Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 4 votes

Nike Method Origin Putters: The Official Discussion Thread

Nike Putter

232 replies to this topic

#31 Z3R013

Z3R013

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77770
  • Joined: 03/19/2009
  • Location:Corvallis, OR
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:55 PM

View PostGolfGrouch, on 23 April 2016 - 11:59 AM, said:

View PostZ3R013, on 23 April 2016 - 11:03 AM, said:

Anyone know what these are made of? 304 Stainless steel?

According to the Nike website, the Nike Method Origin Rory Edition B2-01 Putter is milled 304 Stainless steel.  The other models are not specified.

awesome! Thanks! I wonder if the retail are made of 304 too?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,265 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 3795

Posted 24 April 2016 - 01:16 AM

I wonder how long it will take before they release additional origin models in the line?

2

#33 QuickFeet

QuickFeet

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68520
  • Joined: 10/31/2008
  • Location:FT. Worth, TX
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 888

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:57 AM

LOL...........feel is such an individual thing and is very biased due to our current frame of reference which is normally our "gamer" in the bag.

I find my ORIGIN B2 to have a very "crisp" feel and sound when making contact with the ball (RZN Platinum or Black) but not "clicky, harsh or loud."  Even the Titleist ProV or 1X has the same feel off the Origin yet a Titleist off the driver for me feels to soft and dead.  The ball coming off the face isn't "hot" but seems "lively" with very little skid before beginning a forward roll.  Again, just a perception in a fraction of a second; a high speed camera would provide a much better picture of what's actually happening.  On the putting green the same stroke seems to deliver very tight distance control, which is what I'd expect.

The ORIGIN technology seems to have merit.   I've tried some off-center hits (+/- 1/4 inch toe/heel from center) and the sound and feel doesn't change; the roll and speed seem to hold also.  The technology doesn't mask the mis-hit yet the strike still feels solid.

If you have the ORIGIN I hope it works as good for you as it is for me.  For those of you considering this putter, definitely check it out.  Words like "crisp, clicky, harsh, loud, muted, hot, lively, etc." can have such different meanings to everyone; especially when it comes to golf equipment.
TaylorMade M2 10.5o / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Nike Vr Pro :td. 5W / UST VTS 7R Silver
Callaway Apex 3/20o / UST Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23o / UST Recoil 760 ES F3
Nike Covert Forged 4-PW / UST Recoil 95 F3
Nike Engage 58 Wedge / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby 54 M Series + Wedge / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Vr Forged 50 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Nike Origin B2-01
Nike RZN Tour Black

3

#34 pezjason

pezjason

    Member

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58651
  • Joined: 06/23/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 24 April 2016 - 01:39 PM

Does anyone have side by side comparison pics of the B2 stock vs the B2 Rory LE?

I've seen multiple comparisons of the 006 vs the B2 Rory LE, but nothing yet of the B2 stock vs the B2 Rory LE.

There's got to be at least 1 delinquent on here that has bought both. :to_become_senile:

4

#35 pelotonjon

pelotonjon

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 310855
  • Joined: 04/24/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 24 April 2016 - 01:42 PM

Who would be the go to person for engraving letters on the neck of the stock origin in the same style as "RORS" (but with my name)?  Slighter? Continental?


5

#36 QuickFeet

QuickFeet

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68520
  • Joined: 10/31/2008
  • Location:FT. Worth, TX
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 888

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:51 PM

I would think anyone or any company that has a laser capable of engraving could do the work for you.

The font is Bank Gothic, an older font that can be downloaded from many places on the Internet.  Just Google "Bank Gothic"

My retail B2 with nickname and paint filled.

Attached Thumbnails

  • Origin Back.jpg

TaylorMade M2 10.5o / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Nike Vr Pro :td. 5W / UST VTS 7R Silver
Callaway Apex 3/20o / UST Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23o / UST Recoil 760 ES F3
Nike Covert Forged 4-PW / UST Recoil 95 F3
Nike Engage 58 Wedge / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby 54 M Series + Wedge / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Vr Forged 50 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Nike Origin B2-01
Nike RZN Tour Black

6

#37 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,265 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 3795

Posted 24 April 2016 - 03:00 PM

Does the Headcover on the origin have the magnetic closure?

7

#38 pelotonjon

pelotonjon

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 310855
  • Joined: 04/24/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 24 April 2016 - 03:43 PM

The stock B2-01 Origin comes with a velcro cover.

8

#39 BYK

BYK

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291513
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:Cardinals Nation
GolfWRX Likes : 406

Posted 24 April 2016 - 03:43 PM

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 24 April 2016 - 03:00 PM, said:

Does the Headcover on the origin have the magnetic closure?

No, just the RORS version
Yadi for President

9

#40 pelotonjon

pelotonjon

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 310855
  • Joined: 04/24/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 24 April 2016 - 03:43 PM

Quickfeet, was your name done by Nike or a third party?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 jimmymac50

jimmymac50

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19799
  • Joined: 09/24/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 24 April 2016 - 04:36 PM

Ordered mine Friday. Tracking says it will be here tomorrow (Monday). Looking forward to it. Also very interested in where to have name engraved on the neck.

11

#42 Dubv23

Dubv23

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97555
  • Joined: 10/29/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 128

Posted 24 April 2016 - 05:48 PM

One thing I realized playing both the B1-01 and the RORS b2-01 is that the RORS felt softer to me and I couldn't figure out why. Then reading the specs I found out the RORS has 4* loft and the retail versions 2.75*.

I tend to forward press and while I still got a good roll with the b1-01 it didn't feel the same as the RORS. So I went ahead and did not forward press and the softness I experienced with the RORS is there.

Just something to consider for those gaming the retail version since they have a stronger loft.

12

#43 QuickFeet

QuickFeet

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68520
  • Joined: 10/31/2008
  • Location:FT. Worth, TX
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 888

Posted 24 April 2016 - 07:16 PM

View Postpelotonjon, on 24 April 2016 - 03:43 PM, said:

Quickfeet, was your name done by Nike or a third party?

Was done at The Oven.
TaylorMade M2 10.5o / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Nike Vr Pro :td. 5W / UST VTS 7R Silver
Callaway Apex 3/20o / UST Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23o / UST Recoil 760 ES F3
Nike Covert Forged 4-PW / UST Recoil 95 F3
Nike Engage 58 Wedge / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby 54 M Series + Wedge / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Vr Forged 50 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Nike Origin B2-01
Nike RZN Tour Black

13

#44 pezjason

pezjason

    Member

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58651
  • Joined: 06/23/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 25 April 2016 - 12:04 AM

View PostQuickFeet, on 24 April 2016 - 02:51 PM, said:

I would think anyone or any company that has a laser capable of engraving could do the work for you.

The font is Bank Gothic, an older font that can be downloaded from many places on the Internet.  Just Google "Bank Gothic"

My retail B2 with nickname and paint filled.

Do you know what the font is called for the "NIKE" on the front of the neck? Might want to use that on the back instead of Bank Gothic for my name.

14

#45 newportbeach

newportbeach

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481
  • Joined: 05/02/2005
  • Ebay ID:spyglass
GolfWRX Likes : 555

Posted 25 April 2016 - 12:05 AM

Anyone order a custom retail B2-01 with more loft?  I'd prefer one like the RORS model with 4*.

Edited by newportbeach, 25 April 2016 - 12:06 AM.

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

15

#46 thekid21

thekid21

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396992
  • Joined: 09/23/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 25 April 2016 - 12:21 AM

View PostGolfGrouch, on 21 April 2016 - 05:05 PM, said:

View Postirwinfletcher77, on 21 April 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

Rolled one in the store today(right handed). Felt good and looks really good as well. Had a really nice feel coming off the putter face. Wish they made these lefty but everything I've seen so far doesn't look like they did

The B2-01 retail version will be available in left handed.
One rep I talked to said the left handed version will be available May 23rd. Some kind of manufacturing issue.
2018 Taylormade M3 CK Orange 60s
Titleist 917 F2 15* Diamana S+ LE Blue 70s
Nike Vapor Flex 4H Diamana S+ Blue 80s
​NikeVapor Pro Combo (5-P)
Titleist SM6 52F

Titleist SM6 56S
Nike Engage Dual 60
Taylormade TP Black Copper Juno
Taylormade TP5

16

#47 QuickFeet

QuickFeet

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68520
  • Joined: 10/31/2008
  • Location:FT. Worth, TX
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 888

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:09 AM

View Postpezjason, on 25 April 2016 - 12:04 AM, said:

View PostQuickFeet, on 24 April 2016 - 02:51 PM, said:

I would think anyone or any company that has a laser capable of engraving could do the work for you.

The font is Bank Gothic, an older font that can be downloaded from many places on the Internet.  Just Google "Bank Gothic"

My retail B2 with nickname and paint filled.

Do you know what the font is called for the "NIKE" on the front of the neck? Might want to use that on the back instead of Bank Gothic for my name.

Not sure about the "NIKE" on front side of the neck.  Just guessing here.........I'd say it is an image versus a font.  Also, since every ORIGIN will most likely have the "NIKE" on the front of the neck it may be part of the production process.

The "Swoosh" on the back side or "the OVEN" that you see on most of the putters and prototypes that come from there are both images that can be scaled up or down in size.
TaylorMade M2 10.5o / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Nike Vr Pro :td. 5W / UST VTS 7R Silver
Callaway Apex 3/20o / UST Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23o / UST Recoil 760 ES F3
Nike Covert Forged 4-PW / UST Recoil 95 F3
Nike Engage 58 Wedge / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby 54 M Series + Wedge / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Vr Forged 50 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Nike Origin B2-01
Nike RZN Tour Black

17

#48 kmac49

kmac49

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 572 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 169345
  • Joined: 03/14/2012
  • Location:Portland, OR
  • Handicap:+1
  • Ebay ID:kris_mcfarland49
GolfWRX Likes : 259

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:47 AM

Found it interesting, went to see if I could pick up the B2-01 from Golfsmith on Saturday, nobody there had even heard of it. Neither store in my area had any and we're in Nike country up here in Oregon.
WITB
D - Cobra F8 10.5* D
3w - Cobra F8 16*
3h - Mizuno JPX EZ 19
3i - Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli Hi
4-PW - Mizuno MP-69
Wedges - Cleveland RTX 4 54 Mid, 60 Mid
Putter - Changes daily, can't keep up

18

#49 texasdave

texasdave

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3938
  • Joined: 07/30/2005
  • Location:San Antonio....Go Spurs
  • Handicap:5.6
GolfWRX Likes : 377

Posted 25 April 2016 - 12:03 PM

Should be getting my RORS Origin today...since I already ordered a b1/01 not sure if I'm gonna take it out of the wrapper yet.
.               Taylormade M4 10.5*
                Taylormade M2 Tour 15* (2017)
                Nike VRS 18* & 21* Hybrids
                TaylorMade P790 5-PW
                TaylorMade Milled Grind 50-54-58
                Odyssey Marxman S
                Chrome Soft X

19

#50 DirtyBirdie2

DirtyBirdie2

    Of All The Hazards, Fear Is The Worst

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 149559
  • Joined: 12/02/2011
  • Location:YXH
  • Handicap:+1.5
  • Ebay ID:tanggler
GolfWRX Likes : 267

Posted 25 April 2016 - 12:46 PM

View Postthekid21, on 25 April 2016 - 12:21 AM, said:

View PostGolfGrouch, on 21 April 2016 - 05:05 PM, said:

View Postirwinfletcher77, on 21 April 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

Rolled one in the store today(right handed). Felt good and looks really good as well. Had a really nice feel coming off the putter face. Wish they made these lefty but everything I've seen so far doesn't look like they did

The B2-01 retail version will be available in left handed.
One rep I talked to said the left handed version will be available May 23rd. Some kind of manufacturing issue.

Nope. Released the same time as the RH model.

Thanks for reaching out, Jesse. The Method Origin B2-01 LH was launched at the same time as the RH version. We'd suggest visiting your local Golf Town to pick one up, or having them place an order if they don't have any LH in stock. Thanks, Nike Golf

~~~Callaway~~~

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero, 9* w/ Project X Even Flow Blue

Callaway Rogue 3 Wood w/ Project X Even Flow Blue

Callaway 4-PW 2018 MB's w/ Project X 6.0

Callaway Slate Mac Daddy Forged, 52/56/60 w/ TT Black Onyx

Odyssey Marxman Red, Slant Neck 34"


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 jtothep21

jtothep21

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 392076
  • Joined: 08/19/2015
  • Location:Canada
  • Handicap:18
GolfWRX Likes : 92

Posted 25 April 2016 - 02:11 PM

View PostDirtyBirdie2, on 25 April 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

View Postthekid21, on 25 April 2016 - 12:21 AM, said:

View PostGolfGrouch, on 21 April 2016 - 05:05 PM, said:

View Postirwinfletcher77, on 21 April 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

Rolled one in the store today(right handed). Felt good and looks really good as well. Had a really nice feel coming off the putter face. Wish they made these lefty but everything I've seen so far doesn't look like they did

The B2-01 retail version will be available in left handed.
One rep I talked to said the left handed version will be available May 23rd. Some kind of manufacturing issue.

Nope. Released the same time as the RH model.

Thanks for reaching out, Jesse. The Method Origin B2-01 LH was launched at the same time as the RH version. We'd suggest visiting your local Golf Town to pick one up, or having them place an order if they don't have any LH in stock. Thanks, Nike Golf

When will golf town release this putter, I haven't seen anything on their website.
Driver - TM M2 Kuro Kage 60 S
3W - TM Areoburner TP Matrix White Tie S
Hybrid - Adams XTD Ti Matrix Red Tie S
Irons - Ping i200 KBS Tour 120
Wedges - Nike Engage 56/60
Putter - Custom Kingston KP1 Carbon
Ball - Taylormade Tour Preferred X
Shoes - Nike Lunar Control 4 and Nike TW 14 Mesh

21

#52 GolfGrouch

GolfGrouch

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25309
  • Joined: 02/10/2007
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 169

Posted 25 April 2016 - 02:58 PM

View Poststuway, on 22 April 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

View Postjtitleist12, on 22 April 2016 - 04:04 PM, said:

View Poststuway, on 22 April 2016 - 03:47 PM, said:

Very surprised this has 4* of loft.  The methods are 2.5* I believe.  Wonder if the retail Origins are lower and the 4* is just mimicking RoRs specs??

Just answered my own question,  retail is 70*lie and 2.75*loft. I'm working on getting a RoRs,  but I will have to tweak it to 70* and 3* gulp.  Hate to have it bent,  but gotta be done

I had that confirmed by Nike directly as well.

Mine looks incredibly upright and after playing a 70* lie angle and 3* of loft putter for the last 4-5 years, it will need to be bent if I end up keeping it.

- Josh

I'm with you man.  I can't play it that upright either.  Good fitter should be able to do it no problem.  I just hate to spend the money a LE and have it nicked changing the set up.

If you ever plan on reselling it, I would reconsider bending the putter.  Part of the value of the Rory edition is that it is made exactly to his specifications.  If you modify it, it eliminates some of this value.  I think you're better served by buying the retail version with your specs and either 1) selling or returning the Rory edition or 2) keeping it unmodified as a collector's item.

Edited by GolfGrouch, 25 April 2016 - 03:00 PM.

Your "GolfWRX Likes" are greatly appreciated!
  • Titleist 690MB Forged Irons 3-PW
  • Nike Vapor Fly Pro Driver with MRC Diamana S+ Blue Board Stiff Shaft
  • TaylorMade V-Steel 15° 3-Wood
  • Titleist Spin Milled 56° and 60° Wedges
  • Scotty Cameron Newport Mil-Spec Putter

22

#53 TinkerGolfMan

TinkerGolfMan

    Tinker Golf Man

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 332457
  • Joined: 08/08/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 314

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:45 PM

View PostQuickFeet, on 24 April 2016 - 07:16 PM, said:

View Postpelotonjon, on 24 April 2016 - 03:43 PM, said:

Quickfeet, was your name done by Nike or a third party?

Was done at The Oven.
How did you get in the oven?

View PostQuickFeet, on 24 April 2016 - 02:51 PM, said:

I would think anyone or any company that has a laser capable of engraving could do the work for you.

The font is Bank Gothic, an older font that can be downloaded from many places on the Internet.  Just Google "Bank Gothic"

My retail B2 with nickname and paint filled.
This looks amazing!
TaylorMade 2017 M1 9.5°, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Blue, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
TaylorMade 2017 M2 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Aldila Rogue 125 Tour Edition, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Nike Golf Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Nike Golf MM Proto [PROTOTYPE] 4-PW Irons Set# 4 of 40, True Temper Dynamic Gold S400 Limited Edition (Superman Edition), Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Artisan Golf ★ custom 50°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Artisan Golf ★ custom 54°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Artisan Golf ★ custom 58°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Titleist Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2, SC Custom Shop work: Black Refinish, High-Buff shaft band, Yellow School Bus SC Matador, Face/Weight Stamps.

23

#54 TinkerGolfMan

TinkerGolfMan

    Tinker Golf Man

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 332457
  • Joined: 08/08/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 314

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:46 PM


TaylorMade 2017 M1 9.5°, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Blue, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
TaylorMade 2017 M2 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Aldila Rogue 125 Tour Edition, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Nike Golf Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Nike Golf MM Proto [PROTOTYPE] 4-PW Irons Set# 4 of 40, True Temper Dynamic Gold S400 Limited Edition (Superman Edition), Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Artisan Golf ★ custom 50°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Artisan Golf ★ custom 54°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Artisan Golf ★ custom 58°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Titleist Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2, SC Custom Shop work: Black Refinish, High-Buff shaft band, Yellow School Bus SC Matador, Face/Weight Stamps.

24

#55 newportbeach

newportbeach

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481
  • Joined: 05/02/2005
  • Ebay ID:spyglass
GolfWRX Likes : 555

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:53 PM

View PostGolfGrouch, on 25 April 2016 - 02:58 PM, said:

View Poststuway, on 22 April 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

View Postjtitleist12, on 22 April 2016 - 04:04 PM, said:

View Poststuway, on 22 April 2016 - 03:47 PM, said:

Very surprised this has 4* of loft.  The methods are 2.5* I believe.  Wonder if the retail Origins are lower and the 4* is just mimicking RoRs specs??

Just answered my own question,  retail is 70*lie and 2.75*loft. I'm working on getting a RoRs,  but I will have to tweak it to 70* and 3* gulp.  Hate to have it bent,  but gotta be done

I had that confirmed by Nike directly as well.

Mine looks incredibly upright and after playing a 70* lie angle and 3* of loft putter for the last 4-5 years, it will need to be bent if I end up keeping it.

- Josh

I'm with you man.  I can't play it that upright either.  Good fitter should be able to do it no problem.  I just hate to spend the money a LE and have it nicked changing the set up.

If you ever plan on reselling it, I would reconsider bending the putter.  Part of the value of the Rory edition is that it is made exactly to his specifications.  If you modify it, it eliminates some of this value.  I think you're better served by buying the retail version with your specs and either 1) selling or returning the Rory edition or 2) keeping it unmodified as a collector's item.

Nah just game it.  Rory will switch to another putter within three years and Nike will do another special limited Rory model.  The Origin and 006 will fall in price since they are not the latest and greatest.  :)

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

25

#56 sharks25

sharks25

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194266
  • Joined: 07/23/2012
  • Location:Bay Area, California
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:18 PM

I'm sorry if someone already said it but when will the other putters be released? The flow neck in particular.

26

#57 stuway

stuway

    Stuart

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49488
  • Joined: 02/21/2008
  • Location:The Bluegrass
  • Ebay ID:stuway74
GolfWRX Likes : 128

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:50 PM

I'm gonna game it for sure.  Not gonna resell.  So if I can't play it as is,  bended she gets.  Yes,  my RoRs putter is a female
Nike
Nike
&
More Nike

27

#58 rpaige88

rpaige88

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 173698
  • Joined: 04/08/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 254

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:32 PM

View Poststuway, on 25 April 2016 - 05:50 PM, said:

I'm gonna game it for sure.  Not gonna resell.  So if I can't play it as is,  bended she gets.  Yes,  my RoRs putter is a female

I don't know if I'll be able to bend mine. I'm still up in the air about what I'll do with mine. May just have to return it and buy a retail version or find someone on here who wanted one and didn't get one.
Optiforce 440 9.5* w/ B-Series BlueBoard 60X
913H 18*& 22* w/ iRod 85F4
Ping s55 (4-PW) w/ Recoil 95 Prototype
Engage 50sq, 54sq, 60ds w/ Recoil 110 Prototype
Bettinardi Signature Series 7

28

#59 madmaclive

madmaclive

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5808
  • Joined: 09/06/2005
  • Location:Florida/ Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:29 PM

View Postsharks25, on 25 April 2016 - 05:18 PM, said:

I'm sorry if someone already said it but when will the other putters be released? The flow neck in particular.

I was told the other models have only been available to players for a couple weeks so they might be a while. Probably later in the summer.

29

#60 gkberger1

gkberger1

    gkberger

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396122
  • Joined: 09/15/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:32 PM

View Poststuway, on 25 April 2016 - 05:50 PM, said:

I'm gonna game it for sure.  Not gonna resell.  So if I can't play it as is,  bended she gets.  Yes,  my RoRs putter is a female

Yep thats what I would do


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30




Also tagged with Nike, Putter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors