Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 36 votes

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS) - (Update 4/3/18) Back In Stock

Kirkland ksig Is it the end of an era?? Ksig golfballs costco

13471 replies to this topic

#13201 flushem

flushem

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39708
  • Handicap:14.2
GolfWRX Likes : 274

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:15 PM

North Butte, on 14 August 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

zebra2955, on 14 August 2018 - 03:08 PM, said:

Finally had the time to actually play the K3 along side a ProV1 . Had the little 10 hole course quiet this morning.  Really did not see much difference between the two. Both stopped the same with wedges, distance was close to each other.. Putting was great for both. I really like the way both feel of the putter. I felt that if both balls had no markings on them I could not tell which was which.

Big difference  ProV1 $48 a dozen  K3 $14.50 a dozen

Just ordered 2 dozen MG C4's  . When I get a chance after delivery I will try to do a comparison with those as well.

Try it some time in a 10-15mph breeze.

with such price advantage, people would rather adapt to new balls.

WWG1 WGA

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#13202 radiman

radiman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56856
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 997

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:16 PM

Finally had the time to actually play the K3 along side a ProV1 . Had the little 10 hole course quiet this morning.  Really did not see much difference between the two. Both stopped the same with wedges, distance was close to each other.. Putting was great for both. I really like the way both feel of the putter. I felt that if both balls had no markings on them I could not tell which was which.

Just ordered 2 dozen MG C4's  . When I get a chance after delivery I will try to do a comparison with those as well.

If you decide you won't play in the wind around here, you wouldn't be playing much golf.  I didn't find the K3 to be all that bad into the breeze.  Maybe a handful of yards?  The shorter the club, the more it seemed to affect me.  But, pretty reliable in the air once you plan for it.  Once it hit the ground though. Especially into the wind, that thing will suck back like you wouldn't believe.
Ping G400 LST 8.5 HZRDUS Yellow 76 6.5
Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag

#13203 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
GolfWRX Likes : 6969

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:16 PM

flushem, on 14 August 2018 - 03:15 PM, said:

Yeah, there are certainly people who will go cheap no matter what.

But if price is the only thing that matters, shouldn't your review just have said "$14.50 a dozen" and left it at that?

Edited by North Butte, 14 August 2018 - 03:17 PM.

Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

#13204 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:24 PM

radiman, on 14 August 2018 - 03:16 PM, said:

If you decide you won't play in the wind around here, you wouldn't be playing much golf.  I didn't find the K3 to be all that bad into the breeze.  Maybe a handful of yards?  The shorter the club, the more it seemed to affect me.  But, pretty reliable in the air once you plan for it.  Once it hit the ground though. Especially into the wind, that thing will suck back like you wouldn't believe.

Your mileage and mine seem to have varied. I found it very much affected by any wind at all, on full swing short irons and wedges. Along with the suck-back thing.

My clubhead speed and spin production is so low it's actually quite rare for a ball to balloon into a breeze or suck back enough to matter. Which is why I remark upon the (seems to me) extreme spin of the K3. Here's a list of balls which I've tried and had no issue whatsoever with excess spin:

K-Sig (original 4pc)
ProV1x (any recent version)
ProV1 (any recent version)
AVX
B330 (2014)
TP5 (current version)
Chrome Soft (original version)
TM Lethal
Srixon Z-Star (older model)
Srixon Z-Star XV (older model)

Two others I've tried seem to do the suck-back thing although not necessarily balooning on upwind short irons:

B330S (2014)
Snell MTB Red

But the K3 is by the spin-monster of the bunch. For me.
Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

#13205 radiman

radiman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:26 PM

North Butte, on 14 August 2018 - 03:16 PM, said:

flushem, on 14 August 2018 - 03:15 PM, said:

Yeah, there are certainly people who will go cheap no matter what.

But if price is the only thing that matters, shouldn't your review just have said "$14.50 a dozen" and left it at that?

I don't think there is enough performance differences to necessarily warrant $24 per dozen more.  I also don't think this is necessarily the same type of ball as a ProV1 though either.  Maybe a Q Star or Project A would be a better comparison?  But, I haven't tried those either.  This is a great ball for a slower swinging player who could use some additional spin around the green.

Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64

#13206 radiman

radiman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:30 PM

North Butte, on 14 August 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

Your mileage and mine seem to have varied. I found it very much affected by any wind at all, on full swing short irons and wedges. Along with the suck-back thing.

My clubhead speed and spin production is so low it's actually quite rare for a ball to balloon into a breeze or suck back enough to matter. Which is why I remark upon the (seems to me) extreme spin of the K3. Here's a list of balls which I've tried and had no issue whatsoever with excess spin:

K-Sig (original 4pc)
AVX
B330 (2014)
TP5 (current version)
TM Lethal

Two others I've tried seem to do the suck-back thing although not necessarily balooning on upwind short irons:

B330S (2014)
Snell MTB Red

I can notice it spinning back a lot more and maybe a little higher launch off of the shorter clubs.  Any other flight differences have been slight enough that I wouldn't be able to say whether or not it was the ball, or my swing was a little different.
Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64

#13207 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:32 PM

I'm saying this with no knowledge of the inner workings, just an observation. It plays like a lot of urethane "Tour" balls from a decade or so ago. There were a couple of early Callaway models (names like Tour iZ and iS or similar?) that it reminded me of.

Working off those ancient memories I'm not sure the K-3 is quite as spinny as which of those were the super-super-high-spin one. But sort of in the same ballpark, it's what I was reminded of. I remembering having brand-new "JAWS" wedges and using those Callaway balls, I swear I could suck a 15-yard chip shot back off the green!

#13208 flushem

flushem

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:46 PM

North Butte, on 14 August 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

I'm saying this with no knowledge of the inner workings, just an observation. It plays like a lot of urethane "Tour" balls from a decade or so ago. There were a couple of early Callaway models (names like Tour iZ and iS or similar?) that it reminded me of.

Working off those ancient memories I'm not sure the K-3 is quite as spinny as which of those were the super-super-high-spin one. But sort of in the same ballpark, it's what I was reminded of. I remembering having brand-new "JAWS" wedges and using those Callaway balls, I swear I could suck a 15-yard chip shot back off the green!

For me, it reminds of old Nike tour ball.
WWG1 WGA

#13209 radiman

radiman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:49 PM

North Butte, on 14 August 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

Ha, I had one of the Jaws wedges.  I remember having to pick out pieces of golf ball cover from the grooves between shots.
Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64

#13210 flushem

flushem

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:26 PM

K-Sig (original 4pc)
AVX
B330 (2014)
TP5 (current version)
TM Lethal

B330S (2014)
Snell MTB Red

From my experience, MTB Red tops K3.  I could go after flags so aggressively with MTB Red instead of factoring roll.

WWG1 WGA

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#13211 TsarBomba

TsarBomba

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 451602
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 422

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:35 PM

K-Sig (original 4pc)
AVX
B330 (2014)
TP5 (current version)
TM Lethal

B330S (2014)
Snell MTB Red

The way the AVX helps you and the K3 hurts being such high extremes..maybe you are more of a high spin player than you realize?

#13212 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:42 PM

TsarBomba, on 14 August 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

K-Sig (original 4pc)
AVX
B330 (2014)
TP5 (current version)
TM Lethal

B330S (2014)
Snell MTB Red

The way the AVX helps you and the K3 hurts being such high extremes..maybe you are more of a high spin player than you realize?

I am starting to wonder about that, if I’m honest.

After thinking of myself as being “low speed, low trajectory, no spin” for 20+ years I guess I just take it for granted. But back then I did well to break 100 regularly and now I can flirt with the 80 line once in a while so something must have changed.

Maybe there’s something to these modern clubs and shafts after all...

#13213 zebra2955

zebra2955

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 237961
  • Ebay ID:golfingzebra
GolfWRX Likes : 154

Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:05 PM

Who said it wasn't windy.

I have always liked the ProV1, just could never bring myself to pay that much for a golf ball.
Like others have said, it is a good ball at a great price.

Also never been one to play a  urethane ball, but as my game has improved it is time to switch to one.

Edited by zebra2955, 14 August 2018 - 07:08 PM.

Cobra F7

Cobra F6 fairway woods

Cobra F6 hybrids, 3-4 and 4-5

Cobra F6 irons 6i -PW, GW

Harry Taylor 54* and 58* wedges

Odyssey "O" Works 2 ball, Super Stroke mid slim 2.0 grip

What ever ball Costco has LOL

#13214 Twism86

Twism86

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500570
GolfWRX Likes : 148

Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:06 AM

Played a Kirkland ball I found yesterday for most of a round before it found a pond. It was a "Performance +"  Is this the K3? I really liked the feel and it did what I wanted when I hit it well. Not a Costco member but I might have to track down some more.
TM AeroBurner 9.5*
TM SpeedBlades 4-PW
Odyssey White Hot RX #1
A bunch of random wedges

#13215 Yanki01

Yanki01

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,482 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58157
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 2580

Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:07 AM

Twism86, on 16 August 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

Played a Kirkland ball I found yesterday for most of a round before it found a pond. It was a "Performance +"  Is this the K3? I really liked the feel and it did what I wanted when I hit it well. Not a Costco member but I might have to track down some more.

yes that's the K3.

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S Nippon WV115
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G

WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec

#13216 Twism86

Twism86

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:08 AM

Yanki01, on 16 August 2018 - 09:07 AM, said:

yes that's the K3.
Thanks! Well im off to add more balls to my collection... Played just like CS and V1s and sucks way less to lose them!
TM AeroBurner 9.5*
TM SpeedBlades 4-PW
Odyssey White Hot RX #1
A bunch of random wedges

#13217 Yanki01

Yanki01

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,482 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58157
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 2580

Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:12 AM

Twism86, on 16 August 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

yes that's the K3.
Thanks! Well im off to add more balls to my collection... Played just like CS and V1s and sucks way less to lose them!

the 3 piece are available online. you just need someone with a membership to purchase them for you. to me that ball was OK compared to the K4 which was far superior overall.
915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S Nippon WV115
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G

WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec

#13218 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:21 AM

Yanki01, on 16 August 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

Twism86, on 16 August 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

yes that's the K3.

the 3 piece are available online. you just need someone with a membership to purchase them for you. to me that ball was OK compared to the K4 which was far superior overall.

K3 is probably better than any other options you're likely to have for about a dollar a ball (absent once-in-a-decade TM Lethal blowouts and such). The exception would be if you struggle with too much spin even with balls like K-Sig or ProV1. In that case it's probably not a good deal even if it were free. But for 99% of golfers it's fantastic compared to what else you could buy for that price, brand new.

#13219 gioreeko

gioreeko

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122138
GolfWRX Likes : 196

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:55 PM

Played the K3 yesterday, there was a little wind so I wanted to see how it played in the wind.  No ballooning for me, and I'm still amazed at how long the ball is. My stepson plays ProV1's, and he averages around 310 off the tee, with some bombs going 350 or so when he goes after it.  He's only 25 and played baseball in college, and crushes the ball.  I piped a few that were literally 2 to 3 yards short of his.  The 3 piece bites and holds the greens, very little backup for me. Reached a 510 yard uphill par 5 in two, lipped out the eagle putt.  Love the 3 piece, the only difference seems to be the backspin that the 4 piece gives me.
Driver: Taylor Made M1
3 wood: Taylor made 12 degree mini driver TP
3 Iron Mizuno Fli hi
4-6: Mizuno mp18 MMC
7-PW: Mizuno MP 18 SC
Mizuno TP5 50, 56 degree
Odyssey Versa Tank Putter
Kirkland Tour ball

#13220 Twism86

Twism86

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2018 - 02:51 PM

Just ordered 4 dozen K3s through a coworker, which shipping they came in at just over $15 a dozen. Hard to beat that and I enjoyed playing the one I had last week.

Now the question is do I hit through (and lose) the approximately 30 Pro V1s and Chrome Softs I have or make the switch and play the K3 and maybe by the time im done with those I will be a little better and my CS and V1 stock will last me a little longer? That K3 was just playing so well off the tee for me!

TM AeroBurner 9.5*
TM SpeedBlades 4-PW
Odyssey White Hot RX #1
A bunch of random wedges

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#13221 Baitkiller

Baitkiller

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 359765
  • Handicap:Yes
GolfWRX Likes : 1084

Posted 21 August 2018 - 07:06 PM

Door #2
Turn over damnit!
Krank 9*  Formula 5 UST Tour
Adams 15* wasabi
XXIO pro 5
Adams Pro Gold Forged 3-46* / Steelfibers
Vanilla wedges 53 and 58*
Betti-1
K-sig

#13222 HighTopFade

HighTopFade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27083
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 21 August 2018 - 10:13 PM

Found a K3 and played 18 holes with it. Performs and feels similar to a Bridgestone B330RX. Good deal at $1.32 (with tax and shipping) a ball.
What's In My Ping Hoofer?
TaylorMade R15 TP 9.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana B60
TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 Tour 13/16.5/18.5 Rocket Fuel 70
2013 Ping Anser 4-PW PXi 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM 52/58
Titleist Scotty Cameron Inspired By David Duval
Kirkland Signature Performance +

#13223 Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482578
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 22 August 2018 - 01:46 PM

gioreeko, on 20 August 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

Reached a 510 yard uphill par 5 in two, lipped out the eagle putt.

So, you're saying that you don't like it on the green, right?  ;)

#13224 vietnameeh

vietnameeh

HIT BALL FAR NOT BALL STRAIGHT

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93431
  • Handicap:36.4
  • Ebay ID:vietnameeh
GolfWRX Likes : 265

Posted 22 August 2018 - 02:06 PM

Bill Broderick, on 22 August 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

too much spin off the putter in a headwind
Cobra LTD PRO 7.5F* UST Mamiya Attas Proto 7x
Callaway XR16 Pro 14* Graphite Design PM902X
Taylormade M3 17* Fujikura 869 Speeder Tour Spec X
2012 TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC 4-PW X100
Wilson FG Tour TC 52,56,60
Ping TR 1966 Anser 2

#13225 gioreeko

gioreeko

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122138
GolfWRX Likes : 196

Posted 22 August 2018 - 04:15 PM

vietnameeh, on 22 August 2018 - 02:06 PM, said:

A Titleist for sure would've dropped :taunt:

Driver: Taylor Made M1
3 wood: Taylor made 12 degree mini driver TP
3 Iron Mizuno Fli hi
4-6: Mizuno mp18 MMC
7-PW: Mizuno MP 18 SC
Mizuno TP5 50, 56 degree
Odyssey Versa Tank Putter
Kirkland Tour ball

#13226 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2018 - 05:02 PM

gioreeko, on 22 August 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

vietnameeh, on 22 August 2018 - 02:06 PM, said:

A Titleist for sure would've dropped :taunt:

Yeah but a few eagle ain’t worth $50 a dozen...ha ha, just kidding. I’d pay $50 for one eagle any time.

#13227 dsotm

dsotm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 510748
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:29 PM

Do they sell these in store anywhere? Two stores nearest me onky seem to have the Callaway Superhot in stock.

#13228 theboypinoy

theboypinoy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128768
GolfWRX Likes : 394

Posted 22 August 2018 - 10:31 PM

dsotm, on 22 August 2018 - 09:29 PM, said:

Do they sell these in store anywhere? Two stores nearest me onky seem to have the Callaway Superhot in stock.

Seems like the warehouses that have just opened have them in stock for the grand opening.

Other than that, mostly online for the most part.

#13229 phil75070

phil75070

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1580
  • Handicap:3.6
GolfWRX Likes : 167

Posted 23 August 2018 - 05:42 AM

theboypinoy, on 22 August 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:

Seems like the warehouses that have just opened have them in stock for the grand opening.

Other than that, mostly online for the most part.

Was just in the new (opened 7/25) Costco in McKinney, TX, yesterday and they had a pallet full of the K3 in the warehouse. So that may very well be the case.
Driver - Callaway Epic 10.5° w HZRDUS T800 R Flex set at N/S
4W - Callaway XR 16
5W - Callaway X2Hot
4H - Callaway XHot
5I-AW - Callaway Apex CF16 with Recoil F3 Shafts
SW - Callaway MD3 54°
LW - Callaway SureOut 58°
Putter - Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank
Ball - Callaway CS/CSX or Snell MTB (2017)

#13230 monks66

monks66

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465294
GolfWRX Likes : 137

Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:01 AM

where art thou k4's!  i check all the time to see if they are back online

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors