Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Bridgestone Tour B X-CB irons

41 replies to this topic

#31 Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 374665
GolfWRX Likes : 807

Posted 02 September 2017 - 02:14 AM

I've noticed the Tour B X-HI Driving Iron available in limited amounts but they seem to have sold out. Anyone know when they might be more readily available in the US and elsewhere?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 Landy

Landy

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,902 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1701
  • Ebay ID:landygir
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:52 AM

Gary Gutful, on 02 September 2017 - 02:14 AM, said:

I've noticed the Tour B X-HI Driving Iron available in limited amounts but they seem to have sold out. Anyone know when they might be more readily available in the US and elsewhere?

Try Usher Golf or chip and putt.com. Ask for Chip he has some stock, good luck

#33 theshadow1971

theshadow1971

Shadow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 375724
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:15 AM

Try rakuten in japan.  Search which stores could send to the US.
Some may not send to the US.  The get around is buy and send to a Japanese mailing service and fwd onto the US.

Here is a link for Atomic Golf one of the most well known golf shops on rakuten and well known to many on WRX.
But looking at their page they may not send to the US.

https://global.rakut...item/1705-axvr/
Srixon (asian specs)

Z545 10.5* Driver
Z F45 15* 3W
Z H45 19* 3 Hybrid
Z745 3-PW

Z745 AW@51* & SW@57*

Cleveland Classic HB 2 Black Pearl Putter
Bridgestone B330RXS

#34 Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 374665
GolfWRX Likes : 807

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:34 PM

Thanks Folks.

#35 Jordan Speeth

Jordan Speeth

Major Winner

• 1,092 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 401370
GolfWRX Likes : 989

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:27 PM

I was getting fit for a set of MP18's when I discovered this X-CB by accident.  I was raving about the MP-18, but it wasn't the MP-18 SC I thought I was hitting...it was the X-CB.  I have the j15 mb's and know how great an Endo forged iron feels, but these are crazy good.  I proceeded with the fitting since we were already half finished and I just ordered on Rakuten (S300 and all custom spec's) 5-PW for $725, including shipping.  The best price I could get here was nearly twice that, since the US market can only be ordered 4-PW, with a fitting.  I never thought I'd say that I hit something that felt better than my J15's but these are it.  They look much better in hand than in the ad photos but still a weird looking design to me...but they work.  Believe me, going from the most beautiful blade ever imho (J15MB) to this, there had to be a reason.  They've had a decade messing around with the Tour Stage X-Blade CB, and this X-CB is an evolution of the X-Blade CB that they really got right.  Where it matters, behind the ball, they look incredible, as always....in the bag, not so much.  I'm keeping my MB's around just in case.

Edited by Jordan Speeth, 01 November 2017 - 02:56 PM.

Cobra F8+ Driver 9.5*- XCaliber Superlite 45 S
Callaway XR Pro 16* FW- Handcrafted PX LZ 6.0
Ping G 22* Hybrid- Altus S
Bridgestone Tour B X-CB 5-PW- 125g DG S300
Callaway MD-3 Black Milled 52*/10, 56*/12- KBS Black Tour Custom-S
Callaway MD-3 Black Milled 60/9- XCaliber RT Spin Graphite
Seemore si5 Black 38"- Feeltec 15" CB Grip
Golf Pride MCC Grips (+1 wrap)
Bridgestone Tour B330
MG Elite Glove
'18 Ping Hoofer, Eliott Alistair Leather Bag

#36 Volgolfer

Volgolfer

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10249
  • Handicap:4.5
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:45 AM

Jordan Speeth, on 27 October 2017 - 11:27 PM, said:

I was getting fit for a set of MP18's when I discovered this X-CB by accident.  I was raving about the MP-18, but it wasn't the MP-18 SC I thought I was hitting...it was the X-CB.  I have the j15 mb's and know how great an Endo forged iron feels, but these are crazy good.  I proceeded with the fitting since we were already half finished and I just ordered on Rakuten (S300 and all custom spec's) 5-PW for $725, including shipping.  The best price I could get here was nearly twice that, since the US market can only be ordered 4-PW, with a fitting.  I never thought I'd say that I hit something that felt better than my J15's but these are it.  They look much better in hand than in the ad photos but still a weird looking design to me...but they work.  Believe me, going from the most beautiful blade ever imho (J15MB) to this, there had to be a reason.  They've had a decade messing around with the Tour Stage X-Blade CB, and this X-CB is an evolution of the X-Blade CB that they really got right.  Where it matters, behind the ball, they look incredible, as always....in the bag, not so much.  I'm keeping my MB's around just in case.

Curious to know if the blade length of the X-CB is longer than the MP-18 SC.  Hard to find information and getting an X-CB to look at is even harder.  Also like to know what "store" on Rakuten you used. Thanks.

Edited by Volgolfer, 12 March 2018 - 10:46 AM.

#37 Jordan Speeth

Jordan Speeth

Major Winner

• 1,092 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 401370
GolfWRX Likes : 989

Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:11 AM

Volgolfer, on 12 March 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

Curious to know if the blade length of the X-CB is longer than the MP-18 SC.  Hard to find information and getting an X-CB to look at is even harder.  Also like to know what "store" on Rakuten you used. Thanks.

I ordered mine from GolfSeven on Rakuten.  They (Nakai) were very good to deal with...very honest and transparent and quick shipping considering how hard Bridgestone are to deal with these days.  You'd think you were ordering a gun or something.  They also had the best pricing I found.  I went with the "stock" DG S300, which is actually a custom order since the stock shaft is a JDM S200.  I was very pleased with the entire transaction.  They were able to accommodate all my specs (except lie adjustments, NP) and they shipped the grips separately because I like to install my own...I'm more careful than they ever are.  I love the clubs and I'm replacing my J15MBs with the X-CBs.  I gained 10 yards per club with the CB/S300 over the J15MB/Modus 120.
Cobra F8+ Driver 9.5*- XCaliber Superlite 45 S
Callaway XR Pro 16* FW- Handcrafted PX LZ 6.0
Ping G 22* Hybrid- Altus S
Bridgestone Tour B X-CB 5-PW- 125g DG S300
Callaway MD-3 Black Milled 52*/10, 56*/12- KBS Black Tour Custom-S
Callaway MD-3 Black Milled 60/9- XCaliber RT Spin Graphite
Seemore si5 Black 38"- Feeltec 15" CB Grip
Golf Pride MCC Grips (+1 wrap)
Bridgestone Tour B330
MG Elite Glove
'18 Ping Hoofer, Eliott Alistair Leather Bag

#38 Tommyj

Tommyj

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40570
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 14 March 2018 - 05:10 AM

I have the X-CB's and have had them side by side with both the SC's, the Callaway X Forged and Titleist CB (just comparing 7 irons).  Compared with the SC, the X-CB blade length is about the same, the X-CB looks to have just a touch more offset, top line thickness very similar.  Compared with the X Forged, the X-CB blade is slightly longer and the top line is thicker and has slightly more offset.  Compared with the CB, the X-CB is definitely bigger with a thicker top line.  I assume you are just getting 5-P, but be aware that if you are getting the 4 as well that the muscle pad is visible when you set the club down at address.  

I find the transition of the blade to hosel more appealing on both the SC and X Forged.  The X-CB reminds me a bit of the AP2 in that respect which I like less.

Edited by Tommyj, 14 March 2018 - 05:26 AM.

#39 Volgolfer

Volgolfer

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:49 AM

Tommyj, on 14 March 2018 - 05:10 AM, said:

I have the X-CB's and have had them side by side with both the SC's, the Callaway X Forged and Titleist CB (just comparing 7 irons).  Compared with the SC, the X-CB blade length is about the same, the X-CB looks to have just a touch more offset, top line thickness very similar.  Compared with the X Forged, the X-CB blade is slightly longer and the top line is thicker and has slightly more offset.  Compared with the CB, the X-CB is definitely bigger with a thicker top line.  I assume you are just getting 5-P, but be aware that if you are getting the 4 as well that the muscle pad is visible when you set the club down at address.  

I find the transition of the blade to hosel more appealing on both the SC and X Forged.  The X-CB reminds me a bit of the AP2 in that respect which I like less.

Ok, thank you.  I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

#40 Tzoid

Tzoid

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5124
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:twallermizman
GolfWRX Likes : 558

Posted 14 March 2018 - 05:24 PM

kits013, on 03 December 2016 - 03:01 PM, said:

Just got it from rakuten

How much ?   Those Ferrules are fancy :)

Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges  Nippon WV 115 Shafts
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
Titleist Pro V-1X

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 LifeStory

LifeStory

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 492576
  • Handicap:>:(
  • Ebay ID:lifest0ry
GolfWRX Likes : 59

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:25 PM

i dont like the look at all.
ill be waiting for bridgeys next iteration, and until then i have my j15cbs to tie me over, which ill have a hard time replacing regardless.

#42 Volgolfer

Volgolfer

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:37 AM

So did a short demo of X-CB (7 iron with Nippon 950 shaft) vs my Mizuno MP-60's.  Size wise they were almost identical (heel-toe length, toe height) except for the top-lines.  X-CB is noticeably thicker which initially threw me off but I guess I could get used to it.  Performance wise there was very little difference between the two. The X-CB jacked up loft did exactly what you'd expect by delivering some additional distance and lower trajectory.

What I did notice was feel.  I was expecting the mystical Endo forging to really be different and better than the MP-60; in fact, it wasn't.  Nutted shots on the X-CB we're solid but had more feedback than I get from the MP-60's.  More of a "whack" vs a "thud."  A little disappointed and I'm wondering if it was just me so I'm going to give it another try.  I really want to like these.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors