Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 4 votes

Evnroll Putters-- Amazing!!!


896 replies to this topic

#811 costby

costby

    Choas

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22088
  • Joined: 11/23/2006
  • Location:Canyon River G.C
  • Ebay ID:costby08
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:27 AM

View PostTzoid, on 29 September 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

View PostArmour248, on 29 September 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

View PostTzoid, on 29 September 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

The counter balance weighting and overall weight will make me completely change my putt stroke so yes....  Call me crazy.   I shot 80 and took 40 bucks from my buddies so don't get me wrong I think the putter is top quality.  I'm just not ready to get over every putt and stress about my distance control.

I hear you on the counter balancing part.  I'm looking at buying an ER5 but I'll probably put a regular weight grip on it.

   The ER-1 I purchased from another WRX member was a 35" with a 370 gram head with the red rubber Evnroll grip so I think it was a custom fitted putter since the 370 gram head is for a 34" putter.  I pulled the grip and found a counter weight plug in the shaft before i cut it down to 34" .

Before I took off an inch it was E-5 Swing weight now it's C7 ish
By no means do I want to rain on your parade but you just hacked the whole premise to a great putter.  If you have read anything at all on these putters you would have seen video reviews and more that tell you the reason for each weight of the putter heads as well as the counterweight reason.  I just would ask one question.  Would you hack up a scotty that was brand new?

KING LTD PRO Driver & KING LTD 3 Wood Stock Stiff shafts and length
PING e1 Irons 5-PW and PING Glide SS 48,52,56,TS60 all with Stock Length and Black Lie angle with Nippon Modus 105 Stiff shafts
Odyssey 2 ball Fang Putter with Superstroke Pistol 1.0 Grip and Nike RZN Tour Platinum Ball

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#812 Tzoid

Tzoid

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5124
  • Joined: 08/14/2005
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:twallermizman
GolfWRX Likes : 177

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:58 PM

View Postcostby, on 30 September 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

View PostTzoid, on 29 September 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

View PostArmour248, on 29 September 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

View PostTzoid, on 29 September 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

The counter balance weighting and overall weight will make me completely change my putt stroke so yes....  Call me crazy.   I shot 80 and took 40 bucks from my buddies so don't get me wrong I think the putter is top quality.  I'm just not ready to get over every putt and stress about my distance control.

I hear you on the counter balancing part.  I'm looking at buying an ER5 but I'll probably put a regular weight grip on it.

   The ER-1 I purchased from another WRX member was a 35" with a 370 gram head with the red rubber Evnroll grip so I think it was a custom fitted putter since the 370 gram head is for a 34" putter.  I pulled the grip and found a counter weight plug in the shaft before i cut it down to 34" .

Before I took off an inch it was E-5 Swing weight now it's C7 ish
By no means do I want to rain on your parade but you just hacked the whole premise to a great putter.  If you have read anything at all on these putters you would have seen video reviews and more that tell you the reason for each weight of the putter heads as well as the counterweight reason.  I just would ask one question.  Would you hack up a scotty that was brand new?

  If you really knew what you were talking about you would know that the 370 gram head is designed for a 34" putter.  The putter I bought used apparently was made for someone that specifically wanted a E5 swing weight putter at 35".  I called Evnroll and spoke to Justin and he confirmed this was most likely the case.  

             So yes....I know what I did and what I'm talking about....  Maybe check your info before posting...

        This may help.

ER1 Blade – a classic heel and toe weighted flange blade.

Specifications:
• CNC Milled in Carlsbad, California USA
• Head Material – 303 stainless steel
• Color – Silver satin finish
• Shaft Lengths & Head Weights– 35’@355g, 34”@370g, 33”@385g
• Face Loft – 2 degrees from the shaft
• Lie Angle – 70 degrees
• Stock Grip – Custom EVNROLL non-taper 1.2
• Length – Measured from center of leading edge to butt
• Balance – 30 degrees toe down
• Shaft – FST stepless, .370” tip
• Shafting – Single bend mounted directly into the head

Texan raised in Maryland
ONOFF Kuro 4-PW Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120S
Ping G Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 60
Ping Anser 3 & 5 Wood  G25 Hybrid
Vokey SM6 50, 54 & 58 degree wedges
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Titleist Pro V-1X

2

#813 kgeorge78

kgeorge78

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,396 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71845
  • Joined: 01/03/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 466

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:01 PM

My ER5 is definitely cooling off - I still don't miss the short ones but having a heck of a time on the right to left putts - I just play too much break and it wasn't a problem with my newport.

I cant get it lined up on the hook putts

3

#814 kejoal11

kejoal11

    IYAOYAS!!!!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 815 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21951
  • Joined: 11/18/2006
  • Location:Chula Vista, CA
  • Handicap:4.3
GolfWRX Likes : 228

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:14 PM

I got the ER5 coming from bettinardi qb6.  I loved my bettinardi but I am putting so much better with the ER5.  I have always played blade putters so going to a fang/mallet type putter was an adjustment I had to make but I cant argue with the results.

Edited by kejoal11, 01 October 2017 - 09:16 PM.

In My Bag
TM M2 Fujikura Motore Speeder TSX 6.2
TM SLDR TP 3W Fujikura Motore Speeder TSX 8.3
TM SLDR TP 2H Matrix Black Tie 95HX
TM P790 3-PW Modus 120X
Mizuno S5 50, 54 Modus 125 Wedge
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB/TP5X

#insideTMAG 2013

4

#815 Tricky Starr

Tricky Starr

    TStarr

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395136
  • Joined: 09/08/2015
  • Location:Thelwall
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:50 PM

Hi all - having read all your posts prior to testing and then buying an Evnroll, firstly thanks, and secondly my 2penny worth.
Moving from a Scotty Fastback - Scotty was a big investment so not tempted lightly - found over the last 30 yrs that I like a mallet, and the more half cup shaped the better - ER-8 or 7 seem made for me - always used 35" shafts, but 34" about all you can get over here, and maybe it was time to join the modern trend - Picked up an ER-8 and spent several hours on putting green, and just had first round in pretty damp conditions, but first impressions are very impressive - feel is a little strange, weight distribution and larger grip to blame. but you can tell the roll is smoother and more immediate - I don't really think about distance, leave that to to the auto pilot, but even with the change in feel and length of shaft, nearly every length put was within 18 inches of the hole, and for first time I can remember, they were all up to or past the hole - possibly a little less turn on the ball, which might be due to the better rolling, so I was tending to over borrow - couple of long ones went in, and it was as though they poured themselves into the hole, hugging the ground all the way - so looking forward to getting to master this instrument - recommending to all at club to check them out, though not easy to come by yet.  Only downside is the white head cover - fine for your sunny dry climates, but here in N West England with Autumn and Winter approaching, I have switched it for a dark Scotty Select headcover - all the better for fooling light fingered types into thinking I only have a Scotty!!!  Will let you know if hit a problem, but early impressions are that Mr Rife is onto a winner here, and I doff my cap to him.


5

#816 carn9698

carn9698

    carn9698

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87353
  • Joined: 07/03/2009
  • Location:Manchester England
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 1125

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:11 AM

View Postosubuckeyes691, on 29 September 2017 - 07:10 AM, said:

I actually just spoke to Justin from Evnroll about this yesterday. The top picture if the first version of the ER5. More of a high pitched "ting" sound. The bottom picture, without "303 SS" is the newer version which has a more muted sound.

I actually have one of the first version models and am looking to trade it for another model if anyone is interested!

View PostArmour248, on 27 September 2017 - 08:00 PM, said:

Noticed some don't even have the big block "ER5" on the bottom. Must be a version change. Which ones are newer though?  Pictures below...

Posted Image

Posted Image
I have the old ER5 version. Unless you think about it, trust me the sound matters not a jot.
XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y  
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove

6

#817 ImChrisBosh

ImChrisBosh

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 453422
  • Joined: 01/30/2017
  • Location:California
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:13 PM

Just picked up an ER2, pretty excited to come share my results once it arrives

7

#818 lolo_head

lolo_head

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 409612
  • Joined: 01/22/2016
  • Location:Pasadena, CA
  • Handicap:15.8
  • Ebay ID:lrao6
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:10 PM

Had another 2x-putt (29) round yesterday.  These are ho-hum now.  

Only issue is lag-putting.  My last 5 3-putts were all due to a crap 1st putt.

Love my ER1, probably just need to change the (factory) grip.
Ping G400 LST 9.0* | Regio B 65S
Ping G 14.5* 3W | Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.3S
Callaway XR 19* 3H | Fujikura Speeder 80 HBS
Mizuno JPX 850 forged 4-GW | Modus 3 120S
Mizuno S5 55*, 60* | Modus 125 Wedge
Evnroll ER1

8

#819 psapitch13

psapitch13

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80739
  • Joined: 04/21/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:48 PM

Got fit by Justin at EVNROLL for a new ER5 (I had an ER2 previously).  Highly recommend going in to see them!

9

#820 Masse1369

Masse1369

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54564
  • Joined: 04/27/2008
  • Location:Southeast, USA
GolfWRX Likes : 263

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:58 AM

View PostTzoid, on 30 September 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

View Postcostby, on 30 September 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

View PostTzoid, on 29 September 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

View PostArmour248, on 29 September 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

View PostTzoid, on 29 September 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

The counter balance weighting and overall weight will make me completely change my putt stroke so yes....  Call me crazy.   I shot 80 and took 40 bucks from my buddies so don't get me wrong I think the putter is top quality.  I'm just not ready to get over every putt and stress about my distance control.

I hear you on the counter balancing part.  I'm looking at buying an ER5 but I'll probably put a regular weight grip on it.

   The ER-1 I purchased from another WRX member was a 35" with a 370 gram head with the red rubber Evnroll grip so I think it was a custom fitted putter since the 370 gram head is for a 34" putter.  I pulled the grip and found a counter weight plug in the shaft before i cut it down to 34" .

        Before I took off an inch it was E-5 Swing weight now it's C7 ish
By no means do I want to rain on your parade but you just hacked the whole premise to a great putter.  If you have read anything at all on these putters you would have seen video reviews and more that tell you the reason for each weight of the putter heads as well as the counterweight reason.  I just would ask one question.  Would you hack up a scotty that was brand new?

  If you really knew what you were talking about you would know that the 370 gram head is designed for a 34" putter.  The putter I bought used apparently was made for someone that specifically wanted a E5 swing weight putter at 35".  I called Evnroll and spoke to Justin and he confirmed this was most likely the case.  

             So yes....I know what I did and what I'm talking about....  Maybe check your info before posting...

        This may help.

ER1 Blade – a classic heel and toe weighted flange blade.

Specifications:
• CNC Milled in Carlsbad, California USA
• Head Material – 303 stainless steel
• Color – Silver satin finish
• Shaft Lengths & Head Weights– 35’@355g, 34”@370g, 33”@385g
• Face Loft – 2 degrees from the shaft
• Lie Angle – 70 degrees
• Stock Grip – Custom EVNROLL non-taper 1.2
• Length – Measured from center of leading edge to butt
• Balance – 30 degrees toe down
• Shaft – FST stepless, .370” tip
• Shafting – Single bend mounted directly into the head


So you took a counter weight out which helps decrease SW, cut it down an inch and you dropped almost 20 points in SW? And you think with a 370g head and 34” you are at C7? Lol I love this site.

TM M2 (2016) 9.5° TourSPX VTS Black 7S
Titleist 915F 15° Fuji 8.1 Stiff
Titleist 816 H1 19° D+ 90 Stiff
Srixon Z745 4-PW Tour V Stiff
Cleveland RTX-3 52°, 56° & 60° TTDG Wedge
Evnroll ER2
http://www.golfwrx.c...8#entry11870918

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#821 JDFish

JDFish

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135069
  • Joined: 08/03/2011
  • Location:Pickerington, Ohio
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 93

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:46 PM

View PostTricky Starr, on 08 October 2017 - 06:50 PM, said:

Hi all - having read all your posts prior to testing and then buying an Evnroll, firstly thanks, and secondly my 2penny worth.
Moving from a Scotty Fastback - Scotty was a big investment so not tempted lightly - found over the last 30 yrs that I like a mallet, and the more half cup shaped the better - ER-8 or 7 seem made for me - always used 35" shafts, but 34" about all you can get over here, and maybe it was time to join the modern trend - Picked up an ER-8 and spent several hours on putting green, and just had first round in pretty damp conditions, but first impressions are very impressive - feel is a little strange, weight distribution and larger grip to blame. but you can tell the roll is smoother and more immediate - I don't really think about distance, leave that to to the auto pilot, but even with the change in feel and length of shaft, nearly every length put was within 18 inches of the hole, and for first time I can remember, they were all up to or past the hole - possibly a little less turn on the ball, which might be due to the better rolling, so I was tending to over borrow - couple of long ones went in, and it was as though they poured themselves into the hole, hugging the ground all the way - so looking forward to getting to master this instrument - recommending to all at club to check them out, though not easy to come by yet.  Only downside is the white head cover - fine for your sunny dry climates, but here in N West England with Autumn and Winter approaching, I have switched it for a dark Scotty Select headcover - all the better for fooling light fingered types into thinking I only have a Scotty!!!  Will let you know if hit a problem, but early impressions are that Mr Rife is onto a winner here, and I doff my cap to him.

It took me about a month to get the hang of my ER8, coming from a SC Circa 62 No. 1.  I ordered a 2nd headcover from Evnroll to have for good weather or after the first one gets trashed.
Callaway Epic 9.0 Adila Rogue Max 65S
Callaway XR 14.5*
Callaway XR 5 wood
Titleist 913H 21* hybrid
Ping i200 Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 105S - 4-UW
Titleist Vokey SM6 54* S200
Evnroll ER8 33"

11

#822 Tzoid

Tzoid

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5124
  • Joined: 08/14/2005
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:twallermizman
GolfWRX Likes : 177

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:07 AM

This was a typo....    Before I took off an inch it was E-5 Swing weight now it's C7 ish  .... I'ts  D7  NOT C7  and I didn't take the counter weight out.

Edited by Tzoid, 11 October 2017 - 10:08 AM.

Texan raised in Maryland
ONOFF Kuro 4-PW Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120S
Ping G Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 60
Ping Anser 3 & 5 Wood  G25 Hybrid
Vokey SM6 50, 54 & 58 degree wedges
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Titleist Pro V-1X

12

#823 Tzoid

Tzoid

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5124
  • Joined: 08/14/2005
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:twallermizman
GolfWRX Likes : 177

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:17 AM

Have a look ....  7.14 in is useful

https://www.youtube....Mxm5j8fM&t=847s
Texan raised in Maryland
ONOFF Kuro 4-PW Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120S
Ping G Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 60
Ping Anser 3 & 5 Wood  G25 Hybrid
Vokey SM6 50, 54 & 58 degree wedges
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Titleist Pro V-1X

13

#824 Masse1369

Masse1369

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54564
  • Joined: 04/27/2008
  • Location:Southeast, USA
GolfWRX Likes : 263

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:40 AM

View PostTzoid, on 11 October 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

Have a look ....  7.14 in is useful

https://www.youtube....Mxm5j8fM&t=847s

I enjoyed that video, thanks for posting.  After I posted that I thought maybe it was a typo but still wanted to call you out on it. :tongue:
TM M2 (2016) 9.5° TourSPX VTS Black 7S
Titleist 915F 15° Fuji 8.1 Stiff
Titleist 816 H1 19° D+ 90 Stiff
Srixon Z745 4-PW Tour V Stiff
Cleveland RTX-3 52°, 56° & 60° TTDG Wedge
Evnroll ER2
http://www.golfwrx.c...8#entry11870918

14

#825 GFF_1025Boron

GFF_1025Boron

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477524
  • Joined: 08/03/2017
  • Location:Manchester UK
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:40 AM

View Postthecraw, on 22 September 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

View PostGFF_1025Boron, on 22 September 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

View Postthecraw, on 21 September 2017 - 09:02 AM, said:

I'll buck the trend here. Bought an Evnroll ER6 in red and hated it. Really can't explain why but I just didn't feel the love at all. I rolled the black one in store and really liked it.

The Red, well for whatever reason it never suited my eye and I disliked the look and feel of it from the off. I also thought the grip was horrible. Just too big and clumsy and the ridge to pronounced.

Crawford, long time no see. Good to see you are still playing.

I have had an ER1 for a year now, which is a personal best by some distance.. They're no substitute for technique but when you use them properly the roll is so pure.

You still @ WKGC?

Dundonald now.

A million times better.

Drop me a message if you ever in the area.

Was up there 18 months ago, at a meet Fabian arranged, and really enjoyed the course.

Will likely take you up on the offer next time I'm in the area, be good to catch up.

Obviously still reciprocated should you ever venture South!

Manchester Golf Club & Club Golff Conwy

15

#826 Tzoid

Tzoid

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5124
  • Joined: 08/14/2005
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:twallermizman
GolfWRX Likes : 177

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

View PostMasse1369, on 11 October 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

View PostTzoid, on 11 October 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

Have a look ....  7.14 in is useful

https://www.youtube....Mxm5j8fM&t=847s

I enjoyed that video, thanks for posting.  After I posted that I thought maybe it was a typo but still wanted to call you out on it. :tongue:


  Thanks for doing that...  I must have had a few beers not to catch that .
Texan raised in Maryland
ONOFF Kuro 4-PW Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120S
Ping G Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 60
Ping Anser 3 & 5 Wood  G25 Hybrid
Vokey SM6 50, 54 & 58 degree wedges
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Titleist Pro V-1X

16

#827 Armour248

Armour248

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 222589
  • Joined: 01/18/2013
  • Location:Chicago
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:27 AM

View Postcarn9698, on 09 October 2017 - 02:11 AM, said:

I have the old ER5 version. Unless you think about it, trust me the sound matters not a jot.

I actually have both versions right now.  I'll test them both today and compare the sound level...but honestly the newer version still seemed pretty loud to me when I used it yesterday.  I doubt the volume of the "ting" on the old version is going to be so significantly louder that it makes a difference to me.  My guess is that there's going to be a distinct and audible noise with the ER5 no matter what version you have.  Just have to decide whether it bothers you or not.  If the putter performs that much better than it's probably a non-issue...but it's definitely not a great sounding putter imo

17

#828 ImChrisBosh

ImChrisBosh

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 453422
  • Joined: 01/30/2017
  • Location:California
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:51 PM

Evnroll ER2 just arrived and it's so pure... can't wait to play this week

18

#829 Tzoid

Tzoid

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5124
  • Joined: 08/14/2005
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:twallermizman
GolfWRX Likes : 177

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:55 PM

View PostImChrisBosh, on 11 October 2017 - 01:51 PM, said:

Evnroll ER2 just arrived and it's so pure... can't wait to play this week

Get out and practice longer lag putts  15-20 Plus feet... :)
Texan raised in Maryland
ONOFF Kuro 4-PW Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120S
Ping G Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 60
Ping Anser 3 & 5 Wood  G25 Hybrid
Vokey SM6 50, 54 & 58 degree wedges
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Titleist Pro V-1X

19

#830 osubuckeyes691

osubuckeyes691

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50214
  • Joined: 02/28/2008
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:1.4
GolfWRX Likes : 62

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:26 PM

http://www.golfnatio...-dunhill-links/

I think Evnroll is really losing some customers by not providing the black finish as well as different neck options. In addition to the plumbers neck, it looks like some of the mallets have double bend shafts.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#831 Jab3384

Jab3384

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 318427
  • Joined: 06/02/2014
  • Location:SoCal
  • Handicap:??
GolfWRX Likes : 148

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:34 PM

Starting to get some PGA action...

21

#832 lowheel

lowheel

    LOWHEEL

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193008
  • Joined: 07/18/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 1595

Posted 05 November 2017 - 01:07 AM

Lots of guys are using them on the mini tours. its a great product

22

#833 Homerun2Birdie

Homerun2Birdie

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 408438
  • Joined: 01/11/2016
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 332

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:36 PM

Excited for these guys. Like many WRX'ers I buy, sell, and trade an unfortunately large volume of equipment. 2017 was a year of purging for me. Needed to clean out the closet of clubs and commit to a consistent bag.

While I may not being playing it currently I recognized the quality and effectiveness of my ER2. It is the only club not currently in my bag that I didn't sell off in 2017. Have no doubt I will go back to it at some point when I need to look down at something new.
- TM

DRIVER: '17 TaylorMade M2 9.5°– Fujikura ATMOS Blue 7X
3 WOOD: TaylorMade M2 Tour 15°– Fujikura ATMOS Blue 8X
5 WOOD: Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5° - Aldila Tour Green 95 X-Stiff
3 IRON: Callaway Apex UT 21° - N.S. PRO Modus³ Tour 130 X-Stiff
IRONS (4-P): Cobra King Pro - N.S. PRO Modus³ Tour 130 X-Stiff
WEDGES: Scor 4161 52° + Vokey Low Bounce K 58° - N.S. PRO Modus³ Tour 130 X-Stiff
PUTTER: Odyssey Versa Rossie

23

#834 Masse1369

Masse1369

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54564
  • Joined: 04/27/2008
  • Location:Southeast, USA
GolfWRX Likes : 263

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:07 AM

If anyone needs advice on selecting a model, please PM me.  I picked these up as an account.  Digging my ER2.
TM M2 (2016) 9.5° TourSPX VTS Black 7S
Titleist 915F 15° Fuji 8.1 Stiff
Titleist 816 H1 19° D+ 90 Stiff
Srixon Z745 4-PW Tour V Stiff
Cleveland RTX-3 52°, 56° & 60° TTDG Wedge
Evnroll ER2
http://www.golfwrx.c...8#entry11870918

24

#835 bcflyguy1

bcflyguy1

    Enjoying my coffee...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120229
  • Joined: 01/08/2011
  • Location:My own kind of paradise
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 959

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:45 AM

View PostMasse1369, on 07 November 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

If anyone needs advice on selecting a model, please PM me.  I picked these up as an account.  Digging my ER2.

Just ordered an ER2 with my favorite length, lie, and loft.  Looking forward to it.

Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right.
WITB Link

25

#836 MrFlapjack

MrFlapjack

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46436
  • Joined: 01/19/2008
  • Location:SK
  • Handicap:3.6
GolfWRX Likes : 533

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:01 PM

Can anyone compare the EVNROLL #8 to the Cleveland #6?
Cobra LTD Pro HZRDUS 75g 6.5
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Adams Tight Lies 3, 4 hybrid (SF i110 stiff)
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff, ordered i110 X to test)
YES Milly - 100gm TLP

26

#837 kidrobot

kidrobot

    Hackerman

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 377584
  • Joined: 05/26/2015
  • Location:New England
  • Handicap::(
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:07 PM

Anyone know if there's an active coupon code? Or if they plan on doing a holiday deal? Don't know if they did anything around this time last year.

27

#838 JDMRN81

JDMRN81

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 434818
  • Joined: 08/01/2016
  • Location:PA
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:46 AM

What benefit(s), if any, is there to a longer heal to toe putter?  I don't have any local access to comparing the ER1 to ER2 so would like some feedback on this.  Thanks.

Edited by JDMRN81, 12 November 2017 - 08:35 PM.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* AD TP 6s
Callaway Epic SZ 13.5* Fujikura 72s
Ping G 2H 17* Alta 70s
Srixon Z565 4-GW KBS C-Taper lite 110
Cleveland CBX 54*, 58*
Evnroll ER1 35"
Callaway Truvis Chrome Soft

28

#839 theshadow1971

theshadow1971

    Shadow

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 375724
  • Joined: 05/13/2015
  • Location:Chonburi, Thailand
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 62

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:37 AM

Actually I would be interested in that point too made by JDMRN81
The ER1 is a longer blade whilst is ER2 a shorter blade, which would be better for a a mid arc stroke.

Edited by theshadow1971, 12 November 2017 - 10:21 AM.

Srixon (asian specs)

Z545 10.5* Driver
Z F45 15* 3W
Z H45 19* 3 Hybrid
Z745 3-PW

Z745 AW@51* & SW@57*

Cleveland Classic HB 2 Black Pearl Putter
Bridgestone B330RXS

29

#840 BlackM00Nlight

BlackM00Nlight

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 422626
  • Joined: 04/26/2016
  • Location:Iowa
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 720

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:15 AM

Some variety to the consumer market with neck options and black finish would certainly help! I’d pry pick up the er2 in black and look hard at a plumbers neck model.

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver Speeder Evolution II 661X
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood Speeder Evolution II 661X
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-A wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3up)

Evnroll ER2 34" putter
Nike RZN Tour Black
Nike Performance Cart IV Black/Silver
Nike Vapor Fly Umbrella
Nike Lunar Control Vapor Black and White
Bag Boy Tri-Swivel II Push-Cart Black

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors