Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 34 votes

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Kirkland ksig Is it the end of an era??

11514 replies to this topic

#11461 ode1

ode1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98193
  • Joined: 11/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 444

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:57 PM

 monks66, on 13 February 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

 Lou04380, on 12 February 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

I can confirm they are at the new jacksonville location, 5 per membership, and they still have a full pallet!

yes, if anyone can purchase for me, that would be great

Yeah me too, I'll take all 5 dzn though, LOL


Edit, can you pick me up some ksig pizza too.  TIA

Edited by ode1, 13 February 2018 - 01:59 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#11462 pappaf2

pappaf2

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99231
  • Joined: 11/26/2009
  • Location:Bay Area, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 931

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:40 PM

 ode1, on 12 February 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

Bump, I wanna know more about the pizza or the wine or the beer or the meat or the scotch or the hot dogs.  TIA
Best booze prices around. In california you don't need a membership to buy booze at costco.
We're not here for a long time,
just a good time.

2

#11463 lwestby

lwestby

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465264
  • Joined: 04/26/2017
  • Location:Winona, MN
  • Handicap:8.3
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:12 PM

 Lou04380, on 12 February 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

 ode1, on 12 February 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

Bump, I wanna know more about the pizza or the wine or the beer or the meat or the scotch or the hot dogs.  TIA

If you must know I also purchased a 9.5lb brisket flat to throw on the smoker this weekend for $55.  I don't know if that's a good price but it looks mighty tasty.  My wife bought wine, I couldn't tell you what and how much though, I couldn't take my eyes off the slab of meat!
Buy the whole packer instead.  The flat is trimmed, choice grade and around $5 a lb.  The full packer is untrimmed, prime and $2.79 a lb.  It's also where I buy all my pork bellies for bacon.  ; )

3

#11464 snagy2000

snagy2000

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,020 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9545
  • Joined: 01/10/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 333

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:20 PM

 lwestby, on 13 February 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

 Lou04380, on 12 February 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

 ode1, on 12 February 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

Bump, I wanna know more about the pizza or the wine or the beer or the meat or the scotch or the hot dogs.  TIA

If you must know I also purchased a 9.5lb brisket flat to throw on the smoker this weekend for $55.  I don't know if that's a good price but it looks mighty tasty.  My wife bought wine, I couldn't tell you what and how much though, I couldn't take my eyes off the slab of meat!
Buy the whole packer instead.  The flat is trimmed, choice grade and around $5 a lb.  The full packer is untrimmed, prime and $2.79 a lb.  It's also where I buy all my pork bellies for bacon.  ; )

I concur on the full packer...7 or 8 lb Prime Rib Roast are great to smoke and feed the family on a special occasion...I also get the pork butts which are huge and enough to feed a platoon...Great for smoking, freezing and reheating a later time down the road...

4

#11465 eagle1997

eagle1997

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121529
  • Joined: 02/01/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 18538

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:38 PM

 monks66, on 13 February 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

At some point all you homers need to stop worrying about what i say and do....as i said before, why do you care what I do?  If you must know, I will play Snells, i respect Dean Snell, and what he is doing, and am committed to playing Snells for that reason...do you homers sit around a pc and wait to make derogatory and nonsense remarks to people...again Why do you Care what I do ;;;;;

when you say stuff like this

 monks66, on 13 February 2018 - 04:26 PM, said:

keep these mtb black and red reviews coming, it will help me decide on what ball will be best for me...


after saying stuff like this

 monks66, on 13 February 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

yes, if anyone can purchase (KSigs) for me, that would be great


or saying stuff like this

 monks66, on 25 January 2018 - 11:40 AM, said:

i just unloaded 5 doz of them on ebay for $30 each,  mtb black is the ball for me


or perhaps this

 monks66, on 04 December 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

i just never thought i would stick with one ball...well...i have now...love ksigs



some people might just end up calling you out on it.

just sayin.

Cobra F8+ 9.5
TEE XCG4 3w 15
Titleist 915H 18
Cobra BioCell 22
Srixon 745 5-PW
Bstone J15 50
Bstone J15 52
Cally MD2 56
Odyssey Black Milled #1

5

#11466 TsarBomba

TsarBomba

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 451602
  • Joined: 01/13/2017
  • Location:Midwest
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 320

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:40 PM

 monks66, on 13 February 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

At some point all you homers need to stop worrying about what i say and do....as i said before, why do you care what I do?  If you must know, I will play Snells, i respect Dean Snell, and what he is doing, and am committed to playing Snells for that reason...do you homers sit around a pc and wait to make derogatory and nonsense remarks to people...again Why do you Care what I do ;;;;;

If you don't want people to read what you say... Why post it in a public forum, specifically for the purpose of people reading/thinking about what you say?

6

#11467 ode1

ode1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98193
  • Joined: 11/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 444

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:22 PM

 pappaf2, on 13 February 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

 ode1, on 12 February 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

Bump, I wanna know more about the pizza or the wine or the beer or the meat or the scotch or the hot dogs.  TIA
Best booze prices around. In california you don't need a membership to buy booze at costco.

Get out....why is that?

7

#11468 ode1

ode1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98193
  • Joined: 11/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 444

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:24 PM

 snagy2000, on 13 February 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

 lwestby, on 13 February 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

 Lou04380, on 12 February 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

 ode1, on 12 February 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

Bump, I wanna know more about the pizza or the wine or the beer or the meat or the scotch or the hot dogs.  TIA

If you must know I also purchased a 9.5lb brisket flat to throw on the smoker this weekend for $55.  I don't know if that's a good price but it looks mighty tasty.  My wife bought wine, I couldn't tell you what and how much though, I couldn't take my eyes off the slab of meat!
Buy the whole packer instead.  The flat is trimmed, choice grade and around $5 a lb.  The full packer is untrimmed, prime and $2.79 a lb.  It's also where I buy all my pork bellies for bacon.  ; )

I concur on the full packer...7 or 8 lb Prime Rib Roast are great to smoke and feed the family on a special occasion...I also get the pork butts which are huge and enough to feed a platoon...Great for smoking, freezing and reheating a later time down the road...

Lol, you guys are killing me and here I was being a silly troll and now I'm hungry, serves me right!

8

#11469 Lou04380

Lou04380

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 303993
  • Joined: 03/27/2014
  • Location:Saint Augustine, Fl
  • Handicap:7.1
  • Ebay ID:Lou04380
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:51 PM

 lwestby, on 13 February 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

 Lou04380, on 12 February 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

 ode1, on 12 February 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

Bump, I wanna know more about the pizza or the wine or the beer or the meat or the scotch or the hot dogs.  TIA

If you must know I also purchased a 9.5lb brisket flat to throw on the smoker this weekend for $55.  I don't know if that's a good price but it looks mighty tasty.  My wife bought wine, I couldn't tell you what and how much though, I couldn't take my eyes off the slab of meat!
Buy the whole packer instead.  The flat is trimmed, choice grade and around $5 a lb.  The full packer is untrimmed, prime and $2.79 a lb.  It's also where I buy all my pork bellies for bacon.  ; )

I had a whole packer in my hand, it was only $10 more, but I wasn't sure how to trim it.  I've only been smoking for about a year so I have a lot to learn, thanks for the advice!

9

#11470 OrangeGravy

OrangeGravy

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 322661
  • Joined: 06/23/2014
  • Location:Richland, WA
  • Handicap:$$
  • Ebay ID:OrangeGravy
GolfWRX Likes : 236

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:40 AM

 lwestby, on 13 February 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

 Lou04380, on 12 February 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

 ode1, on 12 February 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

Bump, I wanna know more about the pizza or the wine or the beer or the meat or the scotch or the hot dogs.  TIA

If you must know I also purchased a 9.5lb brisket flat to throw on the smoker this weekend for $55.  I don't know if that's a good price but it looks mighty tasty.  My wife bought wine, I couldn't tell you what and how much though, I couldn't take my eyes off the slab of meat!
Buy the whole packer instead.  The flat is trimmed, choice grade and around $5 a lb.  The full packer is untrimmed, prime and $2.79 a lb.  It's also where I buy all my pork bellies for bacon.  ; )

I would listen to this guy ^^^ He has it figured out!

Callaway FT Tour 9.5*/ OG Blueboard 73
Sonartec 3.5/YS-6+
Ping EYE 2+ 1-LW BECU/
Cleveland 588 DSG 54*
Cleveland 588 DSG/RTG+ 58*
Odyssey White Hot 6

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11471 OrangeGravy

OrangeGravy

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 322661
  • Joined: 06/23/2014
  • Location:Richland, WA
  • Handicap:$$
  • Ebay ID:OrangeGravy
GolfWRX Likes : 236

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:43 AM

 Lou04380, on 13 February 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

 lwestby, on 13 February 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

 Lou04380, on 12 February 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

 ode1, on 12 February 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

Bump, I wanna know more about the pizza or the wine or the beer or the meat or the scotch or the hot dogs.  TIA

If you must know I also purchased a 9.5lb brisket flat to throw on the smoker this weekend for $55.  I don't know if that's a good price but it looks mighty tasty.  My wife bought wine, I couldn't tell you what and how much though, I couldn't take my eyes off the slab of meat!
Buy the whole packer instead.  The flat is trimmed, choice grade and around $5 a lb.  The full packer is untrimmed, prime and $2.79 a lb.  It's also where I buy all my pork bellies for bacon.  ; )

I had a whole packer in my hand, it was only $10 more, but I wasn't sure how to trim it.  I've only been smoking for about a year so I have a lot to learn, thanks for the advice!

It's pretty easy, just get a good knife. You can trim the fat cap to about half inch and smoke the whole packer together or separate them prior. Easier to control the finish if you separate before hand.
Callaway FT Tour 9.5*/ OG Blueboard 73
Sonartec 3.5/YS-6+
Ping EYE 2+ 1-LW BECU/
Cleveland 588 DSG 54*
Cleveland 588 DSG/RTG+ 58*
Odyssey White Hot 6

11

#11472 snagy2000

snagy2000

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,020 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9545
  • Joined: 01/10/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 333

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:15 AM

 OrangeGravy, on 14 February 2018 - 01:43 AM, said:

 Lou04380, on 13 February 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

 lwestby, on 13 February 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

 Lou04380, on 12 February 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

 ode1, on 12 February 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

Bump, I wanna know more about the pizza or the wine or the beer or the meat or the scotch or the hot dogs.  TIA

If you must know I also purchased a 9.5lb brisket flat to throw on the smoker this weekend for $55.  I don't know if that's a good price but it looks mighty tasty.  My wife bought wine, I couldn't tell you what and how much though, I couldn't take my eyes off the slab of meat!
Buy the whole packer instead.  The flat is trimmed, choice grade and around $5 a lb.  The full packer is untrimmed, prime and $2.79 a lb.  It's also where I buy all my pork bellies for bacon.  ; )

I had a whole packer in my hand, it was only $10 more, but I wasn't sure how to trim it.  I've only been smoking for about a year so I have a lot to learn, thanks for the advice!

It's pretty easy, just get a good knife. You can trim the fat cap to about half inch and smoke the whole packer together or separate them prior. Easier to control the finish if you separate before hand.

Blasphemy! Whatever you do, do not separate...

Sincerely,
The State of Texas

Keeping the "fat cap" on or trimmed is really a personal preference...Here's a good article about the subject from the perspective of some Houston area BBQ joints...

https://www.houstonc...ing-6676237.php

12

#11473 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 21,262 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
  • Location:A golf course in the Chicago area.
  • Handicap:10.0
GolfWRX Likes : 20803

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:50 AM

Come on Snaggy...it's the "Republic of Texas."

13

#11474 PuttCurseRepeat

PuttCurseRepeat

    It's a ball mark repair tool. Use it!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 397914
  • Joined: 09/30/2015
  • Location:Chicago Western 'Burbs
GolfWRX Likes : 467

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:58 AM

 TsarBomba, on 13 February 2018 - 08:40 PM, said:

 monks66, on 13 February 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

At some point all you homers need to stop worrying about what i say and do....as i said before, why do you care what I do?  If you must know, I will play Snells, i respect Dean Snell, and what he is doing, and am committed to playing Snells for that reason...do you homers sit around a pc and wait to make derogatory and nonsense remarks to people...again Why do you Care what I do ;;;;;

If you don't want people to read what you say... Why post it in a public forum, specifically for the purpose of people reading/thinking about what you say?

Monk, I'm rather interested in reading your answer to this question.

Edited by PuttCurseRepeat, 14 February 2018 - 12:00 PM.


14

#11475 monks66

monks66

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465294
  • Joined: 04/26/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:09 PM

i post out here about the subject at hand, and read the thoughts of others about that subject.. these forums are not about telling someone they have multiple personalities....come on growup!  you are right, i will keep my thoughts to myself from here on because you have people out here that dont know how to handle it and make mindless remarks about people....thats not what the forums are about..


15

#11476 larciel

larciel

    I play for eagle

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 228091
  • Joined: 02/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 250

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:37 PM

what's new here?

chirp... chirp..

16

#11477 koung

koung

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 444880
  • Joined: 10/26/2016
  • Location:Utah
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:41 AM

 monks66, on 04 February 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

 zebra2955, on 03 February 2018 - 06:16 PM, said:

 monks66, on 02 February 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

its ashame the ksig isnt such a great deal anymore, people still asking top $ on ebay for them....i p;layed them for the price, they were hard feeling to me, but saw the $ signs, so played them, but I have decided on the Snell MTB Black, i played the original MTB, so this is softer and lower spin off tee, why wouldnt you play it

Seriously do you suffer from multiple personality disorder ?

As I said to a previous poster....why do you care what I do?  worry about Zebra, and not what monks does...dont know why i am even responding here, but i will, as i said the ksig is a great ball for the price, but at the inflated pricing on ebay, no better then other balls in its class...anyway , as i said, i played the orig mtb along with ksig, and Dean did what i wanted , softer and lower spin off driver...


Comparing the k-sig to other balls at the inflated price is dumb. With that logic why would anyone EVER buy the avx when they're selling for 30 bucks a sleeve or whatever nonsense price they're selling at on ebay? The reason why it was/is so popular is you get an amazing tour quality ball at a little over a dollar each.

17

#11478 eagle1997

eagle1997

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121529
  • Joined: 02/01/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 18538

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:56 AM

FYI: the jacksonville location will not ship out ksigs, even if you are a costco member.

also, there's no word about my local costco getting any ksigs anytime soon.
Cobra F8+ 9.5
TEE XCG4 3w 15
Titleist 915H 18
Cobra BioCell 22
Srixon 745 5-PW
Bstone J15 50
Bstone J15 52
Cally MD2 56
Odyssey Black Milled #1

18

#11479 OrangeGravy

OrangeGravy

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 322661
  • Joined: 06/23/2014
  • Location:Richland, WA
  • Handicap:$$
  • Ebay ID:OrangeGravy
GolfWRX Likes : 236

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:25 AM

 eagle1997, on 15 February 2018 - 10:56 AM, said:

FYI: the jacksonville location will not ship out ksigs, even if you are a costco member.

also, there's no word about my local costco getting any ksigs anytime soon.

Costco has never shipped product from individual stores. Nobody ships from specific store fronts. Online orders are filled from warehouses!
Callaway FT Tour 9.5*/ OG Blueboard 73
Sonartec 3.5/YS-6+
Ping EYE 2+ 1-LW BECU/
Cleveland 588 DSG 54*
Cleveland 588 DSG/RTG+ 58*
Odyssey White Hot 6

19

#11480 Mgov

Mgov

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 493228
  • Joined: 02/11/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:57 AM

Bestbuy ships from stores. It was a large part of their turnaround a few years back. The stores can double as warehouses.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#11481 North Butte

North Butte

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,937 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
  • Joined: 05/09/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 4592

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:04 AM

View PostMgov, on 16 February 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

Bestbuy ships from stores. It was a large part of their turnaround a few years back. The stores can double as warehouses.

But not K-Sigs, right?
Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

21

#11482 Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482578
  • Joined: 09/23/2017
  • Location:Long Island
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:44 AM

View Postpappaf2, on 13 February 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

View Postode1, on 12 February 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

Bump, I wanna know more about the pizza or the wine or the beer or the meat or the scotch or the hot dogs.  TIA
Best booze prices around. In california you don't need a membership to buy booze at costco.

We get screwed in NY.  Here, both wine & liquor can only be sold in "liquor stores".  Liquor stores can't sell non alcohol related products.  Licenses for liquor stores must be held by an individual (not companies or corporations) who live in close proximity to the liquor store and an individual can only have a license for one store.  This is to prevent chains of liquor stores.

So, unless those laws change, which they won't, we will never be able to buy wine or liquor from Costco.  We will never be able to buy "two-buck Chuck" from Trader Joe's either.

A smart businessman opened a liquor store right next to (the same physical building) a Costco on Long Island.  He furnished the store with the exact same shelving that Costco uses.  He also has relatively good prices.  Although he doesn't claim to have any affiliation with Costco, people go in there thinking that they are buying from Costco.  Since there is no liquor in any of the Costco stores here, the fact that he doesn't stock any Kirkland branded liquor doesn't surprise anyone because New Yorkers don't know that Kirkland branded liquor even exists.

22

#11483 pappaf2

pappaf2

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99231
  • Joined: 11/26/2009
  • Location:Bay Area, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 931

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:56 PM

View PostBill Broderick, on 16 February 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

View Postpappaf2, on 13 February 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

View Postode1, on 12 February 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

Bump, I wanna know more about the pizza or the wine or the beer or the meat or the scotch or the hot dogs.  TIA
Best booze prices around. In california you don't need a membership to buy booze at costco.

We get screwed in NY.  Here, both wine & liquor can only be sold in "liquor stores".  Liquor stores can't sell non alcohol related products.  Licenses for liquor stores must be held by an individual (not companies or corporations) who live in close proximity to the liquor store and an individual can only have a license for one store.  This is to prevent chains of liquor stores.

So, unless those laws change, which they won't, we will never be able to buy wine or liquor from Costco.  We will never be able to buy "two-buck Chuck" from Trader Joe's either.

A smart businessman opened a liquor store right next to (the same physical building) a Costco on Long Island.  He furnished the store with the exact same shelving that Costco uses.  He also has relatively good prices.  Although he doesn't claim to have any affiliation with Costco, people go in there thinking that they are buying from Costco.  Since there is no liquor in any of the Costco stores here, the fact that he doesn't stock any Kirkland branded liquor doesn't surprise anyone because New Yorkers don't know that Kirkland branded liquor even exists.

I couldn't believe the liquor prices when I was in New York this summer. A handle (1.75l) of Titos was like $45-$50! The costco I shop at I can get it for $26 a handle.
We're not here for a long time,
just a good time.

23

#11484 Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482578
  • Joined: 09/23/2017
  • Location:Long Island
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:46 PM

View Postpappaf2, on 16 February 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

View PostBill Broderick, on 16 February 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

View Postpappaf2, on 13 February 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

View Postode1, on 12 February 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

Bump, I wanna know more about the pizza or the wine or the beer or the meat or the scotch or the hot dogs.  TIA
Best booze prices around. In california you don't need a membership to buy booze at costco.

We get screwed in NY.  Here, both wine & liquor can only be sold in "liquor stores".  Liquor stores can't sell non alcohol related products.  Licenses for liquor stores must be held by an individual (not companies or corporations) who live in close proximity to the liquor store and an individual can only have a license for one store.  This is to prevent chains of liquor stores.

So, unless those laws change, which they won't, we will never be able to buy wine or liquor from Costco.  We will never be able to buy "two-buck Chuck" from Trader Joe's either.

A smart businessman opened a liquor store right next to (the same physical building) a Costco on Long Island.  He furnished the store with the exact same shelving that Costco uses.  He also has relatively good prices.  Although he doesn't claim to have any affiliation with Costco, people go in there thinking that they are buying from Costco.  Since there is no liquor in any of the Costco stores here, the fact that he doesn't stock any Kirkland branded liquor doesn't surprise anyone because New Yorkers don't know that Kirkland branded liquor even exists.

I couldn't believe the liquor prices when I was in New York this summer. A handle (1.75l) of Titos was like $45-$50! The costco I shop at I can get it for $26 a handle.


You were shopping in the wrong place (or you were in the Hamptons).  I just checked a local liquor store that I know has a website.  They're selling it for $29.99.

24

#11485 gioreeko

gioreeko

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122138
  • Joined: 02/12/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 97

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:19 PM

I was at a Costco today, and they usually have a pretty good stack of Callaway Superhots in stock. They literally had 4 boxes left, I've never seen the supply so low.  I have a feeling something else will be in stock soon!

Driver: Taylor Made M1
3 wood: Taylor made 12 degree mini driver TP
3 Iron Mizuno Fli hi
4-6: Mizuno mp18 MMC
7-PW: Mizuno MP 18 SC
Mizuno TP5 50, 56 degree
Odyssey Versa Tank Putter
Kirkland Tour ball

25

#11486 J_Birdie

J_Birdie

    LOFT Issue

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 386108
  • Joined: 07/15/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 666

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:04 PM

Yeah some Superhot 55s
What's in my bag:
Cobra King F8+ (9.5D/weight forward) w/ Aldila NV 2KXV 60X 45"
Cobra Fly-Z+ 3W w/ Aldila Tour Blue 75X  42.75"
Cobra King F6 Baffler 5W Aldila Tour Blue 85X 41.5"
Srixon Z565 3i Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 85g +1" 2* Up
Srixon Z765 4-PW Project X 6.0 +.5" 1* Up
Cleveland RTX3 2-Dot 50* & 54* (bent to 55*) & 60*  Project X 7.0 +.5" 1* Up
Odyssey O-Works 7S Black with Superstroke GT 2.0 Pistol Grip 35"

26

#11487 Baitkiller

Baitkiller

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 359765
  • Joined: 01/27/2015
  • Location:SW Fl.
  • Handicap:Yes
GolfWRX Likes : 806

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:03 PM

Hahahaha... thats what happened at my store!
I can Break Rocks
Krank F-5.. UST Tour and or the Cobra F7+ > no winner yet.
Adams Speedline 15* Wasabi stiff
XXIO 5 wood , proprietary shaft
Wilson 2 iron from the 1980s, teaspoon shaft unknown.
Mizuno MP-52 3-PW (48*), DG X100, may soon get recoils.
Mizuno MP R-12 at 54* and 60* DG spinners.
Bettinardi C-01
THE Kirkland Signature 4 piece urethane cover golf ball.

27

#11488 theboypinoy

theboypinoy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128768
  • Joined: 05/15/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 151

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:06 AM

They got rid of the Callaway balls and gloves at the stores around me... :)

28

#11489 North Butte

North Butte

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,937 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
  • Joined: 05/09/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 4592

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:50 AM

View Posttheboypinoy, on 19 February 2018 - 05:06 AM, said:

They got rid of the Callaway balls and gloves at the stores around me... :)

Well now that they have run Titleist out of the golf ball business, obviously they intend to put FootJoy out of the glove business with KIRKLAND Signature gloves. All cabretta and 2-for-$2.99, baby!
Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

29

#11490 Girevik

Girevik

    I'm still away

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 274655
  • Joined: 09/04/2013
  • Location:Columbus, OH
GolfWRX Likes : 130

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:57 AM

View PostBill Broderick, on 16 February 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

View Postpappaf2, on 13 February 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

View Postode1, on 12 February 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

Bump, I wanna know more about the pizza or the wine or the beer or the meat or the scotch or the hot dogs.  TIA
Best booze prices around. In california you don't need a membership to buy booze at costco.

We get screwed in NY.  Here, both wine & liquor can only be sold in "liquor stores".  Liquor stores can't sell non alcohol related products.  Licenses for liquor stores must be held by an individual (not companies or corporations) who live in close proximity to the liquor store and an individual can only have a license for one store.  This is to prevent chains of liquor stores.

So, unless those laws change, which they won't, we will never be able to buy wine or liquor from Costco.  We will never be able to buy "two-buck Chuck" from Trader Joe's either.

Similar boat here in Ohio, except the only place that can sell liquor is a "state store", meaning that Ohio actually owns all the booze and the liquor stores sell it on consignment at more-or-less mandated prices and get a certain amount per bottle.  Totally absurd system that totally removes the free market from the equation.

Sto Pro Veritate

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



2 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


    drn92, mxkem

GolfWRX Sponsors