Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Epon AF-501

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hmx3

hmx3

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22522
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:33 PM

Currently im playing MX-25. Solid club, but I dont like the mushy feeling.

Now I saw the new Epon AF-501 and these irons look pretty similar to my old Tommy Armour 845 SS-best iron Ive ever played- and are Ende forged.

Now Im thinking to buy the Epons, but have no change to test them.

Are there any AF-501 players and how is the feel and tractory?

Thanks guys

hmx3

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Duffy19

Duffy19

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27822
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:13 PM

I have not used the Mizuno MX25 but do have two sets of Mizuno T-Zoid Pro, one with steel and the other graphite.  I would not classify T Zoid as mushy but definitely buttery soft forged.  At the same time, I do have and play a set of Epon Type J which is effectively the AF501.  I have the NSPro 850 on it and at the same time, another set of Miura CB201 with the identical shaft.  The long/longer irons of the Epon is slightly easier due to the undercut and more offset than the Miura.  At the same time, the Miura give a better and more precise feel due to a more compact head with less offset.  

Feel of the Epon is soft without being mushy but not as soft as the Miura.  The trajectory of both are about the same since it is almost the same loft and identical shaft.  I would suspect the MX is just a different class of clubs while MP might be closer.

#3 Duffy19

Duffy19

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:13 PM

I have not used the Mizuno MX25 but do have two sets of Mizuno T-Zoid Pro, one with steel and the other graphite.  I would not classify T Zoid as mushy but definitely buttery soft forged.  At the same time, I do have and play a set of Epon Type J which is effectively the AF501.  I have the NSPro 850 on it and at the same time, another set of Miura CB201 with the identical shaft.  The long/longer irons of the Epon is slightly easier due to the undercut and more offset than the Miura.  At the same time, the Miura give a better and more precise feel due to a more compact head with less offset.  

Feel of the Epon is soft without being mushy but not as soft as the Miura.  The trajectory of both are about the same since it is almost the same loft and identical shaft.  I would suspect the MX is just a different class of clubs while MP might be closer.

#4 Duffy19

Duffy19

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2008 - 04:41 PM

Sorry Guys, I should be referring to the type S (not the type J) that is the same as the AF501.

#5 esinger430

esinger430

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 214 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48918
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:39 PM

i played the epon 501 irons last season with fujikura shafts put in. excellent distance. nice feel but didnt like the clicking sound when hit on the sweet spot. if u dont mind it they are great irons. i switched to miura simply because they werent forged by endo and wanted to try something else. love the miura. but the epon 305 is a great product.

-----------------

witb

epon emb 10.5 with graphite design
epon af 201 13.5 fujikura shaft
miura 17 degree util with graphite design
prgr 20 degree with prgr shaft
miura cb 202 4-pw
miura 52 wedge
miura 58 wedge
gold private stock #2 putter

#6 esinger430

esinger430

• 214 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:40 PM

i played the epon 501 irons last season with fujikura shafts put in. excellent distance. nice feel but didnt like the clicking sound when hit on the sweet spot. if u dont mind it they are great irons. i switched to miura simply because they werent forged by endo and wanted to try something else. love the miura. but the epon 305 is a great product.

-----------------

witb

miura cb 202 4-pw
miura 52 wedge
miura 58 wedge

#7 esinger430

esinger430

• 214 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:40 PM

-----------------

witb

miura cb 202 4-pw
miura 52 wedge
miura 58 wedge

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users