Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

The 2016-2017 NBA basketball thread


750 replies to this topic

#1 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 17674

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:25 PM

Well it's that time of year for the 4th or 5th (can't remember) annual NBA thread. I hope all the usual suspects are still members here and ready for another year

It's a bittersweet feeling starting this up again for me. As a noted OKC homer it's disappointing i won't get the chance to root for the usual suspects. No more Ibaka, no more Durant....just my favorite player, Russell Westbrook going batsh*t crazy for 82 games surrounded by brutish offensive rebounders and defenders. I will learn to love it.

Golden State and Cleveland take a lot of the suspense out of things barring injury, as both teams look clearly a class above their respective conferences, a competitive San Antonio Spurs and LA Clippers notwithstanding.

Will be interested in seeing if LAC or the Spurs make a move to win this year, or if most of the NBA just effectively punts the season and concedes the finals to Cleveland and Golden State (which could happen).

Overall i'm not as excited for this season. Seems so pre-ordained. Hopefully i will be wrong....

But my guess is once things get going, my usual favorites....Westbrook, Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, The entire Minnesota Timberwolves roster (WIGGINSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), Anthony Davis, my newfound respect for James Harden (seriously, how many guys re-sign early and say they love their city?), the scrappy Celtics, the Boogie rumors, and the chance i get get to take part in a gangbang with Derrick Rose.....will all suck me in yet again

Let it begin Gentlemen

Callaway Epic SubZero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 52, 56 w/S200
Callaway MD3 Milled 60/9 w/S300
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1

#2 baseballfrk8998

baseballfrk8998

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124978
  • Joined: 03/21/2011
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 788

Posted 12 October 2016 - 09:57 PM

Yay!

Most disappointing thing for me thus far isn't that Harrison Barnes still hasn't found his shot (ugh), but rather that Ben Simmons is out until probably January or so. This guy looks like the real deal for Philly based on what I saw in the summer league. Here's to hoping we get to see him and Embiid on the court for significant minutes this season!

I think Utah is going to be a nice team this season despite the fact that Hayward is going to miss 10-15 games. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they ended up in the 4-6 seed. I think they made some nice acquisitions this summer, including Diaw and George Hill.

Watching Giannis play PG in Milwaukee is going to be exciting. The guy is a freak of nature and actually has good vision for someone of his size. Plus he's learning from Jason Kidd!

As much as I'm not a Houston fan, they're going to be super exciting to watch. D'Antoni has moved Harden to the point and they've done a nice job of putting shooting around him in Arica, Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon. I also think KJ McDaniels could be a really nice rotational piece given his size and athleticism for a SG in D'Antoni's system.

Where will JR Smith end up? I can't believe Cleveland hasn't signed him yet. He was an integral part of their postseason success last year IMO.

And Golden State. Ugh. For their sake, can we just sim the regular season with injuries off so we can get to the postseason already? Ha.

Edited by baseballfrk8998, 12 October 2016 - 09:59 PM.

8.5* Tour Issue 07 Burner // PL Red 65x
14* SLDR // Speeder 8.3x
19* SLDR Resuce // Speeder 9.3s
RocketBladez Tour 4-PW // C-Taper
52* & 58* Callaway MD2 // S-300
Odyssey Metal X Milled #1

2

#3 BoogieThumper

BoogieThumper

    Sweet Jonez

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 309249
  • Joined: 04/17/2014
  • Location:Bay Area
  • Ebay ID:Ronthesavage
GolfWRX Likes : 1020

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:37 AM

I've been a Warrior fan since the days of Sleepy Floyd. I've seen players choke coaches, I've watched this team draft Adonal Foyle instead of Kobe Bean Bryant. With that said I'm overjoyed with how far this entire organization has come in the last 4-5 years. BUT the addition of Kevin Durant almost seems like we got beat up fair and square but we ran home to get our big brother for help. The Warriors technically did nothing wrong in signing Durant, who wouldn't? If they win the Championship this season great I'll be at the parade again, but it'll feel like LeBron's first Miami title to me.

I would've LOVED the Warriors get rid of Harrison Barnes and pick up Al-Farouq Aminu from Portland (I believe he was a Free Agent Last Summer) With that addition they still could've kept alot of their bench players. Im glad they got rid of Bogut. He has heart but he breaks down too much and cant be counted on for a full 82.
NIKEGOLF
Vapor Fly
Vapor Flex 5-wood set to 17*
VRS 3-Hybrid
Covert 5-AW
Engage Toe Sweep 54*/Dual Sole 58*
Method Converge S1-12 Counterflex
RZN Tour Platinum

3

#4 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 17674

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:11 PM

I've said it before and i'll say it again (even though they won the title)....i just think Cleveland is a great team, and also sitting on one of the best trade assets in basketball. Kevin Love is not a great fit for them, they won the title while playing him 20 minutes a game.

Lebron is a basketball god, no one in the league jumped a notch more then Kyrie Irving last year. His defense in the finals vaulted him to a potential top 6-7 player in the NBA. Between the 2 of them they can run that offense, and they have a solid defense.

They could trade Love to a team that could run their offense around him (where he would be really valuable) for a 2-way player.

Again for the millionth time, how does Love for Derrick Favors (and say, Alec Burks) not help both teams? Love would run the Utah offense while playing next to the french rejection/stifle tower, who could hide his defensive issues....And Cleveland gets a good offensive player who is a vastly better defender, and depth on the wing.

Both teams get better!!!! Love is a terrible fit for Cleveland!!!!
Callaway Epic SubZero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 52, 56 w/S200
Callaway MD3 Milled 60/9 w/S300
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

4

#5 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 17674

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:25 PM

View Postbaseballfrk8998, on 12 October 2016 - 09:57 PM, said:

Yay!

Most disappointing thing for me thus far isn't that Harrison Barnes still hasn't found his shot (ugh), but rather that Ben Simmons is out until probably January or so. This guy looks like the real deal for Philly based on what I saw in the summer league. Here's to hoping we get to see him and Embiid on the court for significant minutes this season!

I think Utah is going to be a nice team this season despite the fact that Hayward is going to miss 10-15 games. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they ended up in the 4-6 seed. I think they made some nice acquisitions this summer, including Diaw and George Hill.

Watching Giannis play PG in Milwaukee is going to be exciting. The guy is a freak of nature and actually has good vision for someone of his size. Plus he's learning from Jason Kidd!

As much as I'm not a Houston fan, they're going to be super exciting to watch. D'Antoni has moved Harden to the point and they've done a nice job of putting shooting around him in Arica, Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon. I also think KJ McDaniels could be a really nice rotational piece given his size and athleticism for a SG in D'Antoni's system.

Where will JR Smith end up? I can't believe Cleveland hasn't signed him yet. He was an integral part of their postseason success last year IMO.

And Golden State. Ugh. For their sake, can we just sim the regular season with injuries off so we can get to the postseason already? Ha.

The #4 seed in the West is a really fun race to monitor. The top 3 barring catastrophic injury are a done deal....

But after that? My guess is that it's probably between Utah, OKC and Portland.

Utah will benefit from George Hill's veteran savvy and defense. Portland has Damian Lillard and a bunch of solid players with a lot of depth

But i look at OKC, and even as an admitted homer....this is a team with a superstar, and veterans who also know who they are. They revolve around Westbrook's brilliance, and maybe the best offensive rebounding in the history of basketball with Adams, Kanter and Roberson. They lack shooting, but they have Russell, brutish big men, and swiss army Oladipo

I pick OKC for the #4 seed

Callaway Epic SubZero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 52, 56 w/S200
Callaway MD3 Milled 60/9 w/S300
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

5

#6 gambit

gambit

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120529
  • Joined: 01/14/2011
  • Location:Bay Area
GolfWRX Likes : 593

Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:38 AM

It starts tonight. The top teams are pretty much a lock (Warriors, Spurs, Cavs). I'm curious about the Knicks and how they'll play. Does Kristaps have a sophomore slump or does he become an all star? Is Melo going to be OK with less shot attempts if Rose takes more? I feel like the Wolves are going to take a major leap this year. Rubio should be coming off the bench or be trade bait by mid season. Big KAT could be the best big man in the league this year. Can't believe the GMs picked Jordan over Cousins for that spot. Here's to Steph, Kalyn and KD getting 20+ a piece tonight.
M1 440 9.5 w/ Veylix Rome 688 Wildeye
TEE CB Pro 16.5* w/ AD-GT 8x
Tour Issue Aeroburner 5HL 21* w/ AD-GT 8x
Adams Pro Mini 24* w/ DI 95x
Miura 57 CB 5-P w/ Steelfiber i95S
Miura New Wedge Series 51, 55, 59 w/ KBS Tour Wedge Shafts
Byron Morgan 612

6

#7 F171615

F171615

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86740
  • Joined: 06/26/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 25 October 2016 - 01:20 PM

View Postgambit, on 25 October 2016 - 11:38 AM, said:

It starts tonight. The top teams are pretty much a lock (Warriors, Spurs, Cavs). I'm curious about the Knicks and how they'll play. Does Kristaps have a sophomore slump or does he become an all star? Is Melo going to be OK with less shot attempts if Rose takes more? I feel like the Wolves are going to take a major leap this year. Rubio should be coming off the bench or be trade bait by mid season. Big KAT could be the best big man in the league this year. Can't believe the GMs picked Jordan over Cousins for that spot. Here's to Steph, Kalyn and KD getting 20+ a piece tonight.

Why no love for Rubio?  I'm really excited to see how the Twolves develop this year, and am also expecting a big leap made by them.  But to me, Rubio seems like a particularly good point guard for a team filled with players who you're hoping to still develop.

7

#8 gambit

gambit

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120529
  • Joined: 01/14/2011
  • Location:Bay Area
GolfWRX Likes : 593

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:24 PM

View PostF171615, on 25 October 2016 - 01:20 PM, said:

View Postgambit, on 25 October 2016 - 11:38 AM, said:

It starts tonight. The top teams are pretty much a lock (Warriors, Spurs, Cavs). I'm curious about the Knicks and how they'll play. Does Kristaps have a sophomore slump or does he become an all star? Is Melo going to be OK with less shot attempts if Rose takes more? I feel like the Wolves are going to take a major leap this year. Rubio should be coming off the bench or be trade bait by mid season. Big KAT could be the best big man in the league this year. Can't believe the GMs picked Jordan over Cousins for that spot. Here's to Steph, Kalyn and KD getting 20+ a piece tonight.

Why no love for Rubio?  I'm really excited to see how the Twolves develop this year, and am also expecting a big leap made by them.  But to me, Rubio seems like a particularly good point guard for a team filled with players who you're hoping to still develop.

I've never been a fan of Rubio. I thought he was OK coming into the league, but didn't see anything special. He's got good handles and can pass, but when I watch him it boggles my mind that since he's come into the league he still has a horrific jumper...especially for a guard. I think his D is meh and so is his ability to finish with his left.
M1 440 9.5 w/ Veylix Rome 688 Wildeye
TEE CB Pro 16.5* w/ AD-GT 8x
Tour Issue Aeroburner 5HL 21* w/ AD-GT 8x
Adams Pro Mini 24* w/ DI 95x
Miura 57 CB 5-P w/ Steelfiber i95S
Miura New Wedge Series 51, 55, 59 w/ KBS Tour Wedge Shafts
Byron Morgan 612

8

#9 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 17674

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:53 PM

Lebron 12-7-7 at the half in the debut. Honestly i expected him to show up for the first 20 games in pajamas, slippers, a sleep mask, and one of those hats with the pom-pom on top and just LOL his way through the first part of the season. Maybe have a shirt that says "wake me up at the all-star break"

I think  the Timberwolves are this year's chic "maybe they'll be good' team, which probably means they'll suck.

Of course i love the Wolves. But i hope they trade Rubio. My concern is that he is a good defender so Thibs will refuse to trade him....but he has trade value right now (good defender and tremendous passer, young) and Kris Dunn i think is the real deal. I think they could get another prospect for Rubio and that makes the best sense long term

I said this in last year's thread. But Sacramento has no PG and 100 frontcourt players. Wouldn't they do Rubio for Cauley Stein, Ben Mclemore and salary filler?
Callaway Epic SubZero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 52, 56 w/S200
Callaway MD3 Milled 60/9 w/S300
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

9

#10 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 17674

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:24 PM

I look at Kyrie so differently now after seeing him play such great defense down the stretch last year. Again he might be the what, 6-7th best player in the NBA? It's possible

Porzingis is going to be really good. He seems to genuinely care on defense, has a couple of blocks today, doesn't lunge a ton. He'll figure it out on that end and be pretty good. I think he can be a capable rim protector, maybe a Lamarcus Aldridge type solid defender. And his offensive potential is Nowitzkian obviously

Callaway Epic SubZero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 52, 56 w/S200
Callaway MD3 Milled 60/9 w/S300
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

10

#11 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 17674

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:51 PM

It's taken me about 5 minutes to realize that anyone worried about the Spurs is nuts. I've read a few guys saying that they might fall a bit this year....That's nonsense.

Duncan was a savvy vet last year but really he wasn't a force. Parker was somewhat washed up last year already so if he is this year there's no real change.

Gasol isn't a great defender, but he can still shoot, pass, and post up. And having him with Pop just doesn't seem fair. Patty Mills is still good....Jonathan Simmons might be a breakout player in their Danny Green mold of just churning out 3 and D guys. They'll be great again.

David Lee IS ON THE SPURS????? Why do i feel like Pop is going to turn him into Kevin Love.

Also, F the Warriors and choke on your ring Kevin Durant
Callaway Epic SubZero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 52, 56 w/S200
Callaway MD3 Milled 60/9 w/S300
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

11

#12 gambit

gambit

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120529
  • Joined: 01/14/2011
  • Location:Bay Area
GolfWRX Likes : 593

Posted 26 October 2016 - 12:13 PM

Well, that didn't go well last night
M1 440 9.5 w/ Veylix Rome 688 Wildeye
TEE CB Pro 16.5* w/ AD-GT 8x
Tour Issue Aeroburner 5HL 21* w/ AD-GT 8x
Adams Pro Mini 24* w/ DI 95x
Miura 57 CB 5-P w/ Steelfiber i95S
Miura New Wedge Series 51, 55, 59 w/ KBS Tour Wedge Shafts
Byron Morgan 612

12

#13 BoogieThumper

BoogieThumper

    Sweet Jonez

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 309249
  • Joined: 04/17/2014
  • Location:Bay Area
  • Ebay ID:Ronthesavage
GolfWRX Likes : 1020

Posted 26 October 2016 - 12:38 PM

View Postgambit, on 26 October 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

Well, that didn't go well last night
Not at all, SAS put on a CLINIC. They scored 30 or more in every quarter.
NIKEGOLF
Vapor Fly
Vapor Flex 5-wood set to 17*
VRS 3-Hybrid
Covert 5-AW
Engage Toe Sweep 54*/Dual Sole 58*
Method Converge S1-12 Counterflex
RZN Tour Platinum

13

#14 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 17674

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:56 PM

View Postgambit, on 26 October 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

Well, that didn't go well last night

81-1
Callaway Epic SubZero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 52, 56 w/S200
Callaway MD3 Milled 60/9 w/S300
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

14

#15 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 17674

Posted 26 October 2016 - 07:37 PM

I said it in the playoffs.... Raptors should go to valenciunas on every possession.  He is statistically one of the best post players in the league,  if not THE best post player

Callaway Epic SubZero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 52, 56 w/S200
Callaway MD3 Milled 60/9 w/S300
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

15

#16 wfactor

wfactor

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 444888
  • Joined: 10/27/2016
  • Location:Los Angeles, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:23 PM

View PostMtlJeff, on 26 October 2016 - 07:37 PM, said:

I said it in the playoffs.... Raptors should go to valenciunas on every possession.  He is statistically one of the best post players in the league,  if not THE best post player

I think Valanciunas is underrated but he's NOT statistically one of the best post players in the league. He averages 0.78 points per post-up possession, which makes him at the 42nd percentile for all players who had more than 100 post-up possessions last year

16

#17 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 17674

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:42 PM

View Postwfactor, on 26 October 2016 - 08:23 PM, said:

View PostMtlJeff, on 26 October 2016 - 07:37 PM, said:

I said it in the playoffs.... Raptors should go to valenciunas on every possession.  He is statistically one of the best post players in the league,  if not THE best post player

I think Valanciunas is underrated but he's NOT statistically one of the best post players in the league. He averages 0.78 points per post-up possession, which makes him at the 42nd percentile for all players who had more than 100 post-up possessions last year

100 post up's is 1 per game.  I haven't checked since last season but for guys with 5+ per game I believe he was the top guy or at least top 2-3.

Cant really compare to guys posting up once a game

Correct me if wrong,  not in front of a computer right now

Edited by MtlJeff, 26 October 2016 - 08:43 PM.

Callaway Epic SubZero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 52, 56 w/S200
Callaway MD3 Milled 60/9 w/S300
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

17

#18 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 17674

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:54 PM

According to SportsVU Valenciunas shot 68.1% on post attempts last season on 6.2 post touches per game.

He had the second highest post-up FG% of anyone with more than 5 post touches per game, behind Deandre Jordan.

Steven Adams and Nerlens Noel both had higher post up FG percentage then JV also, on slightly less attempts (both in the 4's)

Nobody attempted more shots than JV from the post and shot a better percentage
Callaway Epic SubZero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 52, 56 w/S200
Callaway MD3 Milled 60/9 w/S300
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

18

#19 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 17674

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:04 PM

Myles Turner 30-16 with 4 blocks tonight, will be interesting to monitor him. He is obviously a riser for the Pacers, and his development will be very key for them.

I was a big fan of Harrison Barnes, as i thought people got too down on his for his poor finals. He got off on the right foot with 19-9 tonight for Dallas

Wiggins with 23 tonight so far.

OK, it took me one game to get really into it. I'm in....i don't care. Take your title Golden State i'm still watching!!!!!
Callaway Epic SubZero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 52, 56 w/S200
Callaway MD3 Milled 60/9 w/S300
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

19

#20 onlyomar

onlyomar

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 439532
  • Joined: 09/04/2016
  • Location:Wheaton IL
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 133

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:46 PM

GS has real holes. Interior defense, rebounding, depth and possibly chemistry.  Will be interesting to watch.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,387 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
  • Joined: 08/15/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 5772

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:49 PM

Embiid went for 20 -  7 - 2 Blks in 22 mins. Dude might be a problem.

Edited by scratchswinger, 26 October 2016 - 09:50 PM.


21

#22 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 17674

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:54 PM

So.....Anthony Davis 50-16-5-7-4

hey, not a bad night
Callaway Epic SubZero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 52, 56 w/S200
Callaway MD3 Milled 60/9 w/S300
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

22

#23 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,387 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
  • Joined: 08/15/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 5772

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:57 PM

View PostMtlJeff, on 26 October 2016 - 09:54 PM, said:

So.....Anthony Davis 50-16-5-7-4

hey, not a bad night

Holy s***..... LOL....

23

#24 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,387 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
  • Joined: 08/15/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 5772

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:12 AM

Luke Walton coach of the year.

24

#25 baseballfrk8998

baseballfrk8998

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124978
  • Joined: 03/21/2011
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 788

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:28 PM

lol Houston and LAL was fantastic. Houston is going to be incredibly entertaining all season long.

Julius Randle looked fantastic last night based on what I saw (first half).

As scratch said, Embiid looked good and AD was a beast.

Myles Turner was my biggest winner last night though. He was fantastic for a 20 year old.. And he knocked down a 3 in OT! I can't wait to see him and Embiid battle it out.

Oh and then there was this. One of the funniest/dumbest things I've ever seen. 😂😂

https://streamable.com/11pb

Edited by baseballfrk8998, 27 October 2016 - 01:29 PM.

8.5* Tour Issue 07 Burner // PL Red 65x
14* SLDR // Speeder 8.3x
19* SLDR Resuce // Speeder 9.3s
RocketBladez Tour 4-PW // C-Taper
52* & 58* Callaway MD2 // S-300
Odyssey Metal X Milled #1

25

#26 F171615

F171615

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86740
  • Joined: 06/26/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:40 PM

View PostMtlJeff, on 26 October 2016 - 08:42 PM, said:

View Postwfactor, on 26 October 2016 - 08:23 PM, said:

View PostMtlJeff, on 26 October 2016 - 07:37 PM, said:

I said it in the playoffs.... Raptors should go to valenciunas on every possession.  He is statistically one of the best post players in the league,  if not THE best post player

I think Valanciunas is underrated but he's NOT statistically one of the best post players in the league. He averages 0.78 points per post-up possession, which makes him at the 42nd percentile for all players who had more than 100 post-up possessions last year

100 post up's is 1 per game.  I haven't checked since last season but for guys with 5+ per game I believe he was the top guy or at least top 2-3.

Cant really compare to guys posting up once a game

Correct me if wrong,  not in front of a computer right now

The numbers from last year:  http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/player/possessions/?sort=PTS_PER_POST_TOUCH&dir=1&CF=POST_TOUCHES*GE*200&Season=2015-16&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=Totals
JV was 7th in the league among players with 200+ post touches in points per post touch, and second in the league for points per paint touch.  That's effective post play.

26

#27 F171615

F171615

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86740
  • Joined: 06/26/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:49 PM

View Postscratchswinger, on 26 October 2016 - 09:49 PM, said:

Embiid went for 20 -  7 - 2 Blks in 22 mins. Dude might be a problem.

Embiid certainly seems like he could be the type of player that dominates in the NBA.  But he also seems like the type of player that will always deal with injury.  I wasn't able to watch the 76ers game, but seeing the highlight of him fouled by Christon was disconcerting - he goes down so hard and awkward on that foul that should have had minimal affect.

27

#28 F171615

F171615

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86740
  • Joined: 06/26/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:57 PM

View Postbaseballfrk8998, on 27 October 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

lol Houston and LAL was fantastic. Houston is going to be incredibly entertaining all season long.

Julius Randle looked fantastic last night based on what I saw (first half).

As scratch said, Embiid looked good and AD was a beast.

Myles Turner was my biggest winner last night though. He was fantastic for a 20 year old.. And he knocked down a 3 in OT! I can't wait to see him and Embiid battle it out.

Oh and then there was this. One of the funniest/dumbest things I've ever seen. ����

https://streamable.com/11pb

Over the past couple of seasons I have hated on Houston.  Something about the way they played turned me off: between Harden's always trying to draw fouls, and Howard's attitude, they always made me sick to watch them play.  But now, being coached by D'Antoni, I'm going to try and watch them play as much as possible.  They may not be good, but they will be entertaining to watch play.  I'm thinking in game between Houston and Portland and/or Golden State this year we will see a new record for most 3 pointers made in a game.  I'm thinking they may even obliterate the old record and combine for 40+ in a game.  This is a new NBA.

28

#29 F171615

F171615

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86740
  • Joined: 06/26/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:04 PM

View Postonlyomar, on 26 October 2016 - 09:46 PM, said:

GS has real holes. Interior defense, rebounding, depth and possibly chemistry.  Will be interesting to watch.

Golden State's biggest hole from their first game appears to be their mindset.  It seemed to me that they felt they could just walk out on the court and try and outscore their opponent.  The past few years they've been a great hustling defensive team, but that was not their mindset in their last game.  And I think scoring will be so easy for them this year that it may become difficult for them to develop the proper mindset for them to play their best defense.

29

#30 baseballfrk8998

baseballfrk8998

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124978
  • Joined: 03/21/2011
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 788

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:00 PM

View PostF171615, on 27 October 2016 - 03:04 PM, said:

View Postonlyomar, on 26 October 2016 - 09:46 PM, said:

GS has real holes. Interior defense, rebounding, depth and possibly chemistry.  Will be interesting to watch.

Golden State's biggest hole from their first game appears to be their mindset.  It seemed to me that they felt they could just walk out on the court and try and outscore their opponent.  The past few years they've been a great hustling defensive team, but that was not their mindset in their last game.  And I think scoring will be so easy for them this year that it may become difficult for them to develop the proper mindset for them to play their best defense.

I tend to agree. Their interior defense and rebounding will be fine as Zaza is a very capable big to put next to Draymond.

Their lack of depth is a bit concerning as I feel like that's where they were really able to take over games last year with guys like Speights, Barbosa, Ezeli and even Brandon Rush.. Now that all of those guys are gone, I wonder if Kerr will be able to get the starters as much rest as he was able to last season.

Edited by baseballfrk8998, 27 October 2016 - 09:00 PM.

8.5* Tour Issue 07 Burner // PL Red 65x
14* SLDR // Speeder 8.3x
19* SLDR Resuce // Speeder 9.3s
RocketBladez Tour 4-PW // C-Taper
52* & 58* Callaway MD2 // S-300
Odyssey Metal X Milled #1

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors