Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 36 votes

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS) - (Update 4/3/18) Back In Stock

Kirkland ksig Is it the end of an era?? Ksig golfballs costco

13531 replies to this topic

#13081 cristphoto

cristphoto

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42981
  • Joined: 11/30/2007
  • Location:DC Metro
GolfWRX Likes : 676

Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:29 PM

View Postchiro1100, on 10 July 2018 - 08:59 PM, said:

View Postcristphoto, on 10 July 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

Does anyone know the compression of the 4-piece Kirkland? Thanks.

96.8  overall compression   (golfballtest.org)

Thanks.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#13082 Tingting

Tingting

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1596
  • Joined: 06/12/2005
  • Location:so cal
GolfWRX Likes : 205

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:56 PM

Ive tolerated them running out of Kirkland balls on numerous occasions.  But there is no way Ill tolerate them getting rid of the hot dogs

2

#13083 adam667220

adam667220

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 373857
  • Joined: 04/29/2015
  • Location:Kansas City
GolfWRX Likes : 678

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:02 AM

I know it's sacrilege for this thread but tonight I found a dozen original kSigs I didn't even know I had (along with a couple sleeves of PV1X. Playing 18 or 36 on Thursday. May have to take them out for a proper goodbye.
BC+ Driver 10.5°
BC+ 5 wood 16°
Adam Idea Super XTD hybrid 21°
Callaway X2 Hot Irons 5-AW
52°,56°, 60° wedges
Odyssey White Hot Pro 2cs

3

#13084 theboypinoy

theboypinoy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128768
  • Joined: 05/15/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 414

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:30 AM

View PostTingting, on 10 July 2018 - 11:56 PM, said:

Ive tolerated them running out of Kirkland balls on numerous occasions.  But there is no way Ill tolerate them getting rid of the hot dogs

They got rid of Polish Sausages around here; not a big deal, since I go with the normal hot dogs, but...still.

I would love if they brought the bratwursts they have at Costcos in the Midwest :)

4

#13085 GolfiNut

GolfiNut

    GolfiNut

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 293011
  • Joined: 01/22/2014
  • Location:SouthEast
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:40 AM

Thread finally dying...Nice run but all things fade over time.
Short of a new Ksig dump in near future

RIP Ksig Thread


5

#13086 snagy2000

snagy2000

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,340 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9545
  • Joined: 01/10/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 612

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:52 AM

Posted Image

6

#13087 pappaf2

pappaf2

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,301 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99231
  • Joined: 11/26/2009
  • Location:Bay Area, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 1126

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:47 PM

I should have some K3 / Ktrey's sitting on my portch when I get home. I am really curious to give them a try.
We're not here for a long time,
just a good time.

7

#13088 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 23,407 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
  • Location:A golf course in the Chicago area.
GolfWRX Likes : 24714

Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:17 PM

Looks like there are still KTrey's in stock.  Maybe this is going to be THE ball going forward?

P.S. Chef's Cut Beef Jerky is 2 thumbs up...and that's coming from a big jerk(y guy).

8

#13089 flushem

flushem

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39708
  • Joined: 09/21/2007
  • Location:SoQal
  • Handicap:14.2
GolfWRX Likes : 283

Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:20 PM

View Postpappaf2, on 18 July 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

I should have some K3 / Ktrey's sitting on my portch when I get home. I am really curious to give them a try.

Please see if ball quality/performance is consistent from one to another.
WWG1 WGA

9

#13090 Burt Chance

Burt Chance

    I'm just here for the free beer.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 311969
  • Joined: 04/29/2014
  • Location:Birmingham, AL
GolfWRX Likes : 426

Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:27 PM

View Postflushem, on 18 July 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

View Postpappaf2, on 18 July 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

I should have some K3 / Ktrey's sitting on my portch when I get home. I am really curious to give them a try.

Please see if ball quality/performance is consistent from one to another.

I'm having a hard time finding a "definitive" review of the 3-piece. Is there anyone who can point me to some good reviews of the 3-piece ball? (User or publication review).

Thanks.

Nike Vapor Speed TW Driver 10.5 °
TM M2 3W-15°
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 Iron 17°
TaylorMade M1 3 Rescue 19°
TaylorMade RSi TP Forged 4-PW
Nike Engage 50 & 54 ° SS  60° DS
Ping Karsten 1959 Anser 2

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#13091 Break81

Break81

    Broke80

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263738
  • Joined: 07/13/2013
  • Location:Chino Hills
  • Handicap:9.5
  • Ebay ID:marcbogey
GolfWRX Likes : 693

Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:19 PM

View PostBurt Chance, on 18 July 2018 - 04:27 PM, said:

View Postflushem, on 18 July 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

View Postpappaf2, on 18 July 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

I should have some K3 / Ktrey's sitting on my portch when I get home. I am really curious to give them a try.

Please see if ball quality/performance is consistent from one to another.

I'm having a hard time finding a "definitive" review of the 3-piece. Is there anyone who can point me to some good reviews of the 3-piece ball? (User or publication review).

Thanks.
  Some like it to the Chrome Soft, however I thought it was closer to the Q-Star Tour and AVX.

       We are all different so your experience may differ.  Either way its a great value just might not suit your eye.
Cobra F7+ - Stiff
   Cobra F7 - 5/6 set at 17*
  Ping 22 degree Hybrid
Mizuno JPX850 Forger 4-GW - XP115 S300
Callaway Forged 52 degree
Titleist 55 F grind / 60 M grind
EVNROLL ER5
  Chrome Soft Truvis / TF Gamer

11

#13092 lspky_muskie

lspky_muskie

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 443386
  • Joined: 10/13/2016
  • Location:Northern Kentucky
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 257

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:54 PM

K3 is solid, but not spectacular.  

From 60 yards in, you'd never know you were playing a $1 ball.  

Everywhere else, I feel like I'm giving a little something up.  I'm talking what looks like 5 yards off the driver, and a mid iron shot bleeding just a little more than you think it should in the wind.  Maybe it doesn't matter, but it's in my head.

I'

12

#13093 North Butte

North Butte

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
  • Joined: 05/09/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 6973

Posted 19 July 2018 - 06:04 AM

View Postlspky_muskie, on 18 July 2018 - 09:54 PM, said:

K3 is solid, but not spectacular.  

From 60 yards in, you'd never know you were playing a $1 ball.  

Everywhere else, I feel like I'm giving a little something up.  I'm talking what looks like 5 yards off the driver, and a mid iron shot bleeding just a little more than you think it should in the wind.  Maybe it doesn't matter, but it's in my head.

I'

Well said.

Reminded me of a ProV1 circa 2005-2010. Spins a ton off the irons and wedges, great short game control, not as long as some other balls.
Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

13

#13094 radiman

radiman

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,729 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56856
  • Joined: 05/30/2008
  • Location:Moorhead, MN
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1208

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:16 AM

View PostNorth Butte, on 19 July 2018 - 06:04 AM, said:

View Postlspky_muskie, on 18 July 2018 - 09:54 PM, said:

K3 is solid, but not spectacular.  

From 60 yards in, you'd never know you were playing a $1 ball.  

Everywhere else, I feel like I'm giving a little something up.  I'm talking what looks like 5 yards off the driver, and a mid iron shot bleeding just a little more than you think it should in the wind.  Maybe it doesn't matter, but it's in my head.

I'

Well said.

Reminded me of a ProV1 circa 2005-2010. Spins a ton off the irons and wedges, great short game control, not as long as some other balls.

I have been switching back and forth between the KS4, KS3, and Z Stars.  The KS3 by far gives me the most spin off of my wedges.  Where the KS4 and Srixon will hop and come back a few feet, there have been a few instances where the KS3 spun back 15-20 feet.  I haven't seen anything like it.  It is especially frustrating to have your pitch mark a few feet from the hole only to face a 25 foot putt.  Spin is cool and all, and it's neat to see a ball suck back like that.  But, it's just to excessive for me.  It doesn't seem to be consistent either.  

While a fine ball for the money, it just isn't what I am looking for.  I believe it was you that called it a spin monster.  I think that sums it up really well.  I personally do not remember playing a ball that spun as much as the KS3.  I don't know what the #'s are on it as I don't have LM access.  So, I don't know if I am giving up a handful of yards on my drives or anything.  But, after watching the action it gets on the green, I wouldn't be surprised if it was spinning like a top off of the driver as well.

Edited by radiman, 19 July 2018 - 08:21 AM.

Callaway Epic 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag

14

#13095 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 23,407 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
  • Location:A golf course in the Chicago area.
GolfWRX Likes : 24714

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:28 AM

Big fan of the KTrey.  The only time when I've seen excessive spin is on shots into the wind.  Then it does seem to balloon a bit.  Never saw that with the KSig though.


15

#13096 lspky_muskie

lspky_muskie

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 443386
  • Joined: 10/13/2016
  • Location:Northern Kentucky
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 257

Posted 19 July 2018 - 12:06 PM

I hit a half dozen drives on Trackman with the K3 right around the time it came out.  Spin was a touch higher on average  (maybe 150-200RPM) than the Chromesofts we use at my lessons.   Yardage and smash were almost identical.

On the course, Ive just never hit a bomb.  Could easily be user error though.

Edited by lspky_muskie, 19 July 2018 - 12:07 PM.


16

#13097 gioreeko

gioreeko

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122138
  • Joined: 02/12/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 201

Posted 19 July 2018 - 03:26 PM

View Postlspky_muskie, on 19 July 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

I hit a half dozen drives on Trackman with the K3 right around the time it came out.  Spin was a touch higher on average  (maybe 150-200RPM) than the Chromesofts we use at my lessons.   Yardage and smash were almost identical.

On the course, I've just never hit a bomb.  Could easily be user error though.

Could be user error. I play both the 3 piece and the 4 piece, and my best drive of the year was around a 340 yard bomb with the 3 piece.  I've noticed no real difference in distance between the two, but the 4 piece backs up way more on the greens for me. Both are amazing balls, especially when you factor in the price.
Driver: Taylor Made M1
3 wood: Taylor made 12 degree mini driver TP
3 Iron Mizuno Fli hi
4-6: Mizuno mp18 MMC
7-PW: Mizuno MP 18 SC
Mizuno TP5 50, 56 degree
Odyssey Versa Tank Putter
Kirkland Tour ball

17

#13098 North Butte

North Butte

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
  • Joined: 05/09/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 6973

Posted 19 July 2018 - 03:32 PM

Id be willing to bet the launch and spin off the driver are virtually identical between those two balls.  Night and day difference on iron shots though.
Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

18

#13099 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 23,407 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
  • Location:A golf course in the Chicago area.
GolfWRX Likes : 24714

Posted 19 July 2018 - 04:04 PM

View Postgioreeko, on 19 July 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

View Postlspky_muskie, on 19 July 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

I hit a half dozen drives on Trackman with the K3 right around the time it came out.  Spin was a touch higher on average  (maybe 150-200RPM) than the Chromesofts we use at my lessons.   Yardage and smash were almost identical.

On the course, I've just never hit a bomb.  Could easily be user error though.

Could be user error. I play both the 3 piece and the 4 piece, and my best drive of the year was around a 340 yard bomb with the 3 piece.  I've noticed no real difference in distance between the two, but the 4 piece backs up way more on the greens for me. Both are amazing balls, especially when you factor in the price.

It's amazing how the balls respond differently for each player.  I couldn't back up a KSig to save my soul but the 3 piece stops on a dime.

19

#13100 North Butte

North Butte

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
  • Joined: 05/09/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 6973

Posted 19 July 2018 - 04:11 PM

View PostDavePelz4, on 19 July 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

View Postgioreeko, on 19 July 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

View Postlspky_muskie, on 19 July 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

I hit a half dozen drives on Trackman with the K3 right around the time it came out.  Spin was a touch higher on average  (maybe 150-200RPM) than the Chromesofts we use at my lessons.   Yardage and smash were almost identical.

On the course, I've just never hit a bomb.  Could easily be user error though.

Could be user error. I play both the 3 piece and the 4 piece, and my best drive of the year was around a 340 yard bomb with the 3 piece.  I've noticed no real difference in distance between the two, but the 4 piece backs up way more on the greens for me. Both are amazing balls, especially when you factor in the price.

It's amazing how the balls respond differently for each player.  I couldn't back up a KSig to save my soul but the 3 piece stops on a dime.

My impression was identical off the driver, similar but higher K3 spin on long and mid iron but from 8-iron down much more (uncontrollable IMO) spin with K3.

Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#13101 radiman

radiman

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,729 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56856
  • Joined: 05/30/2008
  • Location:Moorhead, MN
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1208

Posted 19 July 2018 - 04:33 PM

View PostNorth Butte, on 19 July 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

View PostDavePelz4, on 19 July 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

View Postgioreeko, on 19 July 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

View Postlspky_muskie, on 19 July 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

I hit a half dozen drives on Trackman with the K3 right around the time it came out.  Spin was a touch higher on average  (maybe 150-200RPM) than the Chromesofts we use at my lessons.   Yardage and smash were almost identical.

On the course, I've just never hit a bomb.  Could easily be user error though.

Could be user error. I play both the 3 piece and the 4 piece, and my best drive of the year was around a 340 yard bomb with the 3 piece.  I've noticed no real difference in distance between the two, but the 4 piece backs up way more on the greens for me. Both are amazing balls, especially when you factor in the price.

It's amazing how the balls respond differently for each player.  I couldn't back up a KSig to save my soul but the 3 piece stops on a dime.

My impression was identical off the driver, similar but higher K3 spin on long and mid iron but from 8-iron down much more (uncontrollable IMO) spin with K3.

Same here I guess.  We all attack the ball differently.  The characteristics of each ball suits different types of swings I guess.  I personally take a healthy divot.  My ball spins and backs up, but doesn't really back up 10+ feet on short shots unless I catch it really clean with little turf interaction.  The KS3 was different.  When I took a divot it spun like mad.  If I caught it clean with little turf interaction it seemed that the ball would be slightly ahead of my divot.
Callaway Epic 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag

21

#13102 pappaf2

pappaf2

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,301 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99231
  • Joined: 11/26/2009
  • Location:Bay Area, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 1126

Posted 19 July 2018 - 04:35 PM

View Postflushem, on 18 July 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

View Postpappaf2, on 18 July 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

I should have some K3 / Ktrey's sitting on my portch when I get home. I am really curious to give them a try.

Please see if ball quality/performance is consistent from one to another.

Will do, going to play tomorrow afternoon.

Been playing 2017 Chrome Soft X for a little bit so I am sure this will be quite a bit different.

Edited by pappaf2, 19 July 2018 - 04:40 PM.

We're not here for a long time,
just a good time.

22

#13103 pappaf2

pappaf2

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,301 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99231
  • Joined: 11/26/2009
  • Location:Bay Area, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 1126

Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:08 PM

Got a chance to play a round with the K3.
Full disclosure, I haven't been striking the ball all that great leading up to this round.

I played on a fairly windy and warm afternoon.

Driving: I hit some really good drives and some ok drives (swing issue) I did not see any loss of distance with this ball. If anything I actually hit some drives further than average for me. The ball flew pretty high, certainly higher than the Chrome soft X I have been playing for a while. The ball was effected by the wind but it was hard to tell how much more another ball would have been effected.

Irons: I didn't have a great day with the irons but all in all the ball seemed to perform well. As mentioned before the ball flies high. That in itself probably makes it more susceptible to being effected by the wind.

Wedges: First time I hit this ball with a wedge it was dead into the wind. The ball spun up into the wind a bit landed on the top a ridge and spun back like 30 feet. I was a little concerned that I was going to be spinning it too much. But for the rest of the day I didn't experience anything else like that. Balls were usually close to their pitch mark. (the combo the the into the wind shot and landing at the top of the ridge was the reason for the crazy spin) The ball flies high, but it is agreeable to being knocked down some.

Short Game shots: Ball feels good off the face and has plenty of spin, more than the CS-X I was playing.

Putter: It took me a few holes get the speed down with the putter compared to my CS-X.

Overall I am pleased with this ball.

Edited by pappaf2, 23 July 2018 - 12:09 PM.

We're not here for a long time,
just a good time.

23

#13104 Hack Daddy

Hack Daddy

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129742
  • Joined: 05/29/2011
  • Location:Tijuana River Valley
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 24 July 2018 - 12:29 AM

View Postradiman, on 19 July 2018 - 08:16 AM, said:

View PostNorth Butte, on 19 July 2018 - 06:04 AM, said:

View Postlspky_muskie, on 18 July 2018 - 09:54 PM, said:

K3 is solid, but not spectacular.  

From 60 yards in, you'd never know you were playing a $1 ball.  

Everywhere else, I feel like I'm giving a little something up.  I'm talking what looks like 5 yards off the driver, and a mid iron shot bleeding just a little more than you think it should in the wind.  Maybe it doesn't matter, but it's in my head.

I'

Well said.

Reminded me of a ProV1 circa 2005-2010. Spins a ton off the irons and wedges, great short game control, not as long as some other balls.

I have been switching back and forth between the KS4, KS3, and Z Stars.  The KS3 by far gives me the most spin off of my wedges.  Where the KS4 and Srixon will hop and come back a few feet, there have been a few instances where the KS3 spun back 15-20 feet.  I haven't seen anything like it.  It is especially frustrating to have your pitch mark a few feet from the hole only to face a 25 foot putt.  Spin is cool and all, and it's neat to see a ball suck back like that.  But, it's just to excessive for me.  It doesn't seem to be consistent either.  

While a fine ball for the money, it just isn't what I am looking for.  I believe it was you that called it a spin monster.  I think that sums it up really well.  I personally do not remember playing a ball that spun as much as the KS3.  I don't know what the #'s are on it as I don't have LM access.  So, I don't know if I am giving up a handful of yards on my drives or anything.  But, after watching the action it gets on the green, I wouldn't be surprised if it was spinning like a top off of the driver as well.

Co-sign.

Attached Thumbnails

  • IMG_20180429_143100_779.jpg

Nike Vapor Pro Matrix Black Tie 8m3
Nike VR Pro 18*/21*/24* Project X LZ iron shafts .370
Nike VR Pro Combo 4-PW S300 AMT .355
Cobra Tour Trusty 52/56/60 Dynalite 109 .370
Nike B1-01 Black pearl shaft, Cork Tree Pistol
B330s

24

#13105 lil'mike

lil'mike

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 436656
  • Joined: 08/14/2016
  • Location:Michigan
  • Ebay ID:mrgolf2k
GolfWRX Likes : 199

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:59 AM

View PostHack Daddy, on 24 July 2018 - 12:29 AM, said:

View Postradiman, on 19 July 2018 - 08:16 AM, said:

View PostNorth Butte, on 19 July 2018 - 06:04 AM, said:

View Postlspky_muskie, on 18 July 2018 - 09:54 PM, said:

K3 is solid, but not spectacular.  

From 60 yards in, you'd never know you were playing a $1 ball.  

Everywhere else, I feel like I'm giving a little something up.  I'm talking what looks like 5 yards off the driver, and a mid iron shot bleeding just a little more than you think it should in the wind.  Maybe it doesn't matter, but it's in my head.

I'

Well said.

Reminded me of a ProV1 circa 2005-2010. Spins a ton off the irons and wedges, great short game control, not as long as some other balls.

I have been switching back and forth between the KS4, KS3, and Z Stars.  The KS3 by far gives me the most spin off of my wedges.  Where the KS4 and Srixon will hop and come back a few feet, there have been a few instances where the KS3 spun back 15-20 feet.  I haven't seen anything like it.  It is especially frustrating to have your pitch mark a few feet from the hole only to face a 25 foot putt.  Spin is cool and all, and it's neat to see a ball suck back like that.  But, it's just to excessive for me.  It doesn't seem to be consistent either.  

While a fine ball for the money, it just isn't what I am looking for.  I believe it was you that called it a spin monster.  I think that sums it up really well.  I personally do not remember playing a ball that spun as much as the KS3.  I don't know what the #'s are on it as I don't have LM access.  So, I don't know if I am giving up a handful of yards on my drives or anything.  But, after watching the action it gets on the green, I wouldn't be surprised if it was spinning like a top off of the driver as well.

Co-sign.

Wow, yeah I guess it has too much spin!


25

#13106 soregongolfer

soregongolfer

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97841
  • Joined: 11/03/2009
  • Location:Roseburg, OR
GolfWRX Likes : 784

Posted 25 July 2018 - 02:20 AM

Does that green slope towards the water by chance?

26

#13107 Geaux Gators

Geaux Gators

    GEAUX GATORS

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250880
  • Joined: 05/16/2013
  • Location:Lake City, FL
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 869

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:02 AM

I dont ever hit anything that close to the flag or generally from the fairway... so I dont worry about spin... lol  I am just glad it stops!
Ping G400 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 7X Little +
Ping G400 16* hybrid UST Recoil ES80F4
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping i500 4-W Green Dot KBS Tour Stiff hard stepped 1  
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
OnCore Elixr

27

#13108 larryw

larryw

    lov_betti

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208887
  • Joined: 10/27/2012
  • Location:Austin, Tx
  • Handicap:3.6
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 26 July 2018 - 01:47 PM

OK, I made it to the warehouse Grand Opening in Pflugerville, TX today 7/26/2018 and I was unfortunately disappointed.

No original KSig balls available - only the three piece was there but they did have 3 or 4 pallets of those. Does that tell us anything? Not really, they may show at the next Grand Opening - just no way to know and Costco is not telling.

Moved on to the food bar for a hotdog. They were selling them faster than they could cook them - so it was undercooked and the bun was not sufficiently steamed - still pretty good but not of the high quality you usually get at Costco. Another strange thing was no unsweetened Iced tea - just sweet tea. I know it's Texas - but come on, help a fella out a little.

Everything else was as expected at a Costco warehouse but my two reasons for going were both - did I say - disappointing? Since I only had the small SUV I passed on any other items for space considerations.
TM R1 driver
Mizuno JPX 850 3W
Mizuno JPX850 19, hybrid
Callaway CR16 4-pw irons
Ping Tour-W 56/14 SW
Mizuno MP-T5 52/09, 58/08 wedges
Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 putter

28

#13109 tsecor

tsecor

    Loading........

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,753 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129704
  • Joined: 05/28/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 1183

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:36 PM

IMO you will never see the 4 piece again unless they purchase over runs from some other manufacturer.  I believe the Callaway rep gave a great answer to a ksig question over there

29

#13110 Break81

Break81

    Broke80

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263738
  • Joined: 07/13/2013
  • Location:Chino Hills
  • Handicap:9.5
  • Ebay ID:marcbogey
GolfWRX Likes : 693

Posted 26 July 2018 - 04:25 PM

View Posttsecor, on 26 July 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

IMO you will never see the 4 piece again unless they purchase over runs from some other manufacturer.  I believe the Callaway rep gave a great answer to a ksig question over there

  Everytime someone says they are never coming back, it means a release it just a few weeks away.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
   Cobra F7 - 5/6 set at 17*
  Ping 22 degree Hybrid
Mizuno JPX850 Forger 4-GW - XP115 S300
Callaway Forged 52 degree
Titleist 55 F grind / 60 M grind
EVNROLL ER5
  Chrome Soft Truvis / TF Gamer

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors