Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Big fan of Nike RZN Black....now what?


63 replies to this topic

#1 onafriday

onafriday

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39284
  • Joined: 09/13/2007
  • Location:NorCal
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 288

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:36 PM

I was a ProV1x guy for a while, and then maybe 2 years ago tried a bunch of balls (based on recommendations from these boards), and landed on the RZN Platinum and the Snell.  

After some more testing recently, I landed on the RZN Black.  It's a little firm, but it performs well off the tee and around the greens.  Certainly spins favorably off the big dog.  

So now i'm left either hoarding RZN Black, which i'm willing to do, but I thought it'd be a good time to snag some sleeves and see what else is out there.  

I'm looking to try (again):
  • ProV1x
  • The 330/330s from Bridgestone
  • Chrome Soft
  • ???
I'm looking for recommendations from guys that maybe liked the RZN Black, and might be able to recommend comparable balls.

Thanks

TaylorMade M3 9.5* Diamana W 60x
Cobra King LTD 14.5* Diamana BF 60x
Titleist 818H1 19*, 818H2 23* Tour Spec 8.8x
Srixon z65 (5-6 565, 7-9 765, P 965) Modus3 120x
Vokey SM6 (raw) 50F, 54S, 58M Modus3 120x
Cameron Futura X5.5W by Slighter

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 cvhookem63

cvhookem63

    HOOK 'EM

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 307989
  • Joined: 04/11/2014
  • Location:East Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 4357

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:55 PM

Are you talking about the RZN Black (last year) or the RZN Tour Black (this year)? If you are talking about the OG RZN Black from last year, then they can be had for a reasonable amount =<$20/doz new and can be had for less than that if you are willing to go the LostGolfBalls route.

As far as alternatives, ProV1x is the obvious one, but they are going to cost a bit more.
WITB Link
TaylorMade Tour Issue M1 440 8.5* Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 8X
NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
NIKE Satin VR Pro 5-9 TI S400
NIKE OVEN Engage 46* or VR Pro PW | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
NIKE Custom Copper Insert B2-05 | SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback or Pro Platinum Mid Sur 35"/375g

2

#3 Man_O_War

Man_O_War

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135721
  • Joined: 08/08/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 1105

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:31 PM

stock up son... never liked the prov1 x . Always felt weird to me..
Cobra LTD Pro Project X LZ 6.0 71g HC
Cobra LTD 3/4  Kai'li 80
Cobra LTD 4/5  Kai'li 80
TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*
Srixon Z965 4-PW DG 120 S400
RTX 3.0 50, 54, 60 Modus 125
Machine LN M6/Ping G2 c67
TM TP5x/Srixon Z-STAR XV

3

#4 TheGriftKings

TheGriftKings

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 428822
  • Joined: 06/12/2016
  • Location:NY
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:37 PM

Following this fervently...in the same boat.  RZN Black (non-tour) have performed so great off the tee for me as it tends to negate my over-draw and always sticks on approach shots...I played the new Bridgestone E6's before but gained significant distance with the RZN Black.

I've never liked the feel, specifically the harder feeling, of the ProV1x...I realize that's completely subjective, however if I can't stock up on RZN Black and don't prefer V1x, then what are some comparable options?

(Side note: I LOVE how people I play with find my ball and inadvertently mispronounce "Who's playing the RAISIN black?)

Edited by TheGriftKings, 09 August 2016 - 03:38 PM.


4

#5 weavs2

weavs2

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 167653
  • Joined: 03/05/2012
  • Ebay ID:weavsvw
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:52 PM

I'm in the same boat. I am not a fan of the v1x and love the rzn black. I will probably try to hoard as many as I can find.
But eventually we are going to have move on to something else. I may go with the chrome soft as I like it everywhere except putting. It seems to literally jump off the putter face and will require a lot of practice to get use to it. I might give the z star xv a try


5

#6 Brompton

Brompton

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 400542
  • Joined: 10/23/2015
  • Location:Uk
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 09 August 2016 - 04:01 PM

The chromesoft was a revelation to me, worth trying...
Driver - XR16 / Oban Devotion 6
3 Wood - XR Steelhead / Matrix Black Tie 75m4

3 Hybrid - Ping G400 / Oban Kiyoshi White 95
Irons - Miura Passing Point 9003 Straight Necks 4-Pw / Modus3 120

Wedges - Edel driver 52* and trapper 58* / Modus 115wedge
Best grips Microperf’s on everything

Edel E-1 torque balanced putter

6

#7 Man_O_War

Man_O_War

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135721
  • Joined: 08/08/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 1105

Posted 09 August 2016 - 04:07 PM

by the time I run out of my 6 packs of rzn tour black... I will be ready to move on and lo and behold..there will be new balls then to try..we know that as a fact.
I anticipate 6 packs lasting 2 years.
Cobra LTD Pro Project X LZ 6.0 71g HC
Cobra LTD 3/4  Kai'li 80
Cobra LTD 4/5  Kai'li 80
TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*
Srixon Z965 4-PW DG 120 S400
RTX 3.0 50, 54, 60 Modus 125
Machine LN M6/Ping G2 c67
TM TP5x/Srixon Z-STAR XV

7

#8 deltapapatango

deltapapatango

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 361949
  • Joined: 02/11/2015
  • Location:Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:30 PM

Currently using 2014 RZN Black.  I thought 2016 RZN Platinum was similar?
917D2 Rogue Silver 60 S, 917F2 16.5 Rogue M-ax 75 S, 21 915H Diamana Blue 70 S, 716 AP2 5-PW PX 6.0LZ, SM6 50 Modus3 125, SM5 56 Modus3 125, Mack Daddy 60 PM Grind

8

#9 Roc-A-Fella_1

Roc-A-Fella_1

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 410828
  • Joined: 02/02/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:46 PM

SR3 or TPx

9

#10 Kylekoz17

Kylekoz17

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 204917
  • Joined: 09/28/2012
  • Location:Buffalo
  • Handicap:0.7
GolfWRX Likes : 944

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:55 PM

Prov1x spins too much in comparison.  I've been hearing b330 is similar.  Going to stock up on the tour blacks and not even think about switching until I run out.  Chrome soft is one of the worst balls I've used. Not happy that rzn blacks aren't going to continue

Rogue Sub Zero 10.5 - Kuro Kage DC TX 60
TI Taylormade ’16 M2 DF 16.5 - Attas 6star 7X
'17 Taylormade M1 hybrid - Kuro Kage 80X
Titleist 716 TMB 3-5 iron AMT X100
Titleist 718 AP2 6-pw AMT X100
Custom Oven grind Nike Engage 50 sq, 56 toe sweep
Custom 1/1 Rory Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 cgasucks

cgasucks

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16512
  • Joined: 07/18/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 933

Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:03 PM

Hoard the ball...BUT don't be surprised if it comes back again in one form or another.  It is a fact that Nike doesn't have their own ball manufacturing facilities and I heard that Bridgestone makes it for them so maybe Nike would sell the RZN patents to another company and have Bridgestone make that ball again...just under a different name..
9.5 deg Taylormade R7 Superquad (All Black First Edition) with stock Fujikura Reax TP shaft
1988 Tommy Armour 845s (3-PW, W3 (GW), SW) with stock TT Tour Step shafts
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts
Ping Anser 2 Stainless Steel Putter

11

#12 TheGriftKings

TheGriftKings

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 428822
  • Joined: 06/12/2016
  • Location:NY
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:27 PM

As far as the Bridgestone connection, is there any citation or source of that info? I've seen unsourced blog comments that Bridgestone no longer manufactures Nike balls, but nothing more definitive.

12

#13 BigHook25

BigHook25

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143811
  • Joined: 10/23/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 552

Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:42 PM

I liked the RZN black even though it was a little firmer around the green then other premium golf balls.  The RZN black was also a great wind ball.  I found the Bridgestone B330 and TM tour preferred x to play similar, but a little softer around the greens.

13

#14 m15sports

m15sports

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 435610
  • Joined: 08/07/2016
  • Location:Jenison, MI
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:00 PM

The OG RZN black can be found new for $20 a dozen still online if you look hard enough, just bought 10 dozen.   Can't help but hoard these babies!  By far my favorite ball, even more so than this years version.  Great all around ball.

14

#15 MixedBag

MixedBag

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 142199
  • Joined: 10/11/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 163

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:35 PM

test the Snell MTB ball


15

#16 TravisG

TravisG

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 297633
  • Joined: 02/18/2014
  • Location:Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:04 PM

 onafriday, on 09 August 2016 - 01:36 PM, said:

I was a ProV1x guy for a while, and then maybe 2 years ago tried a bunch of balls (based on recommendations from these boards), and landed on the RZN Platinum and the Snell.  

After some more testing recently, I landed on the RZN Black.  It's a little firm, but it performs well off the tee and around the greens.  Certainly spins favorably off the big dog.  

So now i'm left either hoarding RZN Black, which i'm willing to do, but I thought it'd be a good time to snag some sleeves and see what else is out there.  

I'm looking to try (again):
  • ProV1x
  • The 330/330s from Bridgestone
  • Chrome Soft
  • ???
I'm looking for recommendations from guys that maybe liked the RZN Black, and might be able to recommend comparable balls.

Thanks


I was playing the TPx for most of this year and just switched to the rzn black right before the nike news. The RZN black spins noticeably less off both the driver and irons, I was ballooning the tpx with the driver and I suspect the rzn black spins 200-500 hundred rpm less (just perfect for me). Off the irons I would spin a 7 iron back a couple of feet with the tpx, whereas the rzn black is more of a one hop and stop, maybe  couple of feet release after the first hop if the green is firm.

Prov1x is more similar to the tpx for me. I used to play z star XVs so might give those a try, always felt they spin a little less than prov1x and tpx. Haven't tried the b330 yet so can't give any feedback on that..

Short answer is, if you have a higher spin setup / swing and the rzn black is perfect for you... you might be SOL unless you hoard up! Also rzn black was the best out of tpx and prov1x in the wind....
WITB

Callaway GBB Epic 10.5 rogue i/o 60x
Titleist 910f 15 degrees Rip a 80 Stiff
Titleist 909h 24 degree stiff
Ping IE 4-UW, Recoil 125 F4 (stiff)
Ping GLIDE 56 WS Recoil 125 F4
Callaway PM Grind 60 KBS tour V Wedge
Odyssey Protype Tour #9 / TM Ghost Spider Tour (black)

16

#17 mallrat

mallrat

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122361
  • Joined: 02/15/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 1404

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:08 PM

Something I found interesting is Nike has received 3 letters from the USGA basically saying this ball is still conforming but barely. If I remember the numbers right 5.17 or 5.2 is the max something or rather to be conforming and 3 separate occasions the RZN tour Black reached like 5.14 which automatically triggers a letter. Figured I could let that slip now all things considered.

Love the RZn Tour Black. Will miss it.

17

#18 Roc-A-Fella_1

Roc-A-Fella_1

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 410828
  • Joined: 02/02/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:18 PM

 mallrat, on 09 August 2016 - 10:08 PM, said:

Something I found interesting is Nike has received 3 letters from the USGA basically saying this ball is still conforming but barely. If I remember the numbers right 5.17 or 5.2 is the max something or rather to be conforming and 3 separate occasions the RZN tour Black reached like 5.14 which automatically triggers a letter. Figured I could let that slip now all things considered.

Love the RZn Tour Black. Will miss it.

Pardon my ignorance, but what do those numbers represent?

18

#19 keith723

keith723

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,822 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16361
  • Joined: 07/15/2006
  • Location:Phoenix
GolfWRX Likes : 170

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:25 PM

 TravisG, on 09 August 2016 - 10:04 PM, said:

 onafriday, on 09 August 2016 - 01:36 PM, said:

I was a ProV1x guy for a while, and then maybe 2 years ago tried a bunch of balls (based on recommendations from these boards), and landed on the RZN Platinum and the Snell.  

After some more testing recently, I landed on the RZN Black.  It's a little firm, but it performs well off the tee and around the greens.  Certainly spins favorably off the big dog.  

So now i'm left either hoarding RZN Black, which i'm willing to do, but I thought it'd be a good time to snag some sleeves and see what else is out there.  

I'm looking to try (again):
  • ProV1x
  • The 330/330s from Bridgestone
  • Chrome Soft
  • ???
I'm looking for recommendations from guys that maybe liked the RZN Black, and might be able to recommend comparable balls.

Thanks


I was playing the TPx for most of this year and just switched to the rzn black right before the nike news. The RZN black spins noticeably less off both the driver and irons, I was ballooning the tpx with the driver and I suspect the rzn black spins 200-500 hundred rpm less (just perfect for me). Off the irons I would spin a 7 iron back a couple of feet with the tpx, whereas the rzn black is more of a one hop and stop, maybe  couple of feet release after the first hop if the green is firm.

Prov1x is more similar to the tpx for me. I used to play z star XVs so might give those a try, always felt they spin a little less than prov1x and tpx. Haven't tried the b330 yet so can't give any feedback on that..

Short answer is, if you have a higher spin setup / swing and the rzn black is perfect for you... you might be SOL unless you hoard up! Also rzn black was the best out of tpx and prov1x in the wind....

How is the green side short game spin with the RZN Black compared to TPX?
Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9*, Aldila RIP Alpha 70x @ 45"
Callaway Epic 15*, Mitsubishi Fubuki K 70x
PING i15 Hybrid 20*, Aldila RIP Alpha Hybrid 85x
Callaway Apex Pro 16 (4-PW), KBS Tour-V 120x
Callaway Apex MB 18 (GW), DG S-300
Callaway MD4 RAW 54S, 60S, DG S-300
Bettinardi Signature Series 8, 35"

19

#20 TravisG

TravisG

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 297633
  • Joined: 02/18/2014
  • Location:Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:03 PM

 keith723, on 09 August 2016 - 10:25 PM, said:

 TravisG, on 09 August 2016 - 10:04 PM, said:

 onafriday, on 09 August 2016 - 01:36 PM, said:

I was a ProV1x guy for a while, and then maybe 2 years ago tried a bunch of balls (based on recommendations from these boards), and landed on the RZN Platinum and the Snell.  

After some more testing recently, I landed on the RZN Black.  It's a little firm, but it performs well off the tee and around the greens.  Certainly spins favorably off the big dog.  

So now i'm left either hoarding RZN Black, which i'm willing to do, but I thought it'd be a good time to snag some sleeves and see what else is out there.  

I'm looking to try (again):
  • ProV1x
  • The 330/330s from Bridgestone
  • Chrome Soft
  • ???
I'm looking for recommendations from guys that maybe liked the RZN Black, and might be able to recommend comparable balls.

Thanks


I was playing the TPx for most of this year and just switched to the rzn black right before the nike news. The RZN black spins noticeably less off both the driver and irons, I was ballooning the tpx with the driver and I suspect the rzn black spins 200-500 hundred rpm less (just perfect for me). Off the irons I would spin a 7 iron back a couple of feet with the tpx, whereas the rzn black is more of a one hop and stop, maybe  couple of feet release after the first hop if the green is firm.

Prov1x is more similar to the tpx for me. I used to play z star XVs so might give those a try, always felt they spin a little less than prov1x and tpx. Haven't tried the b330 yet so can't give any feedback on that..

Short answer is, if you have a higher spin setup / swing and the rzn black is perfect for you... you might be SOL unless you hoard up! Also rzn black was the best out of tpx and prov1x in the wind....

How is the green side short game spin with the RZN Black compared to TPX?

The black (2014 I have been playing, not the tour)... does lack a bit here compared to the TPx imo. I found the prov1x to have the most bite, tpx a close second, black third. Some of this is the varied lies etc......, in controlled practice I found them close just a bit less spin with the rzn black. Enough to require that I change my landing targets which I do not change with prov1x/tpx.

WITB

Callaway GBB Epic 10.5 rogue i/o 60x
Titleist 910f 15 degrees Rip a 80 Stiff
Titleist 909h 24 degree stiff
Ping IE 4-UW, Recoil 125 F4 (stiff)
Ping GLIDE 56 WS Recoil 125 F4
Callaway PM Grind 60 KBS tour V Wedge
Odyssey Protype Tour #9 / TM Ghost Spider Tour (black)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 mallrat

mallrat

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122361
  • Joined: 02/15/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 1404

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:04 PM

 Roc-A-Fella_1, on 09 August 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

 mallrat, on 09 August 2016 - 10:08 PM, said:

Something I found interesting is Nike has received 3 letters from the USGA basically saying this ball is still conforming but barely. If I remember the numbers right 5.17 or 5.2 is the max something or rather to be conforming and 3 separate occasions the RZN tour Black reached like 5.14 which automatically triggers a letter. Figured I could let that slip now all things considered.

Love the RZn Tour Black. Will miss it.

Pardon my ignorance, but what do those numbers represent?

From my understanding and to put it in terms of clubs, if it went over the number it would be too hot. So at the same speed with the same face contact the Nike will go further than the other premium balls.

The test is done with the robot that swings a club (forget the name) and they test every golf ball multiple times in a year.

21

#22 Sunster

Sunster

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338669
  • Joined: 09/09/2014
  • Location:Ottawa
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:18 PM

 m15sports, on 09 August 2016 - 09:00 PM, said:

The OG RZN black can be found new for $20 a dozen still online if you look hard enough, just bought 10 dozen.   Can't help but hoard these babies!  By far my favorite ball, even more so than this years version.  Great all around ball.
Where did you find these?
Taylormade M2 Driver Hzrdus Red
Callaway X2Hot with Aldila Tour Blue 4 wood
Ping G25 20*, 23* hybrids,
Srixon Z545 5-A irons in Nippon Pro 8950GH
Cleveland 588 RTX-3 CB 54* & 58*
Odyssey White Damascus #9HT

22

#23 Roc-A-Fella_1

Roc-A-Fella_1

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 410828
  • Joined: 02/02/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 10 August 2016 - 12:44 AM

 mallrat, on 09 August 2016 - 11:04 PM, said:

 Roc-A-Fella_1, on 09 August 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

 mallrat, on 09 August 2016 - 10:08 PM, said:

Something I found interesting is Nike has received 3 letters from the USGA basically saying this ball is still conforming but barely. If I remember the numbers right 5.17 or 5.2 is the max something or rather to be conforming and 3 separate occasions the RZN tour Black reached like 5.14 which automatically triggers a letter. Figured I could let that slip now all things considered.

Love the RZn Tour Black. Will miss it.

Pardon my ignorance, but what do those numbers represent?

From my understanding and to put it in terms of clubs, if it went over the number it would be too hot. So at the same speed with the same face contact the Nike will go further than the other premium balls.

The test is done with the robot that swings a club (forget the name) and they test every golf ball multiple times in a year.

Henrik Stenson? I mean Iron Byron?

23

#24 m15sports

m15sports

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 435610
  • Joined: 08/07/2016
  • Location:Jenison, MI
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 10 August 2016 - 07:05 PM

 Sunster, on 09 August 2016 - 11:18 PM, said:

 m15sports, on 09 August 2016 - 09:00 PM, said:

The OG RZN black can be found new for $20 a dozen still online if you look hard enough, just bought 10 dozen.   Can't help but hoard these babies!  By far my favorite ball, even more so than this years version.  Great all around ball.
Where did you find these?

http://www.puetzgolf.com/

24

#25 chippa13

chippa13

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 394742
  • Joined: 09/04/2015
  • Location:NH
GolfWRX Likes : 1450

Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:08 PM

Was just given a gift of a dozen Tour Platinums, can't wait to try them out this weekend.


25

#26 Sunster

Sunster

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338669
  • Joined: 09/09/2014
  • Location:Ottawa
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:15 PM

 m15sports, on 10 August 2016 - 07:05 PM, said:

 Sunster, on 09 August 2016 - 11:18 PM, said:

 m15sports, on 09 August 2016 - 09:00 PM, said:

The OG RZN black can be found new for $20 a dozen still online if you look hard enough, just bought 10 dozen.   Can't help but hoard these babies!  By far my favorite ball, even more so than this years version.  Great all around ball.
Where did you find these?

http://www.puetzgolf.com/
Thanks. Unfortunately delivery charge to send to Canada negates any advantage of this sale
Taylormade M2 Driver Hzrdus Red
Callaway X2Hot with Aldila Tour Blue 4 wood
Ping G25 20*, 23* hybrids,
Srixon Z545 5-A irons in Nippon Pro 8950GH
Cleveland 588 RTX-3 CB 54* & 58*
Odyssey White Damascus #9HT

26

#27 danielryanw

danielryanw

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 401790
  • Joined: 11/04/2015
  • Location:PA
GolfWRX Likes : 157

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:55 PM

I believe your premium tour "X" balls are all going to play the same. Higher swing speed players are going to get similar results with all of them and it pretty much comes down to feel and durability.
The B330/330s and Srixon Z Star XV are going to probably feel the closest to the Black. The ProV1X, TPx and Pro+ is going to feel softer.
The chrome soft is a completely different feel.

I think the guys who really like the black would really like the Z Star XV the most. I think it's one of the most underrated balls. You can find them for good prices right now. FYI: The newest model of the XVs have the box with the lines going diagonally in the upper left corner and the markings on the ball are arrows like this
<= Z-Star XV =>

Edited by danielryanw, 11 August 2016 - 06:57 PM.

M3 8.5*  |  Synergy Black Proto 70tx
M2 T3 13* DF  |  Tensei Pro Blue 80tx
P790 2 UDI 17*  |  Tensei Pro White Hy 90tx
'17 M1 20* hybrid  |  UST VTS Black 100hx
P790 5-PW  |  PX 6.5
SM7  50*F  54*S  58*D  |  S400 TI Onyx
Spider Tour Black

27

#28 WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic

    Wizard in the Corner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,233 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425856
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 2220

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:33 PM

B330/S
Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
Cobra F7 15.5*
Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
Mizuno MPH5 4i
Mizuno MP33 5-PW
Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
Taylormade TPx

28

#29 YoungJedi

YoungJedi

    Major Winner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 367691
  • Joined: 03/23/2015
  • Location:Edina, Mn
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 594

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:37 PM

Bridgestone Tour B330 and you'll never go back

29

#30 WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic

    Wizard in the Corner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,233 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425856
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 2220

Posted 11 August 2016 - 08:58 PM

 tjchamp, on 11 August 2016 - 07:37 PM, said:

Bridgestone Tour B330 and you'll never go back

Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
Cobra F7 15.5*
Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
Mizuno MPH5 4i
Mizuno MP33 5-PW
Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
Taylormade TPx

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors