Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 34 votes

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Kirkland ksig Is it the end of an era??

11265 replies to this topic

#1 Swoff57

Swoff57

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144917
  • Joined: 11/01/2011
  • Location:Washougal, WA
  • Handicap:10.0
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:54 PM

So, I was on the golf course today and got paired up with a high level Costco Staffer.  He was a really nice guy and I noticed he was playing a ball I never seen before. So on the 10th green I asked what ball he was playing. He told me it was a kirkland Signature ball. He went on to tell me that Costco will start selling the ball this October.

The ball itself will be made in Korea and is a 4 piece urethane ball. The cost will be $29.99 for 24.  Seems like a pretty good deal. The ball seemed to check up well for him and had good flight characteristics. He was a long hitter and was consistently around 285ish.

Anyone else hear anything about this?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 jtj74

jtj74

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121862
  • Joined: 02/07/2011
  • Location:Salt Lake,UT
GolfWRX Likes : 185

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:44 PM

View PostSwoff57, on 21 August 2016 - 08:54 PM, said:

So, I was on the golf course today and got paired up with a high level Costco Staffer.  He was a really nice guy and I noticed he was playing a ball I never seen before. So on the 10th green I asked what ball he was playing. He told me it was a kirkland Signature ball. He went on to tell me that Costco will start selling the ball this October.

The ball itself will be made in Korea and is a 4 piece urethane ball. The cost will be $29.99 for 24.  Seems like a pretty good deal. The ball seemed to check up well for him and had good flight characteristics. He was a long hitter and was consistently around 285ish.

Anyone else hear anything about this?

I don't know anything about that ball but it sounds intriguing for sure. I just stopped by to say GO UTES!

2

#3 SoCalTitleist

SoCalTitleist

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64113
  • Joined: 08/25/2008
  • Location:Lake Elsinore Southern California
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 711

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:47 PM

Wow that can be a game changer, 30$ for 2 dz mid to high end balls .



3

#4 acy274

acy274

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 432734
  • Joined: 07/15/2016
  • Location:California
GolfWRX Likes : 566

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:22 PM

View PostSoCalTitleist, on 21 August 2016 - 09:47 PM, said:

Wow that can be a game changer, 30$ for 2 dz mid to high end balls .

The Maxfli U/3 & U/6, plus Top Flite Gamer Tour have been at $15/dozen for a while now...

4

#5 Hateto3Putt

Hateto3Putt

    Smoking Makes You Look Cool!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17461
  • Joined: 08/04/2006
  • Location:Pittsburgh
GolfWRX Likes : 3402

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:53 AM

My friends bust my nuts because I own a Costco everything!

I can't wait to pull out a Costco golf ball!

One thing nice about Costco, if you don't like them, return it, full refund, no questions asked.

Remember the Kirkland golf gloves?

OK glove, but made my hand smell like a foot.

Posted Image


5

#6 3_Putt_Par

3_Putt_Par

    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 356899
  • Joined: 01/07/2015
  • Location:Somewhere out West.
GolfWRX Likes : 338

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:27 AM

Probably made by Volvik for Costco if they're coming from Korea, since that's the main ball manufacturer in that country.
9.0* Ping G30 w/ NS PRO Regio Formula MB 65x
14.5*   PRGR EGG HD w/ P9003x
19*   Sonartec MD w/ Tour Issue Irod 105
24*   Honma TW-U w/ Vizard IB 105 x
5-PW  Callaway Legacy Black (2011) w/ Modus3 125x
52/08  OnOff 2015 Forged w/ Modus3 125s
60/08  (bent to 58*) Fourteen RM 21 w/ Modus3 125 Wedge

6

#7 theedge27

theedge27

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396546
  • Joined: 09/19/2015
  • Location:Pittsburgh
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:20 AM

I'll try them because I'm a golf ball ho. Glad they are coming in October, perfect for PA golf....

7

#8 Swoff57

Swoff57

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144917
  • Joined: 11/01/2011
  • Location:Washougal, WA
  • Handicap:10.0
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 22 August 2016 - 12:02 PM

View Postjtj74, on 21 August 2016 - 09:44 PM, said:

View PostSwoff57, on 21 August 2016 - 08:54 PM, said:

So, I was on the golf course today and got paired up with a high level Costco Staffer.  He was a really nice guy and I noticed he was playing a ball I never seen before. So on the 10th green I asked what ball he was playing. He told me it was a kirkland Signature ball. He went on to tell me that Costco will start selling the ball this October.

The ball itself will be made in Korea and is a 4 piece urethane ball. The cost will be $29.99 for 24.  Seems like a pretty good deal. The ball seemed to check up well for him and had good flight characteristics. He was a long hitter and was consistently around 285ish.

Anyone else hear anything about this?

I don't know anything about that ball but it sounds intriguing for sure. I just stopped by to say GO UTES!

Go Utes!

8

#9 Swoff57

Swoff57

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144917
  • Joined: 11/01/2011
  • Location:Washougal, WA
  • Handicap:10.0
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 22 August 2016 - 12:04 PM

View Post3_Putt_Par, on 22 August 2016 - 08:27 AM, said:

Probably made by Volvik for Costco if they're coming from Korea, since that's the main ball manufacturer in that country.

He said he did know.  I have never played a Volvik ball are they any good? I know the ball he was playing is seemed to play well and worked for him.

9

#10 3_Putt_Par

3_Putt_Par

    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 356899
  • Joined: 01/07/2015
  • Location:Somewhere out West.
GolfWRX Likes : 338

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:49 AM

Volvik is known for their two piece brightly colored balls, but do have 3 and 4 piece urethane balls in their lineup.  Can't say if they are any good or not because I have never played one.  For the price, would be worth a go especially given Costco's return policy.

9.0* Ping G30 w/ NS PRO Regio Formula MB 65x
14.5*   PRGR EGG HD w/ P9003x
19*   Sonartec MD w/ Tour Issue Irod 105
24*   Honma TW-U w/ Vizard IB 105 x
5-PW  Callaway Legacy Black (2011) w/ Modus3 125x
52/08  OnOff 2015 Forged w/ Modus3 125s
60/08  (bent to 58*) Fourteen RM 21 w/ Modus3 125 Wedge

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 J_Birdie

J_Birdie

    LOFT Issue

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 386108
  • Joined: 07/15/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 620

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:17 PM

Damn this could be good
What's in my bag:
Cobra King LTD w/ Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5 62g  44.5"
Cobra Fly-Z+ 3W w/ Aldila Tour Blue 75g X-flex  42.5"
Cobra King F6 Baffler 5W Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 75g 42"
Srixon Z565 3i Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 85g +1" 2* Up
Srixon Z765 4-AW Project X 6.0 +.5" 1* Up
Cleveland RTX3 2-Dot 54* (bent to 55*) & 60*  Project X 7.0 +.5" 1* Up
Odyssey O-Works V-Line Fang crank with Superstroke GT 2.0 Pistol Grip

11

#12 Lefty431

Lefty431

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76490
  • Joined: 03/02/2009
  • Location:Tn
GolfWRX Likes : 139

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:24 PM

I'd be game to try a dozen!!  But at Costco, everything is bulk so I guarantee they'll be packaged as double dozen!!

12

#13 Gnomesteel

Gnomesteel

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 302171
  • Joined: 03/17/2014
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:1.3
GolfWRX Likes : 366

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:47 AM

Woah! Can't wait to try these out. I love Costco and if the ball is 90% as good as a ProV I'll play it.

13

#14 Pedowd

Pedowd

    El Mero Golfero

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 407570
  • Joined: 01/04/2016
  • Location:Katy, tx
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:38 PM

View Postacy274, on 21 August 2016 - 10:22 PM, said:

View PostSoCalTitleist, on 21 August 2016 - 09:47 PM, said:

Wow that can be a game changer, 30$ for 2 dz mid to high end balls .

The Maxfli U/3 & U/6, plus Top Flite Gamer Tour have been at $15/dozen for a while now...

Strata tour advanced is a great 3 piece ball for the money. I just got 6 dozen for 36$. Pretty sure they're made by callaway.

14

#15 dingusflingers

dingusflingers

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430852
  • Joined: 06/28/2016
  • Location:North USA
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:44 PM

Volvik urethane balls are very nice.  I'd get a membership to Costco if these things were sourced by Volvik.

Titleist 915D 8.5
Titleist 913F 15
Wilson Staff V4 3i Utility
Wilson Staff V4 4-GW
Vokey SM6 56
Scotty Cameron Studio Design 5
Volvik S3

15

#16 GWD

GWD

    garywdixon

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 277089
  • Joined: 09/21/2013
  • Location:Northern California
  • Ebay ID:Dixon_Farms
GolfWRX Likes : 911

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:34 PM

Boy, a Google search turns up nothing about these balls except for the thread here on WRX.

Hope there is a yellow option. Probably not based on previous golf ball offerings from Costco.
> Callaway GBB driver (set D, -1, 9.5°) w/Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50, R-flex, 45.5"
> GBB 5 wood w/Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50, R-flex (set D, -1, 17°), 42.5"
> XR 7 wood (21°), 9 wood (23°) w/OEM Project X LZ, R-flex
> Callaway XR 4-LW w/ Recoil 660, F3, +.5", 2° up
> Golf Pride CP2 Wrap grips (blue)
> Odyssey White Ice Mini-T putter 35"
> Pinnacle Gold or Wilson 50 Elite

16

#17 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 20,800 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
  • Location:A golf course in the Chicago area.
  • Handicap:10.0
GolfWRX Likes : 19826

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:54 PM

Gotta love a place where you can get a 4 ton floor jack and 30 pounds of turkey tenders.

17

#18 grm24

grm24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
  • Location:Western PA
GolfWRX Likes : 1014

Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:53 PM

View PostPedowd, on 26 August 2016 - 12:38 PM, said:

View Postacy274, on 21 August 2016 - 10:22 PM, said:

View PostSoCalTitleist, on 21 August 2016 - 09:47 PM, said:

Wow that can be a game changer, 30$ for 2 dz mid to high end balls .

The Maxfli U/3 & U/6, plus Top Flite Gamer Tour have been at $15/dozen for a while now...

Strata tour advanced is a great 3 piece ball for the money. I just got 6 dozen for 36$. Pretty sure they're made by callaway.
They are made by Callaway but they aren't a urethane covered ball as are the Maxfli U/3, U/6 and TF Gamer Tour.

18

#19 Pedowd

Pedowd

    El Mero Golfero

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 407570
  • Joined: 01/04/2016
  • Location:Katy, tx
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:21 PM

View Postgrm24, on 26 August 2016 - 04:53 PM, said:

View PostPedowd, on 26 August 2016 - 12:38 PM, said:

View Postacy274, on 21 August 2016 - 10:22 PM, said:

View PostSoCalTitleist, on 21 August 2016 - 09:47 PM, said:

Wow that can be a game changer, 30$ for 2 dz mid to high end balls .

The Maxfli U/3 & U/6, plus Top Flite Gamer Tour have been at $15/dozen for a while now...

Strata tour advanced is a great 3 piece ball for the money. I just got 6 dozen for 36$. Pretty sure they're made by callaway.
They are made by Callaway but they aren't a urethane covered ball as are the Maxfli U/3, U/6 and TF Gamer Tour.
What's the difference between urethane and the other cover?

19

#20 _Stormin_

_Stormin_

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 382628
  • Joined: 06/25/2015
  • Location:Hampton Roads
  • Handicap:19.2
GolfWRX Likes : 141

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:37 PM

Urethane is a lot softer, allowing one to shape their shots more using spin. and work the ball around the green with more precision.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 larciel

larciel

    I play for eagle

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 228091
  • Joined: 02/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 230

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:26 PM

$30/2dozen? I bet the price will go up to $35 in no time. This is a nice deal. Volvik makes a really nice ball. Also remember, Acushnet is owned by a Korean company so maybe they're making a ball similar to prov in Korea??!!?. that'd be a killer.

21

#22 Ohlinkster

Ohlinkster

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104370
  • Joined: 03/06/2010
  • Ebay ID:redsbuyer
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:38 AM

Definitely worth a try!

22

#23 cristphoto

cristphoto

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42981
  • Joined: 11/30/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 546

Posted 27 August 2016 - 09:05 AM

So for all the guys on this forum that are into brand matching you can have a Kirkland shirt, socks, underwear, and ball.

23

#24 Llortamaisey

Llortamaisey

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,221 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11574
  • Joined: 02/09/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 1887

Posted 27 August 2016 - 09:13 AM

I wish they still took Amex.

24

#25 smellysell

smellysell

    North Butte ♥ KSig

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 173830
  • Joined: 04/08/2012
  • Location:Helena, MT
GolfWRX Likes : 178

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:49 AM

I'll give them a try for sure


25

#26 SoCalTitleist

SoCalTitleist

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64113
  • Joined: 08/25/2008
  • Location:Lake Elsinore Southern California
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 711

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:56 AM

View Postcristphoto, on 27 August 2016 - 09:05 AM, said:

So for all the guys on this forum that are into brand matching you can have a Kirkland shirt, socks, underwear, and ball.


Nah they have plenty of nice Greg Norman polos and shorts.

26

#27 gioreeko

gioreeko

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122138
  • Joined: 02/12/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 93

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:01 AM

View Postlarciel, on 26 August 2016 - 08:26 PM, said:

$30/2dozen? I bet the price will go up to $35 in no time. This is a nice deal. Volvik makes a really nice ball. Also remember, Acushnet is owned by a Korean company so maybe they're making a ball similar to prov in Korea??!!?. that'd be a killer.
I believe he said 30 for 2 dozen. Great deal for a urethane ball
Driver: Taylor Made M1
3 wood: Taylor made 12 degree mini driver TP
3 Iron Mizuno Fli hi
4-6: Mizuno mp18 MMC
7-PW: Mizuno MP 18 SC
Mizuno TP5 50, 56 degree
Odyssey Versa Tank Putter
Kirkland Tour ball

27

#28 RSinSG

RSinSG

    What, Me Worry?

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,231 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 300931
  • Joined: 03/10/2014
  • Location:St George, UT (Formerly Palm Springs, CA)
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:RSinPS
GolfWRX Likes : 1521

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:18 AM

Cougs v Utes @ Rice Eccles Sept 10. Go Cougs!
Ping G400 Tour AD DI6s
Ping G30 3 wood
Ben Hogan VTKR 17* and 21* hybrid
Ping G30 Irons 5-SW
Ping Glide 58* LW
Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or) Scotty Cameron Fastback
Gamegolf
https://www.ledges.com/ Home course

28

#29 Shi Guy

Shi Guy

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 418762
  • Joined: 04/02/2016
  • Location:Seattle, WA
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:57 AM

Great, my grocery shopping trips just became more expensive.  Now to figure out how to hide the box of golf balls at the bottom of the cart without my wife noticing them each trip... ;)

29

#30 MAndrews

MAndrews

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20571
  • Joined: 10/14/2006
  • Location:Red Oak, TX
  • Handicap:xx
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 28 August 2016 - 03:31 PM

View PostShi Guy, on 28 August 2016 - 11:57 AM, said:

Great, my grocery shopping trips just became more expensive.  Now to figure out how to hide the box of golf balls at the bottom of the cart without my wife noticing them each trip... ;)

That 4 ton floor jack and 30 pounds of turkey tenders would make good camouflage :haha:

WITB

Callaway XR16 10.5
Callaway XR16 4W
Callaway XR16 7W
Callaway XR OS 4H
Callaway Apex CF16 5-PW
Callaway MD3 50S, 54S, 58S
SC Newport 3
Callaway Supersoft

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



6 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users


    scotee, Baitkiller

GolfWRX Sponsors