Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

fake cleveland CG10 wedges

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BenDog

BenDog

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27110
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:47 AM

has any body had expiriance with fake CG10 wedges i have bought a set off ebay and i am curiouse about the authhenticity of the wedges. They were from a reputable seller with no negative fedback who has sold many sets of the wedges but don't seem quite right. they look like a normal wedge with all the right markings shaft band ect. but they are unusaly light and some funny shots are showing up. i thought the CG10's were regarded at the heftier end of the wight range thats why i am questioning it because mine are noticibly litter than my rac satins or my mates spin mills . the other things i seem to get some dead shots that fell good but come out realy soft ending up well short of a normal shot. if any one has any thoughts it would help. thanx.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Rabidpenguin45

Rabidpenguin45

Gotta love tour preffered knitts

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15927
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:43 AM

Could you upload any photos? From what your discribing, they definatly sound fake to me. And yes, it is possible for fake cg 10's to be made, like at saga24, or other sites where they sell fake clubs. But since they are extremely light... that makes me think they are fake.

#3 barspin89

barspin89

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412616
  • Handicap:4.8
  • Ebay ID:barspin89
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted Yesterday, 07:54 PM

I hate to revive an ancient thread but I came across this problem today doing a job for a friend. His wedges are Cleveland CG10 52, 56 and 60. The 56 and 60 were satin chrome finish and the 52 is a very faded black finish which he purchased separate after losing the original from the set. All 3 wedges had the same Cleveland Dynamic Gold shaft bands. After measuring club lengths and swingweights I was amazed to find very bizarre numbers. 52 - D6, 35 3/4” : 56 - D3.7, 34 7/8” : 60 - D2, 35”?????? The 52 made sense if it was ordered 1/4” long which would raise the swingweight a bit. The 56 and 60 made no sense. Then I took a closer look at the shafts and realized by the step patterns of the shafts that they were not Dynamic Golds even though they were marked as Dynamic Golds. I pulled the heads to find no tip weights (I’ve never pulled a Cleveland wedge without a tip weight) which explains the very light swingweights. Any clubmaker who has any info on this please reply. Are these fake?
TM M2 9.5 Aldila NV 55X
Cobra FlyZ+ 14.5 Aldila VS Proto 70X
Nickent F30ti 18* Aldila RIP Beta 80S
Maltby MMB-17 3-9 TT DG S300
Cleveland RTX 2.0 48 CB 54&60 MB TT DG S300
Odyssey Works Versa #9 33" GP Tour SNSR pistol
Lamkin Crossline Cord STD RND

#4 KaBoom21

KaBoom21

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13233
GolfWRX Likes : 195

Posted Today, 03:37 PM

I have played the CG10 wedges and they are noticeably lighter when compared to older and newer versions of the 588.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors