Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Nike Distance SFT

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Nike Distance SFT (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Make Your Opinion Count

1. 5 (Best) (8 votes [47.06%])

Percentage of vote: 47.06%

2. 4 (5 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

3. 3 (4 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

4. 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. 1 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Gxgolfer

Gxgolfer

Site Founder & Co-Owner

• Rules Official
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,829 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11
GolfWRX Likes : 457

Posted 16 December 2005 - 07:59 PM

244944.jpg

Boasts a soft, low compression core that will give you an explosive, low spinning tee shot for massive long distances. The highly responsive cover provides more control than ever before around the green.

CORE
The low compression core is all about long and straight. A massive explosion off the club face with an extremely low spin rate.

COVER
The highly responsive cover helps with control around the green. Better control means getting closer to every pin position.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:http://www.golfwrx.c...t-ad-questions/If you have a general help question, post here:GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Gallery_flomarilius_*

Gallery_flomarilius_*
  • Guests
  •  
  • Member #: 0
GolfWRX Likes :

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:33 PM

LOVE THESE BALLS. I stocked piled on em thanksgiving day got 8 boxes for $80. Great off the Tee. Lack in spin but great roll on putts. ONLY NIKE ONE CAN BEAT THIS BALL!!!! 5 Stars

#3 peteman29

peteman29

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10358
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:30 AM

I usually play the "premium" golf balls (Pro V1, HX Tour) was running low on balls and found a Distance SFT in a bush.
Played 9 holes with it last night shot 3 under for 9. I couldn't believe how good this ball was!
Nice soft feel but also goes a mile off the tee.
Very impressed

EDIT:

Correction, the ball I found and loved so much was a Nike "Distance + SFT" I don't kow the official specs but I bought some of the regular Nike "Distance SFT" and they are very different.

The +SFT is longer and softer with more spin and nicer feel on the green. The regular SFT is a slightly harder ball, almost as long but not a lot of spin and hard feeling on the putter face.

If you can get some of the +SFT balls you'll like them. As for the "Distance SFT" if your a single figure handicapper (I'm a 7) you won't like them.

Edited by peteman29, 10 August 2006 - 09:47 AM.

#4 willplaysgolf

willplaysgolf

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17035
  • Handicap:2.7
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:17 PM

I really like these balls too. For me they play like the super soft, but with a little harder feel which I like. The last poster said there was a difference between the Distance SFT and the Distance + SFT. The one i use have Distance SFT on the box (just like the pic above) but the balls themselves say Distance +SFT. Hope this helps...

#5 cubfanbob

cubfanbob

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38947
  • Ebay ID:cubfanbob
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:00 PM

I asked Nike the following question:

"I see Nike SFT2 golf balls at Golf Galaxy and other golf stores, usually packaged in packs of two dozen selling for around $20.  How do the specifications and compression of the Nike SFT2 compare to the Nike Power Distance PowerSoft?"

Nike's reply:

We appreciate your interest in the SFT2 golf ball.

The SFT2 will be most comparable to the Power Distance Long.  The compression of the SFT2 is 75 with a Surlyn 432 dimple cover.  This golf ball is ideal for the player who is looking for long, lower compression golf ball at a value price.

If you are looking for a lower compression with optimal feel, I would recommend that you check out the Power Distance PowerSoft.  The lower compression of this ball will maximize distance for lower club head speeds and reduce spin for higher club head speeds.

GHIN Index: 16.5
Cleve Custom XL 10.5 R
Tight Lies 2 16 deg
Mashie+ m3, m4
Adams CB3 5-GW  KBS Tour 90 R flex
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52.10, 56.11, 60.9 wedges
Rife Aussie Mallet 34"

#6 ping1

ping1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23379
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:46 AM

Found a SFT2 ball and all I can say is wow . I like most  all golfers try to ego a premium ball, but just cant compress them. This for me was at least 1 club longer than v1, 10-15yds longer on a driver. I cant feel the difference with putting or chipping from a pro v1. I play to a 6, and im done trying to man up to a premium ball...

#7 cphilippsen

cphilippsen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 474248
  • Handicap:9.8
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:48 PM

I've recently bought 12x 24-packs of Nike SFT on sale, I've been playing these for rounds, generally liked them a lot, but I've discovered that they have an impact click-sound with my wedges and putter, making the feel on short game suck.

Edited by cphilippsen, 01 August 2017 - 02:50 PM.

Posted Image M1 2017 440 9.5*, Kuro Kage 60 S, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Midsize
Posted Image M1 2017 15*, set to 13.7*, Kuro Kage 75 S, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Midsize
Posted Image M1 2017 19*, set to 18*, Kuro Kage 80 S, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Midsize
Posted Image P770 3-PW, bent to P750 loft system, True Temper Dynamic Gold S300, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Midsize
Posted Image Milled Grind 52* and 58*, True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Midsize
Posted Image Spider Tour Black, Super Stroke Pistol GTR 1.0
Posted Image TP5, white
Posted Image Supersoft, white

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors