Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

What Are You "OCD" About?

491 replies to this topic

#481 mneumann

mneumann

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94024
  • Ebay ID:ninerzfan8
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:30 PM

View Postscagnetti, on 18 January 2018 - 05:36 AM, said:

View Postmneumann, on 17 January 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

Tees, no colors, white or natural only.

Everything except driver is hit off a broken tee. I will snap one in half if I can't find one.

Once a ball goes in a lake it's tainted. Will not take it out and hit it again. I may pull it out and throw it in my shag bag. This does not apply to balls retrievable from ob or dry hazards or those I can actually play from the water. Just once it's submerged

I will not putt with someone else's ball in the hole.

Okay... this is where MY OCD has now snapped...

I have been a faithful follower of this thread for over a year now, and this is oddly my breaking point... Because...

I find it maddening all the fuggin' broken tees on the tee box. It looks awful, looks like littering, and it annoys me where you can't pick up your fuggin' tees, ESPECIALLY if they're broken, kasi it's TRASH NOW...

I know EXACTLY why people do this. For the reason above, yes, but there's this silent covenant amongst golfers that the teeing up off a broken tee is a thing, the noble response is that they're now RECYCLING the tees...

But man alive if it just LOOKS like a giant wooden tee trash bin to me... and man if they are buried, still in the ground, I bend down and dig them out and take them over to the bin...

I know, buzzkill right?

Sorry fellas and fillies... my problem.

You will be happy to know, I don't leave my broken tee, I pick it up, put it in my pocket. I actually pick up broken tees around my tee throughout the round and put them in my pocket. At the end of the round if i still have one or two, I put them in my tee spot.

But sorry if I can find one and I'm out I'm not hitting off a whole tee unless it's driver.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#482 scagnetti

scagnetti

Haq Attaq

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426148
GolfWRX Likes : 280

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:52 AM

View Postmneumann, on 24 January 2018 - 11:30 PM, said:

View Postscagnetti, on 18 January 2018 - 05:36 AM, said:

View Postmneumann, on 17 January 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

Tees, no colors, white or natural only.

Everything except driver is hit off a broken tee. I will snap one in half if I can't find one.

Once a ball goes in a lake it's tainted. Will not take it out and hit it again. I may pull it out and throw it in my shag bag. This does not apply to balls retrievable from ob or dry hazards or those I can actually play from the water. Just once it's submerged

I will not putt with someone else's ball in the hole.

Okay... this is where MY OCD has now snapped...

I have been a faithful follower of this thread for over a year now, and this is oddly my breaking point... Because...

I find it maddening all the fuggin' broken tees on the tee box. It looks awful, looks like littering, and it annoys me where you can't pick up your fuggin' tees, ESPECIALLY if they're broken, kasi it's TRASH NOW...

I know EXACTLY why people do this. For the reason above, yes, but there's this silent covenant amongst golfers that the teeing up off a broken tee is a thing, the noble response is that they're now RECYCLING the tees...

But man alive if it just LOOKS like a giant wooden tee trash bin to me... and man if they are buried, still in the ground, I bend down and dig them out and take them over to the bin...

I know, buzzkill right?

Sorry fellas and fillies... my problem.

You will be happy to know, I don't leave my broken tee, I pick it up, put it in my pocket. I actually pick up broken tees around my tee throughout the round and put them in my pocket. At the end of the round if i still have one or two, I put them in my tee spot.

But sorry if I can find one and I'm out I'm not hitting off a whole tee unless it's driver.

some of the better clubs and public courses have tee cones or buckets -- I saw one in Dallas that used them as the tee markers -- but if you look in them, they're either treated as ashtrays or trash bins or both. And what tee pieces you do find them are usually the (headless) stems.

FYI everybody, these are there to dispose of USED and functional tees. the lack of care a lot of players have for the course -- from the pitch marks on the green to these broken tees on the box -- is utterly senseless to me...

carry on, sorry.
The Asian Bag

Sun Mountain 2015 C-130 Cart Bag
PING Anser 9*  GD Tour AD Black Di-6-X
Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 13*D  
Matrix Ozik XCon6-X
PING Anser 19* 5W  Matrix Ozik XCon6-X
Wilson/Staff D-100 22* 4h  Matrix Ozik Altus 5.6-S
Adams Idea Black CB2 5-PW  KBS Tour 90-S
Vokey SM2 Raw Oil Can 50/54/58  DG Vokey Spinner
Odyssey TD Black 9

#483 markjay1

markjay1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465862
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:29 AM

View PostSean2, on 19 January 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

Waxed the heads of my driver and fairway woods,

You wax your driver and woods?  I mean, my gf waxes but I've never seen a hairy golf club.  Do you leave a landing strip?

#484 Sean2

Sean2

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 30,077 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 17478

Posted 27 January 2018 - 11:38 AM

Lol!
Callaway Rogue
Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º
Callaway Steelhead XR 25º
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º
Callaway "O" Works #7

#485 vagolfnut

vagolfnut

• 21 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68311
  • Handicap:3
  • Ebay ID:Chrisanjen64ch
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:44 AM

No shaft labels and CLEANING SAND OFF BOTTOM OF SHOES AFTER BUNKER SHOT!. Can't stand to go up to a green and see sand foot prints all over it. Take a club and just tap the side if your shoes.

#486 mjforn

mjforn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 487104
  • Handicap:17
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:52 PM

View Postmarkjay1, on 27 January 2018 - 05:29 AM, said:

View PostSean2, on 19 January 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

Waxed the heads of my driver and fairway woods,

You wax your driver and woods?  I mean, my gf waxes but I've never seen a hairy golf club.  Do you leave a landing strip?

mmmmmmmmmm

I'll stick to iron covers......

:golfer:
Matt

Callaway GBB 9.5
Callaway 3w
TM M2 Graphite  R-Flex 4-AW NEW
Callaway Rx OS 4-AW
Cleveland CBX 52*, 56*, 60*

Odyssey Works SS #1 Putter

Ammo:
K 3s
Titliest NXT s
K Sigs (in the shag bag)

#487 TigerWoodsIV

TigerWoodsIV

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8669
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:21 PM

It's odd for me.  I'm "OCD" about a ton of things in my day to day life, but not that many when it comes to golf.  EXCEPT when I'm playing for money or in a tournament.  Then I need my ball to be perfectly clean and my clubs to look like they just came off the rack.  My bag has 14 club slots, and I'm also very particular about where the clubs are.  The bag room guys at my club don't always put them back the same, so that's the first thing I do.

#488 Sean2

Sean2

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 30,077 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:33 PM

View PostTigerWoodsIV, on 16 February 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

It's odd for me.  I'm "OCD" about a ton of things in my day to day life, but not that many when it comes to golf.  EXCEPT when I'm playing for money or in a tournament.  Then I need my ball to be perfectly clean and my clubs to look like they just came off the rack.  My bag has 14 club slots, and I'm also very particular about where the clubs are.  The bag room guys at my club don't always put them back the same, so that's the first thing I do.

That is a bit odd. I don't know about others, but in my case OCD is "transferrable". :-)
Callaway Rogue
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway "O" Works #7

#489 RedWolfWay

RedWolfWay

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 416824
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:24 AM

To all  of those that fix ball marks, fill divots, ect. and take care of the course, your staff appreciates that a TON. For me, can't stand when guys don't clean  their clubs, and one of my biggest pet peeves is guys who don't put headcovers back on clubs. Had to say something to my dads buddy on our annual trip who just let his new Cameron bounce around there unprotected...
Taylormade R1 10* Fujikura Motore Speeder 757 60X
Taylormade 2017 M1 15* Fujikura Motore Speeder 757 70X
Titleist 915 18* Diamana D+ 80S
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 3-PW Project X 6.0
Mizuno T7 52/08, 58/08 Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft X

#490 Sean2

Sean2

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 30,077 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2018 - 01:41 PM

View PostRedWolfWay, on 30 March 2018 - 08:24 AM, said:

To all  of those that fix ball marks, fill divots, ect. and take care of the course, your staff appreciates that a TON. For me, can't stand when guys don't clean  their clubs, and one of my biggest pet peeves is guys who don't put headcovers back on clubs. Had to say something to my dads buddy on our annual trip who just let his new Cameron bounce around there unprotected...

Yeah, I don't get that either. I have seen people with new drivers without head covers getting banged around, and also a few with Cameron's.

Callaway Rogue
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway "O" Works #7

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#491 CHuntsman

CHuntsman

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 460084
  • Handicap:8.6
GolfWRX Likes : 192

Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:10 PM

When a playing partner makes a putt and leaves their ball in the cup.  I could wrap my Scotty around their face!!!

#492 Bob9604

Bob9604

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 467348
  • Handicap:17
GolfWRX Likes : 189

Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:45 AM

View PostFerguson, on 01 July 2016 - 09:28 AM, said:

View Postyoungstructural, on 30 June 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

View PostFerguson, on 30 June 2016 - 05:08 AM, said:

View Postdicko999, on 29 June 2016 - 03:03 PM, said:

Getting frisky with yourself before a round is a recipe for bad scores.  With another person, fine.  Yourself, not so much.

I know what you mean about the solo style friskiness.  It's costly to the wallet too.  

You not only have to pay for the greens fees but you're obliged to buy dinner for yourself afterword.

It gets really awkward when I have to tell myself to take the money I left myself on the nightstand, and to lock the door on the way out.

Sometimes I tell myself to make myself a ham sandwich before leaving.

I told myself I wasn't that kind of guy but deep down I knew I was...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors