Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 33 votes

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Kirkland ksig Is it the end of an era??

10230 replies to this topic

#10201 lopey986

lopey986

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,308 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 413808
  • Joined: 02/28/2016
  • Location:Illinois
  • Ebay ID:lopey986
GolfWRX Likes : 726

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:44 PM

View PostDavePelz4, on 30 August 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

View PostBaitkiller, on 30 August 2017 - 04:31 PM, said:

Apothic Red is our daily driver . Bought a case at 7.95 each and another 1/2 case of the Montepulciano at 8.95 two days ago.  Great prices on some pretty decent vino.   Love the Apothic Dark too, back flavors of chocolate. Just dont like it in summer. Winter is time for meaty wines and IPAs.
That old dusty half-stack of Hex balls is still there too.
Almost forgot. They have APC backup power supplies for like 39 bucks. I saw some dude with a sled full. I had to get out line and go buy two! Screaming good deal.

If you try the Apothic Inferno which is aged in a bourbon barrel, watch out.  It is EXTREMELY bourbon forward.

Whoa...I had not heard about this...now I MUST try it.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#10202 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 20,263 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
  • Location:A golf course in the Chicago area.
  • Handicap:10.0
GolfWRX Likes : 18946

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:42 PM

View PostDpavs, on 31 August 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

View PostJ_Birdie, on 31 August 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

eh just got back from costco and the butcher guy at the meat counter said he expects them soon, maybe even the same truck as his next shipment of ribs

I always wondered if the butcher got the balls with all the other stuff... now I know I guess.

In Denver they're Kirkland Signature Rocky Mountain Oysters.

2

#10203 mgoofy24

mgoofy24

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 232261
  • Joined: 02/26/2013
  • Location:Bay Area, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:52 AM

View PostDavePelz4, on 31 August 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

View PostDpavs, on 31 August 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

View PostJ_Birdie, on 31 August 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

eh just got back from costco and the butcher guy at the meat counter said he expects them soon, maybe even the same truck as his next shipment of ribs

I always wondered if the butcher got the balls with all the other stuff... now I know I guess.

In Denver they're Kirkland Signature Rocky Mountain Oysters.

Delicious....mmmmmmm

3

#10204 Jalan

Jalan

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98653
  • Joined: 11/16/2009
  • Location:Frostbite Falls, MN
  • Handicap:18
  • Ebay ID:pingjeff
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:25 AM

View PostBreak81, on 29 August 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

View PostGeaux Gators, on 27 August 2017 - 06:44 AM, said:

You can use other brands in your advertising.  there are rules to you have to adhere to in doing so, but you can.  Notice that it doesn't say "this shiz is as good or better than listerine"  it just says compare to Listerine.  Also, I don't think Procter and Gamble (if thats who owns listerine) are going to say anything because:

A) they will sell way more than the equate will take away through the other stores and those (like my wife) that are still going to buy the name brand
B) WalMart owns the equate brand, and tells them we won't sell your shiz if you say anything about us selling equate....and thats the real reason....  And this REALLY happens.  WalMart tells a lot of companies how they are going to be sold to and if they don't like it, they will replace them on the shelf with a competitor.  I know someone from Mission Brand tortillas, and when they met with WalMart with their proposal, walmart set the terms..
in the words of Dave Mustaine.... when you get in bed with a 800 pound gorilla, it doesn't stop till the gorilla stops...

Costco can't have its supply chain threatened by CostCo... just some of its sales... but if Dicks decided that ALL of their stores and All of the Golf Galaxy's and all the others they own would no longer carry titleist, and it was because the TopFlite was now an equivalent ball, then Titleist would be at a disadvantage, as thats thier number one (i think) retailer....  because Titleist would allow them to sell the TopFlite...  thats a different discussion.  

I may not have made sense, but it is early and I am only on my first cup of coffee....
  I am just impressed Dave Mustaine actually made it into the Ksig thread!

If Dick's/GG stopped selling Titleist Golf Balls, it would hurt them more than it would Titleist. If they stopped selling the balls, I wouldn't be surprised if Titleist pulled their entire line from Dick's/GG.

Guess who'd cave in first.

Edited by Jalan, 02 September 2017 - 11:25 AM.

2016 M1 9.5º with White Tie 6x4 in R flex
SLDR HL 3W
Callaway XR Hybrids 3 and 4 with factory Matrix 5.5 Graphite
3-P, A, SW Callaway CF16 Apex Irons w/KBS Tour 90 R flex
Scratch 8620 D/S 60º wedge
SC California Monterey 34"
K Sig
Pro V1

4

#10205 tangojay

tangojay

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18679
  • Joined: 08/31/2006
  • Location:So. Cal
GolfWRX Likes : 287

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:20 AM

If you ever need some help sleeping (like I did , read this thread) , I took an abpmbien and in the fog before I fell into la-la land, I had a thought or question towards those who defend the Pro-V1's like they were fighting for the honor of their property maiden:

Why does it bother you (and apparently Acushet !) that many of us have found a ball that to us mere mortals, gives us the performance of a Pro-V1 at 15.99 a dozen?


5

#10206 North Butte

North Butte

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
  • Joined: 05/09/2016
  • Handicap:25
GolfWRX Likes : 3055

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:41 AM

I don't think you will find any of the last 10,000 responses to this thread which express "bother" that you found a ball that was cheap. Only people pointing out that a) there are numerous other options in the $20-ish/dozen range, b) the K-Sig is no longer available anyway and c) the brief availability and cheapness of the K-Sig is not going to change the world.
A sensible man will realize that the eyes may be confused in two ways---by a change from light to darkness or from darkness to light; and he will recognize the same thing happens to the soul.

--Plato

6

#10207 snagy2000

snagy2000

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 928 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9545
  • Joined: 01/10/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 269

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:48 AM

rinse and repeat!!!

7

#10208 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 20,263 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
  • Location:A golf course in the Chicago area.
  • Handicap:10.0
GolfWRX Likes : 18946

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:06 AM

Played yesterday at a local muni and was paired up with two really nice guys.  One my advanced age and a younger guy.  The old guy and I hit side by side drives on a hole and as we walked up to the shots, he asked what kind of ball I was playing.  Told him a KSig and he about wet his pants.  He's aware of the legend of the KSig, been trying to get his hands on some but didn't want to pay the exorbitant prices on the various websites.  He knew a ton about the ball and now he no longer needs to see how they play he can determine that himself.

Edited by DavePelz4, 05 September 2017 - 01:09 PM.


8

#10209 justasgood

justasgood

    Without Tempo, you are just a hacker.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212517
  • Joined: 11/22/2012
  • Location:Covington country club, Mandeville Louisiana
  • Handicap:I.Q.
  • Ebay ID:klccsam
GolfWRX Likes : 1348

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:49 PM

View PostDavePelz4, on 05 September 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

Played yesterday at a local muni and was paired up with two really nice guys.  One my advanced age and a younger guy.  The old guy and I hit side by side drives on a hole and as we walked up to the shots, he asked what kind of ball I was playing.  Told him a KSig and he about wet his pants.  He's aware of the legend of the KSig, been trying to get his hands on some but didn't want to pay the exorbitant prices on the various websites.  He knew a ton about the ball and now he no longer needs to see how they play he can determine that himself.

So the missus allowed you to take your balls out and play?

9

#10210 Break81

Break81

    Broke80

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263738
  • Joined: 07/13/2013
  • Location:Chino Hills
  • Handicap:9.5
  • Ebay ID:marcbogey
GolfWRX Likes : 310

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:27 PM

Found me a mint Ksig yesterday... Really a one hit wonder.

Guess I'll save it just to have for conversation sake

TM M1 - Rouge 60 Stiff
Callaway XR - 4 wood - Rouge w/ RIP tip 60
Callaway BB V-Series 5 wood - Rouge Silver Stiff
Mizuno JPX850 Forger 4-GW - XP115 S300
Titleist 55 F grind / 60 M grind
EVNROLL ER5
Nike RZN Tour Platinum / Snell MTB / Srixon XV / TM TP

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#10211 TsarBomba

TsarBomba

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 451602
  • Joined: 01/13/2017
  • Location:Midwest
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 259

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:43 PM

 North Butte, on 05 September 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

I don't think you will find any of the last 10,000 responses to this thread which express "bother" that you found a ball that was cheap. Only people pointing out that a) there are numerous other options in the $20-ish/dozen range, b) the K-Sig is no longer available anyway and c) the brief availability and cheapness of the K-Sig is not going to change the world.


Obviously that is just a summary of some (not all) of your contributions..but, there are definitely other more imflammatory points made, throughout. Let's not rehash the nonsense.

11

#10212 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 20,263 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
  • Location:A golf course in the Chicago area.
  • Handicap:10.0
GolfWRX Likes : 18946

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:54 PM

 justasgood, on 05 September 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

 DavePelz4, on 05 September 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

Played yesterday at a local muni and was paired up with two really nice guys.  One my advanced age and a younger guy.  The old guy and I hit side by side drives on a hole and as we walked up to the shots, he asked what kind of ball I was playing.  Told him a KSig and he about wet his pants.  He's aware of the legend of the KSig, been trying to get his hands on some but didn't want to pay the exorbitant prices on the various websites.  He knew a ton about the ball and now he no longer needs to see how they play he can determine that himself.

So the missus allowed you to take your balls out and play?

Her Mother was in town for the weekend so there were a few hours of freedom.  Reminded me of Kramer..."I'm out there Jerry and I'm loving it!"

12

#10213 Geaux Gators

Geaux Gators

    GEAUX GATORS

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250880
  • Joined: 05/16/2013
  • Location:Lake City, FL
  • Handicap:5.6
GolfWRX Likes : 756

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:21 AM

 Jalan, on 02 September 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

 Break81, on 29 August 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

 Geaux Gators, on 27 August 2017 - 06:44 AM, said:

You can use other brands in your advertising.  there are rules to you have to adhere to in doing so, but you can.  Notice that it doesn't say "this shiz is as good or better than listerine"  it just says compare to Listerine.  Also, I don't think Procter and Gamble (if thats who owns listerine) are going to say anything because:

A) they will sell way more than the equate will take away through the other stores and those (like my wife) that are still going to buy the name brand
B) WalMart owns the equate brand, and tells them we won't sell your shiz if you say anything about us selling equate....and thats the real reason....  And this REALLY happens.  WalMart tells a lot of companies how they are going to be sold to and if they don't like it, they will replace them on the shelf with a competitor.  I know someone from Mission Brand tortillas, and when they met with WalMart with their proposal, walmart set the terms..
in the words of Dave Mustaine.... when you get in bed with a 800 pound gorilla, it doesn't stop till the gorilla stops...

Costco can't have its supply chain threatened by CostCo... just some of its sales... but if Dicks decided that ALL of their stores and All of the Golf Galaxy's and all the others they own would no longer carry titleist, and it was because the TopFlite was now an equivalent ball, then Titleist would be at a disadvantage, as thats thier number one (i think) retailer....  because Titleist would allow them to sell the TopFlite...  thats a different discussion.  

I may not have made sense, but it is early and I am only on my first cup of coffee....
  I am just impressed Dave Mustaine actually made it into the Ksig thread!

If Dick's/GG stopped selling Titleist Golf Balls, it would hurt them more than it would Titleist. If they stopped selling the balls, I wouldn't be surprised if Titleist pulled their entire line from Dick's/GG.

Guess who'd cave in first.

I'm speaking hypothetically... if they decided to put their own ball out there with the opinion they didn't need the titleist line, and if the perception was that there was a ball that was a viable alternative.  This would hurt Titleist, bad.  I worked in the music industry, if Guitar center dropped Fender, Fender would go under.  not guitar center.  they are X percentage of Fenders sales. and all their sub companies (musicians friend, Music 123, etc)  but Fender is not X percentage of their sales...  Its all a crock, bun fun to talk about...
Ping G400 LST Aldila Rogue Silver 70 2.8 X
Ping i25 3w Aldila Rogue Silver 70 3.1 S
Ping i25 5w Aldila Rogue Silver 70 3.1 S
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping iBlades Blue Dot Project X 6.0 5-W (power spec)
Ping Glide 2.0 48/52/56
Ping Tyne
Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Bushnell Tour X

13

#10214 Geaux Gators

Geaux Gators

    GEAUX GATORS

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250880
  • Joined: 05/16/2013
  • Location:Lake City, FL
  • Handicap:5.6
GolfWRX Likes : 756

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:23 AM

 Break81, on 29 August 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

 Geaux Gators, on 27 August 2017 - 06:44 AM, said:

You can use other brands in your advertising.  there are rules to you have to adhere to in doing so, but you can.  Notice that it doesn't say "this shiz is as good or better than listerine"  it just says compare to Listerine.  Also, I don't think Procter and Gamble (if thats who owns listerine) are going to say anything because:

A) they will sell way more than the equate will take away through the other stores and those (like my wife) that are still going to buy the name brand
B) WalMart owns the equate brand, and tells them we won't sell your shiz if you say anything about us selling equate....and thats the real reason....  And this REALLY happens.  WalMart tells a lot of companies how they are going to be sold to and if they don't like it, they will replace them on the shelf with a competitor.  I know someone from Mission Brand tortillas, and when they met with WalMart with their proposal, walmart set the terms..
in the words of Dave Mustaine.... when you get in bed with a 800 pound gorilla, it doesn't stop till the gorilla stops...

Costco can't have its supply chain threatened by CostCo... just some of its sales... but if Dicks decided that ALL of their stores and All of the Golf Galaxy's and all the others they own would no longer carry titleist, and it was because the TopFlite was now an equivalent ball, then Titleist would be at a disadvantage, as thats thier number one (i think) retailer....  because Titleist would allow them to sell the TopFlite...  thats a different discussion.  

I may not have made sense, but it is early and I am only on my first cup of coffee....
  I am just impressed Dave Mustaine actually made it into the Ksig thread!

he actually plays golf.  Alice cooper got him into the game.
Ping G400 LST Aldila Rogue Silver 70 2.8 X
Ping i25 3w Aldila Rogue Silver 70 3.1 S
Ping i25 5w Aldila Rogue Silver 70 3.1 S
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping iBlades Blue Dot Project X 6.0 5-W (power spec)
Ping Glide 2.0 48/52/56
Ping Tyne
Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Bushnell Tour X

14

#10215 Break81

Break81

    Broke80

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263738
  • Joined: 07/13/2013
  • Location:Chino Hills
  • Handicap:9.5
  • Ebay ID:marcbogey
GolfWRX Likes : 310

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:35 PM

 Geaux Gators, on 06 September 2017 - 05:23 AM, said:

 Break81, on 29 August 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

 Geaux Gators, on 27 August 2017 - 06:44 AM, said:

You can use other brands in your advertising.  there are rules to you have to adhere to in doing so, but you can.  Notice that it doesn't say "this shiz is as good or better than listerine"  it just says compare to Listerine.  Also, I don't think Procter and Gamble (if thats who owns listerine) are going to say anything because:

A) they will sell way more than the equate will take away through the other stores and those (like my wife) that are still going to buy the name brand
B) WalMart owns the equate brand, and tells them we won't sell your shiz if you say anything about us selling equate....and thats the real reason....  And this REALLY happens.  WalMart tells a lot of companies how they are going to be sold to and if they don't like it, they will replace them on the shelf with a competitor.  I know someone from Mission Brand tortillas, and when they met with WalMart with their proposal, walmart set the terms..
in the words of Dave Mustaine.... when you get in bed with a 800 pound gorilla, it doesn't stop till the gorilla stops...

Costco can't have its supply chain threatened by CostCo... just some of its sales... but if Dicks decided that ALL of their stores and All of the Golf Galaxy's and all the others they own would no longer carry titleist, and it was because the TopFlite was now an equivalent ball, then Titleist would be at a disadvantage, as thats thier number one (i think) retailer....  because Titleist would allow them to sell the TopFlite...  thats a different discussion.  

I may not have made sense, but it is early and I am only on my first cup of coffee....
  I am just impressed Dave Mustaine actually made it into the Ksig thread!

he actually plays golf.  Alice cooper got him into the game.
    And he is still making great music. Dystopia is great album!

TM M1 - Rouge 60 Stiff
Callaway XR - 4 wood - Rouge w/ RIP tip 60
Callaway BB V-Series 5 wood - Rouge Silver Stiff
Mizuno JPX850 Forger 4-GW - XP115 S300
Titleist 55 F grind / 60 M grind
EVNROLL ER5
Nike RZN Tour Platinum / Snell MTB / Srixon XV / TM TP

15

#10216 Shilgy

Shilgy

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,630 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 235237
  • Joined: 03/07/2013
  • Location:Phoenix
  • Handicap:1.5
GolfWRX Likes : 4569

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:20 PM

 Geaux Gators, on 06 September 2017 - 05:21 AM, said:

 Jalan, on 02 September 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

 Break81, on 29 August 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

 Geaux Gators, on 27 August 2017 - 06:44 AM, said:

You can use other brands in your advertising.  there are rules to you have to adhere to in doing so, but you can.  Notice that it doesn't say "this shiz is as good or better than listerine"  it just says compare to Listerine.  Also, I don't think Procter and Gamble (if thats who owns listerine) are going to say anything because:

A) they will sell way more than the equate will take away through the other stores and those (like my wife) that are still going to buy the name brand
B) WalMart owns the equate brand, and tells them we won't sell your shiz if you say anything about us selling equate....and thats the real reason....  And this REALLY happens.  WalMart tells a lot of companies how they are going to be sold to and if they don't like it, they will replace them on the shelf with a competitor.  I know someone from Mission Brand tortillas, and when they met with WalMart with their proposal, walmart set the terms..
in the words of Dave Mustaine.... when you get in bed with a 800 pound gorilla, it doesn't stop till the gorilla stops...

Costco can't have its supply chain threatened by CostCo... just some of its sales... but if Dicks decided that ALL of their stores and All of the Golf Galaxy's and all the others they own would no longer carry titleist, and it was because the TopFlite was now an equivalent ball, then Titleist would be at a disadvantage, as thats thier number one (i think) retailer....  because Titleist would allow them to sell the TopFlite...  thats a different discussion.  

I may not have made sense, but it is early and I am only on my first cup of coffee....
  I am just impressed Dave Mustaine actually made it into the Ksig thread!

If Dick's/GG stopped selling Titleist Golf Balls, it would hurt them more than it would Titleist. If they stopped selling the balls, I wouldn't be surprised if Titleist pulled their entire line from Dick's/GG.

Guess who'd cave in first.

I'm speaking hypothetically... if they decided to put their own ball out there with the opinion they didn't need the titleist line, and if the perception was that there was a ball that was a viable alternative.  This would hurt Titleist, bad.  I worked in the music industry, if Guitar center dropped Fender, Fender would go under.  not guitar center.  they are X percentage of Fenders sales. and all their sub companies (musicians friend, Music 123, etc)  but Fender is not X percentage of their sales...  Its all a crock, bun fun to talk about...
I know absolutely zip about guitars. But if this store you speak of quit selling Fender I would think it would hurt them. Folks wanting Fender would/could go elsewhere. Same as Dick's. Quit selling Titleist and see sales go elsewhere. Sure, some lazy folks would switch to Maxfli or whatever but anyone that wanted Titleist would just shop elsewhere. Like Amazon.
Callaway Epic SZ Fujikura Atmos Black 6s
TM M1 3w 14*  Kuro Kage 70X
Srixon U65 18 Atmos Red 7s
Adams A12 UST Silver S 21
Srixon Z765 5-PW Nippon Pro Modus3 125S
Taylormade Milled Grind 50
Nike Engage 54 TS
Nike Engage 58 TS
Toulon Garage Rochester

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened .  :)

16

#10217 jpdx

jpdx

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430484
  • Joined: 06/26/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 221

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:14 PM

While we are all waiting on the ksigs to drop - maxfli u/6 are on sale at dicks for BOGO at $29.99. same price as ksigs and I'm sure comparable performance based on my own feeling, testing, and my swing.

The titleist crowd won't care, but to the value seekers that are running low, a good urethane ball that's comparable to the prov are available again for $15/dz
Nike Vapor Flex 440 driver 12.5* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly 3 wood 15* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly 3 hybrid 20* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4-AW DG Pro S300
Nike Engage 54* SS and 58* DS
Nike Method Matter m4-12
Nike Air Hybrid II Bag

back up/other bag in progress
Nike Vapor Pro driver 9.5* Diamana Blueboard
Taylormade Burner 2.0 3 wood stock r flex shaft
Taylormade Burner 2.0 3 hybrid stock r flex haft

Nike Vapor Pro 4-PW DG s300
Cleveland cg15 54* and 58*

Nike Method Origin b2-01

17

#10218 eagle1997

eagle1997

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,274 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121529
  • Joined: 02/01/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 17092

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:48 PM

Good luck to anyone who tries out the U/6.  

Worst. Ball. Ever.

For me, anyway.
TM M1 460 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Titleist 915H 18°
Cobra BioCell 22°
Srixon 745 5-PW
Mizuno 850 50°
Vokey 52° M grind
Cally MD2 56°
Sizemore SS DCF-4 Putter

18

#10219 Jasonic

Jasonic

    Gamer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 277815
  • Joined: 09/25/2013
  • Location:Queens NY
  • Handicap:7.2
GolfWRX Likes : 1842

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:03 PM

I like the U6. Underrated. I got the tour but it is a touch hard so would suggest the soft
Cobra f7+ 9.5*- Flowerband OG WB 73x
Cobra f7 3/4 wood - 14.5* - Flowerband OG WB 83x
Srixon u45 DI - 20* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Srixon z945 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
TaylorMade Spider Limited Red
KSig or Snell MTB :)

19

#10220 jmck

jmck

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66331
  • Joined: 09/23/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 2222

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:28 AM

FWIW, I liked the U4 better than the U6.  And if the U6 is BOGO the rest of them probably are as well.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#10221 sleeper2

sleeper2

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412310
  • Joined: 02/15/2016
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:06 AM

Also, Dicks has the Wilson Duo for $8.39 doz.

21

#10222 North Butte

North Butte

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
  • Joined: 05/09/2016
  • Handicap:25
GolfWRX Likes : 3055

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:18 AM

View Postsleeper2, on 08 September 2017 - 08:06 AM, said:

Also, Dicks has the Wilson Duo for $8.39 doz.

I've never cared that much for Duo, maybe because I'm still mad at Wilson for dropping the old 3-piece ZIP. But at under $10/dozen our Original Poster ought to just go buy 8 dozen of them and not have to think about golf balls again for the rest of the year!
A sensible man will realize that the eyes may be confused in two ways---by a change from light to darkness or from darkness to light; and he will recognize the same thing happens to the soul.

--Plato

22

#10223 rlb4

rlb4

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 476648
  • Joined: 07/27/2017
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:20
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:09 AM

View Postsleeper2, on 08 September 2017 - 08:06 AM, said:

Also, Dicks has the Wilson Duo for $8.39 doz.

You can also get the Wilson Zip for $10/dozen. I felt that they had similar softness but more spin than the Duo.
Odyssey O-works #7 WBW

23

#10224 gioreeko

gioreeko

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122138
  • Joined: 02/12/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:04 PM

Played today the whole round with one Kirkland ball. Not a scuff or scratch on it, and it absolutely ripped up the green and spun back, even a little more so than the the pro'v's and chrome softs I had been playing before this. Love love love love this ball!!! Unreal performance for the price.
Driver: Taylor Made M1
3 wood: Taylor made 12 degree mini driver TP
19 degree hybrid: Taylor Made
4-GW: Maltby KE4+ tour
Maltby SW 56 degree
Odyssey Versa Tank Putter
Kirkland Tour ball

24

#10225 Break81

Break81

    Broke80

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263738
  • Joined: 07/13/2013
  • Location:Chino Hills
  • Handicap:9.5
  • Ebay ID:marcbogey
GolfWRX Likes : 310

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:52 PM

View PostJasonic, on 07 September 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

I like the U6. Underrated. I got the tour but it is a touch hard so would suggest the soft
  I haven't tried the soft but I agree the regular is a bit firm.  I like the Srixon XV as my gamer so firm is ok.

    The u/6 has above average greenside spin too!!  Great bang for buck ball!

TM M1 - Rouge 60 Stiff
Callaway XR - 4 wood - Rouge w/ RIP tip 60
Callaway BB V-Series 5 wood - Rouge Silver Stiff
Mizuno JPX850 Forger 4-GW - XP115 S300
Titleist 55 F grind / 60 M grind
EVNROLL ER5
Nike RZN Tour Platinum / Snell MTB / Srixon XV / TM TP

25

#10226 jpdx

jpdx

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430484
  • Joined: 06/26/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 221

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:08 PM

View PostBreak81, on 08 September 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

View PostJasonic, on 07 September 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

I like the U6. Underrated. I got the tour but it is a touch hard so would suggest the soft
  I haven't tried the soft but I agree the regular is a bit firm.  I like the Srixon XV as my gamer so firm is ok.

The u/6 has above average greenside spin too!!  Great bang for buck ball!

would you say the u/6 or the u/6 soft is close to the ksig? I haven't played any of my ksigs in so long for fear of losing them that I don't recall! lol
Nike Vapor Flex 440 driver 12.5* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly 3 wood 15* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly 3 hybrid 20* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4-AW DG Pro S300
Nike Engage 54* SS and 58* DS
Nike Method Matter m4-12
Nike Air Hybrid II Bag

back up/other bag in progress
Nike Vapor Pro driver 9.5* Diamana Blueboard
Taylormade Burner 2.0 3 wood stock r flex shaft
Taylormade Burner 2.0 3 hybrid stock r flex haft

Nike Vapor Pro 4-PW DG s300
Cleveland cg15 54* and 58*

Nike Method Origin b2-01

26

#10227 Break81

Break81

    Broke80

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263738
  • Joined: 07/13/2013
  • Location:Chino Hills
  • Handicap:9.5
  • Ebay ID:marcbogey
GolfWRX Likes : 310

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:14 PM

View Postjpdx, on 08 September 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

View PostBreak81, on 08 September 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

View PostJasonic, on 07 September 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

I like the U6. Underrated. I got the tour but it is a touch hard so would suggest the soft
  I haven't tried the soft but I agree the regular is a bit firm.  I like the Srixon XV as my gamer so firm is ok.

The u/6 has above average greenside spin too!!  Great bang for buck ball!

would you say the u/6 or the u/6 soft is close to the ksig? I haven't played any of my ksigs in so long for fear of losing them that I don't recall! lol
   Neither is really same feel wise.  I think the U/6 line has more control around the greens and does feel firmer. Off the tee KSIG is better but inside 100 yards I take the u/6 8 days a week. Again I haven't tried the U/6 Soft and if I wasn't already hording 20 dozen balls of different variety I would absolutely grab some at BOGO.
TM M1 - Rouge 60 Stiff
Callaway XR - 4 wood - Rouge w/ RIP tip 60
Callaway BB V-Series 5 wood - Rouge Silver Stiff
Mizuno JPX850 Forger 4-GW - XP115 S300
Titleist 55 F grind / 60 M grind
EVNROLL ER5
Nike RZN Tour Platinum / Snell MTB / Srixon XV / TM TP

27

#10228 jpdx

jpdx

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430484
  • Joined: 06/26/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 221

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:23 PM

View PostBreak81, on 08 September 2017 - 05:14 PM, said:

View Postjpdx, on 08 September 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

View PostBreak81, on 08 September 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

View PostJasonic, on 07 September 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

I like the U6. Underrated. I got the tour but it is a touch hard so would suggest the soft
  I haven't tried the soft but I agree the regular is a bit firm.  I like the Srixon XV as my gamer so firm is ok.

The u/6 has above average greenside spin too!!  Great bang for buck ball!

would you say the u/6 or the u/6 soft is close to the ksig? I haven't played any of my ksigs in so long for fear of losing them that I don't recall! lol
   Neither is really same feel wise.  I think the U/6 line has more control around the greens and does feel firmer. Off the tee KSIG is better but inside 100 yards I take the u/6 8 days a week. Again I haven't tried the U/6 Soft and if I wasn't already hording 20 dozen balls of different variety I would absolutely grab some at BOGO.

thanks for your feed back. I think I have 1 ksig not in a sleeve i'll try out against the u/6 soft and u/6 standard and choose from there.

I'm in the same boat as you though re: dozen's of balls. I would be surprised to count and say I'm at nearly 30dz. don't really need more at this point....should be a few year supply there. lol!
Nike Vapor Flex 440 driver 12.5* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly 3 wood 15* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly 3 hybrid 20* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4-AW DG Pro S300
Nike Engage 54* SS and 58* DS
Nike Method Matter m4-12
Nike Air Hybrid II Bag

back up/other bag in progress
Nike Vapor Pro driver 9.5* Diamana Blueboard
Taylormade Burner 2.0 3 wood stock r flex shaft
Taylormade Burner 2.0 3 hybrid stock r flex haft

Nike Vapor Pro 4-PW DG s300
Cleveland cg15 54* and 58*

Nike Method Origin b2-01

28

#10229 clubber

clubber

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47564
  • Joined: 01/30/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:44 AM

Have a question for those who love ksig. I understand that some feel all urethane balls are the same. They are probably similar. But....I have begun trying to prepare for when I run out assuming no more appear for whatever reason....my question for those that have played the ball a lot is have you found anything most like the ksig...

in the past weeks I have tried Zstar and xv...snell (which I played for 1.5 years...).  They are all good. But not the same. Seems for me that they launch higher and spin less with short irons...similar but....I am a 4 and not on tour so any would be good...but wonder if anyone has experience comparing the Bridgestone balls or something else out there they felt were very similar...I wonder if the difference I perceive has to do maybe with four piece vs three piece feel but am honestly just interested in finding the ball to replace ksig assuming the original is now dead...several boxes to go but am getting mentally prepared sadly..

Would be most interested in balls well below the fifty dollar mark as I just can't justify that with so many similar options cheaper. Hoping snell rumors of the four piece are true but at this point am leaning back to snell.

29

#10230 gioreeko

gioreeko

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122138
  • Joined: 02/12/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:06 PM

View Postclubber, on 09 September 2017 - 08:44 AM, said:

Have a question for those who love ksig. I understand that some feel all urethane balls are the same. They are probably similar. But....I have begun trying to prepare for when I run out assuming no more appear for whatever reason....my question for those that have played the ball a lot is have you found anything most like the ksig...

in the past weeks I have tried Zstar and xv...snell (which I played for 1.5 years...).  They are all good. But not the same. Seems for me that they launch higher and spin less with short irons...similar but....I am a 4 and not on tour so any would be good...but wonder if anyone has experience comparing the Bridgestone balls or something else out there they felt were very similar...I wonder if the difference I perceive has to do maybe with four piece vs three piece feel but am honestly just interested in finding the ball to replace ksig assuming the original is now dead...several boxes to go but am getting mentally prepared sadly..

Would be most interested in balls well below the fifty dollar mark as I just can't justify that with so many similar options cheaper. Hoping snell rumors of the four piece are true but at this point am leaning back to snell.

I was playing the BB330S for awhile, the Kirkland's have a similar feel, maybe just a tad longer and less spinny, but not by much.

Driver: Taylor Made M1
3 wood: Taylor made 12 degree mini driver TP
19 degree hybrid: Taylor Made
4-GW: Maltby KE4+ tour
Maltby SW 56 degree
Odyssey Versa Tank Putter
Kirkland Tour ball

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors