Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

6 months of MySwingEvolution

christo garcia myswingevolution

40 replies to this topic

#31 Golfjack

Golfjack

Where's the distance gone?

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 239545
  • Ebay ID:Conft
GolfWRX Likes : 233

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:19 AM

Thing is Christo doesn't really have a valid gimmick other than his hogan apparel.  His swing just isn't that much like Hogan's.  There's no substance behind his gimmick and while instructors need to sell, there should also be no problem of people pointing out the bad ones.  Anybody who has seen Hogan's stuff would know that he likes a fade and sets up open and the ball seems like it's more forward.  I don't know how many elements he really has implemented but if it has taken him that long to realize that setup issue then I really think he should see a teacher who teaches Hogan basics.  Though I'm not sure sure what the fascination with the Hogan swing is.  Many teachers will even go on youtube and give great tips etc fit for basically every main kind of flaw.

TM M4 Driver 10.5
TM M4 3 wood 16
4H (22) Aeroburner TP
Mizuno MP-15 4, 5 iron, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno MP-5 6-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Wedges Mizuno T7 50, 56, 60
Honma HP 1002

Alternate set:
Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9.5, Nike VR Pro 4-PW DG x100, Titleist AP2 712 DG x100 4-P, Callaway Jaws X Series CC Wedges 52 56 60, , Odyssey Arm Lock Putter, Gauge Design Eldik Putter with Superstroke Fatso 5

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

EVERYTHING'S COMING UP THRILLHOUSE!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,436 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140851
GolfWRX Likes : 5668

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:29 AM

I like Cristo, I've had conversations with him before (online) and always thought he was a nice guy who was passionate about his project. I also think the hating on his playing ability is a little over the top, he's close to 0, and has worked hard to get himself there, I commend him for that.

That being said I liked him better before he was trying to teach golf or sell instruction products. His channel was cool in a follow my journey sort of way, but I don't really think he's qualified to be going around doing clinics. Like others have said his swing hasn't changed that much, he's just gotten better at the things he does.

#33 somaplr

somaplr

Vaya con Dios, Brah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,486 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 187412
GolfWRX Likes : 1810

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:34 AM

View PostThrillhouse, on 08 June 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

I like Cristo, I've had conversations with him before (online) and always thought he was a nice guy who was passionate about his project. I also think the hating on his playing ability is a little over the top, he's close to 0, and has worked hard to get himself there, I commend him for that.

That being said I liked him better before he was trying to teach golf or sell instruction products. His channel was cool in a follow my journey sort of way, but I don't really think he's qualified to be going around doing clinics. Like others have said his swing hasn't changed that much, he's just gotten better at the things he does.

Where did you hear or say he's a 0?  Genuinely asking.
Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

#34 pinhigh27

pinhigh27

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,960 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73898
GolfWRX Likes : 2727

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:24 AM

Hes not close to 0. Closer to 10 for sure. There's videos of him shooting high 40s on dog tracks
How to be in better shape for golf?
Become a better athlete.
Don't worry about golf specific.
Compound lifts w/ linear progress
Don't forget the mobility work.
More results, more functional

Spin is not your enemy, everything is a trade-off.
17 * 1700 goes really far, but doesn't go very straight or consistent
8* 3500 goes really straight, but doesn't go very far
Answer for most is somewhere in the middle.
Pga tour driver avg launch conditions: 11* 2700

#35 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,436 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:46 PM

View Postsomaplr, on 08 June 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

He said so on his channel, I don't really have any reason not to believe him. I know a lot of people on this site seem to think you need to swing/hit it like a tour player to be a 0, but being a 0 is really not that hard. If you just shoot within +/- 2 shots of the rating half the time you're a 0, he looks like a lot of the people I see who play at that level.

But anyway I don't know the guy and don't really have a dog in this debate, if people want to believe that he sucks and is lying about his scores then go ahead.

#36 bph7

bph7

Hall of Fame

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,788 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135739
GolfWRX Likes : 2679

Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:46 PM

View PostThrillhouse, on 08 June 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

He said so on his channel, I don't really have any reason not to believe him. I know a lot of people on this site seem to think you need to swing/hit it like a tour player to be a 0, but being a 0 is really not that hard. If you just shoot within +/- 2 shots of the rating half the time you're a 0, he looks like a lot of the people I see who play at that level.

But anyway I don't know the guy and don't really have a dog in this debate, if people want to believe that he sucks and is lying about his scores then go ahead.

Watch his match with that Brandon dude. He shoots like 10 over for 9 holes on a 6000 yard course. We doubt him because his literally filmed himself playing and doesn't appear close to scratch.

#37 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,436 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:59 PM

View Postbph7, on 08 June 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

Watch his match with that Brandon dude. He shoots like 10 over for 9 holes on a 6000 yard course. We doubt him because his literally filmed himself playing and doesn't appear close to scratch.

He's filmed himself playing in other rounds and played well too though.

Also, and I say this knowing that you understand the handicap system, but a USGA handicap represents your potential, not your day in day out ability. 0 handicaps have all sorts of ranges.

But anyway, like I said, don't know the guy and I don't have a dog in this, he could be anything, but he looks like a plausible low single digit to me.

#38 northgolf

northgolf

Pork

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79459
GolfWRX Likes : 1220

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:36 PM

View PostMountainGoat, on 08 June 2017 - 06:38 AM, said:

I think you guys are all being way too hard on Cristo.  I've studied Hogan's swing since 1979, so I've got about 38 years of experience on this topic.  I've read everything there is to read and watched everything there is to watch.  Cristo's interpretation is pretty darned close.  By 100 miles, the most important aspect in my opinion is the way Hogan released the club thru the ball.  Everything else supports that fundamental move.  When Cristo talks about "push/pull", I can tell he's beginning to get to the heart of the issue.  But, there are a number of ways to accomplish this, and people get stuck in Hogan's personal solution.  It's up to the individual golfer to discover the way that best suits his fundamental swing tendencies.

Oh Man, I'm really sorry to hear that.  I hope you're a knuckle dragger, as that is the only physique that can do Hogan's swing.  Christo's problem is his arms are to short.
If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun.  - Zippy the Pinhead

#39 somaplr

somaplr

Vaya con Dios, Brah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,486 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 187412
GolfWRX Likes : 1810

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:35 PM

View PostThrillhouse, on 08 June 2017 - 06:59 PM, said:

View Postbph7, on 08 June 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

He's filmed himself playing in other rounds and played well too though.

Also, and I say this knowing that you understand the handicap system, but a USGA handicap represents your potential, not your day in day out ability. 0 handicaps have all sorts of ranges.

But anyway, like I said, don't know the guy and I don't have a dog in this, he could be anything, but he looks like a plausible low single digit to me.

Where's the link to him putting up a score in the 70's?
Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

#40 RichieHunt

RichieHunt

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,291 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 209355
GolfWRX Likes : 2674

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:23 AM

View Postnorthgolf, on 08 June 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

I think you guys are all being way too hard on Cristo.  I've studied Hogan's swing since 1979, so I've got about 38 years of experience on this topic.  I've read everything there is to read and watched everything there is to watch.  Cristo's interpretation is pretty darned close.  By 100 miles, the most important aspect in my opinion is the way Hogan released the club thru the ball.  Everything else supports that fundamental move.  When Cristo talks about "push/pull", I can tell he's beginning to get to the heart of the issue.  But, there are a number of ways to accomplish this, and people get stuck in Hogan's personal solution.  It's up to the individual golfer to discover the way that best suits his fundamental swing tendencies.

Oh Man, I'm really sorry to hear that.  I hope you're a knuckle dragger, as that is the only physique that can do Hogan's swing.  Christo's problem is his arms are to short.

Swinging more like Hogan has little to do with the length of the arms.  A friend of mine had one of the best Hogan swing impersonations I've ever seen and was of normal build for a 6 foot tall person.  He had some videos on the internet before he passed away, hopefully they are still working and I can find them.

Cristo's inability to to swing like Hogan stems from his inability to get the lower body action correct.  He's well off in that area.  And the difficult for anybody trying to replicate a close facsimile to Hogan's swing is Hogan shifted the CoP very far forward in the downswing and then fish hooked the CoP trace back which allowed him to keep rotating the pelvis.  Cristo doesn't get anywhere near the left hip flexion that Hogan had in the downswing, doesn't move anywhere near as lateral in the downswing and doesn't get the pelvic rotation nor does he get the corresponding posterior pelvic tilt.  Combine that with Hogan's grip and how he made compensations for that grip, it's a difficult swing to make a close facsmile of.

RH

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 bph7

bph7

Hall of Fame

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,788 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135739
GolfWRX Likes : 2679

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:29 AM

View Postnorthgolf, on 08 June 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

I don't think we are being hard enough on Christo. North, I think Christo's biggest issue is LOFT, then his arms imo. Remember when he brought that Dave fellow on? To this day I dunno if Christo was trolling there or not. Anyway, he's a talentless charlatan who is nowhere near Hogan. To simply state that fact isn't being hard on him, just the truth. He gets the hat close to Hogan, but that's about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors