Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 2 votes

Epon Personal Special Edition 2016


75 replies to this topic

#61 apprenti23

apprenti23

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,934 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40702
  • Joined: 10/11/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1408

Posted 16 December 2016 - 06:16 AM

View PostJBW, on 15 December 2016 - 04:32 PM, said:

View Postapprenti23, on 15 December 2016 - 09:35 AM, said:

Had a set of PXG 0311/0311T combos and switched to Epon Personal 3's because I liked the black- zero performance gain/loss between the two. Those who have hit the Epon's, I'm very surprised you thought them feeling hot. I have yet to experience that on any of the clubs. I was nervous with the undercut as well, but the sound and feel is simply Epon to me and much different than PXG's. PXG is distinct due to that elastomer. Think if callaway made a forged hybrid I guess is closest for those who haven't hit them. I loved them and would go back if I had to and be just as happy. It would be extreme dark and 0311T all the way through though as that would be closest sizewise to the P3.  The long irons in the P3's are a dream to look at and hit whereas 0311 is god awful offset and blade length.
What shafts do you have in your P3s?  I have SPB, X-Stiff soft stepped once, in my AF 302s and they are perfect.  If I go with the P3, I'll probably go with the Modus 125, X-Stiff soft-stepped once.

Modus 120 X-Stiff and then Modus Wedge G/S/L


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1

#62 freehb

freehb

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97712
  • Joined: 11/01/2009
  • Location:FLA
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:53 PM

The black finish does wear.  Slower on the edges bit after a month of playing them the soles are wearing along w the face...

These are most similar to the 503, a little smaller.  They are not quite as long as the 703 (I was wrong earlier)...

About a half club or more longer than my 302s (although a lighter shaft in my p3).


153 BootoBee 60sh
Spoon Roddio F7s
Cleek Roddio F7s
Ryoma 21  Basileus UT80s
P3 4-P Muziik Bangvoo
Epon 213 52/58 Muziik Bangvoo
SC Kombi S

2

#63 Spoon

Spoon

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28217
  • Joined: 04/24/2007
  • Ebay ID:carlo12377
GolfWRX Likes : 145

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:49 PM

View Postfreehb, on 17 December 2016 - 07:53 PM, said:

The black finish does wear.  Slower on the edges bit after a month of playing them the soles are wearing along w the face...

These are most similar to the 503, a little smaller.  They are not quite as long as the 703 (I was wrong earlier)...

About a half club or more longer than my 302s (although a lighter shaft in my p3).

post pics of the face mr free!

3

#64 djhgolf

djhgolf

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6505
  • Joined: 10/06/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:43 AM

Anymore feedback on these? Vs 0311t's.. Are the P3's a plated finish or coated?
Tour Issue M2 9.5 - Fuji Evo3 661x
Tour Issue M2 3HL DF - GD Tour Ad DI 7x
Tour Issue M2 5 Wood - Tensei Pro White 70x
PXG 0311T 3 - DG TI AMT x100
Epon Personal 3 4-PW DG TI AMT X100
Vokey SM6 52 - DG Tour Issue S400
Vokey SM6 56 - DG Tour Issue S400
Titleist Cold Forged 60Y - DG Tour Issue S400

4

#65 SeaIsland

SeaIsland

    Certifiable

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 382818
  • Joined: 06/27/2015
  • Location:Sea Island
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:33 PM

View PostSubaruWRX, on 06 September 2016 - 11:36 PM, said:

P2>P1>P3

Nice, but not as good as either previous personal models. Tough to beat the Personal 2! Those were super slick!

Looking at a set of Personal 2s. I currently hit CB 57s. Comparable in terms of forgiveness or would the CBs be easier?


5

#66 TheBoomer

TheBoomer

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67458
  • Joined: 10/11/2008
  • Location:MICHIGAN
GolfWRX Likes : 503

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:07 PM

Dumped mine.

There's nothing in the epon line that can out perform the 302s
I have a set of 316s which I love but for some reason the offset on the 302s comfort me.


Total fail on the these special edition clubs. IMO
Something Rare
Something JDM
WITB Link

6

#67 swizbeatz

swizbeatz

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,936 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137276
  • Joined: 08/22/2011
  • Handicap:+.6
GolfWRX Likes : 1115

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:51 AM

View PostSeaIsland, on 12 March 2017 - 06:33 PM, said:

View PostSubaruWRX, on 06 September 2016 - 11:36 PM, said:

P2>P1>P3

Nice, but not as good as either previous personal models. Tough to beat the Personal 2! Those were super slick!

Looking at a set of Personal 2s. I currently hit CB 57s. Comparable in terms of forgiveness or would the CBs be easier?

Haven't hit the CB but I would definitely think they are more forgiving.  The P2 plays like a blade.
Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

7

#68 Bob57

Bob57

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103973
  • Joined: 02/25/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 434

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:39 PM

And two rounds and hitting balls of mats and finish is a nice shiny silver on the sole and scratch marks on the face...

Endo builds typical OEM $1,000 sets with wide head weight acceptance. No scrap like Mizuno..fix with weight plugs etc.  Epon is like Toyota's Lexus. No budget limitation set by OEMs so you pay.. Toyota=Endo Lexus=Epon

Edited by Bob57, 13 March 2017 - 10:45 PM.


8

#69 SeaIsland

SeaIsland

    Certifiable

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 382818
  • Joined: 06/27/2015
  • Location:Sea Island
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:53 PM

View PostTheBoomer, on 10 September 2016 - 10:00 PM, said:

In all honesty as much as I love to Ho' irons and putters.

I always go back to the PXG 0311t

With those you don't have to be perfect everyday. I'm hoping these will be the same with that "Epon" feel

Sorry if you've already answered this, but I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of the Personal 3s... I want a backup set that is easier to hit than my Miuras (CB 57s). I went from Apex to 57s and became a better player. I'm hoping these P3s land somewhere in the middle. Thoughts?

9

#70 MJisGOAT

MJisGOAT

    #themeaningoflife

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264420
  • Joined: 07/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1582

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:57 PM

View PostSeaIsland, on 24 March 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

View PostTheBoomer, on 10 September 2016 - 10:00 PM, said:

In all honesty as much as I love to Ho' irons and putters.

I always go back to the PXG 0311t

With those you don't have to be perfect everyday. I'm hoping these will be the same with that "Epon" feel

Sorry if you've already answered this, but I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of the Personal 3s... I want a backup set that is easier to hit than my Miuras (CB 57s). I went from Apex to 57s and became a better player. I'm hoping these P3s land somewhere in the middle. Thoughts?

I'm having the opposite transition. From 57 to Apex and ball striking trending up.

Cali
TailorMaid
t****
MyYourAh
Betti
Seven

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

10

#71 apprenti23

apprenti23

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,934 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40702
  • Joined: 10/11/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1408

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:38 AM

I heard that Epon is running out of stock on these.

11

#72 SeaIsland

SeaIsland

    Certifiable

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 382818
  • Joined: 06/27/2015
  • Location:Sea Island
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:08 AM

View Postfreehb, on 17 December 2016 - 07:53 PM, said:

The black finish does wear.  Slower on the edges bit after a month of playing them the soles are wearing along w the face...

These are most similar to the 503, a little smaller.  They are not quite as long as the 703 (I was wrong earlier)...

About a half club or more longer than my 302s (although a lighter shaft in my p3).

Do you still love them? I officially pulled the trigger. Make me feel good about it --if you can? MCI blacks 100s, currently use MCI 120s in CB 57s... wanted a back up set that was easier, hotter... hoping I nailed it on this choice.

12

#73 GolfTigerrr

GolfTigerrr

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 460276
  • Joined: 03/23/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:20 PM

Just patiently waiting for arrival. Quantum xmetics now Epon... pricey week fellas :scare2:  .

Edited by GolfTigerrr, 25 March 2017 - 08:21 PM.


13

#74 SeaIsland

SeaIsland

    Certifiable

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 382818
  • Joined: 06/27/2015
  • Location:Sea Island
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

View Postapprenti23, on 16 December 2016 - 06:16 AM, said:

View PostJBW, on 15 December 2016 - 04:32 PM, said:

View Postapprenti23, on 15 December 2016 - 09:35 AM, said:

Had a set of PXG 0311/0311T combos and switched to Epon Personal 3's because I liked the black- zero performance gain/loss between the two. Those who have hit the Epon's, I'm very surprised you thought them feeling hot. I have yet to experience that on any of the clubs. I was nervous with the undercut as well, but the sound and feel is simply Epon to me and much different than PXG's. PXG is distinct due to that elastomer. Think if callaway made a forged hybrid I guess is closest for those who haven't hit them. I loved them and would go back if I had to and be just as happy. It would be extreme dark and 0311T all the way through though as that would be closest sizewise to the P3.  The long irons in the P3's are a dream to look at and hit whereas 0311 is god awful offset and blade length.
What shafts do you have in your P3s?  I have SPB, X-Stiff soft stepped once, in my AF 302s and they are perfect.  If I go with the P3, I'll probably go with the Modus 125, X-Stiff soft-stepped once.

Modus 120 X-Stiff and then Modus Wedge G/S/L
I pulled the trigger on the set (P3s) with black MCI 100s. still paying them off.... make me feel good about my purchase, please? I am currently hitting CB 57s and wanted a change of pace that would be easier to hit/longer. I have had Apex's in the past and grew tired of how they looked, which explains why I headed toward the Miuras. Not likely to ever get rid of my Miuras, but very hopeful that the Epon's are going to be game changers for me... thoughts?

14

#75 MJisGOAT

MJisGOAT

    #themeaningoflife

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264420
  • Joined: 07/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1582

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:56 PM

View PostSeaIsland, on 05 April 2017 - 01:22 PM, said:

View Postapprenti23, on 16 December 2016 - 06:16 AM, said:

View PostJBW, on 15 December 2016 - 04:32 PM, said:

View Postapprenti23, on 15 December 2016 - 09:35 AM, said:

Had a set of PXG 0311/0311T combos and switched to Epon Personal 3's because I liked the black- zero performance gain/loss between the two. Those who have hit the Epon's, I'm very surprised you thought them feeling hot. I have yet to experience that on any of the clubs. I was nervous with the undercut as well, but the sound and feel is simply Epon to me and much different than PXG's. PXG is distinct due to that elastomer. Think if callaway made a forged hybrid I guess is closest for those who haven't hit them. I loved them and would go back if I had to and be just as happy. It would be extreme dark and 0311T all the way through though as that would be closest sizewise to the P3.  The long irons in the P3's are a dream to look at and hit whereas 0311 is god awful offset and blade length.
What shafts do you have in your P3s?  I have SPB, X-Stiff soft stepped once, in my AF 302s and they are perfect.  If I go with the P3, I'll probably go with the Modus 125, X-Stiff soft-stepped once.

Modus 120 X-Stiff and then Modus Wedge G/S/L
I pulled the trigger on the set (P3s) with black MCI 100s. still paying them off.... make me feel good about my purchase, please? I am currently hitting CB 57s and wanted a change of pace that would be easier to hit/longer. I have had Apex's in the past and grew tired of how they looked, which explains why I headed toward the Miuras. Not likely to ever get rid of my Miuras, but very hopeful that the Epon's are going to be game changers for me... thoughts?

Can't really help you there as I'm slowly going from Miura to apex combo.

Cali
TailorMaid
t****
MyYourAh
Betti
Seven

15

#76 apprenti23

apprenti23

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,934 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40702
  • Joined: 10/11/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1408

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:24 PM

Unless you're playing the new Genesis Miura irons there's no Tec involved to allow you to hit the ball further, easier. You're going to love them! Apex distance, JDM feel, and what are those looks!

16



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors