Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Sun Mountain 2017 bags lineup

Bags sun mountain 2017

262 replies to this topic

#241 Nic1972

Nic1972

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 350971
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 02 April 2017 - 04:53 AM

I just checked their web-site and it seems that for the C130 14-way only 4 colour ways are still available. Will they come out with some others during spring / summer? I need a new cart bag, as my Ogio falls in pieces (normal, after 8 years), and am looking for a white / blue one. Any information would be appreciated.

Driver: Nike Covert Pro 2.0 / Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Ltd 60 S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Mini-Driver: Callaway X2Hot 2-Deep / Aldila Tour Green ATX75 3.7 S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP / Matrix Ozik Rul 80 S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
DI: Adams DHY Pro (18') /  Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Hybrids: Titleist 585H (21); Adams 9031 Pro (24) / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Irons: Mizuno MP H-5 (4 Iron); Mizuno MP 4 (5 - PW) / Mitsubishi OT-I 105 S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Wedges: Mizuno MP-T11 (52 & 56); Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind (60) / KBS 610 120 / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Putter: Yes Callie & Scotty Cameron California Fastback / UST Mamiya Frequency Filtered / Golf Pride Tour SNSR 104 Pistol
Ball: Vice Pro Soft White
Glove: Footjoy Pure Touch
Shoes: Footjoy Hyperflex Boa

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#242 cccoltsicehockey

cccoltsicehockey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 456810
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:53 PM

All the colors are still available through Amazon.  I just picked up the USA one two weeks back.

#243 twgolf78

twgolf78

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 449882
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:06 PM

I have a new 2017 Four 5 and it is terrible on the clic gear..... Terrible

#244 matchavez

matchavez

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105858
GolfWRX Likes : 1390

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:20 AM

twgolf78, on 06 April 2017 - 09:06 PM, said:

Do you have the cart bag mount?
WITB, other gear, and stats
-------------------------------
http://matchavez.com/golf/

#245 twgolf78

twgolf78

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 449882
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:51 AM

matchavez, on 07 April 2017 - 02:20 AM, said:

\\

no i dont - link? Never needed one with my previous bags.

#246 matchavez

matchavez

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:36 PM

twgolf78, on 07 April 2017 - 06:51 AM, said:

matchavez, on 07 April 2017 - 02:20 AM, said:

\\

no i dont - link? Never needed one with my previous bags.

http://www.clicgearu...es_p/cgbc02.htm

#247 brianmontgomery2000

brianmontgomery2000

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90784
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 08 April 2017 - 02:47 PM

Can you elaborate?  Maybe some pics?

I'm Clic Gear 3.5 and was looking at the 4.5 LS as my likely new bag...

#248 matchavez

matchavez

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:14 AM

brianmontgomery2000, on 08 April 2017 - 02:47 PM, said:

Can you elaborate?  Maybe some pics?

I'm Clic Gear 3.5 and was looking at the 4.5 LS as my likely new bag...

There is some truth to this. You need two different addons.

First, you need the bag lifter piece. Plastic permanent snap-in. Without it, your front wheel occasionally grinds.

The other is the Velcro pads for the top. This keeps the bag from rubbing plastic to plastic, and prevents side slipping.

Finally, you have to ensure the bag holder straps fit snugly, and I suggest using the passthru cart strap hole, and then attaching the rings through the carry handlestrap. This will prevent turning and shifting.

#249 matchavez

matchavez

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:16 AM

Cozy is linked above, booster is this one:

http://www.clicgearu...ductCode=CGB001

#250 Pcola Ken

Pcola Ken

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 458582
GolfWRX Likes : 59

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:22 AM

I just loaded up a new 5.5LS.  This bag is everything that I wanted in a golf bag:

- The 11" 4-way top has plenty of room for my clubs and their midsize grips.  
- Lots of pockets for storage
- A waterproof pocket (3 actually) to keep stuff dry during our afternoon Florida rains
- Kick stand for the range and parking lot
- Cart strap slots
- Dedicated range finder pocket
- Dual straps

Even though I ride the majority of the time, I wanted a large stand bag for the lighter weight and kick stand.  There is no such thing as a perfect hybrid bag, but the 5.5LS comes really close.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#251 J-Tizzle

J-Tizzle

Beef is my spirit animal...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1530
  • Handicap:+0.4
  • Ebay ID:tumbo79
GolfWRX Likes : 447

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:00 PM

Pcola Ken, on 26 April 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

I just loaded up a new 5.5LS.  This bag is everything that I wanted in a golf bag:

- The 11" 4-way top has plenty of room for my clubs and their midsize grips.  
- Lots of pockets for storage
- A waterproof pocket (3 actually) to keep stuff dry during our afternoon Florida rains
- Kick stand for the range and parking lot
- Cart strap slots
- Dedicated range finder pocket
- Dual straps

Even though I ride the majority of the time, I wanted a large stand bag for the lighter weight and kick stand.  There is no such thing as a perfect hybrid bag, but the 5.5LS comes really close.

Totally agree.  Had my 5.5 for a few months now and love it.  I like with the big top, that I can have more than 14 clubs in the bag and they're not packed in the bag like sardines.  Plenty of room for everything you'd need day in and day out on the course.  The water bottle pocket is also placed perfectly.  My Contigo bottle fits in there perfectly when in the cart or when carrying it around.  Some of the other SM bags the water bottle slot is built for carrying only, and if you put the bag in a cart it can fall out at any time.
Ping G30 LS 9* - Ping i25 14* & 18* - Adams 9031 23* -  Ping G25 5-W  - Ping Gorge 50*, 54*, 60*-  Bobby Grace Let's Face It

Coming Soon....

Ping G400 8.5* LST - Ping i25 14* - Adams 9031 18* & 23* - Ping I200 5-W - Ping Gorge 2.0 50*, 56* (@ 55*), 60* - Bobby Grace Let's Face It.  

#252 fawley

fawley

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3167
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 146

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:33 PM

I just picked up a 4.5LS to replace my Titleist Staff stand bag.  I liked the Titleist well enough, but the legs would flop down when I carried no matter how / how often I adjusted them, and I was sick of it.  

I only want one bag.  I don't really notice an extra pound or two, so I emphasized something that had plenty of storage and had a comfortable strap system over something that is super light weight.  My rounds are probably split pretty evenly between walk and carry, walk with a caddy, and riding, so while I wanted something comfortable to walk with, I also wanted something that works well in the other situations.  I looked at the Titleist StaDry bags, Taylormade FlexTech, Ping Hoofer, and Sun Mountain 3.5 and 5.5 before deciding on the 4.5.

Things I like about it:

Looks good - I think it's a pretty good looking bag regardless, but I bought one with my club logo on it rather than the brand name, and like that it's a little more understated.

- Dividers - full length with zero club tangle

- Pockets - I think it has two additional pockets over and above the Titleist Staff stand bag - one range finder pocket and one additional pocket between the valuables pocket and the large rain gear pocket.  I've found those really useful for keeping stuff separate (sunglasses, ball markers, range finder etc) that used to get mixed up with tees and balls etc,  I also like then positioning of the bottom pocket that's on your left hand side when you carry - maybe it's was the same with the Titleist and it's just more obvious to me with this bag, but it's a great place to put my phone so I can check it and put it away quickly while I'm walking.  There's also an internal mesh pocket in the rain gear pocket that I've found useful for keeping things separate and easy to access.

- Straps - very comfortable dual strap for carrying and comes with a single strap also - appreciated by caddies carrying two bags.

- Stand - mechanism seems solid and stable, and no droop.  Also has bungies to keep legs in place for cart or push cart use.

Lot's of well thought out touches in this bag.  Two thumbs up.

#253 mguhler

mguhler

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58166
  • Handicap:1.8
  • Ebay ID:mgux3
GolfWRX Likes : 395

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:41 AM

I ordered a 4.5LS 14-way, last evening was 9 holes in my men's league and first time carrying this bag.  I had a 2014 Titleist 14-way, but one of the strap clips broke, so I had to rig that and the legs couldn't take  what I was dishing out, so it was time for a new bag.

First, they got the 14-way top right.  At the grab handle, I have my putter in the center, 3w to the left, driver to the right.  The putter/cover sit nicely since that top row is slightly lower.  Doesn't get so bunched up like the old bag.  The rest of the clubs fit nicely, and EASILY go in and out of the bag WITHOUT getting tangled up.  So I am really happy with the top.

Next, pockets.  There are a bunch and they are very well done.  Water resistant on the side for valuables/phone, just in case I play in the rain (which won't happen).  Regular soft valuables pouch on the long pocket and a spacious long pocket are what am accustom to.  Sharpie holder is at the bottom on the long pocket side.  Ball pocket is a good size, above it is the tee/pencil pocket and next to that, NEW to me, is a soft pocket for range finder.  That's clutch.  It's not mixed in with other stuff.  Water bottle holder handles my old Nalgene snuggly and the side pocket handles odds and ends.

Straps.  Dang they are padded nicely and in the right spots.  Definitely an improvement, super comfy.  Legs.  They retract ALL THE WAY.  They open flawlessly.

Finally, the weight.  It is lighter and carries super easy.  I carry 99.999% of the time and this will make lugging the team around easier.

It's a great bag, I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a full size 14-way carry bag.  Poor pics below.  I'll try to get some time and get better shots in the next few weeks.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Cally 816 DBD - Fuji Speeder Evo 757 Shiro
Cally X2 Hot Pro 15* - Aldila Tour Green
Srixon ZH45 #3 & #4 - Kuro Kage Black 70
Bridgestone J40 Cavity Backs 4-9 - Steelfiber i95s
Scratch 8620DS 47* -
Steelfiber i95s
Vokey SM6/M Brushed Copper 54* & 58*
Byron Morgan 612
WITB Link

Posted Image

#254 mmhayden13

mmhayden13

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 411118
  • Handicap:16.4
  • Ebay ID:mhayden34
GolfWRX Likes : 224

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:54 PM

mguhler, on 10 May 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

I ordered a 4.5LS 14-way, last evening was 9 holes in my men's league and first time carrying this bag.  I had a 2014 Titleist 14-way, but one of the strap clips broke, so I had to rig that and the legs couldn't take  what I was dishing out, so it was time for a new bag.

First, they got the 14-way top right.  At the grab handle, I have my putter in the center, 3w to the left, driver to the right.  The putter/cover sit nicely since that top row is slightly lower.  Doesn't get so bunched up like the old bag.  The rest of the clubs fit nicely, and EASILY go in and out of the bag WITHOUT getting tangled up.  So I am really happy with the top.

Next, pockets.  There are a bunch and they are very well done.  Water resistant on the side for valuables/phone, just in case I play in the rain (which won't happen).  Regular soft valuables pouch on the long pocket and a spacious long pocket are what am accustom to.  Sharpie holder is at the bottom on the long pocket side.  Ball pocket is a good size, above it is the tee/pencil pocket and next to that, NEW to me, is a soft pocket for range finder.  That's clutch.  It's not mixed in with other stuff.  Water bottle holder handles my old Nalgene snuggly and the side pocket handles odds and ends.

Straps.  Dang they are padded nicely and in the right spots.  Definitely an improvement, super comfy.  Legs.  They retract ALL THE WAY.  They open flawlessly.

Finally, the weight.  It is lighter and carries super easy.  I carry 99.999% of the time and this will make lugging the team around easier.

It's a great bag, I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a full size 14-way carry bag.  Poor pics below.  I'll try to get some time and get better shots in the next few weeks.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Really digging this color scheme! Kinda want to get one of these. Already have the red/white/blue but this one if growing on me big time!

#255 Willi3ja

Willi3ja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465236
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:25 AM

mguhler, on 10 May 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

Posted Image

How did you get the ball pocket embroidered? I haven't found a way to get mine off easily

#256 scrap22

scrap22

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119370
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:28 PM

Just ordered my 5.5 (orange/white) last night. Stoked! Been using the 3.5 for the past few years and its still great, but looking forward to playing  without clubs getting tangled up. Sun Mountain bags quality is great.
Callaway Epic Driver 10*  
Callaway Epic Heavenwood
Mizuno JPX 900 Hybrid 22*
Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
Mizuno S5 - 49* 52* 56* 60*
EVNROLL ER2
Vice Pro Plus / Snell MTB

#257 mguhler

mguhler

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58166
  • Handicap:1.8
  • Ebay ID:mgux3
GolfWRX Likes : 395

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:23 PM

Willi3ja, on 14 May 2017 - 03:25 AM, said:

How did you get the ball pocket embroidered? I haven't found a way to get mine off easily

My club pro had his embroidery account handle it.
Cally 816 DBD - Fuji Speeder Evo 757 Shiro
Cally X2 Hot Pro 15* - Aldila Tour Green
Srixon ZH45 #3 & #4 - Kuro Kage Black 70
Bridgestone J40 Cavity Backs 4-9 - Steelfiber i95s
Scratch 8620DS 47* -
Steelfiber i95s
Vokey SM6/M Brushed Copper 54* & 58*
Byron Morgan 612
WITB Link

Posted Image

#258 scrap22

scrap22

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119370
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:45 AM

Long time SM 3.5 user here. I got my 5.5 bag a few days ago and have had it out a couple times. I love this bag. I got the 5.5 because I ride most of the time and really wanted to eliminate club tangle. Anyone considering moving into the 5.5, you wont be disappointed. Great construction, typical SM. I was thinking I wouldnt like the X strap, but it isnt bad. Not as good as the EZ fit, but not bad. The only thing I really dont like is the see-through pocket. Why would I want others to see my stuff? Small issue. The biggest Pros for my are the rangefinder pocket, 11" opening (4 way) and the weight. Anyhow, though I would throw my 2 cents in. Love SM bags. :)
Callaway Epic Driver 10*  
Callaway Epic Heavenwood
Mizuno JPX 900 Hybrid 22*
Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
Mizuno S5 - 49* 52* 56* 60*
EVNROLL ER2
Vice Pro Plus / Snell MTB

#259 Micklejohn

Micklejohn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 471756

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:16 AM

Seems wrong that the 5.5 is considered a Hybrid yet it doesn't have a 14way top. Do people actually prefer a 4 way when they cart/ride?
I really want the 5.5 but can't accept the 4 way when I always cart/push.

#260 Micklejohn

Micklejohn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 471756

Posted 15 July 2017 - 05:04 PM

Got myself a 4.5 14 Way and couldnt be happier. At first I was worried about the size of the large pocket, but it is more than big enough to hold the rain hood and jacket. Such a well designed and constructed bag. Best bag I have owned. Works fine on the Clicgear push cart as well, no twisting at all. Although my Clicgear is the older 3.0 which has the older straps. The top strap is tight on the bag, and I can see it will damage the bag after a while. Hence I have ordered new straps, same as the ones on the 3.5 Clicgear which are longer and better adjustability.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#261 IL2AZ

IL2AZ

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221579
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:32 AM

Just picked up a 4 way 4.5 LS and couldn't be happier.  Much more club room than my old beat up Ping Voyage which makes getting clubs in and out of the bag A breeze.  A little less room in the apparel pocket but I try my best to not play in the rain anyway.  Very happy with it overall.
Taylormade M2 9.5 Fuji Speeder Evo 661 TS X
Taylormade 07 Burner TP 8.5 Rombax 6W06 S (will never sell)
Tour Issue 07 Taylormade Burner TP 14.5 Blueboard 73X
Tour Issue 07 Taylormade Burner TP 17.5 Zcom 95x
Taylormade P770 4-6, P750 7-PW Modus 120x
Vokey SM6 50F, 54S, 58M
Ping Scottsdale Anser Antique Finish Tungsten Weights to 350G
Ping Redwood Black Satin
Ping 1966 TR Anser WRX Tungsten to 360G, Starshot, Sight Dot
Scotty Cameron Tei3 Long Neck Newport

#262 MrWolf

MrWolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41616
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 5839

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:49 AM

I am a Sun Mountain loyalist and have owned four of their bags over the years. I just sold my 2016 3.5 (which was a little disappointing) and got a 4 way 4.5 LS. I absolutely love this bag. It looks phenomenal and, more importantly, has great functionality. It's also light and very well made. I'll probably post a review in due course.

Edited by MrWolf, 18 July 2017 - 03:24 PM.

///OGA Member #13 - 'The Man from Blighty'///

#263 Chunk777

Chunk777

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125004
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 114

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:30 PM

When will new bags be coming out specifically H2NO?
M1 440-M2 Tour-816H2-MP25-Vokey -Scotty -Snell MTB

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors