Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Roadking's Tools of the Trade

Taylormade Titleist Hzrdus Nippon Ping RTX-3 Xenon Epic Cobra VA Composites Raijin

206 replies to this topic

#151 BloctonGolf11

BloctonGolf11

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 376734
  • Joined: 05/20/2015
  • Location:West Blocton, AL
  • Handicap:12
  • Ebay ID:bdgreene
GolfWRX Likes : 56

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:33 AM

View PostRoadking_6, on 04 May 2017 - 06:33 AM, said:

View PostBloctonGolf11, on 03 May 2017 - 05:41 PM, said:

Roll Tide Roadking.  Saw back in your thread about your son.  My seven year old is playing PGA Junior League and we just played his first 9 hole rounds this weekend.  You are right, there is nothing like being out there with your son.  He is already a little putter ho, asked for a mallet and how could I say no?  Took him down to Play it Again, let him pick one out, and cut her down.  Kid makes more putts than me now.
ROLL TIDE! Tough being a Bama fan in the heart of Ohio.

Haha that is awesome. My 7 year old is 50/50 whether he wants to play or not. Some days I ask and he is excited, somedays he is begging mom not to make him go. I don't think he cares one way or the other about the sport, more about spending time with dad. I am hoping that it turns into a genuine love for the sport that he wants to play on his own.

My 2 year old is a different story. If he sees me on my phone, he knows I am browsing the BST and wants to come sit on my lap and look at clubs with me. If I say the world golf, he runs to grab one of his clubs and is at the door. If we pass a golf course driving, he points and says "Jax's Golf Course" like he owns the place. He knows any time UPS, USPS, etc pulls in the driveway with a package, he is asking me "Golf Clubs?". I will have no problems getting this one into the game.

I mean Lumpy made the 2 boys a custom Xenon Putter. The 2 year old has not put the thing down since. He gets up in the morning, give him his milk and put Mickey on TV. He gets his golf club, runs to the couch, putter in one hand milk in the other and cannot get enough.

We have no idea why but my seven year old has become obsessed.  He comes home, does his homework, then goes out and hits limited flight balls for an hour everyday or goes and putts on my indoor green.  Hard to say no when he begs to go to the driving range as well!

D: Ping G30 10 degree, Aldila Reg Flex
3W, and 7W: Cleveland Black, Bassara, Lite Flex
5i - PW: Titleist AP1 716, DG XP90 Reg Flex
W: 48 Cleveland Rotex 3
W: 52 Cleveland Rotex 2
W: 56 Vokey SM6 F Grind
P: TP Mills Proto
Ball: Srixon Q-Star

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#152 Roadking_6

Roadking_6

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 405706
  • Joined: 12/14/2015
  • Location:Ohio
  • Ebay ID:Roadking_6
GolfWRX Likes : 1092

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:43 AM

View PostBloctonGolf11, on 04 May 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

We have no idea why but my seven year old has become obsessed.  He comes home, does his homework, then goes out and hits limited flight balls for an hour everyday or goes and putts on my indoor green.  Hard to say no when he begs to go to the driving range as well!
HA Man you are lucky. My 2 year old is like that. But He is so crazy I still cant take him on the course yet. If I don't give him my driver or putter to bang off the ball washer or drag down the cart path, it's like all hell is breaking loose. I tried once this year to take the 2 boys for 9 holes just to let them have fun.

I take my 7 year old to the 100 yard stake and let him play in from there and he loves that.

I wouldn't give my 2 year old my driver so he does this on the first hole........
20170409_112056.jpg

I send this to his mom and she proceeds to drive down and pick him up.

2

#153 BloctonGolf11

BloctonGolf11

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 376734
  • Joined: 05/20/2015
  • Location:West Blocton, AL
  • Handicap:12
  • Ebay ID:bdgreene
GolfWRX Likes : 56

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:50 AM

This is my seven year old during and after his first 9 hole round playing his own ball.  He parred two holes (cup picture is him getting his first par out after he sank a 20 footer on a Par 5).  I have him play PGA Junior League distances on holes.  He isn't consistent about getting the ball in the air yet but he is good at moving the ball forward and he is a decent putter honestly.

Attached Thumbnails

  • Brayden.JPG
  • Brayden 2.jpg
  • Brayden 3.jpg
  • Brayden 4.jpg

D: Ping G30 10 degree, Aldila Reg Flex
3W, and 7W: Cleveland Black, Bassara, Lite Flex
5i - PW: Titleist AP1 716, DG XP90 Reg Flex
W: 48 Cleveland Rotex 3
W: 52 Cleveland Rotex 2
W: 56 Vokey SM6 F Grind
P: TP Mills Proto
Ball: Srixon Q-Star

3

#154 Roadking_6

Roadking_6

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 405706
  • Joined: 12/14/2015
  • Location:Ohio
  • Ebay ID:Roadking_6
GolfWRX Likes : 1092

Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:01 PM

View PostBloctonGolf11, on 04 May 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

This is my seven year old during and after his first 9 hole round playing his own ball.  He parred two holes (cup picture is him getting his first par out after he sank a 20 footer on a Par 5).  I have him play PGA Junior League distances on holes.  He isn't consistent about getting the ball in the air yet but he is good at moving the ball forward and he is a decent putter honestly.
That is awesome!!

Yeah that is about where my boy is. He can putt ok, but doesn't want to practice that. Wants to hit balls only and drive the golf cart. Sometimes gets it up in the air. I hope he can develop a love for the game because he is a great athlete, prefers football and baseball which I am fine with, just whatever he naturally loves.

4

#155 BloctonGolf11

BloctonGolf11

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 376734
  • Joined: 05/20/2015
  • Location:West Blocton, AL
  • Handicap:12
  • Ebay ID:bdgreene
GolfWRX Likes : 56

Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:50 PM

View PostRoadking_6, on 04 May 2017 - 12:01 PM, said:

View PostBloctonGolf11, on 04 May 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

This is my seven year old during and after his first 9 hole round playing his own ball.  He parred two holes (cup picture is him getting his first par out after he sank a 20 footer on a Par 5).  I have him play PGA Junior League distances on holes.  He isn't consistent about getting the ball in the air yet but he is good at moving the ball forward and he is a decent putter honestly.
That is awesome!!

Yeah that is about where my boy is. He can putt ok, but doesn't want to practice that. Wants to hit balls only and drive the golf cart. Sometimes gets it up in the air. I hope he can develop a love for the game because he is a great athlete, prefers football and baseball which I am fine with, just whatever he naturally loves.

That is what has surprised me about mine, he would rather spend time on the putting green than on the range.  He loves to putt and the nuances of that part of the game.  Part of it is he is the youngest one in his PGA Junior League by far so he kind of knows he will have to shine on the green, he just can't keep up with the 10 and 12 year olds when it comes to distance.  All about letting them do something they love!  Mine hasn't showed any interest in other sports so this is kind of his "thing" among his friends.

D: Ping G30 10 degree, Aldila Reg Flex
3W, and 7W: Cleveland Black, Bassara, Lite Flex
5i - PW: Titleist AP1 716, DG XP90 Reg Flex
W: 48 Cleveland Rotex 3
W: 52 Cleveland Rotex 2
W: 56 Vokey SM6 F Grind
P: TP Mills Proto
Ball: Srixon Q-Star

5

#156 JunkerJorge

JunkerJorge

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369341
  • Joined: 04/03/2015
  • Location:Arkansas
GolfWRX Likes : 121

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:18 PM

Where is that Bama head cover from? That is a sweet setup!

6

#157 Roadking_6

Roadking_6

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 405706
  • Joined: 12/14/2015
  • Location:Ohio
  • Ebay ID:Roadking_6
GolfWRX Likes : 1092

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:40 PM

View PostJunkerJorge, on 16 May 2017 - 04:18 PM, said:

Where is that Bama head cover from? That is a sweet setup!
I custom ordered it from Robert Mark Golf. His work is the best in the business. Customer service leaves something to be desired.

7

#158 JunkerJorge

JunkerJorge

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369341
  • Joined: 04/03/2015
  • Location:Arkansas
GolfWRX Likes : 121

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:35 PM

View PostRoadking_6, on 16 May 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

View PostJunkerJorge, on 16 May 2017 - 04:18 PM, said:

Where is that Bama head cover from? That is a sweet setup!
I custom ordered it from Robert Mark Golf. His work is the best in the business. Customer service leaves something to be desired.


Thanks. Looks awesome but after reading some of the discussion here I'm a little hesitant.  

RTR

8

#159 Roadking_6

Roadking_6

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 405706
  • Joined: 12/14/2015
  • Location:Ohio
  • Ebay ID:Roadking_6
GolfWRX Likes : 1092

Posted 12 June 2017 - 08:31 AM

After messing with different options, going back and forth between the s55 and the ie1, I decided to reshaft my ie1 so both sets were identical specs. Played a few rounds after and just decided to stick with the Ie1.

I have pulled my 4 iron recently and added a 5 wood. I very rarely hit the 4 iron and it's only about 5 yards difference over the 5 iron so just figured I wanted more options at the top. Really happy with the decision at the moment.

The Epic SZ is starting to give me some fits. Fixed some swing flaws and changed my release and the driver is going left a lot. Really regret moving my 17 M2 at this point. I think I am going to have to give it another test run at the top of the bag and see what happens

9

#160 beluga99

beluga99

    Brevity is the soul of wit

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132921
  • Joined: 07/13/2011
  • Handicap:5.6
GolfWRX Likes : 244

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:11 AM

What did you move to in the IEs and how did it change your ball flight/performance?

Cobra F7+
917 F2
Anser 17 & 23
iE 5-W
Glide 50, 56, 60 ES
Odyssey

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#161 Roadking_6

Roadking_6

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 405706
  • Joined: 12/14/2015
  • Location:Ohio
  • Ebay ID:Roadking_6
GolfWRX Likes : 1092

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:37 AM

View Postbeluga99, on 13 June 2017 - 03:11 AM, said:

What did you move to in the IEs and how did it change your ball flight/performance?
I went from Nippon Modus 130X to 130S.

I launch too low by nature and the 130S helps me get the ball in the air. I honestly have been hitting my irons so well, it's the reason I just decided to sell the s55. I hit them both really well, liked the s55 looks wise but just ultimately decided to stick with the Ie1 and really happy with my iron play at the moment. Changed my wedge shafts from 130X to 130S as well.

Driver is still a struggle as well. Snagged a Kuro Kage Dual Core XT and sold the Hzrdus T1100 last night. Excited to try this shaft. Have been working on releasing club sooner and not holding the lag forever and my launch has improved dramatically. Add that to taking about a 75% swing at everything and things are starting to fall into place. It's hard to go from a scratch junior to shooting in the 70's one day, 90's next. I feel like I am getting some sense of game back. Had 4 birds in a round over the weekend and haven't done that since high school tournament play.

11

#162 Roadking_6

Roadking_6

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 405706
  • Joined: 12/14/2015
  • Location:Ohio
  • Ebay ID:Roadking_6
GolfWRX Likes : 1092

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:31 AM

Haven't posted in my WITB a lot lately....mainly because I am busy with kids and haven't been playing a ton as well as some excavating, driveway, fence adding work at home.

My golf game has been in shambles. I have the last 3 weekends played and yet to break 85. I am avg. 2-3 fairways per round. Lack of practice.

But if you are interested, current setup as of yesterday:
Callaway Epic SZ 10.5 Kuro Kage Dual Core 60TX
M2 HL Matrix MFS X5 70X White Tie
Mizuno MP H4 2 iron Aldila NVS 105X
Titleist 909H 21* Speeder 904HB X
Ping Ie1 Nippon Modus 130S +1" Blue Dot 5-P
RTX 3 5010 V-MG Nippon Modus 130S
RTX 3 54.14 V-FG Nippon Modus 130S
RTX 3 58.12 V-FG Nippon Modus 130S
XENON HandMade Long Neck ~~~ New Handmade Xenon Coming Soon


Had the F7 5 wood and it's sweet. Really such a great club, but I was basically in position 1 time per round to use it (if I hit the fairway on that par 5) So on course it was swung 1 time in 3 rounds lol. Decided with my driver struggles, that I was going back to a 2 iron, but instead of dropping the hybrid as I have in the past, I am dropping the 4 iron. I don't think I have hit that club all season. Maybe a few times as a fairway finder off the tee, but if I am using it to find fairways, may as well go back to a 2 iron.

My gapping was kind of messed up is the big reason.
M2 HL - 260+ depending on how hard I go at it.
F7 5 wood - 245
21* Hybrid 240 yards
4 iron - 230 yards
5 iron - 225 yards
6 iron -210 yards
7 iron - 195 yards

I just didn't see the benefit to carry the 4 iron when I only hit it 5 yards further than the 5 iron. And the F7 fairway was only for help from the deck but I really don't need it that often. So I moved the F7 and snagged a MP H4 2 iron and will toy around with the new setup and see how it goes. As bad as my driving has been, I need that extra option off the tee more than I need another wood to hit from the fairway.

12

#163 youngunz5840

youngunz5840

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120775
  • Joined: 01/19/2011
  • Location:San Jose CA
GolfWRX Likes : 292

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:25 PM

If you like the mizuno 2 iron try one of these out. Marked a 3 but it's 18* of loft IMG_7429.JPG
Cobra LTD Pro Elements Chrome 6f5t
Taylormade M2 3HL Aldila Rogue Silver 70x
Either Callaway XR 5w S+ 70x or Ping G30 3H
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4,5 tour 6-P KBS tour C taper lite X
Nike Engage 50 54 60 with X100 tiger stepped
Nike Method Origin B201 35"

Nike RZN Tour Black Volt

13

#164 Roadking_6

Roadking_6

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 405706
  • Joined: 12/14/2015
  • Location:Ohio
  • Ebay ID:Roadking_6
GolfWRX Likes : 1092

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:45 PM

View Postyoungunz5840, on 27 June 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

If you like the mizuno 2 iron try one of these out. Marked a 3 but it's 18* of loft
Trust me this was high up on my want list. This or the cobra king. I've hit it and man it's ugly but it performs. Whenever you move yours, reach out to me first :)

14

#165 jacot23

jacot23

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 416344
  • Joined: 03/17/2016
  • Location:Middle Tennessee
  • Ebay ID:jacot23
GolfWRX Likes : 947

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:50 AM

View PostRoadking_6, on 27 June 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

View Postyoungunz5840, on 27 June 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

If you like the mizuno 2 iron try one of these out. Marked a 3 but it's 18* of loft
Trust me this was high up on my want list. This or the cobra king. I've hit it and man it's ugly but it performs. Whenever you move yours, reach out to me first :)

I'll just leave this right here

Posted Image

Mizuno JPX-900 Driver Graphite Design Nano Reloaded S flex 44.75"
Callaway X2Hot 17* fairway
Adams Tight Lies 3&4 hybrid
Cobra King F7 irons 4-PW
Vokey SM6 50*& 56*(raw) wedges
34" Machine M2 Converter Aluminum Bronze w/center shaft hosel,
Steelfiber i110 S flex tipped 2.5",
Winn mid size pistol grip.

WITB

15

#166 Roadking_6

Roadking_6

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 405706
  • Joined: 12/14/2015
  • Location:Ohio
  • Ebay ID:Roadking_6
GolfWRX Likes : 1092

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:51 PM

View Postjacot23, on 28 June 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:


I'll just leave this right here



I agree, the best looking driving iron on the market. Is there that much of an improvement from the U45? I had that last year and didn't much care for it. I really wanted it to work for me. I keep wanting another one or the U65 because they look stellar.

16

#167 jacot23

jacot23

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 416344
  • Joined: 03/17/2016
  • Location:Middle Tennessee
  • Ebay ID:jacot23
GolfWRX Likes : 947

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:27 PM

View PostRoadking_6, on 28 June 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

View Postjacot23, on 28 June 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

I'll just leave this right here



I agree, the best looking driving iron on the market. Is there that much of an improvement from the U45? I had that last year and didn't much care for it. I really wanted it to work for me. I keep wanting another one or the U65 because they look stellar.

Well I've never hit the U45 so I can't say if it's an improvement. I have a U65 3 with Myazaki Kalua 7 stiff flex shaft and for me is better than any hybrid off the deck and simply a fairway finder off the tee; it is certainly possible that it just fits my swing though. I wish they made it in a 2, and am trying to decide if I want a 4 and ditch the regular 4 iron.
Mizuno JPX-900 Driver Graphite Design Nano Reloaded S flex 44.75"
Callaway X2Hot 17* fairway
Adams Tight Lies 3&4 hybrid
Cobra King F7 irons 4-PW
Vokey SM6 50*& 56*(raw) wedges
34" Machine M2 Converter Aluminum Bronze w/center shaft hosel,
Steelfiber i110 S flex tipped 2.5",
Winn mid size pistol grip.

WITB

17

#168 Roadking_6

Roadking_6

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 405706
  • Joined: 12/14/2015
  • Location:Ohio
  • Ebay ID:Roadking_6
GolfWRX Likes : 1092

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:36 PM

View Postjacot23, on 28 June 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

View PostRoadking_6, on 28 June 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

View Postjacot23, on 28 June 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

I'll just leave this right here



I agree, the best looking driving iron on the market. Is there that much of an improvement from the U45? I had that last year and didn't much care for it. I really wanted it to work for me. I keep wanting another one or the U65 because they look stellar.

Well I've never hit the U45 so I can't say if it's an improvement. I have a U65 3 with Myazaki Kalua 7 stiff flex shaft and for me is better than any hybrid off the deck and simply a fairway finder off the tee; it is certainly possible that it just fits my swing though. I wish they made it in a 2, and am trying to decide if I want a 4 and ditch the regular 4 iron.
I didn't realize they didnt' make a U65 2. I had it in the 45. Granted I had it with the stock C-Taper (and I don't get along with KBS anyway) but I had that and a UDI 2 (same shaft) and it was night and day difference.

After doing some game analyzing about where my needs are, having a fairway finder is crucial. I have more need for that than a 4 iron. The 909H I have is perfect for 3 tee shots on my home course because of a creek that runs through the entire course. Yardage puts me in perfect position every time. So that had to go back in the bag. So I have been pulling the 4 iron for the 5W that I can use off the deck. My home course is 6700 from the back and really unless I hit a terrible tee shot, I am never at a distance where I need the club. I really have no use for it so decided to venture back down the DI path. My course is TROUBLE if you are crooked off the tee. Old style course and lots of hanging trees, even in the fairway if you are out of position, you have no shot. So I traded my 5 wood for the driving iron (I took a loss on the trade but really it was more about getting something that would benefit my needs so I don't consider it a loss). If I don't love this one, I will move it and try something else. Cobra King, Crossover, maybe a U45/U65 and try to find the right shaft pairing this time.

18

#169 jacot23

jacot23

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 416344
  • Joined: 03/17/2016
  • Location:Middle Tennessee
  • Ebay ID:jacot23
GolfWRX Likes : 947

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:16 PM

View PostRoadking_6, on 28 June 2017 - 01:36 PM, said:

View Postjacot23, on 28 June 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

View PostRoadking_6, on 28 June 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

View Postjacot23, on 28 June 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

I'll just leave this right here



I agree, the best looking driving iron on the market. Is there that much of an improvement from the U45? I had that last year and didn't much care for it. I really wanted it to work for me. I keep wanting another one or the U65 because they look stellar.

Well I've never hit the U45 so I can't say if it's an improvement. I have a U65 3 with Myazaki Kalua 7 stiff flex shaft and for me is better than any hybrid off the deck and simply a fairway finder off the tee; it is certainly possible that it just fits my swing though. I wish they made it in a 2, and am trying to decide if I want a 4 and ditch the regular 4 iron.
I didn't realize they didnt' make a U65 2. I had it in the 45. Granted I had it with the stock C-Taper (and I don't get along with KBS anyway) but I had that and a UDI 2 (same shaft) and it was night and day difference.

After doing some game analyzing about where my needs are, having a fairway finder is crucial. I have more need for that than a 4 iron. The 909H I have is perfect for 3 tee shots on my home course because of a creek that runs through the entire course. Yardage puts me in perfect position every time. So that had to go back in the bag. So I have been pulling the 4 iron for the 5W that I can use off the deck. My home course is 6700 from the back and really unless I hit a terrible tee shot, I am never at a distance where I need the club. I really have no use for it so decided to venture back down the DI path. My course is TROUBLE if you are crooked off the tee. Old style course and lots of hanging trees, even in the fairway if you are out of position, you have no shot. So I traded my 5 wood for the driving iron (I took a loss on the trade but really it was more about getting something that would benefit my needs so I don't consider it a loss). If I don't love this one, I will move it and try something else. Cobra King, Crossover, maybe a U45/U65 and try to find the right shaft pairing this time.

I'm starting to think shaft may be the most important piece. I really like the Miyazaki shaft in the U65, but not so much in the z565 iron heads. Good luck with finding the right thing that fits!
Mizuno JPX-900 Driver Graphite Design Nano Reloaded S flex 44.75"
Callaway X2Hot 17* fairway
Adams Tight Lies 3&4 hybrid
Cobra King F7 irons 4-PW
Vokey SM6 50*& 56*(raw) wedges
34" Machine M2 Converter Aluminum Bronze w/center shaft hosel,
Steelfiber i110 S flex tipped 2.5",
Winn mid size pistol grip.

WITB

19

#170 bervin

bervin

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 463524
  • Joined: 04/14/2017
  • Location:Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 202

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:36 PM

RK, I just noticed it looks like your back to the I E1s?  What happened with the s55s?

TM '17 M1 460 - PX HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 tipped 1"
Callaway XR16 14* - GD Tour AD DI 8x
Ping Anser 20* 3H - Aldila NV 85x
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21* Driving Iron - Aldila NV 85x
Cleveland CG1 Black Pearl (4-PW) - TT Black Gold S
Cleveland RTX 2.0 Tour Raw 54* - KBS Tour 120 S
Callaway MD PM Grind 60* - KBS Tour V
Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.0

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#171 Roadking_6

Roadking_6

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 405706
  • Joined: 12/14/2015
  • Location:Ohio
  • Ebay ID:Roadking_6
GolfWRX Likes : 1092

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:40 PM

View Postbervin, on 29 June 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

RK, I just noticed it looks like your back to the I E1s?  What happened with the s55s?
Yeah I am back to the Ie1. There really was no performance benefit one way or the other for me. Both were great clubs. I was just more comfortable with the ie1 bc I played them all last year. My yardage gaps were good. I reshafted from MOdus 130X to 130S same exact specs as the s55. Played a few rounds I bagged both and just liked the looks of my ballflight better with teh Ie1.

Good for good, they were equal, about 1/2 club shorter with the s55. But for those off days, I liked the ie1 better. Both fantastic clubs. I needed the extra cash for some excavation and putting up a fence at my house so i let the s55 go.

21

#172 bervin

bervin

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 463524
  • Joined: 04/14/2017
  • Location:Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 202

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:47 PM

Interesting how such different club designs produced such similar results.  Have you bagged the iBlades at all?

Edited by bervin, 29 June 2017 - 12:47 PM.

TM '17 M1 460 - PX HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 tipped 1"
Callaway XR16 14* - GD Tour AD DI 8x
Ping Anser 20* 3H - Aldila NV 85x
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21* Driving Iron - Aldila NV 85x
Cleveland CG1 Black Pearl (4-PW) - TT Black Gold S
Cleveland RTX 2.0 Tour Raw 54* - KBS Tour 120 S
Callaway MD PM Grind 60* - KBS Tour V
Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.0

22

#173 Roadking_6

Roadking_6

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 405706
  • Joined: 12/14/2015
  • Location:Ohio
  • Ebay ID:Roadking_6
GolfWRX Likes : 1092

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:49 PM

View Postbervin, on 29 June 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

Interesting how such different club designs produced such similar results.  Have you bagged the iBlades at all?
not bagged them but did hit them at miles of golf in my exact setup.

Honestly didn't love them. They were fine but if you offered me a free set no strings attached, I would take the s55, i200 and ie1 over the iblades every time.

23

#174 bervin

bervin

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 463524
  • Joined: 04/14/2017
  • Location:Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 202

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:56 PM

View PostRoadking_6, on 29 June 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

View Postbervin, on 29 June 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

Interesting how such different club designs produced such similar results.  Have you bagged the iBlades at all?
not bagged them but did hit them at miles of golf in my exact setup.

Honestly didn't love them. They were fine but if you offered me a free set no strings attached, I would take the s55, i200 and ie1 over the iblades every time.

Wow, that’s interesting.  Especially considering how many Tour Pros have switched from the 55s to iBlades.  But then again, its my understanding that the I e1s are still pretty popular on the Euro tour.
I have always bagged Mizzy MPs and I am enjoying my MP4s right now, but have had a Ho’ish itch to give a Ping offering a go lately… I am wondering if the 400 series will lower prices any.
TM '17 M1 460 - PX HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 tipped 1"
Callaway XR16 14* - GD Tour AD DI 8x
Ping Anser 20* 3H - Aldila NV 85x
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21* Driving Iron - Aldila NV 85x
Cleveland CG1 Black Pearl (4-PW) - TT Black Gold S
Cleveland RTX 2.0 Tour Raw 54* - KBS Tour 120 S
Callaway MD PM Grind 60* - KBS Tour V
Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.0

24

#175 Roadking_6

Roadking_6

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 405706
  • Joined: 12/14/2015
  • Location:Ohio
  • Ebay ID:Roadking_6
GolfWRX Likes : 1092

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:16 PM

I played mizuno irons basically my whole life. Until I got fit into ping, I would have never thought.

I am really happy since converting over to Ping. You can't go wrong with the Ie1, i200 or the s55 in my mind. Some people love the iblades and based on looks, I would bag them in a second. Probably one of my favorite clubs to come out in years visually. When I swung them, I was not really a fan. But with the s55, it was almost love at first swing. Same with the Ie1. Really really like them. I am always tempted by new stuff though. But I have zero reason to switch.


25

#176 bervin

bervin

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 463524
  • Joined: 04/14/2017
  • Location:Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 202

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:24 PM

View PostRoadking_6, on 29 June 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

I played mizuno irons basically my whole life. Until I got fit into ping, I would have never thought.

I am really happy since converting over to Ping. You can't go wrong with the Ie1, i200 or the s55 in my mind. Some people love the iblades and based on looks, I would bag them in a second. Probably one of my favorite clubs to come out in years visually. When I swung them, I was not really a fan. But with the s55, it was almost love at first swing. Same with the Ie1. Really really like them. I am always tempted by new stuff though. But I have zero reason to switch.

Yep, that’s me.  I’ve bagged a set of 33s, 57s, 62s (that are now on the BST) and now the 4s.  There’s nothing not to love.  Beautiful and I have no trouble hitting them.

Regardless, I’ve still been on a Ping iron kick after switching over to the LS Tec driver and now glide wedges en route.  It just doesn’t seem right to be playing the chrome 4s followed by glide wedges, lol.

I actually set out to find some s59s or 57s on the cheap, but was told they are non-conforming.  Huge let down as they are significantly more affordable.

I’ve been told the s series and iBlades both have the same (or very close to) feel of a Mizuno or other high end forging.  Do you believe this to be true?  Tough to imagine from a cast head…
TM '17 M1 460 - PX HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 tipped 1"
Callaway XR16 14* - GD Tour AD DI 8x
Ping Anser 20* 3H - Aldila NV 85x
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21* Driving Iron - Aldila NV 85x
Cleveland CG1 Black Pearl (4-PW) - TT Black Gold S
Cleveland RTX 2.0 Tour Raw 54* - KBS Tour 120 S
Callaway MD PM Grind 60* - KBS Tour V
Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.0

26

#177 Roadking_6

Roadking_6

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 405706
  • Joined: 12/14/2015
  • Location:Ohio
  • Ebay ID:Roadking_6
GolfWRX Likes : 1092

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:30 PM

View Postbervin, on 29 June 2017 - 01:24 PM, said:

View PostRoadking_6, on 29 June 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

I played mizuno irons basically my whole life. Until I got fit into ping, I would have never thought.

I am really happy since converting over to Ping. You can't go wrong with the Ie1, i200 or the s55 in my mind. Some people love the iblades and based on looks, I would bag them in a second. Probably one of my favorite clubs to come out in years visually. When I swung them, I was not really a fan. But with the s55, it was almost love at first swing. Same with the Ie1. Really really like them. I am always tempted by new stuff though. But I have zero reason to switch.

Yep, that’s me.  I’ve bagged a set of 33s, 57s, 62s (that are now on the BST) and now the 4s.  There’s nothing not to love.  Beautiful and I have no trouble hitting them.

Regardless, I’ve still been on a Ping iron kick after switching over to the LS Tec driver and now glide wedges en route.  It just doesn’t seem right to be playing the chrome 4s followed by glide wedges, lol.

I actually set out to find some s59s or 57s on the cheap, but was told they are non-conforming.  Huge let down as they are significantly more affordable.

I’ve been told the s series and iBlades both have the same (or very close to) feel of a Mizuno or other high end forging.  Do you believe this to be true?  Tough to imagine from a cast head…
Yeah it kind of started with the G30 for me. Got it as a tee prize in an outing (first ever ping club) then went to the G LS and went to the fitting. Had me looking somewhere I never would have guessed.

**FLAME SUIT ON** The s55 are some of the best feeling irons on the market....period. I don't care if they are cast or forged. Do yourself a favor and pick some up of the BST cheap and just give them a run. I promise you will not be disappointed. I didn't think the iblades felt as good but that is just me. The s55 feel better than my ie1, I just feel like bc I launch the ball low to begin with, I got a touch higher launch with the Ie1. Suits my game better.

Loved the glides, but I prefer to flight my wedges low. RTX-3 seemed to be a really good fit for me there.

The only knock on Ping Irons is the clanking of cast when I walk. Performance and feel, I love them.

27

#178 bervin

bervin

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 463524
  • Joined: 04/14/2017
  • Location:Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 202

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:34 PM

Cool thanks for the input.  Surprisingly, I can't find much info on the iBlade other than a 57 reply thread.  Usually these kind of release get the WRX-proclaimed "official thread" with hundreds of responses...
TM '17 M1 460 - PX HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 tipped 1"
Callaway XR16 14* - GD Tour AD DI 8x
Ping Anser 20* 3H - Aldila NV 85x
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21* Driving Iron - Aldila NV 85x
Cleveland CG1 Black Pearl (4-PW) - TT Black Gold S
Cleveland RTX 2.0 Tour Raw 54* - KBS Tour 120 S
Callaway MD PM Grind 60* - KBS Tour V
Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.0

28

#179 Roadking_6

Roadking_6

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 405706
  • Joined: 12/14/2015
  • Location:Ohio
  • Ebay ID:Roadking_6
GolfWRX Likes : 1092

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:37 PM

View Postbervin, on 29 June 2017 - 01:34 PM, said:

Cool thanks for the input.  Surprisingly, I can't find much info on the iBlade other than a 57 reply thread.  Usually these kind of release get the WRX-proclaimed "official thread" with hundreds of responses...
People love them from what I gather, but I am not in that camp. Thats why there are 100s of models on the market. There is no one size fits all. Something that feels good to you may feel like s*** to me. Some people like swinging rebar, I don't. Best thing to do is hit some yourself. They are pretty cheap now. I just sold my heads for $250 and kept the Modus 130S shafts for the next set I want to test out. Hard to find overlength Modus 130 at my specs, so I just kept them and sold the heads. There are deals out there.

29

#180 bervin

bervin

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 463524
  • Joined: 04/14/2017
  • Location:Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 202

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:56 PM

View PostRoadking_6, on 29 June 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

View Postbervin, on 29 June 2017 - 01:34 PM, said:

Cool thanks for the input.  Surprisingly, I can't find much info on the iBlade other than a 57 reply thread.  Usually these kind of release get the WRX-proclaimed "official thread" with hundreds of responses...
People love them from what I gather, but I am not in that camp. Thats why there are 100s of models on the market. There is no one size fits all. Something that feels good to you may feel like s*** to me. Some people like swinging rebar, I don't. Best thing to do is hit some yourself. They are pretty cheap now. I just sold my heads for $250 and kept the Modus 130S shafts for the next set I want to test out. Hard to find overlength Modus 130 at my specs, so I just kept them and sold the heads. There are deals out there.

Yep, I'm thinking about giving it a shot.  Just got to get a few items moved I've got listed, though.  If I can get the 62 heads or my G30 3wood sold, I am all over it lol.  Thanks again for the help!

TM '17 M1 460 - PX HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 tipped 1"
Callaway XR16 14* - GD Tour AD DI 8x
Ping Anser 20* 3H - Aldila NV 85x
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21* Driving Iron - Aldila NV 85x
Cleveland CG1 Black Pearl (4-PW) - TT Black Gold S
Cleveland RTX 2.0 Tour Raw 54* - KBS Tour 120 S
Callaway MD PM Grind 60* - KBS Tour V
Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.0

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors