Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Best Schools for College Golf in Florida/SouthCarolina/Georgia

College High School Florida Georgia

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CMGolfEnthusiast

CMGolfEnthusiast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 417790
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:32 PM

So I am an aspiring college golfer in Massachusetts. I am currently a sophomore in high school and I am the #1 in our starting rotation. Do you know of any schools in the southeast specifically these three states. I carry about a 3 GPA and am wondering if anyone has tips and what not on getting on to a team and noticed early enough to go to a school for golf purposes.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 buckwild307

buckwild307

Buck'sGolferTag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 296337
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 30 March 2016 - 07:45 AM

Now I'm not much older than you I'm a Junior but I have been to several college lacrosse camps were they have given some good getting recruited tips that could help with golf as well.

So there are different methods at different schools but higher level colleges D1 and most D2 schools have a wide range of kids they can look at so if your not on a national leaderboard most likely they don't go look at you. How ever if you email them with some tee time info for one of your high school matches and lit some of your scores and experiences they may give you a look.

If your looking to go D3 most likely your not going to get a scholarship because its D3 but contacting the coach or athletic department won't hurt anything.

You might also wonder how do I get phone numbers emails etc. Well google and finding the right links will help for example the #1 golf school on NCAA.com is Illinois and I searched Illinois athletic department and I got this link with a lot of peoples contact info http://fightingillini.com/staff.aspx

Hopefully that helps you out GL man.
New youtube channel comeing soon

#3 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
GolfWRX Likes : 2213

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:43 AM

Colleges do not care what you do in High School golf.  

They want to know what you do in State, Regional, and National Junior Golf competitions.  Whether it is D1 or D2, they are primarily looking for Nationally Ranked players.

Football is the only sport you HAVE to play in high school to get a Collegiate Scholarship anymore.  Unless you are the best of the best, Colleges will not step foot on a high school campus to recruit an athlete from Golf, Basketball, Baseball, etc.  They are going to watch the travel circuit where they can see 100 kids in one day.

Edited by heavy_hitter, 30 March 2016 - 10:54 AM.

#4 agatha

agatha

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 308263
GolfWRX Likes : 1408

Posted 30 March 2016 - 09:37 PM

I agree with heavy hitter about the high school play, but if you are not trying to play at a school where its high level D1 or even a mid major D1 then possibly high school golf can help.  D3, NAIA, are great options and you don't necessarily have to be a star to play at those levels.  NAIA does have scholarship money as well.   If you are seeking top schools then yes, high school means diddly..

#5 super7

super7

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53775
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:09 AM

AJGA is the best way to get notice if you want to play D1 outside your home State. Also high level Junior events like Junior World, Jr Jones Cup, Jr PGA and others on this level. Or you can try USGA Jr or am.

#6 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
GolfWRX Likes : 2213

Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:10 AM

View Postsuper7, on 31 March 2016 - 10:09 AM, said:

AJGA is the best way to get notice if you want to play D1 outside your home State. Also high level Junior events like Junior World, Jr Jones Cup, Jr PGA and others on this level. Or you can try USGA Jr or am.

View Postsuper7, on 31 March 2016 - 10:09 AM, said:

Bubba Conlee, North South Junior, Junior Orange Bowl

#7 jngolf

jngolf

I do my best...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113713
  • Ebay ID:OakleyGolfer81
GolfWRX Likes : 94

Posted 31 March 2016 - 03:41 PM

I live in Augusta and Augusta University won back to back Division I National Championships in golf in 2010-11.  The perks of playing at Augusta U, and even other D1 schools in the area like South Carolina, Georgia, and others is your team gets a round at Augusta National once or twice a year.  But as the other posters said, join and play in your local junior golf circuit and succeed; that's what college coaches of D1 golf programs look for.
TaylorMade M2 9.5 degrees with Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70X
TaylorMade M1 15 degree 3 wood with Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70X
TaylorMade M1 19 degree 5 wood with Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70X
TaylorMade P770 irons 4-PW with Nippon Modus 120X
TaylorMade Milled Grind Wedges 50, 54 and 58 degrees with Nippon Modus 120X
Taylormade Spider Tour Red putter with SuperStroke SGP 1.0 grip
TaylorMade TP5x ball

#8 generaljhc

generaljhc

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93095
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:38 PM

GA has a lot of good D1,D2, NAIA, and D3 college golf team.

Checkout

http://collegiategol...aches-poll.html

Find colleges of interest, develop a golf resume, go college websites and learn about teams. Email coaches.

As stated above,  find tournaments to play in this summer. Most states have Jr Tours, State Jr Championships. Can also play State Am and State Open

State Junior Tour
http://www.mgalinks....golf/index.html

State Jr Championship
http://www.mgalinks....ior/junior.html

State Am
http://www.mgalinks....ur/amateur.html

State Open
http://www.mgalinks..../open/open.html

Edited by generaljhc, 10 April 2016 - 05:18 PM.

Also tagged with College, High School, Florida, Georgia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors