Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

All Star Junior Golf Tour

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MSPG97

MSPG97

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46633
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 25 January 2008 - 03:03 PM

Does anyone have any experience with All Star Junior Golf Tour?  I am looking for a well run tour for my ten year old to play on that has enough events in the area where we live.  We have friends that play on Plantation & IJGT so we already have a good bit of info on those tours and we do have some experience with US Kids.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 MSPG97

MSPG97

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2008 - 06:56 AM

The northeast.

#3 beachgrovejunior

beachgrovejunior

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24446
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:24 PM

im not the most knowledgeable in US geography, but if they live in the northeast why would you be reccommending tours in florida?, thats SOUTH east

#4 ERuhling

ERuhling

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24392
  • Ebay ID:ERuhling

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:56 PM

I live in Southwest PA and I play in different junior tours around here.  I am also looking at one of the all star tournaments.  Let me know if your from around Pittsburgh and I know of some local tournaments

#5 cokeefe1523

cokeefe1523

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21038

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:05 PM

I am not sure what the AJGA/FCWT/IJGT offer for kids that young but those are definitly the tours you want to work your way up to. As far as the All Star junior tour, they certainly play some nice courses but the tournament fields they draw are usually not of the same caliber as the above three. There maybe invitational or more selective events on this tour that I don't know about but that is just my experience.

#6 MSPG97

MSPG97

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:55 AM

We live in the NY metro area so any tour that offers events in our area that do not call for a lot of air travel is kind of our goal for the time being.  My son has only started playing over the past couple of years and while we did enter him in a few tournaments last year we are mindful of the fact that he is young and we want to keep the early costs low until we know if he truly has the mental commitment to tournament play.  So far Allstar has the most tournaments in our area of the country. My sons golf coach wants to see him play as many events as we can in the coming year so we can get an idea the desire is there to go further. We want to see how he handles the pressure,  the caliber of the field for 10yr old to me is not a priority.  Most of the scores that I have looked at from tour to tour are about the same for this age group so what I am most concerns me most is dealing with a tour that is well run from the sign-up process to the running of an event.

#7 demetri17

demetri17

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40004

Posted 29 January 2008 - 01:47 PM

i've played some allstar tournaments and they are well run on great courses.

#8 JLisbetter

JLisbetter

Rookie

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51925

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:50 PM

I've played in multiple AJGT tournaments and they are very well run, the competition is not the best but it has definitley given me a better taste of tournament compared to local junior tours i have played in.  I will be trying to play some AJGA this year and after this year i doubt if I'll play anymore AJGT.  Since your son is just 10 this is a perfect choice for him.  I'm playing at the tournament they have a Bulle Rock this year and maybe a couple others.

#9 Gross

Gross

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30012

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:43 PM

try the met pga junior tour

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users