Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 7 votes

Clubhouse Grille

fellowship good spirit

12362 replies to this topic

#10501 PeanutsDaddy

PeanutsDaddy

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,904 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133046
GolfWRX Likes : 21406

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:46 PM

Bill,

Before I'd lop anything off of the current set-up I'd put a piece of tape 1/2" from the end of the butt cap and grip down from there.  There may be little difference in performance, but at least you'll have a sense of the end result.  

I'd personally build to 8 iron length, but I'm short of industry standard through the bag.   8 iron has always been the last iron in the bag that I feel totally comfortable swinging.  

Haven't jumped into SL irons just yet, but am not ruling out a look over the winter.   I really like the look of the Cobra Forged One model, but am smitten with Tom's SL concept.  The offset has me a wee bit gun shy.

Cobra King F7 9*
Wishon 919FD 13* (1* open)
Wishon 950HC 18* (1* open)
Wishon 775hs 3 - 5
Wishon 560 - 6 - 7
Wishon 575mmc 8 - PW
Mac Custom Grind GW + LW (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Betti, Machine, Mannkrafted, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#10502 SixtySomePing

SixtySomePing

American Bald Eagle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144465
GolfWRX Likes : 12417

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:14 AM

So glad you're back Bill, I knew I l couldn't represent the entire state of Ohio on here by myself... heck, I can't even represent my own area. Worse yet, without you there was an empty seat at the Grille with a cold cup of coffee, which no one could or would be allowed to fill, we would have to retire your OGA number, which is strictly against OGA rules so we would have to send the OGAmobile to get you, or your team in the Grille outing would be a threesome-meaning possibly Rad would have to wear 2 pairs of shorts at the same time (shiver me timbers), or Cyndy would make sure there was no byll for byll, for the coffee, plus we wouldn't have to keep looking for her contacts as she keeps cryyng her eyes out wonderyng when you wyll return (she even suggested puttyng your name on a mylk carton [Byll] ...   So tammy has invited her favorite local country duo, Brett Garther, and Dayton Keller in to the Grille to sing a song for you (aren't they always named stuff like Brett Garther and Dayton Keller?) anyway, this is the song they will sing...
https://www.youtube....h?v=QOcVJVVjzhw
Ping G 10* SFTec or G30 12* Alta Blue 55 Stiff Shaft Golf Pride MCC +4 Grip and/or
Tour 65 Stiff Shaft  Golf Pride MCC +4 Grip
Ping TiSi Tec 3 & 5 Wood S
Ping K15 7 Wood
Ping G15 4-PW Irons Golf Pride MCC +4 Grips
Vokey 48-6* 54-14*  58-10*  Wedges
Ping Anser 5 Milled Putter SuperStroke Fatso 5.0 CCT Grip
Snell My Tour Ball

Outlaw Golf Association #11
Senior Division-ha

#10503 Wriggles

Wriggles

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212649
GolfWRX Likes : 3953

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:29 AM

A lot of comments to read, since Monday.

Monday, I played nine with my two old pals.  My "new" R11 driver turned into a baby rattle.  Later that day, I called Callaway pre-owned, and Josh, the rep, told me they'll mail me out another.  WOW!  What great customer service!

Yesterday, there was some kind of event and the course was closed until 2:00 pm or so.  So, I took the opportunity to spruce up the old Dodge.  Cleaned the wheels and hubcabs with Blechwite,  Polished the bumpers with Turtle Chrome polish, put air in the tires, and washed the car.  Finished up by spray wax, and the car looks pretty decent.

I felt like a kid, fussing around with the old car.  I spent about three hours, without a ache or pain.  I stiffened up real quick, when I finished.

Comments back, some of you fellows spoke about neighbors.  When we bought the modest house in 1998, both next door neighbors were elderly.  The houses were bought by a young childless couple, and a going on elderly couple.  Now the childless couple have two children (good kids) and the other house has also been sold to a couple with two children and possibly a third.

All summer, cookouts and parties abound on both sides.  Our middle property has become an extension of their properties.  Neighborhood kids are playing on our lot, in addition to the neighbor kids.  This coming Sunday, a big birthday party is scheduled for the new neighbor's 4 year old boy.  More of the same.  The other day, the missus painted a park bench (white) that is feet away from the border.  (The houses are barely 10 feet apart.  Small city lots.)  I bet her the party people will be sitting on her bench.

As someone stated, the only recourse is to call the police.  BUT, no matter what, we would end up the bad guys.  So, I say, just put up with it.  Maybe, we'll put up a fence next year, for it's only going to get worse.  But, we'll still be the BAD GUYS.  It's a no win.

The missus is always looking at properties on Zillow.  I told her a warmer climate would be nice.  I've lived all my life within a 5 mile radius of the hospital I was born.  So has she.  So, we'll see.

Maybe, golf today.

Play well!

#10504 billh17

billh17

just happy to play

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 285934
GolfWRX Likes : 6034

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:36 AM

View PostPeanutsDaddy, on 12 September 2017 - 09:46 PM, said:

Bill,

Before I'd lop anything off of the current set-up I'd put a piece of tape 1/2" from the end of the butt cap and grip down from there.  There may be little difference in performance, but at least you'll have a sense of the end result.  

I'd personally build to 8 iron length, but I'm short of industry standard through the bag.   8 iron has always been the last iron in the bag that I feel totally comfortable swinging.  

Haven't jumped into SL irons just yet, but am not ruling out a look over the winter.   I really like the look of the Cobra Forged One model, but am smitten with Tom's SL concept.  The offset has me a wee bit gun shy.
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried a set of sterlings for four rounds,I think it was,and they are beautiful clubs,but i just could not get the performance
with them. The big thing i am having a problem with now is the height. They DO get up there ! Still hitting a fat slug every now and then,but fewer than
when i started with them.Again,i KNOW it is the archer and not the bow and arrow...lol.I am going to work thru this and try to use them as they are,
and i will be using your suggestion too..They look good..and when this old man hits one correctly,they feel and look like the shots we always wanted !
They are a "work in progress" !
Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

#10505 scomac2002

scomac2002

Inside the Starters' Hut

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109841
GolfWRX Likes : 8615

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:50 AM

Wriggles; your wife and mine have something in common.  Mine is always looking on MLS for new listings.  We actually went to look at one yesterday after viewing the photos on-line.  A very tidy two bedroom bungalow, beautifully landscaped in a nice neighbourhood about 45 minutes from where we currently live.  I could see living there, but it would add to DW's commute which makes it a non starter until she retires.  I even wondered aloud about buying the house and renting it out until we were ready to move in.  I'm still chewing on that idea, but considering how fast this real estate market moves in this area it will likely sell before I'm ready to do anything.  But, maybe this is the motivator to get me working more seriously towards our future plans.

Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!

OGA miembro número catorce

#10506 scomac2002

scomac2002

Inside the Starters' Hut

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:41 AM

View Postbillh17, on 13 September 2017 - 07:36 AM, said:

Bill,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried a set of sterlings for four rounds,I think it was,and they are beautiful clubs,but i just could not get the performance
with them. The big thing i am having a problem with now is the height. They DO get up there ! Still hitting a fat slug every now and then,but fewer than
when i started with them.Again,i KNOW it is the archer and not the bow and arrow...lol.I am going to work thru this and try to use them as they are,
and i will be using your suggestion too..They look good..and when this old man hits one correctly,they feel and look like the shots we always wanted !

I wish you good luck on this bill, I do.  Strangely enough, I have taken the opposite tact of late.  I had started out the season quite successfully with an older set of modern clubs -- Hogan Apex Plus and TM R7 driver -- then about mid season I decided to give my full on modern clubs a work out.  It was wonderful for about the first week or so, but it has been a mighty struggle since that time especially when I introduced a new driver to the mix.  I was frustrated!

The two hickory players that came to the course last week inspired me to pull my old wood woods and blades out of the closet and give them a go for hellery.  I was stunned with how well I hit them and all of a sudden the contact issues that I had been struggling with seemed to magically disappear.  I know this is an unconventional solution, but I figure I may as well go with the flow until the magic disappears.

This is not the first time something like this has happened to me; abandoning the supposedly easier to hit clubs in favour of something older and less forgiving.  On the other parts of WRX they will say that I'm absolutely nuts.  I need lessons and practice to correct my swing flaws that are causing the poor results not a downgrade in equipment because newer is an improvement.  I guess I'm of the mind that if you have something that works (more often than not) you stick with that until it doesn't work anymore.  There's no point in banging your head against a wall with a club that isn't really suitable.  It should work pretty much from the get go without having to make much in the way of adjustments to what you are doing.  

I guess I should have known that something was up when I was routinely hitting the Titleist driver about 20 yards shorter than the old TM and with no improvement in accuracy.  No manner of fiddling with the adjustable hosel has brought the club to life.  It even had me thinking about trying a different shaft, but that kinda struck me as throwing good money after bad without having an opportunity to hit one prior to purchase.  I had originally intended to work through my issues with the new clubs for the remainder of the year, but when I'm having this much fun hitting old school clubs it doesn't make much sense in turning a pleasurable activity into a job.  At the very least, the old clubs are a conversation starter!

Once again, good luck with getting your irons sorted, bill!  :good:

#10507 Conrad1953

Conrad1953

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,633 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66402
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:cobicreations
GolfWRX Likes : 40649

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:37 AM

Our "Irma" neighbors left yesterday morning. Don't wish them any ill and hope they're
not going back to homes like we've seen in all the pics...but so glad they're gone!

Cobi has been getting physical therapy twice a week by visiting PT gals. They're
very pleased with her progress! She has a follow up appointment with the surgeon
this Friday to get the staples removed, etc. That's supposed to be pretty painful.

She's still gonna be using the walker for a good long while. This was a pretty big
deal and it's gonna take a good few months before anything resembling normal
activity will be possible. We were very very fortunate her femoral artery in her leg
wasn't punctured or worse when her bone broke. Wow, it always seems when an
accident happens you learn after just how much worse it could have been. Scary.
She might not have made it to the hospital alive.

There's always a lot to be thankful for, even in rough times.
Ping G25 10.5 degree w/PL Blue 65S
Ping G15 4 wood w/PL Blue 65S
Ping G10 18 and 21 Hybrids w PL Blue HY S
    Ping S58 Irons 4-P with Ping AWT R
    Ping Gorge Wedges 52 and 58 w/CFS Wedge  
   Odyssey White Hot Tour #1

Member #3---------Outlaw Golf Association
   Non Physics Geezer Division

#10508 Reasonability

Reasonability

Mirror work is a good idea.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 312661
GolfWRX Likes : 24750

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:07 AM

View PostConrad1953, on 13 September 2017 - 09:37 AM, said:

Our "Irma" neighbors left yesterday morning. Don't wish them any ill and hope they're
not going back to homes like we've seen in all the pics...but so glad they're gone!

Cobi has been getting physical therapy twice a week by visiting PT gals. They're
very pleased with her progress! She has a follow up appointment with the surgeon
this Friday to get the staples removed, etc. That's supposed to be pretty painful.

She's still gonna be using the walker for a good long while. This was a pretty big
activity will be possible. We were very very fortunate her femoral artery in her leg

Yes indeed on how we could always go many steps lower on the ladder of life's events.  Really happy for Cobi she didn't go into deep shock and lay there helpless - or punch through that artery - or end up with medical care that would have taken her down the path of a less efficient recovery.  That's on the order of three things which EASILY could have gone the other way.  And to boot, she's seeing a return to the quiet life next door.  The folks who make these in-home therapy visits can be amazingly helpful.

When my Mom was told to use a walker there were a thousand things that ended up going with that.  If you're holding on to a walker, you have to learn how to get through simple things like making yourself a bite to eat, the proper way of getting in/out of bed and on/off the toilet without the wheels flying out from under you.  Old mom just had the goal of not needing that walker and before we knew it she was abandoning it.   Maybe sooner than she should have but if you knew Mom you'd know that's just her typical MO when it comes to anything that stunts her independence.

Here's to Cobi!  She might have to journey through some stuff to get there - and Friday may be no picnic - But watch her and that walker make tracks until she's soon able to get around without it!  Won't be long from the sounds of it. .

Edited by Reasonability, 13 September 2017 - 11:09 AM.

A cynic sees the cost of everything
and the value of nothing.

#10509 SixtySomePing

SixtySomePing

American Bald Eagle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:27 PM

I sure hope Cobi recovers well too, she will need to take it easy no doubt, but I'll bet she is quite the trooper and makes great strides in her return back to where she was before it all happened.

The medical world, especially the pill world amazes me any more... ever watch those new endless pill commercials they seem to have on tv any more for just whatever reason. They all begin to sound the same.
Maybe they can come up with one for golf... I'm sure it would sound like the others-

Golfizat- Getting tired mid round? Losing your game just when you need it? Try new Golfizat, breathe better, swing more freely, lose unwanted strokes, gain green confidence, play happy golf. Consult your physician and see if new Golfizat  (Golfiminazataminatab) will work for you...  Side effects may include shortness of breath, sweating, short drives, lost balls, broken tees, hairy legs, 4 putts, trouble swallowing, diarrhea, ulcers, double bogeys, heart palpitations, loss of concentration, absence of pulse, chronic death or worse,

Attached Thumbnails

• Golfizat.png

Edited by SixtySomePing, 13 September 2017 - 04:05 PM.

Ping G 10* SFTec or G30 12* Alta Blue 55 Stiff Shaft Golf Pride MCC +4 Grip and/or
Ping K15 7 Wood
Snell My Tour Ball

Senior Division-ha

#10510 Conrad1953

Conrad1953

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,633 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:54 PM

View PostReasonability, on 13 September 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

Yes indeed on how we could always go many steps lower on the ladder of life's events.  Really happy for Cobi she didn't go into deep shock and lay there helpless - or punch through that artery - or end up with medical care that would have taken her down the path of a less efficient recovery.  That's on the order of three things which EASILY could have gone the other way.  And to boot, she's seeing a return to the quiet life next door.  The folks who make these in-home therapy visits can be amazingly helpful.

When my Mom was told to use a walker there were a thousand things that ended up going with that.  If you're holding on to a walker, you have to learn how to get through simple things like making yourself a bite to eat, the proper way of getting in/out of bed and on/off the toilet without the wheels flying out from under you.  Old mom just had the goal of not needing that walker and before we knew it she was abandoning it.   Maybe sooner than she should have but if you knew Mom you'd know that's just her typical MO when it comes to anything that stunts her independence.

Here's to Cobi!  She might have to journey through some stuff to get there - and Friday may be no picnic - But watch her and that walker make tracks until she's soon able to get around without it!  Won't be long from the sounds of it. .

Wow, I didn't even think about shock. No doubt she experienced it to some degree but
had the presence of mind to crawl without moving her legs to the computer that she just
happened to have on the floor for another purpose. Her phone was on the kitchen
counter out of reach. She now has her phone hanging from around her neck in case
she needs it urgently.

We never plan on accidents, of course, but this got me thinking that when alone it's
probably a good idea to keep your phone on you at all times. You just never know.
It could save your life.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#10511 Conrad1953

Conrad1953

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,633 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:03 PM

View PostSixtySomePing, on 13 September 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

I sure hope Cobi recovers well too, she will need to take it easy no doubt, but I'll bet she is quite the trooper and makes great strides in her return back to where she was before it all happened.

The medical world, especially the pill world amazes me any more... ever watch those new endless pill commercials they seem to have on tv any more for just whatever reason. They all begin to sound the same.
Maybe they can come up with one for golf... I'm sure it would sound like the others-

Golfizat- Getting tired mid round? Losing your game just when you need it? Try new Golfizat, breathe better, swing more freely, lose unwanted strokes, gain green confidence, play happy golf. Consult your physician
and see if new Golfizat  (Golfiuminazataminatab) will work for you...  Side effects may include shortness of breath, sweating, short drives, lost balls, broken tees, hairy legs, 4 putts, trouble swallowing, diarrhea, ulcers, double bogeys, heart palpitations, loss of concentration, absence of pulse, chronic death or worse,

Very good my friend! You summed the whole "pill" thing up like only you can!

And then a month or 2 later, or a week later, or the next day, or even the NEXT commercial;
here comes the "call us if you took this and suffered a double bogie or absence of pulse or
anything from a hang nail to chronic death. A hotline has been set up for victims of Golfizat.

#10512 SixtySomePing

SixtySomePing

American Bald Eagle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:56 PM

View PostConrad1953, on 13 September 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

Golfizat- Getting tired mid round? Losing your game just when you need it? Try new Golfizat, breathe better, swing more freely, lose unwanted strokes, gain green confidence, play happy golf. Consult your physician
and see if new Golfizat  (Golfiuminazataminatab) will work for you...  Side effects may include shortness of breath, sweating, short drives, lost balls, broken tees, hairy legs, 4 putts, trouble swallowing, diarrhea, ulcers, double bogeys, heart palpitations, loss of concentration, absence of pulse, chronic death or worse,

And then a month or 2 later, or a week later, or the next day, or even the NEXT commercial;
here comes the "call us if you took this and suffered a double bogie or absence of pulse or
anything from a hang nail to chronic death. A hotline has been set up for victims of Golfizat.

Exactly.. we were watching the morning news this morning before work with our coffee at 4:30 as we always do, and yet another new pill commercial came on, so I said 'watch, before it's over they'll go thru a list of side effects for this wonderful new pill, and one will be 'even death can occur' and sure enough, they said that.... ugh...  so what's the trade off, you can feel slightly legally semi-euphorically released from your allotted/appointed condition, but the risk may be slight muscle cramps, twitching of the eyes or lower organs :) or chronic death has been known to occur in some cases....   oh, ok, I'll just toss the dice and take a few then so I can leap highly in a field of lavender... hahaha

And the hotline thing, absolutely correct, "If you had a belly button surgery between 1989 and 2015 and had mesh net installed to keep your gizzard from coming through you lower intestine, or if you ate asbestos sandwiches on ciabatta rolls, call Wilson, Wilson and Wilson, and we will sue the heck out of everyone, and remember, we don't get money, unless you get money...

Edited by SixtySomePing, 13 September 2017 - 05:02 PM.

Ping K15 7 Wood
Snell My Tour Ball

Senior Division-ha

#10513 Conrad1953

Conrad1953

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,633 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:09 PM

Remember when attorneys, doctors and drug companies didn't advertise?

Man, there's this guy "Alexander Shunnarah" who has 23,542 billboards all
over the southern states. Well, I don't know the exact number but when I see
them I think "man this guy has to chase thousands of ambulances to pay for
all these billboards".

There have been maybe 2 times in my life when I could have sued someone
and probably made a good chunk of change. I just didn't do it. I don't want it.
No one has sued me either so I call it even, lol.

#10514 scomac2002

scomac2002

Inside the Starters' Hut

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:23 PM

Sometimes sh*t just happens.  This incessant need to attach blame when bad things happen to good people is a sad commentary on the society we have become.  Maybe if we were all a little bit more concerned with each other's well being we wouldn't have this epidemic!

I could have sued a couple of times also, but I figured by the time the lawyers got done and all the expenses were covered whatever was left for me wasn't going to make a material difference to my life, after all no one was trying to kill me!  I didn't need to be put through that sort of stress for a few pieces of silver.  It's just a cottage industry that has grown into big business.  It isn't about the victims.

#10515 billh17

billh17

just happy to play

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:23 PM

View Postscomac2002, on 13 September 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

View Postbillh17, on 13 September 2017 - 07:36 AM, said:

Bill,

I wish you good luck on this bill, I do.  Strangely enough, I have taken the opposite tact of late.  I had started out the season quite successfully with an older set of modern clubs -- Hogan Apex Plus and TM R7 driver -- then about mid season I decided to give my full on modern clubs a work out.  It was wonderful for about the first week or so, but it has been a mighty struggle since that time especially when I introduced a new driver to the mix.  I was frustrated!

The two hickory players that came to the course last week inspired me to pull my old wood woods and blades out of the closet and give them a go for hellery.  I was stunned with how well I hit them and all of a sudden the contact issues that I had been struggling with seemed to magically disappear.  I know this is an unconventional solution, but I figure I may as well go with the flow until the magic disappears.

This is not the first time something like this has happened to me; abandoning the supposedly easier to hit clubs in favour of something older and less forgiving.  On the other parts of WRX they will say that I'm absolutely nuts.  I need lessons and practice to correct my swing flaws that are causing the poor results not a downgrade in equipment because newer is an improvement.  I guess I'm of the mind that if you have something that works (more often than not) you stick with that until it doesn't work anymore.  There's no point in banging your head against a wall with a club that isn't really suitable.  It should work pretty much from the get go without having to make much in the way of adjustments to what you are doing.  

I guess I should have known that something was up when I was routinely hitting the Titleist driver about 20 yards shorter than the old TM and with no improvement in accuracy.  No manner of fiddling with the adjustable hosel has brought the club to life.  It even had me thinking about trying a different shaft, but that kinda struck me as throwing good money after bad without having an opportunity to hit one prior to purchase.  I had originally intended to work through my issues with the new clubs for the remainder of the year, but when I'm having this much fun hitting old school clubs it doesn't make much sense in turning a pleasurable activity into a job.  At the very least, the old clubs are a conversation starter!

Once again, good luck with getting your irons sorted, bill!  :good:

Thanks...played 9 today....i am liking them more and more...at least i am not making any more mishits than with the old set !

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

#10516 PeanutsDaddy

PeanutsDaddy

Major Winner

• 4,904 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:25 PM

How would you compare the sound/feel of the Wishon's to the Cobra's Bill?
Cobra King F7 9*
Wishon 775hs 3 - 5
Wishon 560 - 6 - 7
Wishon 575mmc 8 - PW

#10517 billh17

billh17

just happy to play

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:29 PM

View PostSixtySomePing, on 13 September 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

Exactly.. we were watching the morning news this morning before work with our coffee at 4:30 as we always do, and yet another new pill commercial came on, so I said 'watch, before it's over they'll go thru a list of side effects for this wonderful new pill, and one will be 'even death can occur' and sure enough, they said that.... ugh...  so what's the trade off, you can feel slightly legally semi-euphorically released from your allotted/appointed condition, but the risk may be slight muscle cramps, twitching of the eyes or lower organs :) or chronic death has been known to occur in some cases....   oh, ok, I'll just toss the dice and take a few then so I can leap highly in a field of lavender... hahaha

And the hotline thing, absolutely correct, "If you had a belly button surgery between 1989 and 2015 and had mesh net installed to keep your gizzard from coming through you lower intestine, or if you ate asbestos sandwiches on ciabatta rolls, call Wilson, Wilson and Wilson, and we will sue the heck out of everyone, and remember, we don't get money, unless you get money...

we hear the same type down here  on advertising out of Huntington...and the new pill/drug ads...they spend 20 secomds telling you what the drug can do FOR
you...and then spend 40 seconds listing all the things the drug can do TO you !  Including death !
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

#10518 billh17

billh17

just happy to play

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:33 PM

View PostPeanutsDaddy, on 13 September 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

How would you compare the sound/feel of the Wishon's to the Cobra's Bill?
The Wishons felt as good or better and both had a good "no sound" on solid hits....And the Only reason i ended up with the Cobras was they just seemed to
give me better greens holding,and better flight.My brother was just the opposite...he took the Sterlings and i have theOnes. He got the Sterlings
from E bay i think...they looked like they had never been hit....i purchased the Ones and we were gonna try both and figure out who was gonna keep which !
We each got to play 4/5 rounds with each set,which was a good thing.
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

#10519 Papa Johick

Papa Johick

My Girl Duffners

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205685
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 6010

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:47 PM

View PostReasonability, on 11 September 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

Pops!  How's it going?  Grab yourself a chair, man!  You're absolutely not going to face anything less than a good time in the Grille.  Snag yourself a seat.  Have yourself some fun.

How's that perfect little Duffner girl doing these days?

Haha you caught me creeping :). I still come in time to time. Check out what's on the menu and sneak back out haha. It's been going well. Work is super busy. Didn't play much golf over the summer but have been a lot lately. Trying to gear up for an event I'm going to through THP (yes that other site haha) that involves: Vegas, matchplay, Wilson staff, and club testing/free gear. Freaking ecstatic. 14 days.
Glad to see y'all keeping this place running and sorry to see that a few here have been going through some hardships. My thoughts are with each of you.
My girls are awesome. The older one (duffner haha) is starting to enjoy more and more going out to the yard and hitting her driver I recently got her. My only advice to her at this point? Swing the club as hard as you can haha. I figured if she really starts to enjoy it then we will go for formal lessons but monte has said to me before, just let her swing hard. Technique can be taught but speed is hard to teach. So that's what we're doing for now.

Driver: Callaway GBB with Fuji Evo III 569SR

3W: Callaway XR16 with Fuji Evo II TS 765S

Irons: Wilson C300 Forged 3-PW with KBS 105S

Wedges: Wilson PMP 52* with DG S400
                Callaway PM 60* with KBS Tour V wedge

Putter: Byron Morgan Bombora Mystic

#10520 Conrad1953

Conrad1953

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,633 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:00 PM

Nice to see you post in here Papa! You're always welcome.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#10521 Reasonability

Reasonability

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:15 PM

View PostPapa Johick, on 13 September 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

View PostReasonability, on 11 September 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

Pops!  How's it going?  Grab yourself a chair, man!  You're absolutely not going to face anything less than a good time in the Grille.  Snag yourself a seat.  Have yourself some fun.

How's that perfect little Duffner girl doing these days?

Haha you caught me creeping :). I still come in time to time. Check out what's on the menu and sneak back out haha. It's been going well. Work is super busy. Didn't play much golf over the summer but have been a lot lately. Trying to gear up for an event I'm going to through THP (yes that other site haha) that involves: Vegas, matchplay, Wilson staff, and club testing/free gear. Freaking ecstatic. 14 days.
Glad to see y'all keeping this place running and sorry to see that a few here have been going through some hardships. My thoughts are with each of you.
My girls are awesome. The older one (duffner haha) is starting to enjoy more and more going out to the yard and hitting her driver I recently got her. My only advice to her at this point? Swing the club as hard as you can haha. I figured if she really starts to enjoy it then we will go for formal lessons but monte has said to me before, just let her swing hard. Technique can be taught but speed is hard to teach. So that's what we're doing for now.

Wow - that club testing thing sounds fun.  I know Stu has done some of that, too.  Maybe you two could compare notes.

As you've seen - we're just trying to keep it fun and as easy going as we know how to.  Life is too short as they say... and you picked up on how SO many have been tested along the way.  Why not just appreciate kicking back and enjoying a nice quiet corner of the universe.- just for the sake of good fellowship and such?  Might be a crazy idea but this is why you're welcome to jump right on in.  It's a simple concept - lol.  

Yea - I agree that there's been a good bit of general agreement to just let the kids let-fly on the swing while first learning.  Little ones so often - somehow have WAY more natural ability to just get the job done.  Fatherhood is about the best thing there is in life isn't it?   Man, seems like I blinked one time and both our kids were turning the tassel.  Those years just ripped by.

Don't work too hard!  Hope the storm didn't beat you up too badly.  We haven't heard from Stu since it hit.  Hoping he's AOK.

#10522 PeanutsDaddy

PeanutsDaddy

Major Winner

• 4,904 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:34 PM

Papa,

I'd love to see a write-up of your Vegas experience.   Will you be VLOGGING?  (only time I had ever heard that term referenced was with you, also the only ones I've ever watched)
Cobra King F7 9*
Wishon 775hs 3 - 5
Wishon 560 - 6 - 7
Wishon 575mmc 8 - PW

#10523 PeanutsDaddy

PeanutsDaddy

Major Winner

• 4,904 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:43 PM

Bill,

every time you mention the one length club sets I get a little more excited.  It's a curious itch that I want to scratch.
Cobra King F7 9*
Wishon 775hs 3 - 5
Wishon 560 - 6 - 7
Wishon 575mmc 8 - PW

#10524 Papa Johick

Papa Johick

My Girl Duffners

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205685
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 6010

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:51 PM

Being a father is  the damned best thing I ever did haha. Nothing matches when I come home from work and my girls come running to the door excited to see me :)

PD I will certainly give y'all a rundown of you'd like. You can also tune in on the other site if you'd like (same name for me on there) but it can get pretty confusing and hard to follow at times. I will be vlogging my rounds but it won't be seen by anyone until after January as we are signing NDAs and the clubs we are playing are pre release. I wish I had more of them to put up but my computer had taken a hit for the most part and it's not using the program correctly/runs very erradictly.

Hopefully will be able to do more soon if I can find a different computer

Thanks gentlemen. I'll try and pop in from time to time as well :)

Ohh and the storm was nothing. Just a lot of wind near me. Where OSR is at floods really easily. Hopefully stu made it otmok. Not sure how much they were expecting.
Driver: Callaway GBB with Fuji Evo III 569SR

3W: Callaway XR16 with Fuji Evo II TS 765S

Irons: Wilson C300 Forged 3-PW with KBS 105S

Wedges: Wilson PMP 52* with DG S400
                Callaway PM 60* with KBS Tour V wedge

Putter: Byron Morgan Bombora Mystic

#10525 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,238 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
GolfWRX Likes : 13162

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:40 PM

My sincerest apologies as I did not know this. I missed it when you shared this news.

I am upset.

All my love, I hope there can be smiles and maybe even laughs soon.

#10526 Reasonability

Reasonability

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:06 PM

View Postbillh17, on 13 September 2017 - 07:29 PM, said:

View PostSixtySomePing, on 13 September 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

we hear the same type down here  on advertising out of Huntington...and the new pill/drug ads...they spend 20 secomds telling you what the drug can do FOR
you...and then spend 40 seconds listing all the things the drug can do TO you !  Including death !

I'm not exactly sure what they're selling - but it appears it takes two side-by-side pedestal bathtubs to wash it off!

#10527 Reasonability

Reasonability

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:48 PM

Have searched the world over for the true swing keys.  And have concluded it's all in the takeaway and backswing,  Nothing else - NOTHING else matters.

Observe....

#10528 tolmij

tolmij

Living in paradise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 173716
GolfWRX Likes : 10005

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:00 AM

A comment about an earlier post, forget who made it and today is a busy day.

Walked into my doctors office with my flies down. His comment.

Dead men cannot fall out of windows. MMMMM

Not sure what he was referring to. :)
Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

#10529 Wriggles

Wriggles

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212649
GolfWRX Likes : 3953

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:37 AM

Clicked on 2 likes, and I get the message, "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day."

Anyhow, only played a few holes yesterday.  The grounds guys were aerating the greens.  Really doesn't bother me, as I skip around.  But, as I was rounding the ninth, having played 7 and 8 twice, a threesome of the morning chosen comes carting past me, waves, and tees it up on one.  The chosen are skipping around, too.  The other two chosen groups are right behind the guys who skipped ahead of me.  I'm sitting on a bench, waiting for the knucleheads to play one, and outside paying customers head to the first tee.   I tell them to play in front of me.  They thank me, and I play #3, and leave.

I'll bet the outside twosome will never come back.  I'm sure the chosen alienated them in some way.

Rain remnants of Irma this morning.  Don't know if I'll play today.

Cheers!

#10530 SixtySomePing

SixtySomePing

American Bald Eagle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:01 AM

View PostReasonability, on 13 September 2017 - 10:06 PM, said:

View Postbillh17, on 13 September 2017 - 07:29 PM, said:

I'm not exactly sure what they're selling - but it appears it takes two side-by-side pedestal bathtubs to wash it off!

Yeah, that one is so out of bounds... I can just see it now... "How was your 'date' with your husband Carl?" "Well, you know, I figured being upper middle aged, anything was a plus, so we danced under some bulbed lights near the beach, smiled at each other for a long time, then went off to be alone at home after he gave me that 'look'- even though he smelled like garlic... so I thought what the heck- next thing I know he wants both of us to get into these bathtubs he bought on Ebay instead..."  "Oh wow, seems weird".. "Yeah, he needs more than just pills anyway, plus he called his mom 3 times"... "From his cellphone?"... "No, from the tub, she lives with us, anyway she brought him a loofah brush"... "Dang"...

Ping K15 7 Wood
Snell My Tour Ball

Senior Division-ha

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

henkedejk, billh17

GolfWRX Sponsors