Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Electric Push Carts

push cart electric

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Gregg J

Gregg J

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 404978
  • Handicap:18
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:43 PM

I really don't want to get burned with one that breaks all of the time.

I have heard that Hill Bill's cart is good, not fancy and dependable.  I also have heard great things of Motocaddy

I found this one company online called NovaCaddy, which is very reasonably priced but no distribution to think of.  I also have heard Bat Caddy is nothing but trouble.

I would love input from the Forum.  Trying to spend less than $1000.  Thanks.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 lawsonman

lawsonman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,644 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 171857
  • Handicap:None
  • Ebay ID:pingguy1970
GolfWRX Likes : 2695

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:15 AM

Check out Motocaddy, That will be my next major purchase.
I have a excellent short game. It's unfortunate that it starts on the Tee.

Callaway Epic/ Stiff Hzrdus
Taylormade RBZ 19 Hybrid
Ping G400 4-UW
Ping Redwood Anser
Ping Glide 54, 58
Snell MTB Ball
Ping DLX Bag

#3 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,541 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
GolfWRX Likes : 4334

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:03 AM

For reliability it's hard to go wrong with a Motocaddy S1. They've been offered as rentals at many courses in UK for the past decade or so and generally considered durable and reliable. But of course they can and do break occasionally so having a solid USA distributor is important, too. I believe the current distributor (Golf Sellers Direct) has been handling USA importing, service, warranty for about 4-5 years now and seem to do OK with stocking spare parts and providing warranty service.

I am happy with my plain, black, manually operated S1 but for some reason here in USA nobody seems to want an electric trolley if it isn't remote controlled. I've never seen Motocaddy's remote version in person so I can't comment. Most of the remote electrics I've seen over the years look to me like over complicated kludges but there seem to be slightly more modern designs nowadays. Anything with two drive motors plus a steering motor plus radio control bits is going to HAVE to be less reliable than a basic Motocaddy, it would seem to me.

The current pricing on Motocaddy S1 Digital with Lithium battery (and you absolutely, positively do want to get Lithium, not lead acid/SLA) seems to be $795 shipped and that price is the same from any authorized distributor. The trolley weighs 20 pounds plus 5-1/2 pounds more for the Lithium battery. Trolley plus battery together weigh exactly 2x as much as my SM SpeedCart and the S1 folds to roughly the same size.

For about a hundred bucks more Motocaddy makes the similar-featured M1 that folds up smaller like a ClicGear push cart would.
Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

#4 Gregg J

Gregg J

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 404978
  • Handicap:18
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:04 PM

Thank you for the input.  From what I have seen Motocaddy and Hill Billy are the most reliable, until you start getting into the $2k+ stage.  Its amazing how many there are int eh UK, but hardly anyone will ship here.  There is one amazing one in the UK called GoKart, that works based on hand pressure, and it is extremely reasonably price.  DOwnside is shipping costs and lack of service in the US.

I should just bit the bullet and get the one I want.  This sport costs enough already so what is a few hundred more.

#5 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,541 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:09 PM

I put it off for quite a while but am happy I went ahead and got one.

IMO the only way you can go wrong would be to get one where you're on your own finding and buying replacement parts on eBay or something for a trolley without a USA distributor.

Good luck!

Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

#6 avguy

avguy

Replacement Player

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106241
GolfWRX Likes : 146

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:49 AM

I ran the very ugly, but US made Clubrunner by Motocaddie for nearly 4 seasons on the same SLA battery - no issues!  I only gave it up to try out one of the modern push carts, a Clicgear 3.5 and won't go back to electric.  Too easy to push.

For me, I don't need the oddity of electric as hardly anybody here in the desert SW uses one.  I play quite flat courses, plus I am a fitness geek with running/mtn. bike - was never needed!

OP in California - if you have local ties/connections here around PHX, my unit I would sell you for $100 cash with the battery/charger.  It still is very good, but a new battery (yes, it is SLA Heavy) would up its top speed.  It is a non-remote version, so just one motor, can't escape your remote's range of control, either. :blush2:

B4 this CG, was going to get another electric. I researched all the models wanting to stay below $1K.  That GoKart via UK did sound pretty cool.   Others could be made in China - OK for golf clubs, but moving electric parts - think about all the cheaper mass-produced hover boards of recent times.
Bag One
D:Callaway BBA 815(Matrix Ozik Code 6.1)

5W:Mizuno MPti
H: 17 Titleist 915, 21 Ping G10, 25 Bridgestone Precept ECU
5-PW:Honma TW 727 M(Nippon Modus 125)
W:Mizuno 52/Vokey SM6 58
P:Bellum Winmore Midi 787

Bag Two
D:Callaway RF(Matrix X-Con 6)
3W:TM R11ti
H: 18 TM 2.0 SF, 21 TM 2.0 SF, 25 Cobra ACP
5-PW:Callaway Razr MB(PX 5.0F)
W:Mizuno 53/Mizuno 58
P:Guerin TS Black 370

#7 inthefairway

inthefairway

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90812
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:43 AM

A fellow in my foursome every week has a motocaddie and it runs flawless and makes things easier for him.   Looks like a good brand to go with!!

#8 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,541 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:26 AM

Just to clarify...

Clubrunner is a USA company and they have a model called "Motorcaddie". They have been making electric trolleys since about 2002.

Motocaddy is a UK company and they call their models "Motocaddy". They have been in business since 2005 and have had a USA distributor since 2013.

Both of these have a solid warranty and aftermarket infrastructure in this country and both brands are available through Motogolf.com (which also carries many other brands).

The advantage of Motocaddy is a little more modern design and Lithium battery option. The advantage of Clubrunner is USA ownership plus they've been established a slightly longer time with a good track record. Pricing is similar either way.

Edited by North Butte, 20 May 2016 - 09:19 AM.

#9 avguy

avguy

Replacement Player

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106241
GolfWRX Likes : 146

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:10 AM

Thought I'd chime back in.....would love seeing a WRXer pick up the QOD.  Yeh, $900 is bit steep, but looks solid & is Lithium powered.

http://qodgolf.com

I just don't need electric, but dang!
Bag One
D:Callaway BBA 815(Matrix Ozik Code 6.1)

5W:Mizuno MPti
H: 17 Titleist 915, 21 Ping G10, 25 Bridgestone Precept ECU
5-PW:Honma TW 727 M(Nippon Modus 125)
W:Mizuno 52/Vokey SM6 58
P:Bellum Winmore Midi 787

Bag Two
D:Callaway RF(Matrix X-Con 6)
3W:TM R11ti
H: 18 TM 2.0 SF, 21 TM 2.0 SF, 25 Cobra ACP
5-PW:Callaway Razr MB(PX 5.0F)
W:Mizuno 53/Mizuno 58
P:Guerin TS Black 370

#10 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,541 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:22 AM

Looks like the QOD is about 1/3 the folded size and exactly the same weight as a Motocaddy M1. The tradeoff is four wheels and a smaller/shorter wheelbase (when in use) most electric caddies. Guess it  depends on how small the space you need to pack it into!

Do they have a USA distributor?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 3leggedpony

3leggedpony

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130708
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:58 PM

The Jucad is the one I have my eye on. Need to win the lottery first though

#12 zzyzxx33

zzyzxx33

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46767
GolfWRX Likes : 153

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:06 PM

carttek looks interesting to me. I don't know much about them other than what is on their wed site.

#13 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,541 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:13 PM

I've known of one case of "infant mortality" with a CartTek breaking down the first time it was used. But honestly that can happen to any brand of any sort of electro-mechanical gadget.

I just happen to know of more success stories with Motocaddy specifically than other brands.  So I feel real sure my odds are good with that brand and have only limited 2nd-hand information on most other brands. We tend to hear about the bad luck stories more than the no-problem ones!

#14 Harveyman53

Harveyman53

Harveyman53

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101585
  • Ebay ID:Harveyman53
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:00 PM

IMG_1036.JPG

I love my Lectronic Kaddy TS-1 fold up. Dependable, easy set up, and makes walking 18 a breeze.

Edited by Harveyman53, 31 May 2016 - 06:02 PM.

#15 Edinburghgolfer

Edinburghgolfer

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 290215
  • Handicap:8.7
  • Ebay ID:S0236321
GolfWRX Likes : 193

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:57 AM

I've had my Motocaddy M1 Pro for two and a half years and can't fault it. I have the 36 hole lithium battery. I recently had it serviced but there were no major issues with it, I just thought it was worth having it looked at after logging a lot of miles. I can highly recommend Motocaddy. The trolley folds down pretty small and will fit in the boot/trunk of most cars. The trolley itself is very stable. The battery doesn't make much noise when in use but becomes a little more audible as you increase the speed.

If you can find a US distributor I'm sure you will be very pleased should you go with Motocaddy.

N.B. Regardless of which brand you go for I would definitely choose a lithium battery over lead acid. Yes it is more expensive but is definitely worth the extra money. They are much lighter and easier to transport plus they last a lot longer than lead acid.

Taylormade M2 10.5 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple
Taylormade M2 3HL w/ Matrix X4
Titleist 715F 5 Wood w/ Oban Isawa Red
Titleist 816 H1 4 Hybrid w/ Oban Isawa Red
Srixon z765 w/ Steelfiber i95
Vokey SM6 50F, 54S, 58K w/ Steelfiber i110
PXG Darkness Gunboat

Also tagged with push cart, electric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors