Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

What Are You "OCD" About?


566 replies to this topic

#481 mneumann

mneumann

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94024
  • Joined: 09/08/2009
  • Location:Folsom, CA
  • Handicap:2
  • Ebay ID:ninerzfan8
GolfWRX Likes : 127

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:30 PM

View Postscagnetti, on 18 January 2018 - 05:36 AM, said:

View Postmneumann, on 17 January 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

Tees, no colors, white or natural only.

Everything except driver is hit off a broken tee. I will snap one in half if I can't find one.

Once a ball goes in a lake it's tainted. Will not take it out and hit it again. I may pull it out and throw it in my shag bag. This does not apply to balls retrievable from ob or dry hazards or those I can actually play from the water. Just once it's submerged

I will not putt with someone else's ball in the hole.

Okay... this is where MY OCD has now snapped...

I have been a faithful follower of this thread for over a year now, and this is oddly my breaking point... Because...

I find it maddening all the fuggin' broken tees on the tee box. It looks awful, looks like littering, and it annoys me where you can't pick up your fuggin' tees, ESPECIALLY if they're broken, kasi it's TRASH NOW...

I know EXACTLY why people do this. For the reason above, yes, but there's this silent covenant amongst golfers that the teeing up off a broken tee is a thing, the noble response is that they're now RECYCLING the tees...

But man alive if it just LOOKS like a giant wooden tee trash bin to me... and man if they are buried, still in the ground, I bend down and dig them out and take them over to the bin...

I know, buzzkill right?

Sorry fellas and fillies... my problem.

You will be happy to know, I don't leave my broken tee, I pick it up, put it in my pocket. I actually pick up broken tees around my tee throughout the round and put them in my pocket. At the end of the round if i still have one or two, I put them in my tee spot.

But sorry if I can find one and I'm out I'm not hitting off a whole tee unless it's driver.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#482 scagnetti

scagnetti

    Haq Attaq

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426148
  • Joined: 05/22/2016
  • Location:Philippines
GolfWRX Likes : 293

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:52 AM

View Postmneumann, on 24 January 2018 - 11:30 PM, said:

View Postscagnetti, on 18 January 2018 - 05:36 AM, said:

View Postmneumann, on 17 January 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

Tees, no colors, white or natural only.

Everything except driver is hit off a broken tee. I will snap one in half if I can't find one.

Once a ball goes in a lake it's tainted. Will not take it out and hit it again. I may pull it out and throw it in my shag bag. This does not apply to balls retrievable from ob or dry hazards or those I can actually play from the water. Just once it's submerged

I will not putt with someone else's ball in the hole.

Okay... this is where MY OCD has now snapped...

I have been a faithful follower of this thread for over a year now, and this is oddly my breaking point... Because...

I find it maddening all the fuggin' broken tees on the tee box. It looks awful, looks like littering, and it annoys me where you can't pick up your fuggin' tees, ESPECIALLY if they're broken, kasi it's TRASH NOW...

I know EXACTLY why people do this. For the reason above, yes, but there's this silent covenant amongst golfers that the teeing up off a broken tee is a thing, the noble response is that they're now RECYCLING the tees...

But man alive if it just LOOKS like a giant wooden tee trash bin to me... and man if they are buried, still in the ground, I bend down and dig them out and take them over to the bin...

I know, buzzkill right?

Sorry fellas and fillies... my problem.

You will be happy to know, I don't leave my broken tee, I pick it up, put it in my pocket. I actually pick up broken tees around my tee throughout the round and put them in my pocket. At the end of the round if i still have one or two, I put them in my tee spot.

But sorry if I can find one and I'm out I'm not hitting off a whole tee unless it's driver.

some of the better clubs and public courses have tee cones or buckets -- I saw one in Dallas that used them as the tee markers -- but if you look in them, they're either treated as ashtrays or trash bins or both. And what tee pieces you do find them are usually the (headless) stems.

FYI everybody, these are there to dispose of USED and functional tees. the lack of care a lot of players have for the course -- from the pitch marks on the green to these broken tees on the box -- is utterly senseless to me...

carry on, sorry.
Asia Bag

Sun Mountain 2015 C-130 Cart Bag
PING Anser 10* Grafalloy ProForce Blue 65-X
Callaway Bertha Mini D13* Aldila Rogue Silver 65-X
PING Anser 17* 4W Matrix Ozik XCon6-X
Wilson/Staff D-100 22*/4h  Matrix Ozik Altus 5.6-S
Wilson/Staff FG Tour M3 4-PW DG S300
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52* & 58* DG Wedge-Spinner
Never Compromise Gambler Limited 35"

2

#483 markjay1

markjay1

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465862
  • Joined: 05/01/2017
  • Location:Budapest, Hungary
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:29 AM

View PostSean2, on 19 January 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

Waxed the heads of my driver and fairway woods,

You wax your driver and woods?  I mean, my gf waxes but I've never seen a hairy golf club.  Do you leave a landing strip?

3

#484 Sean2

Sean2

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 30,077 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 17524

Posted 27 January 2018 - 11:38 AM

Lol!
Callaway Rogue
Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º
Callaway Steelhead XR 25º
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º
Callaway "O" Works #7

4

#485 vagolfnut

vagolfnut

    Rookie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68311
  • Joined: 10/27/2008
  • Location:Virginia
  • Handicap:3
  • Ebay ID:Chrisanjen64ch
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:44 AM

No shaft labels and CLEANING SAND OFF BOTTOM OF SHOES AFTER BUNKER SHOT!. Can't stand to go up to a green and see sand foot prints all over it. Take a club and just tap the side if your shoes.


5

#486 mjforn

mjforn

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 487104
  • Joined: 11/19/2017
  • Location:Chicago Area
  • Handicap:17
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:52 PM

View Postmarkjay1, on 27 January 2018 - 05:29 AM, said:

View PostSean2, on 19 January 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

Waxed the heads of my driver and fairway woods,

You wax your driver and woods?  I mean, my gf waxes but I've never seen a hairy golf club.  Do you leave a landing strip?


mmmmmmmmmm

I'll stick to iron covers......


:golfer:
Matt

Callaway GBB Epic 9*

TM M2 Graphite  R-Flex 4-AW NEW

Cleveland CBX 52*, 56*, 60*

Odyssey Works SS #1 Putter

Ammo:
K 3s
Titliest NXT s
K Sigs (in the shag bag)

6

#487 TigerWoodsIV

TigerWoodsIV

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8669
  • Joined: 12/12/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:21 PM

It's odd for me.  I'm "OCD" about a ton of things in my day to day life, but not that many when it comes to golf.  EXCEPT when I'm playing for money or in a tournament.  Then I need my ball to be perfectly clean and my clubs to look like they just came off the rack.  My bag has 14 club slots, and I'm also very particular about where the clubs are.  The bag room guys at my club don't always put them back the same, so that's the first thing I do.

7

#488 Sean2

Sean2

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 30,077 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 17524

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:33 PM

View PostTigerWoodsIV, on 16 February 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

It's odd for me.  I'm "OCD" about a ton of things in my day to day life, but not that many when it comes to golf.  EXCEPT when I'm playing for money or in a tournament.  Then I need my ball to be perfectly clean and my clubs to look like they just came off the rack.  My bag has 14 club slots, and I'm also very particular about where the clubs are.  The bag room guys at my club don't always put them back the same, so that's the first thing I do.

That is a bit odd. I don't know about others, but in my case OCD is "transferrable". :-)
Callaway Rogue
Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º
Callaway Steelhead XR 25º
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º
Callaway "O" Works #7

8

#489 RedWolfWay

RedWolfWay

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 416824
  • Joined: 03/21/2016
  • Location:Indianapolis, Ind.
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:24 AM

To all  of those that fix ball marks, fill divots, ect. and take care of the course, your staff appreciates that a TON. For me, can't stand when guys don't clean  their clubs, and one of my biggest pet peeves is guys who don't put headcovers back on clubs. Had to say something to my dads buddy on our annual trip who just let his new Cameron bounce around there unprotected...
Taylormade R1 10* Fujikura Motore Speeder 757 60X
Taylormade 2017 M1 15* Fujikura Motore Speeder 757 70X
Titleist 915 18* Diamana D+ 80S
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 3-PW Project X 6.0
Mizuno T7 52/08, 58/08 Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft X

9

#490 Sean2

Sean2

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 30,077 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 17524

Posted 30 March 2018 - 01:41 PM

View PostRedWolfWay, on 30 March 2018 - 08:24 AM, said:

To all  of those that fix ball marks, fill divots, ect. and take care of the course, your staff appreciates that a TON. For me, can't stand when guys don't clean  their clubs, and one of my biggest pet peeves is guys who don't put headcovers back on clubs. Had to say something to my dads buddy on our annual trip who just let his new Cameron bounce around there unprotected...

Yeah, I don't get that either. I have seen people with new drivers without head covers getting banged around, and also a few with Cameron's.

Callaway Rogue
Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º
Callaway Steelhead XR 25º
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º
Callaway "O" Works #7

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#491 CHuntsman

CHuntsman

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 460084
  • Joined: 03/22/2017
  • Location:Cumming, GA
  • Handicap:8.6
GolfWRX Likes : 296

Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:10 PM

When a playing partner makes a putt and leaves their ball in the cup.  I could wrap my Scotty around their face!!!

11

#492 Bob9604

Bob9604

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 467348
  • Joined: 05/12/2017
  • Location:Indiana
  • Handicap:17
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 205

Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:45 AM

View PostFerguson, on 01 July 2016 - 09:28 AM, said:

View Postyoungstructural, on 30 June 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

View PostFerguson, on 30 June 2016 - 05:08 AM, said:

View Postdicko999, on 29 June 2016 - 03:03 PM, said:

Getting frisky with yourself before a round is a recipe for bad scores.  With another person, fine.  Yourself, not so much.


I know what you mean about the solo style friskiness.  It's costly to the wallet too.  

You not only have to pay for the greens fees but you're obliged to buy dinner for yourself afterword.

It gets really awkward when I have to tell myself to take the money I left myself on the nightstand, and to lock the door on the way out.


Sometimes I tell myself to make myself a ham sandwich before leaving.

I told myself I wasn't that kind of guy but deep down I knew I was...

12

#493 Swamprat

Swamprat

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 514660
  • Joined: 10/18/2018
  • Location:New Iberia, LA
  • Handicap:18
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:10 PM

I am anal about  the location of the clubs in my bag. i can't stand to have one in the wrong compartment. As i grow older, i find i cannot tolerate chaos and anarchy in my golf bag.

13

#494 Pulledabill

Pulledabill

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 478786
  • Joined: 08/13/2017
  • Location:Keizer, OR
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:46 AM

I will only buy and carry white tees. Par 3s or irons off the box. I am good with most any tee I find on the ground.

Divots and ball marks not being repaired...



14

#495 Ferguson

Ferguson

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,916 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371587
  • Joined: 04/16/2015
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:7.1
GolfWRX Likes : 5778

Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:42 AM

You guys got problems.


15

#496 mesquite2

mesquite2

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48895
  • Joined: 02/14/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 138

Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:08 PM

I want to fix every post when a poster says further instead of farther when talking about distance, i.e. " I hit it further with this new driver"

16

#497 GolfChannel

GolfChannel

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25488
  • Joined: 02/13/2007
  • Location:Orlando, Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 309

Posted 07 November 2018 - 07:03 PM

View Postlopey986, on 29 June 2016 - 09:28 AM, said:

Fixing pitch marks. Most of the guys in the league make fun of me because i'll walk around the green fixing pitch marks. I figure this is a good thing to be anal about, though.

Ditto.
Driver: Who needs that kind of negativity in their life...
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 Degree w/Accra 182H M3
Irons: Callaway Apex CF16 Nippon Modus 120
Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, 58 & Honma TFW 62 Degree Forged
Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Taylormade TPx5

17

#498 Porker

Porker

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 467048
  • Joined: 05/10/2017
  • Location:South Australia
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:08 AM

1, partner in the buggy drives like a maniac and my clubs ding even more ( can't be considering re furbish!)
2, start with new ball, if lost a used provisional is orange for rest of the round.
3, own shadow distracts me if I can see it. Shady spot on tee box and on cloudy days I'll play out of turn if temporary shade cloud passes over.
4, grips on irons all the same ..black, no logos, original vokey grips on wedges, original grips on driver hybrid and putter
5, ball on tee.... Biggest white surface , don't want to see ball no. Or sharpy marks.
6, clean club after each shot, clubs after each round
7, watching line on others putting, will position at 2 O clock and move to 12 after partner putts!
8, tees,markers,ball,glove etc , goes in same pocket on pants ... I have 5 pockets

18

#499 senatornewsome

senatornewsome

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500694
  • Joined: 05/01/2018
  • Location:Aurora, Illinois
  • Handicap:6.3
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:35 PM

For me, my ball and putter have to be completely clean before I make a putt. I hate putting with even the slightest dirt spot on the ball. Making sure there is no dew on my putter from a wet green in the morning is another weird OCD thing for me.

19

#500 Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso

    Ooooh, that's a duff.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 497680
  • Joined: 04/01/2018
  • Location:Windoor, ON
  • Handicap:8.1
GolfWRX Likes : 146

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:46 PM

I'm not an OCD type of guy outside of golf.  Inside of golf I like to repair ball marks when I have the chance, mine and a few others.  I also like my ball to be clean. I carry a small rag in a back pocket and spit clean my ball as soon as I can pick it up.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#501 DeeBee30

DeeBee30

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 514494
  • Joined: 10/16/2018
  • Location:Chicago area
  • Handicap:10.5
GolfWRX Likes : 65

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:47 AM

1. On tees and greens, my red sharpie dot on the ball has to always face up at me (it’s my reminder to use a good tempo)

2. On par 3’s I have to use a broken tee, not a full one.  I’ll break a tee if I can’t find one.

3. Clean clubs after every shot (brush, wet towel, brush again if needed, dry towel).  I’ll do it while others are hitting or while walking or riding if needed to keep pace.

4. Clubs in proper bag divider

5. Pants pockets: no keys or wallet (in bag); right pocket = 2 balls and 2 tees, left pocket = 2 ball markers and repair tool

6. Ball markers have to be 2001 and 2003 quarters (the years my kids were born)

7. Fix at least 2 ball marks on green in addition to mine - I feel like I’m earning good golf karma

Hmmm...this has been a revealing self-assessment.
Couple of woods
OG Rescue club
Some irons
Fistful of wedges
Flat stick
Some balls
Shop Pride Evolution Striped Plastic 2-3/4" tees
Kapalua Color Magic Minuteman repair tool
2001 & 2003 state quarter ball markers

21

#502 Golfer4Life

Golfer4Life

    Bob Parsons Bodyguard, Chump!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,181 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41635
  • Joined: 11/01/2007
  • Location:Lake Placid, N.Y. Whiteface G.C.
GolfWRX Likes : 1155

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:48 AM

Clean clubs and clean shoes.
PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......

Equipment:

A bag full of PXG’s
Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009

“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

22

#503 GolfGuitarsCars

GolfGuitarsCars

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 401376
  • Joined: 10/31/2015
  • Location:Texas
  • Ebay ID:wcmallett
GolfWRX Likes : 327

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:29 AM

My golf gear, guitars and car have to be clean.

Edited by GolfGuitarsCars, 13 November 2018 - 07:23 PM.

PING G30 SF Tec 12* (Set to + 1*)
PING G SF Tec 5W
Taylormade Rescue Dual 19*
Taylormade Rescue Mid 22*
Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal 5-GW
Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0  54*/58*
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mil-Spec 34" 340g
2016 PING Hoofer

23

#504 MaineMariner

MaineMariner

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 510374
  • Joined: 08/18/2018
  • Location:Pennsylvania
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:39 AM

OCD is an actual mental illness and not a shorthand for "quirks".

Aaaaanyways... in the spirit of the thread, I have a post-round routine and don't really feel my round is fully complete until it's done. When I get home I take the insert out of my golf shoes and let them both dry in the sun. I let my clubs and any balls I picked up soak in a wash basin in my sink for 5 minutes or so while I clean out the pockets of my bag. I charge my GPS thingy and mark my balls for the next week. Then I rinse off my clubs, wipe them down, and let them air dry on the kitchen counter while I listen to a podcast and putt around on the rug in my kitchen.

It's relaxing and gives me a chance to reflect on my round.
Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy driver, 13.5 deg.
Srixon Z F45 4 wood, 17 deg.
Callaway Great Big Bertha Heavenwood, 20 deg.
Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid, 22 deg.
Cleveland Mashie 5 hybrid, 26 deg.
Mizuno JPX 850 Forged, 6 - GW
Cleveland CG16 54 deg.
Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 CB 58 deg.
Wilson Staff Infinite Michigan Avenue

24

#505 DeeBee30

DeeBee30

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 514494
  • Joined: 10/16/2018
  • Location:Chicago area
  • Handicap:10.5
GolfWRX Likes : 65

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:07 AM

View PostMaineMariner, on 11 November 2018 - 10:39 AM, said:

OCD is an actual mental illness and not a shorthand for "quirks".

Aaaaanyways... in the spirit of the thread, I have a post-round routine and don't really feel my round is fully complete until it's done. When I get home I take the insert out of my golf shoes and let them both dry in the sun. I let my clubs and any balls I picked up soak in a wash basin in my sink for 5 minutes or so while I clean out the pockets of my bag. I charge my GPS thingy and mark my balls for the next week. Then I rinse off my clubs, wipe them down, and let them air dry on the kitchen counter while I listen to a podcast and putt around on the rug in my kitchen.

It's relaxing and gives me a chance to reflect on my round.

Fair point, and I think a majority of us would agree that true OCD goes beyond what many of us are posting.  To be fair, I'd also note that the OP referred to it as "OCD" (in quotes), which is commonly accepted shorthand (rightly or wrongly) for the kinds of quirks being described.

I don't intend to flame, escalate or agitate...I just sometimes get a little "quirky" when it comes to grammar, how it's used and how it's interpreted.

Couple of woods
OG Rescue club
Some irons
Fistful of wedges
Flat stick
Some balls
Shop Pride Evolution Striped Plastic 2-3/4" tees
Kapalua Color Magic Minuteman repair tool
2001 & 2003 state quarter ball markers

25

#506 DeeBee30

DeeBee30

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 514494
  • Joined: 10/16/2018
  • Location:Chicago area
  • Handicap:10.5
GolfWRX Likes : 65

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:17 AM

View Postvagolfnut, on 13 February 2018 - 04:44 AM, said:

No shaft labels and CLEANING SAND OFF BOTTOM OF SHOES AFTER BUNKER SHOT!. Can't stand to go up to a green and see sand foot prints all over it. Take a club and just tap the side if your shoes.

vagolfnut, I just found this from earlier this year and it struck a chord with me.  I'm the same and recently played a course where I had to hit out of some muddy, red clay.  I pounded my shoes with a club and wiped them off repeatedly in the wet grass in an effort to clean them.  Thinking they were clean enough, and trying to keep up with my fellow players, I walked onto the green only to see a trail of red footprints behind me.  I was horrified!  I backtracked and tried to wipe them off again but to no avail.  I just took as few steps as I could, putted out and got off the green.  

Near the next tee, I found some nearby standing water and gave then a few good rinse/grass wipe cycles, and they finally came clean.

I'm sure I'll get lit up for posting this, but I don't know what I could have done differently.

Edited by DeeBee30, 11 November 2018 - 12:35 PM.

Couple of woods
OG Rescue club
Some irons
Fistful of wedges
Flat stick
Some balls
Shop Pride Evolution Striped Plastic 2-3/4" tees
Kapalua Color Magic Minuteman repair tool
2001 & 2003 state quarter ball markers

26

#507 Zz24hours

Zz24hours

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207371
  • Joined: 10/16/2012
  • Location:Denmark
  • Handicap:10.1
GolfWRX Likes : 85

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:19 AM

View PostJohnnypenso, on 08 November 2018 - 10:46 PM, said:

I'm not an OCD type of guy outside of golf.  Inside of golf I like to repair ball marks when I have the chance, mine and a few others.  I also like my ball to be clean. I carry a small rag in a back pocket and spit clean my ball as soon as I can pick it up.

Get this .. super handy, can't feel it in your pocket and doesn't "leak"

https://www.ebay.co....K-/283075109390

27

#508 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 12,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99408
  • Joined: 11/30/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 8434

Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:37 AM

View PostDeeBee30, on 11 November 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

View Postvagolfnut, on 13 February 2018 - 04:44 AM, said:

No shaft labels and CLEANING SAND OFF BOTTOM OF SHOES AFTER BUNKER SHOT!. Can't stand to go up to a green and see sand foot prints all over it. Take a club and just tap the side if your shoes.

vagolfnut, I just found this from earlier this year and it struck a chord with me.  I'm the same and recently played a course where I had to hit out of some muddy, red clay.  I pounded my shoes with a club and wiped them off repeatedly in the wet grass in an effort to clean them.  Thinking they were clean enough, and trying to keep up with my fellow players, I walked onto the green only to see a trail of red footprints behind me.  I was horrified!  I backtracked and tried to wipe them off again but to no avail.  I just took as few steps as I could, putted out and got off the green.  

Near the next tee, I found some nearby standing water and gave then a few good rinse/grass wipe cycles, and they finally came clean.

I'm sure I'll get lit up for posting this, but I don't know what I could have done differently.

I don’t see why you should catch any flak, you did all you could with what you had available.
Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

28

#509 jwilson152

jwilson152

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 443988
  • Joined: 10/17/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:23 PM

Having my clubs in sequential order.

29

#510 Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso

    Ooooh, that's a duff.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 497680
  • Joined: 04/01/2018
  • Location:Windoor, ON
  • Handicap:8.1
GolfWRX Likes : 146

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:39 PM

View PostZz24hours, on 12 November 2018 - 03:19 AM, said:

View PostJohnnypenso, on 08 November 2018 - 10:46 PM, said:

I'm not an OCD type of guy outside of golf.  Inside of golf I like to repair ball marks when I have the chance, mine and a few others.  I also like my ball to be clean. I carry a small rag in a back pocket and spit clean my ball as soon as I can pick it up.

Get this .. super handy, can't feel it in your pocket and doesn't "leak"

https://www.ebay.co....K-/283075109390
A friend of mine has one of those.  I thought about getting one and then my Dad's voice popped into my head. "What the hell are you doing wasting your money on that nonsense? Then he'd break into a chuckle and say, "Boy they seen you coming a mile away"   :taunt:


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors