Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 7 votes

Drewtaylor21's Golf Journey (Swing Changes, WITB, Results)

Dana Dahlquist Iteach GG

697 replies to this topic

#31 Obee

Obee

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72306
  • Handicap:+1
  • Ebay ID:davidraymondober
GolfWRX Likes : 2769

Posted 04 September 2016 - 02:57 PM

I'm all over this thread, bud!! Looking forward to foliwing your journey. :-)

Just shot a bogey-free 2-under 70 at the Inland Empire Am at Oak Valley, btw. Let's tee it soon!!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 lhahn

lhahn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 320525
  • Handicap:4.6
  • Ebay ID:lawrencehahn85
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:13 PM

Hey Drew, awesome thread and glad you decided to post. Your indoor setup post was awesome as well and now this!

Not to compare but I feel like when I was reading your post I could totally relate. I was (and still am fighting it) hitting a lot of wipe cuts before and now working on getting hands more vertical on the way back with ulnar dev/left forearm flexion with better hip action on the way down. Feels super weird, like I'm going straight upright on the way back. Hitting it much better now but now my miss is a pull draw/hook when old habits kick in and I rush it in transition.

Have the changes affected your HC? Mine has gone from around a 2 and is slowly creeping up toward 5. Too many balls pull hooked into the trees :swoon:

Looking forward to learning from you and this thread. Hopefully once the little one gets into more of a routine you'll be able to get back on the course sooner than later!

Best of luck and GO HAWKS!! Think it's going to be a bit of a bounce back season.

Edited by lhahn, 04 September 2016 - 03:16 PM.

Titleist 917D3 Diamana Ahina 70g S tipped 44.5"
Titleist 915fd Aldila Rouge 80g S
Miura matte blades 3-PW, KZG BTR shafts
Titleist Vokey 50*, 54*, 60*
TaylorMade Spider DLL 35"
Bridgestone B330S

#33 tinman143

tinman143

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100498
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:23 PM

Looks good and I wish I had access to trackman or flightscope.

From Dana 's instruction for soft hands, shallowing of the shaft and the bowing of the left wrist, it seems to force the club head to approach from the inside with a shallow AOA. At least that's what I feel when I do it.

#34 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

Goodie Bags or Death

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,513 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 285110
GolfWRX Likes : 2791

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:29 PM

View PostObee, on 04 September 2016 - 02:57 PM, said:

I'm all over this thread, bud!! Looking forward to foliwing your journey. :-)

Just shot a bogey-free 2-under 70 at the Inland Empire Am at Oak Valley, btw. Let's tee it soon!!

Thanks Obee! Currently doing a lot of mechanics work, but looking forward to just getting out and competing and putting up scores again soon! You're an inspiration old man :)

Next time I have the sticks in SoCal we need to plant it for sure!
Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Silver Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
2016 M2 5w (Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70x)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-PW (KBS Tour S)
Cleveland 588 RTX 51* and 56* (S300) Vokey SM5 60 M Grind (wedge flex)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x/Snell MTB/ProV1x/B330

https://instagram.com/hurryupgolf/

#35 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

Goodie Bags or Death

• 2,513 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:54 PM

View Postlhahn, on 04 September 2016 - 03:13 PM, said:

Hey Drew, awesome thread and glad you decided to post. Your indoor setup post was awesome as well and now this!

Not to compare but I feel like when I was reading your post I could totally relate. I was (and still am fighting it) hitting a lot of wipe cuts before and now working on getting hands more vertical on the way back with ulnar dev/left forearm flexion with better hip action on the way down. Feels super weird, like I'm going straight upright on the way back. Hitting it much better now but now my miss is a pull draw/hook when old habits kick in and I rush it in transition.

Have the changes affected your HC? Mine has gone from around a 2 and is slowly creeping up toward 5. Too many balls pull hooked into the trees :swoon:

Looking forward to learning from you and this thread. Hopefully once the little one gets into more of a routine you'll be able to get back on the course sooner than later!

Best of luck and GO HAWKS!! Think it's going to be a bit of a bounce back season.

As far as handicap goes, I reached an all time low the summer after working with Dan (+3.1), but I was just as likely to shoot 69 as I was to shoot 76 honestly.  I don't think I ever had a full understanding of what I was doing and how it influenced ball flight, so it always felt pretty variable.  The time I spent trying to nail down GG's stuff brought my cap probably closer to a 1 or 2, but because of a lack of rounds I was still listed as a +1 something.  After lesson 1 with Dana I started playing better and posted some good scores, cap is +1.5 or +1.7 or something.  Haven't played in a couple months now, so I'm sure my scoring would be a little rusty, but I think that will be changing soon! My wedges, short game, and putting are all in a good place, so I'm very anxious to put this swing stuff together and get back to just scoring.

Are you working with anyone to resolve the left misses?

GO HAWKS baby! Fingers crossed we stay healthy, but I think it'll be a solid year...

View Posttinman143, on 04 September 2016 - 03:23 PM, said:

Looks good and I wish I had access to trackman or flightscope.

From Dana 's instruction for soft hands, shallowing of the shaft and the bowing of the left wrist, it seems to force the club head to approach from the inside with a shallow AOA. At least that's what I feel when I do it.

Yes, club should be coming in shallow and from the inside

Spider Tour Platinum 35"

#36 PepsiDuck

PepsiDuck

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27419
  • Handicap:5.8
GolfWRX Likes : 504

Posted 04 September 2016 - 04:27 PM

View Postdrewtaylor21, on 04 September 2016 - 03:29 PM, said:

Thanks Obee! Currently doing a lot of mechanics work, but looking forward to just getting out and competing and putting up scores again soon! You're an inspiration old man :)

When making a significant swing change, how important is "calibrating" your swing on the range prior to playing a round?  In other words, how important is hitting balls prior to playing when the new mechanics aren't fully ingrained?  In even more different words, do you find it detrimental to go right out on the course and spend the first few holes trying to "find it"?

And I'd open this question up to everyone participating in this thread, as I've been playing a few rounds lately going from the parking lot straight to the first tee and wondering if I'm not doing myself any favors while I'm working my own swing changes...
TaylorMade M2 (2017) 10.5* - Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 70TX
Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro 15.5* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 757 X
Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - GD Tour AD 85X
Miura CB57 4-P - KBS C-Taper Lite X
Miura Series 1957 Wedges - 51* (Y), 56* (K) - KBS C-Taper Lite X
Cleveland RTX 3.0 60*
Toulon Memphis

#37 starsail85

starsail85

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,568 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2663
GolfWRX Likes : 885

Posted 04 September 2016 - 04:52 PM

View PostPepsiDuck, on 04 September 2016 - 04:27 PM, said:

When making a significant swing change, how important is "calibrating" your swing on the range prior to playing a round?  In other words, how important is hitting balls prior to playing when the new mechanics aren't fully ingrained?  In even more different words, do you find it detrimental to go right out on the course and spend the first few holes trying to "find it"?

And I'd open this question up to everyone participating in this thread, as I've been playing a few rounds lately going from the parking lot straight to the first tee and wondering if I'm not doing myself any favors while I'm working my own swing changes...

It's the hardest thing on earth

I really believe in the slow motion learning theory . Right now what I'm working on I can actually do (a big step for me) at upto 70% speed. It's along way from automatic and I can't actually do it without Doing a rehearsal backswing and transition whilst I'm over the ball

I'm a long way from being ready to take it to the course, probably 7 months from playing in a competition. But it's looking how it should on camera , which is my judge right now
M1 440 9.5/ Oban hb 65x 43.5"
M2 Tour 15/ Oban hb 75x 42.5"
M1 19/ Oban Kiyoshi Gold 85x 41"
MP4 4-9 / Modus 3 105 x
MPt7 4808/5209/5715/6111
Ping Sigma Derby 33"

Iron specs 61.5 57 52.5 48 43.5 39 34.5 30 25.5 21
     "        35 2/8 35 7/8 36 4/8 37 1/8 37 6/8 38 3/8 39

#38 lhahn

lhahn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 320525
  • Handicap:4.6
  • Ebay ID:lawrencehahn85
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 04 September 2016 - 04:56 PM

View Postdrewtaylor21, on 04 September 2016 - 03:54 PM, said:

As far as handicap goes, I reached an all time low the summer after working with Dan (+3.1), but I was just as likely to shoot 69 as I was to shoot 76 honestly.  I don't think I ever had a full understanding of what I was doing and how it influenced ball flight, so it always felt pretty variable.  The time I spent trying to nail down GG's stuff brought my cap probably closer to a 1 or 2, but because of a lack of rounds I was still listed as a +1 something.  After lesson 1 with Dana I started playing better and posted some good scores, cap is +1.5 or +1.7 or something.  Haven't played in a couple months now, so I'm sure my scoring would be a little rusty, but I think that will be changing soon! My wedges, short game, and putting are all in a good place, so I'm very anxious to put this swing stuff together and get back to just scoring.

GO HAWKS baby! Fingers crossed we stay healthy, but I think it'll be a solid year...

I'm really curious to see how they do without Beastmode. Think Rawls and Michaels will be solid though. Are you able to make any games this year? Guessing not with the kiddie being so fresh. Anyway, back on topic...

No I'm not seeing anyone. Was going to buy online lessons from Monte but I got lucky (and unlucky) with timing as I was just about to purchase credits before the announcement of the site being shut down. I'm too poor to fly anywhere and don't know or trust anyone here in Vancouver. All my learning has been through reading and filtering stuff on my own on WRX, mostly GG, Dana and Monte. Then taking it to the range, doing things in slow-mo and working with video has helped a lot. So much information out there now that I wish I had ages ago. Learning so much on how my body moves and what effects in ball flights it produces. Wish I knew this stuff years ago.

This is my first year where I'm taking golf seriously and although I might be a bit late (I'm turning 34 in a month), I want to get into the competitive scene and see how good I can get. Inspired by your (and goatbarn, et al.) home garage thread earlier and hopefully I can set something up for myself in the next year.

Edited by lhahn, 04 September 2016 - 05:00 PM.

Titleist 917D3 Diamana Ahina 70g S tipped 44.5"
Titleist 915fd Aldila Rouge 80g S
Miura matte blades 3-PW, KZG BTR shafts
Titleist Vokey 50*, 54*, 60*
TaylorMade Spider DLL 35"
Bridgestone B330S

#39 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

Goodie Bags or Death

• 2,513 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:04 PM

Would be interested to hear from others who've poked their noses in here (QMany, Obee, etc), but at least for me, I don't really take anything to the course until I feel at least ~70% comfortable with new stuff.  Lots of slow mo work, freezers, chip drill type stuff until the feels and mechanics are matching up decently, then I can start swinging more aggressively.  When I can make a full swing with new mechanics intact, I'll start playing and working out the details on the course.

It's tough Pepsi, because I feel like the swing changes you're working on are so much more feel and intention related, that you almost might be better off just going to play.  That said, I never ever just go from the car to the first tee.  I think there's a lot of value in finding out where you are that day and knowing what you're playing with, plus getting a quick feel for the greens and hitting a few chips to iron out any wrinkles, etc.  One of my primary goals any time I play is to post a good score, and if I'm warming up for the first 3-4 holes, it's like what's the point?  That's me anyway.
Spider Tour Platinum 35"

#40 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

Goodie Bags or Death

• 2,513 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:14 PM

View Postlhahn, on 04 September 2016 - 04:56 PM, said:

View Postdrewtaylor21, on 04 September 2016 - 03:54 PM, said:

I'm really curious to see how they do without Beastmode. Think Rawls and Michaels will be solid though. Are you able to make any games this year? Guessing not with the kiddie being so fresh. Anyway, back on topic...

No I'm not seeing anyone. Was going to buy online lessons from Monte but I got lucky (and unlucky) with timing as I was just about to purchase credits before the announcement of the site being shut down. I'm too poor to fly anywhere and don't know or trust anyone here in Vancouver. All my learning has been through reading and filtering stuff on my own on WRX, mostly GG, Dana and Monte. Then taking it to the range, doing things in slow-mo and working with video has helped a lot. So much information out there now that I wish I had ages ago. Learning so much on how my body moves and what effects in ball flights it produces. Wish I knew this stuff years ago.

This is my first year where I'm taking golf seriously and although I might be a bit late (I'm turning 34 in a month), I want to get into the competitive scene and see how good I can get. Inspired by your (and goatbarn, et al.) home garage thread earlier and hopefully I can set something up for myself in the next year.

I like Rawls a lot! I think the run game will be decent in terms of production, but it definitely sucks losing Marshawn and the presence he brought to the team.  If there are any issues this year, I have to think they'll come on the line, both sides of the ball.

The indoor setup is awesome and definitely worthwhile if you can make it happen! Huge help for practicing, especially given the typical weather up there.

Have you looked into Jim Waldron at all? I know he spends his summers in Oregon and has a decent following on the site here...might be worth checking out if you're looking for someone reasonably nearby to help.  A lot can be done on your own and with the internet for sure, but I've found the process is sped up considerably with proper direction.  Playing competitively is a great thing though too! It's an entirely different kind of golf, but it can be really fun.  If you are competitive in nature, I highly recommend it!

Spider Tour Platinum 35"

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 MakAttack

MakAttack

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 261614
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:14 PM

Awesome indoor setup! I'll be following
Ping G 9* Rouge Silver 125MSI 60-TX
Ping G 14.5* Rouge Black 110MSI 80-TX
Ping Crossover 18* Tour 90-X
Ping i200 4-P KBS Tour 130-X
Ping Glide 2.0 50*,54* SS 58* TS KBS Tour-X
Ping Vault Bergen Platinum
Ping Hoofer
Titleist ProV1X

#42 Redjeep83

Redjeep83

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115910
GolfWRX Likes : 493

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:36 PM

View Postdrewtaylor21, on 04 September 2016 - 07:04 PM, said:

Would be interested to hear from others who've poked their noses in here (QMany, Obee, etc), but at least for me, I don't really take anything to the course until I feel at least ~70% comfortable with new stuff.  Lots of slow mo work, freezers, chip drill type stuff until the feels and mechanics are matching up decently, then I can start swinging more aggressively.  When I can make a full swing with new mechanics intact, I'll start playing and working out the details on the course.

It's tough Pepsi, because I feel like the swing changes you're working on are so much more feel and intention related, that you almost might be better off just going to play.  That said, I never ever just go from the car to the first tee.  I think there's a lot of value in finding out where you are that day and knowing what you're playing with, plus getting a quick feel for the greens and hitting a few chips to iron out any wrinkles, etc.  One of my primary goals any time I play is to post a good score, and if I'm warming up for the first 3-4 holes, it's like what's the point?  That's me anyway.

For me, I don't play with a feel I don't feel comfortable with or isn't helping me to hit it better so it doesn't matter if I go to the range before hand or not but it's good to for the simple fact of warming up.

This might be controversial but If I'm trying a new feel and it's not working well or causing me to hit the ball like crap I don't spend too much time trying to get it to stick. ie Tiger needing more reps for months on swing changes. If it's not helping me to hit the ball better within a week or two I'm done with it and that's worked pretty well for me.

#43 Pure745

Pure745

The surgery was a success, but the patient died.

• 8,207 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35341
  • Handicap:+1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 8179

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:06 PM

Sweet!  Maybe it's just me, but all the different things he's covering and the accumulators and what not seem really really confusing.
Callaway Epic 7.5˚ (ECPC) - Diamana PM Prototype
Callaway Epic 14˚ - Fujikura Atmos Black 8tx
Titleist 716 T-MB/CB/MB combo set - Fujikura Pro95 Tour Spec
Vokey SM6 46F, 51F, 55V, 60V - Fujikura MCI 125 Mild
Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box

Instagram: @pure745 https://www.instagram.com/pure745/

#44 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

Goodie Bags or Death

• 2,513 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:35 PM

View PostPure745, on 04 September 2016 - 10:06 PM, said:

Sweet!  Maybe it's just me, but all the different things he's covering and the accumulators and what not seem really really confusing.

The lingo can be confusing for sure.  I had to ask him what the accumulators were (TGM stuff).  Hopefully my lesson summaries made sense though!
Spider Tour Platinum 35"

#45 Pure745

Pure745

The surgery was a success, but the patient died.

• 8,207 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35341
  • Handicap:+1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 8179

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:41 PM

View Postdrewtaylor21, on 04 September 2016 - 10:35 PM, said:

The lingo can be confusing for sure.  I had to ask him what the accumulators were (TGM stuff).  Hopefully my lesson summaries made sense though!

Haha, I had to stop watching some of them.  My ADHD couldn't handle all the terminology  :tongue:  Dan tried to link me up with Dana, but he never responded, maybe a good thing because I'd be a lost puppy trying to figure out what he's talking about.  Cool thread, definitely going to follow it!

Callaway Epic 7.5˚ (ECPC) - Diamana PM Prototype
Callaway Epic 14˚ - Fujikura Atmos Black 8tx
Titleist 716 T-MB/CB/MB combo set - Fujikura Pro95 Tour Spec
Vokey SM6 46F, 51F, 55V, 60V - Fujikura MCI 125 Mild
Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box

Instagram: @pure745 https://www.instagram.com/pure745/

#46 bph7

bph7

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135739
GolfWRX Likes : 2649

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:00 PM

View PostPure745, on 04 September 2016 - 10:41 PM, said:

Haha, I had to stop watching some of them.  My ADHD couldn't handle all the terminology  :tongue:  Dan tried to link me up with Dana, but he never responded, maybe a good thing because I'd be a lost puppy trying to figure out what he's talking about.  Cool thread, definitely going to follow it!

The accumulator stuff isn't that complicated. He's just using it because it's easier say "accumulator 2" then "ulnar deviation of the wrists". Same with p2 p3 etc.  it seems intimidating, but it's just using shortcuts for terminology.

#47 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

Goodie Bags or Death

• 2,513 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:20 PM

View PostPure745, on 04 September 2016 - 10:41 PM, said:

I wrote a few words on my key takeaways from each lesson under the videos, hopefully those were more digestable!  He's easy to understand in person, as long as you ask clarifying questions.  I found George a lot more difficult and confusing! Are you still working with him?

I definitely agree that Dana is hard to get a hold of though.  I would have given up had I not been in contact with another of his students already.  He said to keep at it, even if you're just sending the same text every day.  I think it may be his way of weeding out people who are really serious about working with him from those who are just texting him random requests (not to say you aren't serious....just that his cell # is on his website publicly, so I'm sure he gets a ton of random stuff).  That's really my only complaint with working with him, it's tough to get a response back.  He's a busy guy!
Spider Tour Platinum 35"

#48 Obee

Obee

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:02 AM

I don't reall make swing changes. I wil tweak here an there, but I alwaulys know where the face is, which is reall what matters.

#49 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

Goodie Bags or Death

• 2,513 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2016 - 01:51 AM

View PostObee, on 05 September 2016 - 12:02 AM, said:

I don't reall make swing changes. I wil tweak here an there, but I alwaulys know where the face is, which is reall what matters.

Wise words :)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"

#50 PepsiDuck

PepsiDuck

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2016 - 02:05 AM

View PostObee, on 05 September 2016 - 12:02 AM, said:

You could crawl out of bed at 3 in the morning and make your consistent, reliable, and repeatable swing with your eyes closed using left handed clubs.

Seriously.

Cleveland RTX 3.0 60*
Toulon Memphis

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#51 PepsiDuck

PepsiDuck

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2016 - 02:09 AM

I used to be a huge diva when it came to getting sufficient warmup time before a round...but lately I'd been trying to just go out there and play golf rather than worry about how I was swinging that day...

...it's clearly not the best idea at the moment, so I probably need to go back to hitting some balls before heading to the first tee...
Cleveland RTX 3.0 60*
Toulon Memphis

#52 tinman143

tinman143

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100498
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 05 September 2016 - 09:36 AM

Went to the range yesterday working on this stuff along with my camera. Boy it felt weird but I started with 80 yard 6 irons. Lots of pull hooks until I applied the ulnar deviation which immediately resulted in pushes. On vid I can see the progression from my old leftward pattern to it going right. By the end I was hitting 90% shots that were either pushes or nice draws. Loving it!

#53 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

Goodie Bags or Death

• 2,513 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2016 - 01:14 PM

View PostPepsiDuck, on 05 September 2016 - 02:09 AM, said:

I used to be a huge diva when it came to getting sufficient warmup time before a round...but lately I'd been trying to just go out there and play golf rather than worry about how I was swinging that day...

...it's clearly not the best idea at the moment, so I probably need to go back to hitting some balls before heading to the first tee...

You're such a diva Pepsi.  lol

I think you just need to find the line between warming up/seeing what you have that day vs. trying frantically to fix something before you tee of.  That seems to be where you get in trouble....
Spider Tour Platinum 35"

#54 Cape

Cape

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93992
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 05 September 2016 - 09:01 PM

Just watched the raw video. Audio is a little hard to make out, but did he say you don't want to aim right? What is the reason for that?

#55 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

Goodie Bags or Death

• 2,513 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:25 PM

View PostCape, on 05 September 2016 - 09:01 PM, said:

Just watched the raw video. Audio is a little hard to make out, but did he say you don't want to aim right? What is the reason for that?

Sorry, just saw this.  Yes, I have a tendency to want to aim right ("shift baseline right" as he says) to play a draw.  Dana wants my face and path to be rightwards, not my alignment.  He said the more I aim right the more I'll start coming over it and hitting pull draws.

Spider Tour Platinum 35"

#56 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

Goodie Bags or Death

• 2,513 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:30 PM

Quick update video, got out to the range yesterday and got some FO and DTL with a 7 iron.  Still not full speed, but getting there.  Some stuff looking good, some old patterns still in there though....Also seem to be adding some loft at impact.  Well, not adding loft, but not de-lofting as much as I'm used to.

The second DTL vid I hit what seems to be my trouble shot right now, a fat/toey pull draw.  It was also a freezer and I got the club a bit too under plane perhaps, which may have closed the face down.  I've got a text in to Dana to see what he thinks of the above issues, will update when I hear more.

Sorry for the vertical video :(   my CamCaddy can only fit my phone that way.

Edited by drewtaylor21, 08 September 2016 - 02:33 PM.

Spider Tour Platinum 35"

#57 Kuchhhhhh

Kuchhhhhh

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 374835
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 877

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:37 PM

View Postdrewtaylor21, on 08 September 2016 - 02:30 PM, said:

Quick update video, got out to the range yesterday and got some FO and DTL with a 7 iron.  Still not full speed, but getting there.  Some stuff looking good, some old patterns still in there though....Also seem to be adding some loft at impact.  Well, not adding loft, but not de-lofting as much as I'm used to.

The second DTL vid I hit what seems to be my trouble shot right now, a fat/toey pull draw.  It was also a freezer and I got the club a bit too under plane perhaps, which may have closed the face down.  I've got a text in to Dana to see what he thinks of the above issues, will update when I hear more.

Sorry for the vertical video :(   my CamCaddy can only fit my phone that way.

Backswing identical to what I worked on because I had a tendency to get laid off, I love it.
Titleist 917 10.5* Tour AD-DI 6x
Titleist 915 15* Diamana Whiteboard 70x
Titleist 915H 21* Tour AD Hybrid 95x
Titleist 712 MB X100 4-PW
Titleist SM6 50, 54, 60 S300
Scotty Cameron Newport 2

#58 Obee

Obee

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:39 PM

Beautiful golf swing!!

#59 mschu24

mschu24

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 281873
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:51 PM

How in the world do you get your hips that much turned?

It may be the camera angle, or you may be elasti-girl in disguise.

#60 PureStrikes54

PureStrikes54

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 404620
GolfWRX Likes : 361

Posted 08 September 2016 - 03:14 PM

Nice swing. A bit exaggerated stand it up, lay it down move but that's like Joe Durant, Ryan Moore, and some of GG's guys (Wolff/Ruiz) created a super hybrid swing. Keep us posted on what your pattern and dispersion is looking like after it gets engrained.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Also tagged with Dana Dahlquist, Iteach, GG

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

PureStrikes54

GolfWRX Sponsors