Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Sky golf Linx GT

38 replies to this topic

#31 sirparalot

sirparalot

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122974
  • Handicap:7.2
GolfWRX Likes : 109

Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:48 AM

1st day out with the Linx GT and I am very pleased.  The system worked flawlessly between the watch, tags and phone app.  It was very easy to navigate and not obtrusive at all in terms of pace of play.  I wish there was a way to tag chips and pitches other than either removing the tag for the club in the app after the shot or not tagging the club at all when chipping and pitching so it does not interfere with club averages.  Other than that I am super excited about the amount of data I will be able to track accurately for improving my game!!!!  I'll update next week after I get another round or two in with the full system.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 mustang6560

mustang6560

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 169231
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:34 PM

Hi sirparalot, I recommend tagging your chips and pitches with the divot tool. If you haven't learned the divot tool, the shots you tag with it will show "--" in the club box, so the distance won't count against your average for a particular club. You can use the divot tool to tag any non-full shot.

Edited by mustang6560, 05 May 2017 - 04:38 PM.

#33 sirparalot

sirparalot

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:32 AM

Thanks for the idea of using the divot tool.  I am going to play a few rounds with it and see if I like this option. I'm playing again on Mon. and will report back.  Overall I am very pleased so far.

#34 sompin2do

sompin2do

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,500 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 96225
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:06 PM

View Postsirparalot, on 03 May 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

1st day out with the Linx GT and I am very pleased.  The system worked flawlessly between the watch, tags and phone app.  It was very easy to navigate and not obtrusive at all in terms of pace of play.  I wish there was a way to tag chips and pitches other than either removing the tag for the club in the app after the shot or not tagging the club at all when chipping and pitching so it does not interfere with club averages.  Other than that I am super excited about the amount of data I will be able to track accurately for improving my game!!!!  I'll update next week after I get another round or two in with the full system.

How do you like going from the SGX to this?  I've been with Skycaddie since the 2.5 and have had the SGX since it came out.

- Does leaving your phone in the cart work ok?  Don't want to keep it in my pocket.
- Do the tags stay in the grips?  I had Game Golf and those tags with my PURE grips didn't always stay in, especially on mishits. What I did was take those glue dots and put them on the end of each grip then push the tags in.  Worked okay but seemed like I got distracted wondering if a tag was going to pop out.

Probably look for a few more reviews before I pull the trigger.  Hoping PGA Superstore will have a Fathers Day special and I can spend my gift cards.

#35 sirparalot

sirparalot

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:07 AM

I am really liking the transition from the SGx.  I have also been with Skycaddie since the 2.5 and just like the entire package from them (also have a Skypro so I am loyal to that brand for sure).

To answer your questions:
1.  Leaving the phone in the cart is fine.  If it loses the connection the watch stores the data and automatically syncs it when you are back in bluetooth range (all happens without any need to do anything other than waiting a few seconds when you get back to the cart for data to update).
2.  I am a PURE grip user as well and read the issues people were having with the GG tags so  I put a small dab of super glue gel on each at the first install ( never installed with out the glue to test) and have not had any issues so far (only 3 rounds in).  They are solidly in place as of right now and I'm not expecting any issues at this point.

My only area of concern is In terms of battery.   I'm using up more phone power than I thought (about 50% for the round (screen is on for entire round so I'm sure if I turned it off it would use significantly less and watch uses about 50% as well).  The watch goes days without a charge when not golfing.  I played on Mon and didn't charge after and then charged on Tues in prep for my round today and was still at 40% so watch life is good, and I'm sure if I use some power management on the phone I would probably use less than what I am now.

I will report back as I get more rounds under my belt and can start really looking at the data it has been providing.

#36 sirparalot

sirparalot

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:35 AM

Played another round with the Linx GT on Wed.  Still really like the system but my last 2 rounds using my Linx GT and sky caddie mobile make me believe there may be a programming glitch. When I have started my round on the front nine everything works as it should however the last 2 rounds we have been sent out on the back nine first and this has created some issues. The watch and app do not recognize a back nine start so I have to choose hole 10 on both the watch and the app (my SGx would ask what hole at the start of a round if it could not determine based upon location). The first nine holes (10-18  everything works fine but once we finish up on 18 make the turn back to the front nine and go to hole 1 to start what is our back nine for the day I am asked if I want to save my round or continue. I pick continue and from that point tagged shots no longer show club and distance on the hole vue screen of the SG mobile app and I get a warning stating USGA and RA rules prohibit showing club and distance on holes that I have already played??? The system appears to think I already played the front nine after a back nine start and then does not show club and distance on the SG mobile app. It does accurately record shots in the end but is no longer as user friendly for tracking shots during the round. The app also runs slower after making the turn after a back nine start as well. This is definitely a glitch that needs to be addressed.  I posted on the sky golf forums the issue and will be calling them today.  I am still very pleased with the system but this is something that needs to be addressed as back nine starts are part of the game at all levels.

#37 sirparalot

sirparalot

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:46 PM

Spoke to tech support and they say its an issue that they are working on so that is good to hear.  I probably have not had a back nine start in over a year and this week I had 2?!?!?  Hopefully the good folks at Skygolf get it fixed.  Again I can't say enough great things about the system and even with the glitch everything works and all data is being captured its just not as user friendly.  Hopefully I won't have any more back nine starts until this glitch is resolved in an update :)

#38 sompin2do

sompin2do

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,500 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 96225
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:10 PM

Thanks for the update.  Will be watching for Fathers Day specials.

#39 xoted

xoted

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 417334
  • Handicap:High
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:27 AM

i had to take the summer off, lots of real life stuff got in the way (good stuff, just got in the way.) so i just started again this month. big system update came out at some point while i was off, installed it, thing syncs with my phone beautifully now. looks like they fixed that problem.

part of the update instructions said to reset your watch. i did that. forgot to turn autoswing off, and the last 2 rounds i played were completely screwed up. going to turn that off and see how it fares next time ( this weekend or next.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors