Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Global Golf "Value" Condition


139 replies to this topic

#91 sdandrea

sdandrea

    Steve

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117468
  • Joined: 11/14/2010
  • Location:Fredericksburg, VA & Hernando FL
  • Handicap:11
  • Ebay ID:sdan6017
GolfWRX Likes : 1250

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:44 PM

I do a lot of ho-ing wth GlobalGolf.  If I am buying anything painted (Driver, FW, hybrid), I shop Value.  I like to refinish clubs and I always regrip anyway.  If I am buying irons, I shop Very Good and am rarely disappointed.  If I am buying wedges, I shop Excellent or Mint.  The good news is they take the stuff back for ANY reason inside 30 days.

Cobra Max 10.5*
TM RBZ 5W & 9W
PING Eye 2  4 - W
PING Eye 2+  SW, LW
PING Chipo
PING A Blade

  
"Never buy a putter until you've had a chance to throw it"

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#92 oldhamer25

oldhamer25

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120505
  • Joined: 01/13/2011
  • Location:Kansas
GolfWRX Likes : 226

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:15 PM

Curious to know what kind of condition the putters are in that are marked as value, anyone have experience?
917 D3 8.5 Xphlexx Agera Orange RF Proto
SLDR Mini 12 Evo Speeder TS 757x
SLDR Mini 15.8 Rogue Black 110 80TX
716 T-MB 3 PX 6.0
Srixon 765 4-6 PX LZ 6.0
Srixon 965 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 50 PX LZ 6.0
Vokey TVD 54V & 58V
Bettinardi Studio Stock 14

2

#93 jwo316

jwo316

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 427382
  • Joined: 05/31/2016
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:16
  • Ebay ID:jw49
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:11 PM

 oldhamer25, on 06 October 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

Curious to know what kind of condition the putters are in that are marked as value, anyone have experience?

I’d guess value putters are a bit risky in general but I did buy a Mizuno Betti BC3 recently in value and I was very pleased by the condition. The black was worn on some corners but the face and top line where in solid condition and it had a newish super stroke grip. I will try and upload some photos from home later.

3

#94 IsleOfMan

IsleOfMan

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138830
  • Joined: 09/09/2011
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 554

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:00 PM

I have a few more reference points from this week.  King F6 irons in Value looked about like my brand-new Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged did afer 2-3 range sessions with dirty balls... a little face splatter on the black chrome of the face but mostly just brushing on the sole.  Grips were probably 50% gone but playable... will still change them because I don't care for them (GP C2Pro) and I got a screaming deal on ~50 SuperStroke TX1s.

Same order had a King LTD 4-5w in Value that I'd easily have accepted marked VG.  Very minor face marks but no full-on splatter, little if any sole brushing, etc.  

Lastly, I got a Odyssey Metal-X #7 Mid (for CounterBalance conversion) that had noticeable paint wear on the sole, but the face was near perfect (no dings/dents on the insert, one or two very minor dings on the top line) and the top paint was completely in tact.  It may become a refinish project over the winter but it's fine as is in terms of play-ability and even aesthetically at address.

Edited by IsleOfMan, 08 October 2017 - 02:01 PM.

Cobra King F8+ Driver 10.5* |  Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S
Cobra King F8 3/4w 14.5*  |  Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S
Cobra King F8 5/6w 17.5*  |  
Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S
Cobra King F8 4h 22*  |  Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S
Cobra Bio Cell + 5i - Gw  |  TT Dynalite Gold XP S300
Cobra King WideLow 56*  & 60* |  TT Dynamic Gold S200
Cleveland TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB Putter  |  35" Counterbalance
Ogio OZone Cart  |  Ogio Shredder Stand
  |  Orlimar Pitch & Putt Stand

4

#95 pga_apprentice

pga_apprentice

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 148
  • Joined: 04/22/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:41 PM

As a regular buyer from their site, I would suggest you take into account the age of the item being sold.  "Value" condition of an item released early in the year will most likely show far heavier wear (my experience) than items released later in the cycle.  For reference, I recently grabbed this set, listed as "value", a few weeks ago.  I'm not as picky as some but I'd be hard-pressed to believe most would call this a "value" set of forged irons.








Under Construction
Tour Super LS XTD 14° Fujikura Pro 95-X
Tour R15 19° OBAN 100g Prototype
Bridgestone J15DF 4 - PW DG S400 AMT
Vokey SM6 50° F / 54° S  Ping 58° ES Nippon Prototype C10 / WV 125
Odyssey WH XG 330
Srixon Z-Star XV / Tour Preferred X

5

#96 thevaporz

thevaporz

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151963
  • Joined: 12/22/2011
  • Location:San Diego
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 793

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:09 PM

That's been my experience for the most part too.

6

#97 Chambur7

Chambur7

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 487810
  • Joined: 11/30/2017
  • Location:Mississippi
  • Handicap:20
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:28 PM

Placed my first order on 11/28 and received it today. I bought an R11, Aero Burner 3 wood, set of burner plus irons 4-PW, AW and a Ghost putter. Since I was buying a full set I went with all value clubs and I am very pleased. Driver and wood has some paint issues but not bad. Putter has quite a bit of paint chips but fixable. No issues other than cosmetic and I expected that since clubs are white.

7

#98 ffmedicmatt

ffmedicmatt

    FFMedicMatt

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 455110
  • Joined: 02/13/2017
  • Location:Cleveland OH
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:ffmedicmatt
GolfWRX Likes : 109

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:44 PM

Posted Image

Went in on this. Figured for $120 and some refinishing I can either have a second Scotty or sell it off.
WITB FFMedicMatt

Taylor Made 2016 M1 9.5 Tour AD-BB 7X Shaft
Taylor Made 2017 M1 15 degree Tour AD-DI 7x Shaft
Taylor Made R15 Rescue 2 hybird X Shaft
Taylor Made Tour Preferred 4-PW
Vokey 52,56,60 SM4 oil can wedges
Scotty Cameron GoLo 5R
Taylor Made TP5x or K-Sig

8

#99 thevaporz

thevaporz

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151963
  • Joined: 12/22/2011
  • Location:San Diego
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 793

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:28 PM

^Nice pickup. I've been eyeing a few things on there while the lcholiday code still works. Anyone here snag those value Apex Pro 16 4-PW Aerotech 110cw stiff irons for $420? They must've sold a few days ago, darn it.

9

#100 youngunz5840

youngunz5840

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120775
  • Joined: 01/19/2011
  • Location:San Jose CA
GolfWRX Likes : 377

Posted 03 December 2017 - 06:13 AM

I ordered a Scotty Studio Select Newport for the same price and mentality on it. I had trade in credit that covered it so I figured it was a cheapest project


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#101 Ckingolf

Ckingolf

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131585
  • Joined: 06/24/2011
  • Location:Toronto, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 176

Posted 03 December 2017 - 08:07 AM

I traded in a studio select a while back.  Wonder if you got mine! ^

11

#102 jwo316

jwo316

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 427382
  • Joined: 05/31/2016
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:16
  • Ebay ID:jw49
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:41 AM

 ffmedicmatt, on 02 December 2017 - 10:44 PM, said:

Posted Image

Went in on this. Figured for $120 and some refinishing I can either have a second Scotty or sell it off.

I had been eyeing this same putter for a bit - can uou poat pictures just so I can be filled with regret?  Also I am really curious what a “value” Cameron looks like.

12

#103 ffmedicmatt

ffmedicmatt

    FFMedicMatt

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 455110
  • Joined: 02/13/2017
  • Location:Cleveland OH
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:ffmedicmatt
GolfWRX Likes : 109

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:10 AM

 jwo316, on 03 December 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

 ffmedicmatt, on 02 December 2017 - 10:44 PM, said:

Posted Image

Went in on this. Figured for $120 and some refinishing I can either have a second Scotty or sell it off.

I had been eyeing this same putter for a bit - can uou poat pictures just so I can be filled with regret?  Also I am really curious what a “value” Cameron looks like.

I absolutely will. Like I said at worse it’ll be a good project SC to tool around with. The pictures on their website looked like the top line was dinged up
WITB FFMedicMatt

Taylor Made 2016 M1 9.5 Tour AD-BB 7X Shaft
Taylor Made 2017 M1 15 degree Tour AD-DI 7x Shaft
Taylor Made R15 Rescue 2 hybird X Shaft
Taylor Made Tour Preferred 4-PW
Vokey 52,56,60 SM4 oil can wedges
Scotty Cameron GoLo 5R
Taylor Made TP5x or K-Sig

13

#104 Ckingolf

Ckingolf

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131585
  • Joined: 06/24/2011
  • Location:Toronto, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 176

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:12 AM

From my experiences, value scotties range from Bag chatter as if a cover was never used to a custom amateur paint job with a nick or two only.  The older it is the higher risk of Bag chatter bruises

14

#105 youngunz5840

youngunz5840

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120775
  • Joined: 01/19/2011
  • Location:San Jose CA
GolfWRX Likes : 377

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:15 PM

Just got my putter today and there are two small nicks that can’t be seen at address. The sole shows it was used but I have seen Scotty’s in stores with more marks. Overall very happy and might not refinish this right away as planned. Just wish it had a sightline


15

#106 nochct1

nochct1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57177
  • Joined: 06/03/2008
  • Ebay ID:dlcloser
GolfWRX Likes : 2048

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:35 PM

I've had mixed results. Got a Putter last year that had been spray painted. Sent it back and got a refund. Just got a 910 D3 for 39.99 and it looks brand new.

16

#107 thevaporz

thevaporz

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151963
  • Joined: 12/22/2011
  • Location:San Diego
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 793

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:17 AM

Nice score, youngunz! That's a sweet stick. I say leave it as is and mill your own site line if you want.

17

#108 jwo316

jwo316

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 427382
  • Joined: 05/31/2016
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:16
  • Ebay ID:jw49
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:49 PM

 youngunz5840, on 04 December 2017 - 11:15 PM, said:

Just got my putter today and there are two small nicks that can’t be seen at address. The sole shows it was used but I have seen Scotty’s in stores with more marks. Overall very happy and might not refinish this right away as planned. Just wish it had a sightline

Thanks for posting the pics, was that in value condition?  Looks awesome!

Give it a try w/o the sightline - over on the putters sub there has been some discussion that maybe naked alignment helps. Otherwise there are a few places where you could ship the head off too for a mod and I don’t think it is too much.

18

#109 Krt22

Krt22

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 261822
  • Joined: 07/05/2013
  • Location:East Bay
GolfWRX Likes : 2438

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:05 PM

 nochct1, on 04 December 2017 - 11:35 PM, said:

I've had mixed results. Got a Putter last year that had been spray painted. Sent it back and got a refund. Just got a 910 D3 for 39.99 and it looks brand new.

yeah I am beginning to think anything that is more than 2 seasons old for the most part goes to value condition unless they are mint/new.

I might have to take a gamble soon..

19

#110 youngunz5840

youngunz5840

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120775
  • Joined: 01/19/2011
  • Location:San Jose CA
GolfWRX Likes : 377

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:05 AM

The putter I got was in value condition. I was shocked to see the condition I got. The grip was still in good shape too. I extended the length to what I play and will decide if I need a sightline or dot and if I want to refinish and pimp it out.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#111 propman

propman

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183580
  • Joined: 05/29/2012
  • Location:Chicago burbs
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 324

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:19 AM

Just picked up a Adams XTD driver rated as very good.  Would say it's in very good/excellent condition.  This is my 4th purchase from them and the only complaint I have is I find their site to be addictive.
15 hcp

21

#112 bigmoneyp

bigmoneyp

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106403
  • Joined: 04/16/2010
  • Location:Midwest
GolfWRX Likes : 488

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:43 AM

I've been on the bad end. Last two items I bought were "excellent" condition and showed up with gouges, dings and scratches. One was a Ping Ketsch Mid, other was an Odyssey V-Line. Also bought a driver that showed up with the completely wrong shaft. I don't like not seeing actual pics so I guess I'm done with them unless I buy new.

22

#113 Gh05t

Gh05t

    DONT DEAL WITH ME, CANT BE TRUSTED...GO DUCKS

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431378
  • Joined: 07/03/2016
  • Location:Tucson
  • Handicap:19
  • Ebay ID:Chrisapodac-0
GolfWRX Likes : 257

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:26 PM

Just got  my VG iron set yesterday. I would argue,  maybe 2 had been hit.  Great buy! Now here's hoping I get lucky on my bargin driver that went from 160 to 95 shipped with codes (3balls use stack for an additional 20% on some clubs)

Edited by Gh05t, 08 December 2017 - 07:27 PM.

Gamers:                                                                                                         Backups:
Taylormade 17M2 10.5 UST Proforce V2 7F5                                              Callaway 816 DBD Diamana D+ 70X
Taylomade 17M2 3w Hzrdus Red 6.0                                                           Callaway 816 Alpha 14* Aldila Rogue 70s I/O
Ping Crossover 4 21* blue dot Tour Ad 95X                                                  Nike Covert Forged 4-AW DG S300        
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 5-PW DG X100                                                               Cobra Trusty Tour 52/60 King 56 DG S200
Cleveland RTX588 2.0 50/58 RTX3 54 DG wedgeflex                                  Nike Method Concept C1/Taylormade Ghost Tour Black Maranello
Odyssey Oworks 7s Red                                                                               Maxfli 4.0 Stand Bag(green/white.....Go Ducks!)            
Nike Air Sport III stand bag

23

#114 buck9432

buck9432

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157211
  • Joined: 01/23/2012
  • Location:Indianapolis
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:08 PM

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned in here before but with 3balls and Global Golf being one in the same I’m pretty sure you can use the 3balls website to see some actual pictures of the actual clubs. I did this before purchasing some wedges from global (price was better with a discount code) and verified that the value wedges were in decent shape. If it wasn’t actual pictures of the clubs I bought on 3balls what I ended up with from global was very close.

Edited by buck9432, 09 December 2017 - 11:09 PM.

Cobra LTD Pro - Matrix White Tie 60x4
Taylormade Rocketballz Tour 3 Wood - Lime Green Matrix Code 8
Taylormade R9 5 Wood - Fujikura Motore F1 3.1
TM TP Utility 3 - Modus 120
Adams XTD Tour 4-PW- Nippon Super Peening Blue
Nike Engage 54(square) and 58 (DS)
Nike Method Origin B1-01 Counterflex

24

#115 Gh05t

Gh05t

    DONT DEAL WITH ME, CANT BE TRUSTED...GO DUCKS

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431378
  • Joined: 07/03/2016
  • Location:Tucson
  • Handicap:19
  • Ebay ID:Chrisapodac-0
GolfWRX Likes : 257

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:23 AM

 buck9432, on 09 December 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in here before but with 3balls and Global Golf being one in the same I'm pretty sure you can use the 3balls website to see some actual pictures of the actual clubs. I did this before purchasing some wedges from global (price was better with a discount code) and verified that the value wedges were in decent shape. If it wasn't actual pictures of the clubs I bought on 3balls what I ended up with from global was very close.

ya what he said. if you are on the fence about something 3balls usually has "representative" photos that are pretty damn close to what you should get. I must instances they are better.

Gamers:                                                                                                         Backups:
Taylormade 17M2 10.5 UST Proforce V2 7F5                                              Callaway 816 DBD Diamana D+ 70X
Taylomade 17M2 3w Hzrdus Red 6.0                                                           Callaway 816 Alpha 14* Aldila Rogue 70s I/O
Ping Crossover 4 21* blue dot Tour Ad 95X                                                  Nike Covert Forged 4-AW DG S300        
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 5-PW DG X100                                                               Cobra Trusty Tour 52/60 King 56 DG S200
Cleveland RTX588 2.0 50/58 RTX3 54 DG wedgeflex                                  Nike Method Concept C1/Taylormade Ghost Tour Black Maranello
Odyssey Oworks 7s Red                                                                               Maxfli 4.0 Stand Bag(green/white.....Go Ducks!)            
Nike Air Sport III stand bag

25

#116 Silicon Valley Dale

Silicon Valley Dale

    Advanced

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 487608
  • Joined: 11/28/2017
  • Location:Silicon Valley
GolfWRX Likes : 162

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:26 PM

I thought, what the heck, and did a search for used Scotty's. Found one in a condition that should make the owner turn in his golfing card and head directly to the BAD boy corner. I almost cried. How the heck could you have something so beautiful and treat it like that?

It's probably akin to marrying The prom queen head cheerleader and then beating her every day. You've got issues if you'd treat a 12.00 Walmart putter like that. That thing is abused. It's not value. It's not sub par. It's abused. Why buy a good club and treat it that way? I went full rescue dog mode with my Odyssey putter that I currently game. I bought it for 5.00 more than the Superstroke it came with would have cost me. It's also beat to hell. It came with the matching cover so the previous owner could have taken care of it. He just didn't. I've taken steps to fix her up with paint and it now looks like it was given a second shot at life and doesn't walk around with 2 black eyes, even though the scars are there.

Good lord. I've never owned a Scotty. I might never since I stink at putting and that'll never change. If I did, I'd treat her right. They're beautiful creatures and deserve our respect. They're at the top end of putter porn. They add class to that class of clubs. Even an Odyssey deserves respect. Even the 12.00 Walmart model does.

People take care of your crap! I know that the golfers here would look at pictures of that poor putter the same way they would dog torture pics, but good lord. I've played the same putter for 20 years prior to this year. It still looks like it was just taken out of the wrapper. You don't have to worry about dents or sky marks, unless you abuse it. To have a Scotty in anything other than near mint condition should mean you're looking for a new hobby. Sad. My heart is filled with grief. Come on!

26

#117 Dpak05

Dpak05

    Dpak

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85251
  • Joined: 06/10/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 106

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:22 PM

 Silicon Valley Dale, on 10 December 2017 - 11:26 PM, said:

I thought, what the heck, and did a search for used Scotty's. Found one in a condition that should make the owner turn in his golfing card and head directly to the BAD boy corner. I almost cried. How the heck could you have something so beautiful and treat it like that?

It's probably akin to marrying The prom queen head cheerleader and then beating her every day. You've got issues if you'd treat a 12.00 Walmart putter like that. That thing is abused. It's not value. It's not sub par. It's abused. Why buy a good club and treat it that way? I went full rescue dog mode with my Odyssey putter that I currently game. I bought it for 5.00 more than the Superstroke it came with would have cost me. It's also beat to hell. It came with the matching cover so the previous owner could have taken care of it. He just didn't. I've taken steps to fix her up with paint and it now looks like it was given a second shot at life and doesn't walk around with 2 black eyes, even though the scars are there.

Good lord. I've never owned a Scotty. I might never since I stink at putting and that'll never change. If I did, I'd treat her right. They're beautiful creatures and deserve our respect. They're at the top end of putter porn. They add class to that class of clubs. Even an Odyssey deserves respect. Even the 12.00 Walmart model does.

People take care of your crap! I know that the golfers here would look at pictures of that poor putter the same way they would dog torture pics, but good lord. I've played the same putter for 20 years prior to this year. It still looks like it was just taken out of the wrapper. You don't have to worry about dents or sky marks, unless you abuse it. To have a Scotty in anything other than near mint condition should mean you're looking for a new hobby. Sad. My heart is filled with grief. Come on!

It's a putter...
Driver: Titleist 915 D2
Wood:Titleist 915F
Hybrids: Titleist 816H1
Irons: Srixon z545 4-PW
Wedges: Callaway MD3 52/56/60
Putter: Bettinardi SS#2
Grips: Lamkin Z5
Ball: Anything I can find

27

#118 Krt22

Krt22

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 261822
  • Joined: 07/05/2013
  • Location:East Bay
GolfWRX Likes : 2438

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:17 PM

Exactly, it is essentially never supposed to hit the ground by design and every scotty comes with a very nice padded headcover. Its a bit baffling when you see $350 putters slammed into a bag without a proper cover.

28

#119 Silicon Valley Dale

Silicon Valley Dale

    Advanced

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 487608
  • Joined: 11/28/2017
  • Location:Silicon Valley
GolfWRX Likes : 162

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:42 PM

 Dpak05, on 11 December 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

 Silicon Valley Dale, on 10 December 2017 - 11:26 PM, said:

I thought, what the heck, and did a search for used Scotty's. Found one in a condition that should make the owner turn in his golfing card and head directly to the BAD boy corner. I almost cried. How the heck could you have something so beautiful and treat it like that?

It's probably akin to marrying The prom queen head cheerleader and then beating her every day. You've got issues if you'd treat a 12.00 Walmart putter like that. That thing is abused. It's not value. It's not sub par. It's abused. Why buy a good club and treat it that way? I went full rescue dog mode with my Odyssey putter that I currently game. I bought it for 5.00 more than the Superstroke it came with would have cost me. It's also beat to hell. It came with the matching cover so the previous owner could have taken care of it. He just didn't. I've taken steps to fix her up with paint and it now looks like it was given a second shot at life and doesn't walk around with 2 black eyes, even though the scars are there.

Good lord. I've never owned a Scotty. I might never since I stink at putting and that'll never change. If I did, I'd treat her right. They're beautiful creatures and deserve our respect. They're at the top end of putter porn. They add class to that class of clubs. Even an Odyssey deserves respect. Even the 12.00 Walmart model does.

People take care of your crap! I know that the golfers here would look at pictures of that poor putter the same way they would dog torture pics, but good lord. I've played the same putter for 20 years prior to this year. It still looks like it was just taken out of the wrapper. You don't have to worry about dents or sky marks, unless you abuse it. To have a Scotty in anything other than near mint condition should mean you're looking for a new hobby. Sad. My heart is filled with grief. Come on!

It's a putter...

My heart hurts for you my friend. If you want to abuse that 12.00 Walmart thing that's also called a "putter", I can't stop you. If you choose to abuse a beautiful creature known as a "Scotty" in my presence? My heart will still hurt.

You paid for the price of admission so far be it from me to judge, and if you want to give that prom queen two black eyes (TIC and very figuratively) you go right ahead if she'll still have you.

It just makes me sad that there are those type in this world. I've never owned a Scotty. I'd like one but I don't trust myself with her. Maybe I'd like her? Maybe I'd not. If I did like her though, I'm pretty sure that I'd have her entire family over for dinner. I'm not sure I'm up to those standards. I'm not sure my regular credit line increases can keep up with her. It's ok. We don't see eye to eye. But please respect beauty when you see it. I'll gladly take your Scotty leftovers that you've abused and left for dead. Rescue them if you will.

Yes I know it's a putter. Which means you can own it for 20 years and have it show almost zero signs of wear. Even if you have a drunken range session where you'll bet all comers that you can out drive them with it. It takes serious neglect and abuse to make one as ugly as I've seen. If you want to treat them that way, fine. If it hurts me to see one in that shape, it should be fine too. I really could care less and if you read that as literal than my sarcasm is placed in the same stratosphere as your putter care.

At any rate, have a pleasant evening.

29

#120 ffmedicmatt

ffmedicmatt

    FFMedicMatt

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 455110
  • Joined: 02/13/2017
  • Location:Cleveland OH
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:ffmedicmatt
GolfWRX Likes : 109

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:44 AM

Here is my $100 scotty I received.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No big dings or dents. Few scuff marks on the sole. I’m going to clean out the paintfill and wipe it down with some different steel wools. Milling on the face isn’t the greatest and I’m not sure what the milling originally was on these but either way I think a good pickup for $100 in the “value” condition.

WITB FFMedicMatt

Taylor Made 2016 M1 9.5 Tour AD-BB 7X Shaft
Taylor Made 2017 M1 15 degree Tour AD-DI 7x Shaft
Taylor Made R15 Rescue 2 hybird X Shaft
Taylor Made Tour Preferred 4-PW
Vokey 52,56,60 SM4 oil can wedges
Scotty Cameron GoLo 5R
Taylor Made TP5x or K-Sig

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors