Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

What Are You "OCD" About?

365 replies to this topic

#361 Sean2

Sean2

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 25,913 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 12587

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:01 PM

jonsnow, on 03 October 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

I am OCD about things being alphabetical. That said, it should be CDO rather than OCD so the letters are in the right order.

Then it would be a government speak: Compulsive Disorder: Obsessive. :-)

Callaway GBB Epic 11º / Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana M+ 40 R
Callaway GBB Epic 16º / 20º / 24º Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana M+ 50 S

Callaway CF16 / 6--AW / UST Recoil ES 460 F4
Callaway 54/10 MD Forged / UST Recoil ES 460 F4
Callaway 58/10 MD PM / UST Recoil ES 460 F

Callaway 62/10 MD PM / UST Recoil ES 460 F
Callaway Odyssey O Works Tank #7

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#362 swing thoughts

swing thoughts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 349485
  • Handicap:3.7
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:59 PM

jonsnow, on 04 October 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

swing thoughts, on 04 October 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

Tees. Have to pick up used tees from tee box and throw them away or keep them. Or if they are broken but long enough, I take them home, cut them down to a smaller tee with my hedge clippers and use them for iron/hybrid tees. I don't know why this has become a religion for me. I'm not that cheap or ocd otherwise.

I yield, sir. You win the prize! :fan_1:
I thought everyone did that!
Callaway Big Bertha Alpha DBD 9*
Cobra Bio Cell Fairway 13.5
Cobra Fly-Z hybrid 16.5*
Mizuno MP 69 3-P DS300 Gold Stiff
Taylormade Tour Preferred EF52*
Taylormade Tour Preferred EF 58*
Putter varies day to day

#363 augustgolf

augustgolf

Golf with dignity

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438244
  • Handicap:0
  • Ebay ID:augustgolf
GolfWRX Likes : 2043

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:38 PM

BIG STU, on 16 September 2017 - 10:47 AM, said:

Double Mocha Man, on 08 September 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

Dimes.  I'm OCD about dimes.  I always carry about 6 to 8 of 'em in my pocket.  That way, when I reach into my pocket, I don't have to fish around for a ball marker.  Dimes are best... small, thin and can be pushed down into the green so a ball can actually roll over them without being impeded.  There's always a guy in the group who has no ball marker, so I loan him a dime for the day, letting him know it's a big part of my 401K, so returning it at the end of the round is important.  I've never gotten a dime back.  More important is providing a dime ball marker to the guy who nauseatingly marks his ball with a token bigger than a platter you'd carve a turkey on.
Well I guess in your eyes I am guilty as charged I use a poker chip have done so for quite some time now. LOL one of the guys in the Mafia group as it is dubbed is one of the big wheels in the company that owns most of the courses we play on. He calls poker chips "man hole covers" I told him yep they are but that does not stop you guys from selling thousands with the different course logos on them to the tourists. I have a bunch of poker chips but none with course logos. 2 of them came with my Grizzly Dip years ago and one is a $20 off a tattoo at my friends tattoo parlor. I won it off him on some kind of crazy bet years ago and still make it a point to use it when we play together even if we are partners. I found 2 Crown Royal bags full of Tequila Patron poker chips in a junk car at work one day and yes I kept them and the two CR bags too along with the 15 other CR bags I found in the same car
I used to carry a silver dollar just to mark the ball when I played one guy...it always drove him nuts.
Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
or is it 1514...
I don't remember exactly

#364 Matt J

Matt J

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,663 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 339857
GolfWRX Likes : 10853

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:45 PM

On the ball marker topic... I always have both a large and small in my pocket and use the big one further out.  I've started carrying a little towel in my back pocket and have to have it and my big towel wet to wipe down my clubs and clean my ball.  Also, if there's a game I always carry a back up card, always keep my own score at the very least.

#365 NoTalentLefty

NoTalentLefty

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 204451
GolfWRX Likes : 1059

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:33 AM

Besides a clean bum before tee off, make sure my naughty bits stay dry. At this age when weight gain and easy sweats near the nether region, a rash from my youth has visited me again, Jock Itch....

Lotrimin and Gold Bond .

Edited by NoTalentLefty, 10 October 2017 - 09:36 AM.

Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

#366 santasquatcha

santasquatcha

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 418640
  • Handicap:20+
GolfWRX Likes : 66

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:05 PM

MaitriMike, on 29 June 2016 - 02:30 PM, said:

Shoes have to be extremely clean before the round. During the round, can't have anything on the toes. (grass / Marks / whatever). I can't swing a club until its cleaned.

Clubs all cleaned before the round. Outfit and shoes picked out the night before. (I play early morning and wife and daughter are not awake so have to be quick and quiet).

Shaft stickers have to be taken off too. Drives me nuts if its still on. Also when my buddies have it on their clubs, makes me want to bring goo gone and clean it up for them while we're playing. HAHAHA.

I think that's it... There's probably more but i don't even realize it..

I agree with this one.  I am far more prepped for an early morning Saturday golf round than I am for a workday.

Night before golf round:
-All clothes picked out, ironed.  
-Small snack / lunch packed because I hate teeing off starving.
-need to be quick and quiet in the morning to not wake son and wife
-coffee prepped night before with correct thermos

During round:
-keeping pace with group ahead (always keeping track of group behind because I don't want to feel stressed like I'm holding them up).
-ball in pocket on the teebox (for myself or anyone else in group)
-repair at least 2 ball-marks on every green
-pull pin quickly for rest of group
-etc...
Mini-Driver, Taylormade Aeroburner,14*, Matrix 60g S
4h - 5h, Adams Tech V4.0, S
6 - PW, Titleist 712CB, modus120S
GW, 49*, Adams Tech V4.0, S
GW, 51*, Cleveland 588
SW, 56-11*, Titleist Vokey SM4
LW, 60-07*, Titleist Vokey SM4
Putter, Odyssey White Hot #6

0 user(s) are reading this topic