Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

What Are You "OCD" About?

379 replies to this topic

#331 jdenham15

jdenham15

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138145
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:34 PM

Mine is shaving. I always shave the night before I play.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#332 xjohnx

xjohnx

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75904
  • Ebay ID:xedgep90x
GolfWRX Likes : 735

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:40 PM

Oh man. My friend just sent me this because he knows how crazy I am. I'm surprised I didn't find this on my own

He gives me hell (rightfully so) because I have an obsession with my grips having to match my graphite shafts. I use new decades on all my clubs but the woods have to match. I'm always trying new shafts and even have to do this before I even know if I like the shaft. I'm going crazy right now because I just got a Motore Speeder 5.2 (non ts, dark purple) to try and I can't find any black/purple new decades anywhere! I bought one on eBay but it's def a fake. Found the only place online that had them and got an email that they were actually gone. I even called Callaway since they have the their "chev" version still available on new clubs. I called and they gave me the part number for a dealer to order but he was honest and told me they have 500 in stock in Mexico but they aren't particularly fast at shipping out grip orders and it would probably take about 3 weeks to get them. Needless to say, my OCD on this one is giving me enough anxiety.

I also have a thing about my driver, 3 wood and hybrid shafts all matching if possible too. I need help.....

#333 BNGL

BNGL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 472816
GolfWRX Likes : 106

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:08 PM

Only thing I really care about is my dress. grips can be however, clubs mismatched and placed wherever...but I always want my pants to be pressed with a nice crisp crease, shirt to be proper fit and tucked in, proper hat and belt with matching shoes that were clean.

#334 justasgood

justasgood

Without Tempo, you are just a hacker.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212517
  • Handicap:I.Q.
  • Ebay ID:klccsam
GolfWRX Likes : 1423

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:54 PM

Every round I play I need a different club(s) than the last set up. I can't remember the last time I played back to back rounds with the exact same 14 clubs.

#335 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

We are spirits in a material world

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,930 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 10050

Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:00 AM

View PostDouble Mocha Man, on 08 September 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

Dimes.  I'm OCD about dimes.  I always carry about 6 to 8 of 'em in my pocket.  That way, when I reach into my pocket, I don't have to fish around for a ball marker.  Dimes are best... small, thin and can be pushed down into the green so a ball can actually roll over them without being impeded.  There's always a guy in the group who has no ball marker, so I loan him a dime for the day, letting him know it's a big part of my 401K, so returning it at the end of the round is important.  I've never gotten a dime back.  More important is providing a dime ball marker to the guy who nauseatingly marks his ball with a token bigger than a platter you'd carve a turkey on.

I hate those manhole cover ball markers. They give me putting yips even if they are placed on the other side of the green 20 yds away from my ball.

The absolute perfection of existence, life, and aesthetic beauty is the work not only of evolution but of a powerful being.

#336 Stonewalled

Stonewalled

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 311179
  • Ebay ID:stonewalljim
GolfWRX Likes : 342

Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:18 AM

View Postjustasgood, on 08 September 2017 - 11:54 PM, said:

Every round I play I need a different club(s) than the last set up. I can't remember the last time I played back to back rounds with the exact same 14 clubs.
Thanks 'justasgood'  thought i was the only one with that particular   OCD issue.....   Old Clubs Delivered to the BST.

#337 scagnetti

scagnetti

Haq Attaq

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426148
GolfWRX Likes : 186

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:36 AM

too many to list, virtually all have already been mentioned...

most of the things written on here clearly are superstitions and routine.

Edited by scagnetti, 14 September 2017 - 08:31 PM.

PING Anser 9*  GD Tour AD Black Di-6-X

Wilson/Staff D-100 4h/22*  Matrix Ozik Altus 5.6-S

Cobra Trusty Rusty PWR II 51* & 59*  DG Dark Steel S200
Odyssey TD Black 9

"Indecision may or may not be my problem." -- James William Buffett

#338 TheInfidel

TheInfidel

Gotta let the Big Dog eat....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264528
GolfWRX Likes : 644

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:47 AM

View PostTheShaun, on 01 September 2016 - 10:41 PM, said:

I only use natural color tees and all clubs must be in the right slots

You use tees that aren't white and you're in a golf OCD forum?  How so you expect me to sleep tonight, seriously!? lol
  • Titleist 915D2 10.5* UST V2 X Flex
  • Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi X
  • Adams Idea A7 22* UST V2 Hybrid X
  • Mizuno MP54 KBS Tour 130X +0.5'
  • Nike VR V-Rev 52*
  • Nike VR V-Rev 56*
  • Nike Engage Raw 60*
  • Edel E2 Torque Balanced PIXL 35'

#339 Equipto

Equipto

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 475734
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:03 AM

Pace of play,  can't stand a slow round.

#340 atteberry23

atteberry23

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 474820
  • Handicap:3
  • Ebay ID:attebeerry
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:17 PM

Many guys have a line on their ball that they line up putts with.  I can't see anything but what when I putt.  I have a line on my ball but it is always face down when I putt.  I have tried but I can't get lined up straight so I go with feel!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#341 BIG STU

BIG STU

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 22242

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:47 AM

Dimes.  I'm OCD about dimes.  I always carry about 6 to 8 of 'em in my pocket.  That way, when I reach into my pocket, I don't have to fish around for a ball marker.  Dimes are best... small, thin and can be pushed down into the green so a ball can actually roll over them without being impeded.  There's always a guy in the group who has no ball marker, so I loan him a dime for the day, letting him know it's a big part of my 401K, so returning it at the end of the round is important.  I've never gotten a dime back.  More important is providing a dime ball marker to the guy who nauseatingly marks his ball with a token bigger than a platter you'd carve a turkey on.
Well I guess in your eyes I am guilty as charged I use a poker chip have done so for quite some time now. LOL one of the guys in the Mafia group as it is dubbed is one of the big wheels in the company that owns most of the courses we play on. He calls poker chips "man hole covers" I told him yep they are but that does not stop you guys from selling thousands with the different course logos on them to the tourists. I have a bunch of poker chips but none with course logos. 2 of them came with my Grizzly Dip years ago and one is a $20 off a tattoo at my friends tattoo parlor. I won it off him on some kind of crazy bet years ago and still make it a point to use it when we play together even if we are partners. I found 2 Crown Royal bags full of Tequila Patron poker chips in a junk car at work one day and yes I kept them and the two CR bags too along with the 15 other CR bags I found in the same car
Driver: Titleist 915 D-2 Mitsubishi Diamana 65 R
3 Wood Adams Super S 15* Bassara Regular flex
Hybrid - TM Rescue Mid 19* Pro Launch Blue
Hybrid- TM Rescue Mid 22* Stock TM Tip Stiff
2 iron 1999 Hogan Apex " Canadian Special" 19* S-300 Stock Tip Butt cut only ( yes a real Hogan Apex)
Irons -- 5 thru PW 2013 Callaway Forged X Rifle 5.5 PXI
GW Callaway BECU 50* S-300 hard tipped 1x
SW Callaway PM 56* FST wedge stock named "Mickey"

Putter - Scotty Santa Fe 1997 vintage rusty as heck nicknamed "Rusty"
Bag Old School TEE 3.5 stand

Founding Father of the Outlaw Golf Association Member #1 To heck with the USGA
Redneck Hippie Golf-- When the tailgate drops the BS stops

#342 mark174ace

mark174ace

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447384
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:17 AM

I have always wore pants when I play. I am not OCD about it just something I prefer and it wouldn't be the end of the world if I wore shorts.  I also use neon green tees when I hit the driver. It is a mental thing with me because it is the start of the hole and green means go.

#343 jslane57

jslane57

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,526 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426950
  • Handicap:<5
GolfWRX Likes : 2038

Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:26 AM

Hah! The only times I've tapped down my ball marker and walked away with my marker stuck to the bottom of the my putter have been when using dimes! And the only time I've ever marked my ball and simply couldn't find it again after walking around the green was with a penny. These day's I keep quarters in my pocket, and always get them back after tossing them to folks without. I like the man hole covers just fine, I especially like it when they're just outside my line, and I push the putt, but it bounces off the mark and goes in! (that has only happened once, but it was great!}
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" -Einstein

#344 BIG STU

BIG STU

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:58 AM

View Postmark174ace, on 16 September 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

I have always wore pants when I play. I am not OCD about it just something I prefer and it wouldn't be the end of the world if I wore shorts.  I also use neon green tees when I hit the driver. It is a mental thing with me because it is the start of the hole and green means go.
Man oh man I use any tee I find do not care about the color or if they are plastic or wood. I am 60 years old and have never bought a tee in my life. I love it down here in the tourist golf season because the first thing they do off the plane is hit the big box stores and buy the jumbo bags of tees. They do not bother to pick them up either.
2 iron 1999 Hogan Apex " Canadian Special" 19* S-300 Stock Tip Butt cut only ( yes a real Hogan Apex)

#345 BIG STU

BIG STU

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:03 PM

View Postthug the bunny, on 09 September 2017 - 12:00 AM, said:

I hate those manhole cover ball markers. They give me putting yips even if they are placed on the other side of the green 20 yds away from my ball.
Uh HUUH! I know how to shake you up now if we ever get to play. Seriously if playing with folks I have never played with before I will ask if the chips bother them and I carry a couple of standard ball markers just in case. Come to think of it I have never had anyone say in person that it bothered them. But in all seriousness if we played together and it bothered you I would use a standard sized one about the size of a nickel

#346 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

We are spirits in a material world

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,930 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 10050

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:07 PM

View PostBIG STU, on 16 September 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

View Postthug the bunny, on 09 September 2017 - 12:00 AM, said:

Uh HUUH! I know how to shake you up now if we ever get to play. Seriously if playing with folks I have never played with before I will ask if the chips bother them and I carry a couple of standard ball markers just in case. Come to think of it I have never had anyone say in person that it bothered them. But in all seriousness if we played together and it bothered you I would use a standard sized one about the size of a nickel

Actually Stu I was exaggerating. They don't really bother  but more like make me scratch my head wondering "why so big"? Although if one is anywhere near my line I will have the owner move it.
The absolute perfection of existence, life, and aesthetic beauty is the work not only of evolution but of a powerful being.

#347 EvanScottKing

EvanScottKing

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 443226
  • Handicap:7.1
GolfWRX Likes : 119

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:59 AM

I'm most OCD about my clubs and their position in the bag. Everything has its place and must be returned to that place after use in a way that is just so.  A couple friends give me a hard time because I know if someone even touches my clubs.

People not repairing and stamping down divots or pitch marks also drives me up a wall.  The rest of the group will be lining-up putts and I'm crisscrossing the the green repairing craters...
Bag is comprised of Callaway & Edel.  WITB

#348 ei19

ei19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 383038
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:51 PM

I have many of these. Definitely keep my clubs clean after each shot.  I also won't use white tees because I don't like the mark they leave on the driver. Bag is loaded with black tees!

#349 Stonewalled

Stonewalled

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 311179
  • Ebay ID:stonewalljim
GolfWRX Likes : 342

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:05 PM

View PostBIG STU, on 16 September 2017 - 10:47 AM, said:

Well I guess in your eyes I am guilty as charged I use a poker chip have done so for quite some time now. LOL one of the guys in the Mafia group as it is dubbed is one of the big wheels in the company that owns most of the courses we play on. He calls poker chips "man hole covers" I told him yep they are but that does not stop you guys from selling thousands with the different course logos on them to the tourists. I have a bunch of poker chips but none with course logos. 2 of them came with my Grizzly Dip years ago and one is a $20 off a tattoo at my friends tattoo parlor. I won it off him on some kind of crazy bet years ago and still make it a point to use it when we play together even if we are partners. I found 2 Crown Royal bags full of Tequila Patron poker chips in a junk car at work one day and yes I kept them and the two CR bags too along with the 15 other CR bags I found in the same car
Jeez, who ever owned that car sure liked Crown Royal.  Wonder if he ever made it up to the CR plant located an hour from my door. They process all the CR for sale worldwide, they have 2 million barrels stored in 50 warehouses.You might have to make a road trip north  BIG STU.

#350 timbo08

timbo08

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105122
GolfWRX Likes : 290

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:44 AM

Just that everything in my bag goes in the same spot it came from.  I hate having to dig around for stuff that I use or need, so it always goes right back where it came from.  Not to mention that I sometimes go on mental cruise control and if something isn't where I left it, I will start looking for it, and forget the next step in the "process" thus forgetting whatever I was going to do next like grab my divot repair tool or take my range finder out etc...

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#351 jonsnow

jonsnow

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426560
  • Handicap:7.5
GolfWRX Likes : 549

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:17 PM

I am OCD about things being alphabetical. That said, it should be CDO rather than OCD so the letters are in the right order.
WITB:
Titleist 910D3 9.5
Sonartec SS07 14
Bridgestone J40 hybrid 18
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-PW
Tileist Vokey 52, 58
Cameron Newport 2
Bridgestone B330S

Clubs are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination at any time...

#352 KCCO

KCCO

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138532
GolfWRX Likes : 241

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:53 PM

Must have 3 new gloves in bag at all times, my hands sweat quite a bit. Knowing I have plenty of back-ups is comforting.

Shorts with dress style (i.e. Wing tip gator golf shoes with shorts)...def not my thing. Looks hideous. So many shoe styles, have a pair to accommodate your attire.
Titleist 917 D3
Titleist 917 F
Titleist 915 H
PXG 0311T                    MCI-100 black
PXG Darkness 52/58.    MCI-100 black
009 ProV1

#353 PAgolfer85

PAgolfer85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482998
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:35 PM

1) If I have to take a piss, I will- I cannot stand playing when I have to piss. I will hit bad shots if this happens, so I don't let it happen.

2) Always clean clubs after shots.

3) Always clean the ball on the green.

4) Fix ball marks if I see them- this drives me nuts. It's our club! Take care of the greens!

#354 deetsal

deetsal

deetsal

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 348655
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 709

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:27 PM

View PostBIG STU, on 16 September 2017 - 11:58 AM, said:

View Postmark174ace, on 16 September 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

Man oh man I use any tee I find do not care about the color or if they are plastic or wood. I am 60 years old and have never bought a tee in my life. I love it down here in the tourist golf season because the first thing they do off the plane is hit the big box stores and buy the jumbo bags of tees. They do not bother to pick them up either.
My boys and I pick up tees all the time, our saying is "only lazy people buy tees".  On the range there are often guys that get a bucket and a bag of tees and don't bother retrieving them and leave a half full bag after they are done.  I find that strange, I'm not at all poor  it seems odd that they would not pick up a half full bag of tees.

#355 deetsal

deetsal

deetsal

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 348655
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 709

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:30 PM

View Postei19, on 21 September 2017 - 03:51 PM, said:

I have many of these. Definitely keep my clubs clean after each shot.  I also won't use white tees because I don't like the mark they leave on the driver. Bag is loaded with black tees!
Racist.��

#356 Matt J

Matt J

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,868 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 339857
GolfWRX Likes : 11016

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:39 PM

View PostPAgolfer85, on 03 October 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

1) If I have to take a piss, I will- I cannot stand playing when I have to piss. I will hit bad shots if this happens, so I don't let it happen.

2) Always clean clubs after shots.

3) Always clean the ball on the green.

4) Fix ball marks if I see them- this drives me nuts. It's our club! Take care of the greens!

I'm with you on all four of those.

Edited by Matt J, 03 October 2017 - 09:39 PM.

#357 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

Hall of Fame

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,785 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99408
GolfWRX Likes : 3831

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:19 AM

I absolutely have to clean my clubs...............at least once a season!��
Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

#358 swing thoughts

swing thoughts

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 349485
  • Handicap:3.7
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:04 PM

Tees. Have to pick up used tees from tee box and throw them away or keep them. Or if they are broken but long enough, I take them home, cut them down to a smaller tee with my hedge clippers and use them for iron/hybrid tees. I don't know why this has become a religion for me. I'm not that cheap or ocd otherwise.
Callaway Big Bertha Alpha DBD 9*
Cobra Bio Cell Fairway 14.5
Cobra Bio Cell hybrid 17*
Mizuno MP 69 3-P DS300 Gold Stiff
Taylormade Tour Preferred EF52*
Taylormade Tour Preferred EF 58*
Putter: Scotty Futura X5 38" or Bobby Jones Milled Blade

#359 elwhippy

elwhippy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3536
GolfWRX Likes : 458

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:27 PM

Grips must be standard Tour Velvet and must be on absolutely straight.

#360 jonsnow

jonsnow

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426560
  • Handicap:7.5
GolfWRX Likes : 549

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:12 PM

View Postswing thoughts, on 04 October 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

Tees. Have to pick up used tees from tee box and throw them away or keep them. Or if they are broken but long enough, I take them home, cut them down to a smaller tee with my hedge clippers and use them for iron/hybrid tees. I don't know why this has become a religion for me. I'm not that cheap or ocd otherwise.

I yield, sir. You win the prize! :fan_1:

WITB:
Titleist 910D3 9.5
Sonartec SS07 14
Bridgestone J40 hybrid 18
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-PW
Tileist Vokey 52, 58
Cameron Newport 2
Bridgestone B330S

Clubs are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination at any time...

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors