Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 36 votes

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS) - (Update 4/3/18) Back In Stock

Kirkland ksig Is it the end of an era?? Ksig golfballs costco

13101 replies to this topic

#12301 soregongolfer

soregongolfer

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97841
  • Joined: 11/03/2009
  • Location:Roseburg, OR
GolfWRX Likes : 694

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:17 PM

Costco did go through the trouble of getting the ball certified.  Also, we've seen the guts of both the Quattro and KSig and they do not match.

Edited by soregongolfer, 16 April 2018 - 02:20 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#12302 Mtngolfer1

Mtngolfer1

    Major Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45586
  • Joined: 01/10/2008
  • Location:Colorado
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 492

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:25 PM

This theory makes sense. I believe there are others on her familiar with the manufacturing plant Costco is using on the K3 they would be able to confirm or deny if the K3 is in fact a B-stone ball re-branded. Great information and theory!

2

#12303 DBill

DBill

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426712
  • Joined: 05/26/2016
  • Location:Gilbert AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 765

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:48 PM

View Postshouston2, on 16 April 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

Hello!  I have a hypothesis I'd like to share regarding the Kirkland Signature 3-piece Urethane Cover Golf Ball.  

I believe this is the Bridgestone Joker golf ball or the Bridgestone TourStage V10 Limited golf ball.  Both are sold in Asia/Australia and not the United States.  

This post is the true definition of conjecture, which is a conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.  :-)

Here is my reasoning:
1. Bridgestone completed at least some of the ball manufacturing for Nike.  So they currently have excess ball manufacturing capacity.  It is safe to assume they'd like to continue to fill that loss in ball production somewhere.  I think they are filling it with the KS3; possibly the Sphera 3 piece ball; and possibly the Krypton One.  
Source:  http://www.golfmagic.com/equipment-news/tiger-bridgestone-made-nike-golf-ball-number-years
Source 2:  https://www.sportskeeda.com/golf/tiger-woods-says-he-played-a-nike-ball-made-by-bridgestone-all-these-years
2. Costco isn't going to go through the trouble to get a ball certified for the USGA Conforming Balls list.  Therefore, an existing manufacturer would get their ball certified and then Costco would re-brand that same ball as a Kirkland Signature.
Source:  This is certainly what Costco did with the original Kirkland Signature 4 piece golf ball, aka the KS4.   The KS4 was certified by Nassau as the Nassau Quattro on the USGA Conforming List.
3. The Kirkland Signature 3-Piece ball is described on the USGA Conforming Balls list as follows:  3 Piece, double cover, with 338 dimples.  It also describes the KS3 as having a spin rating of M-H.  I am ignoring the spin data, as the spin rating is very subjective and reliant upon the manufacturer or vendor who submits the information to the USGA.
Source:  https://www.usga.org/ConformingGolfBall/gball_list.pdf
More detail on KS3:  3P-2C M-H 338
4.  There are very few other balls on the USGA Conforming ball list that match the KS3 specs of a 3 piece, 2 cover, 338 dimple ball.  
Some examples:  Bridgestone Golf Tour B X; Tour B RX; Tour B RXS; Bridgestone Joker, Bridgestone Tour Stage V10 Limited.  
5.  The Bridgestone Tour Bs all have the dimple within the dimple technology.  The KS3 does not.  Google an image of a Tour B X ball and you'll see what I mean.
6.  This leaves the Bridgestone Joker and the the Bridgestone TourStage V10 Limited as the remaining choices*.  And this makes sense.  Bridgestone would want to sell a ball that isn't going to cannibalize it's own sales in the U.S.  So they picked a ball only sold in Asia/Australia.  

Let's discuss!

* There are a few other smaller manufacturer choices, but I don't think they fit the profile of what would work for Costco.  Nor would it appear the other choices have manufacturing facilities in China.

No, no, no.  All wrong.  The kirkland balls are made in factories with pixie dust and unicorn farts.

3

#12304 jesusdelallata

jesusdelallata

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 240837
  • Joined: 03/25/2013
  • Location:Houston
  • Handicap:10.3
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:10 PM

Roswell.
Driver - Taylormade M2
3w - Titleist 915F
4h - Titleist 816H
Irons (GW - 4i) - Titleist 716 AP1
Putter - Taylormade Ghost Spider Si
Wedges Titleist  Vokey SM6 55 and 60

4

#12305 rmepilot

rmepilot

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 489816
  • Joined: 12/30/2017
  • Location:Huntsville, AL
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:14 PM

View PostDBill, on 16 April 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

View Postshouston2, on 16 April 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

Hello!  I have a hypothesis I'd like to share regarding the Kirkland Signature 3-piece Urethane Cover Golf Ball.  

I believe this is the Bridgestone Joker golf ball or the Bridgestone TourStage V10 Limited golf ball.  Both are sold in Asia/Australia and not the United States.  

This post is the true definition of conjecture, which is a conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.  :-)

Here is my reasoning:
1. Bridgestone completed at least some of the ball manufacturing for Nike.  So they currently have excess ball manufacturing capacity.  It is safe to assume they'd like to continue to fill that loss in ball production somewhere.  I think they are filling it with the KS3; possibly the Sphera 3 piece ball; and possibly the Krypton One.  
Source:  http://www.golfmagic.com/equipment-news/tiger-bridgestone-made-nike-golf-ball-number-years
Source 2:  https://www.sportskeeda.com/golf/tiger-woods-says-he-played-a-nike-ball-made-by-bridgestone-all-these-years
2. Costco isn't going to go through the trouble to get a ball certified for the USGA Conforming Balls list.  Therefore, an existing manufacturer would get their ball certified and then Costco would re-brand that same ball as a Kirkland Signature.
Source:  This is certainly what Costco did with the original Kirkland Signature 4 piece golf ball, aka the KS4.   The KS4 was certified by Nassau as the Nassau Quattro on the USGA Conforming List.
3. The Kirkland Signature 3-Piece ball is described on the USGA Conforming Balls list as follows:  3 Piece, double cover, with 338 dimples.  It also describes the KS3 as having a spin rating of M-H.  I am ignoring the spin data, as the spin rating is very subjective and reliant upon the manufacturer or vendor who submits the information to the USGA.
Source:  https://www.usga.org/ConformingGolfBall/gball_list.pdf
More detail on KS3:  3P-2C M-H 338
4.  There are very few other balls on the USGA Conforming ball list that match the KS3 specs of a 3 piece, 2 cover, 338 dimple ball.  
Some examples:  Bridgestone Golf Tour B X; Tour B RX; Tour B RXS; Bridgestone Joker, Bridgestone Tour Stage V10 Limited.  
5.  The Bridgestone Tour Bs all have the dimple within the dimple technology.  The KS3 does not.  Google an image of a Tour B X ball and you'll see what I mean.
6.  This leaves the Bridgestone Joker and the the Bridgestone TourStage V10 Limited as the remaining choices*.  And this makes sense.  Bridgestone would want to sell a ball that isn't going to cannibalize it's own sales in the U.S.  So they picked a ball only sold in Asia/Australia.  

Let's discuss!

* There are a few other smaller manufacturer choices, but I don't think they fit the profile of what would work for Costco.  Nor would it appear the other choices have manufacturing facilities in China.

No, no, no.  All wrong.  The kirkland balls are made in factories with pixie dust and unicorn farts.
You forgot the thin layer of unobtainium...

knowledge is power... projectveritas.com

"I like the libertarian view, which is to leave everyone alone. Even as a kid, I was annoyed by people who wanted to tell everyone how to live."
-Clint Eastwood


“Those who say it can't be done, are usually interrupted by others doing it.”
-James Arthur Baldwin


"Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Master Yoda

5

#12306 gioreeko

gioreeko

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122138
  • Joined: 02/12/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 163

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:31 PM

Can we just please stop the conjecture that the K sig 4 piece is the Quatro? We've seen them cut open, completely different balls.
Driver: Taylor Made M1
3 wood: Taylor made 12 degree mini driver TP
3 Iron Mizuno Fli hi
4-6: Mizuno mp18 MMC
7-PW: Mizuno MP 18 SC
Mizuno TP5 50, 56 degree
Odyssey Versa Tank Putter
Kirkland Tour ball

6

#12307 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 22,555 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
  • Location:A golf course in the Chicago area.
GolfWRX Likes : 23236

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:35 PM

View Postgioreeko, on 16 April 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Can we just please stop the conjecture that the K sig 4 piece is the Quatro? We've seen them cut open, completely different balls.

Sir, without conjecture, this thread would have about 32 posts.

7

#12308 tangojay

tangojay

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18679
  • Joined: 08/31/2006
  • Location:So. Cal
GolfWRX Likes : 417

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:39 PM

View Postgioreeko, on 16 April 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Can we just please stop the conjecture that the K sig 4 piece is the Quatro? We've seen them cut open, completely different balls.


No,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

8

#12309 Dpavs

Dpavs

    OverWRX'ed

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133444
  • Joined: 07/18/2011
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 1986

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:53 PM

View PostDavePelz4, on 16 April 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

View Postgioreeko, on 16 April 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Can we just please stop the conjecture that the K sig 4 piece is the Quatro? We've seen them cut open, completely different balls.

Sir, without conjecture, this thread would have about 32 posts.

Besides... we all know it was made from overrun cores from a previous generation Quatro which we have not seen cut in half. :taunt:

9

#12310 TsarBomba

TsarBomba

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 451602
  • Joined: 01/13/2017
  • Location:Midwest
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 409

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:39 PM

View Postshouston2, on 16 April 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

Hello!  I have a hypothesis I'd like to share regarding the Kirkland Signature 3-piece Urethane Cover Golf Ball.  

I believe this is the Bridgestone Joker golf ball or the Bridgestone TourStage V10 Limited golf ball.  Both are sold in Asia/Australia and not the United States.  

This post is the true definition of conjecture, which is a conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.  :-)

Here is my reasoning:
1. Bridgestone completed at least some of the ball manufacturing for Nike.  So they currently have excess ball manufacturing capacity.  It is safe to assume they'd like to continue to fill that loss in ball production somewhere.  I think they are filling it with the KS3; possibly the Sphera 3 piece ball; and possibly the Krypton One.  
Source:  http://www.golfmagic.com/equipment-news/tiger-bridgestone-made-nike-golf-ball-number-years
Source 2:  https://www.sportskeeda.com/golf/tiger-woods-says-he-played-a-nike-ball-made-by-bridgestone-all-these-years
2. Costco isn't going to go through the trouble to get a ball certified for the USGA Conforming Balls list.  Therefore, an existing manufacturer would get their ball certified and then Costco would re-brand that same ball as a Kirkland Signature.
Source:  This is certainly what Costco did with the original Kirkland Signature 4 piece golf ball, aka the KS4.   The KS4 was certified by Nassau as the Nassau Quattro on the USGA Conforming List.
3. The Kirkland Signature 3-Piece ball is described on the USGA Conforming Balls list as follows:  3 Piece, double cover, with 338 dimples.  It also describes the KS3 as having a spin rating of M-H.  I am ignoring the spin data, as the spin rating is very subjective and reliant upon the manufacturer or vendor who submits the information to the USGA.
Source:  https://www.usga.org/ConformingGolfBall/gball_list.pdf
More detail on KS3:  3P-2C M-H 338
4.  There are very few other balls on the USGA Conforming ball list that match the KS3 specs of a 3 piece, 2 cover, 338 dimple ball.  
Some examples:  Bridgestone Golf Tour B X; Tour B RX; Tour B RXS; Bridgestone Joker, Bridgestone Tour Stage V10 Limited.  
5.  The Bridgestone Tour Bs all have the dimple within the dimple technology.  The KS3 does not.  Google an image of a Tour B X ball and you'll see what I mean.
6.  This leaves the Bridgestone Joker and the the Bridgestone TourStage V10 Limited as the remaining choices*.  And this makes sense.  Bridgestone would want to sell a ball that isn't going to cannibalize it's own sales in the U.S.  So they picked a ball only sold in Asia/Australia.  

Let's discuss!

* There are a few other smaller manufacturer choices, but I don't think they fit the profile of what would work for Costco.  Nor would it appear the other choices have manufacturing facilities in China.

I like this theory. Well put together, and good post, even if it turns out wrong.

Agree with the above poster who (jokingly) mentioned the 4 piece ball may have been a previous generation Quattro, since we know it's not the current one.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#12311 soregongolfer

soregongolfer

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97841
  • Joined: 11/03/2009
  • Location:Roseburg, OR
GolfWRX Likes : 694

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:57 PM

View PostDpavs, on 16 April 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

View PostDavePelz4, on 16 April 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

View Postgioreeko, on 16 April 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Can we just please stop the conjecture that the K sig 4 piece is the Quatro? We've seen them cut open, completely different balls.

Sir, without conjecture, this thread would have about 32 posts.

Besides... we all know it was made from overrun cores from a previous generation Quatro which we have not seen cut in half. :taunt:

No, no, no.  TP core and everything else is from a previous gen. Quattro.  The TP Quattro if you will.

11

#12312 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 22,555 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
  • Location:A golf course in the Chicago area.
GolfWRX Likes : 23236

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:04 PM

View Postsoregongolfer, on 16 April 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

View PostDpavs, on 16 April 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

View PostDavePelz4, on 16 April 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

View Postgioreeko, on 16 April 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Can we just please stop the conjecture that the K sig 4 piece is the Quatro? We've seen them cut open, completely different balls.

Sir, without conjecture, this thread would have about 32 posts.

Besides... we all know it was made from overrun cores from a previous generation Quatro which we have not seen cut in half. :taunt:

No, no, no.  TP core and everything else is from a previous gen. Quattro.  The TP Quattro if you will.

One of the Nassau factories in Korea literally has Taylormade on the building.

12

#12313 tangojay

tangojay

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18679
  • Joined: 08/31/2006
  • Location:So. Cal
GolfWRX Likes : 417

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:17 PM

I heard from a reliable source who heard it from the sister of the boyfriend of another source who said the 4 piece are Pro-V1 one cores with one Bridgestone RX layer and one Chrome soft layer, the cover is from the TP's,,,,,,,,,,,,

Come one folks, enjoy the bargain this ball is and tee it up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

13

#12314 dasams

dasams

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 415690
  • Joined: 03/14/2016
  • Location:Was Marin but soon Palm Desert
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:28 PM

View Postgioreeko, on 16 April 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Can we just please stop the conjecture that the K sig 4 piece is the Quatro? We've seen them cut open, completely different balls.

Fixed it for you.

14

#12315 scottland

scottland

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61812
  • Joined: 07/29/2008
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:50 PM

I played 18 today with the K3.  Itís a perfectly serviceable tour ball.

Full wedges ended up right next to their pitch mark, which tells me they spun back a couple feet. 40-50yd wedge shots had a single hop and stopped.

Driver distance was typical, iron distance was typical. The feel of the putter is nice. Iím perfectly happy with its performance.

Now the durability is class-leading. I hit a tree, hard, and the ball hardly has a scoff. It looks nearly new after playing 18.


15

#12316 OrangeGravy

OrangeGravy

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 322661
  • Joined: 06/23/2014
  • Location:Richland, WA
  • Handicap:$$
  • Ebay ID:OrangeGravy
GolfWRX Likes : 424

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:55 PM

Where's the guy that did the compression test on the 4 piece at 90? He was going to test the 3 and get back to us?
Taylormade Burner Bubble/ S-90 Steel
Sonartec 3.5/YS-6+
Wishon 550 cm 4-p
Cleveland 588 DSG 56*
Cleveland 588 DSG/RTG+ 59*
Odyssey White Hot 6

16

#12317 PuttCurseRepeat

PuttCurseRepeat

    It's a ball mark repair tool. Use it!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 397914
  • Joined: 09/30/2015
  • Location:Chicago Western 'Burbs
GolfWRX Likes : 506

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:04 AM

View Postsoregongolfer, on 16 April 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

View PostDpavs, on 16 April 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

View PostDavePelz4, on 16 April 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

View Postgioreeko, on 16 April 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Can we just please stop the conjecture that the K sig 4 piece is the Quatro? We've seen them cut open, completely different balls.

Sir, without conjecture, this thread would have about 32 posts.

Besides... we all know it was made from overrun cores from a previous generation Quatro which we have not seen cut in half. :taunt:

No, no, no.  TP core and everything else is from a previous gen. Quattro.  The TP Quattro if you will.
The Quattro has been changed since the premiere of the K-sig. The original Quattro had 360 dimples.

K-sig = original Quattro. I thought we had established this looooong ago. So long ago, we may have forgotten?

17

#12318 mjforn

mjforn

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 487104
  • Joined: 11/19/2017
  • Location:Chicago Area
  • Handicap:17
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:04 AM

View PostDavePelz4, on 16 April 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

View Postgioreeko, on 16 April 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Can we just please stop the conjecture that the K sig 4 piece is the Quatro? We've seen them cut open, completely different balls.

Sir, without conjecture, this thread would have about 32 posts.

:scenic: :read: :yahoo:


:golfer:
Matt

Callaway GBB 9.5
Callaway 3w
Callaway Rx OS 4-AW
Cleveland CBX 52*, 56*, 60*

Odyssey Works SS #1 Putter

Ammo:
K 3s
Titliest NXT s
K Sigs (in the shag bag)

18

#12319 monks66

monks66

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465294
  • Joined: 04/26/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:20 AM

this is why i started the new thread....where it was just about the ksig4 versus ksig3....

19

#12320 rmepilot

rmepilot

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 489816
  • Joined: 12/30/2017
  • Location:Huntsville, AL
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:25 AM

View Postsoregongolfer, on 16 April 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

Costco did go through the trouble of getting the ball certified.  Also, we've seen the guts of both the Quattro and KSig and they do not match.

Is there even a Costco in Roseburg? :)

knowledge is power... projectveritas.com

"I like the libertarian view, which is to leave everyone alone. Even as a kid, I was annoyed by people who wanted to tell everyone how to live."
-Clint Eastwood


“Those who say it can't be done, are usually interrupted by others doing it.”
-James Arthur Baldwin


"Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Master Yoda

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#12321 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 22,555 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
  • Location:A golf course in the Chicago area.
GolfWRX Likes : 23236

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:28 AM

Hmmm...our friends at Costco have a video out on the KTrey ball.  Think they might be serious about this.


https://www.costco.c....100406428.html

21

#12322 scotee

scotee

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69498
  • Joined: 11/18/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 11293

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:10 PM

View PostDavePelz4, on 17 April 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

Hmmm...our friends at Costco have a video out on the KTrey ball.  Think they might be serious about this.


https://www.costco.c....100406428.html

Ktrey
Ktrip
K-3
Sig Soft

Coming to a store near you?
Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

22

#12323 I_HATE_SNOW

I_HATE_SNOW

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47459
  • Joined: 01/29/2008
  • Location:Colorado
GolfWRX Likes : 349

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:11 PM

Any price difference?  What are the 2 balls selling for?

23

#12324 bhj83

bhj83

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180138
  • Joined: 05/10/2012
  • Location:Kansas City, KS
  • Handicap:4.5
GolfWRX Likes : 128

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:14 PM

View PostI_HATE_SNOW, on 17 April 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

Any price difference?  What are the 2 balls selling for?

3 piece is $23.99 per double dozen and the 4 piece is $29.99 per double dozen. Each double dozen is also $4.99 for shipping.
TaylorMade '16 M1 Tour 8.5 Driver
Cobra King F7 3-4W Blue
TaylorMade M4 3 Hybrid
Srixon U45 4 iron
Srixon Z945 5-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged Slate 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Diamond Silver
Callaway Chrome Soft or Kirkland Signature 3 Piece Urethane
Shot Scope V2 Watch
Bushnell Tour V4 Slope Edition Rangefinder

24

#12325 Girevik

Girevik

    I'm still away

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 274655
  • Joined: 09/04/2013
  • Location:Columbus, OH
GolfWRX Likes : 165

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:15 PM

View Postscotee, on 17 April 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

View PostDavePelz4, on 17 April 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

Hmmm...our friends at Costco have a video out on the KTrey ball.  Think they might be serious about this.


https://www.costco.c....100406428.html

Ktrey
Ktrip
K-3
Sig Soft

Coming to a store near you?

Since Costo is calling "Performance +", I like K+ (K-Plus).

Sto Pro Veritate

25

#12326 spartanglfr

spartanglfr

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52836
  • Joined: 04/02/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 75

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:21 PM

I think I have figured out the ksig 3.   I've gone through the typical tests previously utilized here and in other ball threads when weather conditions prevent playing/testing outside (snow on the ground here) --- including dropping several balls from the same height for bounce/compression analysis, fingernail softness study (I have medium length nails, well groomed, Trim clippers), indoor chipping on Berber carpet (like first cut of rough), chipping and pitching off of flatter carpeting (fairway), and putting on basement carpeting (green, registering 8 on carpet stimpmeter).   After thorough testing, I am 1,000% sure that the ksig3 is the iconic Top Flite Molitor dipped in a vat of TPU urethane.

Full disclosure:  I performed the testing and wrote this after several tumblers of Kirkland Signature French vodka. ;-)

Edited by spartanglfr, 17 April 2018 - 12:22 PM.


26

#12327 om18v

om18v

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 384268
  • Joined: 07/04/2015
  • Location:Myrtle Beach
  • Handicap:99+
GolfWRX Likes : 130

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:03 PM

Let's hope the K3 becomes a regular stocked item in stores.

27

#12328 mulliganman30

mulliganman30

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133120
  • Joined: 07/15/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 125

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:35 PM

For anyone interested:  https://mygolfspy.com/mygolfspy-podcast-the-return-of-costcos-kirkland-signature-golf-balls/#comment-320108

View PostDavePelz4, on 17 April 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

Hmmm...our friends at Costco have a video out on the KTrey ball.  Think they might be serious about this.


https://www.costco.c....100406428.html

Its interested they did that.  But, I think they've had it up since at least last week though if I remember correctly.

28

#12329 gioreeko

gioreeko

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122138
  • Joined: 02/12/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 163

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:05 PM

View Postmulliganman30, on 17 April 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

For anyone interested:  https://mygolfspy.com/mygolfspy-podcast-the-return-of-costcos-kirkland-signature-golf-balls/#comment-320108

View PostDavePelz4, on 17 April 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

Hmmm...our friends at Costco have a video out on the KTrey ball.  Think they might be serious about this.


https://www.costco.c....100406428.html

Its interested they did that.  But, I think they've had it up since at least last week though if I remember correctly.

Checked out the podcast and the comments. Very high level of retardation in the comment section. I love when Titleist snobs act like the K Sig 4 piece doesn't compare to the Pro V1.
Driver: Taylor Made M1
3 wood: Taylor made 12 degree mini driver TP
3 Iron Mizuno Fli hi
4-6: Mizuno mp18 MMC
7-PW: Mizuno MP 18 SC
Mizuno TP5 50, 56 degree
Odyssey Versa Tank Putter
Kirkland Tour ball

29

#12330 cubfanbob

cubfanbob

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38947
  • Joined: 09/07/2007
  • Location:St. Paul MN
  • Ebay ID:cubfanbob
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:11 PM

High level of snark in the podcast, too - combined with a stunning amount of conjecture.

Edited by cubfanbob, 17 April 2018 - 03:12 PM.

GHIN Index: 16.4
Ping G30 10.5 R
Ping G30 3/14.5 R
Mashie+ m3, m4
Adams CB3 Black 5-GW  TT XP-95 R flex
Mizuno MP-T5 52.9, 56.10 wedges
Ray Cook Billy Baroo B300 34"
Kirkland Signature 3-piece

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors