Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

What Miura Blades

96 replies to this topic

#61 gators78

gators78

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,592 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121638
  • Handicap:2.3
GolfWRX Likes : 735

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:24 AM

View PostRaidersgolf99, on 25 July 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

View PostBigmean, on 25 July 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

View Postcraz-e, on 24 July 2017 - 04:16 AM, said:

I'm still waiting for someone who doesn't like the baby blades!!

interesting point.  I guess anyone with a set on eBay qualifies?  That said, I think they are the kind of irons you can't like a little, if you like them, you really like them, and of the people that really like them, a large percentage of us feel like they are the grail found.

G.R.A.I.L

Everyone just go buy them, best money I ever spent.

Also does anyone have the story on the production of these clubs? Are these in fact going the way of the Dodo?

M2
M2 3W, Hybrid
1957 Blades (I blame you, WRX)
Vokeys
Edel

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 Bigmean

Bigmean

Everything is Relative

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,328 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 344303
  • Handicap:JDM
GolfWRX Likes : 5133

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:35 AM

Yup, buy them up.

Ryoma Maxima 9.5*/Quadra Fire Express
    913F 15*/Tour AD MT7
    Roddio 21* hybrid/Tour AD DI75
    Miura 1957 small blades/Nippon 1150 tours
            Wilson Staff V4 tour modus 130
            Mizuno MP-14/DG300-raw finish
    Buchi 50/56. RomaRo 59
    Gold's Factory custom original flat-stick amongst a couple dozen others.

#63 Raidersgolf99

Raidersgolf99

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141693
  • Handicap:2
  • Ebay ID:acelaird
GolfWRX Likes : 164

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:32 PM

View Postgators78, on 26 July 2017 - 08:24 AM, said:

View PostRaidersgolf99, on 25 July 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

View PostBigmean, on 25 July 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

View Postcraz-e, on 24 July 2017 - 04:16 AM, said:

I'm still waiting for someone who doesn't like the baby blades!!

interesting point.  I guess anyone with a set on eBay qualifies?  That said, I think they are the kind of irons you can't like a little, if you like them, you really like them, and of the people that really like them, a large percentage of us feel like they are the grail found.

G.R.A.I.L

Everyone just go buy them, best money I ever spent.

Also does anyone have the story on the production of these clubs? Are these in fact going the way of the Dodo?

They are done.

Sad. Very sad.

I bought a new set of CB-57 5-P earlier this calendar year to add to my Baby Blades ... Some days I wish I would have spent the dough on another set of Baby Blades. :-(

W. I. T. B.

Callaway XR16 Sub Zero TC 9.5° Kai'li 80x5ct X
Callaway X-Hot Pro 3-Deep TC 14.5
° Blueboard 103x5ct X

Callaway Apex Hybrid 1H TC 16.0° Speeder 904HB X

Callaway Apex Hybrid 3H TC 20.0° Speeder 904HB X
Callaway Apex Hybrid 4H TC 23.0° Speeder 904HB X
Callaway Apex Hybrid 5H TC 26.0° Speeder 904HB X
Miura 1957 CB-57 6 SteelFiber i110 S
Miura 1957 Baby Blade 7-P SteelFiber i110 S
Miura Raw Hand Grind 52° / 10° SteelFiber i110 S
Miura Raw Hand Grind 58° / 10° SteelFiber i110 S
Miura 1957 KM-350 Soft Black DGTI Black Onyx S400

#64 craz-e

craz-e

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39596
GolfWRX Likes : 450

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:18 PM

Peer pressure is mounting on the baby blades!

I am one positive review away from pulling the trigger, Oldplayer I am looking at you!!!

Ha Ha Ha

#65 Raidersgolf99

Raidersgolf99

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141693
  • Ebay ID:acelaird
GolfWRX Likes : 164

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:44 PM

View Postcraz-e, on 26 July 2017 - 08:18 PM, said:

I am one positive review away from pulling the trigger, Oldplayer I am looking at you!!!

Ha Ha Ha

You can flight them.
You can maneuver them.
You can spin them.
They are long.

.... And when you are in a groove, the sweet spot feels the size of an orange.

....... And if you've got the game, to game a 3 Iron, it'll double as a razor to shave with!

W. I. T. B.

Callaway XR16 Sub Zero TC 9.5° Kai'li 80x5ct X
Callaway X-Hot Pro 3-Deep TC 14.5
° Blueboard 103x5ct X

Callaway Apex Hybrid 1H TC 16.0° Speeder 904HB X

Callaway Apex Hybrid 3H TC 20.0° Speeder 904HB X
Callaway Apex Hybrid 4H TC 23.0° Speeder 904HB X
Callaway Apex Hybrid 5H TC 26.0° Speeder 904HB X
Miura 1957 CB-57 6 SteelFiber i110 S
Miura 1957 Baby Blade 7-P SteelFiber i110 S
Miura Raw Hand Grind 52° / 10° SteelFiber i110 S
Miura Raw Hand Grind 58° / 10° SteelFiber i110 S
Miura 1957 KM-350 Soft Black DGTI Black Onyx S400

#66 Oldplayer

Oldplayer

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117831
GolfWRX Likes : 1204

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:45 AM

Ha Ha Ha
Not far away. Played 3 rounds with them so far. One in terrible conditions. In my last round I hit at least 3 shots that were as pure and perfect as I have ever hit.

#67 Bigmean

Bigmean

Everything is Relative

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,328 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:28 AM

Ha Ha Ha

This is one of those things in life that is best not over thought.......
    913F 15*/Tour AD MT7
    Buchi 50/56. RomaRo 59

#68 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33930
GolfWRX Likes : 1757

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:50 AM

Ha Ha Ha

You're in trouble now, big time!
Callaway Epic 10.5 Stock
Cobra Baffler 4-5 Stock
HonmaTW717 3,4 Hybrid Vizard
Miura Small Blades, Modus 105S 4-W
Fourteen mt28v3 52,58
Evnroll ER2

#69 Oldplayer

Oldplayer

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:45 AM

Ok played some rounds now with the BB's. Not enough to really get to know them but enough to get a feel for them.
Yes I concur with most other owners. These are a special set of irons.
Look at address is slightly different to most modern blades in that they have a slightly squarish toe and the groove area is more heel side on the face. The transition from hosel to topline is very pleasing to my eye. Yes they are compact but I would not call them tiny. Other compact irons I have played like the cally protos and cobra s3 pros are a similar size.
Anyway literally after 2 rounds the size did not even look small to me, they just looked perfect actually. That perception of being small and therefore possibly intimidating disappears very quickly when you hit them.
Of course everybody's swing is different but for my age and swingspeed I went with nippon 950gh in reg which is one of my favorites.
Right off the bat the feedback on these is fantastic. If you don't middle them you know it for sure. Thin, toe or heel they tell you exactly where the ball has come off and the great feel is definitely not there. Of course when you hit them well the feel is special indeed. Not soft but solid and pure.
Now to performance. Although dispersion is impacted by the shaft to some degree with that said these are as accurate and consistent as any blade I have hit and perhaps I would say the best I have played. Even when slightly misshit the ball flies to target with not much distance loss.
I found I hit the mid irons great right off the bat. Sweet, high and perfect. The short irons were a little tougher to get a handle on. They seem to dig pretty easily. Perhaps I got a little steep with them and our courses are quite soft at this time of year which perhaps contributed to this. To my eye they are fairly low bounce (which I like) and the leading edge could be killed a bit more. Overall though I think the sole grind is very good. That combined with the compact size make these irons very versatile from all sorts of lies. Just great in the rough; you can really get down to the ball and cut through. Great off tight and harder lies as you can nip the ball really clean again aided by the small head, lower bounce and sharpish leading edge.
These are the antithesis of the large chunky SGI irons and because of that can be hit with equal effectiveness from any lie on the course and not just when the ball is sitting on a beautiful doormat lie.
I have hit several shots with these that almost take my breath away. They feel so beautiful, the ball flies so perfectly and sits down sweetly on the green. On the other hand I have been punished as well I have hit a couple of shockers, worse than I would normally play. Toe hits (still on the grooves) feel awful and the flight was not great either. Heel misses were not punished so harshly. Thin misses although feeling very poor actually perform ok.
Overall I love these irons and they are keepers that will always be a great part of my collection. I will play other irons. I enjoy other great sets too much to not stray but the BB's are an iconic set that is a must have for any lover of forged blades.
Sorry if my review is a little long I hope it makes sense.

#70 kaaayelll

kaaayelll

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207201
GolfWRX Likes : 195

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:41 AM

Great review, my friend!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#71 Bigmean

Bigmean

Everything is Relative

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,328 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:44 PM

The question really isn't "what Miura blades", it is more like "what other Miura blades".

I need to let some things cool down with the wife, get my GC2 up and running in the garage, then start looking for another set.  I just wonder if a head this good is really going to be discontinued.  I feel like Giken will possibly use the molds, Miuraism sb01 already is the same.  

I mean, if there wasn't so much anti blade propaganda, and big box stores carried a similar head from anyone bigger name and $1,000, I don't know, it is like best head design ever and it is inaccessible to most and in turn is nothing more than forum legend or for wannabes with too much money and it sucks because of people could try them, they are in fact, one of the easiest to hit blades I personally have ever used.  I can't say if that is because of my affinity for them from day one but I don't think so as many have the same experience.  

It really may be a head design that in a different world would and should be like the big berthas or maybe not ping eye, but something like that 15 and under caps, if not so expensive, unavailable to try and see friends with, and of course the fact that marketing hype we have been brainwashed by has made it DOA to any kind of mass following anyway.  I think even people that may bash Miura as over rated, and bash blades as only for tiger woods etc, would be really surprised if ever given the BBs a fair and honest shake.

I know this site needs less BB lovefesting, but as I have said before, it is like the coming of golfs jesus, and I am compelled to spread the good word.
    913F 15*/Tour AD MT7
    Buchi 50/56. RomaRo 59

#72 Bigmean

Bigmean

Everything is Relative

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,328 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:53 PM

-side note, I would love it if both endo and Kyoei made a similar style head.  But commit all the way, box toe, same heel to toe length, no/minute offset, same weight and mass principles.  The head design has serious merit.
    913F 15*/Tour AD MT7
    Buchi 50/56. RomaRo 59

#73 Oldplayer

Oldplayer

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:43 PM

View PostBigmean, on 01 August 2017 - 01:44 PM, said:

The question really isn't "what Miura blades", it is more like "what other Miura blades".

I need to let some things cool down with the wife, get my GC2 up and running in the garage, then start looking for another set.  I just wonder if a head this good is really going to be discontinued.  I feel like Giken will possibly use the molds, Miuraism sb01 already is the same.  

I mean, if there wasn't so much anti blade propaganda, and big box stores carried a similar head from anyone bigger name and $1,000, I don't know, it is like best head design ever and it is inaccessible to most and in turn is nothing more than forum legend or for wannabes with too much money and it sucks because of people could try them, they are in fact, one of the easiest to hit blades I personally have ever used.  I can't say if that is because of my affinity for them from day one but I don't think so as many have the same experience.  

It really may be a head design that in a different world would and should be like the big berthas or maybe not ping eye, but something like that 15 and under caps, if not so expensive, unavailable to try and see friends with, and of course the fact that marketing hype we have been brainwashed by has made it DOA to any kind of mass following anyway.  I think even people that may bash Miura as over rated, and bash blades as only for tiger woods etc, would be really surprised if ever given the BBs a fair and honest shake.

I know this site needs less BB lovefesting, but as I have said before, it is like the coming of golfs jesus, and I am compelled to spread the good word.

Testify brother !!! :)

#74 dmeeksDC

dmeeksDC

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431476
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:dmeeks2010
GolfWRX Likes : 163

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:37 PM

I have a set of new Baby Blade heads. Just need to pick a shaft. And I just cant decide. One fitter recommended the Nippon Super Peening Blue or the new Oban 115 shafts. Says they both fit this head well.
Current lineup:

TM M1 440 Tour Issue, 10-degree, Diamana B Series X,
67g.
Nike Flex 3 wood, Diamana S-70 stiff
Callaway Epic 5W, Hzrdus T800 S, 65g.
Callaway Apex hybrid, 20 degree, Kuro Kage 80HY stiff shaft
Mizuno MP-59, 4-P, PX 5.5
(Coming: Srixon z565 4 iron, z965 5-P, C Taper Lite X.)
Ping Glide 50, 54, CFS wedge shafts
Fourteen RM12 58/12 sand wedge
Edel Rogue putter (thick blade), 34 inch.

#75 Bigmean

Bigmean

Everything is Relative

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,328 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:53 PM

Don't get the oban!!!

I had the programs in my MB001/501 combo set and man, maybe me, but nothing like Nippon for irons.  They were dead boards( I also had 7.0 though and they were a bit much for me in fairness).   Just a thought.  And I am not anti graphite, I oddly have roddio in my wedges.....of course I think the roddio pentacross are #bestcarbonironshaftsever.

913F 15*/Tour AD MT7
    Buchi 50/56. RomaRo 59

#76 dlamb83

dlamb83

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123346
GolfWRX Likes : 159

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:07 PM

View PostBigmean, on 01 August 2017 - 01:44 PM, said:

I have a fitting setup for next Wednesday for my miuras. Was told ahead that all the blades and passing point irons have been discontinued,and possibly the cb501. Fitter would have to check with rep on the cb501.

The only irons available Wednesday for me,are the new mg versions and the 1957 cb is available and possibly the cb501 depending on what rep says. Was also told the transition phase has stared and you'll be seeing the "new" mg line,and the fitter said that's not a smart move on the new companies part. As the mg line is Miura Japan like Taylormade,titleist,Callaway,ping etc are to USA. The mg is not as high quality and such as the miura line of old.

Hopefully Wednesday goes well for me.

Edited by dlamb83, 03 August 2017 - 01:08 PM.

#77 Bigmean

Bigmean

Everything is Relative

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,328 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:14 PM

I think you mean the "newer" GI lines?

I was under the impression that the MG line in Japan is every bit the same Miura quality as the global, just different stampings?  The pricing on them would reflect that.  I am talking MG stuff from past years.

NOW if he was saying that the MG JDM line was going to have the same offerings as the global, that would be highly disappointing.  There are mg 5005 that are unique to only JDM miuras, and I am pretty sure they are of the same quality as the world versions.  Be very interesting if the new lineups are across all lineups.....time to hit the auctions.
    913F 15*/Tour AD MT7
    Buchi 50/56. RomaRo 59

#78 dlamb83

dlamb83

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:55 PM

View PostBigmean, on 03 August 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

I was under the impression that the MG line in Japan is every bit the same Miura quality as the global, just different stampings?  The pricing on them would reflect that.  I am talking MG stuff from past years.

NOW if he was saying that the MG JDM line was going to have the same offerings as the global, that would be highly disappointing.  There are mg 5005 that are unique to only JDM miuras, and I am pretty sure they are of the same quality as the world versions.  Be very interesting if the new lineups are across all lineups.....time to hit the auctions.

From what I was told and how I interpreted it. The new mg lines coming here are just the lower tier of the miura family,and what is going to be coming to US. Hence the discontinued blade line and passing point. Like Taylormade p750 and m1 line,ping iblades and g max,and so on. The mg line is just the cheaper version of miura. The new company thinks the mg line is more attainable and affordable for the US markets. Not the higher miura lines. Ie-blades,tournament blades,etc.

You would not be the only one I've heard say they are starting to look at eBay and other online auctions.

Edited by dlamb83, 03 August 2017 - 03:55 PM.

#79 95124hacker

95124hacker

Rare putter collection

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 356977
  • Handicap:13.5
GolfWRX Likes : 292

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:18 PM

View Postdlamb83, on 03 August 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

View PostBigmean, on 03 August 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

From what I was told and how I interpreted it. The new mg lines coming here are just the lower tier of the miura family,and what is going to be coming to US. Hence the discontinued blade line and passing point. Like Taylormade p750 and m1 line,ping iblades and g max,and so on. The mg line is just the cheaper version of miura. The new company thinks the mg line is more attainable and affordable for the US markets. Not the higher miura lines. Ie-blades,tournament blades,etc.

You would not be the only one I've heard say they are starting to look at eBay and other online auctions.

I own several older MG irons and wedges and I can assure you they are NOT 2nd / lower class Miura's at all.

#80 raynorfan1

raynorfan1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119065
GolfWRX Likes : 476

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:33 PM

I've never heard that MG was, from a quality perspective, any different than Miura NA. If anything, consensus has been that MG is a higher level than what they ship to us in North America.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#81 dlamb83

dlamb83

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:13 PM

Miura mg is the Japan jdm mass produce versions. What we will be getting here in the states. Mg is a lower miura offering.

Miura NA is the top. Cb57,tournament blades,baby blades,cb501 etc. Here is an excerpt I found.

"Once everyone has caught their collective breath, expect 2018 to further clarify what clubs Miura will produce moving forward and what role Miura-Giken will play. Miura-Giken is the label used for clubs released only in the Japanese market with modifications for that population".  

Hence we in the US will be getting a jdm version of miura. Not the miura we know now.

#82 kaaayelll

kaaayelll

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207201
GolfWRX Likes : 195

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:33 AM

Any talk of MG being lower quality would relate to the newer, multi-piece models and would be opinion.  While I generally don't like the MG stampings, the traditionally-made MG is by no means lower quality.

#83 raynorfan1

raynorfan1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:11 AM

View Postdlamb83, on 03 August 2017 - 11:13 PM, said:

Miura mg is the Japan jdm mass produce versions. What we will be getting here in the states. Mg is a lower miura offering.

Miura NA is the top. Cb57,tournament blades,baby blades,cb501 etc. Here is an excerpt I found.

Miura NA is not the top, Miuraism is. This is without question.

Historically, Miura Giken and Miura NA have been fundamentally the same products, with the same quality, with slightly different badging or grinds in some cases.

As of this year, their lineup seems to be a bit of a dumpster fire that nobody really understands. The Genesis, which is not branded as either Miura Giken or Miura, certainly appears to be a lower-quality, mass market option. Then the CB 2008 multi-piece head comes along, branded Miura Giken (or "MG") and I'm not sure that anybody knows what to make of it. From a pure $$$ perspective, it's more expensive than previous Miura NA clubs, so they're certainly not positioning it as a mass market type product.

#84 daryllwin

daryllwin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 470334
  • Handicap:14
  • Ebay ID:daryllwin
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:39 PM

Aren't they keeping the MB001s? Its still listed on their new site.
2016 Taylormade M2, Kuro Kage 60 X
PRGR TRX-505 3 and 5 wood with stock shafts
Miura Small Blades, 3-PW, Dynamic Gold X100
54/10 SM5, 56 Perry Gear, 60/04 SM4
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No.3

#85 daryllwin

daryllwin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 470334
  • Handicap:14
  • Ebay ID:daryllwin
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:41 PM

I'm also completely confused about this year's releases.

Wish they would tidy up their new site and give more information. Maybe separate the different lines instead of dumping them all together in one list.

2016 Taylormade M2, Kuro Kage 60 X
PRGR TRX-505 3 and 5 wood with stock shafts
Miura Small Blades, 3-PW, Dynamic Gold X100
54/10 SM5, 56 Perry Gear, 60/04 SM4
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No.3

#86 s515_15

s515_15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 471410
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:35 PM

Not all blades are gone. MB001's will continue forward. CB501 will remain as a legacy model. CB2008, 1008 and MB5005 are being pushed hard (incentives for dealers to carry these). I believe CB501's are sold out until the fall at the earliest. CB57 are gone. Baby blades will be available in limited quantities(though not sure moving forward). All lefty clubs gone except for LH CB.. There MAY be lefty stuff coming in the 3 new models above, but as of yet nothing planned.

#87 raynorfan1

raynorfan1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:20 AM

View Posts515_15, on 06 August 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

Not all blades are gone. MB001's will continue forward. CB501 will remain as a legacy model. CB2008, 1008 and MB5005 are being pushed hard (incentives for dealers to carry these). I believe CB501's are sold out until the fall at the earliest. CB57 are gone. Baby blades will be available in limited quantities(though not sure moving forward).

The CB57 is listed in with the new clubs on the current website...so there's hope.

Whoever is managing this "relaunch" has made a serious mess of it. Miura needed to rationalize their iron line, and instead, it's just gotten more muddy.

I suspect that they have a bunch of NOS inventory of things like the 501 that they just don't want to walk away from. But they need to cut it down to three irons: a muscle back, a players cavity, a game improvement iron. If they want to do other stuff (like the small blade), they should offer them as limited editions and have the discipline to truely limit them.

#88 s515_15

s515_15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 471410
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:22 PM

View Postraynorfan1, on 07 August 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

View Posts515_15, on 06 August 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

Not all blades are gone. MB001's will continue forward. CB501 will remain as a legacy model. CB2008, 1008 and MB5005 are being pushed hard (incentives for dealers to carry these). I believe CB501's are sold out until the fall at the earliest. CB57 are gone. Baby blades will be available in limited quantities(though not sure moving forward).

The CB57 is listed in with the new clubs on the current website...so there's hope.

Whoever is managing this "relaunch" has made a serious mess of it. Miura needed to rationalize their iron line, and instead, it's just gotten more muddy.

I suspect that they have a bunch of NOS inventory of things like the 501 that they just don't want to walk away from. But they need to cut it down to three irons: a muscle back, a players cavity, a game improvement iron. If they want to do other stuff (like the small blade), they should offer them as limited editions and have the discipline to truely limit them.

Going forward they have
Hayate Driver and FW
Passing Point Neo Utility RH
ICL Driving Iron RH
Wedge Series Satin
K Grind Wedge
LH Wedge
Passing Point NEO Wedge
Passing Point 9005 Genesis
CB 2008, 1008, MB 5005
Mb001 - legacy model
CB501 - legacy model
CB57 - legacy model
LH CB - legacy model
Putters are km005, km006, km007 and lh km006
Legacy models are likely the ones heading to the dust bin but will remain in the lineup in limited quantities. I hope they at least keep the mb001's or tournament blades around. As I said above, baby blades will remain in limited quantities. lh blades are on closeout as they are definitely stopping production of them.

Edited by s515_15, 07 August 2017 - 01:34 PM.

#89 Golfingfanatic

Golfingfanatic

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208029
  • Handicap:3.0
GolfWRX Likes : 609

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:12 PM

I have a fitting on next monday with a miura dealer in Switzerland. I specifically asked whether the Small Blades are still available to test and he said yes. Will keep you updated on the process.
Callaway GBB Epic SubZero 9° MRC Diamana BF 60TX
TI Taylormade M1 T3 13.5° GD AD-DI 9X
PXG 0317 19° Accra FX300H X-Flex          
Miura 1957 Baby Blades 4-Pw Oban CT-115 X-
Cleveland RTX 2.0 Raw Forged 52°/56° DG Tour Issue S400; Vokey Low-Bounce K-Grind 60° DG Tour Issue S400
TaylorMade JD Spider

#90 Bigmean

Bigmean

Everything is Relative

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,328 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:34 PM

Good luck, curious how you find them.

I tried to look on internet and became more confused.....I only buy used anyway, but still.  I guess they just didn't sell many BB at all, so from a biz standpoint, not worth it, but you would think once you have something you could always still have it in limited qty.   this is the same company that "only releases a new model when they have a better one" or something to that effect.  And KM apparently thought a lot of his small blades.  Clearly company model has shifted.

913F 15*/Tour AD MT7
    Buchi 50/56. RomaRo 59

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors