between this years Lakers team and last years has been night and day.... He turned Swaggy P from the end of the bench to a starter and the best on the ball defender that the Laker's have. He also played a role in Clarkson taking on the bench role. The Laker's have the number one scoring bench in the league, they have beaten three playoff teams and are undefeated at home.

I have to watch the Lakers...have not seen much of them yet...How does Ingram look?
Ping G LS Tec 9 w/Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Ping G20 Hybrid 17 w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S200
Odyssey Works Versa 1W Tank

17

#78 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,410 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
  • Joined: 08/15/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 5849

Posted 07 November 2016 - 07:44 PM

View PostMtlJeff, on 07 November 2016 - 07:01 PM, said:

View Postscratchswinger, on 07 November 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

Luke has been incredible so far.... The effort between this years Lakers team and last years has been night and day.... He turned Swaggy P from the end of the bench to a starter and the best on the ball defender that the Laker's have. He also played a role in Clarkson taking on the bench role. The Laker's have the number one scoring bench in the league, they have beaten three playoff teams and are undefeated at home.

I have to watch the Lakers...have not seen much of them yet...How does Ingram look?

He still has nerves for sure and is getting comfortable, he has missed a lot of good looks.... He is playing PG at times and looks really good handling the ball.... His defense and length is going to be a problem for other teams, at least once a game someone try's to lob on over him and he just reaches up and snatches is, you can tell they don't expect him to reach it. He looks to be very patient and is not pressing at all....

18

#79 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,958 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 18454

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:18 PM

I've said it before and i'll say it again....i am adopting Charlotte as one of my favorite teams. They are 2 pts away from having 9 guys in double figures tonight
Ping G LS Tec 9 w/Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Ping G20 Hybrid 17 w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S200
Odyssey Works Versa 1W Tank

19

#80 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,410 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
  • Joined: 08/15/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 5849

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:31 AM

View PostF171615, on 07 November 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

View Postscratchswinger, on 07 November 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

Luke has been incredible so far.... The effort between this years Lakers team and last years has been night an day.... He turned Swaggy P from the end of the bench to a started and the best on the ball defender that the Laker's have. He also played a role in Clarkson taking on the bench role. The Laker's have the number one scoring bench in the league, they have beaten three playoff teams and are undefeated at home.

Luke has absolutely been incredible.  That last season with the way the Lakers handled that Kobe situation was terrible.  I thought it would have long lasting detrimental effects for the young players on the team.  But the team's attitude and culture seems to have legitimately changed.  And having early success certainly adds credibility in the players eyes to buy into what Luke is selling.

I actually think they did an excellent job at handling Kobes last season. I think they intentionally tanked without officially tanking and it worked.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 baseballfrk8998

baseballfrk8998

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124978
  • Joined: 03/21/2011
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 788

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:27 AM

https://streamable.com/p2am

Lol...
8.5* Tour Issue 07 Burner // PL Red 65x
14* SLDR // Speeder 8.3x
19* SLDR Resuce // Speeder 9.3s
RocketBladez Tour 4-PW // C-Taper
52* & 58* Callaway MD2 // S-300
Odyssey Metal X Milled #1

21

#82 F171615

F171615

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86740
  • Joined: 06/26/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:00 PM

View Postscratchswinger, on 08 November 2016 - 01:31 AM, said:

View PostF171615, on 07 November 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

View Postscratchswinger, on 07 November 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

Luke has been incredible so far.... The effort between this years Lakers team and last years has been night an day.... He turned Swaggy P from the end of the bench to a started and the best on the ball defender that the Laker's have. He also played a role in Clarkson taking on the bench role. The Laker's have the number one scoring bench in the league, they have beaten three playoff teams and are undefeated at home.

Luke has absolutely been incredible.  That last season with the way the Lakers handled that Kobe situation was terrible.  I thought it would have long lasting detrimental effects for the young players on the team.  But the team's attitude and culture seems to have legitimately changed.  And having early success certainly adds credibility in the players eyes to buy into what Luke is selling.

I actually think they did an excellent job at handling Kobes last season. I think they intentionally tanked without officially tanking and it worked.

They needed to lose last year, and they did a good job at that; and it paid off by getting to draft Ingram.  But I didn't like how the young guys seemed so disinterested when on the court, and didn't develop at all.  And then, when they would make a mistake (which I guess would be not passing it to Kobe fast enough and getting out of his way), they would get berated and not understand why.  When young guys go through extended periods of time like that, when they should be developing, it could hinder their long term development.
But now, with Walton as their coach, they are playing with so much energy and hustle.  Every player that steps onto the court is hustling on every play.  And when all five guys are giving the proverbial 110%, it makes a huge difference.

22

#83 F171615

F171615

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86740
  • Joined: 06/26/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:06 PM

View Postbaseballfrk8998, on 08 November 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:


wtf????  seriously though, a forced bad shot from Curry yields more points per shot than a good look from your average player.  So I guess that's a well run play.

23

#84 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,958 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 18454

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:11 PM

Golden State pretty much has 2 players where "dribble the ball past half-court and shoot a pull-up jumper" is a legit high percentage offense.
Ping G LS Tec 9 w/Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Ping G20 Hybrid 17 w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S200
Odyssey Works Versa 1W Tank

24

#85 CommerceTiger

CommerceTiger

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 257846
  • Joined: 06/22/2013
  • Location:Commerce, GA
  • Handicap:4.2
GolfWRX Likes : 1086

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:50 PM

So anyone gonna talk about my hawks?

Adams Fast 12LS w/ Motore Speeder TS
Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
TM RSI Tours w/ Nippon NS Pro 950
Cleveland RTX 588 52* and TM Tour Preferred 58*
Nike Method Matter B5
WITB Link

25

#86 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,249 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99408
  • Joined: 11/30/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 3387

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:04 PM

View PostJudge440, on 07 November 2016 - 04:32 PM, said:

View Postscratchswinger, on 05 November 2016 - 08:35 AM, said:

Clippers really need a wing player, they have needed one for years now. If the Clippers don't make it past the second around again, what do they do? Trade Blake or CP3? Doc doesn't take me as a guy that wants to reload great players for younger players and flexibility.

Jeff their was so much talk on here the prior years about Westbrook and Durants relationship, lots of us talked about the red flags. What are your thoughts on that now after hearing some of these stories over the last few months about how close they actually were?

Also- did you watch the Laker game last night? D'Angello looked like the best guard on the floor, he was turning Curry around (which isn't that hard) so they put Klay on him and D'Angello put his eye out more than once. Not sure how much you watched Ingram at all this year but he has some crazy potential on D and we all know he can score.

The Lakers are refreshing.  Good stuff going on out there.

I can't believe I was rooting for them the other night. I've always vehemently hated them.
Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

26

#87 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,410 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
  • Joined: 08/15/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 5849

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:26 PM

View Postdeadsolid...shank, on 08 November 2016 - 10:04 PM, said:

View PostJudge440, on 07 November 2016 - 04:32 PM, said:

View Postscratchswinger, on 05 November 2016 - 08:35 AM, said:

Clippers really need a wing player, they have needed one for years now. If the Clippers don't make it past the second around again, what do they do? Trade Blake or CP3? Doc doesn't take me as a guy that wants to reload great players for younger players and flexibility.

Jeff their was so much talk on here the prior years about Westbrook and Durants relationship, lots of us talked about the red flags. What are your thoughts on that now after hearing some of these stories over the last few months about how close they actually were?

Also- did you watch the Laker game last night? D'Angello looked like the best guard on the floor, he was turning Curry around (which isn't that hard) so they put Klay on him and D'Angello put his eye out more than once. Not sure how much you watched Ingram at all this year but he has some crazy potential on D and we all know he can score.

The Lakers are refreshing.  Good stuff going on out there.

I can't believe I was rooting for them the other night. I've always vehemently hated them.

Show them love for me brotha!

View PostMtlJeff, on 08 November 2016 - 08:11 PM, said:

Golden State pretty much has 2 players where "dribble the ball past half-court and shoot a pull-up jumper" is a legit high percentage offense.

I can't figure out which two you are referring to!

27

#88 baseballfrk8998

baseballfrk8998

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124978
  • Joined: 03/21/2011
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 788

Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:53 AM

My Mavs stink but Barnes has been killing it early on!
8.5* Tour Issue 07 Burner // PL Red 65x
14* SLDR // Speeder 8.3x
19* SLDR Resuce // Speeder 9.3s
RocketBladez Tour 4-PW // C-Taper
52* & 58* Callaway MD2 // S-300
Odyssey Metal X Milled #1

28

#89 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,958 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 18454

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:33 PM

Demar Derozan is human lava right now...37-6-4 with 3 stls on 13-22 shooting tonight. He's gotta be on the "people to watch" list for this year. I mean realistically he's coming into his prime so it's possible he could be getting incrementally better (he obviously won't keep this pace up). But he can dribble, get to the line, has much improved as a passer. I wonder if he goes from "really good player" to "genuine problem you have to prepare for"

Wiggins seems to be getting better, his 3pt shot is looking good early in the year which was his biggest priority to work on. He's a very smooth players. I love that they have Towns though....i really don't think he would ever be comfortable as a #1 option, but he looks right at home putting up his 20-23 and fulfilling his destiny as a wing defender.

Charlotte moves to 6-1, they had 7 players with 9pts or more again tonight.....Love Charlotte.

Zach Lowe wrote a nice piece today talking about OKC and Houston and how awful they are without Harden and Westbrook on the floor. Really amazing how much these guys do for their teams. I wish Harden would up the defensive effort a bit...he is such an amazing offensive talent, he may lead the league in points and assists this year. But it's against my religion to love a guy who doesn't D up
Ping G LS Tec 9 w/Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Ping G20 Hybrid 17 w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S200
Odyssey Works Versa 1W Tank

29

#90 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,958 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 18454

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:40 PM

Dallas sitting everyone tonight against GSW, whatever the spread is, it could be 75pts....take the Warriors. This will be a bloodbath

Ping G LS Tec 9 w/Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Ping G20 Hybrid 17 w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S200
Odyssey Works Versa 1W Tank

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors